• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Pub on the Edge of the World || IC

boo.

keep precious things
57f541c264d5c4f8d3cadfaee92794b1.jpg

Morning had just crested the horizon below, but even the first rays of light, which are so often the brightest, were not enough to cut through the ever-present fog that cloaked the forest below. That came as no surprise to Talin, the one and only innkeeper at the Dragonbone Pub. He had lived on the cliffs for as long as he could remember, first as a young boy helping his father's dream of a pub come true, then as a older man tending to it himself like a father himself. He often swore there was so much of his blood in the woodwork that it was almost like family.

Few people had stayed the night, but Talin was expecting company. About a fortnight ago, a note had been pasted to his door, written with an odd golden ink, saying that a certain number of travelers would be arriving within the month. Talin still had the note in the pocket of his apron, reaching in every so often just to touch it. When he did, a pleasant tingling spread throughout his body, and a smell of wild places surrounded him. The innkeeper had seen many strange things in his life, so it wasn't out of the question that something magical was about to happen.

The kitchen had been awake for some time, bustling about with the few staff Talin kept. The innkeeper himself was currently brewing up more portions of a special ale he liked to call "Talin's Bite". Some people had come just to taste it, for no one had been able to recreate it just right. It had quite the kick when first swigged, but began to bubble and fizz before melting away in a honey sweetness. Many couldn't pass the challenge of the first taste, however, so the few that had tasted the entire bouquet often referred to themselves as Champions, Talin included.

The cool, sweet morning air of the cliffs began to filter into the pub as Talin opened windows and propped the door open, cleaning out the stale pipe smoke from the night before. He stood in the doorframe, his large chest expanding and deflating as he drunk in his surroundings. Small pockets of snow lay on the ground, but the innkeeper expected them to be gone by midmorning, for he could feel the temperature rising steadily. It would be a glorious day.

In a sudden change of atmosphere, Talin called out, "Margie! Time to break our customers' fast. I don't hear no pots clangin' in the kitchen."

"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir. Right away, sir." A pale slip of a lass appeared for a moment in the kitchen entrance, dipping her head worriedly and bobbing up and down in awkward curtsies. She left as quickly as she had appeared, the rustling of pots now being heard.

"Second cousin Larabelle, my foot." Talin shook his head, still staring out the door. "That Margie's no relative of mine. Likely her folks just wanted rid of her."

"Rid o' who, you?" A creakingly old voice startled Talin, causing him to turn and catch sight of an extremely old man hobbling his way up the cobblestone path.

"Croaker! Ol' chum, I thought you died ages ago!" Talin let out a rippling laugh as he caught up the old man in a ferocious embrace, which was returned by a knock on the head by the old man's walking stick.

"Boil me bum, but sure an' I'm like an old wart, mate." Croaker grinned, displaying his five teeth. "You'll never rid o' me, not in this life or the next." He ripped himself from Talin and made his way into the pub, practically throwing himself on the nearest seat. "What's this about a Larabelle now?"

"Oh," sighed Talin, plopping down opposite his friend. "Few weeks ago, I got a letter from some old witch claiming to be my second cousin, and it came with this little ghost girl."

As if in response, a loud clang of pots and pans followed his statement, after which was a miserable, "Ow."

"Said I had to take her on as me staff, an' I didn't have the heart to turn her away. After all, Margie came this far, which is more than many others. Guess I'll just have to keep 'er."

Croaker laughed, an awful sound, banging his wooden staff on the floorboards. "Tough luck, Talin. Funny, never figgered you the soft type."

Talin made as if to reach across and slap the old man, but instead sat back with another sigh. "Maybe I'm just gettin' old, friend." Both men sat for a few moments, neither saying a word, when Talin got back to his feet. "Looks like I'd better get back to it. Customers are gettin' up, and I have a feelin' there'll be a few more through the day." The innkeeper pushed back his chair, getting up with effort, and began to walk back to the kitchens.

"Aren't I a customer, ye old stoat? Don't I deserve your 'tention?"

Croaker's plea stopped Talin, who looked over his shoulder for a moment. "Sure, but customers pay. You don't."

That sent Croaker into another fit of stick-banging giggles. Talin marched to the bar, a grin on his face. A mug of Talin's Bite sat on the counter, slightly warm, but he downed it with one swig. The great fireplace on the far right right side of the pub was crackling contentedly, creating a sort of morning-time symphony. There was really no better time to be alive.

Last edited:
Saying the trip had been long would still be an understatement. Not only because he had been riding for days on a horse, but also because he wasn't used to be alone like that. Ever since he had started his new life, Delastarh always had Metaralis around him. He had learned many things from the other man, things he would have never learned in the comfy rich world he grew up in. How to cook, how to sew, how to fight, how to use a bow, how to track, how to trap.

But this time, he was on his own. Metaralis hadn't been very interested in the invitation they found. He had contracts to do, people to protect. No time for going to hunt for treasures in a dangerous forest. But Delastarh couldn't let that occasion pass by. It was his childhood dream! A grand adventure where he would become a hero! So he went by himself. Promising his friend that he would come back. Because saying that Metaralis hadn't been worried would be a lie.

Delastarh yawned loudly, bringing tears to the corner of his eyes. He had packed up his small camp at first light in the morning, impatient to get to the comfy and warm pub. Hopefully, he'll be able to catch breakfast!

And as if the gods themselves had heard his wish of a good meal, the thin layer of morning fog from the high cliff dissipated, letting him finally see "the pub at the edge of the world". A smile stretched on the blond man's face. He was finally here!

"Come on, old coot, we are almost here!" he said to his mount, nudging his sides.

The horse - an old stallion that was grumpy like a donkey - stopped munching the grass on the side of the road and picked the pace toward the pub. They arrived next to the tall building only a few minutes later. Delastarh jumped down from the horse and tied its reins to the nearest wooden post. He patted the horse two times and grabbed his bag from the saddle before walking to the door.

As he pushed through the door, he mumbled, "I hope I am not too early..."

Last edited:
Silvette smiled warmly from her hammock, the sun dappling through gently. It was strung up between two trees in the little spit of woods she found on the side of the dirt path that led into the rocky outcroppings that The Pub called home. That's what other woodsman, adventurers, and mercenaries had called it, with this sort of warmth in their tone and faint smiles on their lips. With a place so full of life and promise, it was hard to pass up what opportunities lay within.

