• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Origins of Magic

Han

Realmtraveler Realmtraveler
-----------------------
The morning was announced by the rooster calling to the sun. You wake up in your room with the sound of bustling citizens under your window. You were born and raised in the capital city of Arkset, known for their devoted paladins, their greatest bread in the nation and their strict rulings. You were orphaned and raised by the, but you're no longer a child. You have grown your own desires, your own ambitions. In the common room, you find both young and old starting their day. The children eating their breakfast, the older men and women living inside this small community are cooking or minding their own business as they prepare for another day of work. ''Good morning! Bread is on the table. I heard you were planning desert us for greener pastures,'' Minerva said. She was a woman in her mid-thirties who took a calling into raising the many orphans that fell into her care and teach them a marketable skill in life. While she managed the house her husband managed the estate, the money and their connections to the city.

"Morning." I reply tired sinking my teeth into bread and looking outside window, into the horizon. Do I just tell her how it is? No. I don't want her to worry. I don't want priests to find out. It's funny how they are, seemingly noble servants of god. And yet if anything as little as rumour goes that you are doing something out of ordinary, you are under constant watch and pressure from priests. They might deny you help when needed if they don't like you. And prey god no-one as little a says they saw you chanting something you risk the inquisition breaking doors and if they find anything remotely resembling witchcraft they'll burn you at the stake.

"I just wanted to thank you for everything you did for me. It means a lot to me... I know I never said it before. But I just..." I say signing and looking into the distance. Thinking of the task I have at hand. It will be hard but I am determined to stay on my path, and not turn back. "...wanted to leave at a good note." - I finally finish.

(OOC: Character's name is Keith.)

From the window you could see the stretched fields of herbs, trees and bushes that were being tended to. Children that waddled with watering pots and a beeline of young men in their mid-teens dragging buckets filled with water from the well.

Minerva smiled as she put a cup of milk before you, she sat herself down on the opposite side of the table with a cup of her own. From this close, you can see the wrinkles of age and the crowfeet at the corner of her eyes. ''Having you in our community and seeing you grow was my pleasure, Keith. Everyone leaves the nest eventually, I've seen the look in your eyes these past months. I knew it was only a matter of time for you to go out on your own.'' Her smile was warm and she leaned forward to pet your hand. ''Be safe and take time to prepare yourself for this journey. You'll always have a home in Arkset.''

Her invitation was genuine but you know her hospitality is limited to the city rules. No one is above the law, and if you were to get in trouble with the law it would social status and money to make those laws bend around your wrongdoing. ''Well, I need to get to tend to the garden. Send a letter from time to time. Let me know you're alive and well.'' And with this she finished her cup and left for the gardens.

As I finish up my drink, sign and head out to buy some supplies with those few coins i managed to scramble up during my life doing small side jobs.

(OOC: The amount of money is up to you to decide.)

I go with the intend to buy a backpack, bedroll, a week worth's of dried food, a cloak, a hunting knife, a new good pair of boots and a traveler's walking stick. I intend to go as light as possible so I don't buy other supplies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back