• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Redwood Academy Mystery

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

KarenAKAMint

It's not me until I pull on a few heartstrings.
ec22c19972df5f1e49b9cd3d638a04db.jpg
The Redwood Academy Mystery - Pre Arc 1:
Student Introductions
Redwood Academy, home to the most prestigious families and future world changers. Oh, so it seems on the surface. To many residences in Amber Fall, that have lived there for generations, they know of the past events that live within the walls of the prep-school. The sudden case of the Freshman, Emilia Herriot, going missing during her school year caused the past to rise to the surface. For the past four years after the new case, Headmaster Barret had made sure to show that his school is safe and secured. Which bring us to the present.

It's the 25th year the Academy was reopened by Headmaster Barret. Student and Staff are slowly making their return back to the school as they welcome the new school year and freshmen. A banner outside the school gate welcomes them with a message reading, "Welcome Back to Redwood Academy. May this year be fulfilling than the last." The Councilors, Dean and Headmaster welcome everyone with smiles and guide freshmen to their dorms. Some students from the past year had decided to stay in the dorms during the summer break, due to living abroad or out of state, walked about the school campus and common area as they enjoy their last day off before classes begin the next day.

Time to meet your fellow schoolmates and roommates before the start of the school year.

Last edited:

c27295d3894e69ccacab313b84e9cd4d.jpg

Julius Stats:
Lounge Area in the Main Common Area Building
Mood
Relaxed
Tags
N/A​
Julius HerriotWith the new school year starting, Julius had to cut his search to a halt. It was bad enough that he was looking in places he shouldn't when the Headmaster was around, but with new students coming into the Academy, be didn't want to grab anyone's attention. He was running out of time before he would graduate and he was nowhere close to figuring out what happened to his sister. His younger sibling had made it clear that they would not be attending the Academy, which he couldn't blame them for it. He was just so determined to figure out what happened to Emilia. One minute she was happy on the phone and then the calls ended which followed with the announcement of her disappearance. It didn't add up, that was why Julius was so determined to figure it out.

He closed his dorm door and headed down to the Common Area to just hang out. He had to make the staff think he was fine and not sticking his nose in places he shouldn't be. Instead of going home with his cousins after the end of last year, he decided to stay at the Academy. As he walked past new and old faces, he smiled and greeted them. He was pretty much a famous face from his constant need to know everyone, even if it was only their name. Even as he passed his teammates, they clapped each other's back, welcoming each other back to school.

Making it to the cafeteria in the Common area, he ordered himself a drink and moved over to one of the many couches that littered the Lounge Area. "Hey, Julius," he heard a voice call out to him. Turning to see the 21-year-old senior, Henry Lieberman, Julius couldn't help smile at the man. "Yo," Julius called out, getting up and clapping the man's hand with a snap at the end, "How was your summer man! It better have been better than mine, since I decided to stay behind this year." Henry nodded, his smile growing wider, "It was amazing. You should have gone with the fencing team. It was a summer to remember!"

"Good to hear," Julius said with a sigh. As a reward for the fencing team's win, they were given a week in Hawaii, but he had to sacrifice his vacation to keep looking for clues. "Why are you hanging out in the lounge area? You should be out there making face. Isn't that like your thing? Meeting everyone, in order to know their names?" Henry laughed. Julius returned the laugh as he shrugged, "Taking a well-needed break with coffee. You know me, always staying up late at night to game. Need to caffeine up before I start greeting everyone and maybe annoy enough people to make enemies."

b180ad4e016d1713039461190c6f40d0.jpg

Ines Stats:
At the front gate
Mood
Excited
Tags
N/A​
Ines XunThe Xuns were following the train of cars that were heading toward Redwood Academy. Ines listened to her parents as they spoke to her in French, going over several rules they put into play for her. Calling every other night to make sure how she was doing, keep her grades up, no boys, stay out of trouble, and once again, no boys. That was more her father then her mother talking on behalf of boys, but Ines just nodded and laughed as they spoke. This will be the first time she will not have her parents around for a long while. Of course, she can take a cab or uber to visit them on weekends, but it didn't change the fact that she will be away from them.

"Look, Papa! Mama!" she called out to them, "It's so pretty!" Ines pointed out to the academy that sat before them as they began to pull up to the parking lot just outside the front gates. Once the car was parked and turned off, Ines didn't wait a single moment before rushing out of the car and heading to the gates. Turning her back to the building, she struck a pose before taking a selfie. Once she had taken a few pictures, she walked back to her parents as she typed away on her phone. She was sending her friends back in France the best of the few pictures and texting, 'I made it to Redwood! I'll keep you posted as I go! Miss you guys!'

"Our baby is growing up so fast," Mrs. Xun announced, in her thick French accent, to her husband as she took his arm, "We are finally letting her leave the nest." Ines looked up from her phone as she hugged her mother, burying her face in her mother's blonde hair, "I'm going to miss you, Mama! And you too Papa!" She quickly took her father into her embrace, allowing her face to listen to his heartbeat. Once she let go of them she reassured them, "I'll make sure to visit on the weekends." The Chinese man nodded as he pulled her to his side, "I would hope so, you are still our baby girl to just leave us like that."

After a few more minutes, Ines gave her parents a final goodbye as she wheeled her two suitcases, carrying a quarter of her usual wardrobe, over to the school entrance. As she got closer she looked around the front courtyard as she walked over to the councilors that were handing out rooms out to the new students. "Welcome!" the female called out to her, "What's your last name, hun?" Ines smiled at the woman and quickly told her her name, and quickly received her room. Saying her goodbye, she started to head to the steps. "Bien, merde..." Ines whispered under her breath, "Maybe taking the two largest suitcases was a bad idea..."

tumblr_nji85m3bmi1qla6e4o1_1280.jpgwinter_by_kr0npr1nz-d8943ox.jpgMiPrwNn_d.jpg

Yet another new beginning Raven wasn't at all excited about, she had already had plenty in her life...But here she was at Redwood Academy, starting another beginning. It was frustrating. Especially since her parents had just shipped her out here without any hesitation. Raven let out a small sigh while she eyed the school with her deep brown eyes from the front of it before she entered through the front gate. A girl was taking pictures in front of the gate when Raven began to walk through them, was this girl really that excited? But hey, who was she to judge!

