• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom the only hope for me is you 1x1 bree

moon_struck

give up what you love, before it does you in
AMARI MASUKO

"Dead?" Amari echoed the words her mother had spoken, but the shock left her having a hard time grasping exactly what that meant. Her mother was watching her with that look - the one that only a parent could master - the one that was both concerned and stern all wrapped up in one annoying little package. Amari shook her head absently at the thought. "It's a tragedy mother, but what does that have to do with us?" The word hissed through her teeth. It didn't make sense. Why should she worry about a death that had no apparent relation to her and her family.

"Oh Amari," Mayumi started, her shoulders heaving as she sighed. "Just be careful out there okay? Can you promise your mother that?"

For arguments sake, Amari nodded obediently. "Yes, may I be excused now? I'm gonna be late for school." The young brunette didn't wait for an answer, just spun on her heels and strutted away before her mom could get out another word. She could feel Mayumi's solemn stare burning into her back as she grabbed her small royal blue school bag from beside the front door and threw it over her left shoulder. "I'll see you later." She turned sideways just enough to throw her mom a meek smile, but it was clear the older woman was already lost among her thoughts. She was seeing her, yet somehow staring past her now. How bizarre. Without another word, she reached for the door knob, relived for the shock of the cold metal against her skin. At least that was real. The door clicked shut behind Amari with a gentle thud as she bounded down the steps.

Now in her own head, she could revisit the conversation. Her mother had informed her of a murder. A relative of an old friend from high school. Amari was sympathetic to the family, but weary of the way her own mother had reacted. It was deeply upsetting news, but her mother acted like it was personal and that was something she couldn't quite understand. Had there been others? Or was this an isolated freak incident? She was about to drive herself crazy trying to figure it out first thing in the morning. Besides, there were more pressing matters at the moment. If she didn't hurry, she was about to late to school. Again.

Amari broke into a light jog, her soft brown hair flowing behind her. She neared the school sooner than she anticipated, slowing her stride to a quick walking pace. Her cerulean color eyes flittered over the school grounds, searching for any familiar face. It was strange, wanting to talk about it but yet not knowing how - or rather who - might be able to make sense of things. Distracted, she ran a hand through her hair, brushing the bangs from her line of vision. She parted the doors of the busy school, and lost herself among the crowds as she headed for homeroom.

Bree Sarutobi
Asuma had left early to get to school that morning leaving Bree to get her brother ready for school. She heard on the news about the death of a student. They didnt release much about them since they were underage but it made her worry. She was a pretty independent girl since her parents weren't there and Asuma took them in to watch them. Bree turned off the tv as she grabbed her book bag. "come on slow poke or we're gonna be late!" she called to her brother who ran over wearing his book bag. They left the house as Bree held her brothers hand as she walked him to the preschool. "I'll pick you or Asuma will okay" she told him as they got closer. "okay Bree!" he said smiling before he saw his friends waving to him. He ran off waving to his sister before entering the school.

Bree waved at him back before starting to head to her school as well. She wondered who it was and what school they were from.

Bree was thinking about all the way to the school. She couldn't think about it now. She had to focus on her classes. She looked around for her friends but she couldn't see them. She guessed she would wait till she was in homeroom. She walked through the sea of kids as they walked. Bree walked to her homeroom class 100. She smiled sweetly at them as she went towards her own desk. The desks sat pairs next to each other. Most people were already partnered up with a couple of people who were sitting alone as well as a couple of empty tables.

She sat down not the right side third row the seat next to the wall. She pulled her chair out setting her backpack on top of the desk as she sat down. She could hear the whispered from the kids around her about the news this morning. This wasn't something she wanted to hear so early in the morning.

Kiba had went to go and sit in the table infront of Bree turning back to look at her. "hey have you seen your friend?" he asked making it clear he was talking about Amari. She knew her friend well knowing that she may be late again to class. "She should be here soon." she said. She thought it was sweet. Kiba was pretty vocal when it came to crushes but with Amari he tried to play it off and act cool.