Reaching up from where her backpack hung on a small branch, she fished out her leather-bound book and her writing tool, a piece of graphite wrapped in twigs and fur. She chuckled as she flipped through the pages, this particular book detailed the plants and animals she found in this area of the world, littered mostly with animals and plants of hardy nature, built for survival on terrain rocky and unstable. Her sketches were like little passages into her memories, where she remembered the excitement she felt spying these organisms for the first time.

But today wasn't a day to work on the book, it was the day to finally see The Pub. Swinging out of her hammock, she strapped her backpack to her back with the hammock stuffed inside. By the looks of the map she studied the other day, the Pub wasn't too far off. Perhaps a warm bath could be in her future, crinkling her nose, she knew she needed one.

An hour passed and Silvette's legs halted when she finally laid eyes on the Pub, stunned at it's beauty. A beauty that she knew others may turn their nose at, but this was art to her. The structures seemed to be built on a whim, different areas made with different building materials. Almost as if patrons made suggestions and the Pub keeper accommodated them over time with what he or she had.

Squinting, she made out messenger birds and an aviary near the top, making a mental note to visit it at some point.

Wood smoke burned and the smell of food cooking began to fill the air as the building creaked, the floorboards and ceilings waking up and stretching with patrons coming to life. She smiled like an idiot as she hustled up the path to the door.

The core of an apple was tossed onto a pile of thawing snow, and upon landing was immediately assaulted by a hungry raven. A woman sat cross-legged nearby. Her pointed ears peaked from beneath her auburn hair, indicating her elven descent. She dressed dark, sporting a woolly black tunic and matching pants. A violet scarf was wrapped around her neck, whose end she used to wipe icy condensation off the mask she held.

She seemed to descend into a trance whilst cleaning the mask. At one moment she was scrubbing in swift, clockwise motions, and the next she was performing a slow, counterclockwise swab. The raven, having finished pecking at its meal, turned to the elf and squawked loudly. The woman ceased her relentless cleaning, her mask now gleaming in the morning sun.

"Aye. I know." She said in response to the bird's call.

She donned her mask and forced herself to stand. Her muscles ached in protest as her joints popped. Her journey to find this legendary pub took a couple off weeks, with the last tiring stretch being taken entirely on foot. She was initially hesitant about coming out here. Only two kinds of people would journey across the land because a mysterious letter told them to; those who were gullible or those who had nothing better to do in life. She supposed she was the latter, taking the trip once curiosity triumphed over caution. She had nothing to lose and a lot to possibly gain.

She picked up her bow and deerskin quiver, quickly brushing off some snow before slinging them over her shoulder. She began her trek up the rugged trail with the raven flying after her. Her movements were stiff, but she forced herself to move hurriedly. The pub was close; she could feel it in her bones. Her only goal now was to reach it before midday.

Eventually the less traveled path she hiked on fused with the worn trail most took. It took every bit of energy she had to crouch on the roadside. The raven landed close by and promptly began its noisy ruckus, urging the elf to continue.

"Silence, Sty." She commanded, and the bird reluctantly quieted down.

Her eyes peeked through the mask, surveying the various tracks on the road. She focused on the fresher ones that headed towards the pub, taking particular interest in the horse tracks. The raven hopped in front of her and clicked its beak.

"I'm moving. I'm moving." She stood at once and continued forward, satisfied that she had a guesstimate of how many patrons were currently at the pub.

Soon enough the cliff side pub came into sight. It was more grandeur than she had imagined. She was half expecting a decrepit building. The horse whose tracks she had spotted was also there, the steed posted near the entrance way. She tightened the strap of her quiver. The strange letter she received was inside it, wrapped around an arrow's shaft. The raven landed on the elven woman's shoulder at the click of her tongue, and together they ventured inside.

Last edited:
Trying to reread the letter handed by a odd fellow while trekking with his last group, Torik sits up by his nearly extinguished fire. Only able to understand a few key words, he wonders the possibilities that can be had in this pub. Chuckling, he remembers a saying the last group use to kick around while drinking, "last one standing pays the bill," before stashing the letter in his left boot.

After a moment of dabbling in the past, he picks himself up, wipes his hair back, and stomps out the remaining embers in the fire. He picks up his armor, inspecting the nicks and cuts from previous encounters. He also examine his skulls attached it, three in total. Two strung across his chest piece and one attached to his belt. Seeing everything in order, he puts it on, grabs his stone axes stowing them away, and continued his hike through the rocky terrain to reach his goal.

Throughout the travel, he constantly tries to remember all the words he can, speaking each one out, treating it as game. It goes on for a while before he starts repeating the same words over and over.

The pub reaches Torik's weary line of sight after a days worth of travel. He breathes a sigh of relief and stretches out his arms and legs before starting his last leg of the trip. A second wind engulfs the stalwart as he comes within earshot, he hears the usual bustle of this type of establishment and feels at home. Approaching the pub, he walks towards the doorway amazed by the expansive size of place in such an area.

Reaching the doorway, he passed a horse who stomped his feet as Torik passed. He hoped to find a place to rest his feet, quench his thirst, and silence his stomach. Living on what he could ration from his supplies left him in a poor situation. With the intention to have all three fulfilled, he ducks through the entrance.

Sure enough, Talin's assumption about customers was right. As morning passed to midmorning, the innkeeper saw several new arrivals to the inn. The ground floor, which was the pub, was already bustling with activity, much different from the day before. Talin took it upon himself to know his customers, but before he went to greet any, he took another look at his note.

The few lines written on it told him that beings from all around the world had gathered for a quest of some sort, and that they were waiting for something. But what? Did they even know? Talin had been itching for a good mystery, and this was about it. Some of these newcomers just had to be the ones that were told of in the note, but it was impossible to tell which ones they were. Thankfully, Talin was a wily man, one that knew how to get information- and least, most of the time.

The innkeeper practically flew from table to table, serving customers and making small talk in the process. As he did so, he kept a lookout for anyone that might be out of the ordinary. A young human male had just entered, one that had some experience and rogue-ish looks about him, and whose face practically spoke of adventure. Talin decided to start there.

"G'mornin', boy! Welcome to the Dragonbone Inn, pride and joy of... Me. I see ye have a horse, so I'll take 'im to the stables fer ye. Go on an' take a seat, an' someone'll serve ye." Talin patted the boy's back heartily, a grin on his face. Without waiting for an answer, he slipped out the door, grabbing the old horse's reins and taking him to the stables, where he handed him off to one of the stable hands.

When the innkeeper returned, two more customers had arrived: both females, a human and an elf, by the looks of it. The former had the air of an intellectual about her, even though she looked mighty indeed, and the latter was more mysterious-typical, for an elf.