As the black haired girl lugged herself and her luggage towards the school, she glanced around a bit. Catching glimpses of the people she'd soon come to know...or at least some of them. For now, she figured she'd focus on getting her room number at least. She shifted the heavy bag that was pulled onto her back, as if trying to make it hurt less. It was packed full of things. She also had a rather huge rolling suitcase.

In all honesty, Raven couldn't wait to just paint her life away. It was the only thing that made her feel alive, at least in this current moment. A small sigh escaped her when she reached one of the councilors, she finally spoke, "I'm Raven Madison."

"Yes! You're in room 410!" The councilor said with a smile on her face. Raven smiled at the woman and bid her 'catcha later', before lugging her things up the stairs. She picked up the suitcase by the hand holder at the top of it with a small grunt, it was pretty heavy and there were a lot of stairs, "At least I'm getting a work out.." The girl mumbled to herself before blowing her bangs out of her eyes and continuing on her way.

When she reached the top, the girl quickly put her suitcase back on the ground, letting out a small sigh as if she'd been holding in her breath that whole time. It was suddenly dawning on her that she was starting a new school tomorrow, she was going to be sharing a room with someone she didn't know. Butterflies made their way into the now nervous girls stomach. She glanced around before walking up to the enterance, instead of going in she simply pushed her rolling bag against the wall and sat on top of it, not putting her whole weight on it. She pulled her phone out of her black skinny jean pocket and began to text her mother, telling her she made it safely.

Once that text was sent Raven just continued to check out her surroundings whilst she sat ontop her rolling suitcase. She had to admit, it was fairly beautiful here. Most of the people weren't too bad looking either. Of course, either way, Raven would make the best time out of being here. She always had a tendency to get into adventure or 'trouble', as her parents called it. It always made her roll her eyes when that was said to her. You only live once, and the adventurous spirit wanted to make the best of that one life she had.

Ventus Karasu
Kyousuke.jpg

Today, was the start of a brand new day for the nervous, yet anxious young artist named Ventus. It would be his first day after being accepted to the prestigious academy in which he recieved a scholarship much to his surprise relayed only in happiness by his mother. He had packed his bags the night prior, shared a tearful good-bye to his mother, and went to the train station for the long, night's ride to the school.

Now awake and full of energy, the rather child-faced Ventus approached the gates looking nervous holding a moderately sized suitcase made of Italian leather with the insignia of the Karasu family near the handle. The symbol depicted a bird mid-flight with a rose in it's feathers, a beautiful memory of when his mother just became more recognized and making her own insignia for both the family and her art. Ventus stopped and took a deep breath before approaching his future place of home for the next long while.

Entering the building he considered very austere for a school, he approached a secretary fidgeting with his hands.
"I-I'm sorry um..I'm Ventus. Ventus Karasu? I was looking for my room in which I'd stay."

The secretary found the room number associated with the young man smiling. "Oh yes! It's the room upstairs, second door upon entering the corridor on your right." She explained and detailed where to find it. Ventus blushed smiling nervously listening to the explanation very politely before bowing lightly and making his way. Climbing the stairs, he held a hand to his chest feeling his heart beat so fast, like he had just seen his first crush or been scared. He was though, this was a whole new experience for the young and aspiring artist making his debut, and in an academic stand no less compared to a simple art school from his home.

"I...I can do this. I'm not scared. Be nice, polite, and quiet. Nice..p-polite and quiet." he said to himself sighing deeply before moving to his room and beginning to enter taking in all the surroundings. He moved to what believed to be his bed, putting the Italian leather suitcase against it sitting down still holding his chest nervous as could be. He seemed to wait a bit wondering if he had a roommate noticing the room being too big for just himself. "O-Oh dear..I hope my roommate isn't too daunting."

14660.png
M A N N Y - C A S T R O

// Dorm Room 401 // Exhausted

Manny had been up for hours now, traveling by himself. The last day and a half blended together, long bus rides and stops, uncomfortable naps, awkward conversations with passengers beside him, and lots of luggage to drag up a stupid hill. He had gotten in as soon as he could though, and had been unpacking all morning. In his opinion, packing and unpacking are some of the most dreaded things in the world, and if he didn't do it as soon as possible, he never really would. He was determined and set, had already unpacked most of his clothes and hung up a poster of some edgy band. He was making such good progress until he put the sheets on his bed and laid out his simple navy duvet comforter down. He began to slow down, sitting on his bed as he slid a pillow into a pillow case matching his sheets. It was a charming pattern of numerous flags from around the world on a white background, and in that moment it was the most mesmerizing thing Manny had ever laid his eyes upon. His eyelids heavy he put the pillow to his face and let his body fall limp onto the newly made bed. He groaned into the pillow, wanting nothing more than to take the fattest nap he was physically capable of. He suddenly felt a pang in his chest, had it really been a year since he moved out here first? So much had changed, he felt, he had been let down so much by people he once revered. He muttered a indecent expletive into his pillow and sat up. There was no time for naps and self pity, but there was always time for coffee.

After a painful venture down into the crowds of overly extroverted people, Manny had made his way into the common area and he had been reminded of how much he hates this student body. He felt as if there were eyes on him, on his ripped up jeans and grungy maroon sweatshirt, he could almost hear their voices making fun of him. It's not like anyone had ever actually bulied him here or said those things to him, rather it was just his insecurities manifesting themselves in some other teenagers that realistically didn't even know he was there. It was only two to three more minutes of Manny mentally fighting people in his head before he had acquired coffee and was returning back to his dorm, looking forward to coming back to a quiet room and to continue moving in until he stopped in the doorway and looked blankly at his new roommate, having just walked in.

"Hey." Manny said, feeling awkward. "I'm Manny, well, Manuel." He continued. "I'll be sleeping in here too." He walked in and put his coffee down by the bed he made for himself.

28160.png
C Y R U S - W E B S T E R

// Outside the Main Commons // As Usual

Cyrus had been moved in for the last day or two, finding it more interesting here rather than with his father in Oregon, besides, he had no time to move in on move in day. No, today was to scout out his peers and learn who he was up against, or learn who he might find interesting. He walked from his room down the halls, hands in pocket, eyeing every person he passed, making sure to smile warmly to all the nervous freshman. A good first impression was lasting, and having influence over people was what mattered to him most. Figuring there wouldn't be many people to watch in the halls of the dorms, he was making his way out to the front of the common area, breathing in the fresh air and the bustling energy around him.

