• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari and Nakano Ran

Once Rai saw that his attack stunned the Unholy One for a bit, he smiled, at least now he knows how to maintain it for a bit. The effects of the dagger quickly wore off though, which made Rai's smile immediately fade. The Pegasus charged at Rai which made him swing his blade forwards, aiming at it's neck. Once his blade was in range of it's neck, he expected to connect with it but instead, the Unholy One parried his blade and threw more feathers at him. Rai was not in a good position and those feathers were fast. He didn't have time to react.

Rai steeled himself and bit down on his tongue as the feathers ripped through his skin and stained his haori. He lurched back a bit and coughed up a bit of blood. One feather had lodged itself in his chest near his aorta. Rai fell to his knees and threw up some more blood onto the ground. Things became a bit blurry as he looked up the see the beast charge Nakano. He had to help her.

1651806815560.png

Nakano became worried as she saw Rai take a handful of feathers do his body. He didn't have to chance to reflect some like she did so he took more damage. Then, the bastard came towards her. The Unholy One charged at her again. She'd have to change things up this time. Nakano swooped low and slid underneath the Pegasus, and as she was almost behind it, she used her dagger to stab into it's left hind leg. Once she had cleared it, she quickly stood back up and leapt at it, landing on it's back. She knew this wouldn't be good. Not at all. But, what else was she gonna do?

Rai watched in awe as Nakano quickly punctured one of the Unholy One's legs and then...mounted it? What the hell was she doing? Rai groggily picked himself up and arched his katana back like a spear.

"One chance.." He said, blood dripping from his lips. He closed one eye and carefully aimed at the Pegasus. He adjusted his aim to the right, near it's stomach, and began to charge his katana with 124,045 volts exactly. That'd kill a regular horse but, this was a fucking Pegasus. Huge difference. Rai then finally threw his katana forward, hoping to hit his target.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rai's Condition: 84%
Rai's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 82%
(-12 Magic)
Nia's Condition: 89%

Interactions: Kumii Kumii

Last edited:
!!! The Unholy One !!!Location: The Forest
Interactions: SharkBark SharkBark
Current Weather: Dark Mist (All attacks made against The Unholy One are weakened. Cannot be cleared.)
In Battle

Nakano slid under the pegasus, stabbed its leg then mounted it. Which made the pegasus angrier as it buck around to try and throw Nakano off. Rai's thunder sword did make contact and actually pierced the pegasus' hide and dug itself about halfway into its chest. The Unholy One would managed to throw Nakano off and gallop away a bit, lifting its right leg up. It did something Rai probably didn't expect, it turned its head and pulled his katana out then started to wield it in its mouth as if it were its own sword.

Accompanied by this, its blue wing tips started to catch fire, with a faint blue flame, its eyes did the same thing. A faint blue flame emanated from them. With its new sword, it almost seemed to learn completely new abilities as it swung its head with the blade in its mouth downward as a jet of blue flames flew out from the swing.

(Attack Order; Blue Flame Slash.
+ Immunity to Fire)
(PHASE 2 BITCHES!!)
The Unholy One (1414/1886 (74.9%) Vitality)

Last edited:
CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari and Nakano Ran

At this point, Rai had no idea what was going on. Nakano was flung off of a Pegasus. His attack still worked though. It pierced the Unholy One's flesh and once again, Rai had damaged it. But of course, it had other plans for his blade. The Pegasus ripped the katana from it's skin and seemed to level up. It's body started to produce blue flames from it's feathers and the worst, I mean worst, part yet was that it was wielding his katana. it swung it's head and the blade moved with it, spewing blue flames from it.

"Oh, what the actual fuck." Rai said to himself. He looked over at Nakano who looked equally confused. "Alright then." Rai picked himself up from the ground and took out his second katana. He said to Nakano, "Slash and Stomp?"

Nakano smiled and stood up. Slash and Stomp it was. It was a move Rai and Nakano had made together that used Rai's swordsmanship and Nakano's hand to hand combat to defeat someone. In this case, something.

"Step back, Nakano." Rai said. And she did what she was told. Now, time for one of Rai's trump cards. Rai got into a low position and held his katana close to his side. Once again, he charged his blade up with electricity. 150,000 volts this time. He was going to use a move that would go across the entire vicinity, which is why he told Nakano to back away. "Lightning Arsenal, Move 3.." He started. Rai's blade was fully charged at this point. "Lightning Cyclone!"

Mimicking a cyclone, Rai spun his blade around in a circle and lighting surged all around him. Leaves disintegrated, trees were carved, and Rai directed the cyclone towards the Unholy One, moving at a quick pace.

1651810149603.png

Nakano watched with glee as Rai used one of her favorite moves. The Lightning Cyclone. Now, all she had to do was get the Pegasus off guard. Nakano picked up her second dagger that had reflected off of the Unholy One at the start of the battle and ran towards it. Once she was a few feel away, she leapt into the air and threw both daggers downwards towards it. One dagger aimed at the top of it's head and the other at it's left leg. If one of those hit, the fight would lean towards their advantage. As Nakano came down, just to be sure, she lifted her leg for an axe kick and swung down for a follow up attack.
Rai's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 63% (-21 Magic)
Nakano's Condition: 89%

!!! The Unholy One !!!Location: The Queenland Forest
Current Weather: Dark Mist (All attacks made against The Unholy One are weakened. Cannot be cleared.)
In Battle

The Unholy One seemed to create a dark magic Gravity Well that negated not only Nakano's attacks but Rai's as well. There was a distant howl and, before it could finish its attack, was being attacked by ANOTHER Legendary Beast, Miramuna. The Great Tree Guardian vs. The Unholy One, it wasn't just a fight, it was a turf war. It turns out they were fighting in the Queenland Forest and the giant wolf was attracted by the fighting.

The sudden attack from Miramuna caused the pegasus to drop Rai's sword as the wolf chomped down on the pegasus' neck and swung it around like it was a ragdoll. The giant wolf threw the pegasus directly over Rai and Nakano, instead of engaging Rai and Nakano, Miramuna ignored them and leaped over them like something out of Free Willy.

The Unholy One got up and kicked Miramuna in the face with his hind legs, sending the giant wolf flying back a good distance, narrowly avoiding the pair who were insects compared to these beasts. Miramuna stared at the Pegasus for a moment, it couldn't stand up to The Unholy One right now though so it decided to retreat and leave The Unholy One and Rai and Nakano back alone in their fight, though the Pegasus was badly damaged from that scuffle with Miramuna.

It won its turf war with Miramuna for now, but it also gave Rai and Nakano a huge advantage.
The Unholy One (914/1886 (48.4%) Vitality)

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari and Nakano Ran

Slash and Stomp was a complete failure. The Unholy One immediately cancelled their attacks. That's a major waste of energy for Rai. Guess Nakano will have to switch to Magic. Rai was preparing for another attack when a loud howl could be heard.