"Welcome, lassies! Ah, I bet ye traveled here together, eh? Always room for two friends. Take a seat, an' I'll be with ye." Talin, who figured that the two females actually didn't know each other at all, threw his arms around them as if they have known each other their whole lives, then pushed them to a table for two. "I won't be too long, I promise."

Only a few moments later, a creature Talin hadn't seen in ages forced his way in, but Talin was all smiles. "Buckle me britches an' drown me in beer, a giant! Ah, lad, I haven't seen your kind for some time." Talin was tall, but not tall enough to even touch the giant's shoulders. That didn't phase him, however, as he greeted him. "We have your size seats an' tables over yonder." The innkeeper pointed to the right, where various sizes in seating were. "'Twill be me pleasure servin' ye, sir."

Mystikelh Mystikelh MuskyMuscovado MuskyMuscovado Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie Sammv Sammv

Last edited:
When Delastarh entered, he was relieved to see that the place was already up and lively. The ambient air was warm from the fireplace and smelled like fresh bread, making his stomach growl impatiently. Luckily, he was quickly welcomed by the innkeeper. He was quick on his word, not leaving him room to say anything.

"Thank you," he simply said as the man walked out to take care of his horse.

Doing as he was said, the blond man walked to an empty table and took a seat. He dropped his bag on the table in front of him, where he could keep an eye on it. He had learned to always keep in check his belongings, even in places that looked safe. The safest inn was the perfect place for thieves to pickpocket you.

While he waited to be served, he opened his back and retrieved the invitation that led him here. He reread it, looking for any indication of what to do once they were here, but there was nothing. Well, he was here. That's all he needed to do. So he sat back, an arm over the back of his chair, and relaxed.

The innkeeper was back inside, welcoming more newcomers. The blond man observed them. He cracked a smile as the two ladies were pushed on a table together, not too far from his own. It was clear that they had no idea who the other was. When the man left them on their own, Delastarh waved at them with a charming smile.

If Delastarh had something going for him, it was his charisma and flirty nature. He was a social butterfly, always looking for new acquaintances and occasions for a pleasant conversation. And if he could make a few people blush at the same time, it was just a bonus. Though he was a flirt, he was never pushy, not actually trying to date everyone he flirted with. It was just how he was. His bounty hunter partner, Metaralis, could tell you a lot about it, being the target of most flirting throughout the days. What could Dela say? His friend was an attractive man and no, he didn't mind people's gender.

When the giant entered, though, the blond man looked genuinely surprised. Coming from a kingdom mostly composed of humans with only a few elven people and dwarfs, it was his first time seeing a giant. He always considered himself tall, but it was nothing next to that man! The blond man couldn't help but smile like a child. The adventure didn't even begin and he was already discovering new people!

Silvette beamed happily as the barkeeper threw his arms around her and the mysterious she-elf, but
before she could even introduce herself, the energetic man whisked them to a table and was off to greet other patrons.

"Well, I guess we have to be friends now!", Silvette giggled, offering the masked elf her hand."Silvette is my name, and I adore your raven," she admired, the beautiful bird perched on her shoulder proudly.

The bar was bustling already and for someone so accustomed to spending her days in the woods, it was like an exotic wonderland. Whenever she traveled, she always looked forward to going into cities and busy places. They were so full of noise and bustling energy, and she did love the slower pace of living in nature, but her little civilized excursions always peaked her curiosity.

Va-Heda had been travelling for some time now.

Many moons ago, she'd been on a trek that seemed to encompass half the continent at the very least when she'd been interrupted. A series of events that she hardly seemed to recall now ensued, leaving her confused, and eventually, heading off in a completely different direction from where she'd been or where she'd been going. What followed that interruption had left her with an invitation of sorts, one she would have discarded if not for the fact that it was addressed to her and contained promises and opportunities that seemed almost personally directed at her. It couldn't be anything short of something magical or greatly important. Her money was set on both.

After finding a nearby town and sending another bird back to her lady to inform her of the change of plans, she switched course and made the long journey to a curious cliffside pub.
Ever prepared, she arrived well in advance, though she decided to spend some of these days in a close by village, a few days out, rather than linger around the pub and waste her coin. She attempted to gather information, but the villagers must've known nothing. Nothing, not her coin and not her sword could get a peep out of a single person. Nevertheless, she arrived a full day early than the date specified on the letter, deeply suspicious and unnerved.

The morning of, she makes her way downstairs, her things already neatly tucked back into her pack, her armour oiled and her sword sharp. Her bow lays unstrung in her quiver and her dagger is strapped securely to her thigh. Soon, the commotion and smells of downstairs draw her in, and she thumps down the stairs, eyes flickering and taking in the surroundings.

The innkeeper, a man she'd met the night before, was bustling around, bubbly and cheerful, herding newcomers into tables and bringing them food or ale, making sure everyone had their fill. She watches as the man shoves two confused women together into one table and one eyebrow arches, stepping off the final stair.
Reluctantly realising that she'd have to socialise with the man in order to break fast, she sits herself down on a bench separate from most of the patrons and waves him over.

"Your strongest ale," she says dryly, looking warily over at the giant of a man that had just entered. One of the women was chattering away, immediately making Va feel tired, just from listening. She reaches into her coin purse and takes a handful out, spilling them on the table. "Faster than whatever any of them want, would you?" The Lady's coin most certainly came in handy.

The fragrant scent of cooking food was the first thing that greeted the elven woman, tickling her nose as she stepped inside the pub. Her mask blocked most of the aroma, but it still caused her stomach to grumble despite her recent meal. She removed the hungry thoughts from her head. Her immediate concern was trying to find out what to do now that she arrived, and perhaps relax her muscles while doing so. The raven focused on the kitchen however, listening to the clanging of distant pots and pans.

"Ood?" Squawked Sty, his beady eyes now level with an unfinished plate of food.

The greedy bird's question was usually met with a 'not now', but the elf was interrupted before she could give her standard reply. She flinched, startled as an arm was thrown around her. She turned to the culprit, an old man whose other arm was thrown around another woman. It quickly became apparent that he was the innkeeper, and an energetic one at that. Words escaped her, and she was swept away to nearby table, her raven struggling stay on her shoulder in the process.

"Wait! I'm afraid your..." She began once seated, but the innkeeper had already rushed to the other side of the room, tending to another customer's needs. "...mistaken." She finished, somewhat dazed.

"Riends?" Said Sty in response to the red headed woman, and the elf became aware she was being spoken to.