There was so much he had to learn about this place still, stepping out of the dorms and walking towards the commons, he found himself day dreaming. He had spent part of his summer abroad, on his father's dime of course, seeing some of the oldest cities of Europe. Being there, in so much history and stories, he could feel a distinguished presence as he was surrounded by fragments of the past. He couldn't discern that same feeling here, however, but it was only a matter of time before he could get more information on the quiet town surrounding the school and learn more about it's past.

His eyes suddenly caught onto a gorgeous freshman walking by and he blinked out of his cryptic daydreams and turned his head to watch the body walk by him. It was going to be a good year, he smirked, looking back ahead of him. He figured he'd stick around in the open for a bit, keeping his eyes open for anyone he would want to stop and talk with.

Last edited:
Ventus Karasu

kyousuke-jpg.454050

Noticing the new boy now in the room, Ventus immediately took notice of his stature and rather sullen disposition. Or at least, how he percieved the new young man.

"Aaah! I'm sorry! Have you already picked a spot? I um..I can move.." he mumbled poking his fingers looking a bit embarrassed, the color of his face beginning to redden. He knew there was going to be at least one roommate, but..one so intimidating? His luck he supposed. He began searching his bag nervously before moving to Manny extending his hand, one other behind his back as he cleared his throat softly. "I-I'm Ventus. You can just call me Ven."

Ventus' hand clearly shook a little not doing a very good job hiding his insecurity of meeting this new person, nor hiding his eyeing of the boy as well examining him not in-depth, but enough to pain a mental image of his personality being a habit to identify people. "I um..I hope you don't mind me saying this but..you look handsome. Gaah! I meant your fashion! Fashion sense!" he yelped merely trying to compliment the gentleman's outfit being a fan of the style. He himself wore a pair of baggy jeans that were loose even on his skinny and slim frame, a white t-shirt with what looked to be a heart en clasping an Italian phrase saying "Love is true, as is the words of it always unseen until spoken", and an over shirt that was a collared white t-shirt that noticeably hung off one side.

"Oh dear..He's gonna think I'm being a total creep or something. Yes Ven, great idea to walk up to your new roommate and tell him he looks handsome the first second you meet him." He thought to himself about his poor wording only trying to be friendly despite his shy nature. He didn't want to be too shy with the person he'd share a room with, although now he wanted to crawl into a hole and just die of embarrassment. He really hoped this new person wouldn't think him to be strange since at home it was never odd for another young man to all another handsome, it was just a compliment.

Last edited:
14660.png
M A N N Y - C A S T R O

// Dorm Room 401 // Less exhausted

Manny watched the guy in front of him, sizing him up in his head. He wasn't exactly like the others, he didn't look like he just came straight off his dad's yacht or had confidence oozing out of every pore. When the guy extended his hand towards him, Manny cracked a sheepish smile. He raised his eyebrows and gave the extended hand a side low five with minimal effort, shrugging his shoulders at the formality and the fact that there was a minor shake present in Ven's hand. At this point, Manny nodded his head and turned around, but he could feel eyes examining him. He lifted an unpacked backpack onto his bed and started pouring the contents out of gently. A pack of cigarettes, a lighter, some hair bleach, pocket knife, and other small valuables spilled out. He was doing his best to mind his own business when he was suddenly complimented. He couldn't help it, and as soon as Ven finished speaking Manny let out a light laugh. God, his old girlfriend never even called him handsome. He was weirded out, but the guy was being so awkward and genuine it was hitting Manny's weak spot. He turned his head, looking back at Ven with an eyebrow raised. He was about to come back with something snarky or sarcastic but he held his tongue.

He couldn't shake the feeling that this kid was on edge, he had a bit of a shake to his hand earlier. As Manny turned his body to face Ven's he figured the dude must've had a case of the coffee shakes mixed with First Day jitters. Manny had to quickly find that part of his personality that only came out when he was babysitting his sporadic and jumpy little cousins. His lips curled into a soft smile, his gaze had a little more life to it compared to the tired glassed over look he had when he first came over as he replied, "Chill."

Having used up all of his energy to muster a genuine response, Manny sat down on his bed and continued going through the contents of his backpack. "It's all in the pants. They really make or break the fit, you know what I'm saying? You can pretty much put whatever on top, shirts are a free for all, this is only in my opinion of course, and its not true for everything, right? Like don't pair a tank with some trousers, that just looks like shit unless your a mobster from the twenties or something. Anyway, as I was saying, its the pants. Not too tight, not too baggy, a good pair is fitted." Manny had broken out into full on podcast mode, rambling to break the awkward tension in the room. Manny rubbed his eyes before reaching to take a sip of his coffee. "By the way, when I ramble like that feel free to tell me to stuff it, most of the people around here like the sound of their own voice and hearing them rant is going to get old fast, so just tell me when and I'll stop."

Ventus Karasu

kyousuke-jpg.454050

Ventus knew he was already off to an akward start. Immediately calling your roommate handsome after looking him up and down unintentionally slower than you intended? Not exactly the best reaction to meeting your potential new friend. He seemed a bit preturbed at the gentleman's contact thinking he'd shake his hand, but casually didn't making Ven hold his shoulder looking a bit akward. He seemed to take heavy curiosity noticing the contents of his bag looking a little bit afraid now, maybe not fearful, but definitely more wary.

"O-OH...Oh my word...Cigarettes? Hair dye? A knife?! Is..Is this guy a vagrant? No! Stop that. Don't judge by a cover." He thought to himself shaking his head. Sure, this guy had a lot of things that meant you were a delinquent back at home, but he couldn't just be an upstart jerk. Right? Well as it seemed, he was rather cooler than Ven expected. He imagined he was quite popular as he looked the part, especially the part of a rebel. Then again, Ventus wasn't all that popular himself so the idea of someone looking unique than the general majority seemed popular to him. His statement about his clothes made Ventus's color darken a bit. Pants? Seems his new companion valued a nice pair of pants around his waist to accentuate a look, good to note. Or..Not. That could be weird. Or misconstrued.

