• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
  • SkylaLocation: Streets of Ironshire
    Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark
    Current Weather: Clear
    Current Time: August 27th, 1337. 8:30am

Skyla glanced at Rai as he whispered to her and she whispered back, "If I knew, I'd tell you." Skyla shrugged at Rai, with Mateo speaking up, "This woman?" She pointed at Lola, "I don't think that she's a Desert Strider... maybe that mysterious woman I glimpsed leave earlier as she handed the letter."

Skyla had to think on this more. Who knew? That maid lady? That odd-looking person to snuck out earlier? What did they know? She didn't know anything and it began bothering her...

Mood: Serious
Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Bridge to Iron Fortress
"The hell is a Desert Strider?" Rai questioned. He didn't know much of the geography of the nations, in fact, he hadn't been out of Ironshire in a while.

"Is that some sort of gang? Doesn't ring a bell for me." Rai scratched his head as he looked between his two friends for an answer. He didn't want to sound stupid, but he was genuinely confused about the matter at hand. He did hear something about it when the Knights had appeared before, but Rai was too exhausted at that time to even comprehend the situation.

Mateo sounded pretty impressed by the possibility, even calling it "cool" as he began to walk out the front door. Rai followed after him, deciding that they'd talk on the way to their destination.

Kumii Kumii AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
Code by Serobliss

Mood: Shocked
Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire
"My Volt Glove?" Castro gasped, surprised to see Rori wearing it. When he was just about to ask when she had taken it, Rori diverted her attention to the Shugoshas and Kumii, explaining herself about attacking Kumii's family member. She said that she was just defending herself, and even attemptedto make a deal with Kumii, pleading that he doesn't kill her.

Kumii's reaction though was...rageful. He wasn't just going to let Rori off the hook because she had apologized to him. He started off with calling her a ferret, which Castro immediately knew was most likely not going to sit well with her.

"Ignore him, Rori." Castro desperately whispered too her. "Don't say anything brash to this guy."

Kumii then confessed that he was a demon, which sparked confusion in Castro and the Shugoshas the same. Demon wasn't a term any of them had heard before, unless they were referring to Heath. Kumii explained that demons are known for holding grudges against people who hurt their families. He didn't care who was at fault, he was going to battle Rori someday.

Kaminari took a few steps close to Akuhei and began to speak to him in Japanese. (Brackets[] = Japanese]

"[Demon, he says? I've never heard of anything of that matter.]"

"[Likewise, brother.]" Akuhei responded back in their native language. "[Should we be worried about that? Just bringing a so called 'demon' into our territory?]"

"[Hmm. Not like it'd matter anyways. He already agreed not to try anything.]"

"[How are you so sure we can trust him? He could attempt something at any given moment.]"

"[Has the Seiryoku Empire ever failed to protect Heath from someone with fatal intentions?]" Kaminari snapped at his younger brother.

Akuhei was speechless. He knew that Kaminari was right, and that it was no use saying anything else.

Kumii explained that since he was a demon, and one of the best at that, he'd easily be able to track her down with his strong sense of smell. So there really wasn't any way of avoiding confrontation for Rori. Sure, Castro knew that Rori was strong, but this man..he gave off another level of power, without even using it.

Kumii finished off his angry rant, acknowledging Rori as a enemy before telling the Shugoshas to lead the way.

Kaminari nodded at the comment before turning to Akuhei, signaling that he lead the way. You would've expected him to just walk out thr door, but instead Akuhei took off running at high speeds, being out of few in seconds.

"Would you like to get on my back?" Kaminari offered to Kumii. "We must get there as quickly as possible, so walking is not an option." Kaminari already had Kuragiri wrapped around his shoulder, but he could certainly carry two people at a time.

Mood: Annoyed
Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire
Aughhh

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
    Current Time: August 27th, 1337. 8:30am

Skyla heard Rai ask who Desert Striders were, "Ah... I forget, you're not from where we were." Skyla shook her head at Rai's 'gang' comment, "No, nothing like that. It's just a term used to describe those who live in the Seramine Desert. Eventually, it just became a universal thing, I guess."

Skyla explained further, "We had to keep on the move to not be swallowed up by the Shifting Dunes but it wasn't always like that. There were havens. Like the Desert Nation palace."

• Mateo shook his head as Skyla pointed towards Lola. "Not her. I meant who she was talking about. The lady in desert gear. She's gotta be a Desert Strider for sure. I mean, if she was wearing desert gear and all."

He stopped in the street, trying to find a route through the city and to the open road. This city was massive. He knew Luminosa was a city similar to Ironshire, big and beautiful, but if it was this hard to get around the place then they may never figure out how to break his curse. Plus, it was the most dangerous place for a Cabrera to be. There would be so many Lucero descendants there, and no one in that city liked the people of the curse. He was kind of afraid of another angry mob on his tail.

Mateo picked a direction and walked, finding familiar landmarks that he'd sketched on his Ironshire map. Rai had asked what a Desert Strider was, but they'd already went over it. Skyla gave an explanation and then he chimed in. "I've told you before." He remarked. "We were talking about something in the fortress, I can't remember what, and then I brought up about the Desert Striders and how they're people that lived in the desert. And then Mika... said..."

He trailed off, feeling saddened by bringing up Mika. Cora rubbed against him, trying to give some support. He berated himself in his head and then went on. "I got really excited when he said you were from the desert, Skyla. He knew you well."

Mateo snapped back to Rai. "Anyone who lives in the desert could be classified as a Desert Strider. I grew up there before I started traveling, so I'm a Desert Strider. It's like how you'd be called.. uh." He scratched his head, not really knowing how to put it. "An Ironshiran? Ironshirish? Iron- ok I really don't know. That's so confusing." He scratched the back of his head, almost feeling as if he was getting a migraine just thinking about it. "Better example. Like how people from Luminosa are called Luminosans."

The teen was feeling satisfied with his explanation, but just then Skyla bumped into some people and got knocked off her feet. The man she bumped into fell to the ground as well. The woman with Ashe helped him up. Skyla and Ashe both started apologizing to each other, and Ashe helped her up. Mateo stayed close to his teammates, a little worried about these two and slightly more jumpy than usual. Nothing that would cause a transformation, just his usual anxiety. For one thing, Cora sat on his shoulder. His Bakeneko friend was usually hidden in his satchel, with less chance of getting caught as a spirit. It wasn't full proof, since people could still detect his spirit scent, but it was better than him being out in the open. But now Cora was out, and you could tell the spirit scent was his and not Mateo's. Mateo usually tried to act like he was the spirit for Cora's sake, but now he wouldn't be able to do that.

Two, he just told the other two of the curse. He didn't know why but that was making him worry more than usual. He was on edge you could say.

He gave a small smile and wave to Justine as she looked at him. Cora narrowed his eyes at her, flicking his tail impatiently. Ashe remarked about how they were an odd bunch. He looked at the others. Really? Well, maybe he and Rai looked strange, both of them having animals perched on their shoulders. And then Skyla's tips were like, on fire or something. Ok, maybe they were a little bit odd.

Mateo shook his head. "We're adventurers!" He said with child-like enthusiasm. "Who are you guys? Do you live around here? Or are you travelers like us?"

• Justine & Ashe YutaniLocation: Streets of Ironshire
    Current Time: August 27th, 1337. 8:31am

Ashe tilted his head when Mateo mentioned they were adventurers but Justine chimed in at this time, "Ahaha! I am Justine Yutani and this is my older brother Ashe! Of course we live here, we would not be here if we did not!" Ashe waved his hands at Mateo in a 'wait wait wait' manner, "Wait, now hold on just a moment. She did NOT mean it like that!" Ashe seemed a little flustered by Justine suddenly saying something like that, "Don't get ahead of yourself, Coco." He turned to Justine and put his hands on her shoulders, pulling her away and looked at her. She tilted her head at Ashe, "Was it something I have said? I simply told them our names and that we lived here." Ashe nodded, still holding on to her shoulder, "Yes, you did... but you said it in a rather... rude manner..."