The lady she was seated with was different than the typical human female. She seemed to radiate strength, being sturdy instead of delicate. Her exuberant personality was also unexpected, and the elf had never met anyone who was so friendly to a total stranger. She looked down, realizing that the woman had been offering her hand for some time.

"Uh, I'm Ama." She replied cautiously, slowly returning the handshake. Her tongue clicked once more, and the raven hopped off her shoulder, landing on the table. "This bird o' mischief is Stygian, or Sty for short."

She removed her quiver and bow, gently placing her belongings on the floor. Her gaze traveled across the establishment, searching for the innkeeper. It didn't take long to spot him. The quick geezer was welcoming a giant, whose very presence drew the eyes of many. She didn't linger on the colossal man, instead following the innkeeper's path to another woman who sat at an outlying table. She was not human, elf, or any other race Ama knew of. She didn't dwell on the mysterious woman too long, more amazed at the diversity within the inn.

Silvette noticed Ama's hesitation at her handshake, making note that the masked elf wasn't much of the touchy type. Silvette was always a bit excitable and boisterous, but also a realist. She knew her bubbly ways could rub some the wrong way.

"Ama is a lovely name," she complimented, watching warmly as the raven plopped down onto the table."I am quite affectionate towards beasts, especially towards clever ravens like your Stygian," Silvette admired, offering the raven her finger to gently stroke his chest.

Silvette did the same as Ama, taking her bow and quiver off her back to lay beside her chair. If Ama stuck around, she made a note to discuss archery with her.

With the activity within this bar at such an early hour, it became ever more clear to Silvette that this place was so much more than a bar. She was sure to many adventurers, this place was the closest thing to a home they have ever had. And what a home it was! With the kindly and excitable barkeep, the noise, the smell of a home cooked meal, and the many different races coming in and out-she wouldn't mind making this her home away from home.

She noticed Ama taking it all in as well."A right near magical place, innit?," she commented, her eye catching a tall, blonde, muscular man seated at nearby empty table."With good views to boot," she grinned and winked at Ama, motioning towards the strapping man.

The bustling of the tavern brought a sense of homeliness to a homeless traveler like himself. As he entered, Torik quickly scanned the pub before being greeted a nice fellow who offered proper accommodations to rest his feet. Grateful for offer, He responds "Yes, I like that," as he gave a thumbs up in appreciation before making his way to an appropriate table.

Besides common patrons, he spotted a few that seemed out of place. He quickly noticed a particularly unusual one, one that he hasn't ran into much before. Similar to one he met while travelling, the green skin is a distinct feature that's hard to forget. Torik remembered to mind their presence for they are more lethal then most. The second one was a masked elf with a bird who was conversing with stoic woman. Both seeming well-off and capable. The last one he noticed was a blond man who seems very extroverted and confident.

Torik keeps these little notes as he moves near a large table. He takes his skull from his belt and sits it on the table before sitting himself in the chair next to it. He reexamines it to pass some time before the innkeeper is free to request ale and food.

Late ! Late, late, late ! Oh, How could have i been this late ?

Late. That was the only word Albaran had in his head for the next minutes, when he realized how much time he wasted on his way to the famous « Pub » he kept hear things about. But that wasn’t his fault ! The Terebrian wasn’t used to go on such places before, and everything was so… fantastic ! So, of course, maybe he stopped when he saw creatures, or plants he never saw before, yes, maybe he spent a lot of time wandering out of the main path, yes, probably…

He was ashamed right now. What if they were gone without him ? A great adventure, gone, just because he was late ! How stupid !

So now, the Terebrian was running, running, running as fast as he could to the Pub, if he was lucky, then maybe they were about to go, and maybe he could still join, have an adventure, and he could prove his father that those traditions of him were stupid, that he was perfectly able to be a strong Terebrian, like he was before !

Finally, he saw the Pub main entrance. No one could be seen. Were they gone already ? No ! Maybe… maybe they were still inside, maybe he wasn’t that late after all ! The young man continued running and entered abruptly in the pub.

The young man panted as he looked around. Looked like no one was gone. So he wasn’t late after all ? That was a good thing, then !

A big, chidlish smile appeared on the Terebrian face, as he walked in. He looked around, and his cheeks blushed as he saw that there were a tone of people in this place ! Good thing his skin was red, so no one could see that.

Albaran kept smiling, and waved his hand to no one in particular.

« H-Hello. » He said shyly. Okay. He said hi. Now what ? Geez, Albaran wasn’t used to interact with that much people.

Last edited:
When the Githzerai came down from the inn above, Talin gave her his immediate attention. She seemed important, or at least, rich. Now, Talin was an honorable man, but a coin was a coin. With a wink to the female, he snatched up the money and returned quickly with a large mug of his own brewed drink, making a mock bow towards her before turning and tending to the Terebrian, plopping him down in a table. " 'Aven't seen your kind for some time, my boy. Ye must've traveled far to be here. Tell ye what: yer first drink's on me." Another wink, and Talin soon returned with a mug filled with slightly less strong ale.

The rest of the morning went very well for Talin. Several others arrived, and those from the inn upstairs had come down, and breakfast had to be served to all. The innkeeper didn't mind the work; in fact, he rather enjoyed it. He went this way and that, a tray of mugs here, and fresh biscuits there. There were no spills that morning, which Talin counted as a blessing, and everyone seemed to be satisfied.

Talin had just sat himself down to a plate of warm tarts, feeling himself very deserving considering all he had done, when he felt a tingle run across his spine. It felt very much like when he had touched his note earlier, only this time he wasn't touching it. A warm breeze that smelt of spring wafted in through the half-open door, and he swore he could hear the faintest sound of tinkling bells. Talin closed his eyes, taking in the lovely senses that seemed to surround him, when he realized it wasn't normal. He had felt it before, and he was feeling it now: Something was going to happen, and very soon.

In that same moment, the door creaked open slowly, announcing to the whole of the pub that someone had arrived. That had happened many times before, so that might have seemed like there was nothing unusual, but this time something was different. The air was light and perfumed, and anyone eating would suddenly realize their food was bursting with flavor. As Talin sipped at his drink, he could feel its strong taste intensify.