"P-pants you say? Oh I uh..Heh, I'm really not all that fashionable. My friends back at home worry about their figure, how their butt looks in pants or..ya know, silly things like that. These are just some things I threw on. Didn't know if there was a uniform or anything so..nothing special. See? Just regular loose jeans. Even if I'm thin as a stick." he mumbled the last part tugging the waist portion pouting a bit. Seems the young artist had about as much self esteem as a anchor was as light as feathers. He didn't seem all that thrilled with his appearance, but took Manny's words to heart. He eventually snapped out of his little self pity moment and added "I would never! I couldn't just say s-stuff it. That's rude. Besides, your voice isn't unpleasant. Fitting actually. Heh, Mr. Tough guy." he joked snickering a little a hand to his mouth a cute look of amusement on his face. Ven was trying to open a little with some humor, thinking that might appeal a bit to Manny wondering if he had a loose sense of humor.

Dabria Mackenzie

IMG_20180620_220106.jpg

The day had arrived, starting from today Dabria will finally be free from her mother's constant nagging. Here she was, in the parking lot, shutting the car trunk after emptying its content. The trunk closed with a soft thud, followed by the sound of automatic lock put in place. She carried her sport bag and laptop case on both of her shoulders, their respective belts intersect with each other. Dabria thought she looked a bit childish, but it did reflect how she's feeling today. The impending sense of freedom had sparked something inside Dabria, it's buzzy and warm, and it made her feel like a little child once more, to be alive without much restraints. Oh, how she missed this!

Welcome Back to Redwood Academy. May this year be fulfilling than the last.

"Roger that." Dabria muttered to herself as she read the banner.

Dabria grabbed her luggage and went to the driver's side. As much as she wanted to immediately enter the academy and mark a new chapter in her life, Dabria had to say goodbye to her mother. She figured a simple one would suffice, perhaps she would lean in for a hug when prompted.

The window rolled down to reveal her mother, who said, "Look at you all excited. Do you remember our deal?"

Dabria nervously chuckled, "As if I would forget to call you every weekend. Gotcha, Mom."

"The other part of the deal." Her mother said.

"Seriously?" Dabria sighed. They had a discussion months prior, which led into an argument, and ended with a compromise. Her mother let her pick any school, any major, and it didn't matter if she wanted to live at the school dorm. In return, Dabria must open herself to anyone, especially girls, to which Dabria jokingly asked if she's allowed to have a girlfriend. The question received a deadly glare from her mother, the look promised to cast someone's peril if they don't keep their mouth shut. So she did.

"It's not going to be that bad," her mother smiled, "Take a look at that girl behind you."

Dabria turned to the appointed direction and saw a midget girl saying goodbye to her parents.

"She seems nice," her mother said.

Dabria couldn't help but to roll her eyes, "Most people seems nice."

"Well, she's as excited as you are, so it counts for something." Her mother said as she changed the gear, "I'm sure you're eager to go, I'll be on my way now."

Dabria heard a distinct hum from the car's engine. It was ready to go. She looked at her mother once more and noticed some sad wrinkles that represent a part of her mother that wasn't ready to let her child go. Dabria felt some guilt rising in her chest, but she repressed that feeling, and replaced it with the thought of how happier her mother should be without her presence.

"Goodbye, Mom."

"Have fun, and don't forget to call," her mother flashed a smile before heading her own way.

Dabria wasn't planning to stay around and watch her mother disappear from her sight. Her shoulder was starting to ache, and she couldn't wait to explore this place.

Dabria dragged her baggages to the courtyard, where the school personnels were handing out room number to the new students. After confirming her name and receiving her room number, room 319, Dabria lightly jogged towards her place.

"Bien, merde..." Dabria heard when she was near the stairs. She hadn't expected to hear some sort of foreign language that probably originated from Italy. Then, she realized that it came from the girl from earlier. Dabria also noticed that the girl had brought two of the largest luggages she'd ever seen, not that she'd seen a lot of them in her life. Still, Dabria doubted the girl's petite body could carry both of those, either one-trip or back-and-forth, without exhausting herself.

Through the girl in distress, Dabria saw something. She saw Lady Fortune present herself in plain sight. This was the chance for her to befriend someone in this new territory, and a girl at that!

"Hey, do you need some help with that?" Dabria offered, before realizing that she herself had her hands full of her own baggages, "Wow, I'm an idiot."

But Dabria Mackenzie shan't back down, she continued, "I mean, I can put my stuff down and help you carry one of that."

Perfect coverage.

Last edited:
" come on, you don't want to be late.." Blake's dad yelled as he went out of the car parked in front of the academy's gate. saying nothing, Blake stepped out of the car and took her backpack. "now, you behave yourself, I don't want any disturbing calls" he warned giving her her suitcase and going back to the car. "don't worry.. you won't get any" she mumbled as he drove away without even saying goodbye.
Blake never understood why her dad hated her so much, but she never bothered to ask. she took a moment to look at the school from the outside since she was too early to be late. after all, this was her first time out of her room ever since she arrived to Amber Fall and she didn't want to be locked up right away. she placed her suitcase near the gate and walked near the school's wall "Redwood Academy, I read about you.. I wonder what are you hiding for me" she said feeling the wall then sighed and returned to her suitcase.

Inside, the councilors were welcoming everyone. she walked to one of them and gave a soft smile " hello, my name is Blake Davied" the lady smiled back and greeted her then she gave her her room key which said 410. she took her key and looked at the stairs, people were struggling to go up the stairs with there heavy bags , she looked at her light suitcase and smiled " well, that's an advantage" she mumbled and went up.

arriving to her room, Blake slowly close the door and took a look at the room, it was a big nice room, and there were two beds which suggested that Blake will be expecting someone soon. she took one of the beds and started unpacking, she placed her clothes and books in the closet and a picture of her mom next to her bed. she then closed her suitcase and placed it under the bed and put clean sheets on the bed. she took another look at the room " I like it " she thought then sat down and took her mother's photo " I bet you it's nicer than dads.. don't worry about me I'll be fine" she tried to convince her self, she was only 16 years old, she didn't mind being alone, but she didn't want to be without a mother. she didn't know what awaits her and for the first time she was afraid. she shook the thought out of her head then kissed the picture and placed nicely back on the desk.

"Now I wait for the roommy" she thought..