"What the hell is that?" Rai said.

Seeming to come out of no where, a large green, branch covered wolf jumped into the battle. Was it here to help the Pegasus kill them? If so, they were fucked. But that wasn't the case. The wolf took a bite into the Unholy One's neck and swung around violently. It seemed like it was going to kill the Pegasus until it was swung over Nakano and Rai's heads. Shit.

"Nakano..run." Rai said shakily as he watched the wolf stand in front of them. But before they could move, it leaped over their heads, ignoring them completely and sized up the Pegasus. This could be their chance to run away. They'd let these two battle it out. Rai grabbed Nakano's arm and they began to take a few slow steps away. That's when the Miramuna retreated, bringing Rai and Nakano back into the spotlight.

"Shit." Nakano swore. "Wait, we might have a better chance here, Rai. It's damaged badly." Rai examined the Unholy One. She wasn't wrong.

"Alright. What do you suggest we do?" he asked.

"We need to have a more strategic plan."

"Alright, think one up for us."

"Hm. I already took out one leg, you've affected it's body, and that wolf took a liking to it's neck."

"And...? We don't know that wolf. And as far as I can tell, it's scared of the Pegasus."

"I know but, we should immobilize it. And then, if you want to-"

"If your saying if I want to kill it, yes. I like your plan. We need to find a way to get to it's legs though."

"I got it. Follow my lead."

Nakano walked slowly towards the Unholy One. She knew it was still alert so she carefully walked up to it to avoid it making any sudden movements. As Nakano got closer, she but her hand on her back and a red glow begun to form from it.

"Hey, little horse birdie." She softly said. "I'm sorry about that dagger I hit you with. Can we be friends?"

Nakano knew she wasn't going to get an answer and she never intended to. She brought her hand from behind her back and shot flames onto the ground around the beast. And then with her free hand, she shot flames above it to prevent the Unholy One from flying upwards.

"Give em hell, Rai!" Nakano yelled out.

Rai instinctively blasted forward and picked up Nakano's daggers off the flew. He then threw them at the Unholy One. Now that it had no place to run without going through the flames, it wouldn't be able to dodge.

"Make your flames stronger, Nakano!" Rai called to her. "Just in case it tries to flap it's wings and blow away the flames!"
Rai's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 63%
Nakano's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 95%

Attachments

• 1651811681720.png
    1651811681720.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Current Weather: Hellfire (All attacks are doubled in power. The Unholy One takes increased damage from Water based attacks. Cannot be cleared.)
In Battle

Nakano surrounded the Unholy One with flames so it couldn't dodge. They had it... or so they thought, the beast took flight and flew through the flames like they weren't even there, taking no damage at all. It had a Fire immunity now. The Unholy One began to emit a dark aura and faintly glowing blue around its body. Despite having injuries from Miramuna, it looked like it could still move quite well.

The Pegasus flew a bit higher then dived and collided with the ground that sent out a vortex of blue hellfire that changed weather from Dark Mist to Hellfire. The Unholy One galloped away a very big distance away from Rai and Nakano, it paused for a moment then began galloping at full speed at them. As it gained speed, blue hellfire began to form around its hooves. At about half distance away, the fire fully engulfed the pegasus' body and it become a full on Flame Charge, that was much more intense thanks to the Hellfire weather condition currently active, directly at the pair.

(Attack Order; Hellfire Vortex into Blue Flame Charge.)
Posts until Strong Attack: 1

The Unholy One (914/1886 (48.4%) Vitality)

Mateo was huffing from his consistent babble as Mika took up the speaking. He was usually more mellow, more put together. But what could he say? He'd been really worried about his friends. Seeing Mika was a huge relief to him. Being on his own, even with Cora, had been somber. His search in answers for everything had come up completely dry. Hope seemed lost. He thought he was doomed. But seeing Mika had made things better. Restored hope flourished inside of him; a wide smile plastered to his face with glistening eyes.

Though, his hyperactivity somewhat deflated when Mika asked about the letter. He didn't know about the letter? Had he damaged his brain in those six months away? How could he not know about the letter when he was the one who had wrote it? Unless... he didn't write it.

Mateo didn't want to believe it, but it was how Mika presented it. He was clueless about the letter. In fact, he didn't even have a clue. He still didn't know where Skyla was. Yeah, that would be an instant mood dampener for anyone.

He looked down dejectedly when Mika broke for a pause. He felt it too. But he looked back up when Mika started again. He'd recollected himself and his voice seemed like it was before it broke. He talked about how he changed, how he had gotten the Lance of Flames, and even brought out the weapon to show him. Mateo gasped when looking at it. He couldn't careless about it being a sharp, cool looking weapon. All he cared about was that it was definitely imbued with magical power. He'd been studying magic for so long that of course he would know. He had the sight for magical artifacts and could tell at a glance that this one had some strong magical energy to it. And he guessed it was relating to fire just because of the name. The Lance of Flames wasn't exactly subtle. Nevertheless, it had him bouncing again.

"So cool! Can I touch it?" He didn't wait for an answer. Mateo had a one-track mind when it came to anything magical. He touched the sphere looking thing at the center. He wasn't sure how it worked with magic, but it could end up being what imbued it with fire power. He'd have to really look closely at it to figure out how it worked. And he really, really wanted to. He almost did, until Mika interjected with his next line which jolted Mateo out of his daze of fascination. "What a bumper. This thing sure is cool, but I wouldn't give up my magic for anything in the world. It can only use one type, but by learning and training, we can learn multiple types. Maybe even all of them. It's exciting to think about, at least." He gave an earnest smile. It was probably a stupid dream for a human, likely never been done before, but it was his dream. And he was fully committed to it.

Then he finally remembered the letter. He sunk to the floor and took off his hiker's backpack, which made a sound as it hit the ground. Various odds and ends he'd collected. Clues about his personal stuff, and things he thought might help in the search for the two. Different scrolls, teachings from magic instructors, his maps with different routes marked on it, including merchant trading routes and secret pathways and areas he had learned as a traveler. He didn't used to carry so much, in fact he packed light, but he has some valuables that he just needed to keep with him. He hoped the backpack wouldn't end up weighing him down. "So, how'd you get that thing anyways? Please tell me there's an awesome story about how you got it. Please one that involves magic. And is there some sort of legend surrounding it? I'm guessing its some sort of important, hard to get artifact. It looks like one at least." As he spoke, he took out different scrolls in search of the letter he had received. He wanted to show Mika so he could remember what he had sent. Or what Mateo hoped he had sent. There hadn't seemed to be a name from the sender attached but it couldn't be a coincidence that Mika was here and then he gets a letter to come to this bar. Mateo was being way too optimistic in that sense.