A long shadow was cast into the floor of the pub as the silhouette of a man was created by the light behind him. Talin slowly brought his eyes up, up, up to see the figure itself. He first saw the dark blue boots, decorated by golden buttons and filigree and twirled up the sides and over the toes. Light brown pants that looked virtually untouched were next, fastened by a leather belt with a large golden clasp. A coat of the same blue as his boots hung all the way down to his knees, and was crisply ironed and featured golden designs on the cuffs and edges. The white linen shirt underneath was was pristine and buttoned, but not the entire way to the collar. Several chains of varying lengths and metals hung about his neck, displaying more than one precious stone that glittered in the firelight of the pub.

But it was the man's face that captured the most attention, for while it displayed youth, there was also a certain wisdom that clung to the edges. The man's visage was narrow and well-defined by his cheekbones, and his chin was clean-shaven. His ears poked out in points amidst his stark white hair, which was brushed smooth with a slight undulation. Eyes of an icy blue peered with a bit of a mischievous stare, pinpointing every being in the pub. He seemed of a well-bred sort, as if he had been raised in wealth, and yet his unspoken rougeish attitude seemed to convey that he had done his fair share of roaming.

At first glance, some might have brushed the stranger off as a mere elf, not unlike the one that was currently inside the pub. But this being was no elf, and Talin could tell. While many beings, including elves, could harness magic, this man seemed to emanate it from every pore in his body, as if he was something ancient and mystical.

While it seemed like forever that he stood in that one spot, only a few moments passed before the man entered, his eyes scanning every corner of the pub as if he was searching for something. When he caught sight of Talin, his face spread into a wide smile, and he bowed to the intrigued innkeeper before sticking out a gloved hand.

"Talin Fortwright- It is truly my deepest pleasure to enter into such an esteemed estate and make acquaintances such as this." The man's voice was youthful and pleasant, and it rang out like a chime. "I pray you received my note! I was loathe to drop by with my party without first informing you."

Talin was stunned, but grasped the stranger's hand in a firm handshake, his eyebrows knotted together quizzically. "Aye, I have the note. Ye seem to have caught me at a disadvantage- you know me, but I've never seen ye before."

"Ah, allow me to introduce myself, esteemed colleague," apologized the man, not taking a seat even when Talin waved a hand to the empty chairs. "I am Fey."

Having expecting a much larger title, Talin nodded thoughtfully. "Pleasure, Mister Fey. Now- ye said ye had a party with you. Will they be comin'?"

Fey laughed, a twinkle in his eye as he confessed, "Now that's where I'm at a disadvantage, Talin. I've no idea what they look like. But if you give me a few minutes, I believe I'll be able to find them. They're- already here, I think."

The innkeeper was now completely confused, but nodded once more. "Aye... Well then, I'll leave ye to it, sir."

~~~

Margie had been in the kitchen the entirety of the morning, slaving- at least, that's what she thought- by the hot stoves. Then again, it was better than being with Auntie Lara, who treated her no better than a hired hand. Margie didn't really know if she was her Aunt, but she was supposed to be taking care of her like a relative would.

She had just been about to take a rest when she heard the door of the pub open yet again, which likely meant more work. Heaving herself to her feet, the young girl stumbled to the door of the kitchen, where she looked out across the scene. It was much more crowded than she had thought, and there were several interesting figures that had taken refuge in the inn. There were several humans, as always, but an elf had made her way to the Dragonbone Pub as well, a sight none-too-common. There was also a giant, of which Margie had only ever seen a handful, and a Githzerai, which was a species completely new to the girl. There was also a boy who had just entered, one with red skin and odd horns. He looked kind enough, though slightly embarrassed.

But it seemed as if everyone's attention was elsewhere. As she followed the gazes of many, she caught sight of the stranger that had just entered, a fancy man she supposed to be another elf. His countenance was spectacular, and Margie watched in wonder as he began to speak with Talin. Once, he glanced upwards, making eye contact with the girl. With a squeak, she flinched back into the kitchen, almost running into one of the cooks. Ignoring his complaints, Margie poked her head back out, fascinated by the strange man.

After a while, he turned his attention elsewhere, causing the girl to think that perhaps he would be off. Margie sighed and returned to her work, unaware that Fey's gaze was on the back of her head as she entered the kitchen.

~~~

After a few moments, Fey's pleasant voice returned to the scene. "I do believe I've found my companions," he stated no one in particular, but Talin supposed it was to the whole of the pub.

"Hrm... Ah yes, that would be... You," he muttered, pointing to the young male human with the blonde hair, "And... Both of you ladies." Fey turned to the female human and the elf, winking broadly at them.