Justine put her hands over her mouth in surprise when Ashe explained her actions to her, "Oh geez, did I? I did not mean to..." Ashe let go of her and sighed, "I know, Coco, but they don't know that." Justine walked up to them and bowed in apology, "I am sorry! I did not mean to say it like that. I was merely trying to introduce my brother and I. Please, accept my apology." Ashe face-palmed in the background.

Last edited:
Mood: Serious
Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Bridge to Iron Fortress
"I was pretty exhausted back at the fortress." Rai responded to Mateo "I'd be surprised myself if I had processed any of that."

Mateo and Skyla had explained the Deseet Striders to Rai, informing him that they were people who lived in the Seramine Desert, which had apparently had to be moved from because of 'Shifting Dunes'.

Mateo added on and told Rai that he was actually a Desert Strider himself, having had grown up there before he started traveling. And then he made Rai chuckle a bit as he began to stress out over trying to figure out how to address people for Ironshire.

"Ah, this makes a bit more sense now." Rai said to them. "But uh, what are Shifting Dunes?"

Rai could've gotten his answer, but things took a small turn when Skyla suddenly bumped into a guy they were walking past, causing her and the man to fall down. The woman who was alongside the man helped Skyla up, while everyone exchanged small apologies and made conversation.

"Alright, sorry for the inconvenience, we're gonna go now." Rai said as he began to walk off.

"Who are you guys? Do you live around here? Or are you travelers like us?"

Of course. Let's make conversation with some randoms we just met.

The woman there introduced herself as Justine Yutani and her brother being named Ashe. Rai did a small wave at the two of them before Justine went back to answering Mateo's questions. They lived here, Justine saying if they did not they wouldn't be here, and Ashe checked her for a moment on her rude manner in saying it.

Rai sucked his teeth and shook his head. This was wasting time. If they were going to get to Luminosa and find a way to cure Mateo, they needed to do it quickly before something negative encountered him again. Talking to some strangers was time consuming and unnecessary.

"Uhm, I'm Rai." he chimed in. "Nice to meet you two."

Just as Rai said that, quick and rapid steps could be heard from above him, and he looked up to see the blur of a tall man running across a building.

Wha- You know what, I'm not even gonna ask what that was.
Code by Serobliss

Mood: Shocked
Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire
"Yeah." Castro responded to Rori. "They both have never heard of a Demon. And..." Castro focused on their phrases for a moment. "I don't understand that last part. I'm not too fluent."

Akuhei took off from the store, disappearing in mere seconds, leaving Kaminari and Kumii behind. Kaminari asked the Demon if he wanted a ride on his back, considering their speeds, but Kumii sprouted some wings and denied his offer.

"Looks like they're finally about to leave." Castro whispered to Rori. "We'll be parting ways soon."

Castro paused for a moment and deeply sighed before continuing.

"It was nice meeting you, Rori, seriously. It felt kinda nice to sort of have a friend for a little bit. Been a bit lonely these past few years."

Mood: Annoyed
Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire
"Nice pair." Kaminari complimented Kumii's wings.

Without responding to the 'ladies first comment, Kaminari took off running out the store and scaled a building, landing on its rooftop. He looked avast the city, seeing that Akuhei was gone.

"[Idiot.]" he muttered. "[Running on the streets will increase your chances of being seen.]"

Then, Kaminari continued his route, dashing across various houses and hoping that Kumii could keep up.

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:

• Mateo stood there as the girl introduced herself as Justine, and then the man as Ashe, who was her older brother. She said they lived in Ironshire like that was supposed to be obvious. His head cocked to the side, confused by the statement. Mateo and Skyla didn't live in Ironshire, at least he was pretty sure Skyla didn't have a permanent residence in the city. They were just passing through. While Rai probably did have a place somewhere, since Mateo had heard he was from Ironshire. Or at least he was a bounty hunter in the Ironshire area. Just because they were there, didn't mean they lived in the city. Especially since Ironshire was the biggest city in the nation, he guessed they'd get a fair number of tourists, Mateo and Cora included.

Ashe waved his hands in front of him, basically apologizing for Justine's statements. But Mateo hadn't been offended, just sent into daydream land. There were a select handful of topics where he would get upset, but this wasn't one of them.

Ashe pulled Justine to the side, telling her about how rude she'd come off. He heard bits and pieces and looked back to the others briefly with a look of confusion. Justine then walked back up to them and bowed in apology. Immediately, Mateo's face turned red as he didn't really know how to deal with this situation. If Justine had been Sklya, he would've been able to pipe back a reply. Because he was comfortable with her. But now that it was someone he just met, he felt himself fumble for words. "I- uh. No, i-its-"

Mateo looked back to Rai and Skyla, but it was Rai that saved him, introducing himself. He sent a grateful look towards Rai. People usually didn't bow to him, so it made things kind of awkward. Taking from the setup from Rai, Mateo introduced himself. "I'm Mateo. And this is Cora." He said, reaching up to scratch under Cora's muzzle.

Cora could sense Rai really didn't have the patience for this, and he didn't either. He'd offered his own name, but he was buzzing to get out of there. For once, they could agree. Mateo had told them they'd get to Luminosa in a few days, but not if they didn't get on the road now. They couldn't afford annoying detours. He just gave another flick of his tail at the newcomers, with his pupils in slits.

• Skyla w/ Justine & AsheLocation: Streets of Ironshire
    Current Time: August 27th, 1337. 8:31am

Skyla looked between the people as each spoke, she kinda fell into a background character role for the time being.

Justine perked up for a moment, "Oh, we were just about to seek an adventure and something tells me you all have a big one planned. Call it a girl's intuition." Justine placed her hands on her hips, "Perhaps it is your lucky day as I am offering to join you." Ashe interjected, "What she ACTUALLY means is, we'd be happy if you'd let us join you? We won't hold you back, we both capable fighters." Ashe paaused, "Well, I am anyways, Coco is still learning, but I promise you she can hold her own."

Ashe thought for a moment, "If it helps, we can spar in a two vs. two?"

Skyla looked a bit surprised at the offer to spar to prove themselves, "Uh, I don't that'll be necessary." She pulled Rai, Cora and Mateo aside, saying this as she did, "One sec." She pulled the three-- well, two, into a huddle, "What do you guys think? My personal thoughts are... we can use the manpower. Especially now that... well you know... we're one short"

Last edited:

• Mateo stared wide eyed as Justine said in that same rude way that she was "offering" to join them, basically inviting herself along for the journey. He could feel Cora's flicking tail, and the way his fur fluffed up a bit and prickled against the side of his face. Well, he could tell Cora found this girl annoying. As for him, the thought of new people coming along on the quest to cure his curse gave him anxiety. Were they supposed to explain it right out of the gate? They couldn't trust these people. Would they even accept the fact that Mateo was cursed?

Ashe clarified what his sister meant, saying she was more asking if they could join rather than telling them they were lucky that they had decided to go with them. He said they were both competent fighters, meanwhile Mateo was stressing over the curse, plus he wasn't sure what the sister's name actually was. Ashe kept calling her Coco, but wasn't her name Justine? More of an insignificant worry considering the other thoughts going through his head.

He offered to spar in a two vs two, and Mateo had a bitter thought. 'Yeah, they'd be going up against Skyla and Rai, not me.' He thought, and then realized he was being stupid and jealous and felt awful. He'd be stuck on the sidelines, again. He was the least competent fighter, so it'd definitely be Skyla and Rai vs the siblings. He wanted to get stronger so maybe one day they could rely on him to win sparring matches and battles. And then he wouldn't feel so jealous of his two older companions. And maybe, if he were stronger, he could prevent another death.

Skyla quickly denied the offer for a match and pulled them aside. She pulled them into a huddle, and then asked their thoughts. She'd already cast her vote, saying they needed the extra manpower, bringing up that they were one short. A sad thought, but it was in fact the reality.

He fidgeted in his spot, clearly uncertain. Maybe if this wasn't a quest centering around his curse, he would've been fine with it. But now that they were heading to Luminosa for that specific task, he was unsure that he wanted to bring newcomers along. "I do agree that we could use some extra strength, but there's more to it. What about my curse? We can't be sure they'd be ok with it, and if we're actively seeking out a means to cure me, then it's not like we can hide it from them either. I don't know about this, Skyla."

