• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Phenomenon (Magical Apocalypse)

See you are thinking about rp from a competitive standpoint as opposed to a narrative stand point, you forget that RP really isn't about fighting it's about the story,  sure we have fun and fights are cool but that's not what it's about. I trust that these people understand that.

Honestly, it all comes down to moderation, that much is true. But even coming from a Narration Standpoint these abilities are "potential" problems unless well moderated and trusting players that barely have anything in their CS is something I wouldn't do. And if you think that story of yours will live without any conflict, whether against NPC's or against a player then what I've said before just became that much truer. At least you're going to change something about the abilities.

3. I know exactly what @Wickedkent and @Melinoe Dark can do. How do I know? Because they came to me and talked to me about their abilities and I helped them with it. I can tell you for a fact that @Melinoe Dark does not have every power in Tarot Mimicry and she has actually nerfed herself to a great degree even from what we both talked about and I don't  care if she wrote 3 words that's no reason to be rude to her about how she decided to make her CS. I can tell you for a fact that @Wickedkent is not nearly as OP as you think he is because we talked about it and at the end of the day, knowing the future does not guarantee you can change it.

Well, as a player that would be involved in the RP the CS doesn't tell me anything about her ability. And if you think that is rude for me to point out, that there is barely any information, then maybe you should honestly think about how it looks from the outside. I think hiding abilities can be interesting but it wouldn't hurt to point out in the CS Thread itself, that way people would know it's at least moderated to some degree. This still doesn't change that a one liner for your supercharge ability is laughable, especially if it's an ability like hers. You throw around rude a lot, but it is an honest critic of her CS and it seems that your only defense for defending call outs of low-quality Character Sheets is "You're Rude!", yeah, that seems quite rude in itself.

Anyway, I fairly critiqued about what I was concerned about and whether you think it's rude or not, at the end of the day doesn't really matter all that much. I must apologize about the doomed to fail part because that certainly was going a bit too far in retrospect. I don't know you and your moderation capabilities, so I shouldn't have made that one comment.

Alright, I wish you the best of luck in that project and hope you didn't take anything I've said as a personal attack on yourself. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally agree about the magic needing a bit more description to it.  So others can know what they're dealing with.

@Yggjar

The simple fact of the matter is that when they make powers I ask them what they can do. I know what @Melinoe Dark can do so there is no possible way she could cheat because me and her talked about what she can and can't do. On top of that reason why what you did was rude is that you just jumped to the conclusion that, that was how her CS was going to stay when in fact from what she has told me she is actually working on the details for her powers and was going to add them in later so everyone else could see, but you decided it was appropriate to call what she did lazy and laughable and even went as far as to say she had a low quality CS when the powers at best are like 20% of the Sheet so at best it would flawed. However; she only wrote her power description that short because she wanted to talk to me about what it was she could or couldn't do before writing it down so even in that aspect her CS is not even flawed but incomplete. @Solemn Jester doesn't even have a written down yet, that is nothing against him because we just talked about his powers as well. However; does this make his CS low-quality because he has nothing written down there? No it doesn't. 

Now I may be wrong I'm not even going to rule it out as a possibly, I could be looking at it all wrong. However; where I'm from when you assume stuff about people and speak on it before you know the full facts it’s considered to be rude. I don't  take what you've said as a personal attack on me because I don't usually really care what people say about me personally. As you have pointed out you know nothing about my moderation skills and as it stands I don't have that many people to moderate as of now. If this RP grows then at some point I will likely need help but trust and believe for now I am all good. The only real issue I had was the assumptions you made on the parts of certain people participating in this RP.

Anyway, thank you for your well wishes and concerns. Have a good day or night whatever time it is where you are.

@Yggjar

The simple fact of the matter is that when they make powers I ask them what they can do. I know what @Melinoe Dark can do so there is no possible way she could cheat because me and her talked about what she can and can't do. On top of that reason why what you did was rude is that you just jumped to the conclusion that, that was how her CS was going to stay when in fact from what she has told me she is actually working on the details for her powers and was going to add them in later so everyone else could see, but you decided it was appropriate to call what she did lazy and laughable and even went as far as to say she had a low quality CS when the powers at best are like 20% of the Sheet so at best it would flawed. However; she only wrote her power description that short because she wanted to talk to me about what it was she could or couldn't do before writing it down so even in that aspect her CS is not even flawed but incomplete. @Solemn Jester doesn't even have a written down yet, that is nothing against him because we just talked about his powers as well. However; does this make his CS low-quality because he has nothing written down there? No it doesn't. 

