• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic ~The Prophets~ {Epic Science-Fantasy}

SkyGinge

Sad Shroom
6920957-fantasy-planet-space-art.jpg

In The Distant Future, In A Far Off Galaxy...

000NE. Many hundred light-years from Earth, Robin Schweinstager, one of the three great space explorers, finally landed on a hospitable planet. Nearly 600 years later, the galaxy is now enjoying an age of interconnection. The human settlers, now termed 'Asans', have colonized six different planets, and the Asan Empire is in an alliance with many of the nearby species. This is an age of interspecies unity. This is an age of spacecraft, of plasma suits and interplanetary commerce.

But this is an age of unrest.

In the system, there is a long-held spiritual collective called 'The Prophets', people of various different races who are able to tap into a powerful, invisible energy force called 'Delta Aura'. Through the power of their faith, they are able to heighten their senses, heighten their physicality, and utilise a famous combat technique called 'Plasmatics', among many other abilities. Some choose to put their faith in material things; money, the promise of self-gain, perhaps arrogant power. These are termed the 'Idealists', and they have no particular unity, spread across the galaxy in many different roles. Others follow a purer variety of faith - faith in the Delta Aura itself, and call themselves 'The Purists'. The Purists are gifted with the clearest, most accurate prophesies, and are a unity which has long been responsible for the galactic upkeep of peace and balance.

578NE. The arrogant, corrupt, Purist-hating Emperor Azgad sits in power over the Galactic Empire, and underneath the surface, tensions are beginning to rise. Some of the alien species are growing unhappy with their alliance to such a powerful empire. And in the darkness, a sinister breed of Prophets is beginning to thrive. Until, at a political summit on the planet Azulis, the beginning of a terrible sequence of events comes into fruition...

This time, can light really quash the darkness? Or is the entire galaxy doomed to tyrannical enslavement? Only you can decide!

Hello and thank you for checking out this little thread! 'The Prophets' is a Star Wars inspired futuristic-fantasy RP with a heavy action elements. Although the RP's speciality will be epic combat scenarios, as a detailed RP I will be expecting thoughtful and interesting characterisation, character development, dedication, engagement and independant creativity.

You will have the opportunity to either be a Purist prophet, with supernatural abilities that will be elaborated on in thread, or a member of the Quaternary Squadron, the section of the Asan army which features members of other races alongside regular human soldiers. I might even allow some exceptions for other types of characters (bounty hunters, perhaps a few antagonists) as long as it makes sense within the plot. Alongside the Asans, several other races occupy Schweinstager's Galaxy that you will be able to play as (though I'd still like about 50% of folks to be human), and you may even have the option of inventing your own aliens to participate as. Finally, you will also have the ability to directly influence the plot and suggest plot-strands to me.

Are you hyped for Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Fancy taking part in huge, epic dogfights, technological footsoldier action and supernatural duels? Then this is the RP for you!

Thanks for your interest; comment down below if you're interested. It's going to take me a while to write up all the thread stuff but I hope to have it done by Monday at the latest; in the mean time, if you have any questions then feel free to ask!
:D

Nice, thanks for your interest! I'm just working on some of the Plasmatics lore right now, and I think you guys are gunna like it; think a mixture between the Jedi and Tokyo Ghoul Ghoul mechanics! :D

I realize I'm -that guy- with this question... but exactly HOW combat based will this be? Percentage wise - is it gonna be like mostly fighting/combat or will there be other elements involved (political intrigue??? haha). Thanks ;-)

@Sunbather : Kind of! I'll be around very actively around Christmas but once we get into the new year I'm going to be less active, though I still intend to keep up everything I have going and hopefully sort out my scheduling to accommodate for writing time :D

@Elle Joyner : No worries, that's a good question! There will of course be other elements involved as well - it's not just gonna be fight after fight after fight. I'd say maybe 40/50% combat scenarios and then character developmenty/exploration/a little political stuff/sub-plot time for the rest. :)

Oh yeah, this is my kind of thing. X3 An awesome idea! :D

I'll keep an eye out for the Sign-Ups!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back