• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Order [Third Edition]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

HTCOR

RP Junkie
Upon the coastline of Cuba, rested a three story guild-house. The building seemed rather run-down, reflecting the status of the order within the Caribbean- generally ignored as it wasn't a pretty sight. Most colonies ran themselves, and pirates were abound. However, to those looking to join one of the prestigious 'Guilds', this was still an honor of sorts- even if it was the weakest link in the chain of all of the Twenty Seven. Nearby docks would host a single galleon, slowly tying itself to the docks with passengers- people who were willing to come to this Guild, and join it in the right to become something more- if that be a force for good or evil, popular among the masses, or even to gain power, this place was a good start, and it would look well to start out in other guilds.

There were a pair of commoners outside, hired yesterday with silver, as to get them to clean up the place, and so they were- ripping up weeds, cutting the grass with their scythes, and even trimming the bushes and trees to make the place look more professional. However, they could only do so much for now, as the place still looked horrible to the eyes. A neat stack of firewood was set inside, as numerous people were coming down from the second floor for the current day's meal, as prepared by Gurak, the local cook. A good portion of the crew would wish to leave as soon as possible, as an actual cow was lead down the ramps for the Orc. It would be a plentiful bounty for him, something to speak of for ages- fresh meat that wasn't salted beyond belief.

As for the layout of the guild hall? Three floors, with the first floor being the primary part of the guild hall- where there was tables, chairs, places to eat, a hearth that never saw use, and the armory- empty as it's almost never been. Meanwhile, the second floor was the residency- where people could rest and sleep in a comfortable room, or, more likely, a lengthy bunk room that held around ten bunks. The members who had been a while could get the more spacey rooms, but for the fresh faced members? The bunk room it was.

The third floor was slightly strange- a library of old tomes. Most of them had been written in languages long forgotten, and supposedly? There was a woman who graced that floor, and never came down otherwise. But people said that was the fantasies of the leader, Ryder Loegaire- and considering he said that she was jaw-droppingly gorgeous, people were disinclined to believe him.

Currently, it was the second day after the Galleon approached, and had lead to numerous incidents already, and some were already in the infirmary- but who knows? Perhaps today, is a better day.

TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity Loony_Bin Loony_Bin metalcity metalcity Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai Lotusy Lotusy

The events are the same as occurred in The Order [Reboot], however you do not need to read them to join in as of this moment.

This is so people are aware, and able to join in with fresh faces, and for the old members to know what's special about the first day. Thank you.

Celica
Jerking herself awake, Celica sat up stiffly in the infirmary bed, her eyes wide and her breath shaky. What was that dream? Placing a milky white hand to her lips, the sensation of the warm stew still stained her senses, and it came as a surprise to Celica to feel the dryness that accompanied her mouth. It had felt so real, so vivid; like she was truly standing in front of those cabin doors and peering into the home of a complete stranger. How kind they were, reaching out that hospitality that only a few were able to muster during the dark times the world suffered from.

Peeking to her right, she saw Maria resting soundly beside her. Against her own words of reassurance, the knight had made it clear that she was to protect Celica with her glorious blade at all times, and so they had planted themselves right next to the small girl, having readied their sword for any possible attackers that might've entered the infirmary during the night. Celica stifled a laugh. How odd she had been, the way Maria doted on her to no end. It had been a few days since both of their injuries, and yet Celica found more comfort next to this individual than she did her own mother. Grazing a hand over Maria's bangs and moving them aside to get a better look at her face, Celica gave their cheek a small peck. "Thank you."

As she moved her copious amounts of covers and planted her feet against the wooden surface of the guild's floor, Celica squinted her eyes as the sun's rays hit her ghostly face. Is it morning? How early did I wake up? Adjusting her gown, the girl attempted to find her balance, unsteadily finding her way to her feet. She was quite satisfied with herself, having taken the time to find the strength to walk with Maria's help. It was only recently that she found it within herself to move without help from others, but the feat alone was enough to keep her hopes up for an early recovery. Taking one last look at the sleeping Maria, she slowly made her way from the bed, hoping not to wake her.

Lotusy Lotusy HTCOR HTCOR (Sorry it isn't all that long, loves)

• The Librarian
    anime_girls_anime_flower_in_hair-294203.png

'Funny, how most of these tales start. With a gathering of 'heroes', and 'villains'. One could almost say that it would be amusing, to a degree. They are misfits. Not even worthy of my prior status, yet, I am bound to this place. A plain library, made into my only home. To know that this place has fallen this far...it saddens me. At least one of the few S Ranks is still alive. Even if it is that one.'

From within the library, a series of pages fluttered, as a faint flicker of Divinity flowed throughout the room. To those of a sensory type, they could certainly detect such a minute change in the air- but for most, they wouldn't notice a single thing. The Librarian made her way through the many shelves in the place, each of which extended to the ceiling. Her imperious gaze swept over her domain, fingertips trailing along the dusty covers. She could understand every bit of the books, just by touching them- an innate understanding, granted by her Domain. It was lingering still, and she had her range pulled into this body alone, but perhaps it was time for the Order to finally view her.