"Yes, the giant, too. Indeed. And you," he said, pointing to the Githzerai, "And the Terebrian as well." Fey grinned as he stood in the center of the pub, several curious gazes staring at him as if expecting him to do something amazing. "If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see your notes, just so I know I've got the right bunch."

~~~

Mystikelh Mystikelh

Delastarh feels something as Fey enters- a thrill of excitement, perhaps, and a rush of adrenaline. As the stranger talks to Talin, he hears something, almost like a whisper, in his ear:

You long for an adventure, son of nobles. A man once guided you as a boy, but now you must guide yourself to become a man. Fear not the uncertain horizons, for there lies your calling.

MuskyMuscovado MuskyMuscovado

Silvette can feel a burst of new life as Fey enters, and she can practically hear an entire forest of birds singing and the perfume of flowers in the air. As the stranger talks to Talin, she hears something, almost like a whisper, in her ear:

More than meets the eye, bright mind. Follow your heart, but when stone knocks, follow your instinct. You are braver than you appear, but do not become overconfident.

Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie

When Fey enters, Ama feels a tingle run down her spine, and the shadows in the pub seem to lengthen. What she feels isn't threatening- rather, it feels exciting and mysterious. As the stranger talks to Talin, she hears something, almost like a whisper, in her ear:

You've been called, leader of thieves. Your skill in shadow is unmatched, but do not be afraid when light is all there is. Keep an eye ever to the heavens above, for wings search to destroy.

Sammv Sammv

Torik's ancestry comes rushing back to him as Fey enters- he can hear the rumbling songs of the giants of old, and the scent of mountain heather reminds him of the land of giants. As the stranger talks to Talin, he hears something, almost like a whisper, in his ear:

Giant heart, you care more than than others think. Be wary, for a side of you yet unknown waits to corrupt the day. Keep your own self ever-present.

Lixy Lixy

Va-Heda, when Fey entered, could hear the sound of metal against metal, her own shouts as she trained, and could practically smell the home she had been raised in. But she could tell something was missing- she was being pulled in a different direction, away from everything she had known. As the stranger talks to Talin, she hears something, almost like a whisper, in her ear:

All is not right, warrior. You seek, and yet run from what you do not know. Find your key and fix what has been broken, but keep your wits about you. Do not linger in the shadows.

Ignie Ignie

As Fey enters, Albaran can hear and smell his home, the farm he grew up on. He feels the rush of adventure that calls him elsewhere, but in the distance he can also hear the beat of drums. It forms an ancient rhythm, on that he knows is from his real home. As the stranger talks to Talin, he hears something, almost like a whisper, in his ear:

Beloved, and yet forbidden. Your destiny was forgotten, for unbalance kept you from glory. Do not focus on what has been lost; carve a new path through the mist. Prove your fate to be yours.

Va-Heda had seen many people of many walks of life and backgrounds but never had she encountered someone who made her skin crawl as quickly as this decorated stranger who entered the pub did.

Even under normal circumstances, Va would have kept her distance from such a loud and unknown character, but in this particular case, the situation was far from normal. She watches him sharply from the moment he enters onwards, knowing immediately she would not like what she saw.
Not even a second passes after than man's entrance before she's on her feet, her chair scraping, tipping backwards, her hand on the hilt of her sword. The sounds of metal clashing and own voice, echoing and far away, fill her ears and send a ripple up her spine. Familiar smells shroud her senses, almost succeeding in coaxing her into a false sense of home and security. Overwhelming and confusing emotions swell in her chest, her grip tightening on the hilt of her sword as the words strike a cord inside her she didn't know she possessed.
Thoughts of her lady, and indeed the mission she'd been pursuing before this detour, fill her head while the rest of her wants to be elsewhere. There was a vacuum where there should be a purpose, and though the feeling wasn't permanent, she was shaken for a long while after it faded.

The sensations lasted both a moment and an eternity, leaving her, to say the least, confused, suspicious and angry.

Taking a threatening step towards the mysterious elf, she half-draws her sword and bares her teeth. "I do not think you're in the position to be making requests, elf-man," she says evenly, squaring her jaw. "I don't take kindly to magics I do not approve of." She says her words shortly, taking another purposeful step towards the man.
"I do think you are the one who owes an introduction." Her last words were almost spat, never once taking her hand off her sword. Who was this man, sending out magical letters and whispering words directly into her mind, promising things he should have no knowledge of and presuming some semblance of authority over her? She had no idea who this man was, and that just wouldn't fly.

Her resolve for even coming to this place was tentative at best, and unless she got the explanation she felt deserved after that demonstration, she doubted she would stick around long enough to even consider killing the elf.

Albaran’s anxiety soon disappeared, as he was warmly welcomed. Everything went fine, finally, right ? The young boy chuckled nervously, relieved.

« Oh, yes. Me neither to be honest. Except my father. » He politely answered the man that was talking to him. « And you are right again, i come from far away. I heard about this place, and i decided to come here ! » He gave him a big, bright smile, smile that went bigger as the man offered him a drink. « Oh, thank you ! Thank you very much ! » He said happily as he took the drink. Hey, this place wasn’t so bad. His father was wrong on some point, it’s not that bad to travel in the world. He will tell him everything once he’ll come home, and he will prove him that he is strong enough to defeat that stupid tradition !

~~

The hours passed, and Albaran’s excitement never left him. He was in a place he never visited before, and it was his first adventure ever ! The Terebrian tried not to show how exited he was, but it was a very difficult task. Instead, he simply kept a big, childish smile on his face.

However, when the figure entered, Albaran suddently shivered. Woah, that was really sudden. The Terebrian raised his head and looked at the newcomer, only to look immediatly at his feet, and trying to cower the best he could, but how would you expect to look discreet, when you are a Terebrian ? Albaran kept looking at his feet, when he smelled something, that ring a bell. Oh yes, the fresh air of the mountains, next to the farm, but an usual sound too. Drums. Father oftenly told him stories of his clan, and the young Terebrian always pictured the proud people of his kind, fighting, going on adventure, with the sounds of drums in the background, sounding like an epic adventure was awaiting them. Oh, Albaran always wanted to go on an adventure so badly, because of this. He wanted to make his father proud. And he was about to do so.

The sudden whisper, coming from nowhere but from his head, made the young Terebrian jump. Wh-What ? Who was talking to him ? He looked around, surprised, but no one near him seemed to talk to him. However, he was pretty sure the newcomer had something to do with it. He couldn’t tell why, but he felt it.

As he heard that he was mentionned, he raised his head and looked at the newcomer. He asked for his notes. Oh yeah… the note. Albaran started looking for the piece of paper in his bag, when another customer started raising her voice. She wanted to know who he was, and yeah, she was right, Albaran wanted to know too. However, he still put out his note and put it silently on the table.

Last edited:
Delastarh chuckled at Silvette's comment. He liked her already!

He kept looking around, observing also the place. He was pretty good at that. You had to be when he was back home. People assumed that the life of the nobles and riches was easy. After all, when you had enough money to get whatever you wanted what could happen to you? A lot, actually. The tier of the nobles was full of liars, cheaters, leeches, and backstabbers. They pretended to be your friend to use you, then discard you at the first occasion. And you'd do the same. Because that's how you survived there. And that's why Delastarh left his "perfect little world". He might not have all the money and respect, but at least he didn't have to fear that his meal was poisoned every time he ate something.

