• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Princess and her Knight

Sidney browsed the woman's wares noticing that all of the armor was rather skillfully crafted. He continued searching until he found the armor that was right for him. Sidney had choose a simple steel breast plate that he complemented with a pair of steel arm and shin guards. Deciding against wearing greaves as he did not want to be too weighed down. They would not be fighting in any major battles soon so he had to find the perfect combination of protection and mobility. Before leaving he also picked up a arm guard and a finger tab for the princess whom wanted to learn the bow. Those two items would be essential for a new archer as it would protect her form most mishaps novices suffer from. He thanked the blacksmith and payed her with the coin he had acquired at the previous town and went on his way.

Whilst leaving be noticed the princess was out and seemingly looking for him so he quickly jogged over to her clad in his new armor and carrying his gifts for her. As he approached he noticed that she had found a bow that seemed perfect for her and it brough a small smile to Sidney's face. "I see you have found yourself a bow Farryn." As he spoke he handed the princess the leather arm guard and finger tab.

"And I see that you aren't calling me princess," she said with a smile. "That's good." She looked down at what he was carrying. "What are those? They look a little small for you." She had secured the arrows on her back and liked the weight of them. Farryn looked him over slowly, her eyes taking in his new armor. "It really suits you, Sidney. That blacksmith seemed to really know her stuff, huh."

"She knew her stuff indeed, and it's small because it is for you Farryn. It's an arm guard to protect your arm that holds the bow and the finger tab is to protect your fingers." As he explained he demonstrated how they were worn. "After my scolding yesterday I realized it would be an injustice to you if I continued to try and do it all, so I will teach you what I know so we can work together." It was difficult for Sidney to say this as he wanted to shelter her but he knew that due to all that has happened that was not an option. "If you would like we could start your practice with the bow today?"

"Really? You mean it? Thank you!" She beamed up and him and threw herself at him in a tight hug. "I can't wait to get started." Landing back on the ground, she smiled at him. "Thank you for understanding Sidney. I really appreciate it." She took his hand and walked toward a clearing. It was at the edge of the forest, so she would practice aiming at a tree. "Well," she said, looking at him expectantly, "teach me how to use the bow." Farryn smiled at him and squeezed his hand.

He grabbed the bow and arrows from her. Knowing he didn't need the protective gear as his archery skills were above par combined with the fact his calloused hands wouldn't feel any pain at firing a bow. Taking up a proper stance he notched at arrow slowly and then drew the arrow back. Aiming for a nearby tree he held his breath and loosed his arrow. If flew though the air and hit its mark striking the middle of the tree. After he was finished he handed the bow back to Farryn. "Now you try, I want you to try and fire on your own from what you have just seen and after I watch you fire an arrow I will make adjustments to your posture and technique."

"All right." She smiled, taking the bow and arrows from him. "Look at you, giving me orders and everything," Farryn said lightly. It was a side of Sidney she hadn't seen often. Usually, he deferred to her, but now she was able to see some of the leader in him. He could command armies if he wanted. Instead, he had become her personal guard. Farryn smiled softly to herself, a small feeling born in her heart for him. She thought it would only lead to a deeper friendship, but maybe it would become more.

After an hour of practice, her arms were shaking and her back muscles were sore. Though it hand't been a good idea to practice so long, Farryn wanted to push herself to the limit.

Sidney observed the princess as she practiced. She had an impressive amount of stamina and will power, and the other makings of a great archer. She started to show signs of fatigue so Sidney walked up behind her putting a hand on her stomach and pulling her close to him. "Mimic my breathing pattern while you shoot, and use my body to keep your posture." He then grabbed the princesses hands. "Allow me to assist you for the next couple of shots Farryn. I know you are exhausted but when you push yourself to your limits like this you develop muscle memory and firing your bow will be second nature." His voice calm not to disrupt he princesses concentration but he was close enough to her that she could feel the vibrations of his voice on her skin.

Farryn was too focused to notice their intimacy. She raised the bow and pulled the string back to her cheek. She matched his breathing as she could feel his chest against her back.