Mika the Flaming SpearLocation: Westshire Bar by happenstance
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
Current Weather: None

Mika looked at Mateo and at his childlike wonder, then he asked for a story. A story? Mika wasn't very good at those but he tried, "Um well basically, I looked for it at an abandoned fortress. Which was mostly abandoned, as the name would suggest." He thought for a second, "Uh... I guess when I touched it, it sucked away my other elements and then awakened or at least that's what I think it did and now here we are. Pretty boring, huh?" Mika smiled a bit.

Mateo started to dig around in his pack, grabbing a scroll, presumably the one he thinks Mika sent. Mika looked at the letter and its contents, "Yeah, I didn't send this. Sorry, Mateo."

NiaLocation: Arriving at the Westshire Bar

Nia arrived in Westshire and she made her way to bar, "It should be... right... here..." She saw it and let out a sighed, "Finally, I made it." She walked and caught the tail end of what Mika said, "No, you didn't but I-" She realized who it was, "Mika..." Mika turned around, "Hey, Nia."

Nia didn't show her happiness but instead went straight to scolding, "Mika! Where did you go?! Why did you leave! We searched everywhere for you!" She scolded him but she was happy he was there, Mika gave a small smile, "Sorry, Nia. I got obsessed with finding Skyla." Nia sighed and hugged Mika, "Don't do that again..." She let go, "Seriously! Mateo was seriously worried about you!" She teased Mateo but, really, she was just as worried as he was.

Mateo didn't think the story was boring at all. Well, it was a low bar to keep him pleased when it related to magic. He found everything and anything fascinated when it had some element of magic. It was no fairy tale, but it was still cool to hear. Despite him rummaging in his bag, he was listening intently. The thing about it sucking away his other types was interesting.

He shook his head when Mika said it was pretty boring. "On the contrary! That's so interesting that it took away all your other magic! I mean, a true loss, but still interesting!" He was starry eyed, practically beaming. His voice got lower as he started theorizing. "I wonder if it's more like a block to those elements while its activated, or it could be permanent. Like for life. It might even be a curse." He looked up at Mika when he said the last bit. Mika didn't deserve to go through something like that. He considered all curses to be horrible things, and he hated the thought of that being the case with Mika. He suddenly got really interested in searching for the letter.

He found it a second later. Good thing too. Topic change to what was really important right now. He made sure to pack up his bag again and then slung back over his shoulders so he could stand again. He handed over the letter, but even after looking at it and reading it, Mika still confirmed that he didn't write it. So maybe it was just a coincidence that Mika was here. He wondered who had written it then. It was honestly kind of a let down if he was being honest. The other two hadn't arrived yet, at least he didn't see them, so its not like he could ask them if they knew assuming they each got one. Or maybe one of the other two sent it. He really couldn't be sure anymore since that big let down.

"Nah, its fine. I'm just glad I got to see you again. Lucky coincidence, huh?" He joked. Not even a second went by before a new voice joined them. He jumped, not expecting it and also coming off the hostility that had faced him the second he had walked in. Then he realized it was Nia and immediately calmed down. He'd been too focused on Mika being here, plus his magical weapon, that he hadn't even been aware of his surroundings. Strange considering the customers around him would love to stick a sword clean through him.

"Nia?" He managed in exasperation, then he decided to let those two have their own reunion. Give them a minute, since Mateo had already had his chance to get his hugs and questions out of the way. But Nia included him in the discussion after giving Mika a thorough scolding. Though, it was because she was teasing him. "Hey! I-I wasn't like that..." You could tell he was lying just to defend himself. After all, his face grew a pink color as if to say Nia was right. He really had been that worried. "You just left... so.. you were worried too, Nia! I know it!" He deflected the focus onto Nia and teased her as payback.

"Ok, but seriously, did you get one of these too, Nia?" He held up the letter. "Do you know who wrote it?"

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari and Nakano Ran

Rai and Nakano were at a loss for words when the Pegasus escaped the fire trap.It flew up through the upper flames and took no damage at all. Not a single flame stuck to it's body. Nakano stopped her current of flames and looked up at it in awe. The Unholy One ceased to shock them once again. Once he was out of the flames, it began to emit a dark aura that sent chills down Rai's spine. Some blue could also be seen appearing around it's body faintly.

"Rai.." Nakano said shakily. "It didn't work. No matter what we do, it just won't work! We're gonna die!"

"Nakano! Don't talk like that." Rai scolded her. "I'll make sure you get out of this, I promise."

Rai raised his blade again but before he could do anything, he noticed that the to fly higher. It was going to do something. But what? The Unholy One gave him his answer quickly when it dove down and collided with the ground, changing the weather.

"Shit. It's changing the entire place to it's advantage." Rai told himself. Rai steeled himself for what the beast was going to do next. It watched the pair and then charged at them. As it got closer and closer, it began to combust and ended up looking like a flame ball rushing at them. Rai quickly got into a high stance and charged at the Unholy One. Once again, he was going face to face with the beast and Nakano was taking ranged combat. Rai was going to use his own plan.

Rai stopped in place and stood in front of the charging beast.

"Rai! Move now!" Nakano yelled out. But he remained still. His purple eyes flashed white for a second and Nakano then realized what he was doing. He was charging up for an attack. So that meant Nakano needed to follow up.

The Unholy One then stepped into Rai's range and with a flick, one burst of electric waves emitted from his body and rushed at the Pegasus.
Rai's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 56%
Nakano's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 90%

Last edited:
Current Weather: Hellfire (All attacks are doubled in power. The Unholy One takes increased damage from Water based attacks. Cannot be cleared.)
In Battle

The Unholy One's attack was once again stopped. Rai's attack landed with staggering effectiveness too, it was as if the whole world slowed down for the three. The Unholy One reared up, its head was thrown back and it let out a pained whinny. The whole affair was cinematic, the beast staggered back a few steps but wasn't able to fully recover from the attack.

The beast was left in a dazed and confused, unable to counterattack.

Posts until the daze and confusion wears off: 1

The Unholy One (767/1886 (40.6%) Vitality)

Mika the Flaming Spear and Nia of the Storming FistLocation: Westshire Bar

Nia looked at Mateo as he asked who wrote the letter, "I did. I overheard something interesting." She sat down, as did Mika, "I overheard so of my training mates talking about a raven haired woman being seen north of Gentry City, in that big iron fortress overlooking the Whispering Cliffs." She pulled out a map from her bag and opened it. She pointed to Gentry, then north to the approximate location of said Fortress, "The path there is... dangerous. We have to go through the Red Swamp then past the Lost Forest and that dreaded Maze." She looked at Mika and Mateo, "That's what I'm worried about. Even skilled navigators can get lost in there."

Mika looked at Nia as she explained, he was all in if it meant saving Skyla but the Lost Forest and its maze was the real obstacle getting there, that and this raven haired woman might not even BE Skyla... He was clear headed enough to realize that, "So how should we expect to pass the maze? Mateo? Any ideas?" He asked Mateo.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari and Nakano Ran

Another one of Rai's attacks were successful. The Unholy One was stunned for a moment. Now Nakano had to put in some work.