So he didn't miss the lizard woman coming down the stair, an air of disdain when she saw the room full of people, before ordering ale by throwing a good amount of money on the table. Something that the innkeeper didn't waste any second to collect and go back to get her what she wanted.

Then the door opened again, this time a red devil-like man entered, breathless. Things were getting weirder and weirder for the human. The horned man looking around, clearly nervous, before muttering a salutation. He was immediately welcomed by the innkeeper once he was done with the lizard lady's order.

"I wish Metaralis was here to see all of that," he muttered to himself.

But his train of thought was interrupted by a warm meal being placed on the table. He smiled brightly, thanking the person who brought it to him, and started digging in. Note to self for future long travel: Bring more food.

A shiver ran through him when the pub's door opened again and a beautiful elf walked in. Delastarh swallowed the food he had in his mouth before staring at him with awe and wonder. His heart started pumping faster, his fingers becoming twitchy as if his body was ready to go somewhere his mind didn't know about. The words were whispered in his hear, leaving the man confused. Who was that elf and how did he do that? Also, how did he knew about him!?

The stunning elf pointed at him, and the blond man couldn't help but press his lips in a thin line. When he asked for the note, he quickly reached for it on the table, but his attention was quickly drawn to the lizard woman threatening the newcomer.

Delastarh frowned. He didn't like this woman already...

Last edited:
Happily lounging back in her chair from her delicious breakfast, Silvette didn't even notice the fantastical elf as he entered. But the hush that fell over the noisy bar made her become hyper-aware as to what was going on, which is when her eyes finally found the elf man that entered the bar. She'd met plenty of elves and she adored their company as they shared many things in common. But this elf...he was none of the frolicking, woodland dwelling sort. His visage took her aback, his perfectly clean and beautiful clothing a stark contrast to her hunting leathers and furs. His face was mesmerizingly handsome, but showed he was so much more than a pretty face.

Before she could do anything, Silvette's entire body began to become warm. Not sickly warm, but as if sunlight were filling her up with its glow. She breathed in what reminded her of the flowers that surrounded her home, intensely floral and sweet. The birds singing in her ears were those she had studied and recorded, coming together in the most beautiful melody. Grasping the table before her, she was completely taken aback, but comforted and at peace. The gentle voice whispered into her ear. Advice...and a warning. Without knowing what to make of it, the floral scents and sounds of the wildlife faded and back in the tavern she was, the elven man before her.

He needed...companions? Addressing the handsome blonde man first, he turned his attention to Silvette and Ama, winking at them. Silvette could only cock her head in confusion as he picked her out.

Suddenly the reptilian woman, furious, drew her sword to elven man as another man tentatively placed his note before the man. A simple request that infuriated the woman, Silvette stood and drew her hunting knife from the leather sheath she had strapped to her thigh.

"Calm yourself! You insult this elf and he has done nothing to harm you!," Silvette shouted, moving herself to stand between the warrior and the mysterious stranger.

The crowd within the pub grew greater as the morning stretched on, and seats and benches quickly filled up with new faces. Some were human and others were less so, such as the crimson skinned male with horns protruding from his head. The innkeeper's pace seemed to increase, and Ama had a difficult time tracking his movements as he weaved in and out of the crowd. The elf declined the ale that was being offered, but she did grab a biscuit for Sty, who was currently enjoying Silvette's affection.

Ama idly passed her time by breaking up bits of biscuit and tossing them to Sty. The raven would catch a crumb thrown to it, gobble it down, and impatiently wait for the next piece to come. They were halfway through the biscuit when a new individual walked through the door.

She ceased her current activity, much to Sty's chagrin, and observed the elven man with wide eyes. She was somewhat detached from her own kind, so seeing another elf was an exceptionally rare occurrence for her. Perhaps it's because most elves chose to live in nature as opposed to the city slums Ama was familiar with.

Her pointed ears perked up as she tried to eavesdrop on the newcomer's conversation with the innkeeper, but she heard nothing. In fact it seemed as if the entire pub had went silent. The shadows within the room extended, slowly crawling across the floor, walls, and ceiling. She should have felt alarmed. She wanted to feel alarmed. But no apprehension was felt, and instead a rare feeling surfaced inside her: excitement. The contrast between light and shadow had reached its peak when a soft voice spoke.

The restless raven, irritated at the lack of biscuit he was receiving, simply walked up to his master's hand and wrestled his meal out of her grip, snapping the female elf out of her daze. Her surroundings were now normal, and whatever surreal spell she was under seemed to have worn off.

The elven male picked those who would accompany him, Ama included, before asking them to show their notes. Some complied to the request, while the solitary woman from the inn became aggressive. The situation only escalated when Silvette stepped in with knife in hand.

Ama had no intention of getting into some overblown disagreement, however, she couldn't bring herself to just trust this stranger she knew nothing about. The voice that had spoken knew she was, and she could count those who knew her former identity on one hand. Nevertheless she sorted through her quiver, retrieving the arrow with the note wrapped around its shaft. She carelessly tossed it on the table before standing up.

"I partially agree with yellow skin over there. I like to know who I'm workin with before I start following em all willy nilly." She spoke calmly, but she observed the elf's movements with wary eyes. "I also want to know why we were chosen."

Examining his skull, Torik figures a empty spot on it to carve his next journey into. Already containing a plethora of carvings each with their own story to tell. He shifts it backs and forth until he rediscovers the first one he ever carved into it. It was a simple picture of a campfire, reminding him of his lost home. It brings a emotion of regret that forces Torik to take a deep breath before continuing searching for his next spot.

After a while another Elf appeared through the doorway and was greeted by the innkeeper. Torik takes a quick glance, slighty jealous of his outfit and has a slight desire to attain such a coat, then returns to his skull before a flush of emotion overcomes him. Torik grips his skull tight while his people's songs played. The skull begins to crack on the left side starting at the bottom and Torik snaps back into reality. Noticing the crack, he quickly puts it back on his on belt careful to not break it anymore then it has.

After being pointed out for companionship, Torik shuffles through his boot to get the note. As he does he notices the ruckus near the door as weapons were drawn. He decides to stay reserved to protect his damaged skull. He hopes to find something to repair such a collectible.

Apparently, Va-Heda's words offend a smaller human lady, who jumps up and pulls her small knife out of her sheath and threatens her with it, brandishing it around like it was twice the size it actually was. Va snorts, keeping her eyes trained on the elf. "What the elf takes insult is none of my concern," she says simply, voice even despite the yelling woman moving between her and her target. "What is my concern is who he is and what he knows." When the woman moves herself to stand in front of her, Va has no choice to look down at her, lip curling back from her teeth.

"Get out of my way," she says coolly, voice lowering, slowly drawing her sword from her sheath.

Before she makes more of a move, the elf lady, while complying to the mysterious man, voices her agreement. Around them in the pub, several other people shuffle uncomfortably, some pulling out their letters, hidden in various locations in their packs or on their bodies.
Begrudgingly, Va sends a side-long look to the elf, nodding in acknowledgement. She may not trust any of these people, but it was quickly becoming apparent which ones had more sense than others.

