• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Party.

Gud exposition?

• Hey, that's pretty good!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Illiterate

what da dog doin
=Somewhat Excessive Swearing Warning=
I mean..-Kinda. It's used for comedy and stuff.

"I didn't know people had so much damn blood in their bodies..-What a great learning experience..?"

Through personal experience.
Life is a ludicrous amount of bullshit -personalities strung together.
There are the times where it's like: Hey! You don't deserve this, but I'm gonna give it to you anyways!
And those are great! On the occasion that they happen..
Other times life is like: Hey! Fuck you! Haha! You're sad now! That's entertaining!
And those are alright because you know it's a regular occurrence.
But that one time..
That one time where life reveals the worst side of itself.
The time where everything is put on the line in one moment, and all of the..-

"Cut the crap! Get to the storyline!"
But.. There's exposition.. and..
"And what?"
Stuff.
"Stuff? What kind of stuff?"
Ya'know.. 'Things'.
"Well, I suggest you make it snappy. I'm getting impatient."
Who the fuck are you?

Ahem.

Here I am.
Frozen air filling my lungs as I try to catch what little breath I can take in..
The limbs that now hang from my body spazzing as I will myself to move bit by bit.
From a physical standpoint, I should really be coughing more blood than I am now.
In all honesty, I should be face first in the snow breathless.
As it feels as if my pulse has left my body.
The human body can only do so much, even if it's quite the vessel.

Yet I still stand.

Crimson stains running from the corners of my mouth as my teeth grit from the searing pain in my thighs.
The only thing standing between certain death, and a friend that has very likely passed.
I don't even know if they're alive.
Yet my body refuses to leave the spot that it's in, despite this psychotic werewolf..-thing..-standing before me.
It's quite the strange thought that about a half a month ago, I was testing out my leg after getting off of crutches.
Trying to perform jukes like I was Barry Sanders.
You don't realize how easy life is until everything hard about another life is thrown on you.
Or something poetic like that.
To keep it simple, I was about to die.
I probably was already dead, as my eyes were paler than Christopher Walker in a black and white photo.

"Oh come on, Christopher Walker isn't that pale."

Shut up. You laughed. Moving on.
"Death is a very serious thing, I would never laugh at that."

Again. Who the fuck are you?!

If I'm not dead, I've probably just gone mental.
As a laugh rises from my chest, a spurt of blood following it as I half-heartedly grin for a reason I can't seem to understand at the moment.
My iced hands reach for the weapons holstered on my back, my opponent doing nothing to stop me as I did so.
The monstrous grin would spread on his face, the nose on the end of his long snout twitching as he watched me with bronze eyes that were filled with a lust for fucking me up.
Terror began to spill down my spine, forcing me to grunt to keep myself from shaking too much.
Why was I putting myself through this?
Maybe because the half-dead body that I was at this point had lost reason?
Maybe I had a severe concussion that rid my mind of its flight response..
Because any sensible person would've run at this point.
The beast before me would begin to chuckle, the small laugh becoming louder as he watched my struggle.
I know I'm afraid.
I know at this point, it's pointless.
I can't keep myself from shaking, and it frustrates me.
It's just one thing.
Like the punter as I'm running one back..
He's the only thing in front of me.
He's threatening this season.
He's threatening me.
He's threatening my friends.

My grin full of lunacy shifts to one of rage, my levels of energy rising slowly as I stand tall.
I've stopped shaking, but I don't care about that.

All I care about is blasting my way through this last line of defense.
As I firmly strap the shield to my arm, my eyes lock to my opponent.
Focusing all of my strength to raise my sword to level with my head.
I heave out a breath that makes my head spin, quickly taking another crisp puff of air to compensate for the dizziness.
Gathering what strength I have, my vision begins to blur as I do what I always do.

I scream.