Amari Matsuko & Sasuke Uchiha

Amari popped around the corner just a little too quick, stumbling right into the solid figure of another student. Startled, a soft sound escaped her as she slid back up on her heels, her hands coming up in a lazy defense. Simultaneously, she realized who she was staring at, feeling kinda silly for her reaction. The dark haired boy didn't even crack a smile, just looked at her with that same unimpressed look he was famous for. "Sorry Sasuke," she breathed, stance relaxing as his gaze turned into puzzlement.

"What gives?" He pressed. But Amari didn't grant him a verbal answer. She simply shook her head, moving around him to keep going. He had other plans in mind though, and she couldn't stop herself from glancing back at him as the soft sound of footsteps followed after her. They were friends, he supposed, and she was acting weird. "Can't be this worked up about almost being late." He grumbled, but didn't press the girl further. Besides, he had to get to class too.

She stopped in the doorway, homeroom class 100 was buzzing. It was alive with chatter of the news, and she tried her best to drown it out. Sasuke slid past her, motioning wordlessly for her to follow. The Uchiha's eyes caught Bree's, a hint of a smile gracing his lips as he took his seat to the left of her. He casually leaned back in seat, casting a glance in Kiba's direction. "What are you gossiping about?" Sasuke questioned, not really expecting much of an answer.

Amari was close in tow, dropping her bag from around her shoulder and letting fall beside her desk. She sat in front of Sasuke, across from Kiba. "Hi Bree, Hi Kiba." She chimed softly, plopping down into the uncomfortable school seat. Trying not to fidget was harder than it usually was. Still, she forced a smile with outward ease, trying her best to shake off the uncertainly, but it was admittedly difficult when it was the only thing everyone apparently wanted to talk about. "Got a little held up this morning, you know how it is." The school bell blared overhead, silencing the classroom for a short moment, but with no teacher in sight, it didn't last. Any other morning, she might have been thankful for the break, but not today. Today she welcomed any distraction, even if it was school.

Bree Sarutobi & Kiba Inuzuka
Kiba looked over at him raising an eyebrow. "what you haven't heard about the news that just happened?" he said a bit surprised looking at the dark hair guy. He watched as Amari came to sit down next to him. He gave a small smile at her. "Look who graces us with her presence" he said chuckling a bit. "You all haven't heard about the kid that was murdered" he said looking at them raising his eyebrow at them. "Dont worry though girls I'm here to protect you" he said smirking at them his eyes looking at Amari.

Bree shook her head. "I heard about it but I'd rather not talk about it especially in school." she said looking to her friends. Kiba heard the bell. "Looks like our nightmares begin" he said giving a small chuckle before going to turn around to look at the front of the class. He glanced over at Amari seeing she didnt seem like herself. Was she spooked by this murderer? its not like he was here it couldn't be from their school or anything.

Sadly, that wouldn't last. Their teacher came in shortly after. The look on her face, she had heard something that was heartbreaking. She barely kept her composure as she stood infront of the class. "Class I don't know how to tell you all this..." she said. Her voice came out shaky as she held back her tears. "One of your classmates...Shino Aburame..." she said before bursting out in tears. "he was murdered yesterday" she said.

Thats when the whole class erupted in talk and shouting. "What! Shino?!" Kiba said. They knew him. Sure the kid kept to himself and was a bit weird but he didnt deserve to die!

Amari met Kiba's gaze with a soft amusement. "My hero," she teased, but the brief glimpse of a playful side quickly disappeared. The teacher's presence was overwhelming, her sadness rolling off of her in waves. It was Kiba's outburst that surprised Amari most, though. Her gaze shifted and she found herself watching him with a gentle fascination. As far as she could recall, she never really saw Shino hanging out with anyone in their little group. But Kiba's passion about it was a pleasant surprise. Kiba had always seemed like a flirt around the other girls, but he had treated her differently. It wasn't a bad different, it was just something she couldn't quite put her finger on. And now, of all times, he peeked her curiosity.

Amari forced the thought away, swept by their Sensei's words. Shino was their classmate, and her mom failed to mention that one significant detail. It was Mother's reaction about the whole thing that gave Amari the sensation that this was something bigger than anyone knew. She wouldn't call herself fearful, she trusted in her own abilities, but it was fair to say, she was probably more cautious than before if nothing else. "How does this happen, Sensei?" She mused. The teacher wiped her eyes, trying to stifle the tears that still threaten to spill over. "We're not sure. We highly suggest you kids stay in pairs until we can figure out who's behind this. If you must go off on your own, it is imperative to keep your guard up. You can never be too careful."

