• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The princess and the servant

CuteAngel20

Juliette:

„Dearest?“

Juliette lifted her head and looked in the cold eyes of her father.

„Yes father?“

She needed to raise her voice to reach her father at the very end oft he the heavy wooden table.

„Tomorrow some carrieges from the nearby kingdoms will arrive. Make sure to look decent for your soon tob e husband.“

Husband? Nearly spitting the lamb over the table she looked at her father. A marriage never cme up in a discussion as far as she knew. At least not so sudden.

„Father I just turned…“

But he didn’t gave her the chance to visit. As his big silhuette rose from the very end of the table her heart started raising.

„No word shall flee from your mouth Juliette. As youngest and the daughter with the least knowlege it is the one thing you are yousefull for.“

She was shocked. Her fists started shaking.

„Yes father. I will excuse myself.“

With that she ran out oft he room.

„Unbelievable. Marring me off to some of this Princes.“

As she walked by the old window the Makwell carriage just drove into to courtyard.

A small smile sneaked on her face.

„Nobody can merry me if im not here.“

With that she started rushing. The carriage wouldn’t stand there forever after all. What did she needed? Clothes? As fast as she could did she scanned her wardrobe for some lighter clothes. Out of an instinct she ran into her fathers bedchamber and opened the beautiful golden chest in which he kept his most prechous belongings. Immediatly 3 necklaces sparkeled in the dim sunlight sneaking between the half closed drapes. One green, one yellow and at least a beautiful blue one. The last one seemed to be made for her as it immediatly grabbed her attantion. Her sisters already got their necklaces and summoned her servants for them, lieving the necklaces in this save chest. Their servants were beautiful, strong and could do anything possible for them, even fly. As youngest one she wouldn't get her necklace for some time, till she was of use to her father. But did it really matter when she got it? Not, really. She grabbed it and in a fluent motion set the neklace around her neck. Grabbing a couple of coinbags for money Juliette rushed down the stairs and stayed undercover behind one of the tall marble pillars. Observing the servants running back and forth empting the bundles of colorfull flowors for tomorrows visit of the princes she noticed that they appeared to be done very soon. This might be her only chance.

„oghhh if father ever finds me I will be sentenced to death.“

Her lips started to slightly trebled as she used the seconds of inattention to rush into the carriage and close the door.

„ough“

She turned around as a sharp pain appeared to rise. A white rose, the simbol of Hoover has tangeled herself into Julietts still open, blond hair. She could still go back home… Just in this moment the carriage started to move. Her last chance has passed.

„Say son. The youngest princess seemed like a poor little child, dont you think?“

She listened up. Juliette has never heard them talk. Most servants she met in the castle are no visitors but life in the castle only for the sole purpose of her comfort. All in all she didn’t knew much about the „outside“ world. Her parents have never allowed her time outside the castle. While her sisters got to know the world, Juliette was stuck in the library only entertained by the books and their protagonists.

„Well father nobody knows if she even really exsists. Even if she does, shes more likely nothing moe then a spoiled brat.“

Spoiled? Standing up she gave up to her anger and banged against the carriage roof. Way to late she realized that she shouldn’t have done that.

„What was that?“

Her mind went blank. Nervously running up and down the approximate 2 squaremeters oft he carriage she just barely noticed the further discussion till a big bang shook the carriage.

„Who do you transport?“

A glace outside showed that they were riding even faster then before.

„Nobody we brought flowers to the king.“

Anoher big bang. Something appears to be pushing against the side oft he carriage.

Slowly Juliette glaced to the other side oft he carriage.

„Hello sweety.“

She screamed as an ugly dirty face appeared in front of her. He appeared to not have taken much care of his appearance in a very long time. Barely and unevenly shaved his look could have been compared to a gnome from the old fairy tales. „Come here Sweety.“

As the man extants his arm into the carriage Juliette immediatly backs away. „My my who are you?“

Further begging away she hears a small crack.

„Hey what are you dooing there Riosh?“

The man moved away just as a louder cack was heard and the carriagedoor Juliette was leaning against gave in to her weight.

„Hey!“

The sat thing she saw as she fell of the carriage was a young boy trying to rech for her hand.

The pain was immense. Rolling down a hill full of gravel and thorny ugly plants tears welled up in Julietts eyes. Not even an hour after she have left the castle and already has she been hurt and assulted. Screaming she tryed to grab into the stones to find some kind of hold but everything she grabbed siply slid down with her causing gravel to be everywhere. More then once a ugly nouse showed tht something was ripping. I fit was her dress or maybe her skin she couldn’t really tell anymore. Neather could she remember how long she tubled down the cliff till finally a fall into cold water relieved the pain a bit. But now a new panic showed up. The dress was heavy dragging her down little by little. She hated the outside world but she more likely wount be able to ever come back. So why not get rid oft he ugly princess dess she wouldnt need anymore anyways. Knowing where to grab she ripped the dress and managed to arrive at shore with her coinbags, and the necklace. Just wearing her undervesture she looked back at her change of clothe and her old dress sinking down tot he very bottom of the small lake.

„WHAT IS THIS?“

She couldt hold it anymore. Tears started running down her cheeks.

„Why is this happening and shouldnt you help me when I need you?“

She had ripped away the Necklce and now stared at it full of Anger.

„So where are you now?“

NECKLACE:

1940s-50s-vintage-necklace-blue-paste-clip-on-earrings-detail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They say a good servant is as old as his master. And that that applies to summons as well, well, as far as that is possible. Princesses are only gifted their own after quite some time and unfortunately that means the summon is never ready the first time. But a summon is like any other creature: it needs motherly care, to be taken care and given what it needs to live, but more than that, a good summon needs a good master.