Mateo was apprehensive, and Cora silently wrinkled his nose at the idea, showing a glimpse of sharp fangs with his eyes slitted. They were on the same page, as they usually were with big decisions. Can we really trust them with this information? Would they try to kill Mateo, knowing that he bears a curse? Those were the thoughts going through their heads.

Current Time: August 27th, 1337. 8:32am

!!! Critical Choice !!!
    Skyla heard Mateo's concern, "I see your concern and raise you one thought, what if they didn't have to know?" Skyla looked at Mateo, "They just said they were looking for an adventure, right? As long as they don't know why we're going here, we're good. They earn our trust and once the task is complete we tell them why we went there if they haven't already figured it out by then."

Skyla glanced at Cora, "You need to calm down, sir." She noted before quickly getting back on topic, "If you want my assessment of them, here you go..."

Skyla looked at Ashe, who waved at her, "Ashe looks strong and reliable and he puts up a front but I think he's hiding something. Ashe might be of use to us despite that though." She then looked to Justine, who did nothing, "She talks like she's better than us but she doesn't seem to realize she talks like that, always being covered by Ashe. Speaking of, we don't know her real name, just that Ashe calls her 'Coco'... which, to be honest, I think is just a nickname."

Skyla looked back to Rai and Mateo, "So, I think they can be useful but with how new they are, keeping them on a leash might be necessary until they earn our trust." Skyla looked once more between them, "I'll go with whatever you two decide though."

Mood: Concerned
Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Bridge to Iron Fortress
Rai looked just as surprised as Mateo when Justine offered to join them. Once again, Ashe had to cover for her, but that didn't change a thing about the request. Who the hell were these people? And why were they already willing to go along with them? Rai sized up the pair with narrowed eyes.

Ashe stated that the two of them were capable fighters, and that they wouldn't hold them back at all, even suggesting that they have a little 2v2. Though, that last part didn't make much sense at first, considering that there were five of them there, but after a bit of thinking Rai realized that he was talking about Skyla and him versus the two of them. Seems like even from first glance people could tell that the boy wasn't too much of a capable fighter.

Aside from that, thankfully Skyla declined that utterly weird request for a fight, and then pulled Mateo and Rai into a huddle with her. She needed to discuss this between the group and collectively get each opinion, so she asked what their thoughts were about the plan, giving her own at the same time. Skyla stated that they could use
the man power, considering that they were one person short now. Mika seemed to pop up in their conversations in the most random way now, in a sense.

Mateo agreed for the extra forces to the team, but brought back up his curse into questions. He was worried about whether or not they'd be fine with it and looking for a cure with them. It wasn't like they'd be able to avoid them finding out anyways, but Skyla thought otherwise. She claimed that Justine and Ashe actually didn't have to know about the curse. She restated that they wanted to join for the adventure, and that they could just tell them by the time they achieve their goal. Skyla then gave her own litte analysis on the siblings, pointing out obvious details about the two and questions that sparked from them.

And finally, Skyla said that they could be useful for now, and maybe sometime earn their trust, but the final decision was lying in Rai and Mateo.

Rai stood up straight and looked up to the sky. It was the same beautiful light blue shade with puffs of white streaking along through it. But there's no time for sightseeing at the moment. Rai thought hard on the matter at hand. These two were...weird to say the least, and they seemed friendly at first glance, but who knows how they actually are? This could be a shifty little act, and their true intentions could be hidden at the moment. And Mateo was right, they could have a negative reaction towards his curse, and it wasn't like they could hide it anyways. Skyla said they could just avoid telling them, but at some point Justine and Ashe were bound to find out.

On the other hand, the group could use some extra strength right now. Rai was their best option at offense at the moment, but he'd be doing the heavy lifting by himself since Mika was no longer here with them. Mateo was growing in offensive tactics, but he was still far too weak to hold up on his own against whatever threats came his way. Well, he could actually, but that's only if he transformed, and that's not a fate they could handle at the moment. Skyla was growing stronger too, but Rai was afraid that her grief over Mika's death and her naive and motherly ways could get in the way of discernment over real threats.

So even though they didn't know if they could trust these people, they still could use their help at the same time. So Rai finally came to the best conclusion he could make at the moment.

"I say we let them join us." he announced. "But only if we have a plan if shit goes sideways with them. A contingency, as you would say. A way to deal with them if they turned against us."

Rai glanced over at the siblings, analyzing them for a second before returning his attention to the group.

"I need to know what they're capable of, so I can find some way to counter it if ever comes to fighting them. Magic types, level of training, intellect. All of it. But I can definitely deal with finding out all of that myself. I mean-"

Rai stopped before he said anything he couldn't have them knowing. He shook his head at the matter and stopped talking. Jr had almost spoiled the fact that he had his own contingencies for both Skyla, Mateo, and Cora. But they were just ways for him to protect himself in the case that they turned on him. Even Rai would admit, he was paranoid to the bone. As a bounty hunter, he sort of had to stay that way, as there were always criminals trying to get revenge on him. It wasn't just crooks though. He had contingencies for everyone he met that wasn't family. His fellow bounty hunters, this group now, he even had one for Mika before he died. Now he had to make some for the new sibling pair now. Though it was an unhealthy habit, it was necessary in Rai's eyes. You can never be too safe.

"That's just my approach on this though." Rai confirmed. "What do you think about this, Mateo? Oh, and Cora too."

Code by Serobliss

Mood: Embarrassed
Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire
Castro blinked in shock as Rori told him that he could call on her if he needed it. He didn't expect her to want to even think about the possibility of being associated with him again, but she spoke about the ever working together again in the future. Castro's face turned as red as a tomato as he stood up straight and cleared his throat nervously.

"Y-yeah, I will." Castro squeaked. "I mean, I can, o-or, I would. Yeah. I would call you if I need your help." He gulped slowly.

Rori seemed to be have a bit of blush to her face as well, so she changed to topic of their conversation and asked Castro what he planned on doing now that he was out of danger.

"Oh no, I'm still in danger, but..." Castro pondered a bit about his future plans. "It may be stupid, but, I'm gonna find Maki. I want to warn her about the fact that Heath still has a grudge against us. And maybe tell her that Kuragiri is Heath's son."

Castro let out a deep sigh and fixated his gaze to the floor.

"And after that...I'm going to kill Heath." Castro refused to look to Rori after that statement, hoping to avoid her snapping at him. He really had no choice but to attempt to do so. Castro could either sit around and wait to be killed, or he could try to save himself and Maki by ending the biggest threat to them. And he could even save Kuragiri at the same time, so he decided that he had to at least try. Heath was getting old now, and he as Kaminari said, he is getting weaker. So what better chance is there to kill him then now?

"Hey, what happened to that kid I told you to take away from the battle? That kid with the one arm?" Castro decided to change to topic to avoid a scolding.

Mood: Intrigued
Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire
Location - Unknown Path out Of Ironshire.

Kaminari's footsteps were almost impossible to hear as he ran through a forest off the grid of Ironshire. He ran with more leverage on his toes to remain as silent as possible, regardless of what he stepped on. Rocks, crunchy leaves, puddles, his steps were barely audible.

Kaminari had passed by Akuhei long ago due to being superior in speed toward his little brother, but he knew that Akuhei would make it there, as he was familiar with the pathway. But Kumii was another issue. He was out of sight and Kaminari hadn't seen him for a few minutes now, and he began worry about where he was

"[C'mon, Mr. Demon.]" Kaminari muttered. "[Tell me you didn't get lost.]"

Almost immediately fulfilling his request, Kumii appeared beside him in a dark mist. He almost fell down, but regained his balance and continued running.

"Get out of the slow lane, grandma."

Kaminari smiled at Kumii's joke and hearty laugh. He could take a joke, but really only smiled to his visible shock. He almost yelped at Kumii's sudden arrival. The Demon looked at little past Kaminari, and the Shugosha followed his gaze to his right, but there were nothing but forest that way. Afterwards, Kumii directed his gaze back ahead, seeming to completely ignore his random fixation on nothing.