She fired twenty more arrows with his assistance. Meaning to go retrieve them, she walked to the tree and collected the ones that had landed on or in the ground first. There were several that were actually embedded in the bark, but she was sure those were luck for now. She'd get better though. She promised herself that. When she went to pull out the ones in the bark, however, her arms wouldn't let her. They had already turned to jelly. She tugged, but there was no strength left in her.

Sidney watched as the princess tried to pull the arrows from the tree. He knew the feeling of utter exhaustion all to well and he quickly moved to assist her. "You did splendidly today Farryn, I dare say you are a natural at this." Assisting her by pulling out the arrows in the tree for her. "I wish I had a reward I could give you for such an outstanding job but you may have to settle for just praise for now." He smiled at Farryn, she was stronger than ever now that she had room to spread her wings and she would only get stronger.

Farryn smiled at him though it was clear she was bone tired. "What in the name of the gods are you doing to her?" Rei suddenly demanded. He walked over and scooped Farryn up into his arms without hesitation. "I'm taking you back to rest. How could you let her exhaust herself like this? And you're supposed to be protecting her," he said, scolding the knight.

Farryn was too weary to resist and looked at Sidney over Rei's shoulder. "Meet me back in the room," she said to him, feeling badly that she was leaving him with the burden of cleaning up after her.

When they reached her room, Rei set her down on the bed and checked her over. "Well, you just seem tired, so I'll let you rest. You're pushing yourself a little hard, Farryn. What's the rush? You have a goal, I know, but you need to take care of yourself as well." He smiled and pat her shoulder before leaving her to rest up.

As Sidney watched Rei pick up his princess his temper flared but quickly subdued it because of the princess was against it she would've said something. Quickly cleaning up the arrows and grabbing the bow Sidney made his way back to the princesses room right as Rei was leaving. He was glad too because if they had run into each other they might throw more than just words. Approaching the door Sidney gave three curt knocks before entering to check up on Farryn.

Rei didn't even give Sidney a second glance. He was too happy to have been able to assist his ruler in any way. Of course, it had involved his arms around her beautiful form, but that was neither here nor there.

"Come in," she said, softly just as she lay her head down on the pillow after taking off her boots. Farryn smiled when she saw it was him. "Keep me company?" she asked, patting the space next to her.

He laid down the bow and arrows and made his way over to sit beside the princess. "You know if you wanted to be carried I would have gladly carried you Farryn." He said trying not to let his jealous appear too evident. "Regardless you did splendidly today. Soon you will be good enough to use your skills in real combat with me at your side, given I do not destroy the enemy first." he gave a small laugh at his last statement.

Her eyes were closed, as she did indeed want to sleep soon, but she was awake enough to talk for a little while. "It's not that I wanted to be carried. Rei just carried me. I didn't want to seem weak to you, so I decided that I'd walk back on my own. But once he gets going, Rei is a little hard to reason with. Besides, you've looked after me time and time again. I think you're going to tire of that one day," she said, softly, finding his hand and lacing their fingers. Contact with him comforted her greatly, as if he tethered her to the ground, and didn't let her mind wander into the dark places that held Lawrence within them.

He felt the princess soft hand intwine with his. "I don't think I would ever tire of looking after you Farryn. Now you'd best get some sleep and I promise to stay right her for the night and sleep at your side." having a feeling the princess would request this of him he went ahead and submitted. She had worked hard today and it was the least he could do to help her sleep soundly.

She chuckled softly, opening her eyes to look at him. "You should at least wake me for dinner. We already skipped lunch." Farryn closed her eyes and fell into a peaceful sleep.

When it was time for dinner, Rei came and knocked on the sliding door. "Farryn? Are you hungry? It's time for dinner."

In truth Sidney did not sleep but instead he watched the princess sleep. Even with her short hair she was just as beautiful and elegant as ever. If she kept on getting becoming as strong as she was there may be a day where she wouldn't need him.

Suddenly his concentration was broken as there was a knock on the door. It was Rei beckoning them to come eat dinner. He gently squeezed Farryns hand to wake her. "It's time for dinner Farryn." He said with a quite voice so he didn't startle her.

