• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Redwood Academy Mystery

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Dabria Mackenzie

Dabria chuckled when she was called a lifesaver. It's been a while since the last time she was complimented, and she didn't expect to be complimented in such a way.

"Hello, Ines. My name's Dabria," Dabria said as she completed the handshake. As Dabria became accustomed to Ines' accent, it became clear that Ines was speaking French. Ah, the language of love, or so she had heard. Perhaps Ines could teach her a thing or two, Dabria thought. She was elated when she heard they could become friends.

Dabria said with a grin, "It's great to meet you too. Yeah, we should get a cup of coffee and hang out! Or tea, I don't have any particular taste, milk's okay too, so anything's good, yeah!"

Dabria decided to stop rambling for the sake of not digging a grave of her new friendship. In the past, introduction was something done friend-to-friend, in fact her brothers did all of her introduction. Now that she's in a completely new territory by herself, with no friends or connections, Dabria realized she had to get all of the stuff done by her own accord. A frightening prospect, indeed, but an exciting one nonetheless.

"Anyway," Dabria hoisted her luggage and climbed her way up. When she reached the top, she placed her bags and luggage aside before making her way downstairs. Ines was scrolling through her phone when she saw her.

"Let's get this ... thing up," Dabria said. She rolled her jacket sleeves and tried to lift Ines' luggage. It was heavier than she thought, but she was able to place it between her neck and shoulder before trudging her way up the stairs.

Tags : KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

b180ad4e016d1713039461190c6f40d0.jpg

Ines Stats:
Dorm Room
Mood
Happy
Tags
Dabria RedRoost RedRoost
Ines Xun
Ines smiled widely as she agreed with Dabria's offer of having coffee. "Definitely! I'll pay as thanks to you for helping me with my luggage. I tried to bring as much as I needed. They're mostly filled with my art supplies. They might be heavy, sorry" Ines let out a nervous laugh. Expecting Dabria to take a bit to reach her dorm and come back Ines was caught on her phone when Dabria did come back. Ines quickly put her phone away. Taking her lead and example, Ines picked up her suitcase like Dabria. "By the way," Ines called out to her, "What room are you staying at? I'm in 319 on the third floor."

Careful not to run into anyone going up the stairs, Ines made it to the third floor. "I think I need to go back to jogging every morning..." she announced out of breath, "I'm tired from all of that." Taking the handle from Dabria's hold, she began to wheel over to her dorm, "Thanks again. I can only imagine doing that for both of them on my own. I would have crawled to my room." Finally locating room 319, Ines quickly unlocked her room.

"Wow!" she exclaimed as she entered the room. Two sets of closets lined the entryway in front of the bathroom. Walking further in, she found the pair of beds as they waited to be set up, two more closets at the far wall beside the only window in the room, and two large desks lined the other wall. "This reminds me of school movies back in France!" she recalled and headed to the window. She can make out a bit of the gym building and the endless sea of tall Redwood trees that surrounded the school.

28160.png
C Y R U S - W E B S T E R

"Ah, well, it started as a humble appreciation for history." Cyrus began, still paging through the book, finding it hard to concentrate on sounding collected and being entirely invested in the book at the same time, reaching a point where he was so frustrated he dropped trying to dance around the subject of his interest entirely and answered him, his voice suddenly not as smooth as before,"I like old things, but creepy old things give me an adrenaline rush. I walk into a antique store and I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Similarly, when I find an old estate with a dark history, or a cold case associated, and being there where it all happened. I'm practically on coke." He commented, finding himself more interested than before on the page he just turned to.
"Redwood was shut down? This is, I haven't heard of this yet. I had only been able to search up things on the internet and most of my interest was centered around the city of Amber Falls itself but this is interesting. That would mean it's only been..." Cyrus trailed off, running a hand threw his hair as he was thinking intently. "It's only been opened for twenty or so years now since the closure." He read over the paragraphs again. "How much can really change between then and now, you think?" He said, finally looking up at Kino.
"I wanted to hit it off with a cute local before, but it almost seems imperative now." He said, smiling. If Kino knew he was a history freak, he might as well gather that he has the makings of a playboy as well.
14660.png
M A N N Y - C A S T R O

Manny nodded, listening to Ven. There was a definite contrast between the two of them, one could tell by just stepping in there and seeing the difference in their belongings. With Ven's bright and halfway proper clothing and the dark hoodies, graphic tees, ripped or worn pants, not to mention the current pair of converse he had on his feet were stained and the canvas beginning to tear away from the seams on the shoe. Getting more involved with his conversation with Ven, Manny took a break from packing and moved his cup of coffee onto the desk, and then sat on the edge of the desk he claimed, propping his feet up on the chair that went with the set. He took a sip of coffee, listening to his roommate talk. "You just gotta own it, I guess." He didn't really have much to say on it, he was pretty bad at "owning it" himself. He fidgeted his feet, when he realized something Ven had said right before that. "There is a huge difference between east coast and west coast rappers, you know, so I totally understand that- I guess, I meant to ask this earlier, where are you from?" Manny asked, setting his coffee down on the desk.