"Nakano!" Rai yelled to her. "Give this thing hell!"
1651893053498.png

Rai didn't have to tell Nakano to attack. She knew exactly what she had to do. Flames weren't working so she was going to switch to another magic type. Wind. Nakano moved her hands in fluid like motion and began to channel wind into a ball in her palms. She did this as quickly as possible so that she could take advantage of the Pegasus's stunned moment. Once she had finished, she put the ball of wind close to her mouth and after a long inhale, she blew her breath onto the ball and it dispersed in front of her, sending out 47 knots of wind force at the beast. This would be more than enough to launch it back and allow Rai to let off some more electric bursts. This time, she was going to pressure the Pegasus into either death or defeat. Whichever one it chooses.
Rai's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 56%

Nakano's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 83%

Mentions: Kumii Kumii

Ok, so the mystery hadn't been such a big deal. He learned Nia had sent it almost instantly. Nia had been successful in finding a clue about Skyla. Though, he kind of felt guilty. Mateo probably had the most experience with searching for clues and answers. Well, as far as he knew. But it still felt like he should've been able to do something more. He knew spots where you could trade for information. Shady place, which you wouldn't suspect him to know, but as a traveler you took what you could get. Yet, Nia was the one who had found their clue. Even if he had been working on building his skills with the types in knew, he could barely fight. He was a healer, not a fighter. Oh, the good that gave him. In a fight, he'd be utterly useless to his companions. And now, he hadn't even been able to help in the search when he knew of places.

Wow, he was sure wallowing in self-pity. Maybe the despair of the legend had gotten to him, sinking him down into that all too familiar dark abyss. Pressure? Yeah, maybe. Maybe he was feeling that, but saving Skyla was more important. If she was even still...

He sat down next to Mika and listened carefully to Nia. He took off his bags to make it look like he was just settling in, but he had really wanted to make Cora comfortable as well. He knew it probably wasn't too comfortable for him inside a swaying satchel. His hiker's backpack slid to the floor, a bag less familiar to the two others, but the satchel was the same as it had been before. Just less cramped after he had removed all his odds and ends from there. It still looked pretty big though. What could he say? He was fitting a whole cat in there, of course it was big! But hopefully Cora could relax more while he was on something solid. He'd allow the cat to come out if they weren't in a place like this, or if these two even knew about Cora. He'd never gotten the chance to talk to Mika and Skyla, to explain himself, his lie, and about Cora. And he didn't even know how Nia felt about spirits. He felt sorry for Cora, but he might be spending a long time in that satchel. If he was going to tell everyone, he needed to gauge Nia and Rai's perceptions of spirits, just to make sure.

Once he had settled that, he really focused in on the conversation. Nia talked about overhearing rumors of a raven-haired woman in a fortress. Yeah, that description sounded like Skyla, but it was super vague. And Skyla didn't strike him as the type to play damsel in distress, not with that huge sword of hers. But it was the only clue any of them had found in six months, so it was understandable Nia was willing to try it. Besides, if she was just sitting in a fortress, that was actually the better situation then being... uh... not moving. Mateo liked to put it that way rather than thinking of the actual word. For someone reason, it made it a softer blow to his heart.

Get to a fortress, sounds easy. He was used to travel. That sounded like the easiest part to him. Fight through maybe a hoard of baddies keeping even Skyla locked away? He was going to die. By the gods, he was traveling healer! He didn't know how to fight. Between the two of them, Cora was the more competent one in a fight. And he was a prissy little cat. Sure, he was cold blooded, but he also had the whole entitlement act that came with being born even remotely a little rich. Mateo felt like he should be the one good in a fight, and the fact that Cora was better was kind of insulting. He loved Cora, but still.

That was what worried him, the fighting. Treacherous, life endangering path? He was all for it! He was a traveler, and by extension a navigator. That sounded like the easiest thing in the world to him. "Well, if you need a skilled navigator that won't get lost, then I'm your guy!" He proudly bellowed after Mika asked him for ideas. Cora just sighed in his satchel, making the bag move a little. He hunched over to pull some things out of his hiker's bag. Maps. He opened the scrolls up but they kept folding back up. He grunted and then found a couple glasses and mugs to hold them in place. "Behold! My glorious maps!" He smiled and you could tell he was incredibly proud. "I've got dozens of routes marked out. Secrets of hidden places uncovered." He pointed to a mountainside. "Like there's an abandoned mineshaft down there! I heard from some merchant that there was some kind of explosion down there when they were trying to mine for ore. Don't know if it was magic induced or not but they ordered it evacuated. Then, to top it off, there was this freak rockslide." He pointed to a section of boulders. "See? They don't even mark it on maps anymore but guess who makes his own. This guy!" He made thumbs up with his hands and pointed them inwards at himself. "People think it's this oh so scary place, but its really not. Cor- I mean, a core section of the boulders was removed. A-Another freak accident I guess. Frozen solid and a few just shattered with a tap of my staff. Made an entrance all by myself and I was in..." He coughed like he had something lodged in his throat. That was super close. He almost spilled about Cora. "Guess winters are really rough in that area." They weren't. That had been Cora's doing. Encased them in ice with his powers and then Mateo had gave them a pretty hard tap. At least he hadn't been lying about the second part.

He then realized that he was nerding out and they probably didn't care. "Sorry! The point is it makes a pretty good short cut. Not as dangerous as climbing a mountainside. The mineshaft goes all the way through. And the point of that was that I've got plenty of short cuts. You can look at all my maps and see if one works." His face was blushing red and he fiddled with his fingers. It was the little things that excited him.

"And, to the point of the maze, there are dozens of different methods we could try." He thought going onto something else could help him with the embarrassment. "Every maze has an end, and you just need to get to it. One trick is putting your right hand on the right wall and following it all the way through. That is, if its simply connected. If its a disjoint maze, then we might be screwed. Though, it can still help us figure out its a disjoint maze and then we can try other methods from there. And I've got you on that front. I know a few. Like we can mark the walls somehow to know which ways we came." He scratched his head, knowing it was a lot. He had some weird knowledge from being a traveler.

In Battle

The barrage and gust seemed to do a good bit of damage. The gust didn't send the beast as far as they probably would've liked but it was enough throw it off its balance. It recovered though and started to emanate a dark aura as it began to form darkflame firebolts that it then shot at the pair. They went crazy all over the place and erupted in tiny darkflame vortexes that lasted only a second.

The beast could continue fighting but was becoming exhausted by the second.

!!! Desperation Move incoming !!!
The Unholy One (345/1886 (18.2%) Vitality)

Nia and Mika both shrugged, "I mean, it worth a shot, I guess." Nia said, "But it wont be that easy, like I said, if the legends are true even you wont be able to navigate it that well."