"What were you looking at?" Kaminari asked, his voice a little shaky from running. "You looked distracted by something."

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:

• Even after hearing Skyla's thoughts about it, Mateo still didn't seem confident in the new additions to the team. She said they didn't have to know, that they just wouldn't tell them. But they were going to Luminosa for the specific task of the curse. They'd be actively talking about it. How could they not hear about it accidently. One of them could slip in a conversation and refer to Mateo's curse. Or they could pick up on it. There were a million different ways that Justine and Ashe could find out. Mateo didn't agree with Skyla, which only made his nerves worse.

Cora puffed out his fur indignantly when Skyla said he needed to calm down. No one gave him orders, and definitely not some depressed human woman. Cora couldn't participate, so naturally he'd gotten very good at the one thing he could do. Observe. He knew that this woman was putting on a brave face, and he knew to be careful of the samurai. His tail flicked rapidly with annoyance. Mateo reached a hand up, to try to stop Cora, but the Bakeneko could sense the fear pulsing through him. His hand was super twitchy, which told him that Mateo was nervous. He calmed himself, taking his eyes off Skyla to focus on his real friend. Cora gave a soft purr, rubbing himself against Mateo's hand to show support. The boy gave a small smile at his friend trying to help.

Skyla gave her assessment, which seemed obvious. Ashe looked strong, but not Mika or Rai strong. They were the best fighters he'd ever come across. In his mind, no one would ever best Mika. And Rai was super talented as well. He was the best samurai he'd ever come across, which Mateo didn't know many on a personal level, but he still thought Rai was the greatest samurai. If Ashe could hold his own in a fight, then that was great, but he'd never be able to best Rai and, if he was still alive, he would never come close to beating Mika in a fight. Skyla discerned that there was also something he wasn't saying. Great job, Skyla. Because that made Mateo more nervous to travel with him.

Justine was everything he expected of her. She was rude but didn't understand that she talked that way. She was covered mostly by her brother, and they didn't know her real name. Yeah, so far Mateo was a no.

Mateo flinched when Rai gave his answer. He'd let them come with, but on a condition. They needed a plan for if things went south. A contingency, he said. He said he needed to learn their weakness, their strengths and skills, so that he had ways to counter them if they ever ended up in a fight against them. Mateo nodded, thinking that was a really good idea. And then he steeled himself to help in that task. He could do that. He could be useful in that way. He would try to help as much as he could. Rai said he could do it on his own, but he didn't really have a choice because Mateo had well made up his mind about helping.

Rai asked for his thoughts, and Cora's as well which certainly made the Bakeneko's day to be recognized as a key part of the team. He straightened himself up and looked dignified, which was hard as a cat on top of a tall, messy kid's shoulder.

They'd never been clear on who was the leader, or if the group acted more as a democracy. He guessed the latter, and he was the odd man out. Two against one. There was Cora, but it was unclear if they'd be taking his vote seriously, or if Rai just didn't want to get attacked by the very aggressive cat. He knew Cora's thoughts, but also knew that he'd go with whatever Mateo decided. He wasn't keen on letting them join for obvious reasons. The curse and how they'd react to a boy that could turn into a monster at a moment's notice. And he knew they would find out rather soon, just because he wasn't at all confident about this.

"I like you're plan, Rai." He started slowly. "I'll help too. Which I guess means I'm on board as well. But yeah, we shouldn't trust them completely yet. For now, I guess we can consider them extra muscle and that's it. It's the four of us and then them, not six of us. Friendly, but not too friendly, y'know."

Cora gave a meow, and for once it wasn't edged with a growl. Just a plain meow in agreement. It's not like he could say he did in fact agree at the moment. Mateo would be able to interpret it for the rest of them, if they didn't already understand.

"Well, I guess all four of us agree." Mateo said, though he wasn't at all sure this was a good idea.

Last edited:
  • Skyla w/ Justine & AsheLocation: Heading off to Luminosa!
    Current Time: August 27th, 1337. 8:33am

!!! Choice is locked. Cannot be changed. !!!

Skyla listened to both Rai and Mateo. She really paid no mind to Cora as he got agitated at her. She nodded, "Okay then... I'll let them know then." She stood up and turned to Ashe, a sudden chill ran down her spine. Was this really the right choice? Skyla suddenly had doubts but she quickly shook it off quick enough that no-one would notice, "So, we've decided to let you join us for now. At least for this little adventure of ours."

Ashe nodded, "Sweet! Where are we going?" Justine nodded as well, "Yes! I would also like to know where we are going!" Skyla froze a bit, 'Is it okay to tell them?' She looked at Mateo and Rai, "Um... Lu-Luminosa. I've heard there's suppose to be a festival there and we really wanted to go." Ashe and Justine nodded, "Okay, then lets be off, yeah?" Skyla nodded at them then they walked off without them and Skyla looked at Mateo and Rai and shrugged, "Guess we're going now."

• Mateo nodded, watching Skyla straighten up and go tell the siblings they could come with. He got a pit in his stomach from all the worry. But if the adults thought they were ok, then they should be. Yeah, maybe he trusted Skyla and Rai too much. He valued their opinions way more than he should've. You should listen to your gut instinct, which Mateo failed to do because he was the odd man out.

Justine and Ashe wanted to know where they were going, and Skyla looked back at them. Mateo nodded, knowing they would find out when they arrived anyways. She told them, making up a lie about why they were going. The exact lie Mateo and Cora had planned to tell the group, before Mika died. Then plans changed, and for the better. He just wished he could've told Mika.

Ashe and Justine were ready to go, walking off without them. As a traveler, Mateo thought that was weird. How did they know which way to go, if they didn't have a map. Sure, they lived in Ironshire, but they wouldn't know by heart which road got them started on the journey towards Luminosa. Mateo, the navigator himself, even had to consult several maps to get the road picked out.

Skyla said she guessed they were going now. "Well, better early than late."

They caught up with the siblings and Mateo snuck a look to Rai and gave a smile and wink. Time to enact Plan Contingency! Well, there wasn't really a plan but don't burst Mateo's bubble.

"So, do you guys know any magic?" A simple question, and one totally on brand for Mateo. The three other regular members of the team knew about his fascination with magic, and these guys would soon learn that too. Meaning they couldn't get suspicious because he was just a curious teen with a magic obsession. As far as the Yutani siblings knew. But the four of them knew what Mateo was really trying to accomplish.

Status (Ashe & Junstine): On guard

Ashe glanced over at Mateo as he caught up and asked what type of magic they used, "Wouldn't really call it magic. I just make people really slow." That was all Ashe said on that subject. Which was true but he also knew more then that. Of course Ashe knew the whole 'don't trust everyone you met' trope.

Skyla caught up with Mateo and he asked about their magic if they knew, to which Ashe gave a vague answer. Well, that didn't go as hoped, 'Maybe that was TOO obvious, Mateo...' Skyla thought, sighing lightly. Justine remained silent, "Well, what about you guys? You all seem like a capable bunch, surely you know magic, no?" Ashe retorted, Ashe glanced back at Mateo once more, "Hey, look, let's keep the talking to a minimum, okay? You'll learn all that if you ever need to. Now ask us anything else, deal?"

Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Bridge to Iron Fortress
With everyone agreeing to Rai's plans on making contingencies, Skyla announced to Ashe and Justine that they could come with them on their adventure. Though, they immediately asked where there destination was, and Skyla quickly lied and told them a festival down in Luminosa.

A few moments later...

"I just make people really slow."

Slow?
Rai thought to himself. As in, he can manipulate a person's speed? What magic type is that?

Rai pondered for a moment on his question and tapped his finger on his thigh.

Nothing I've ever heard of. My assumption is that he uses a magic type in a variation that nullifies movement. Maybe ice? Maybe fairy? Hell, he could even be using water.

Ashe retaliated Mateo's question and asked the group of their magic types. Rai looked to Mateo and Skyla first just before answering, seeing if they wanted to to first. Both of them didn't show signs of preparing to speak, so after Ashe told Mateo to lay off on the magic based questions, he explained,

"I use lightning magic."