Last edited:
Ventus Karasu

kyousuke-jpg.454050

Ven sat down on his bed and looked a bit embarrassed scratching his face nervously with his index. He seemed to still not hold much confidence around the new boy as well himself, so this was rather akward for him. He seemed to look over his clothes a bit self conciously and wondered if changing would be for the better looking through his clothes.
Did they wear a certain conduct? Should he have dressed better? Did he look innapropriate?

"Um..M-Manny right? Do I look...foolish? Should I change?" he asked shyly as if Manny's opinion was the highest one he could get right now in terms of approval. He was clearly quite shy about the situation his face reddening a bit as he tugged his shirt a little nervously. Self esteem didn't exactly ooze out of the young artist, which would be something to keep in mind for future reference. "I-I know it's a foolish question..I just..don't want to come off as someone foolish or..be embarrassed." he said looking around suddenly more red. "Wait. Would I change in here?! Are we supposed to?! Or are their rooms?!" he asked a bit panicked.

It took a moment for Ventus to think after his moment of embarrassment, but he noticeably looked a bit nervous hearing the question about home. "Oh? I-I'm from Italy initially. Venice." he said softly moving some hair from his face.

Miracle Corgi Miracle Corgi

Last edited:
14660.png
M A N N Y - C A S T R O

"Huh, well, I'm from Dallas, Texas if you know where that is," Manny started, his eyes a little widened after watching Ven get that nervous. He wasn't the best with emotions, or advice, or anything really. But, he was mediocre and all that matters is that you try. "Italy? That's cool, I'm like, okay well my pops is Mexican, but his dad was Spanish and maybe a little Italian?" He trailed off, trying to give himself some thinking time on how to respond to all of Ven's inquiries. "My mom is white, so you'd think I'd end up being more light skinned but uh, nah." He joked, looking down at his tanned arms. "Anyway, that's cool, you're from Italy. That's cool. I don't know much about Italian rap." He nodded. Manny was bad with emotions and calming people down, but he figured his tangent gave both parties enough time to breathe. He exhaled, deciding to finally address all of the earlier questions, "Yeah, we lucked out and bathrooms are not communal, which is a total life saver, but I honestly don't care if you want to change in front of me. That's your call I guess, but yeah the bathroom's like, right there." Manny said, pointing to the corner off the room. "Uh, so, there's not much leeway with the uniform but I will say if you want to change up your look..." Manny trailed off, cupping his hand with his chin, he was never exceptionally close with his siblings, but he tried to think of what his older brother would do in the situation. "Let me check out what you got." Manny said, getting up from the desk and walking over to the folded wardrobe. He turned to look at Ventus and realized just how short the dude was and cracked a smile, he was half a head taller than him but Manny wasn't typically used to that up. He crossed his arms, smiling to himself and looking back down at Ven's clothing.

"The shorts are cool, but I'd say if you're like, you know trying to give a shit about how you look you could pair it with a button down and it'll come together better." Manny was suddenly questioning all of his masculinity as that sentence came out of his mouth. "You seem like the kind of guy that'd dig patterns, floral button downs are pretty big right now, pair it with some khaki shorts and you have something there." Manny shrugged, "You're fine though, I mean as long as you like what you wear and I don't know, I'm sorta bad at this, man." He replied, raising his eyebrows. "There's like, three billion artsy girls here, they probably know more than me and could like, get you to model for them or something, I don't know." He joked, rolling his eyes as he plopped down on his bed and bent his arms behind his head. "My advice is to chill out, dude. If someone has a problem with your clothes there shallow as hell, tell them to take a hike and find someone else to pick on." He said, closing his eyes and sinking into his pillow. He couldn't even take his own advice, but man he was really playing it cool right now. So cool. Self image issues? You got the wrong guy here, obviously. Haha. Not him.

Ventus Karasu

kyousuke-jpg.454050

Ventus perked his ears and nodded at the place knowing the name, but not too much otherwise. "Dallas...I've heard of it. Very warm." he said softly having pulled his knees close to his chest resting his arms on it, and his chin upon the arms. "My Mother is Italian through and through..My Father was a French man. He had run away with her during their youth..back to our home in Sicily. They fell in love and..well you're looking at the product." he said noticeably or more so shockingly tearing up. Was he upset? He looked like the subject was very important, but mentioning his Father was very hard. "Papa passed away before I started here. My art took..a very dark turn until my Mother helped me..she's an artist too." he explained looking away.