WednesdayAddams WednesdayAddams

b180ad4e016d1713039461190c6f40d0.jpg

Ines Stats:
First Floor of the Girl Dorms
Mood
Excited | Reminizing
Tags
RedRoost RedRoost
Ines Xun
Ines was thinking over her mind to figure out a way to get her things two flight of stairs. She didn't really accommodate for the lack of lifts, but just had to own it now. She took a deep breath and went to lift both suitcases when she stopped at the sound of someone offering her help. "Oh!" Ines exclaimed, "You would really help?" As much as she was actually born in the states, her French accent made her seem foreign. "I mean you still have to carry your things to your room. I don't want to impose on you," Ines pointed out the girl's own luggage.

Clasping her hands together as she heard the girl tell her that she would help after she placed her things away first. "Oh! You are a lifesaver, mon amie!" Ines exclaimed with a broad smile on her face, "I'm Ines by the way, it's so nice to meet you. I'm completely new to the states after living abroad for so long. I hope we can be friends..." Ines extended her hand to the brunette. It had been so long since she didn't have friends. Her friends back home were classmates and childhood friends growing up.

Ines moved her things to the side, allowing others to go on ahead to their own floors. As she waited, Ines had nothing else to do then go through her phone. She swiped through her photos, recalling memories that she had collected the year before. 'How I wish they would have been here with me,' she thought as she looked at the group of friends she left behind.

Kino Akai
------------------
It had been a while. This town, of course, was nothing new. Amber Falls continued to be quiet and secluded, whilst holding its many mysteries just out of reach. But Kino had seen the academy before, and heard the rumors going around about it. Presently, he was holding an ink pen and his purple notebook under shade of tree in the main commons area. He knew that his studies would be heard here, so even though this case seemed curious, he couldn't let himself get distracted unless something drastic happened. Closing his notebook and putting the pen in the side of his luggage, he began to walk towards the building. He had already asked where to go for his room: 220, if he recalled correctly. To the middle-left of him was another guy who was doing something he enjoyed as well: people-watching, observing. Though, by the look of this guys style and the way he eyed up a girl passing by, he might make some trouble. Sighing, Kino entered the dorms, and began taking the stairs.

The room itself was nice enough. But Kino always was called "simple". Thats one of the reasons he had such small luggage. As he unpacked into the dresser by the bed, he put the notebook and the seven other pens he brought on the floor under the bed for safekeeping. He knew he would be getting a dorm mate, and he really didn't want them to see this, and destroy his lifes work. After all, he was a writing major. After he finished unpacking his suitcase, he moved to his backpack. He had his laptop, of course, some older books (which included some histories of Amber Falls marked by Kino, and finally some Chex-Mix. Looking at his handiwork, Kino sat down on the bed let it all in, how he left his parents, how he escaped to this school to get away from nothing but night terrors. He was stupid back then. He was accepted of course, but the night terrors had gone. Now he was escaping from only the kindness of his parents and siblings into an unknown world. Well, he could deal with it.

Tags
-------------
Miracle Corgi Miracle Corgi

MiPrwNn_d.jpgtumblr_nji85m3bmi1qla6e4o1_1280.jpg
winter_by_kr0npr1nz-d8943ox.jpgm1k4G4z_d.jpg
Once she was done admiring the scenery for a bit, she turned her chocolate eyes towards the sky. It was a beautiful blue, as always. The sun was shining brightly and the clouds looked like soft pieces of cotton candy. Sky watching was one of Raven's favorite things to do. It grounded her. Gave her some sort of peaceful feeling. The night sky was her favorite though. The stars we're simply undescribable in her mind. The moon, especially a full moon, was her favorite part.

After stairing up at the sky for however long it had been, Raven finally got a text back. It was a simple 'ok love you' from her mom. The girl rolled her eyes, scoffing quietly before stuffing her phone back into her pocket. There was no reason for her to reply to that. Would've been pointless.

Raven stretched before letting out a sigh and standing up, off her suitcase. She grabbed the handle and began to roll it along side her as she, finally, entered into the main area of the school. Curious eyes wondered whilst she walked towards the main common area and her dorm. At least, that's what the signs told her.

Once she met the main common room, right off the bat she saw quite a few attractive people. Though she didn't stare or make eye contact with any of them. She ran her free fingers through her hair, 'Well, time to meet my roommate, I suppose..' With that final thought she walked towards the girls dorm.

Her room number was on repeat in her mind so she didn't forget it. The last thing she would want to do is enter the wrong room, that'd be pretty awkward. Raven blew some bangs from her face and shuffled her way to her room. When she was finally there she let out a small sigh, 'Im glad to finally be here so I don't have to carry this shit around anymore.'

Raven opened her dorm room and peeked inside, seeing a girl in there already. She quickly put on a small smile, "Hey!" The girl said as she pushed opened the door and entered the room, lugging her things inside. Once inside she pulled off her large backpack and let it fall to the ground, a sigh escaping her lips when she did so, "I'm Raven!" She said, whilst rubbing at her own shoulders a bit, 'Never again with that damned thing.'

"Its a pleasure to meet you!" She said approaching the girl and holding her hand out for a handshake. Though Raven was pretty nervous, she didn't show it. In fact she was pretty good at hiding her emotions even though most of her actions are based soulely on emotions. After all, Raven was a rather rash individual.

Cara Cara

Last edited:
waiting for her roommate to arrive, Blake took a shower and changed to a clean t-shirt and shorts. she then opened a book and start to read it.
not long after, the door opened and a girl with black hair came inside. Blake remembered seeing her sitting by the stairs.
the girl seemed to be exhausted because of her bags, she greeted Blake and introduced herself as Raven then came closer to shake her hand.
" Hi!, I'm Blake, nice to meet you too. do you need help with your bags?" Blake greeted with a smile closing the book and placing it a side then shaking Raven's hand.
" is it your first year too?" Blake asked with a soft smile trying to start a conversation.

WednesdayAddams WednesdayAddams

096487ae02d92d086abac66df14e7137--anime-motivational-posters-green-eyes.jpg
Cynthia's Stats:
Mood:
bla
Tags:
N/A

Cynthia HerriotThe very familiar architecture of the Academy was enough to kill Cynthia's 'new school year' hype. It was bad enough with the events that had happened in the past, let alone now having to slave away hours with study, homework and textbooks. Ah, yes. Welcome back as they say. Cynthia rolled her eyes as she had already moved in this morning and was on her daily jog through campus. As much as she loved attending her classes, all summer she couldn't help but worry about two certain family members either. Maybe she should have just stayed with Julius... No. Julius wouldn't let her, she knew that. But how could she have helped over the break? Whatever, all she really knew is that her run was almost up as she rounded towards the Girl's Dorms. What she also knew, now tuning towards the group of buildings, was that her other half was standing right outside... Camera pointed at obscure things and no real 'head's up!' of the outside world. Glad he got here alone...

