• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Poison Of The Seven Seas

@The Reaper Of Souls Your character sheet is under the quality standards. Since the roleplay is also already very full, we've resorted to only accepted very few. Sorry, you are rejected.

I am aware. I was going off of the things you already have. Sorry, I'm aware this may seem cruel, but in the end it is up to the Author to accept whoever he/she wants in the roleplay, and reject the others. You are a part of the latter group, so you don't have to finish your character sheet.

@Holo I mean, do you know the price of a pirate ship? Your character has been around for 3 something years, and going off of the assumption that you aren't exactly a high-pay worker, at this point you probably wouldn't be able to buy your own cannon, let alone an entire pirate ship.

I know that's why John explained that Natalia was going to steal one and beige a crew with rum. Instead of trying to buy a shop.

"Our story begins six years after the capture of Dmitri H. Fitzgerald"

21-6=15, but then again I don't remember if it was another part of the year.

For one Louise had 4-5 years of experience, and then she also had a bunch of the old shipmates to help her out. The 13 year old would just be starting out with a crew she didn't know. Nonetheless, I see your point.

@Archdemon Things you need to fix: 1. Punctuation, 2. So he's an asocial fellow, but he's very good at trading/persuasion and likes to tell stories? That contradicts itself. 3. More detail plz. 4. Both your pictures of Longswords and Scimitars are pictures of sabers. 5. Being terrible at other languages isn't a weakness, per se. Nor is not being able to fire a gun. Having one eye should give you plenty of more difficulties than that.

OKAY. I know the fabulous Queen doesn't often make her presence in well, anything, but I feel like it's my time to shine.

People already mostly explained all of this (and I thank them), but Natalia is 13. This is the late 1600's. A woman pirating a ship was absolutely unheard of, let alone a young girl. No matter how experienced they are, and even if they had enough money to buy a ship, it just didn't happen. Hell, a woman's only role on a pirate ship back then would be a captive, who would be regularly "used", maybe a chef's hand, and SOMETIMES a musician. I'm kind of stretching that a little bit for the sake of interesting roleplay, but I do want to keep some things realistic.

Louise was a young captain. VERY young. She was fifteen. BUT, her situation was somewhat different. She had five years of experience on her side, plus a decent crew who already respected her. She already had a ship, as well. As Prizzy said, even if John was saving up for three years, he wouldn't have made all that much money. His job isn't too big, so his cut of the loot they gathered would be pretty small. Maybe he wouldn't get any at all. There's absolutely no way that he'd have saved enough for a whole ship. You say Natalia would just use the money to hire some thugs to help her steal one, but stealing a pirate ship is HARD. Like, really hard. Even if she could find people who wouldn't rape, murder, and rob her, she would probably get killed in the process of stealing the ship.

And say she did steal the ship. At this point, she would have no money left. No money for supplies to make a voyage, no money for weapons...she has the pirate ship, but what the hell is she supposed to do with it?

Ya feel?

You're trying to talk to me about something I agree with but its also the thinking of a young character. John my older character would already know this and would have taken that into consideration.

So why did he freak out? He shouldn't have threatened to kill the girl if he didn't actually believe she'd be successful. Besides, it's not mutiny if the captain doesn't really care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back