• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Princess and her Knight

Farryn's breath hitched as he pressed harder with his knee. She reached up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him back down to her. Maybe they had both had too much wine. In any case, Farryn wanted more of him, his touch, his taste, his warmth. She moaned softly as his hands moved over her body, caressing her in every way.

He slowly works his hands up her chest grabbing her shirt and ripping it off of her exposing her bare chest. Her fair skin enticing him to kiss his way down her neck slowly taking his time with each individual and deliberate kiss before making his way to her chest. Suddenly the would around him started to blur and fade to black his last sight of his princess. Laying his head on her chest and hearing the beat of her heart calmed him as he drifted off to sleep.

Farryn gripped his shoulders as he kissed her neck. This was Sidney, wasn't it? The boy she had known since she was a little girl. She cradled his head to her chest as his lips brushed against her skin, the most delicious sensations she had ever felt. She was both disappointed and relieved when he fell asleep. Had they gone further, Farryn didn't know if it would have been right. She didn't even know she wanted him in that way. Her thoughts were filled with conflicting emotions as she drifted off into sleep.

In the morning, she was still in her state of half-undress with her knight's head resting on her bare skin.

Sidney had gotten the best sleep of his life. He didn't particularly remember how he got into bed as last night festivities had him not remembering anything past the celebration due to his level of inebriation. The pillow he laid his head on was soft and warm and he dare not open his eyes as that would most likely brig about a hangover of overwhelming proportions. Bringing up his hands to adjust his pillow his hands came on upon two shapely objects that were warm to the touch.

The sensation sobered him up enough to open his eyes as pulled away much to his horror be found his hands were groping Farryn who was laying beneath him half naked. The realization of what he may had done the night before. Sidney stayed frozen with the fear of betraying the one who was swore to protect.

As he grabbed her chest, Farryn opened her eyes and saw Sidney staring at her in horror. "M-Morning," she said softly, her cheeks flushing as his hands were still holding her. "Uh, about last night-" she started, wanting to talk about what they had done and how she'd felt. But as she saw him look at her like that, Farryn started to become very uncomfortable. Didn't he want her anymore? Wasn't it he who had torn her shirt in order to get to her skin? "W-Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Princess I am so sorry for my actions. It is no excuse but last night I had too much to drink and don't remember what happened." His hands stayed where they were as he was to upset to move. "You are royalty and I am your knight, this is a crime punishable by death. Please tell me I did not tarnish your virtue." How could he have done this he thought to himself. In truth he had realized recently his feelings for the princess but to act on them so shamelessly? He was beneath her, a servant under her command, a strong feeling of disgust arising within him as he realized he betrayed the one he loved.

"Y-You don't remember what happened? What we did?" she asked him, her voice barely a whisper. As warm and open as Farryn had been the night before, she now closed in on herself and sat up, making him move off of her. "No, you didn't tarnish my virtue," she said contemptuously. Angry at him for forgetting, Farryn threw the torn shirt at him. "Go buy me another one." With that, she shrugged on the satin robe that had been left for her by Rei at some point. She couldn't remember. Then Farryn went in search of a place to bathe within the building.

She slammed the door aside, already fuming. How dare he maker feel something so amazing only to forget it the next morning. And he had the audacity to make it seem like they had committed a grave sin. Sure, they had their stations, but to her that didn't matter between them. Not now anyway. Maybe when they were at the palace, but now? She was a princess without a kingdom. What did it matter if she desired her knight?

Sidney sat on the bed contemplating the events that had just occurred. Farryn seemed extremely upset with him and all he could think about was how to fix the situation. He didn't want to be away from her but he decided to go out and search from something to replace her shirt. As Sidney travels though the market district he searched for a suitable replacement as well as a gift he intended to give her to make amends. At one particular clothing shop that he got the shirt from he also saw a beautiful purple dress that would be fitting of a princess. He immediately bought both of them returning to the room to wait on the princess in hopes to make amends.

When she returned from bathing, Farryn found Sidney in their room. It seemed he'd gone out and bought her a shirt as she'd ordered and a dress. Looking for an excuse to yell at him, she did. "What good do you think that thing is going to do me? We're going to be on the road for who knows how long and you want me to wear something that trails on the ground and is easily ruined? Return it. Get me several breast bands instead," she ordered him. It wasn't like her to be so curt with him. She had never ordered him like this before. Even though she was a princess, she was always polite in her orders, saying 'please,' and 'thank you,' but now, she couldn't bring herself to look at him without feeling hurt and pissed at the same time.

Sidney stood at her orders but he did not leave. "Princess I would like permission to speak what is on my mind before I depart." He gave a low bow after the request. The feelings he had needed to be addressed and gotten out of the way before their journey continued so there were no tensions.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What?" she snapped at him harshly, her eyes narrowed in contempt. What could he possibly have to say for himself after the way he had treated her that morning, like she was some embarrassment, a stain on his reputation.

"You had asked me once if I had every looked upon a woman in a romantic way. In truth that is how I look upon you but such feelings for a knight to have towards his future queen? I would be selfish of I acted on my feelings and word got out that the crowned princess was having relations with her knight I would be making you the gossip of the court. I lo-" he cut himself off before h me finished that sentence. "As a man who has sworn his eternal loyalty I cannot do that to you no matter my feelings. As for this dress I bought it as a gift for when you retake your throne I will take it back if you would like." After he finished he held his head low. He did not want his princess to suffer because of his selfishness

Farryn's anger dissipated as she listened to him. Still, the only thing she said to him was, "Just take it back. A dress does not make a Queen. Buy what I told you to and save what money we have left for food and supplies we'll need later." Farryn walked past him into the room without another word. He could do what he wanted. He made it clear that his feelings for her weren't enough to overcome the fact she was a princess, and the rightful heir to her kingdom.