Mika was in a thinking man's pose, "We should wait for Rai since i'm assuming you sent him a letter too, Nia?" To which she nodded her head, "I did but... where is he right now?"

Last edited:
Mateo shrugged it off like he didn't think it was a big deal. "Trust me. When you've traveled all your life, you learn a thing or two." He was completely confident in his ability to navigate a maze. It was just a bunch of twists and turns, nothing life threatening. Even if there was a legend about the place. Whatever legend it was, it was probably true. He'd learned firsthand that legends weren't just make believe. Still, he was sure he'd be able to navigate it. He could navigate it even if he was being pelted with fire balls from all sides. That's how confident he was. Still, he hoped that he wouldn't be pelted with fireballs. Please let this legend not be about the maze pelting you with fireballs! "Navigation and travel are my specialty. It'll be easy, trust me." He was probably way too overconfident.

Then Mika started saying something, saying they should wait for Rai. Mateo assumed that's what they were gonna do, so he fixated instead on the use of the word 'we'. Did that mean Mika was staying with them? That was great! A soft smile danced on the teen's lips.

Nia responded with saying she did send him a letter. He'd figured whoever had sent it was addressing all three of them, Nia, Rai, and him. So, it wasn't surprising that he had received one. Still, where was he indeed. "Maybe he got lost? No offense to him, but he seemed like he didn't leave Ironshire a lot by accounts of how famous he was. Maybe he's still coming over to Westshire. It is a bit of a distance from Ironshire. I got here super-fast because I'm just used to travel. Maybe he's not. Or maybe he just got tied down by something. He's a samurai, right? He's gotta be with that collection of katanas. So, it's possible he's not lost and just busy fighting someone. Who knows." He shrugged. "But we could go looking for him. But that might be wasting time. We don't know where exactly he is and it might send us out of our way. Y'know, delay progress. And we might miss each other too, Rai coming here because of the letter and who knows where we'll be. On the other hand, we could stay here and wait for him. That'd be wasting time too, just sitting here." Mateo sighed. He was pretty chatty today. Maybe because he'd been traveling with only Cora for six months now. The bakeneko that needed to hide whenever they got into mortal towns or cities. Traveling with a bigger group would be good for him.

Nia nodded, "Maybe you're right." Nia let out a sigh, "Truthfully, I haven't seen Rai since that day 6 months ago. I suppose it was to be expected, after that we all just kinda went our own way. I left to train more with the Monks in the East."

A distant roar could be heard, it sounded like a dragon. The wonder wouldn't last long as it would indeed confirm it was a dragon flying above. A lightning dragon to be specific, would could be identified by its wing webbing jumping with sparks of lightning. Nia and Mika looked at the dragon, "Huh, cool. A dragon. Don't see many of them nowadays." Mika pointed out. The dragon was friendly enough, as are most dragons. They tended not pick fights for the most part unless provoked.

The closer this dragon got, they would notice it was flying funny and was flying, rather crashing, directly at the bar. Mika realized this quickly, "Run. Now. It's not flying, it's falling." Mika and Nia both ran away from the crash impact zone, "Come on, Mateo!" Nia shouted.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Rai Ikari and Nakano Ran

"We should wait for Rai since i'm assuming you sent him a letter too, Nia?" To which she nodded her head, "I did but... where is he right now?"

Oh, I don't know. Fighting an extremely powerful beast with his friend?

Nakano's wind attack worked a bit but at the same time wasn't too useful. It only sent the Unholy One back a few feet. Another attack doing less damage than hoped for. Shit. But the Unholy One looked like it was beginning to exhaust. If Rai and Nakano could get it completely fatigued, they'd be able to finish it off. But that would have to be thought about later.

The Pegasus's next move was erratic and had much range. It emitted dark firebolts that shot everywhere, leaving Rai and Nakano with very little room to dodge. Nakano was struck by one of them on her shoulder and that part of her shirt erupted in flames. Nakano screamed in pain and violently patted the flames down, which was a bad decision because she ended up burning her hand.

The remaining bolts exploded and from them came little dark vortexes that, didn't really last long enough to get to them.

"Nakano! Let's stick with this strategy!" Rai yelled out. Staying true to his word, Rai charged up again and sent two more electric shockwaves at the Unholy One. Nakano just had to follow up with an even stronger gust of wind this time. Rai looked over at Nakano to see that the plan might not be able to go as planned. She was on fire. She screamed in pain and fell to the floor, her arm and a small part of her side caught on fire.

"Shit!" Rai yelled out. He looked at the Pegasus and let out one more shockwave before running over to Nakano. He took off his haori and wrapped it around the flames, successfully dousing them. When he took the haori off of her, he was stunned to see that her entire right arm was scorched and covered in burns. And to top it off, she was unconscious. She fainted from shock. Rai grimaced in agony. Nakano was injured and he'd have to continue the battle himself.

He picked up Nakano and placed her behind a tree far away from the beast and he felt dread as he looked at her arm once more. She'd never get it back. And she'd probably never be able to fight. Shit. And to think this all started with them going out to eat. They should've just stayed at the palace. He felt anger towards himself and the Unholy One, but in this moment, he channeled it all towards his current foe.

Rai took Nakano's dagger from her pockets and picked up his two katanas. Rai place the dagger between his teeth and held one katana in each hand. His haori was still wrapped around Nakano so he walked over to the Pegasus shirtless. This reminded him of the tournament where he fought Victor. He had a kunai in his mouth and a katana in his hand. That was also the day when Skyla went missing.

Now he was in another situation where something happened to someone close to him because he got careless. He should've been prepared to walk through the forest with Nakano and at the tournament he should've dealt with Victor quickly so that he could've protected Skyla in the medical ward. It's always his fault in some sort of way. But the difference between the tournament and now was that the thing who hurt the Nakano was going to die. He'd make sure of it.

Rai let out a muffled war cry with the dagger gritted between his teeth and charged at the Unholy One with lightning coursing around him and adrenaline in his veins. This was it. Another chance. Rai's redemption.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZORO- I mean, RAI TAKES MATTERS INTO HIS OWN HAND
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rai's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 42%

Nakano's Condition: 22% CRITICAL CONDITION
Nakano's Remaining Magic before Fatigue: 83%

Mentions: Kumii Kumii

Last edited:

Rai charged at the beast, a look of resolve on his face. The Unholy One returned the look, its hot breath causing mist to be exhaled with every breath. It started to gallop at Rai, darkness trailing behind it. A few moments before they cashed, Rai jumped into air like Thor from Infinity War and did a downward slash charged with electricity at the beast. Rai swiftly moved into upward slash with the other katana, charged with electricity then vaulting himself away by kicking the beasts snout.

The Unholy One fell to the ground, defeated. Rai had to be sure though, he walked up to the beast and finished it off with a charged katana stab to its head that caused to lightning to strike at that specific area. Rai pulled his katana out, the beast was successfully defeated.

