• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The reality of fantasy

(If that's the case, I think I'm going to look for new members. Considering there are only three active member( that also means that the other inactive members characters will be revoked.) I'm going to make an update and change the status to need more members. That means we would have to restart, but we didn't get very far anyways so not much of a loss anyways.)

(All text behind this post is now void. The new posts start here.)

Slowly opening his eyes, Cyprian tried to think of why he was here. Where am I? Even though he was surprised that there was no memory of him getting here, he was more surprised that he had no memory at all. His mind was filled with questions and one other thing. A name. His name, to be exact. Cyprian. The name sounded strange, yet startlingly familiar. Rolling onto his knees, he was startled by the large sword and smaller dagger stabbed in the ground in front of him. Standing up, he also just noticed that there were five other people that were asleep, each of which also had a dagger and weapon in front of them. This is a bit odd...

Slipping back into consciousness there was a pounding in Zero's head. He began slowly opening his eyes, unable to process what had happened. Where am I? ..Did I die? What is this place? countless thoughts began seeping into his head as he tried to make it out. Zero. Immediately that name came to into his mind. Was it his name? It sounded familiar but he was unsure, and then he noticed the weapons before him a dagger, and a staff. It's like a fantasy. Slowly he picked them up placing the dagger away and taking the staff into his hands, using it to lean on as he slowly got up the pain in his head unending. It was then he noticed someone else standing in front of him and a few others upon the cold ground. Zero didn't know what to think of this. It was possible they were all in the same boat as him, but then what if the one before him caused this mess? It was a doubtful situation indeed. So, Sora tried to speak out. "Ugh..." but he couldn't the pain in his head was keeping him from thinking clearly, though it was starting to subside a little.

@MorticiansDaughter @SkyFilms

(Little Side note: Just tagged everyone I thought was in the role-play so they'd know it started again.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lyra quickly sat up gasping for breath as she woke up from her slumber. Coughing, she soon stopped her frantic actions when she realized that she was fine and didn't need to try so hard to breathe. Why did she automatically gasp for air when she woke anyways and why was she fine now? These questions kept plaguing her mind as she curiously looked at her surroundings. The only thing that came to her was her name however. Lyra.

Frustrated, her face turned into a point and she tried to focus her attention on the daggers in front of her. They were peculiar and in stark contrast with one another. One was bedazzled with sparkling, cream colored jewels while the only remarkable thing about the other was it's scabbard. Picking the two up, she studied them and forgot about the strangers around her.

Osmonds thin frame was pressed into the plush grass' surface lightly, his breaths steady and even as if he where asleep. His hair askew in each direction as he was unable to fix it in his unconscious state, and as if his hair was its own person naturally made it so his eyes where hidden as he preferred. Everything about the male was still and serene matching their beautiful surroundings until he awoke in which his breaths became more strained and sharp forming themselves so they where small and didn't support his lungs as his eyes flung open uselessly. His slender fingers though covered with the silk of white gloves grabbed at the grass to check his surroundings attempting to find where he was.

No information was evident within his mind except for the name Osmond, was it his own? He had mentally questioned but found no other reason to not believe that and decided that that was to be the answer. For a couple seconds he laid there opening and closing his eyes as he inspected the fact that no matter what state his eyes where in he'd only see the darkness which would plague someone without sight. Was he blind? The thought made him sit up abruptly and feel beneath his bangs, he had eyes but why didn't they work.

"Hello?" Osmond finally chose to call out in case someone may be nearby, his Irish accent lacing itself into his tone.

Startled by the voice, Cyprian stumbled backwards as he tried to slow his now heavy breathing. Looking in the direction of where the voice came from, he was greeted by the sight of a red headed boy dressed in particularly nice clothing. At this point, he had just noticed that two others beside hime and the red head had awakened. Maybe they might know what happened. Then maybe I could go back ho- His though was interrupted by the fact that he didn't have a home. Not one he could remember anyways. He was still surprised at his complete lack of memory. It feels empty..."H-hi" His voice was only a small mumble, just loud enough to be heard over the rustling of the trees, but quiet enough to where no one would hear him if he was over five feet away.