Her footing was steady, as she eased the door open to the staircase- and hoped that she would be able to avoid the damnable man, as she made her way slowly but steadily down the staircase. Her boots padded quietly against the stairs, as she found herself in the main area of the guild- the Hall, where food was served.

To those who were awake at this hour, which was around six thirty in the morning, it was rather astounding to see someone awake. Especially a foreign beauty who hadn't been around before- or at least, none except Ryder would know who she was. She only had appeared once around him, and then he had been a pain ever since.

Mentioned: Anyone in the Guild Hall
    Tagging: No One

Last edited:
Maria

Maria could never say she had been "plagued" by a nightmare, but last night was a bit different. In her dream, she was back in the ring, staring down yet another brazen bull. Everything was so real - the roar of the crowd, the rush of adrenaline, andthe ever-so-faint smell of blood lingering around such a cursed arena. Maria took it in, calm and comforted by the nostalgic feeling of the arena, despite all of the pulse-pounding action it brought. As the bull charged, Maria moved to dodge it, a move become habit after hundreds of tries - but somehow she botched it, tumbling down to the ground. Her knee flared up, reminding the swordswoman of the uncomfortable truth of her current state - and she could only wait in horr as the bull charged closer and closer-

Waking up in a cold sweat, Maria flailed a bit in her bed before finally becoming reacquainted with the real world. The infirmary, ever calm, neat, and tidy, was stark enough in contrast to the arena that Maria could breathe a sigh of relief. Still, the scent of blood hung in the air, and the swordswoman knew she wouldn't shake that dream for a while.

Noticing Celica's moving form in the room, Maria pushed herself into a sitting position to better watch her leave. She wasn't aware of the events of moments prior, from the brush to peck on the cheek, but the sight of Celica calmed her down, regardless. She couldn't even say what it was about that girl that made her dote over her, lacking an answer even when Celica herself had asked her. It was bizarre - it wasn't maternal devotion or some familial-like bond, but whatever it was, Maria had decided it was glorious enough for her.

Lost in thought as she was, Maria was reminded of Celica's prescence as the girl continued to move further from her bed. The swordswoman couldn't help but be impressed that Celica was already back on her feet, and with such grace too! Remembering the walking excercises the two had completed together during their healing process, Maria smiled. She's a fast learner, isn't she? Fitting for a princess, of course. Before Celica could get too far, Maria called out to her: "My lady, where are you going? I must accompany you!" Slinging on her wide-brimmed had, grabbing her sheathed sword, and tucking her bullfighter's cloth under her arm, Maria limped over to Celica, wearing a smile almost as bright as the company she kept. "What're we doing today, Miss Celica?"

TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

Gurak

MEAT.

Meat was the only thing occupying Gurak's mind that morning - and how could he not think about it? Yesterday's galleon shipment brought in jsut about every meaty morsel that the orc could want. Gurak took a deep breath in, smelling the fresh cuts, cured meats, and links upon links of sausages lining the crates, not to mention the nearly whole, freshly-slaughtered cow that he'd paid part of his own wage to secure. If yesterday was an amazing today, today was going to be even better. After stoking the fire pit, oiling up his pans, and sharpening his skewers, the orc chef began rubbing his meaty hands together in anticipation. Today was the day he would make the meatiest breakfast of the century.

Setting about his work with a whistle, Gurak couldn't help but notice the effects of yesterday's other shipment on the guild. While he hated to admit it, the recruits, "new meat" as he called them, were obviously more impactful than his precious flesh meat. With those new recruits came glory, big promises from Ryder, and... well, fire. The large burn-scar left by Vance on the guild hall certainly intrigued Gurak, but not too much. Burns built character, after all. It's just a shame, he thought, skewering a link of sausage and hanging it over the fire. We could've had even more meat if that fire had been a bit bigger.

Just as the orc was about to bang his pots and pans together to awaken the guild, something - or rather, someone odd caught his eye. A woman, bearing a face Gurak had never seen before. Was she new? Nobody in their right minds would be up this early, and Gurak was no exception. Still, she seemed interesting enough, and Gurak waved her over to the bar he worked behind. "Hey there! You, uh..." Not knowing the woman's name, Gurak just made an awkward finger gun at her, innocently oblivious to her importance in the guild. "You. You want some breakfast?" The orc slid some sausage off the skewer and put it on a plate, pushing it to the point of the bar closest to the Librarian. "Never seen any of the other guild lazy bums up this early before. You new around here?"

HTCOR HTCOR

Arnold

Arnold awoke today just as he woke up on normal days: with aching bones and stiff joints. The Cuban, shining intrusively though his bedroom windows, made him uncomfortabley hot, so the old man fumbled for his ice box, cooling the room around him once he'd found it. Flushing the last dregs of sleep from his face with one more burst of cold mist, Arnold was ready as ever to face the day. Throwing on one of his fur coats, linking the scabbards of his swords with that coat, and hoisting his ice box underneath his arm, Arnold brushed past his door, ready for another day of guild work.