It was a long, hard fought battle and Rai had won. With tht final strike, the beast started to turn into ash and, as it did, a pendant floated down and landed in Rai's palm. It was a Black Pegasus Feather, an ancient Relic of the unique Black Pegasus. A feather said to grant the wearer use of a special Blackflame Firebolt spell. The very same one that it used just moments before its death.

Rai received the 'Black Pegasus Feather Pendant'!
Black Pegasus Feather Pendant - Grants wearer use of 'Blackflame Firebolt'. Unique item. Cannot be traded.
Blackflame Firebolt - A firebolt made of black flames that causes a small, momentary blackflame vortex to appear on area of impact. Is a Dark type ability. Unaffected by fire manipulation.

Yeah, they did split ways. It'd been to search for the other two, but it had been completely unexpected. His original plan had been to stay in Ironshire, learn a new type from that academy that was mentioned. And hang around the group, getting to know them better and sharing some time as friends. But he'd never expected that tournament to end the way it did. As Nia went to train with the monks, Rai going to do whatever he did as a bounty hunter, he moved around looking for clues like he always had. Things went back the same old, and he hated that. At least his nature magic had gotten stronger. Maybe he could count on that new skill if they had to battle anything. But he kind of wished they would've stayed as a group. It was selfish, considering Mika might not have gotten his lance and Nia wouldn't have found her clue, but he didn't want to be alone anymore. He wanted a group of people who could accept him, like Cora had accepted him when they first made their promise.

Mateo was broken out of his thoughts when Mika said something. A dragon? He looked up as another roar came. He saw the lightning flitting from its webbing and was instantly hooked. So cool! He always thought creatures like those were amazing, with their born abilities to control magic. Mortals had to train at it, unlock their powers. But they just had it from birth. It was so interesting and cool, but you didn't see many dragons in the desert. Well, you didn't see many dragons anywhere really.

"I think that's because they get hunted down a lot. Poachers love them. It's like payday when they get a dragon. Stupid black-market stuff." He sounded angry when he talked about the black market, like he had some experience with the people who produced those shady dealings. "It's a real shame some people are like that. Dragons are amazing. Shouldn't be hunted by anyone." He started absentmindedly rolling up scrolls as if the conversation had made him lose a big appetite. People that hunted magic creatures just made him sick.

He looked up when Mika talked frantically about it falling. He looked out and noticed the funny flying. Then, he started getting frantic, rolling up all his scrolls as fast as he could. The blood rushed in his ears. Adrenaline? Or maybe it was... that. He couldn't tell. He faintly heard Nia's shout and went to call back. "I have to get my maps!" He stuffed some in his bag and kept a few in hand as it took too long. Cora peaked out of the bag, likely coming out to run, but he grabbed it too quickly for him to make his way out. Then he started racing out, but it was too late. He was being shoved by people rushing out, and the dragon was coming down fast. So fast that he could hear the crackle of lightning as the dragon crashed into the bar. Wood cracked, dust began to stir, and he felt a pain shoot up is leg.

Too late Mateo realized what had happened. He fell, his hiker's backpack falling to the side, the scrolls in his hand scattered outside on the ground, and Cora's satchel went flying and hit the ground hard with the cat inside slightly dazed from the impact. Mateo tried to move, but instantly felt the pain in his leg. He looked back. Both legs were stuck under the rubble of the destroyed bar, his upper body outside struggling, and a dragon laid above him with that crack of lightning. He was in shock by everything, unsure of what to do. His left leg felt ok for what had happened, mostly intact besides for maybe a few splinters. But his right... boy that felt bad. A beam had hit it going down, which had made him crash to the floor. Patches of red danced in his line of sight, maybe because of him being lightheaded. He could also see red. Little veins of it traced the rubble. Was it his, or the dragons? He could feel liquid underneath his right leg. Oh gods... his. He started to feel panicked, pulling and clawing at the dirt, but he only succeeded in making it worse for himself. He groaned and realized he could feel his leg shifting. A new material. Sticky black and mud like in appearance dripped from his leg. Great, why now? Well, it was just beginning. His leg hadn't turned, it was only producing it from the wound in a mix of sludge and blood. Ok, that was better. His leg remained a human leg, with a sort of tan skin color wrapped around it. Things could be a lot worse for him right now, so he was thankful for that fact.

While Mateo struggled under the weight of the rubble, the dragon heaved while it was on top and chaos ensued. People cried and shouted. All the while, Mateo was fighting with the rubble and thinking, 'ANOTHER BAR?! HOW THE HELL-' Yeah, he was panicking. And in shock.

People were rebounding from the situation. Some of the bar patrons readied weapons, seeing the fall as a deliberate attack from the dragon, including Mateo's old pal. Muscular Guy, or Einar as the elf bar tender had referred to him. He'd pushed past Mateo to get out of range. A few splinters had caught in his beard, but he looked in better shape than some of the others around them. "Well, well, well. Didn't even have to go searching for another one of these beasts." He murmured with contempt.

Suddenly, a scrawny looking kid burst through, coming from the direction the dragon had been sailing. He panted and put his hands on his knees to catch his breath. He looked distraught as he gazed at the downed dragon, and by extension the destruction it had caused. "Aleph, my boy!" Einar said as his attention had turned to the kid. "Perfect timing! This one should be easy enough for you to handle after last week's disaster. I can show you all their weak points and we don't even have to deal with a wriggly one. Come now, while its still down." The kid, Aleph, moved forward with a pained expression. His father wanted him to slice up a dragon, seemed he did it a lot, but the boy was hesitant. Maybe, maybe he didn't even want to. But his father handed him the axe, which he couldn't even hold. The kid looked like no son of Einar. He was less than half the guy's size, both Einar and the axe bigger than him. Not Muscular at all. Weak arms that would never be able to hold such a large weapon. While Einar looked pleased with the developments, Aleph's look pleaded with the dragon to just get up and fly away. His hands shook as he dragged the axe, which slowed down their progress to the base of the rubble. Why did his father have to be a dragon hunter? Aleph liked dragons, so why? Rotten luck.

Nia was knocked back by the shockwave of the impact but Mika caught her, "You okay, Nia?" She nodded, stunned if anything but okay. Mika looked at the dragon. So beautiful, he saw Mateo closer to the dragon but no way to get to him. It was also around this time that Mika noticed the dragon was injured.

The dragon got up and took up a defensive stance upon seeing Einar, Mika saw Einar too, "Hey! Wai-" Then the dragon spoke, "Zu'u dreh ni hind wah krif hi..." It spoke in an ancient tongue, "Nok tum hin zun..." Its voice was a rumbling, deep voice. Only one type of dragon could speak. The Elder Dragon.

They were dealing with a much stronger dragon then they expected. Mika and nia both looked surprised, "It.. spoke..?" Mika realized something, "Mateo! Are you okay?!" Mika shouted at Mateo.