As Cynthia jogged up, she snuck past Cole, and into the dorms. As much as she loved him and as much as she pushed in his face that she was the older one, for now she sort of didn't want to deal with that. The worrisome girl took a breather, now moving towards her dorm on the second floor. Once up the flight of stairs, she pushed open the door (which totally wasn't locked...) and into the room, where her eyes landed on her roommate, asleep in the middle of the floor...

"Eh--Hey!" Cynthia waved more to see if she was alive, "You're bed is open, by the way... You don't need to take the floor, ." Cynthia couldn't help but crack a tad smile as she went into their bathroom to wash up.

bb04b3088a7b7c251fcb8a525326f21b.jpg
The girl left on the floor slowly pushed herself up and rubbed her eyes. "Huh? Oh..." She softly spoke, still very tired like, "Sorry Cynthia, heh... I was really tired when I got here and moving in and all..." The girl stood up and rubbed her eyes, going over to her bed just to sit down again.

"You should have texted me! You know I would have helped you." Cynthia pronounced from the bathroom, "Besides, I didn't know you were gonna actually come in today. Didn't you say you had the first week completely reserved for vacation?"

"Well, I think I did but I also think I forgot... Mother hasn't texted me so I might wanna do that..."

"Yeah, Hazel, you should probably text you mother maybe like, now." Cynthia exited and walked back into the room. "I have to find Julius and Cole so we'll just hook up later after you figure everything out. Nice seeing you again and you have to tell me all about your summer whenever we do. Bye bye!" The girl twirled and exited, moving down the stairs of the dorm. Hazel sat there with her eyes basically closed as the door shut. "... Phone... where are you?"
---------

7c91c9ad339b6a103dfbfcb2147b24ef.png
Cole's Stats:
Mood:
Cole
Tags:
Julius KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Cole HerriotClick... Click...... Click.........

Cole retracted his camera, staring at the leaves of a tree he captured. Something about it eased his mind, so... Why not take a picture? He then closed his eyes briefly before starting towards the dorm entrance. That's when he noticed his twin run into the Girl's Dorm rather quickly. So much for saying 'Hi.' He then shrugged this off and kept walking until he moved inside the dorm's common area, where he spotted Julius. Cole walked over, not minding Henry, and put up two fingers in his normal Cole greeting. He also actually had somewhat of a smile on his face seeing Julius. "..." He motioned towards the Girl's Dorm, then himself, by putting his fingers together. Obviously this one wasn't much of a talker but hey, you don't need talking.

c27295d3894e69ccacab313b84e9cd4d.jpg

Julius Stats:
Lounge Area in the Main Common Area Building
Mood
Frustrated
Tags
Cole DrBezendrine DrBezendrine

Julius HerriotJulius and Henry were laughing over the things that the team had down during the vacation when Julius noticed his silent cousin and roommate. "Hey, Cole!" he exclaimed and watched him make his signals before saying, "Cool, so you and Cinthia are here, now. How's the family?" He had called a few times during the summer break but he didn't talk long enough to know anything important. Throwing his head back, he drank the last bit of his coffee before tossing it to the closest wastebin.

"So," Henry pointed to the waste bin, "Are you caffeinated enough to go hang out with the team?" Julius shook his head and apologized, "I think I'm going to stick with my cousins but I'll hang out another time." Henry nodded and said his goodbyes before heading out to the courtyard. Once he was out of ear and eyesight, Julius turned to Cole and crossed his arms, "Staying here over the summer didn't bring anything new... I'm starting to worry that the more time passes the more the staff if hiding things..."

Julius began to walk over to the dorms, hands deep in his pockets, wanting to wait up for Cinthia to arrive so they can go over this year's plan. "I only have two more years before I leave... We need to figure this out as soon as we can," he said under his breath to not attract unwanted ears in their conversation.

MiPrwNn_d.jpgtumblr_nji85m3bmi1qla6e4o1_1280.jpg
winter_by_kr0npr1nz-d8943ox.jpgm1k4G4z_d.jpg

The first thing Raven noticed about her roommate, was her wet blonde hair. Obviously, the girl had just taken a shower. She, out of habit, tugged a bit on the black choker that was around her neck. It was one piece of 'clothing' that she always had on. She felt that it could make anything, including the uniform here, have a little bit of her own style in it.

'Blake? Hm, interesting...' Raven thought as they shook hands. Afterwards she smiled at the girl, "Nah! I got it, man. Thanks though." Truely, Raven didn't like people touching her things. Especially what was in the rolling back pack, it was mostly her art supplies and a couple of other random things.. like shoes or a few articals of clothing. In all honesty, Raven couldn't wait to just simply paint, but that'd have to wait till she unpacked. In fact, she already invisioned painting the night time sky from the roof of the building or painting the landscape in the front of the building.

"Yeah, I'm new. How about yourself?" She asked, glancing over at the girl for a split second before walking over to her bags and lifting the heavy back pack up on the free bed, so it was closer then her having to bend down everytime to pull things out. Most of the clothing items were just regular black tights, band t-shirts, gym shorts, sweatpants, sweatshirts, and black skinny jeans. It was all literally packed in there so tight that it was all pretty much wrinkled...but that didn't matter to Raven. It added some sort of aesthetic vibe to it.

"What do you think of this place so far?" She asked, curiosity gaining the best of her. Whilst unpacking she would glance over at her roommate, so they could continue conversation or so Blake would know she was still listening, "I can't wait to explore this place." The adventurous spirit admitted with a grin. It was beautiful, but sure enough there had to be some mystery here. Every place had a mystery to it. A story to it.

When she was done putting up her clothes she tossed the now 10x lighter bag over by a wall, before she ever went anywhere else she would need to get something better then that huge thing. It was ridiculous. Raven picked up her rolling suit case and gently place it on her bed before unzipping it and opening it. Inside there were different colored paints, that were placed in a huge plastic bag just in case any of them opened, three skinny canvases, paint brushes, pencils, and a sketch book. There were also a pair of black boots in there, a pair of regular black flip flops, and a bathing suit, just in case she needed it.