Sasuke scoffed behind her, crossing his arms over his chest. Shino was strong, someone must have really caught the kid off guard. Or, it was someone he knew to get that close. His gaze narrowed subconsciously, "Then you have reason to believe this murderer could strike again?"

"We don't know anything of the sort, we just want you all to stay safe." The Sensei uttered. "This class is postponed until further noticed. Additional hands-on training is being offered in it's place for anyone who wants it."

Last edited:
Kiba couldn't believe this. How could something like this happen. He tried to befriend everyone even shino so hearing that he was gone...it didnt feel real. None of it did. He looked over at Amari trying to see how she was handling it. No one was close to Shino but he was their classmate.

Bree looked over at sasuke. She didnt even think about him striking again. That made her more worried for her brother. Bree started to put her stuff in her bag as people started to get up to leave in two.

Kiba looked over at them. "what are you all going to do now? take any additional training?" he asked them. "I have to go and check on my brother if they are letting us out early they might let them out early as well" she said gathering their stuff. "If you'd like youre all welcome to hang out at my place" she offered to her friends.

"looks like a party to me" he said chuckling as he looked over at Amari. "You want to come or I would keep you company?" he offered to Amari. He gave her a smile. He wanted to make sure she felt safe.

Amari nodded, "Yeah, I think we should all stick together. Safety, in numbers right?" She flashed Kiba a shy, coy little smile before turning her attention to Bree. Of course, she was worried about her little brother. Amari felt a twinge of sympathy for her friend, and while she wanted to offer some encouragement, it seemed a fruitless effort in the face of things.

Sasuke let out a soft "hmph" behind her, but he didn't argue the fact either. He rose from his seat, waiting patiently for the girls to gather their belongings. He wasn't as riled up about the situation, it seemed unlikely to him that they'd get into trouble personally. He'd never shy away from the opportunity to fight though, especially for the sake of his friends. "We'll find your brother." He offered Bree, her worry evident. Perhaps any other situation, any other way, solidarity would have worked best for him, but this time he had to go with that nagging feeling in his gut. His friends needed him.

The classroom was emptying by now, even the Sensei had gone off probably to assist elsewhere. With the room quieter, Amari was on her feet. She gave a quick, side-ways glance, making sure no one could be listening. "I think there's a lot they're not telling us." Starting towards the door, the chaotic hallway crowds started to dwindle as well. It seemed most were choosing to go, rather than stay for training. Sooner, rather than later, they were going to find themselves in an empty school building if they didn't get a move on.

Kiba felt a bit of victory seeing her give a small smile. Even if it was under horrible circumstances but he was happy to see one good thing come out of it. "Yeah youre right but dont worry girls my offer still stands to protect you. I do have the muscles to back it up" he said showing his arm to them smirking as he flexed his muscles.

Bree looked over at sasuke giving him a nod with a small smile. She hoped they'd wait to release the younger kids. Bree gathered her stuff looking to her friends who were also gathering their belongings. It was nice having her friends with her. She did have a horrible feeling in her stomach.

Bree looked to her friend. "like what?" she asked quietly to the group. She couldn't think of what they wouldn't be telling them. I mean one of their classmates was dead. "Are you going to go all detective on us" Kiba had asked her eyeing her raising his eyebrow curiously at her.

"Well just think about it for a seond," Amari started. "None of it really makes sense. I mean why Shino? It's not as though he was the type to get into trouble, let alone have enemies." Her steady gaze flickered from Bree to Kiba. His comment took her aback for a moment, but it quickly faded from her expression. Detective? Not bad Kiba, not bad. Her eyes lit up, a small smirk drawing at the corners of her mouth as she said, "You know Kiba, that's actually not a bad idea."

Sasuke let out a short sigh, uncertainty twinging on his tone. "You can't be serious, besides you're only gonna get in the way." He crossed his arms over his chest. "We're supposed to stick together, and checking on Bree's brother comes first."