Wiping his eyes, as if a feeble attempt to make sure Manny wouldn't comment on it, he listened about the clothing advice and seemed to take it in stride. Adding about the Italian rap, Ventus mentioned "Rap is..delinquent back at home. It's not very welcome with the company it keeps." At the comment of modeling, imagining modelling only made Ventus more tense as modeling for a lot of famous architecture or paintings normally had the models nude, or next to nude regardless of it being for clothes in his case.

"I..I thank you for the advice." he said softly standing and bowing. "You are too kind." he added and looked sheepish kicking the floor. He never did mention siblings and for a good reason considering the young Italian was an only child. He never felt what it be like to have an older, protective sibling or a young sibling to spoil and embarrass. "I hope we can become close." he said kindly closing his eyes with an contented smile, a tear running from the left side of his cheek. Again, he wiped his face trying to hide a nature he rather not get into with Manny. With how brave or courageous Ventus thought him to be with how kind as well, showing him how emotional or how easy he was to make cry really wasn't intended. Not on the first day, how could you tell someone you barely met you were a huge crybaby? And at 15?! Not Ventus. At least, not intentionally.

Last edited:
Raven have a nice smile and said the she didn't need help with her stuff, so Blake smiled back and sat back on the bed. Raven then pulled one of the bags and started slowly unpacking and explaining that she was new here to which Blake replied "yes, me too.. I randomly picked this spot but if you are interested in it I can move to the other side."

The Raven asked about Blake's opinion of the place " nice and cool for now, but I just arrived so I didn't have the time to explore yet" Blake replied. Blake was thinking about exploring the area hoping to find her own spot to go to other than her room. she used to live next to a forest when she was young and she used to climb a high tree and spend hours there reading or thinking, or even just enjoing the view. so that's what was next on her list.

Raven was excited about exploring the place too, but Blake felt that she wanted an adventure rather than a spot hunt, and she thought that she would be interested in joining too. of course Blake did her research about the Academy after Saje - her new 'step-mom'- mentioned a girl disappearing few years back, but she didn't want to say anything to Raven because she didn't think that it was that serious.

Raven was now finished unpacking the first bag and open the other, Blake noticed the neatly organized art supplies in the bag and couldn't help but be impressed by them. " wow, nice stuff you have here, I'm and artist's roommate, that's cool" Blake said with a smile

WednesdayAddams WednesdayAddams

Dabria Mackenzie

Lady Fortune smiled upon her once more. In fact, she felt like Lady Fortune had been watching over her since this morning, when her mother pointed at Ines who turned out to be her roommate as well. What a great way to start off the year. It's making her all giddy, which was sorta dangerous because she couldn't afford toppling down the stairs and be crushed by Ines' art supplies. Speaking of which, this luggage was slowly killing her shoulder and neck.

"Room 319. S-sweet, we're gonna be roomies," Dabria said in a strained voice. She really shouldn't have put this much pressure on her shoulder. Oh well, the top wasn't that much far off. Dabria hurried her pace and carefully placed the luggage as soon as she reached it. Dabria turned and twisted her shoulder, producing a crackling sound from her sore joint. If Ines really intended to jog every morning, perhaps she should join, as she felt her stamina had been dropping to the low since she moved to Amber Falls.

Dabria handed the luggage to Ines as she chortled at Ines' exaggeration even though she wouldn't completely disagree. She would've crawled too, in a less elegant manner obviously.

They quickly reached room 319. Her bags and luggage were just outside the door. She had left them in a hurry. Ines had unlocked the door, thankfully, so she was able to shove them in without extra effort.

Dabria glanced at Ines who was admiring the room and the view. The french girl appeared to be in excitement, and it was quite infectious. Dabria chuckled for the umpteenth time.

"God, I need to stop doing that," she thought, "One more laugh and I'll turn into the Joker."

Dabria set her luggage and sports bag at the foot of the nearest bed, and her laptop case at the work desk across. Dabria took off her jacket and hanged it in one of the closet in front of the bathroom.

"So, you came from France, huh?" Dabria said, "Sounds like a great place. The land of love and wine and, uhh, baguette??"

Dabria paused. Baguette was the French bread.

"Well, not the baguette. Sorry for sputtering it out like that. A bad habit of mine." Dabria said.

Dabria pulled out her laptop. It had a sleek, lightweight design and its specification were perfect for games.

Dabria began setting up her workspace.

"Why did you decide to study ... here?" Dabria asked, "France is really far away.."

Last edited:

MiPrwNn_d.jpgtumblr_nji85m3bmi1qla6e4o1_1280.jpg
winter_by_kr0npr1nz-d8943ox.jpgm1k4G4z_d.jpg

Cara Cara
"Nah, I can make do with this spot. That's alright. Thank you though." It was really nothing to care about in Raven's mind. After all, a bed is a bed. She was just happy to have a place to lay her head at night. It could be worse. Then again, everything could always be worse.

Raven listened to her explain that she had just arrived so she hadn't been able to look around yet. The girl nodded, "Same here, obviously." She said with a small laugh as she unpacked, "I'll probably just go look around when I get done with unpacking." After all, she did want to paint for a bit and get her mind off everything.