And afterwards, Rai remained silent on the matter. Yes, that was all. He decided that right now, the best option was to reveal as little information about themselves possible.

"Alright, changing the subject." Rai announced. "Justine and...Ashe? You guys seem pretty comfortable. Yknow, just going on an adventure with some randoms you bumped into. Literally."

Rai tightened the strap around his waist that held his haori up, using it as a way to provide leverage for his katana.

"You're pretty confident in your skill, huh? I respect that. This is coming from a fellow fighter. Damn. That almost makes me bummed out that Little Miss Boring over here declined your sparring session."

Rai glanced at Skyla with a look that was a little sympathetic, hoping that she would just acknowledge that she would have to go with it.

Gotta ease them in. Rai thought to himself. Mateo fucked up with that blunt ass question, and they're less talkative now.

Rai diverted his gaze to Mateo. He knew the kid meant well, but goddamn. He definitely had a lot to learn, especially when it came to dialing it back on his friendliness. He had to learn that some people were going to be brash and mean, regardless of how you treated them. And if Ashe and Justine's true colors were like this, Mateo would be forced into a situation with negative emotions. And, well you know what happens from there.

So, Rai placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and gave him a quick nod as if to say, 'let me do the talking'.

Code by Serobliss

Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire
Castro's plan to divert Rori's attention worked, as she completely remembered the past situation and began to focus on leaving. She asked how to get out of the store quickest.

"Uhh, depends on where you're going." Castro explained. "If you wanna head back in the direction of that shed, go through the front door of the store. Just go left until you see a blue concession stand. From there, make a right and you'll be back on the path there."

Castro got up and grabbed his large, orange rimmed blade.

"If you wanna get out of Ironshire, back through the vents, and walk south for about 15 minutes. From there, you'll see a hole. Go through there, you're gone."

Castro lifted the lid of the grate and prepared to jump in, deciding that it was best to head back to his little home and plot his way to Maki.

"Guess we part ways now, huh?" The Blue Eyed Bandit gave Rori one more smile before they dispersed. "Stay alive, Dragonflame."

Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
Since Kaminari's text didn't appear, here it is:

"Queenland Forest..." Kaminari repeated to Kumii. "From the way you describe it, that explains our disappearances in soldiers. Thank you, I can now inform Heath of that."

Kaminari suddenly made a sharp right turn as he slid past a small pond near the forest. As he continued west, the scenery changed. The dull, green trees suddenly became tall, beautiful Sakura trees that showered them in pink leaf petals. This was a sign that they were almost there. A few more miles and they were home at last, or, at least Kaminari and Akuhei were.

The Seiryoku Empire wasn't a typical place you saw in the Rhythm Nation. Very few knew of it's existence, and it had many elements of Japan and its culture, at least the ones it had in its prime days. It was Heath's way of making all of his loyal subjects feel safe and motivated, due to most of them also originating from Japan.

"Almost there." Kaminari peeped. "Akuhei isn't too far behind us either. The civilians are going to love you."

The Shugosha offered the Demon a smile.

"You are kind of like something we read in fairytale. Just, a little more intimidating."

Last edited:

• Mateo tilted his head at Ashe's curt response. Said he could slow people down, but that wasn't very clear. But now they knew he could do that, so, success? He looked a little saddened by the fact that Ashe was being really defensive and a bit rude. That familiar teen face that you never want to say no to. Also, the face that made people never want to tell him the truth about the things he was naive to.

He turned towards Rai as he explained his type of magic was lightning, which completely contradicted what they had talked about. You could tell Mateo didn't understand interrogation and how to gain trust effectively. He didn't get that this wasn't a take and give nothing scenario. You had to take a little risk, to give, so that they would give as well.

Rai quickly took over the reins, changing the subject off magic entirely. He commented on them being confident in their skills and remarked about how he would've liked to have that sparring match. He called Skyla a name, and then sent a look her way that told him that Rai wasn't being mean. This was just how he worked to get information out of them.

Rai placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a nod. The message was clear enough. He nodded to Rai, basically telling him to do his thing, and sent him an apologetic look. He looked like a puppy who knew he'd chewed the table leg and looked really sorry about it.

He decided to be quiet and fall back with Skyla so that Rai could do his bounty hunter thing. He knew more about interrogations than Mateo did. Rai was the best one for the job in this case. He didn't know if Skyla had any experience, but Mateo knew she was probably too friendly like him. She'd been like that when they first met and eased a lot of his troubles, but these two didn't seem to respond to that.

"I think we should just sit back and let Rai handle this." He whispered to Skyla, low enough for no one but her and maybe Cora to hear.

Status (Ashe): Irritated...

Skyla watched as now Rai began his line of questioning. She felt this would only make thing worse but she held her tongue on the matter for now.

Ashe looked at Rai as he began his questions, "I wasn't confident in my abilities. I was merely ready to prove Justine and I could be of some to you guys without being a hindrance. Which was the least I could do." Ashe looked ahead, "And no, I'm not comfortable and, by the sounds of it, neither are you guys what with all the questions about our abilities you've asked."

Justine looked between Rai and Ashe, she could tell Ashe was starting to a tiny bit irritated, "Besides, if you're so bummed about your friend declining the spar request, why not say anything? If it bothered you that much, surely you should've spoken up about it." Ashe glanced at Rai, "Unless, I'm to understand it didn't really bother you that much and you're just saying that to make small talk?" Ashe looked forward once more, "Are my abilities all you care about? No, 'Hey, Ashe, what was it like growing up?' or 'Hey, Ashe, where are you and Coco from?'." Justine sighed, normally she was the one being corrected by Ashe, she looked at Mateo and Skyla then back to Rai and Ashe. She was unsure what to say, so was Skyla. Ashe continued though, "All I get asked about are my abilities, my skills, how strong I am. That's all anyone ever cared about and it pisses me off because I took all the attention away from the one person who needs it the most, so like I said earlier, let's keep the talking to a minimum."

Mateo whispered they should let Rai handle it, she whispered back, "This is going well..." Skyla sighed and then spoke up, "Uh, hey, let's back off with the... this, okay?" Skyla sensed the irritation and tried to play devil's advocate in an attempt to defuse the situation.

Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Bridge to Iron Fortress
"Whoa, whoa." Rai started after hearing Ashe's little rant. "Calm down, Mr. Paranoia. Just making small talk. As I stated, I am a fighter, so of course I'm going to assess your skill." Rai scoffed and looked to Justine. "And I thought you were mean.

Rai let out a small yawn and stretched his hands out a bit. Then, he looked back to Ashe.

"Lemme answer your questions in one small bit. One, I didn't speak up about the sparring sessions because Skyla here is..." Rai glanced back between his two friends. "..our little group leader. She took over after, some circumstances. So, of course I'm not gonna go against her word. I'm loyal after all."

Ashe was irritated, and it was clearly obvious. But it was stupid at the same time. He got all riled up by a question, so maybe he's not at perky as he acted before.

"Two, I could care less about how you grew up. Sorry, but it's true. I don't even know you, so why would I worry about that?" It was a bit brash, but hey, the guy snapped first, so there's no harm in shutting him down a bit. "And didn't you say you were from here? Why would I ask where you're from?"

Rai shook his head and turned to Mateo and Cora.

"Mateo, aren't you supposed to be leading the way? Cmon, you and me will navigate."

Rai walked to Mateo and threw an arm over his shoulder and then looked at Skyla, deciding to let her take the lead over talking.

Code by Serobliss

Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire
Castro is on his way to find Maki, his adventure will resume in a few posts!

Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire

"No worries, Kumii." Kaminari reassured. "Yes, that feat did spark some intimidation, but the rest of it is purely respect."

Kaminari looked straight ahead again and began to slow down his pace as he and Kumii approached a bridge leading to the gates of a small city. There was nothing to the side of the bridge, but below was a large river with small waterfalls along the earth holding the empire. Across the bridge, the two pearly gates were guarded by four samurai, all of them now giving a small bow after seeing the Shugosha.

"[Greetings, Kaminari!]" One of the samurai spoke up. "[Is this a friend of yours, or a captive?]"