Osmond felt around uselessly as his head felt particularly bare as if he was meant to wear something atop it. To which his gloved fingers grazed the edge of an object, and although it was unseen to him it was a top hat coated in royal blue silk, soft to the touch. He placed it on his mop of hair readjusting it for a short moment before making sure he was comfortable with its position and answered to the sudden sound of a small but manly voice.

"Oh, um hello? Do you know where we are? Or well is there anything around us?" The red head questioned quizzically unaware that others may not be blind as himself, for without the knowledge of his past life he simply inferred that everyone else saw darkness as he did. Without much thought Osmond reached down and dusted off the surface of his pants, his bangs dancing in front of his broken eyes. When a sharp pain interjected his right knee making his stance falter, did he have a sort've injury? One which he didn't remember receiving?

"How strange." Lyra mumbled to herself as she examined the blades. She sheathed the plainer one and put the two daggers in their holds on each side of the belt wrapped around her white dress. Standing up, Lyra staggered not from a weak feeling in her knees, but rather from an uncommon strength to them. As she adjusted herself to the new feeling, she gazed at the others and listened to their confused inquiries that mirrored the ones going on in her mind. "U-um no, I don't know where we are exactly. Does anyone else have a clue?"

Zero looked around and began to walk leaning on his staff. Was this really his reality now? It felt as if he was forgetting something important. Something terribly important as if this was not his true world. Swiftly he placed his hand over his head and fell to his knees. The pain from the headache was irritating him greatly. It was only a matter of time before he lost it, or completely blanked out from the pain. It seemed to be going away at a faster rate. Perhaps, that it was just a side effect from waking up to swiftly and early. Zero got back onto his feet and began walking around a little trying to regain control. It was an odd feeling he felt something different inside of him. Why was he holding a staff? What is this dagger? Why do his memories seem blank to an extent? Who are the people around him? Why did he have a strange feeling inside of him? Thoughts were going through his head to no end. "This...isn't right?" he said to himself completely confused seemingly oblivious of the people around him now.

Seeing as the girl responded to the red heads question with the same answer he would have responded with, he let out a short sigh. It looks like she may be in the same situation as us. That lowers the chance of the other three knowing... "I know about as much as you." Looking at the other one who was awake and the other two that were still asleep, he tried to find even an ounce of hope.

Deciding to do as the other girl did, he stood back up and plucked the sword and dagger from the ground. The sword felt heavy, but in a good way. He could feel the cold steel through the thin paper like material covering the hilt. Slowly sheathing the sword on his back, he examined the dagger. It felt different. Almost like it had some sort of aura to it. The feeling was indescribable, but if it were to be simplified and put into words it would most likely be described as special. Lost in the thought of the feeling of holding the dagger, he hadn't yet noticed a man walk off with a staff.

Persephone felt warm as she lie down, its was soft she realized. When she opened her eyes everything was a bit fuzzy at first. She felt different. Was Persephone even her name now that she thought of it? As she came to even more se realized she didnt know what happened or how she got to be in this place. But in front of her lie strange objects, a large red scythe and a smaller dagger with little red jewels. She sat up and long cascading white hair fell around her face. She grabbed them both and they felt like they were made for her. When she looked up she noticed there were others and they looked equally confused.

Zero noticed how everyone was waking up and they all seemed just as confused. Though, this could also be a trick it was unlikely. Zero gripped his staff tighter and then noticed how he could actually feel everything. If this is what I think it is...being attacked is gonna suck. That thought passed through his mind thinking of the pain another weapon or attack could bring. Zero kept looking around and began walking some more. It was undecided should he wander by himself and try to figure this out, or should he stick around and hope someone would be the least bit helpful. By no means did he intend to use anyone but he didn't know what to do either. It's not like he could cast spells or something like that, and it's highly likely he wouldn't be able to defend himself much. Zero became lost in deep thought over this. It was starting to annoy him at the same time. Never in his entire life had he needed to think so hard on something.