Painting had always been a way for her to relax, show her deep feelings and not the very rash feelings she always acted on. Raven ran her hand through her long hair with a sigh, while thinking to herself about how she really needed to learn how to think before acting. After all, that is what got her parents upset at her.

A soft hum came from the girl while Blake praised her for being an artist. A grin then made it to her face, "Yeah! I love painting and drawing. It's just...such a magical way to feel." She said while her finger ran over the side of a canvas, that was on her bed, for a moment. She placed her shoes against the wall next to the door, easy access. Then put her large rolling suitcase next to the backpack that had been thrown against the wall. Just to take up less space, Raven picked up the backpack and placed it on top of the suitcase.

Time to paint! Raven smiled softly at her roommate, "I'm gonna go paint now. I'll probably be either on the roof, painting the sky or at the front of the school, painting the landscape." She told her, in case her roommate either wanted to join her or simply meet up with her later. Either way, Raven was okay with it.

Raven explained about her love of art and then excused herself to go paint, she also told Blake that she would be either on the roof or at the front of the school which suggested that she didn't mind company "I will go out to explore too, I may end up visiting you" Blake nodded. she liked Raven, and thought that they will get a long well.

Blake took her Ipod and book, and went outside after saying goodbye to Raven, 'first stop.. the cafeteria' Blake thought and headed to get herself a something to drink. the main common area was crowded now, she saw some students with a bag or two heading to their dorms, and others just hanging around.. everyone talking and whispering. arriving to the cafeteria she took a cup of coffee and headed to find herself a spot.

she put her headphones in her ear and played 'the diary of jane' by breaking benjamin. she went back to the maine common area and stood in the middle looking around. ' I can start behind the girls dorms and head towards the pool' she thought then started walking again. she was a good swimmer and she loved being underwater. so as long as there was a pool, she was sure that her tree will be near it, she just took the long walk instead of going there directly.

few minutes later, she was on top of one of the trees behind the pool appreciating the view " I'm so predictable " she shrugged closing her Ipod and opening her book again. she didn't mind company really, but she wasn't good at meeting new people, ever since her mom died, she felt like she was intruding on people, that is why she prefered a book for now.

14660.png
M A N N Y - C A S T R O

Manny was still stretched across his bed when Ven was talking about his father, but his eyes opened when he mentioned that his father had passed away, his chest sudden felt a pang of emotion, but also distress. His first thought was to get off emotional topics immediately, he couldn't handle talking about it, he wasn't the best with comforting people and unless he was backed in a corner or felt like he had to, he wasn't going to put his arm around someone and say something to remedy their emotional state. While Ven continued about delinquents in Italy, Manny realized just how bad he was with sensitive topics given the fact that he tensed up quick. He also realized every time he ended up changing the conversation when his ex-girlfriend tried to talk about her emotional baggage over the phone last year. That's probably why she cheated, wasn't it? A wave of guilt rushed over him, a slow chill sweeping across his body. He felt as if his chest cavity was hollow, and he sat up on his bed as he looked over at Ventus. He could actually see the guy's face now, and it didn't make things any easier.

In fact, despite the newfound revelation about how terrible of a friend and a boyfriend he was, Manny still couldn't bring himself to be a good person and fell back into his old ways. "Sorry about your uh, everything you said, uh." He began, trying his best. He exhaled, shaking his head and looking at Ven directly, "We uh have all year together, don't sweat it. I'm not going anywhere." He was stumbling through his words. "We'll be tight - we're tight," he concluded, nodding his head. He knew a good person would then follow it up, despite them only knowing each other for a while, and a model human would then say, "Let me know if you need to talk, I'm here for you," but Manny did not say that, instead, he did what he has always done in the past. Getting out of the situation or changing the subject.

"You wanna, get out of here or something? See the campus? Or like, just get out of the dorm room?" Manny pulled himself off his bed and started towards the door.

Ven Hopeful Youth Ven Hopeful Youth

Ines Stats:
Dorm Room
Mood
Happy
Tags
Dabria RedRoost RedRoost
Ines Xun
"This is great!" Ines exclaimed, "We not only get to be friends but roommates as well!" She opened up one of her suitcases which had a thin scarf tied around the handle. It was the one that had most of her makeup, some of her clothes, but most importantly her electronics. Placing her laptop and drawing tablet on the other desk, and returning to her suitcase to collect her make up to also place on her desk. As she worked to set up she laughed at Dabria's comment as she agreed, "Yup, but I would say it was more the land of love, fashion, and adventure since I lived in Paris. Baguettes are a thing there, but I personally like Macaroons."