Ya' know, like one of those Dragon Ball Z screams.
Unnecessarily prolonged, very loud.
But unlike the other times I've screamed, I can really hear it.
It's insanely loud, I can hear the way it's distorting the sounds in the air.
The way it's echoing is quite chilling honestly, but I ignore it as my energy mysteriously fills my body.
I can't see myself, but the whites in my eyes have shifted to a light that spreads from my body.
An aura similar to that of flames now expelling from my vision, turning it to a hazed gold..

I kinda get it now.
Not really.
The reason I could will myself to stand for my friends..
It's cause' I'm the Paladin, right?
I'm supposed to protect..-Or something.

Despite being a complete mess mere moments ago, I felt like I could run over a damn bus.
Energy unlike anything that I had ever felt before was coursing through me, empowering me with the strength to plow through whatever the fuck this thing was.

"I don't know what this hell this stuff is. But I'm gonna skin you, and hang you over my fireplace."

Whew.
I hope you liked reading, or that was a large waste of time.
Cut me some slack, it's been awhile since I've written a decent amount.

Glad you've clicked. And if you're reading this, I thank you.

Here's a quick rundown, that I may or may not expand on later.
No promises.

Our fantastic story begins in the fantastical world of Nexus.
One filled with everything from dragons of myth to species such as Fae.
In stereotypical fashion, there's a powerful threat scouring the world.
Destroying everything in its path as drives the people apart for easy pickings.
This force is mainly focused on stopping the clever race that are the Phantoms, as the strongest Phantoms were known to be able to wipe out entire armies alone.
While this was nothing but folklore, the 'Corrupted King' Oryx took no chances with his work.
Successfully wiping out the race with ease.

I mean..-*Spoiler Alert*
He didn't, or else this wouldn't be a story.

In a quick attempt to save their race, six Phantoms left behind all they knew, traveling across dimensions to a different world. Firstly known as Mother and later learned to be called Earth.
These Phantoms took the form of the everyday man, hiding among the strange culture of humans in an effort to prolong their lives.

Of course, as time passed, they comfortably situated themselves into their new lives.
Settling down with human partners before starting families.
Strangely enough, Phantoms could not have more than a single child, any others would become miscarries or die at a very young age.

These single children were on the peculiar side..
Being gifted both physically, and mentally.

Phantoms have decided that it may be time to return home.
But they believe their children will be the ones to defeat the threat of their homeworld.

And while there is no legend to this story, the remaining Phantoms decided to make one..

"A Party consists of the Knight, Paladin, Rogue, Assassin, Hunter, and the Archer..-"

(Taken By Epiphany Epiphany )
The Knight.
640bfd202c5ead4ccbd1e98a2205ec83.jpg
The Knight is the Brute of the Party, being there mainly for defending its brethren.
One of action over talk, the Knight likes to get things done. And is in no form a time waster.
The Knight is extremely powerful, and what it lacks in mobility, it makes up in powerful defense.
A knight wields a massive shield, one that is nearly as large as the Knight itself.

This mass of metal is accompanied by a large, two-handed sword.
Knights must be very strong because of this, as they wear heavy armor along with holding a two-handed sword in one hand.

(Taken By M'wah.)
The Paladin.
eb7700e06d2d6211ea8066417e0fd201.jpg

The Paladin is the life of the Party, being there mainly as a versatile form of offense and defense.
Essentially the loudmouth, the Paladin wields the power to strengthen him and his allies with a roar.
While the Paladin isn't as strong as his knight counterpart, he is undoubtedly powerful.
Carrying a normally sized shield along with a broadsword of the same scale.
And while they don't wear armor of nearly the same level as the Knight, the creative mix of leather and metal provide enough protection, without sacrificing mobility.

Both the Knight and Paladin have strong wills, along with a powerful sense of protection.
Making them the ones to stand in front of danger and take the hits.

(Taken by Nephalem Nephalem )
The Assassin.
f0f0e713898cb09ca05cf35dcdc4eba9.jpg

The Assassin is the support of the party, being there mainly for assisting his comrades.
The Assassin is swift, using his superior speed to keep his opponents on his toes.