Persephone finally sat up all the way and a red hood slid back off her head, "What am I wearing?" She looked down at herself and the villager like dress she was wearing. It reminded her of something but she wasnt sure what. She stood up with the help of the staff of the scythe but her legs still shook. Her energy was slowly returning but she didnt like feeling so defenseless even with these weapons. She eyed the dagger and the color of its gems. It was a beautiful weapon and she kept it close to her if or when she needed it.

Helena yawned as she felt the soft breeze drift over her form. The grass seemed to cradle her in its embrace as warmth shined down from above. She enjoyed it, truely she did, but she knew this was something wrong. Of her intelligence, remembering that she should be cooped up in her room with advanced physics and all the ins and outs of every math equation ever written, both by her of course, was child's play. The raiper beside her on the other hand, was perfect, unlike the ruse. The dagger was also exquisite. Her mood though, left much to be desired, and so she simply laid there, content to wait for some other thing to happen before moving.

"So, what do we do now? I assume none of us know what happened." Still trying to remember, he put his hand on his face and slowly dragged it down. Think. Why would you, along with five other people wake up in a forest with little to no memory and two weapons in front of them? The situation truly did seem hopeless.

"Well," Lyra answered, still amazed at the new found strength of her body for some reason. She didn't know why, but she expected to be in pain or at least weaker than it was now. "I suppose we could look around if everyone thinks that's a good idea. I don't think that much will happen if we just sit around here." She said all this while curiously gazing at her body and moving different parts of it around like an injured person would test their injuries when trying to assess the damage. She was dying to explore the area around her for answers.

Zero placed down his staff and sat down feeling the breeze, his head finally clear of pain. What could have possibly brought this? Why are we here? What are the daggers? Are we here to do something? "What reason are we here?" Zero said putting his head into his legs thinking hard about it. Yet he could not come up with anything. Was this situation hopeless? No, it couldn't be in the event of anything they were here for a reason right? And once that reason was finished maybe this blank slate in his memory would return? If he explored around maybe he'd find out something...about the dagger..about himself..if he even belonged in this forsaken world.

"As good as staying here is..." Xyz drawled out lazily. "Moving to a more secure location would be a good bet. I've had enough sleep as it is, too much would make me lethargic. Maybe we'll find something interesting to do along the way." She said as she stood up to her full height, placing the rapier and the dagger in sheathes that were already in her person. Quickly examining her clothes, she sighed. Her top was the same while the rest of her dress seemed to have been cut short while stockings not ran up her legs. It was functional enough she supposed, for combat if ever the need arose. "Do I have to wait for you, or can I go ahead?"

MorticiansDaughter said:
(Sorry guys I had things to worry about. Can someone catch me up?)
(Not much has happened. People woke up confused and on the ground and a suggestion has been made to leave the area and go explore.)

"Oh! I wanna come!" Lyra replied rather perkily. She expected to be tired but had this energy she couldn't quite explain. She wanted to bounce and run around and explore! Lyra supposed that the prospect of such an activity might as well be put to use as best as it could.

Freyja was holding her scythe close, she didnt know how to react to all this and didnt even know who these people were. She felt a little uncomfortable so she just kept her mouth closed while they figured out what to do.

(Ok im just gonna make my post like that for now xD )

(Looks like I got here just in time.)

Nodding at the suggestions of exploring the area, he quickly looked around him. "What direction should we go first? Because if we want to explore, we have a lot of ground to cover." It was true. The surrounding forest was pretty dense all around, and would be no easy task to navigate.

"Ummm, how about... That way!" Lyra simply pointed to a random direction in front of her with a smile on her face. She had no knowledge of geography in general nor that of the immediate area. She just thought that the direction she was pointing in was as good as any.

"Seems good. And if were all going to explore together, might as well get acquainted. I'm Cyprian. I think." Normally not the one to try and meet or talk with people, he was out of his element. What was his element, you may ask? Isolation. But when you suddenly gain consciousness with no memory, surrounded by strangers, and in the middle of the forest, you might as well make the best of what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back