Opening up the next suitcase, she pulled out her art supplies and leaned then up near her desk. "I came to Amber Falls because my father wanted to come back to the states. Mama was more than happy to follow Papa where ever he goes," she explained, "As much as I wanted to stay in France with my friends, I also wanted to return to my birthplace. So, we packed up and came to Aber Falls. A small quiet town, since Papa wanted a quiet place to live compared to the city life of Paris. I would have gone to a public school but they were going to push me back a year, but Mama found Redwood and registered me."

Pausing with her unpacking she looked over to Dabria, "So what's your story? Why come to Redwood Academy?" Getting up from the ground, she sat on the bed in front of her desk, not wanting to bother with her mountain of clothes she will more than likely hardly wear due to their uniform. 'I'll work on that slowly...' she thought.

Ventus Karasu

kyousuke-jpg.454050

Ventus saw the immediate changing behavior of Manny, immediately taking it the wrong way imagining this was his fault. He saw pain, guilt, and potential memories dragged out all because of his emotional little moment there. This was all going wrong. He was never used to opening to anyone other than his Mother since she was all he had, being rather reclusive in an art studio does that to someone. Painting, living, painting, living, that's how his life had been for a long time before he ever thought of the academy. Or anything for that matter.

"I-I appreciate your sentiment." he merely said about the idea of being "tight" as the other young man referred that term not used alot in Italy. Or at least where he was from. However, Manny's attitude change and his sweeter words really did get to Ventus clearly touched, a hand moving to his chest as he turned a little on his bed. He was content to hear such words and glad they were genuine. He wasn't used to such without the accompaniment of family or without music. Much to the Italian's surprise, he felt the opposite of what Manny felt, a warm almost hot feeling of shame yet comfort.

"I-I wouldn't mind a little walk with you. To see campus." he said quietly seeming to agree and following shyly his hands en-clasped just under his rear. He seemed a bit sheepish still his pace slow, yet with a bit of a sway to his hips. He had an air of almost naivete to him.

MiPrwNn_d.jpgtumblr_nji85m3bmi1qla6e4o1_1280.jpg
m1k4G4z_d.jpgwinter_by_kr0npr1nz-d8943ox.jpg
"Catcha later!" Raven said casually before watching as the girl left the room before she did. A small sigh escaped her lips, well at least she got along with her roommate. That's a plus so far. The girl shoved her pencils and other drawing supplies into the bag with her paint and pain brushes and then zipped it back up.

Once she was done, she grabbed her skinny canvas and tucked it under her arm while that hand held the baggie full of art things. She then exited the room as well. Using her free hand to open the door and close it behind her. Raven then headed down the stairs, 'Why's there so many stairs in this place?' The girl thought to herself when she finally reached the bottom of the stairs. She reajusted her art supplies, while glancing around.

She was never really good at just walking up to people and talking, but when she does talk to someone it's like she was never nervous to begin with. As she entered the common area she glanced around, people looking. As if picking out whom she felt like she could get along with. After a while she let out a small sigh and as if giving up she simply walked over to the vending machines and pulled out her wallet with her free hand and shoved some money in the machine. She chewed lightly on her lower lip, trying to decide what she wanted. Finally, she just went with a bag of sour skittles.

But of course, with her luck, it got stuck on it's way out. She stared at it blankly for a minute before allowing a pout to take over her lips, "Damnit, man!" She huffed softly before trying to shake the machine a little bit, trying to get the skittles to wiggle free.

(I had a brain fart lol I didn't know what to write.)

Last edited:
14660.png
M A N N Y - C A S T R O

Manny nodded, feeling like a walk was just what he needed, or some sort of distraction. He'd have to think about his commitment issues and his faults as a human some other time when he was alone, but he also didn't want to just shake off Ven after he dropped an emotional bomb like that. "Any places in particular you want to check out? As long as we can get out of this building for a while, I feel like I haven't really gotten some air in a while and unpacking makes the room hella cramped." He was rambling out of nerves, walking towards the door out of their dorm room and taking in a deep breath. As soon as he crossed the frame and into the hall, his demeanor changed a hair. His shoulders slumped a bit more, his posture suffering. If you knew your social cues and body language well, you could easily pick the difference and see that Manny was immediately more closed off and uncomfortable.

The young man walked down the hall, his arms now crossed over his chest as he walked. It wasn't before long that Manny had walked down the stairs and out the front door, he didn't notice how fast he was walking up until he stopped to look around at the common area before them and looking to see if Ven had followed him. He was getting too lost in his thoughts, he had to calm down. He kicked his foot, fidgeting about where to go and wondering if he could calm down. It wasn't like what Ven said or his realization that was freaking him out at this point, but rather wondering if something else would come up and he'd have to react better next time. He had to shake those thoughts, he'd have to learn how to be compassionate at some point. He threw his arms over his head stretching, trying to relieve some of the tension he built up while overthinking things. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a figure struggling with a vending machine and smirked, at least he wasn't in their shoes right now.