"[This is just my new friend, Kumii.]" Kaminari answered back in Japanese. "[He means no harm, I'm sure of it. He's pretty calm, but piss him off and he'll kill you!"

The four guards all let out heartful laughs at Kaminari's statement.

"[Very funny of you, sir.]" Another guard said.

"[I'm not joking.]"

The samurai suddenly stopped their laughing and stepped to the sides, signaling that they were allowed to cross the bridge. The decided that was best, because if Kaminari thought someone was strong, then they were definitely no joke.

"Ladies first." Kaminari said to Kumii, reciting the joke from earlier.

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:

• Mateo frowned as Ashe started getting super rude and defensive. He could feel the irritation prickling off the man like needles. He was more forgiving with Mateo than he was Rai, but maybe that was because Mateo was the first one who ticked him off. He was given more leeway. But the second one to agitate the man got told off, and unfortunately that was Rai.

Cora was starting to get agitated on his shoulder as well. His Bakeneko friend didn't respond well to dicks, and that's what Ashe was currently being. They were in the get to know you section, so of course they were gonna ask questions. Mateo would answer any questions. Nothing about his curse, to strangers at least, but anything else was fair game. That fact that he was a Desert Strider? Sure. His passion for magic and want to learn all the types. Of course! Ashe wasn't being very nice, and Mateo wondered how they would all get along with the pair.

Ashe gave Rai a whole lecture about them only asking for the guy's abilities, saying they didn't ask about where they were from or how he'd grown up. Mateo shook his head. That wasn't true. Mateo had asked about if they were adventurers, and what they were doing in Ironshire.

But Rai gave it right back. Yup, that was Rai for you. He wasn't afraid to talk back. Mateo probably would've shut down after a lecture like that from someone he didn't know too well, but Rai was at it with indignant spunk, and he liked it.

He explained about Skyla basically being their de facto leader, and about how he was loyal and wouldn't question her word. Then he talked about how he really didn't care about how Ashe grew up or anything like that. And then he brought up the earlier conversation, which was an instant shut down to anything Ashe was getting prepared, he was sure of that. Score 1-0 for Rai.

Afterwards he walked up to Mateo, completely ending the conversation before Ashe could respond. He said Mateo should be leading and told him they would navigate together. He threw an arm over Mateo's shoulder, and they started to walk faster than the others so they could take the leading position. "O-Ok." Mateo answered.

Cora stared at the Yutani siblings with slitted eyes as Mateo walked forward. He bared his teeth but made no sound as to not alert the samurai and his friend. But it was a warning alright.

Once they were up, Mateo asked for Cora's help. "Can you get out my map? You know the one, right?"

Cora nodded, crawling into Mateo's backpack and reappearing with a map clutched delicately in his jaws so that he didn't tear through the paper. "Thanks." Mateo said as he took it. He opened it and stared ahead. "Straight ahead and we should come to a road once we're out of Ironshire." He informed Rai.

"Hey, I'm kind of worried about this. He was being so mean for no reason. He's irritated because we were trying to get to know him, which doesn't make sense. It was good before, but now it seems like they're gonna ruin things. I thought he was going to be the nice one, but it seems they're both very rude." He whispered to Rai, confiding in him with his worries. It was too low for the others to hear. Mateo shook his head. "I don't want things to change. They changed too much already."

Of course, he meant Mika.

Status (Ashe): Irritated...
    Status (Justine): Cooperative
    Current Time: August 27th, 1337. 8:34am

Skyla sighed, "I'm not the leader..." was the only thing Skyla said before Rai walked back, 'What an absolute wreck. Neither Ashe nor Rai are doing a good job at gaining TRUST.' Skyla glanced at both Rai and Ashe then to Justine. Skyla walked up to Justine and let Mateo and Rai do their thing, "Hey.. Justine, was it?"

Justine nodded, "What is it?" Justine paused a moment, "I do not think I know your name." Skyla looked a bit surprised, "O-Oh, I'm Skyla." She pointed to Rai, "The white-haired maiden over there is Rai." Then she pointed to Mateo, "The gentle-looking navigator is Mateo..." then she pointed to the cat, "...and the soft-looking fierce kitty is Cora, his companion." Justine memorized their faces and names, "Oh, Okay. I thank you." Skyla waved her hand dismissively, "O-Oh it's no worries, I figure we better make friends with one of you guys and since Ashe seems a bit defensive now... well..."

Justine nodded and looked at Ashe, who was walking alone, "I do not know why he is acting this way. It is possible all the questions about his abilities might be making him that way. He has never liked talking about himself all that much." Skyla nodded, "I see..." Skyla looked at Ashe, 'So that's why. Perhaps jumping on that bandwagon first was a mistake.' Skyla returned her attention to Justine, "Don't worry, with Mateo as our navigator, well be there in no time." Justine nodded in response.

One day later...Date: August 28th, 1337. 10:45 am.
    !!! Critical Choice !!!

The group arrives at Luminosa... well the outskirts of the town. They see someone waiting for them. Mana. Mana sees the group and aves at them, seeing Mateo specifically, "MATTIE!!!" She yelled to get his attention. Skyla tilted her head, "Mattie?" She shook her head, "Wait, who is that?" She looked at Mateo, "Mateo...? Do you know who that is--"

Ashe took off the sear on his back, "DEMON!" He shouted, which made Mana stop a distance away and tilt her head, "Why are you angry..? What did I do?"

Skyla walked up to Ashe and put a hand on his shoulder, "Hey, let's--" Ashe pushed Skyla away, which made her fall on her butt, "What the hell?! What was that for?" Justine looked between Ashe and Skyla but chose to ran to Skyla, "Hey, are you alright?" Skyla nodded.

Ashe pointed his spear at Mana, "Go back to where you came from, foul Demon!" His tone was aggressive.

Mana looked at Ashe then at Mateo with a hint of fear in her eyes, "Wh-what... what did I do..? Mattie... help?"
    Status (Ashe): Ready to Fight
    Status (Justine): Worried
    Status (Mana): Scared

• Mateo was genuinely impressed with himself. He hadn't realized that it would take such little time to get to Luminosa. Then again, he'd never actually made the journey to Luminosa. He was too frightened of getting caught and killed to actually go. Even though he'd thought about it like a million times before. So, there were the pros. Getting to learn about his culture, maybe meeting a family member or two, and maybe even getting to meet his dad for the first time. But then there were the cons. Getting caught as a Cabrera and getting killed. Yeah, that one had outweighed the plethora of good things. He'd never had the strength he needed to fight a whole city of people who wished for the Cabrera's to be dead. Before it was just him, and then it was just him and Cora. Even with a spirit on his side, they wouldn't come close to beating a whole entire city. But now he had more people who cared for him. Three, four actually, people who accepted him even though he was cursed. Skyla, Rai, Cora, and the little demon Mana. He'd like to think maybe Mika would've accepted him too, if he'd gotten the chance to tell him.

As per usual, Mateo's head was practically buried in his map. He'd wanted to make sure they were going exactly the right way. He'd never doubted himself before, but now with such a big group he'd doubled and tripled check it at every turn. More people were counting on him than just Cora now. Cora never complained if Mateo took them in a different route than he'd said, because everything was new to him. But since Skyla and Rai were going on a whole big adventure to help heal him, he didn't want to get them lost or anything even though he was the best navigator they could possibly ask for. He was doubting himself a bit there, but he'd gotten them there without much trouble.

He heard a voice, a familiar one. It got him to tear his gaze from his map as he heard someone call him Mattie. The only person who called him that was...

Yup, he looked up to the see the small child like form of Mana. He smiled upon seeing her, then finally took in the sights of his birthplace. Luminosa. He hadn't been here since he was a newborn, before his father had rushed him out of the city and to the desert. The Seramine desert wasn't that far from here, since Luminosa was mostly on the outskirts of the nation. The desert was maybe a few days travel from here, which seemed more like home than Luminosa did.