Admittedly, Sasuke was probably right. And Amari did want to be there for Bree, but what if this was their only opportunity to really know what happened? There could be clues, and if they waited too long, the risk of finding anything at all became more and more inevitable. "Well of course, absolutely. You should definitely stay with Bree. I just -" Amari shrugged absently, averting her gaze. She could hear the arguments before even voicing her opinion. "I just wanna have a little peek. If I don't find anything, nothing lost right?"

Kiba looked at her as she told them what she had thought. It was a bit odd that they would kill shino. He didnt have any enemies, stayed to himself. Or was there something they didnt know about Shino. When he saw the small smirk on Amari's lips he knew he should have kept his mouth shit.

Bree eyes shifted from sasuke to Amari. She had to agree that they should stick together and check on her brother.

"Amari I was just kidding" Kiba tried to say before she tried to get another word out. This could be dangerous. "But what if you find something you shouldn't" Bree had told her friend. Kiba looked at sasuke and Bree before looking over to Amari. "why dont you both go and check on your brother I'll stay with Amari so we can check out where the crime scene is" he told them. At least it might put some ease to everyones mind if he stays with her.

Amari felt a twinge of guilt dragging Kiba along with her, but beneath it all, she was grateful to have his company. Especially if Bree turned out to be correct, and they did indeed stumble upon something she wasn't quite ready for. It was doubtful in her mind, but now wasn't the time to get careless. "Are you sure Kiba? You really don't have too. Even I know this isn't smartest idea I've had." She knew though, call it a whim or a lucky guess, but she knew that he wouldn't let her brave it alone.

"Whatever," Sasuke muttered, but gave in with a small nod. "Any sign of trouble and you two better back out of there. Bree and I don't want to have to come save your asses." He turned toward Bree, patiently musing. "Anyway, ready when you are."

Amari rolled her eyes at Sasuke's passive remarks aimed at her and Kiba, but didn't dare push her luck. "You guys be careful too. We'll meet up as soon we're finished. Promise." She added softly, taking Kiba by the arm in a gentle yet firm grasp as she towed him from classroom. "Let's go before someone sees." Amari let go of Kiba as they hit the hallway, heading towards the direction of the exit.

"of course im sure" he had told her. He wasnt going to let her go alone. "I mean what kind of friend would I be if I let you go alone" he told her with a smile. He hoped they would be wrong thought. If it was something bigger then they intended...they could be in serious trouble.

Bree nodded at sasuke's comment. "we dont want anything happening to you all so please be careful." she said. She looked towards sasuke giving him a nod. "lets head out" she said.

Kiba was a bit surprised ny her grabbing his arm and pulling him out. He gave a quick wave before going to follow after her. He nodded going to follow her. The news told him a bit about where the body was discovered but he wasnt sure if they cleared it, if there would be anyone watching the crime scene. There were many factors.

"what are we going to do if we do find something? they could think we had something to do with it" he said. his mind was getting the best of him but it can happen.

Bree grabbed her stuff going to walk with sasuke to her brothers school. "Thank you for coming with me to check on my brother." she said. She worried they dismissed the kids but her brother was smart and listened to her about staying there till he gets picked up by someone he knew.

"Well, I guess we best not get caught then." Amari gave a small shrug. She didn't exactly have an answer, but if it came to it, she'd take the blame. There was no way she could let Kiba get in trouble for her curious nature. "I'm more worried about someone else being there who shouldn't." If she remembered correctly, her mom had mentioned the alleyway roughly two blocks from Shino's home. That was where they found him. She had never seen a crime scene before, well with the exception of television and books, but in person she had no idea what to expect.

As they walked, Amari found the quiet less than comforting. It allowed her mind to wonder, and for brief second she thought about telling Kiba never mind. They were kids, what could she possibly hope to accomplish. It was a momentary lapse though, for the bright yellow caution tape caught her attention up ahead. It was hung in a crisscrossed pattern, but it was something they could easily duck beneath without disturbing. "Kiba look," She breathed, "It's just up ahead there." Subconsciously, her gaze flickered around. Amari wasn't sure what she was looking for, but she was just relieved that she didn't find it. "Are you sure you're up for this?" She asked him softly. Once they crossed the threshold, there was no going back.