Ventus Karasu

kyousuke-jpg.454050

Ventus followed behind Manny making sure the door was closed and looking more pouty than he wanted. He had thought his emotional little moment made Manny uncomfortable still and didn't seem to want to let it go. "Umm..I suppose the courtyard? I do have a weakness for flowers. Maybe a butterfly or two." he said snickering a little having fond memories of gardening, even though he really had no talent for it. He just liked the colors, the imagery, the scents, and apparently the butterflies which he fancied paintings after. That was also peculiar, the boy never really brought out too much art supplies when he unpacked. Maybe he put them aside and hid them? Maybe he didn't bring any? It was odd. Ventus noticed the body language frowning a bit and wondered to himself. "Che Palle...What can I do to cheer him up? I've got to do something.." he wondered thinking of a way with his index to his mouth.

Ventus noticed he had walked decently ahead trying to briskly make a small dash, yelping and bumping into his back. After a brief moment of stunned distortion and a shake of the head, Ven practically jumped like he saw a snake and looked flush. "Gah! I'm sorry! That didn't hurt you did it?!" he asked looking overly worried. There was that cluelessness again, but more so in terms of him and his level of worry. Ven clearly took things a tad but too seriously, and that's stretching it by just saying "tad?". The young Italian clearly distressed groaned a little expecting a harsh reply, but noticed the distressed individual as well his attention diverted. Seems he finally came into notice at the other student as well wondering they would need assistance, but politely waiting for a response from Manny before just brushing off the person he pretty much akwardly walked into.

Dabria Mackenzie

"It's not grand," Dabria said, "Have been living here in Amber Falls since I was, what, twelve? With my mother. Redwood Academy is just an offhand choice, y'know. It's close and it's a good place to escape from my mom since it's a boarding school. Gets kinda tiresome with her, she nags a lot. Haha." She placed her Logitech mouse on the mouse pad, right beside her closed laptop. Rummaging the case for her syntax cheat sheet only to find her headphones with its tangled cables, Dabria lay down her luggage and unlocked it before diving into her clothes to resume her search.

"So, Mom went nuts at first," Dabria said with a shrug, "But that an appropriate reaction, I guess, given this school's history with..." Dabria cursed under her breath and bit her lip. She couldn't find the syntax list, not even after making a low ridge of piled clothes on the floor. Dabria briefly eyed the piles of clothes, but decided to get back in the conversation first. Distractions tend to let her mouth run on without filters, and Dabria was aware that she had almost let out an alarming piece of information that may instill unrest in her new friend. While she wasn't especially worried about Redwood Academy's history of missing student, others may find it frightening. Ines seemed really excited from the minute she entered this school, and she didn't really want to ruin that the first day.

Dabria scratched her ear as she laughed at a made-up memory she just conjured, "So, my mother was a student of Redwood Academy. They had a trip. A camping trip. They used to do that." Dabria stepped across the clothes and sat on the other bed, facing Ines, "Apparently, they didn't bring enough bug repellent for everyone. Mom always had a thing for ... mosquitoes... but hey, there's nothing she could do about it. The mosquitoes in the woods were nasty, she killed one then ten more appeared. She was able to sleep only by covering herself in a thick blanket from head to toes. The next morning, she woke up to a centipede sitting on her nose."

At this point, her laugh was no more than a mask for her nervousness.

Dabria took a deep breath, "Yeah, it was a traumatizing experience. Redwood Academy has a history of bad camping trips. So bad that the headmaster abolished it." Eyebrows scrunched, Dabria wondered if this was the right thing to do. To keep Ines in the dark.

"There's no point giving her anxiety over the past. It's been years since one of the Herriots disappeared. And this school doesn't cut corners when it comes to security." Dabria thought. She remembered eavesdropping when the locals were gossiping among themselves. Emilia Herriot, she recalled. Still an unsolved case to this date.

"I managed to have an agreement with my mother. I'm allowed to attend Redwood Academy, under several conditions. Call her every weekends, no late night gaming, make friends. With everyone. Especially girls. It's silly," Dabria snorted, "Well, that's my story."

Dabria lifted her clothes to the bed. She wasn't much of a person with high fashion, her clothes mostly consisted of casual shirts and jeans, only distinguishable by their color and printed design. Her mother had bought her a few more ... juicy ones, but it didn't appeal to her, they were too embarrassing to wear, so she left them at home. Dabria stashed her clothes into the closets in front of the bathroom. She considered trading the one she's wearing now, a white shirt with a picture of a gray cat embedded on it, for another shirt.

Nah.

"Hey, Ines?" Dabria said, "I'm gonna check out the common area. Wanna tag along? It's cool if you don't want to though, carrying that luggage must've been exhausting."