As he stalked the guild's halls, Arnold's thoughts shifted to the strange goblin boy he'd met yesterday. Despite all his excuses and cowardice, the old man was glad that they'd reached a deal that aloowed him to work for the guild that would help his family in return. Granted, it took the goblin firing a crossbow at him to get the message across, but Arnold supposed his liked the fire he saw in the boy. Oh, the folly of youth. He shook his head at the idea. He has good intentions, but his notions of how to go about them are too misguided. That reminds me - I need to see to his training. I must take care to guide him properly...

Arnold eventually reached his destination, the bunk room for newer recruits. Throwing open the doors without so much as a care for the people sleeping inside (to him, they should have been up, anyways,) Arnold strode into the room, followed by a breath of chilling air. Finding Su'tal's bunk, Arnold held a note to one of the posts, nailing it in with an icicle.

"Welcome to the guild, son," it read. "You took the first hard step towards rescuing your family. Now comes the harder part. Meet me in the guild hall for your training - after all, you must be stronger if you want to have any chance at saving them."

If Arnold's frosty breeze hadn't woken the goblin boy, the melting, dripping icicle over his head eventually would. With his task complete, Arnold left the room, heading down to the guild's first floor. Once he reached the main hall, the old geezer took a seat on one of the guild hall's scattered stools, far enough away from Gurak to to be offered breakfast, but close enough to the stairs so Su'tal wouldn't miss him. To pass the time, he began forming icicles, shaving them to deadly points and letting them fall harmlessly to the table.

Loony_Bin Loony_Bin (Anyone in the bunk room, too. Rise and shine.)

• The Librarian
    anime_girls_anime_flower_in_hair-294203.png

'Meat. Is that all he serves? Most likely. But still, it helps fuel this body...'

'Of course it does, Apeiron. I swear you're the worst out of all of us, with your pride.'

The woman sighed, before standing up. "Gurak, I wish I was just a new recruit. I think I've seen you a few times- looking for recipes or something. Or maybe that was the prior chef. I can never really keep track of....people." She'd admit. "But I would be Lucina, daughter of Rann." Her voice slowly shifted, a wispy tone forming within it. "And I would be Apeiron, the one within this child. Lucina has...a few memories of mine of interacting with the guild proper. Back in the glory days, not...this condition." The spirit seemed to be careful about mentioning the exacts, as the woman would begin to cut up the sausage to make it into smaller pieces.

"So, Gurak." Lucina started, trying to think of a proper question. "Why did you come here, really? I've not had the chance to talk to you, and I'd prefer to chat before Ryder comes down and-" At this point, Apeiron cut in, giving a visible shift to their body language- but the actions that Lucina started were continued on. "Before he molests my host, and lords it over everyone that she's real."

There was no love between the spirit and Ryder, it seemed. Or rather, no love on the spirits end- maybe quite a bit of love from Ryder's.

Mentioned: Gurak
    Tagging: Lotusy Lotusy

Celica
"Oh, Maria!" Celica exclaimed, somewhat startled by the knight's sudden arousal. "I'm sorry if I woke you up." The bright girl exuded a cheery tone at Maria's question of what their day entailed. "I didn't have anything in particular planned, but I wished to become acquainted with the other guildmates. I haven't exactly made much progress in making my presence known due to my. . ." She trailed off, hinting towards her foolhardy nature from the previous day. "I didn't want to become an inconvenience to you, always asking for help when it comes to food and the like," she continued. Maria was kind enough to feed the snow-like princess while she was wounded, so Celica decided that getting her own food was a start in the right direction when it came to alleviating Maria's various self-inflicted duties.

Her eyes traveled over Maria's form, a sodden expression riddling her face. It was a terrible sight, seeing the perky warrior in such a vulnerable state of being. All Celica wished to do was hug the woman and give her praise for her valiant efforts of nursing her while facing her own troubles, but something about the way Maria held herself was enough to make the girl believe that she was not in any need of such recognition. A true champion at heart, Celica knew that the woman being able to help someone in need was enough of an accolade for her. It warmed the young girl's heart to see such purity. A true blessing this glory-hungry woman was.

"If you would like, perhaps you could accompany me on my way down the steps? I have gotten used to walking on my own, but I may need the help of a stable shoulder to make my way downstairs." She reciprocated Maria's cheery visage with one of her own, linking her dainty arm with Maria's free one. "I hear that the chef, um, Mr. Gurak, is quite the cook! If we asked him kindly, I'd venture he would be more than happy to provide us with something truly divine to eat, don't you think?" Leaning her head against Maria's shoulder, the princess led her knight to the stairs, only stopping periodically to take in the daunting road before her.

With pursed lips, she placed a single foot down on the creaky steps of the guild, worried that they might break under her own weight. "I've been meaning to ask you this, Maria," she said, directing her mind away from the arduous task at hand. "Why did you come to the Order, anyway? What are your aspirations?" She paused to get some better footing on the next step, then glanced back at the chivalrous person, shaking her head. "N-Not that I mean to pry or anything! You don't need to share if you don't want to." Holding onto Maria's hand with a shaky grip, she continued her way down the steps with the help of her attendant. "I was only curious, is all."

Lotusy Lotusy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back