He could see a few of the large towers already, connected to the outer walls of the city. The towers were of different colors, with paint spiraling around them. They weren't big murals, but different designs marking the different towers. One had a dazzling sun painted on the front of it. 'The Solar Guardian.' He thought. The tower that was dedicated to Lukia, the god of the hunt. He was respected as the light god around here, as well as his official title, so people liked to associate him with the sun. The other tower in their view was painted with the depiction of a sword, though the sword's blade was pale yellow to represent how it was made of light. The Sword of Light, the one that had struck down the original Beast of Luminosa. 'The Legacy of Lucero.' The other tower's name. The two people who were valued the most in this city, Lukia and Ignis Lucero, got their own towers at the front gate.

The Lightkeepers probably wouldn't be up there until nightfall, as they usually were. They shone light around the outskirts of the city at night to prevent any creatures of the night from approaching. They thought light was the Cabrera's undoing, simply because the Sword of Light had killed the first one of the curse. They weren't vampires. That wasn't exactly how it worked. Light wasn't the special thing in this equation. It was the sword, a relic given to the people of Luminosa by a freaking god. It's not like the light from the towers, which basically functioned like lighthouses except for land, would actually kill a Cabrera, even a transformed one. But let the people of some sense of security.

Mateo ended up completely shocking himself. How did he know the names of the towers? He'd never been to Luminosa before and didn't know many details about it. That was another strange thing, because he really shouldn't know that.

He decided to shake that feeling off as his eyes approached Mana again. She'd given him a wave, and he smiled, waving back. Skyla asked if he knew who that was, and he remembered he hadn't told her. Or Rai, for that matter. Dammit. He thought he'd had more time to adjust after the scare of telling Skyla and Rai. He felt like he could tell them anything now, but he'd wanted to give them a bit of time to digest before he threw a whole 'nother thing at them. But he'd never gotten the chance to finally speak about Mana, because they'd met Ashe and Justine and been so focused on them. Well, he had to tell them now, so he should just fess up about letting a little kid join them. Of course, he wouldn't tell them about her being a-

Too late. Just as he was about to speak, Ashe shouted demon, and hit the nail right on the head. How could he tell? This ruined everything. He intended to let Mana decide if she wanted to tell them about her being a spirit, but that was completely gone now. They would know, and he realized that there was hostility in Ashe's voice. He realized too soon how dangerous this situation was.

Mana seemed confused, but Mateo knew exactly what Ashe was getting at. He wasn't that naive. He knew some people hated spirits, even though they aren't born evil. Most of the time, when a spirit is out and about, a mortal will be the one to instigate things. There were plenty of bad spirits, like there were mortals, but there were plenty of good spirits too. Cora and Mana were some examples. The preconceived notion that they were all horrible creatures was so downright idiotic. And yet Ashe chose to base his actions off that ideology.

Skyla walked up to Ashe, starting an attempt to calm him down, but Ashe pushed her out of the way. Mateo's hands were tightening around his map. He curled it up and shoved it at Rai, hoping the samurai would hold onto it for him. There was no time to put it back in his bag, or even think of doing so. Mateo wasn't one to get mad easily, but he was starting to become uncharacteristically agitated and upset. That was rude as hell. No one hurt his friends. No one hurt the person who was like an older sister to him. He didn't care if he wasn't as strong as the others. Now was his time to step up. If he did nothing, the rage would likely fester, growing into an issue with his curse. But he intended to let all of that out, once he saw what Ashe did next.

Skyla had fallen, and one of the Yutani siblings came to her rescue. Justine. Ashe was on his own crusade, too busy to even say he was sorry. He was busy himself, watching Ashe very closely. He didn't even hear Justine ask if Skyla was alright or see Skyla nod.

Cora's fur rose in spikes, seeing a human threaten another spirit. Even though Mana had given him that stupid nickname, he knew she was just a child. Demons aged slowly, so even though Mana could be thousands of years old, she still had the body and mind of a little girl. Children never did anything to deserve such hostility. It made him sick how Ashe treated Mana. He was ready to shred that guy on a moment's notice. But he knew Mateo would rather resolve this with peace. He looked towards the boy. Never mind. Mateo was quivering with building anger. Yeah, he would definitely fight Ashe if it came down to it, and Cora would be right beside him. He knew he didn't like those siblings from the start.

When Ashe pointed his spear at Mana, that was the final straw. Mana looked at him, her little kid face one of fear, practically begging him to help. She was still a kid, even if she was probably more powerful than him. The thought that Mana could totally wreck this guy didn't even cross his mind. To Mateo, she was a defenseless kid that some rude ass guy was threatening. That did not fly with him, especially when the kid was his friend.

Mateo ran as fast as he could before Ashe could even strike, getting out his magic book as he did. He reached them, took the spear and shoved it back so that he had room to get in between Ashe, his spear, and Mana. He looked back to Mana, giving her a smile and a reassuring look. He wanted to convey that everything would be alright and tried to not look as pissed as he was. He didn't want Mana to be in any fear. Then he looked back to Ashe, with a less than friendly expression.

"You know what to do if he doesn't listen." He muttered to Cora, who nodded agreement. Mateo was basically telling Cora to attack the second Ashe made any kind of move with his spear against them. He bunched up his muscles like he was getting ready to pounce on some poor, unsuspecting mouse. Should Ashe try anything, he'd move to pounce on him and give him a good scratch. His claws were unsheathed, just waiting to sink into Ashe's flesh. The guy didn't seem like the type to let one tall kid's words sway his actions.

"Calm down, Ashe. She's my friend." He said, directly to Ashe. Then he raised his voice to address all of them. "I know I didn't really tell you guys, but I was expecting her. I agreed to let her come with. She was going to meet up with us. I had every intention of telling you guys, but when I got back... well, it was just a lot. And there were other things I needed to mention. I was going to ask to come here, even before you mentioned we should go, Skyla. I'm sorry I didn't say anything about her before. Like I said, I intended to, but things moved along faster than I thought they would. But she's a good person." Mateo was more so addressing Skyla and Rai than the Yutani siblings, taking on a softer tone to talk to them. His usual tone of voice. He was genuine about the good person comment, remembering how well Mana had reacted to his curse. She accepted someone different than her without a second thought. Why couldn't Ashe do such a simple task? And when he started to address Ashe, his tone had an added edge to it. Skyla and Rai had likely never seen him mad, but now he definitely was.

"She's my friend." He repeated to Ashe. "So, I don't think that's very necessary. She won't 'go back to where she came from'. She'll stay right here if she wants to and will be able to join us without anyone laying a finger on her. She's a demon, so what. I don't care, and neither should you. If you do, then maybe it would be wiser to find another group to travel with, because I don't tolerate this. I may not seem like it, but I do have a limit. And this is the fastest way to get me to it." He held his book firmly in one hand, ready to summon the phoenix if he needed to. He just hoped it hadn't been a onetime use, and that it would answer his clear ambition. He didn't yet know the limits of the book, needing more time to study it. He was fuming at this point. "So put. it. down."

Cora gave a guttural growl at Ashe, and Mateo's voice was lined with aggression and anger. Which was possibly the first time he'd shown such aggression. Please, please let Skyla and Rai join him in this. The five of them, Mana included, against two would be impossible for them to win. And maybe they would think twice about attacking if the two chimed in. And if they still attacked, or at least if Ashe did, it would probably be an easy victory.

• Skyla w/ Justine & AsheLocation: Luminosa
    Current Time: August 28th, 1337. 10:45am

Justine looked at Ashe and got up to walk in front of him to calm him down, "Ashe, please... listen to hi--" But no, Ashe even pushed Justine away, his attention focused on Mana, all he saw was red. Justine fell to the ground, looking at Ashe, her vision of him shattered. The brother she once hailed as a hero was gone, this wasn't Ashe. Ashe glared at Justine, "You made a mistake, dear sister." Ashe put a hand on her chest and casted Shatter Ultim on her.

Justine stumbled back before her spirit was shattered, "Ashe.. you..." Ashe took the opportunity to then cast Subzero Movement on Justine, which restricted her movement. Justine felt her body tense up and she found it extremely difficult to move. Ashe then went in for the kill but his attack was intercepted by Skyla, who blocked it with the Lance of Ruin.