Cara Cara

14660.png
M A N N Y - C A S T R O

"Mr.Tough Guy?" Manny repeated to himself internally. Did he really come off that way? He looked down at his arms and legs, he's lost a lot of muscle in the past year, there's no way he looked that tough. He shrugged it off, "I think you're too quick to say that." He smiled again. This guy was a little weird, but from what Manny could tell he was doing his best and there was something genuine about him, about the way he didn't really care what clothes he wore. He could've been stuck with some Chad from Orange County that would just talk his ear off about boats or whatever frat he wanted to join in college, but Ven seemed like he meant well. He stood up from his bed, continuing to organize his belongings. Holding the cigarettes and the lighter, he hid them in the back of one of his desk drawers for now, knowing that he'd have to hide them better than that. There was one more bag left to unpack, and he began to mindlessly do that, this one held another round of valuable possessions.

"Let me know if you need me to move some stuff around if you need more space for things, I'm really not a tough guy, aight?" Manny said, looking back at Ven and smiling. "If you need anything too, I guess, let me know," he shrugged his shoulders, slumped over a desk he was claiming as his and arranging school supplies and his laptop. He looked back at Ven, this time sizing him up again to judge whether or not he was still nervous. He didn't know what was up with his new roommate, but something with the way he was acting almost made him want to take care of the kid, five minutes with the dude made him felt more needed than how he felt with his girlfriend two months before they broke up. He didn't want to admit it, but he was totally putting himself in a "big brother" position to Ven mentally already, just because he really missed the feeling of being wanted.

"So tell me, what's up with you? What do you do, hobbies... Most importantly, what music do you listen to? I know that's a hard question but, like, your favorite artist right now?" Manny asked.

( Ven Hopeful Youth Ven Hopeful Youth )

28160.png

Cyrus had taken a spot under a tree that some guy was just previously sitting under, he stretched out beneath it and somehow found a way to make sitting on the grass in the shade look pretentious. His eyes scanned the area between the commons and the dorms, fixing them on two young men having a conversation. He leaned in a bit, as if that would help him see the two talking better. He didn't know why they looked familiar, but after a closer inspection he realized there was some familiar resemblance between them and some girl he saw in a paper when he was trying to read up on Amber Falls' history. He smirked, watching them from afar, there was no way they could be related. It was probably a bad picture or something, he concluded, relaxing his back into the trunk of the tree. He continued people watching until he realized his new roommate was probably moving in right now.

He continued to watch some of the people go by, and then stood up. He figured it was worth a shot to see if someone was in his room now, but he wasn't going to show up empty handed. It's all about first impressions, right? He made a quick trip to the actual commons and was leaving with two coffees and a handful of sweeteners and cream cups with him as well as he made his way back to the boys dorms, watching the two boys he saw earlier as he walked past them to entire the dorm building. It wasn't long until he was in the door way with the two coffees, finding out his guess was right and that his roommate had made it in.

"I see you've made it in, I took a wild guess that you'd probably be here and brought an extra coffee. I believe we're roommates - the name is Cyrus." He started, looking at the guy in his room. He set the coffee for his new friend down on the first open surface, setting beside it the sweetener and cream in case he needed it.

( Squad141 Squad141 )

Kino Akai
------------------
Kino looked at his supposed roomate, eyeing him. Observing him. It was the kid who had been people-watching earlier in the commons, the one who he shared an interest with. Getting up from his bed, he held out his hand. "Hello, I'm Kino Akai, a transfer student from Ravensbirch. Nice to meet you." He looked at what the guy was holding, and though he knew it was a bad idea, accepted the kindness of this guys seemingly harmless ways. Reaching out, he took the extra coffee, then immediately dumped all the sweetener and creamer into it. That drowned out the flavor, and it tasted nice.

Coffee in hand, Kino turned back to the boy. "So, have you been to this school before? I've heard many a rumor about strange things going on around here. Do you have any of your own?" He said this without changing his blank expression once.

28160.png

Cyrus watched Kino carefully, and with all of his willpower he kept himself from making a disgusted face as he watched the young man destroy his cup of coffee. What an absolute monster, Cyrus was suddenly unsure if he could live with someone like that. He suddenly pushed aside his prejudices when he brought up the rumors. He couldn't hide his true feelings this time, as he raised an eyebrow and his fake amicable smile turned into a curious smirk. "Ah, well, I just transferred here myself. I used to live with my family in Manhattan, but my father and I moved to Oregon just as the summer started." He began, getting his background out of the way.

He leaned up against the closest wall, crossing his arms and looking right at Kino, maybe they could be friends. "I haven't heard much more than the students that went missing here..I can't recall the female student's name right now, it seems to have escaped me." He rambled on, thinking to himself. "I'm making it a point, however, to see if I could get in close with a local and see if there's anything more to it though." He said, ideally the local being a young attractive female, but when it came to this he wasn't going to be picky.

"Well, I'm not losing sleep over it though, just a hobby. I don't care for it all that much," the young man with a history minor said, lying through his teeth in an attempt to look disinterested. "Do you know of anything?" He asked, anxiously waiting to see if he could learn anything more.

Squad141 Squad141

Ventus Karasu

kyousuke-jpg.454050

Ven looked sheepish and looked a little concerned now that his comment had been taken into perspective. Based off of Manny's reaction? Don't call him tough guy ever again, too embarrassing. Judging however from the other boy's tone, he seemed rather nice considering Ventus' first impression of him being a rugged delinquent. The boy began to look rather guilty and fiddle with his fingers a little as he began unpacking the beautiful suitcase he carried. Inside he had many clothes, some minor little baubles of landmarks in Italy, something hidden in a white cloth tied with a red ribbon what looked to be a foot sticking out of it of a stuffed animal, and a small what looked to be ornamented box made of beautiful cherry wood.

"Oh, you're very kind. I appreciate it. But..I packed lightly. Um..I may not be too strong but I can help you too if you want." he offered quickly moving his things about. He seemed rather meticulous for being an artist, folding every piece of clothing nice and neat, separating them into different piles. He had a arrangement of colorful shirts, a mix of pants and rather more schoolboy style shorts custom back at home, and various underwear and socks and such. His outfit suggested he didn't like fancy things, but many of his items suggest he lives a lavish lifestyle. And if he did per-se live such a life, he didn't seem to hold that in almost any regard to anyone else like bragging or boasting.