-

"You don't have to thank me," Sasuke told Bree, a ghost of a smile gracing his lips. He could sense her worry though, and for some reason it bothered him. If he'd been better with words, perhaps he could have voiced his compassion in a not so blunt way, but it came to him with difficulty. Instead he muttered, "He's a smart kid, takes after his big sister. I wouldn't sweat it."

Sasuke kept pace with Bree, alert, but wearing an outward aura of ease. The schools for the upper and lower classman weren't too terribly far apart, but it was a bit unusual how empty the streets were. On a normal day, they'd be flooded with the foot traffic from both schools. Today, though, there was hardly a soul around aside from Bree and himself. "The sooner we get all get back to your house, the better."

Kiba had a small smile creep across his face at her comment. So blunt but he enjoyed it. "I think that would make them a terrible killer if they go back to where they committed a murder" he said trying to lighten the mood a bit. Though they were going to go a murder scene. There was nothing light about it.

Kiba kept thinking about what it could possibly be. Why? It didnt make sense. Amari's voice broke Kiba from his thoughts. His eyes went from her to seeing the yellow table covering the crime scene but not very well in his opinion.

"I'm up for anything" he told her as they went over to the crime scene. He looked around before going under the tape. "Come on lets go" he said trying to be as quick as he couldn't shake the feeling of something bad happening. He waited for Amari to follow him as they looked around. there was blood stains on the ground. He went to go and look around.

~

Bree looked over at him seeing that small smile on him. His nice words took her a bit by surprise having a small blush creep on her cheeks. "thanks" she said quietly.

She was thankful for Sasuke being here with her and that they were close by the lower school. As they got closer Bree saw a women crouching down talking to her brother. "Hey!" Bree said dropping her bag running over to them before realizing who it was. The women stood up. "hey honey..." she said looking at her. "its...been a while" the women said again looking from her to her eyes shifting to the guy next to her.

Amari followed Kiba beneath the tape, casting a glance over her shoulder before letting the tape fall back in its place. It was a bit darker in the alleyway, but when her eyes finally adjusted to the glum she saw the blood splatters that decorated the concrete walls. Admittedly, it made her stomach twist in knots, a creeping feeling of unease wrapping her like a blanket. Amari felt lightheaded for a split second, crouching on a clean patch of the macadam to steady herself. "Oh, poor Shino." She breathed.

Her eyes fluttered shut briefly and when she reopened the, the dizziness had passed. The ground level offered a new view of the scene, and she took a moment to really observe and take in her surroundings. At first, she honestly saw nothing of mention. She found herself watching Kiba look around instead. He was near the couple of garbage cans lined up on the right side of the wall and that's when she saw it. The dirty white square of paper stuck partially under the first garbage can. "Hey Kiba, what is that?"

Amari was on her feet in the next instant, hurrying over to Kiba in a few quick strides. She stopped beside him momentarily, meeting his gaze for a brief instance before leaning down and dislodging the object. It appeared to be regular paper from the distance, but once in her hand she could immediately tell it was a glossier stock most likely used for photos. She carefully unfolded it, holding it in front of her for both of them to see. Amari let out an audible gasp as she realized what it was that she was holding. It was their class phone. NO. It was her mother's class photo, smiling cheekily with the rest of the kids. She was surprised how much of a resemblance there was. Upon closer inspection though, there were red markings over some of the faces. "What is this?" Subconsciously she leaned into Kiba, suddenly feeling very exposed in the small alleyway.

-

"Bree -" Sasuke tensed as she surged forward, but relaxed upon hearing the older women speak. They had to be related, based on looks alone, but honey was also a dead giveaway. He grabbed her dropped bag from the pavement and followed behind her. Sasuke stayed just behind Bree, but hung on her side, meeting her mother's gaze with his own unwavering stare. "Is there a problem here?" He questioned, looking now from Bree to her brother. The younger Sarutobi sibling didn't seem as bothered, but he couldn't quite be sure how Bree was feeling.

That had to be her mother, but Sasuke couldn't ever really recall Bree talking much about her. "Everything okay here?" Sasuke spoke now to Bree only, turning just enough to look at her.