"Mmmm," she grumbled softly. "Nooo~" Farryn sat up with a slight complaint and stared grumpily at him. "I know I said to wake me up, but I was having the best dream!" Her frown soon broke into a smile and she moved over to the edge of the bed before setting her feet on the ground. Running a hand through her hair, she stood and opened the door to see Rei.

She followed him to the dining hall where all the villagers had crammed in. It was just big enough for everyone. They had music afterwards, and Farryn danced with whomever was willing to. She had loved to dance back home, and would stay out until Sidney had to carry her back to her room. Tonight was no different. She'd twirled, spun, and laughed through the whole thing and couldn't have been happier to have come to their village.

Seeing the princess enjoy herself so much for the first time since the incident at the castle was a sight for sore eyes for Sidney. He was glald that Farryn even after enduring all of the hardship was a strong woman but still stay true to her nature at the same time. As the night progressed he watched her dance the night away much like she did when she was younger, it crossed Sidney's mind to go and dance with her but he thought better of it and dismissed it. Being content with just watching his princess as he partook in some of the tribes finer alcohol to ease his worried mind.

Farryn was swept away as Rei danced with her. He enjoyed parties like this as much as anyone and wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to dance with his breathtaking Ruler unlike the knight.

When they'd parted, Farryn went over to Sidney and took his hands, dragging him out onto the dance floor. She didn't let him go and beamed at him as they danced together. Despite the men's clothing she was wearing, her radiance wouldn't be quieted.

By the end of the night, Farryn was throughly exhausted. She was happiest she had been since the night she had run from her home. Farryn wrapped her arms around Sidney's neck so he could take her back to her room. Though she could have gotten there by herself, a part of her wanted to feel his arms around her as he held her to him.

Though he would never admit it the alcohol Sidney had drank was more potent than his usually drink he had at the castle and had him a little light headed. Even then be easily picked up the princess and carried her back to to her room. He was happy to have the princess in his arms as he held her extremely close to himself forget himself and the boundaries set fourth between them. It was a feeling reminiscent of better times and he imagined Farryn felt the same and he could not help but smile.

Once back at the room Sidney opened the door and walked inside gently putting the princess down upon the bed. "I'm glad to see you enjoying yourself. Staying an extra night was a wise decision as it had done well to boost our spirits and prepare us for what is to come." Sidney said as his eyes locked on to Farryn. Due to his intoxicated state all he could think about was Farryn and couldn't bare take his eyes off her.

Farryn took off her boots and socks and set them aside for the morning. "Yes, I think so as well." She looked up at him and saw that he had yet to look away from her. Farryn had never see him like this, had never see him look at her like this. His eyes held passion in them, a burning desire she hadn't even seen in her betrothed when he'd kissed her that terrible night.

She reached out and took his hand, tugging him down so he was kneeling between her legs as she was sitting on the edge of the bed. Slowly, hesitantly, Farryn cupped his cheek and brushed her thumb over his skin. Her eyes flitted over his face, coming to rest on his lips. This was okay, wasn't it? He was her friend, her knight. It was fine for her to do this with him. She wasn't a princess right now. She was just Farryn, and he was just Sidney, and for now, that was enough. What feelings possessed her to kiss him, she didn't know. But before she could think better of it, Farryn pressed her lips to his in a soft, warm kiss.

When Farryns lips hit his it was as if a dream. He immediately grabbed her by the wrists pushing her back on to the bed pinning her down. His face was inches from hers as he brought his knee up in between her legs applying a slight pressure completely subduing her. It was as if he was possessed by his desire for her, as he lowered his lips down once more to kiss Farryn this time allowing it to last longer, with him in completely control.

Farryn was taken aback by his actions, not expecting him to be so dominant with her. Still as his lips met hers, she allowed him to continue kissing her. It felt strange being with him like this. The only other time she'd kissed someone deeply was Lawrence. Shoving his memory out of her head, Farryn moaned softly as her body began to react to their kiss and his knee between her legs.

He continued to passionately kiss the princess releasing her wrists as his hands made their way over her body, exploring every asset and curve on the delicate princesses body. His desire for the princess overwhelming reason as he could not control his actions. Applying more pressure with his knee before releasing her. The woman he desired most in this world was his even if only for a night he was truly happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back