Now I may be wrong I'm not even going to rule it out as a possibly, I could be looking at it all wrong. However; where I'm from when you assume stuff about people and speak on it before you know the full facts it’s considered to be rude. I don't  take what you've said as a personal attack on me because I don't usually really care what people say about me personally. As you have pointed out you know nothing about my moderation skills and as it stands I don't have that many people to moderate as of now. If this RP grows then at some point I will likely need help but trust and believe for now I am all good. The only real issue I had was the assumptions you made on the parts of certain people participating in this RP.

Anyway, thank you for your well wishes and concerns. Have a good day or night whatever time it is where you are.

Yay I got used as an example! Although I finished editing the majority of my magic ._. so how long until the rp starts? I'm really bored.

@Yggjar

You see, while you might be able to work with more information. There's no clear indication that any of this was the case, does it say that sheet is incomplete anywhere on the actual character thread? No? Yeah, I thought so too. Now while you may say that assuming things without asking about them is actually quite foolish, it is most logical to imply that accepted applications are probably finished and good the way they are. And if they aren't, it should be your job or that of the RPer to point that out. As for Melione, everything but the Bio is basically nothing descriptive and while you may call that "flawed", for me that is low quality. You just have a different view on them for whatever reason, maybe you judge Character Sheets differently but that's really your thing. I would just appreciate if you wouldn't devalue my opinion in that way, though. Anyway, I'm growing tired of this discussion, have a nice day or night whatever time it is where you are.

*yawns and falls asleep on Blue Jay's lap* How about we all just get along zzz..and stop making so much noise, I'm trying to sleep zzzzz Mmm comfy zzzz...

You know what I would really appreciate?  I would really appreciate it if people just stopped talking about me. I do not care if he thinks my Character Sheet is low quality,  I do not care if he thinks what I did is laughable or lazy. The way I see it, minus the power section my sheet really isn't any different from anyone elses and its only in that one sheet. Only the personality is arguably not as detailed as some people because quite honestly I'm not good as describing personalities I'm better at portaying them than I am explaining them so if anyone has a problem with my sheet, if anyone has any questions before we start or before I can add in the rest of my details, please just ask instead of talking about me.

Now on a brighter note. I can't wait to start.

You know what I would really appreciate?  I would really appreciate it if people just stopped talking about me. I do not care if he thinks my Character Sheet is low quality,  I do not care if he thinks what I did is laughable or lazy. The way I see it, minus the power section my sheet really isn't any different from anyone elses and its only in that one sheet. Only the personality is arguably not as detailed as some people because quite honestly I'm not good as describing personalities I'm better at portaying them than I am explaining them so if anyone has a problem with my sheet, if anyone has any questions before we start or before I can add in the rest of my details, please just ask instead of talking about me.

Tbh no one is really good at making personalities. It's also one of my weak points.

You know what I would really appreciate?  I would really appreciate it if people just stopped talking about me. I do not care if he thinks my Character Sheet is low quality,  I do not care if he thinks what I did is laughable or lazy. The way I see it, minus the power section my sheet really isn't any different from anyone elses and its only in that one sheet. Only the personality is arguably not as detailed as some people because quite honestly I'm not good as describing personalities I'm better at portaying them that I am explaining them so if anyone has a problem with my sheet, if anyone has any questions before we start or before I can add in the rest of my details, please just ask instead of talking about me.

Here here! *gives a quick comforting hug to Melinoe then falls back asleep* Zzzzzzzz *purrs* *mumbles*  No no anything but that! *mumbles purrs and frowns* gimme back my dango!

Here here! *gives a quick comforting hug to Melinoe then falls back asleep* Zzzzzzzz *purrs* *mumbles*  No no anything but that! *mumbles purrs and frowns* gimme back my dango!

-Places dango Infront of you while you sleep- there you go fella. Enjoy your rest.

-Places dango Infront of you while you sleep- there you go fella. Enjoy your rest.

*punches Jester with the force of a fully powered up goku* My dango! *snatches dango and noms while sleeping* dammit Itachi you shouldn't eat so much pocky, you'll end up like Naruto is with his Ramen. *snores and purrs*

*punches Jester with the force of a fully powered up goku* My dango! *snatches dango and noms while sleeping* dammit Itachi you shouldn't eat so much pocky, you'll end up like Naruto is with his Ramen. *snores and purrs*

-Is unaffected by punch- huehuehue silly, have a nice rest now.

Alright everyone  the RP page is up, remember what we talked about no Supers for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back