Kiba eyed her as she was followed after him. He took a quick glance making sure that no one was around to see them coming towards the crime scene. Kiba had looked everywhere else besides where shinos blood splatter was. Seeing it made it come to reality…that shino was gone…that someone had taken his life.

He saw as Amari had crouched down to steady herself. He went over gently putting his hand on her back. He didnt know what to say but it was understandable to anyone to feel uneasy seeing this. If he wasnt trying to stay strong for Amari he would have been the exact same as her at this moment.

He had decided that he should look around so at least Amari could center herself alone. He wasnt going to be much help to her at this moment. He ooked around seeing if there were any clues but it looked like the cops had already taken everything they found. He stood near some trashcans wondering what would they even be looking for before he heard Amari call out to him.

He watched as she dislodged a small looking paper from under the trashcans. He went over to stand closer to her peering over to see the picture. “Hey that’s my mom” he said going to point her out making sure not to touch the image.

Thats when they heard a man yelling out to them. “Hey what are you kids doing?!” He yelled to them. Kiba glanced pushing Amari behind him protectively. The man was wearing a face mask covering the lower part of his face. He had piercing hazel eyes that settled on them. He was wearing a black shirt with a black hoodie with the hood over his head. He had black gloves on but a small portion of a tattoo was on his arm was shown. “You all came in at the wrong time” he said stepping over the yellow tape his hand reaching into his pocket. That’s when he pulled out a small pocket knife exposing the blade. Thats when he went to lunge at them. Kiba grabbed the guys arm before he could hurt them pushing him into the trash cans. “RUN!” He yelled to Amari as she took off running as he went following after her. That didnt slow down the guy. He quickly got up going to follow after them.

~

Bree was shocked to see her mother here. She had no right to be here! Her brother looked pretty lost but seeing Bree’s expression he moved over to her side. “There’s no problem” the mother said looking to her kids. “I came to check on you both…” she said.

Bree went over to her brother opening his bag searching inside. “I didnt leave anything this time” she said quietly as she watched her daughter search her bag. Bree looked at her closing her brothers bag. “For now…what do you want Misumi” she asked her.

“…I came to make sure you all weren’t hurt…is that your boyfriend?” She said trying to make small talk. “We’re fine no thanks to you” she told her looking to her brother. “Look honey…we need to talk…you me…your friend Amari…her mom” she said. “There’s some stuff you all need to know”

"My mom's here too.. and that's Bree mom's beside her." Amari mused aloud. The two looked undeniably cozy next to each other, and for a moment she found herself wondering if there was more to their friendship than taken at face value. For all she knew, her mother Mayumi, hadn't had contact with her old friend in years. Looking at this photo though, they were definitely more than just acquaintances. "I wanna get a of picture this, I'm not really sure we should passing around this photo, you know?" She said allowed, shifting to dig her phone out of her back pocket. She balanced the photo in her left hand, using the right to handle her photo and snap a quick shot. Amari stashed her phone away, startled a few moments later when an unfamiliar voice interrupted them.

Amari let out an audible gasp as she saw the man, taking an unconscious step back as Kiba moved protectively in front of her. The glint of the blade caught her eye, but things were happening too fast. Kiba was already on the defense, sending the masked attacker tumbling into the garbage cans. Her feet carried her, following his orders to run without a word. She reached the caution tape in a few quick strides, holding up the tape as she turned to make sure Kiba was behind her. "Hurry, Kiba he's getting up!" Panic rose in her voice, but she forced herself to stand her ground until he was beside her. As they scrambled beneath the police line she, tried desperately to hang on to the photo. But it slipped from her clammy grasp, and fluttered back into the alleyway. She hesitated for a brief moment, but decided against going back for it, hurrying to keep pace with Kiba instead. They sprinted down the block, leaving the alley and their attacker behind.

"Amari?" She heard the familiar voice, slowing her pace as mother crossed the pavement from the other side of the street to reach them. It was obvious to her that the kids were in distress, and Mayumi went to full parent mood in the matter of a second. "What's wrong? Are you both alright? Are you and your little boyfriend hurt? What happened?" Amari's face went flush, a rosy pink hue burning against her cheeks, completely embarrassed by her mother's coddling. She threw a glance over her shoulder, but no one seemed to be pursing them. Just keep it cool. She thought, trying to steady her breathing and calm her nerves. They were safe now.

