• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Point of No Return [Closed]

What State do You Want to Start In?

• Georgia

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • California

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Kansas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another State, Post Your Suggestion Below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StorytellerLathos

laugh hard, run fast, be kind
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to "The Point of No Return", this RP takes place about 30 years from now (2018), scientists believed that by this time we would have had great strides in technology to explore the cosmos, make advance weaponry, and much more. Instead of this beautiful idea of the future a different path has unfolded, this path is carved by humanity's lack of care for the Earth, climate change ravaged society and led to the evacuation of Earth. However a few were left behind to fend for themselves, you all (anyone that joins) are some of the last Earthlings left on their home planet.

Now to begin I do want to say to not take the climate change effects I list as fact, so when I mention something either somewhat or completely incorrect please remember this is an RP and I'm taking a few creative liberties. Also I am in no way showing favoritism towards any states in the US when I describe what happened to them and how I made them look within the map.

I'm looking for 4-8 players (not including myself), this will primarily be played on the site within a thread, though I may sometimes bring in a website that I feel would add a little more to the game.

Character Bio Sheet
Name:
Appearance (Doesn't have to be super detailed):
Personality:
Country of Origin:
Short/Long Backstory (Just try to make sure your backstory isn't only 1 sentence):
Other (Anything else you feel you should mention):

More info to come, in this post (through edits) and future posts.

Before Climate Change Map (File:Map of USA showing state names.png - Wikimedia Commons)
US TBE.png

After Climate Change Map (Edited Version of Above Map)
US DS.jpg

IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character Page

Last edited:
Well hi there, I'm new here too so don't worry about that too much, but if your interested I'll be putting a character bio sheet that can be filled out. The actual IC thread will be up a once there are about 3 people.

Edit: Okay the Character Bio Sheet should be up for you to make your character

Last edited:
Okay Nefelibata726 Nefelibata726 just fill out the character bio sheet found in the first post and you'll be good to go!

The IC thread will be up after we have 3 people (not including myself), I believe this means we only need one more person assuming you and K KieranWilcox make your characters.

In the meantime feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

Alright! Realistic face claims okay for appearance?
Do we have to wait for the IC thread to post the character sheet there, or do we just post them here?

Character sheets are posted here.
I don't actually know what "realistic face claims" are but anything should be allowed when making your character, except for breaking the site's rules.

XD like... a real life photo of a person. NOT a picture of ourselves, but like... a famous person or some person you find on google/bing lol
I'll work on him now!

Oh, well, hmm *coughs*... Anyway yeah that's allowed just remember to follow the site's rules for images.

Sounds cool, also it looks that you all might be starting in California, the beautiful west coast... At least it used to be beautiful.

California has experienced many more earthquakes than it usually has, at first they were ignored by the people left on Earth it eventually became a problem when some of the best structures left from the old world became nothing more than rubble. Much of California's famous beaches have become victim to extreme flooding and droughts have become (even more) common in the once amazing state.

Also as a word of warning
|DON'T GO TO SEATTLE|
(You'll see why later)

Okay, both characters are good. For now we're waiting on Kieran and another person, this may take a while so don't be alarmed if you see a day or two go by while we wait for a third member (or more), however if I feel it might just be best to start I'll go ahead and make the thread.

Bill Nein Bill Nein
Just put the character(s) in the Character List Page, I'll be putting the IC thread up in a little bit.
Also there are enough people to start meaning the poll is closed, you all are starting California refer to post #13 for a description of California or look at the quote below.

California has experienced many more earthquakes than it usually has, at first they were ignored by the people left on Earth it eventually became a problem when some of the best structures left from the old world became nothing more than rubble. Much of California's famous beaches have become victim to extreme flooding and droughts have become (even more) common in the once amazing state.

ALSO IMPORTANT THING RIGHT HERE: I would like you all to begin within a community I'll be making up in the first IC post, I'm open to other starts just remember that with the size of this world it would be easiest to start in the same general area.

Last edited:
Well now that I've looked at more of the features here's the Character List Page for anyone who's interested.

And Nefelibata726 if you could move your characters over there and delete the post here I would appreciate it. (Sorry for not realizing I could make these in the first place)

SeantheIrishman SeantheIrishman Bill Nein Bill Nein Kya Kya
If your still interested in this RP could you go to the Characters Page to put your character(s) there and the IC Thread to make a post (Sorry if this comes off impatient or pushy, not meaning to sound like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back