Einar wasn't listening to anyone. He didn't care about Mika, and he barely even registered that Mika had spoken. All he cared about was the dragon and training his son to get his first kill. "Haha, a speaking dragon?" Einar bellowed. "Thought you beasts were all just destructive brutes. But looks like we have one with intelligence. Perfect first kill for you, ey boy?"

Aleph gulped, "Yeah, p-perfect." You could tell just by looking at him that he wasn't into this, but Einar was forcing him. "But maybe this one's too strong. And look, its standing. I-I can't take it." He said through a shaky Irish accent that both him and Einar carried.

"Nonsense Aleph. Besides, first step is trapping the beast. You'll learn these skills as you progress in training." Then, Aleph began chanting words and for once his voice was a whisper. From four spots around the rubble, the dirt churned. As Einar chanted, four chains popped out of the dirt, one out of each spot. They curled like snakes and rounded themselves around the elder dragon to hold it down. They glowed a purple color, so you could tell they weren't ordinary chains. Pure dark magic. "See, boy? Now you just have to avoid its teeth and claws to get the fatal shot in."

"Oh, great." Sarcasm at its finest. Aleph did not think that was great.

They started their advance again, Aleph slowing them down as much as they could so the dragon had a chance to escape. 'C'mon. Just leave already.' Aleph begged in his mind.

Mateo's head whirled. He couldn't comprehend what was happening with the elder dragon, the dragon hunter and his son. All he knew was that his leg hurt like hell. Mika was the only one out of the three of them that seemed remotely ok. Nia was stunned and Mateo was trapped. At least, he was well enough to yell over to Mateo who could barely even hear him. Mateo's ears were popping from the crash which stunned him. But the general message had gotten across.

Mateo shook his head, which was the only thing he had the energy to do. He forced himself to speak. "N-no." He said in a regular voice. He was unsure of if Mika could hear him, but that was all he could manage. "My leg-" He gasped as the weight of the dragon shifted some of the rubble and a sharp pang shot up his leg. "Can't move it. C-can't get out. H-hurts. Think it might be.. b-broken." He gave a visible shudder. "Do I honestly look ok to you?" He managed to get out a dry joke even with the pain of his leg and the threat of that happening.

The satchel shift and cat ears popped out. Then, a muzzle. Finally, Cora's head poked out of the flap. He shifted a bit and eventually got the button undone to get himself out. He gave a small sneeze and a shake of his fur. "Mateo, you really need to get your priorities rechecked." He muttered to the boy he thought was beside him. He waited for a reply, but there was none that matched Mateo's voice. "Mateo?" The cat shifted, now worried. He was aware of how much trouble Mateo could squeeze his way into. And, sure enough, he caught sight of Mateo in the rubble. His fur bristled at the sight, his claws unsheathing from the sight. He wanted to kill Mateo sometimes, just because of how much worry the teen gave him. He was the younger one, and yet he had to worry about Mateo like he was a little baby.

Cora's anger was more out of worry. He was afraid Mateo was dead, but he caught sight of him struggling and talking, so at least the boy was alive. Cora started making his way over, but there were people getting in his way and he hissed at them, trying to get them to move. One guy just kicked him, thinking he was some random annoying cat. It made getting to Mateo harder and besides, he didn't even know how he was getting to Mateo with the spill of rubble and dragon next to him. He could tell the thing was a powerful creature, even without the knowledge of it speaking.

Current Weather: Heavy Overcast

The dragon took an offensive position and raised itself high and the chains snapped. The elder dragon really was on a different level, "Hi mey!" The dragon shouted as it began to shake its whole body, the clear tone of its voice indicated it was aggravated. Soon as it did this, red lightning struck all around it and everyone around, "Zu'u laan kos fahdon ahrk tinvaak voth hi, nuz hi hind nunon wah krif!" the dragon shouted, the dragon shot a red lightning beam from its mouth in the direction of Einar and his son. It was full offense mode, the full power of an Elder Dragon coming down to bear on the pair. The skies starting to very dark as the dragon shot its lightning, it looked like it was about to downpour.

Mika reacted quickly and threw up a flame barrier to protect Nia and himself from the dragons red lightning. It still blocked their path to Mateo but they tried to make their way to him. Mika went slowly, avoiding the dragon's footsteps as they advanced to Mateo, "Hang on, Mateo! I'm coming!" Mika shouted as they advanced slowly.

Aleph looked panicked as the chains snapped. The dragon boomed out words that he couldn't understand. Red lightning struck around them, disturbing both parts of the rubble and dirt. "Father-" Aleph was cut off as the dragon bellowed once more. More things he couldn't understand. The boy couldn't speak dragon, or whatever language that was.

Then, he watched as a red beam of lighting was shot at them. Aleph was a kid; he didn't know what to do. He shouldn't even be in this situation. He just stood there, shocked. Meanwhile, his father took action. He chanted more words and dark magic tendrils shot out of his hand. They arced to absorb parts of the blast. They were too small to absorb everything though. The blast was far too big. Einar then took to making the tendrils latch together into a shield. When the blast finally hit, it looked like a net. It hadn't been completed in time. Even if it had, there was no guarantee it would fully absorb a blast coming from such a powerful creature. Red lightning shuddered through the gaps and struck Einar. It tore through the flesh on his face, giving him a deep and nasty wound that cut diagonally through his face. Even if they could get it wrapped up quickly, it was definitely going to scar. Red gushed down from Einar's face. Meanwhile, Aleph felt numb all over. The two had been sent back in a shock wave from the blast.

Aleph didn't even realize. The pain was so intense that his brain couldn't even process it was there. Rain poured down around him, making the ground he was laying on turn to mud. His eyes fluttered open. His mind was numb, and he could barely hear, the blast of red lightning having put his hearing out of commission for the time being. He shifted his limbs, but nothing wanted to move. He looked around while on the ground. His father's axe laid there; the blade embedded into the mud. The shine of the weapon made him reflect in it. It could she the scratches of won battles. Numerous dragons torn down by that huge axe. Worst of all, he saw himself in it. He saw his future in the present. A future of pain and hardship should he follow his father's ways. All he had wanted to do... was meet a dragon and befriend it. Now, he was covered in mud, a limb lying just ahead of him. He'd taken the largest amount of the impact due to holding the axe. Metal was conductive. It had attracted it to seep through the holes in the barrier and come down on him, ripping away his arm. The full force of an elder dragon... had taken away his arm.

Einar was also stunned, but less damage had gone to him. He whipped away the blood from his face, but more came from it. "Damn.." He murmured as the giant of a man got up. He'd thought this was some ordinary dragon. He fought them all the time. But this was more than he had ever faced. A talking dragon, capable of red lightning beams. Damn was right indeed.