"We're fine, mom. Kiba and I were just-"

"Just nothing. I thought you'd be with Bree since you didn't come home. Why don't you kids come with me? We need to have a little chat with Bree and her mom. They should be expecting us."

-

Boyfriend? Sasuke sheepishly averted his eyes. He tried to focus on the more pressing matters at the moment, like what could possibly be so important. And what was it exactly that involved Amari and her mom. He was still unsure about the whole situation, trying to gauge Bree's reaction to her mother's words. If she didn't want to go along with her mother's wishes or even she did, Sasuke was prepared to back her up either way.

"What's so important you can't tell us now?" Sasuke pressed, finding his composure again. He was able to look Mitsumi in the eye this time, his own stare unwavering. "How would Amari and her mom even know you're looking for them?"

Kiba ran over to the tape. His heart was racing. He just went on defense. His concern was Amari. And it looked like they had stumbled on something he needed to get. He ran hearing her calling for him. He went next to her putting his hand behind her back to start running. He saw the photo fly by them as they ran but they couldn't go back for it. It was too risky. Their attacker ran after the kids before noticing the picture they were holding flying by them and landing on the ground infront of him. They were lucky this time. He went grabbing it shoving it deep in his pocket. He had to go. He needed to chimed his next target.

~

Kiba looked around making sure this crazy man wasn't following them. Thats when Kiba heard a women's voice calling out to Amari. He looked to see who he guessed was Amari's mother. They really did look so similar it wasnt hard to tell that was her mom. Thats when he noticed her mom going parent mode. He knew it well since his own mother would have been the same. It did catch him a bit off guard when she had said that he was her boyfriend. He felt his cheeks blush the finest hint of pink.

Kiba raised an eyebrow looking at her words. They were expecting them? For as long as he knew Bree she never talked about a mother. He assumed she was dead and she didnt want to talk about her. This just made him think about that photo. Amari pointed out her mother and a women who looked like Bree. They were friends but what did this have to do with anything? Did they know more then what they lead on about the murder.

~

"...I reached out to her. She wasn't hard to find. Once I got word about that murder...it was our worst fear..." she said looking at sasuke before turning her attention to her daughter. "You have to trust me...I know I dont deserve your trust but you need to listen to me this once." she told her.

Bree felt like she wanted to cry but she had to stay strong. She couldn't cry in front of sasuke or her brother. She gave her mother so many chances...so much trust. Why should she do it now. "I only trust my friends and my adoptive father..." she said. Bree dug into her pocket to grab her phone to call Amari. She hoped two things, her friends were safe, and that her mother was just lying again to them. Then she wouldn't have to see her.

"If you kids would just have an open mind. I know how this must look." For as gentle as Mayumi's tone came out, her gaze betrayed an impatience. Her daughter certainly got her stubbornness from her father, and it was a trait that she could have done with out. She could tell, even before her child had time to argue that the situation wasn't sitting well.

"What aren't you telling me?" Amari snapped, it was all so
strange. She opened her mouth to say something else, but the chime of her cellphone cut off any words that she may have breathed. Bree's name flashed on the screen and a twist immediately balled up in her stomach. "Bree!" She answered the phone, nearly sounding out of breath. Amari turned toward Kiba as she held the cellphone gingerly to her ear. "Bree.. what's going on? Kiba and I are safe... but we don't understand what's happening. My mom just said you were expecting us?"

"Hang up the phone Amari.. let's just have this conversation in person with Bree and Misumi." Her mother's tone was curt and it made her visibly flinch, but Amari tried her best to tune it out. Instead she turned on her heels, waving her mom away. She did however, begin to walk, without a doubt towards her friends house. One way or another, she was going to find out the answers they needed.

Amari reached for Kiba effortlessly, taking him by the hand and leading him as she walked. Her mother took up the rear, all the better in her opinion. She didn't think she could take another lie or misinterpretation from the woman. Thankfully, they didn't have too far go and her eagerness reflected in her pace. Admittedly, Amari was feeling uneasy about what they would uncover, but it was time to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back