She turns her gaze back to the human in front of her, eyes steely. "Little girl, if you mean to tell me that whispering evil words into my ears with magic is not a threat of harm, you're dumber than you look." She says it quietly, drawing herself up to her full height to stare down at the shorter human. "Now get out of my way," she repeats.

Silvette frowned, pulling her note out of her hunting jacket's pocket and placing it before the elf behind her. The warrior before her was imposing, tall, powerful, her wisened eyes looking down onto her. Silvette was clearly no match for her. However, she refused to let her near the elf as she saw that his actions were not in the wrong.

"Why would he come into this tavern and allow me to feel, see, and hear great things while you only feel and hear "evil" things?," she reasoned with her. Lowering her dagger, she laid it back into the sheath on her thigh, but looked straight up into her eyes and refused to move her ground.

"I mean you no harm and we can talk with reason. Blood should not be shed here," she said, more calmly.

Delastarh sighed, leaning on the back of his chair. "Maybe, but I do not think that threatening that man will help in any way to learn why we are here," he said, his language clearly more refined that most people and especially more than a simple bounty hunter or adventurer. "I am sure he will explain everything in due time if you let him." His gaze fell toward reptilian. "Besides, if you were so distrustful of this situation, why come in the first place? Nobody brought you here except your own will and curiosity. And I am sure that you are free to refuse the proposition of this man. As for myself..."

He pushed himself to his feet, walking over them to hand over his letter to the elf. "Here you go, my good sir. Delastarh Ichiro Nagahoshi, at your service. And may I say that the long way from the Eastern Kingdoms was not a disappointment since I was able to meet such a stunning person," he said, the last part with a wink.

He turned toward the two women. "She is right," he said, referring to Silvette. "It is clear that we were chosen to work together in this mysterious adventure and I would rather not that we start bickering even before it started. We will need to put all of our trust and efforts to overcome the future trial. So please, lower your weapon and let us hear what this man has to say. And if you still distrust him, maybe it would be better to leave."

The blond man really hoped it was enough to at least break the argument for a short while. At least so the man could speak for himself. He also could feel that this elf was a lot more powerful than any of them and he'd rather not have something getting hurt. Plus, he wasn't detecting any ill intention from the man even with his years of practice to decipher somebody's intentions just by looking at them. Either he was really good at hiding it, or he was genuine with them.

Last edited:
Some other people the mysterious elf mentionned put their letter on the table, just like Albaran did. However, one of the woman he mentionned earlier started theatening the suspicious woman with a knife.

Even though she wasn’t scared at all, Albaran was, and he looked around the pub, looking for help, someone who could stop this to happen. What if people were hurt ?! Someone had to stop this, right ?

However, no one had to separate them, as the human lowered her weapon, after she put her note on the table, talking about feeling and hearing things. So they had this thing too. The Terebrian rubbed his chin, when the blonde human started speaking. His name was Delastarh something, and Albaran found how he talked amusing. That reminded him when he went to the town to sell their harvest with his mom. Some nobles were present, and they speaked the exact same way. This made the Terebrian nostalgic, as he woke up from his table, handing the note he left on the table to the mysterious elf.

« M-My name is Albaran. Albaran Aezer. » He said quietly, « But… i think you already know that, or at least where i come from. » He finished, rubbing his neck nervously. « S-So, no need to introduce me more, i guess. »

The Terebrian listened to Delastarh’s speech, and nodded.

« If we are to work together, i’d rather work with someone i trust, or at least, that i know they won’t kill me in my sleep. My father always said that a group is only coherent if the members of this precise group are linked together, that they are ready to help each other, and not fight on things that doesn’t matter. If you start arguing before we even began, they none of us will ever survive at the first danger they will encounter ! » He said, his voice raising a bit at the end of the sentence. He wasn’t mad or anything, but he was just worried this small argument could lead all of them to their doom.

Last edited:
Fey watched the events unfold before him, his lips twitching ever so slightly and his eyes seeming to dance. The first to speak up had been the Githzerai Va-Heda, who was, as he had expected, wary and distrusting. She demanded he tell her of himself and his motives. The male would have liked to reply, if only the others wouldn't have begun to state their opinions.

It was then that Fey decided to simply watch. He kept his eyes peeled for the notes he had sent, of which he saw several appear, all from the people he had chosen out. Relieved that he had indeed pinpointed all the right beings, he proceeded to wait patiently until those speaking had finished. Some stated their thoughts peacefully and calmly, while others were more... volatile. Fey noticed that the only one who had yet to speak was the giant, who seemed more concerned with his skull than anything.

"My friends, there is no need to bring your host to any more distraction." Fey motioned to Talin, who had been watching the whole scene with a wide grin on his face.

"Aye. If ye have a quarrel, be outside with ye."

Fey snapped his fingers, and with a puff of smoke, any weapons that had been drawn returned to their holsters, along with a delightful scent of cinnamon. "Petty quarrels are pointless. I expect you all want some explanation; let me give it to you." The male bowed elegantly, saying, "I am Fey, Finder of Worlds and Keeper of Knowledge. I have come into possession of a book that speaks of a treasure unseen by the eyes of mortals. It puts to shame all the kingdoms on this earth combined."

Fey returned to his standing position, glancing over at Va-Heda. "I have searched this world thoroughly to find the beings I need for this quest. And with you all, I have the skills I need to put this journey into motion. Of course, you are all here not so that you can be used, but that you might gain something. I believe what you all seek lies at the end of the forest below."

The male let out a soft chuckle as he filled his hands, letting them fill with with glowing white light, then threw the sphere into the air, where it then spread out into thousands of particles. "You will find dangers untold, and beasts you have only seen in nightmares." On cue, images of strange creatures began to roam about the inn, formed by the specks of colored light Fey had thrown into the air. "Even the land itself with come against you." Images of strange flora began to grow through the cracks on the wooden board floor, forming frightening plants that moved on their own.

"But is that not what an adventure is? A chance to prove yourself to the world?" A beautiful forest scene was then formed by the particles, one that could almost pass for real. "If you chose to remain here, I cannot stop you. But be warned, your curiosity and regret will consume you to the end of your days." The inn turned dark, ans Fey's tone lowered. "The forest below will haunt you, and if you return safely from this quest, you will never be the same."

As if they had never been, the particles of light winked out, leaving the inn as it was before. Other customers seemed to pay them no need, as if they had seen nothing at all, but Talin rose to his feet and began to applaud Fey loudly.

"If you put on a show like that regular, I'd be rich! Me boy, you ye consider comin' back someday an' doin' it again?"

Fey laughed, his eyes shut tight in mirth. "I will dream happy dreams of this inn for the rest of my life, Talin. I've never been in a more excellent establishment."

~~~

Margie had seen the whole thing. While most of the customers, except for this whom Fey had been speaking to, hadn't seemed to see it, Margie had, and she enjoyed it immensely. She was enchanted by the idea of an adventure, especially with such a diverse group of people. An idea crept into her mind, and she slipped away from the kitchens to her own room, a plan quickly forming itself.

Ignie Ignie Mystikelh Mystikelh Lixy Lixy Sammv Sammv MuskyMuscovado MuskyMuscovado Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back