He gave a curt bow to the princess before exiting the room. In truth he had realized his true feelings for the princess. He knew he was in love with her but true love means knowing when to do right by that person. She was the rightful queen and he would not see nobility sully her name because of he affair with someone of lower birth. His feelings didn't matter as long as he could keep her safe and see her placed back on the throne.

After returning the dress he made sure to get the breast bands as requested and kept the remaining money. Returning back to the bedroom to attend to the princess.

When he was gone, Farryn felt a tear fall onto her cheek. What was this? These feelings? Was this how it felt to have your heart broken? She'd been infatuated with Lawrence, but this was beyond that, beyond those trivial feelings. Why did it feel this awful?

Rei walked to her room to find the door open and his Ruler crying again. At the very least, that knight wasn't with her. "Farryn," he said, crossing the room to her. "What happened? What is wrong?" Rei drew her into a hug, hoping to provide her comfort.

As Sidney walked back into the room he say Rei embracing the princess. He knew he should have just turned away, but that man was holding his princess and he could not let that stand. Dragon or not he went too far, as Sidney walked up behind him. "Rei get off of the princess right now, you are over stepping your bounds "dragon"." Sidney's voice seething with malice for the man. If it were not for Farryn they would've drawn swords and Rei would not be walking away unscathed.

"Me?" Rei asked, turning to look at Sidney with am arm still around Farryn's shoulders. "I'm the one overstepping? I believe it is you who has caused my Ruler pain. You are the one who should hang his head in shame. "And I-"

"Get out," Farryn whispered. "Get out, both of you. We're leaving in two hours. Get ready to leave," she ordered them both.

Sidney made sure that Rei was the first to take his leave and then before following Sidey dropped the things Farryn had requested and quietly exited the room. Already having all of the supplies he needed for the journey he went to go secure their supplies on their mount asking a local where the stables were located. Quickly finishing the task so he could go back and stand guard outside of Farryns room.

Farryn packed her things into the bag Sidney had bought, including the change of clothes, extra breast bands, and the protective gear. She secured the cloak the tribe's leader had given her and then put the arrows on her back. Then, she picked up her bow and headed out. She found Sidney at the door. Of course. Where else would he be? While she'd been packing, she'd made up her mind to put what happened behind her. She was his princess and he was her knight. That was all. Still, even then, he was her friend. "Let's go," she said softly, not willing to meet his eyes.

Nodding his head compliantly at her request he then led her to the stables where Rei awaited them. Sidney noticed Rei had brough his own supplies to compliment the ones they already had, and he was also standing near two new horses one supposably for the princess. Even with the animosity Sidney had for Rei he had to admit this task would be significantly easier as they gained more people. Once everything seemed in order Sidney turned to face the princess awaiting her next orders.

"Rei," she said, turning to him. "I only remember the legend of the direction you lived in. Do you know how to find the other dragons, or can you sense them?"

"I do not know, my Ruler, but I will try." He closed his eyes and focused. After a minute, he opened them. "I felt something in the Western direction, a sort of pull. Perhaps that is one of the other dragons."

She nodded. "Then West it is." Farryn would have argued about the horse, but she knew that she didn't want to slow them down and this way, she wouldn't be a bother to either of her warriors. So, she got on the horse and settled herself in the saddle.

The group set off with a moderate pace. Rei leading the way with the princess and Sidney close in toe. Sidney trying to position himself slightly behind the princess as not to bother her but close enough to be able to assist her in a moments notice.

"Do you know the general area where we are heading to Rei?" Sidney asked inquisitively only to be met with silence. Repeating the question in a louder tone Sidney knew it was future as Rei would only address the princes so he dropped it and rode on with the group. So badly he wanted things to go back to normal so he and his princess could talk like they used too but he had lost that right due to his own stupidity and lack of judgment.

Farryn looked at Rei expectantly, so he deigned to answer the knight's question.

"No, just a direction. I can feel it getting stronger though. With each step, I am more aware of their presence. That is all I know, my Ruler," he said reverently to her ignoring the fact the knight had been the one to ask him the question.

That night, they stopped a mile off the path. Farryn's feet were doing well from the rest on the horse. She got off it and took off its saddle, brushing it down. Her love for horses had pushed her to learn how to care for them. Riding was required, but Farryn had often spent time in the stables as a girl.

"We are far enough away from the castle that we should be safe enough from patrols and we can light a small fire." Sidney said while picking up wood around the area they had chosen to camp. "Our smartest course of action would to be to stand watch in shifts so everyone will get enough sleep." This statement was addressing both Rei and Farryn as he knew Farryn would want to help. Rei seemed to acknowledge the words but did not respond instead heading straight to tend to the princess.

Farryn turned to find Rei in front of her. "How can I assist you, my Ruler?"

"Our canteens are running low. See if you can find some fresh water and refill them please."

He nodded, putting and hand over his heart. "As you wish, Farryn." Then he left the two alone with their four canteens. One was extra, which they'd used since it was so hot.

Farryn helped set up the bed rolls and placed hers as far as she could away from Sidney's. She didn't need him thinking she might snuggle up to him in his sleep, taint his knighthood. She had tried to keep her calm all day, and had managed most of the time, but now that they had stopped for the night, her thoughts returned in full force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back