Skyla was just as mad as Mateo at this point but for an entirely different reason, she glared at Ashe with a look of bloodlust, a look that Skyla had never displayed before. Skyla took Ashe's attack and deflected it to the ground and use the shaft of the spear to forcefully smack Ashe's face with it, which sent him stumbling back, "She's your sister... and you would try and KILL her?!" Skyla walked over to Ashe, who was on the ground and stood over him, looking down at him, "She didn't make the mistake. You did." Skyla brought her Lance up for the final strike but seemingly from nowhere, a butterfly with light blue wings came fluttering down. Skyla noticed it as it landed on the blade of her lance, fluttered its wings a bit then fluttered away. This event cause Skyla to regain her senses and realize what she was about to do.

Queen, still in bird form, was still sat upon Rai's head but watching the whole thing, 'This is getting to complicated but you're welcome lance boy, even though you're being--' Queen's bird form let out a chirp in surprise when the butterfly landed on Skyla's Lance. Queen suddenly deteced a strange and powerful magical presence... and it's NOT the Lance... 'This presence... it can't be...'

She put the Lance down, "What am I..." She took a few steps back but the grip on her Lance was still tight, "I'm sorry.." She said. She went to stand next Mateo, "I can't let you hurt this little girl." Justine regained control of her body and surprisingly stood next to Skyla and Mateo, "I am sorry, Ashe but you are not the brother I once knew." Justine stood a bit off to the side, she still wasn't fully trusted with them but maybe this'll help them trust at least her.

Mana suddenly felt unease, a wave of dread washed over her and it wasn't because of Ashe or his actions anymore...
    Status (Ashe): Not himself but extremely aggressive regardless.
    Status (Justine): Terrified of Ashe
    Status (Mana): Uneasy

Last edited:
Mood: Defensive
Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Bridge to Iron Fortress
"Straight ahead and we should come to a road once we're out of Ironshire."

"Alright, we're off to a good start." Rai said as Mateo explained to him the circumstances of the route. Afterwards. Mateo began to go in about Ashe and his irritation. He had the same thoughts as Rai, they both thought that Ashe would be kinder than this. But his true colors must've shown when he was asked about his abilities.

"Hey, don't worry about that asshole." Rai reassured. "We'll ease him in soon or later. And if he snaps at you like that again, I plan to personally give him an ass beating for you." Rai smiled as he and Mateo continued ahead with their conversation.

Skyla seemed to be dealing with it pretty well back there with silence, so the atmosphere felt a bit more peaceful up ahead. Just Rai, Mateo, Cora, and...shit, the bird.

Rai yelped in realization as he began to shake his head violently, trying to get the bird to get off his head. His silky white hair flew around violently as the bird held her ground and refused removal.

"Goddamnit!!" Rai yelled. "GET THE HELL OFF MY HEADDD!"

One Day Later....

After a day of traveling later, the group had finally arrived at Luminosa. Rai couldn't believe that it was real. He had hope that it would exist so that they could cure Mateo, but in the back of his mind, he doubted the possibility. But now, they were here. And Mateo's directions and guidance worked out.

At Luminosa, Rai half expected some huge foes to be waiting to squish them into pancakes, but instead there was just a white haired little girl. She seemed to have been waiting for the group's arrival, because once she saw Mateo, she yelled out the name, 'Mattie'.

"Mateo, do you know that girl?" Rai asked, and Skyla did as well.

Before Mateo could explain her to the group, Ashe suddenly shouted out, 'Demon', and took his sear off his back. He seemed to be enraged, and, demon? As far as Rai could see, it was just a little girl.

Skyla tried to calm him down, but Ashe pushed her too the ground and continued yelling at the child. Rai placed his hand on the hilt of his blade as he slowly began to walk towards Ashe.

"Calm down, man." he softly said. "It's just a kid. Not some 'Demon.'

As Ashe continued his tantrum, he pointed his spear at the girl, and to Rai's surprise, Mateo ran in between them and shoved the weapon back. And then, he revealed that she was his friend.

"Mateo, you know her?" Rai asked.

Mateo went on to admit that he had been expecting her, and that he actually met up with her and gave her permission to join them on their trip. He apologized for his actions, and called her a good person. Mateo addressed Ashe and his alarm, and told him made it clear to him that the little girl was staying, and that he'd do whatever was next to make sure that happened

Justine suddenly chimed in and pleaded to her brother, begging that he listened to Mateo. But Ashe wasn't giving, not one bit. It came to the point where he turned his anger to his sister and told she had made a mistake. Right afterwards, he placed a hand on her chest, and Justine suddenly stumbled back and stopped moving. Rai didn't know what happened, but it seemed that he had restricted her movements.

Ashe then approached his restrained sister with his spear, and began to go for the kill. Rai quickly unsheathed his katana and jotled forward in a fast motion. He planned to strike Ashe down with a fast, single cut, but Skyla took control and blocked the Yutani sibling's attack. She saved Justine, and Ashe took a few steps back.

A second later, Rai's eyes widened in shock as he saw Skyla's face. It was a face that seemed impossible for someone as kind as her to have. She was giving Ashe a steely cold glare that overflowed with pure bloodlust. Skyla parried Ashe's attack and slammed the bottom of Mika's lance into his face, sending him stumbling back.

She reprimanded Ashe for trying to kill his own sister, and then told him that he was the one who had made a mistake. Right afterwards, Skyla lifted the Lance upwards, and a chill went down Rai's spine. He realized that she was going for the kill, a move that he never would imagined coming from her since he met her.

But just when she was going to end his life, a butterfly abruptly landed on blade of her Lance, and Skyla seemed to snap of out her bloodlust as she noticed it. Rai sighed in relief and placed a hand on his chest. He couldn't have bared to see her do it. She was too pure for that, or at least, Rai thought she was.

After regaining her senses, Skyla took a few steps back and stood next to Mateo, telling Ashe once again that he wasn't going to hurt the little girl. Justine broke out of her restriction and stood a bit closer to Mateo and Skyla then Ashe, telling her brother that he was not the brother she once knew.

Rai walked forward and stood between his group and Ashe, holding his hand on his katana in a defensive stance towards the man. Small bolts began to form around his body as he charged up an attack, but Rai shook his head and disabled it. Deciding that he wouldn't need his abilites to put down Ashe.

"Last chance, man." Rai announced. "It's..." He looked back at Mateo, Skyla, Justine, and the little girl. "4 against 1. The odds are against you. Just leave the girl alone, alright?"

Code by Serobliss

Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire
A large black bag slammed against Castro's uncomfortable bed as he threw it there, along with some other supplies. Castro was gathering all of his strongest equipment to accompany him as he embarked on what may as well be his last ever adventure. His Lightning Chamber, a small ball that could absorb lightning magic attacks, his Neuro Shields, shields that moved around to Castro's desired position just by him thinking of it, and more of his handmade inventions.

Castro rummaged through one of his stolen drawers and picked up a bunch of scrolls before dropping them all on a table in his room. He looked between a few of them and then grabbed a particular one from the cluster. He opened to blue lined scroll and looked at it's contents. On the paper was a list of things about the Seiryoku Empire. Not just any regular information though. It was a list of the strengths and weaknesses of the empire and its members.

Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire

"We're headed to Heath's throne room." Kaminari explained. "You'll usually find him in there.

As Kaminari and Kumii entered through the gates of the empire, loud cheering suddenly abruptly as the citizens on the city turned and looked their way. People of Asian heritage and backgrounds all smiled at the Shugosha as he gave them all small waves and asked them to clear the way.

"I'm kind of famous around here!" Kaminari said with his voice raised for Kumii to hear him "They'll die down in a few seconds, alright?"

Some of the Seiryoku citizens gasped and cocked their heads as they finally caught a glimpse of Kumii. As Kaminari had anticipated, they filled with excitement and glee as they cleared the way for him. They had only now met him, but they were treating him like a king.

"Chang Soo-Do." Kaminari said. "It's the name of a white haired god with demon like features. He was extremely caring for his people, and granted wishes to those who followed him. Let's just say you resemble him a bit."

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back