The Assassin is the fastest of the party, along with using damaging poisons to deal constant damage to an enemy.
Carrying two broadswords and a number of daggers, the Assassin is only slightly rivaled by the Paladin in close range combat.
However, the Assassin wears very light armor, making them susceptible to large damage.

(Taken By Prince of Corruption Prince of Corruption )
The Rogue.
9148d6d170273412ca16da7be7d83f90.jpg

The Rogue is the silent one of the Party, being there mainly for silent kills and surprise attacks.
While not as fast as their Assassin counterpart, the Rogue is very light on their feet.

The Rogue is the most attuned to magic, relying heavily on their cloaks of invisibility, or spells that can deal large damage.
The Rogue carries a single short sword, along with blades concealed by their wrists. Adding in their creative use of magic makes them a silent and deadly combination.
A Rogue doesn't wear extremely heavy armor, but they do wear armor tougher than that of the Assassin.

Both the Assassin and Rogue are athletically gifted and have a sense of responsibility in regards to their allies.
They're always there for backup.

(Taken By Scattered Ambitions Scattered Ambitions )
The Hunter.
25b50fe5f5c33e1cfc58e692c96978fb.jpg

The Hunter is the wild one of the Party, being there as a versatility master.
Not as swift as the Rogue or Assassin, the Hunter is still a very mobile Bowman.
Primarily relying on archery, the Hunter is still capable of a number of things besides that. Ranging from an axeman, or a swordsman, the Hunter has a number of weapons in his arsenal at once.
As a survivalist, the Hunter is a quick thinker, acting with high aggression.
However, in order to stay mobile, the Hunter has sacrificed thick armor in favor of light leather, being a glass cannon in an essence.

(Taken By Ridge Ridge )
The Archer.
a6aadaf7c9ff0f446e872e0c1263ca65.jpg

The Archer is the Marksman of the Party, being there for range primarily.
While equal to the Hunter mobility wise, the Archer is in no way as versatile.

The Archer only relies on their bow, only carrying a dagger for emergencies.
However, like the Rogue, the Archer is well attuned to magic. This allows the Archer to fire arrows that are boosted with magic, making them much more dangerous and effective.
The Archer wears light armor, able to take hits to an extent.

Both the Hunter and Archer have very keen senses and high awareness, they pay very close attention to details, and are great at gathering info.
They keep the heat off of their allies.

Last edited:
So...

Is this on earth or on Nexus? Or yes?

Characters are born and raised on Earth, though? And given the contemporary references to that exposition, around today?

Are the roles literal or metaphorical? I'm tentatively interested in the Knight, but not sure if we're talking about literally walking around in giant armor with massive shield or if that's the role.

Not sure why I'm awake, but who cares!
Woot!
Questions, and stuff!

So...

Is this on earth or on Nexus? Or yes?

Characters are born and raised on Earth, though? And given the contemporary references to that exposition, around today?

Are the roles literal or metaphorical? I'm tentatively interested in the Knight, but not sure if we're talking about literally walking around in giant armor with a massive shield or if that's the role.

1. Yes. Both fam, they'll start out on earth.
2. Yes. Born and raised, around the age we live in today.
3. Eh.. There's a tiny bit explaining to do with this one.

See.. When starting out, the roles are metaphorical. Since they won't be doing anything fantasy related right off the bat. It's just a role for now, and they just have qualities that fit their corresponding role. Like the Archer is very accurate when throwing/firing stuff. The Knight is really tall and beefy, the Rouge has a low presence..-And so on.
Butt, when shit stuff gets real they'll actually be all fighty and stuff. The knight won't be carrying a shield yet.

I'd like the hunter role, if you don't mind. Illiterate Illiterate
(Man, I haven't done this in a while. Please, forgive me.)

D o n e.

Nothing to forgive mate, you're fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back