So imagine all my wait, thousands of years inside a bloody blue stone, a Safire, having been through heat and dust and cold and water... Everywhere, heard much, although everything fuzzier up in my unborn memory...I only knew enough to talk and think. Perhaps, before I was at last summoned (when I was) I would exist as nothing more than voice and thought. It when I was indeed born, I would be living with all the conforts of the royal palace and...

No, that was shattered. Because of soemthing I couldn't understand, the younger princess who I had as my partner, stole me and a bunch of other things and ran away. I wanted to ask her why, but there was no point in spending energy for that. But now, it seemed like the right time to finally speak up.

<You need to perform the summon> I projected into her head. My breathing was getting harder. Did that mean I really already had a body? <You need to hold the jewel in your chest and call my name, say "I call you" then open your hands.>

(Sorry, a bit short?)

(All good)

Juliette:

"You need to perform the summon"

Fully shocked Juliette stared at the small blue stone. Did it really just talked? Now it even did it again telling her how she should "Summon" something. Was that how she got her servant? Juliette tryed to remember how it was as her sisters got their servants. Both followed her father already during the first rays of sunshine down into the old catacobs still left behind from the times the country was flooded by waves of magic, lieving behind the servants. Juliette was never allowed to follow her sisters down there and instead secretly peaked through her roomdoor as they passed. The necklace they both wore was shimmering lighly. Back in the moment she took another look at the Necklace, it was lightly shinig. As she carefully liftet it up it seemed as the shining grew more rapid.

"Like a heatbeat"

She mumbled befor taking a closer liik at the big blue saphire, apparently containing my servant. Yes, it was lightly shining, but taking an even closer look a small silhuette got visible in the light. It was worm or snake shaped. A shiver went down her spine.

"Oh please don't be a snake. I hate snakes."

She has seen snake servants controlled by the Prices from the surroundig areas before, but all of them have frigtened her. It was said that the servants are a perfect fit for their Master, And it was true. As her father is known as the bravest king in the country, his servant has grown into a strong and powerful wolf.

"So maybe you will be a snake. I betrayed my family after all."

But that was nothing she really wanted. At least that is if she has a chance. Right now she desperately needed her servant, as guidance and as guard.

So she did as she was told, holding the jewel to her chest she called

"I call you servant!"

Just like this the necklace started to shine brightly between her fingers. Breathing in deeply she started opening her hands.

The girl didn't get the cue right away. My body wriggled a little, even, as the girl's mind twisted it, seeming to envision a snake. According to some tales I had heard, some veterans were even able to tell evening about a person just by examining their summon. Still, I already found it hard to believe. I couldn't see my body yet, but despite the changes I didn't feel different anymore. It was as if I had always been as I was now. Considering that, I had my doubts I would recognize the changes when I changed even if I could see my body.

There was a surge of heat, of bright. Each word coming out of her mouth as she spoke the words, I "glared" with excitement , hoping to finally come to be. Each letter now, more heat, more blue light inside.

And then it all faded. Everything was back to normal, I had not taken form. There was a fatal mistake in her summon. I felt the need to slap that girl the second I got out of my hideout.

<You forgot my name! It's not "servant"!> I complained in her mind.

Juliette:

"you have a name?!"

Shocked I looked at the glimmering jewel and well back in the grass.

"How in the world should I know your Name? That is usually Fathers job."

She had no idea how on erth she should find out that servants name.

"Can't you come out and your name is servant?"

An agressive light showed tht there was no way for it to come out. Maybe she should just guess a name? Maybe not.

Walking and leaning to the nearby Tree she once again looked at the little silhuette in the jewel.

"Ok I try it again and guess a name, when you promise me not to be a snake."

With that once again she held her jewel to her chest fully covering it with her hands. The warm pulse once again warming her heart.

"I call you..."

As she paused for a secont her head started ratteling for a name.

" Tarva!"

Once again high rays of light broke between juliettes Fingers. Feeling that it is finally time, she opened her hands.

<I think it's pretty obvious that I can't pick what form I am BORN with!> I complained in her head. <Now hurry up if you want to summon me at all, this is exhausting!>

Amazingly, she actually guessed my name right: Tarva. Once more, there was glimmering blue light growing more and more intensely, a warmth crawling away into me, surrounding me as did the light in a hug worthy of and old friend.

My first sight of the world was the blue sky above and the face of the girl that would be my master. Beautiful, young, and a little fat to be frank. I literally fell into her arms along with the blue pearl that had been my plane of existence for millennia. I pushed myself up, a strangely hard feat, especially considering it was making my arms and body pain like they were. I gazed at our surroundings. A lake, and trees tons of trees. Blurry trees. Getting blurrier by the moment. I fell onto her hands, laying there completely.

So THAT was what was going on. I yawned...

"Well, goodnight." I said, my first words.

Juliette:

Something came out of the light and...spoke?

"Hey don't sleep now, what are you?"

Well it appeared to be to late as the creature has already fallen in some kind of deep slumber. It was farely long with smal legs and a long tail. Around his or hers neck was a golden neklace. As Juliette picked up the stone which has fallen to the ground she once again looked trough the deep woods. Nobody was here to see her or help her. Maybe that was a good thing. Like this she could rest. Sliding down the nearest bark she sat in the never cut grass her new servent sleeping on her lap.

"You must be tired, after just beeing born."

With her right hand she slowly petted over the back of this small animal like creature. What it could do? What was his abilitys?

Still thinking about it, she closed her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back