• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Plague

Davis: (What's the purpose of a dice roll, and how do you use it?) "The food?,Some guy gave some to me, I stole some from a few houses about 60 miles away from here." I say as I turn out my pockets.

You know... I'm not entirely sure. I thought I was rolling relative to you for the guard to suspect you of like, stealing or something. Relative meaning like, a high roll would be good. Would you prefer if I just like, leave dice out of like, non-charisma interactions? I'll admit that roll felt completely useless in my eyes -.-

GM > Davis

The guard quickly turns to the other guard. They both nod and return your bag. "Alright, I guess you're good.. As long as you didn't steal anything from the camp."

GM > Kenneth

As Kenneth walks away, the guard calls him out. "You there. You have something to hide? Get over here, random inspection."

Payton

She creases her brows and waved her hand at the group, they eventually slowed down. She knew exactly what was going to happen, she had seen so many of them, and left some many behind. This time was Daniel, Payton would describe him as 'a good man, a family man', she told everyone to sit down and regain energy whilst pulling Daniel aside. She didn't say anything to him, just stared at him for awhile and shook her head.

Davis: "Thanks! Live long and prosper." I say to the guards.
duboard.php

GM > Payton

Daniel puts his hands up to his mouth, still trying to quell the coughing. When he finally has his breath, he looks up to Payton. "I don't even know how--" he spoke a few hoarse words, but then suddenly broke out coughing again. You back up a few steps, noticing a minute amount of blood fly out of his mouth and onto the dirt. You can tell it's a case of Tendermess, if you couldn't before.

GM > Davis

The guards wave you by, making sure you have all your stuff. You can hear them say something as you walk a few steps out of the fence. "How far you think they'll make it?" The newer guard asks. The one with the branch answers with a bit of a laugh, "Tomorrow's patrol'll find their bodies about two miles from here." (EDIT:Btw, I see that you tried to add a picture, but I don't see the actual picture. Might just be school filter's being stupid or something)

Kennith

I stop and turn around. A scowl on my face as I enter the circle and take off my shirt. I look around at the crowd, waiting for the guard's evaluation.

Davis: We walk westward again. "We're on our way to a new city!" I say to Karen excitedly.

( pie, by 'a large quantity of water', do you mean like drink water? Or taking a shower?)

Payton

"Sarah, pass me a water bottle." She rubbed her face in frustration, Sarah nodded and ran over to their backpacks, pulling out a half full bottle of water, then ran back and gave it to her. "Here, this might help." Right now, in her mind, was what to do with Daniel, how is she going to lay it down with his family, who are looking at her from afar.

(No, it's just the link thing acting up...I used a clear pic that i could see.... It was Spock in Star Trek doing the live long in prosper salute.) 
Davis: (Don't let this be dead!) As we walk, I decide on something. "Hey Karen?" I ask. "What?" "Should we try to find people, and try to build a civilization? But not be so harsh, like at that military base back there?" I ask. "I think we should. It'd be fun." She replies. "Should we head back, but go AROUND the military base?" I ask, turning around. "Sounds good." She replies, and we head back. As we arrive at the border, I start to go right, so I won't get another inspection. 20 minutes later, we go left-ish. I see the border behind me, so I keep going,

I ain't gonna let it die if I can help it. I just have no internet whatsoever on the weekends.

GM > Payton

(Depends. I'd say maybe 10 days worth relative to a single person, and it'd prolly be fresh) As people are resting, you suddenly feel a sense of angst, like something bad is about to happen. Daniel is laying flat on the ground, covering his mouth with his light red T-shirt as he continues coughing.

GM > Davis

I believe the way you're going is basically along the slight plateau. You know this way to be the easiest way down the mountain. Behind you, you hear someone shouting, "Hey! Hey guys!" The voice sounds like a woman.

GM > Kenneth

The guard walks around him, examining his body. "Get your shirt and go to sickbay." He wasn't even ill. "Anyone else feel like getting a checkup?" The crowd began to anxiously disperse.

I turnaround. "Ello!" I say, getting out my knife and cloth. "Care to join our group? We're trying to build a city...a better city than the q-towns. But if you do want to, I'm going to have to check you. Stay back Karen." I say. She steps back. 
(Down the plateau? Correct.)

Gm > Davis

She's in a light jog to catch up to you guys. When she is about 6 feet away from you she stops. She is lightly dressed, in a T-shirt and knee-length gym shorts. "Um... check me?" She looks a bit confused by this, almost offended remembering the guard's infamous random strip checks. (And yes, the plateau eventually starts to slope down easier than just like, going down the mountainside)

"Cut your arm a little. No need to do what they did in the q-town." I say, shuddering at the thought. "Care to join our little mission?"

GM > Davis

"Oh, uh, okay.." She walks forward to you and extends her arm palm-up. She can't help but feel a bit nervous. "You clean that knife, right?"

"Yeah." I say, getting water out. I put some on the rag, and scrub it on a rock. I rub my hand across the rag to get the grime off. I then pour some water on both sides on the knife. "There we go." I say. "Can I please have your arm? By the way, would you like to join our mission in trying to create a better civilization than the q-town?

GM > Davis

She shakes her already extended arm. "Just cut me already. And I guess. I mean, humans aren't going anywhere if we just go out on our own."

GM > Davis

The woman winces a bit at the touch of the knife, but smiles at the news. "I could've just told you that, but I know how paranoid people can get lately. Not too many lucky survivors." She pulls her arm back and looks at the cut. "You have anything to cover this? You know, so I stay not infected?

I tear a little of my sleeve. "Now I do." I state. I wrap the cloth around the wound, and I tie it.

GM > Davis

She nods and starts following you. "So, we going anywhere in particular?" (For the record, I'm basically making up this geography. I think we're somewhere in northwest US, and right now I think you're headed west unless I missed something)

GM > Davis

"Oh, okay. What we gonna be doing at the Q-towns?" (I should say, it's possible that not all Q-towns were as rough as the one we were at)

GM > Davis

"Alright, cool." She looks off in the distance, taking in the view of the forests around us. You can see a wooden signpost in the road. 21 mi. N Q-Town #21

GM > Davis

Around 5 minutes of you going down the roughly defined dirt path, you begin to enter an area of light foliage. Spare for where repeated vehicular traffic have worn down the road, there are several bushes and a few patches of tall trees. As you continue, you see another sign, Q-Town 21, 12 mi. Near the sign, you see an indentation in the grass a few meters away from the road...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back