Last edited:

View attachment 454380
Cole's Stats:
Mood:
bla
Tags:
Julius KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Cole Herriot Cole looked to Julius and simply placed a hand on his cousin's shoulder, trying to reassure him as much as possible. Even at this level of family, Cole viewed Julius as his best friend anyways. So, he simply suggested that they might get exactly what they need this year. Whether it's only a single lead or something even more, it has to show up this year. Cole then took out his phone and began scrolling through his pictures, looking at what they did have. It... really wasn't too much, but a lot of it reflected upon how shut off most the staff was about this situation. Even a few videos of them being completely blown off.

Not the best of his ideas but something had to still be there. It was all captured.

Cole simply continued, not playing the audio as he tried to find something worth review. Perhaps Cynthia could watch how certain one's talked over the others...
(Mobile post ftw)

Ines Stats:
Heading to the Common Area
Mood
Excited
Tags
Dabria RedRoost RedRoost
Ines Xun
Ines listened quietly to what Dabria had to say as she sat cross-legged on the foot of her bed. It felt like she was a kid again, listening to a friend's life. It had been so long since she had to make new friends, and she was glad that Dabria was her first. "I get that," Ines agreed to Dabria's mother's thoughts on her staying away from home, "My Mama was actually excited for me since she also went to a boarding school back in France. As for my Papa, he was not happy because I would be, way to close to the boys. He's so embarrassing sometimes..."

Hearing the camping disaster, Ines went from hopeful eyes of finally getting the chance to go camping, to disappointed. It didn't last long once Dabria brought up the Mosquitos. "You got me at camping," Ines laughed, "I've actually never been, but after you brought up the Mosquitos, I will have to go with a big fat no." Laughing a bit at the thought of herself going camping. She would more than likely be the girl with the insect spray, spraying every second of the way. "I'm not a huge bug fan..." she laughed at herself.

She was about to return to her suitcase until she was saved by the offer her roommate made. "YES!" Ines exclaimed, way to excited, but quickly recovered, "I mean, yeah. Anything that would distract me from putting my clothes away for a while." She got out off her bed as she reached in her opened suitcases and pulled out her brown small satchel bag. "I'm ready whenever you are ready to go," she announced as she waited for Dabria to lead the way.

c27295d3894e69ccacab313b84e9cd4d.jpg

Julius Stats:
Lounge Area in the Main Common Area Building
Mood
Cautious
Tags
Cole DrBezendrine DrBezendrine
Julius Herriot
Julius stood beside his cousin, Cole, as he nodded his gratitude for him being with him during his mission of finding out the truth. Crossing his arms, looking around to catch sight of his other cousins, Cinthia, he eventually looked back at Cole as he noticed he was going through his phone of images of what they have found so far. It wasn't much was it game-changing, but it was evidence none the less.

As he watched him go through his gallery, he noticed he begin to go through videos. Taking a glance around them he nudged his cousin before saying, "I don't think it's wise to go through the videos while out in public, even if it's muted, Cole." He gave the room another glace around as he kept an eye out for Cinthia. After a few minutes, he finally broke and asked, "What's taking Cinthia so long to come down and meet up with us?"

096487ae02d92d086abac66df14e7137--anime-motivational-posters-green-eyes.jpg
Cynthia's Stats:
Mood:
bla
Tags:
Julius KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Cynthia HerriotRight down the steps of the Girl's Dorm, she flew outside and towards the other building. She hesitated at the door, but swiftly moved inside and headed towards the lounge where she spotted Cole and Julius already waiting. Figures, Cynthia knew she took her time to actually meet up. Exhaling, she moved into the room and gave them both a small smile. "Okay, so sorry I'm late, first thing. Secondly, Julius I missed you a lot!" Cynthia ran up to him and gave her favorite cousin a hug. Cole also decided to put his phone away and join in on this hug, smiles to all their faces.

As soon as she pulled away, Cynthia then looked at Julius with worried, but hopeful eyes. "So how did the summer go? Did you get any closer?" Cole looked to Cynthia, then to Julius, the same look in his eyes. "We've honestly been worried, as you could have guessed but... Well, now we're back! We can help again. Plus... Three Herriot's staying the summer at this school could have arose some suspicion." Her voice lowered by several numbers as she kept speaking.

She sighed quickly and sat back next to her twin, looking at Julius. "S-Sorry... Let's just start with this year's plan, hm?"

14660.png
M A N N Y - C A S T R O
It was almost like karma itself hit Manny on the back. As soon as he thought, "what a loser!" lightheartedly to himself as he watched a student struggle with a vending machine, the impact happened. It really wouldn't have been a big deal at all, except just as it did happen he was exhaling, causing him to blurt out a "Huh!" in response, his voice cracking at the very start of his outburst all thanks to the joys of puberty. His eyes squinted, mortified that he was so caught off guard he made a noise, but it completely distracted him from his shortcomings as a human being and gave him something else to worry about. He looked around, it wasn't exceptionally loud but if you were in the vicinity it was noticeable. That's what you get for laughing at someone else, he thought to himself, before straightening up and reassuring himself he didn't care about anyone here, and he most definitely would not care at all who heard his voice crack. He turned around to look at Ven, raising his eyebrows as he noticed how hurriedly he was apologizing for literally just bumping into him. "Hurt me? I've been mortally wounded, the disks in my spine have been completely shifted." His tone was dry and deadpan, but he didn't want Ven to take it the wrong way even then and patted his shoulder nonchalantly.