Ven turned not realizing his pants sort of fell a bit in the back, seeming to be rather clueless at a fault as well. Not just with his clothing, but..well...

"Oh I just love Da Vinci! His art is so beautiful and soul touching, I could talk about his works the whole day long~" he said sighing in contentment realizing Manny meant music gasping. "Wuah! Music?! S-scuzi..I like a lot of classical music..violins and pianos. I don't mind most other musics excluding rap, blah. No good. Boys with fake gold in their mouths and scantily clad girls dancing inappropriately? That's how rap is back at home, ugh." he huffed sticking his tongue out childishly to represent his distaste for rap music. He didn't like how fast the singers sang or how the music resonated, it did nothing but prove an annoyance for him.

Kino Akai
-----------------------------​
Inwardly sighing, Kino would actually have believed that the guy had no interest in the case, had he not asked for more information. Classic misdirection 101 But, the poor boy obviously wanted info, and Kino couldn't see any harm. He sighed, put down his barely touched coffee, and pulled his edition of the Amber Falls history, filled with notes, sticky notes, articles and info from other tumors and facts. "Here," he said, "Catch. But you better give it back when your finished. I spent a fortune in markers and sticky notes." He tossed the edited edition of the hard-back book to Cyrus.

This guy clearly had a few interests that the two shared, which was a good thing. Maybe they could get along after all. Still with that cold stare, he felt maybe some sort of link with the guy, and possibly a friendship.

28160.png

"This is amazing." Cyrus said, having caught the book and was now carefully holding it in his hands. He couldn't hold back, he had a wide enough smile that even exposed his teeth, showing off his sharp canines and having a spark in his eye, he looked like a predator setting in on his prey. He sharply inhaled, regaining composure. "It looks like a good read - I'll make sure no harm comes to this book." He said, standing up straight now, his smile having fallen but his eyes still seemed wide with curiosity.
"Why the interest, if you don't mind me asking?" He said, opening up the book and skimming through some of the pages, observing the details in the notes left. Did he have a personal connection to one of the cases? Or was this guy just interested in the same things Cyrus was? Cyrus looked up, staring back at Kino. The guy might use an insane amount of creamer and sugar in his coffee, but despite that shortcoming he seemed like a good connection.

Squad141 Squad141

14660.png
M A N N Y - C A S T R O

Manny was just going through some of the CDs he brought with him, nodding his head as he listened to Ven speak. Just as he was getting to his rap albums he heard Ven's critique and straightened up. His current favorite group was Brockhampton, and despite being a straight man his heart belonged to Tyler, the Creator. He clutched the current CD he was holding, refraining from going off on a tangent about rap music. He was about to break out into a sweat, and he channeled his sudden rush of energy into unpakcing and organizing. "The last kind of classical music I really vibed with is Tchaikovsky. That man created some hot bangers, I listen to it mainly while I'm studying though. The Nutcracker Suite? That gets me going, you know?" He joked, but he wasn't lying. The Nutcracker Suite was live and he'd fight someone if they thought differently. "You look like a Rex Orange County guy, in my opinion. You should check him out, listen to the Apricot Princess album. The first track has some beautiful instrumentals..." He started ranting when he turned around and tried to hold back a laugh as he noticed Ven's pants sag in the bag.
"Homie, you look like a 2000's rapper right now. You might want to think about getting a belt." He joked, when suddenly his face fell flat looking at the clothing he was folding and unpacking. "Nice threads." He mumbled, turning back to his own items. "I'm surprised you seem so casual with your clothing choices, but I guess after a year with uniforms and looking like everyone else, I started to care more about how my style sets me apart- like uh, y'know, it's part of my identity." He said, clearing his throat, feeling a little awkward because he was partly admitting his obsession with his aesthetic to himself there.

Ven Hopeful Youth Ven Hopeful Youth

Last edited:
Ventus Karasu

kyousuke-jpg.454050

Ventus looked a little concerned his critique may have been a tad bit harsh, after all music where here's from is a lot more different than other people's so he seemed to have a bias. The young man honestly preferred the simpler classics, especially those with orchestra and solo pieces with violin and piano. he found the music to be found very cultured and tasteful in his opinion. He frowned a little seeming a bit more guilty now not meeting Manny's eyes.

"I'm sorry if it seemed like an insult. Music is different back at home so..I guess I can be a little..biased." he admitted flushed in the face, a nervous hand behind his head. He seemed to nod at the Rex Orange County suggestion and thought about wondering what it would've sounded like. Ven immediately looked preturbed looking down at his pants even redder tugging his shirt a little in front of his pants. "H-Hey! Loose pants are hard to find. Besides, it's not like my underwear are in plain view." he mumbled rather amusingly seeming embarrassed at the prospect.

After the initial embarrassment shock, he mumbled quietly. "Thank you... My clothes are just..kinda my own. Style is important to me, but only to a time. I feel looking professional has it's benefits too, but most people keep telling me I look childish or cute rather than handsome or professional." he huffed looking a bit pouting now. He was rather childish to be fair in terms of his attitude and mannerisms, but he didn't seem all that too immature entirely. His clothing choices were rather suiting to him upon looking at it, boasting fresh and bright colors of red, blue, and oddly enough white. His shorts were a bit shorter similar to more elementary style, however not uncommon in hot climates and for playing sports like Soccer. His socks were neatly bundled as were his underwear nicely folded being brief style and sharing the same colors as his shirts, excluding one that was a faded pink and one a darker royal blue. Again, none of it seeming super name brand or highly expensive, but a bit above the normal spectrum of clothing quality.

Kino Akai
---------------------------​
Smoothly, Kino reaches down, grabs a pen and his purple notebook, sitting down facing Cyrus in such a position so that he couldn't see what the binded pages contained. He wrote down a description of Cyrus, and listed him as a, "Possible Allie?". Closing it, dropping it to the floor and kicking it under the bed casually, he looked back up at the curious guy. "I moved here about seven years ago. After an incident involving a kidnapping, I've been interested in mysterious crimes such as those. People call me ambitious, I call it a hobby. What about you? Your fascination seems near a level on mine." Kino looks to his right, and picks up the ruined coffee, and take a tiny sip, knowing he won't finish it. He never really like coffee in the first place, though he knew that most kids his age used it as a stimulant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back