His son was no longer standing next to him. "Aleph!" He shouted. "Aleph stop being a coward and come to me. Al-leph" He caught sight of his son lying the mud, his arm laying a little way away. He stood there for a second, the anger and rage beginning to fester inside of him. He'd never thought anything of Aleph. The boy was never strong, nor brave. "Father, why do we have to kill the dragons?" The boy had once asked him. Einar had told him they were beasts and a lot of people wanted their hides and scales, their teeth and claws. It was a good business. As a boy, Einar was told stories of dragons causing destruction, but didn't think they were strong beasts. He could take one bare handed, that's what he thought. Now, he knew the pain of the destruction dragons caused. He wanted this one dead. For the son he thought he knew. But in reality, he hadn't known Aleph at all. Slaying this dragon would only serve to further the rift that was growing between them. It was Einar that had caused this, not the elder dragon. But Einar would never admit his wrongdoings.

"You bastard!" Einar bellowed. He marched over to the axe, not even checking his son's vitals. He was consumed by the rage he felt. He was drenched head to toe, his hair and beard sticking to his head. He grabbed the hilt of the axe, pulling it out of the ground like it was nothing. He swung it a couple of times, shouting out his magic chants. The swinging got faster and faster and he launched the axe straight into the air towards the elder dragon. You wouldn't expect such a big weapon to fly, but it did. To top it off, it was infused with dark magic, the blade glowed in a purple aura, meaning it would deal more damage on impact.

Red lighting shot in front of Mateo, an excess wave of the blast. Luckily, it didn't hit him. Mika shouted to hang out and that he was coming. "Yeah, sure..." He said while huffing. He wasn't used to feeling pain, considering he could just use his magic to heal him up, and he especially wasn't used to this much pain. Let's just say his pain tolerance was really low. He was really hoping those two would get to him soon. Especially with what could end up happening. Another shudder went through his body as he thought of that.

Meanwhile, Cora was trying to make his way over, but he didn't know if being small helped him or hurt his progress. Sure, he had an easy time avoiding the lightning, but he couldn't push his way past big obstacles. Maybe turning into his human form would better help him get to Mateo. Well, its not like the two mortals were having any better luck than he was.

Current Weather: Heavy Overcast

The dragon snaked around the flying axe and watched as it just whizzed by its head. It turned its head to Einar. It slammed its bottom jaw into the mud then opened its mouth and charged toward Einar with an open mouth.

Mika instinctively hugged Nia when the lightning struck again, "Damn it. Come on, Nia, slowly now." Nia proceeded with Mika slowly. Mateo was in sight and close enough, Mika took Nia and made a bolt for it towards Mateo. Once they arrived, Mika knelt down next to Mateo, "How you doing, kid? You doing-" Mika looked at his leg, 'eugh' was the first thing Mika thought, "Uh... you can't work your healer finesse on your leg or does it not work that way?" He asked.

Damn. How fast was this thing? It was huge and yet could move super-fast. He thought it being big would help his chances. After all, bigger targets were easier to hit. But that didn't seem to be the case with this thing. Then it dropped to the mud and stuck its jaw in, then started charging at him with an open mouth. And boy, that looked dumb. He gave a hearty laugh as it charged. Then, the murderous gleam was back in his eyes. Without his axe, he was made to use his magic. Chanting once more, the dark tendrils shot out of his hand. He got some small hits in, because it seemed as if the dragon wasn't stopping until it had him in its mouth. Then, he refocused the tendrils at the last second. They sunk into the mud on one side, then went up on the other and around the muzzle. Another few rounds, and he made the tendrils go taut, completing the makeshift muzzle. He stepped to the side and held his hands together then brought them up above his head. "Don't you ever come near my son again, you bastard!" He bellowed out before slamming his hands down onto the muzzle of the dragon. He was physically extremely strong for a mortal. It'd be a heavy blow and the impact was even audible as the dragon's head sunk into the mud. Einar could thank his years of experience in dragon training and body building. Those muscles did serve a purpose after all. He made sure the tendrils were tight enough to leave a mark. If he had his axe, he could do more damage, but alas.

Cora saw Mateo's two mortal 'friends' (seriously, what was he thinking with these two?), and bolted after them as they ran towards Mateo. He figured his best bet to get to him was through them. They created the opening he needed. Besides, if the dragon decided he wanted a snack, the mortals were bigger than him so the dragon would see them first. He had two human shields. Besides, Mateo knew him better than them. Cora was sure Mateo would want him safe over them. So, a cat could be seen racing along with them. Those who thought he was some ordinary cat would probably be confused. Better that way.

Mateo looked relieved as he saw Mika kneel next to him. He'd made it. A relieved smile came to him. He felt better, now that he wasn't on his own. He asked how he was doing. Not good. Physically? Not good.

Mateo was slightly worried about Mika seeing his leg. The black sludge was still there, mixed with blood. Even if it had stopped coming, the stuff that had already come out would be there. It would be hard to explain it, and Mateo really didn't want to. Cora had accepted him, but there was no telling if these guys would. His story was far worse than being a spirit.

"I-I can. There isn't a limit on... who I can use it on. Even myself. But..." He looked and noticed Cora. A slight conversation conversed between them in a second. Mateo was worried about Cora, but Cora nodded as in to say 'worry about yourself, dumbass! I'll be fine.' So, Mateo continued, but he was still worried in the back of his mind. "But I don't know if I can right now. Yes, there is magic fatigue. But... my healing magic works differently. It kind of... saps away some of my own energy... to heal a wound. Or speed up the healing process... whichever way you'd like to put it." He tried to speed up the explanation. "Pretty much, if my energy is low, I won't be able to do it. Or I can only do it a little bit. Right now... I'm not sure. I'-I'm not really in fighting shape so..." He didn't have to say it. He'd probably be dealing with a broken leg until he could rest. "I-I can try.. though."

There was also another worry that he didn't voice, mostly because then he'd have to explain. The sludge. It'd be causing his energy to wane and might block his magic from working. Its happened before. He hated it, but it was there to cause issue for him. That was the whole point of it. It seemed to be stopping though. When Mika, Nia, and Cora came, the sludge progressed out of the wound much less than it had before. A little bit was left, mixing with the blood as it came out.

He tried sitting up, but it was a real pain and he needed support from the other two. His hand shakily moved pieces of rubble and debris away. He did some slow breathing and then hovered a hand above the wound. As usual, it glowed a light green which told you his healing magic was activated. He groaned a bit as he forced it to heal. It was also just painful altogether. The wound wasn't closing up, so he wasn't able to feel that numbness that usually came with his touch. "C'mon..." He murmured. The sludge stopped first, becoming only blood. Then, the blood began becoming a weaker flow until it was gone completely. A numbness tingled at the edges of the open wound, but he couldn't. He fell backwards, panting out breaths with beads of sweat having formed on his forehead. Cora went forward and brushed his head along Mateo's side to offer his support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back