Manny then turned away, checking out the full 360 view of the area between the commons and the dorms, he sighed, "It looks like everyone is a little stir crazy right now." He said aloud, in reference to it being populated by students still. "Here's hoping it'll actually be quieter when school starts."

Ventus Karasu

kyousuke-jpg.454050

Ventus covered his mouth looking a bit upset, and frowning after recovering from his little moment of fear and adrenaline. Unfortunately, he looked a bit put off by the now dry and emotional lacking tone from Manny. He wasn't expecting that kind of response, but he nodded anyway. "Yes...sorry." he said softly looking at the floor and kicking his one foot shyly. He didn't need to provoke Manny any further than he imagined he already had, a sense of both dread and shame filled him making his face hot. To him, Manny was to be looked up to, and to have him be so disappointed now was rather sudden and unfortunate for the young Italian. He looked almost like a kid that just got scolded, mind you Ventus really struggled to live in a mature looking way as it, to his mother at least, "suppressed his creativity and healthy growing affection of art." So he always remained childish in more of a sake of not caring if people considered him immature, but merely sticking to the roots he had as a aspiring artist all the way to being accepted to this academy.

Ventus noticed the more crowded area of students looking a bit on edge. He just learned how to be some what cordial with one student, now this? He was beginning to regret leaving the room, especially now in his minor state of mind being in disrepair. "I..I suppose." he said quietly agreeing in a sense about the quietness of the school now tarnished and filled with other students and their different voices, looks, and everything else.

c27295d3894e69ccacab313b84e9cd4d.jpg

Julius Stats:
Lounge Area in the Main Common Area Building
Mood
Cautious
Tags
Cole & Cynthia DrBezendrine DrBezendrine
Julius Herriot
Julius smiled as soon as he saw his cousin Cynthia. He laughed as she hugged him, with Cole the following suit. "I missed you too, Cynthia," he said, pulling away from the two, "Come one, let's sit and chat. Tomorrow will be the start of school and the start of us going back in the hunt." Julius walked over to a round table with four chairs in the far corner. Once they were all seated, he shrugged at Cynthia's question. "As eventful as it was during the last Christmas party we spent trying to stay away from our clingy aunt," he explained with a sigh.

Leaning forward on the table as he crossed his arms in front of him, Julius hung his head. "Even with the lack of teachers being around, I was still unable to get around without being stopped and asked more questions than I had lies..." he explained, "The Couches have been very diligent in keeping an eye on me... Being the fact that I decided to not go on the trip the headmaster gave the fencing team. Other then the lack of access, nothing new came up." Julius sighed, clearly tired from the cat and mouse games he had to go through during the summer.

When Cynthia popped the question about the plan, he straightened up but kept close to whisper, "We might need to confront some of the teachers..." With a sigh, he continued, "The couches are new so they might not have much information to benefit us. The Dean and Headmaster are to close to confront... The nurse is also new. The councilors seem too talented in hiding secrets so they might be harder to crack. As for the teachers... I don't know about them."

" HOW?? WHY??.... what?" Blake blinked many times after reading the last chapter of her book three times in a row.. she spend the " how could you?? I can't believeit" she sighed then went down the tree, she didn't know how long she was up there but that book was amazing. she thought she could find Raven and then go grab a snack or something.
she also wondered about her classes.. what were her classes? 'I probably should find out about that too' she thought " ugh I hate classes" she sighed kicking a small rock.

Dabria Mackenzie
The neverending sky composed a blue mantle, graced by soft floating clouds of diverse, some indescribable, shapes and sizes. As the almighty sun claimed its throne, blessing the world with its bright warm light, the main common area building stood tall ahead of Dabria. She, with Ines, entered the building. Curiosity fueled Dabria as she glanced around. She had been itching to know what this school would provide to its student other than classes and teachers, and the common area was the best place to start. But off course, what's a public place without people. The common area was made lively by an amount of students, talking amongst themselves and doing their own thing.

One of students was having a fight with a vending machine. Those wicked box of snacks had denied Dabria her paid munchies once, she recalled the fresh feeling of betrayal when she was a naïve child who was unknowing towards the malevolent nature of vending machines. Dabria learnt a way around that, courtesy to her brother, although another dime was required to unstuck the snack. Not a complete waste of dime as she did get double munchies.

"Oh well, that's unfortunate," Dabria said, "Do you think we should help her? I swear, soon or later, that thing's gonna fall on her with all that shaking."
KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back