• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Princess aboard the Lady Grim

He chuckles. "I most certainly can, i'm supposed to learn the majority of everything on the ship should we run into snags likes a particular crewman getting sick, or if we lose someone even." He says with a smile. "What yah wanna start with first? Rigging? Gunnery? Navigation? ah nevermind we'll just get started on a few things... and we'll start with rigging, every sailor needs to learn how to tie a knot." He says with a laugh.

"Alright buckle up we're in for a tough ride." He says with a laugh as he pops his knuckles and stretches. He takes her up onto the ship and starts teaching her different things perticularly focusing on rigging and gunnery that day. He also teaches her the basics in shooting since she was already taught how to use a sword he thought it would be best to teach her how to handle targets at range.

Lillie was a bit nervous learning how to use a gun. Her father never let her come close to a sword let alone a gun. She was surprised, yet also a bit delighted, at how easily she picked it up.

Fritz was pleased at the rate she was learning. "At this rate you could end up being a captain of your own ship." He says laughing heartily. "you picked up on the rifle really well, but i think you need to practice your aim just a little." He positions her hands appropriately. "Alright, here is a good way for you to understand your shot... imaging that the wind and gravity are invisible hands guiding you shot in specific directions... let the weight and the pull of your help tell you the way the bullet will move as it travels, then aim and fire, because the shot will never go exactly where you aim... and remember when all else fails and you dont have time to reload or you miss your shot the gun doubles over as a very hardy club." He says laughing.

"I don't want to be captain of my own ship," said Lillie with a kind smile. "I'd rather stay with everyone aboard the Lady Grim." Lillie aimed the rifle again. She was a bit nervous, as she had never been very good at blocking out her surroundings to focus on something. She had tried to do so before, but it had never worked. She took a deep breath before she fired. It wasn't perfect, but it was better. She had done fairly better at blocking out her surroundings than she had done before. Perhaps it was because when she was learning something knew before, the queen always seemed to hover over her. Lillie was never given the proper space she needed. Although she knew in a battle she wouldn't be given the proper space, she was still pleased that she could fire a gun and hopefully defend herself. Lillie couldn't help but smile.

He nods. "Much better, soon youll be able to do it without hesitation, if you have to think of something pleasant to calm your nerves as to help you focus," he says coming up with ways to improved her performance.

Lillie nodded. She tried to think of something happy. She thought of the last time she saw her father. While it was sad that she would never see him again, it made her happy that he had allowed her to stay with Jareth and that she knew her mother loved her. It did manage to calm her nerves. Lillie fired the rifle again. It was an even better than before.

"Whatever that was it was working, but it might need to be something happier then that, think of the thing that has made you the happiest in the world... something that doesn't have any sorrow tied to it... it should be the push you need." he says. "whether it's a memory or a thought of the future something you are looking forward to... or a single word even that cant do anything other than creature a smile on your face." he says giving as best of a description of what she needs on her mind.

Lillie thought for a moment. She thought of the future. She thought of her and Jareth together with a child. They had the most beautiful baby in the world. A smile spread across her face at that thought. She aimed the rifle once more and fired. It was a perfect shot. Lillie's smile widened.

"There we go, great shot, now this next thing to think of this will make it you can stay consistent." He says continuing his tutilage. "Always think, that if you fail that shot, or if you dont hold them back at least, that whatever you focused on will happen or you will never see happen again." He says as he lifts up a disk. " now... lets see if that determination will allow you to hit this," he says holding up a disk made of ceramic. He hands her another loaded rifle.

He tosses it high into the air over the water.

She thought of her and Jareth happy and with a child. Lillie aimed and fired the rifle. It hit the ceramic, causing it to shatter. She laughed as she lowered the rifle. She was shocked at how she was able to do it, but she was very pleased.

He nods. "Well you certainly have a strong insentive to do what you do whatever it is." He says patting her on the head. "I think that should be enough for the day, lets head on to the tavern ill buy yah a drink while we wait for the captain."

"All right," said Lillie with a sweet smile on her face, setting the rifle down. She kindly added, "Thank you for your help, Mr. Fritz. It really is greatly appreciated."

He nods and they head to the tavern together feeling satisfied but exhausted with the day. They entered the tavern startled as a large crowd shout out surprise.

Apparently Beth had taken the time to gather everyone on the island to welcome Lillie to her new home.

Lillie gasped, a bright smile spreading across her face. A few tears of joy coming to her eyes and falling down her cheeks.

Jareth comes up behind her slipping his arms around her waist. He places his chin on her shoulder and smiles. "Welcome to the island... the family... and your new home Lillie my darling..." He says tenderly kissing her on the cheek. "My sister Beth got everyone on the entire island to get together in order to celebrate this wonderful occasion." He says chuckling just a little.

Lillie smiled and kissed him passionately. She walked up to Beth. "Miss Dawson, thank you for this," Lillie said sincerely, a few tears in her eyes. "This is all very kind of you."

She lets out a hardy laugh. "Just call me Beth." She say with a smile placing a hand on her shoulder. "It only seemed right to give you a proper welcoming party, you brought so much happiness to the captain and the crew of the lady grim, you've certainly earned your place by my brother's side." She says with a tender smile on her face.

Lillie smiled kindly. "Thank you, Beth," said Lillie happiny with tears in her eyes at the thought of being accepted somewhere. "Thank you all, so much."

Beth smiles. "Now that that is settled, Fritzy break out the drinks we got ourselves a party to celebrate wooo!" She spouts with a celebratory shout.

Music and merriment went on through the day as everyone rejoiced, sang danced ate and drank to their hearts content. At the moment Jareth sat at a booth watching Lillie enjoy herself. Everything was going better than he could have ever expected and it made him happy.

Lillie walked up to Jareth and kissed him. "I'm so happy, darling," said Lillie, with a beaming smile on her face. "I'd never thought I'd be grateful for being kidnapped.

He laughs as he returns the kiss. "i never thought i could be happier about kidnapping someone." he says pulling her into his lap. "Just think, almost three months ago you had been my captive on my ship... and now here you are, part of the crew, calling this island home... soon enough you'll be calling me your husband." He says with a soft smile. He kisses her lovingly on the lips.

"And I can't wait," said Lillie, wrapping her arms around his neck. She kissed him back. "I have never felt more accepted then here."

He smiles and kisses her again as he slips his arms around her waist. He brings his lips up to her ear. "now it's just a matter of deciding when you want the wedding to be my love." he whispers into her ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back