• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Online 'friends'.

As Desiree was making herself some breakfast, she looked over at her laptop which was lounging on the couch. She slowly walked over to it and started to set it up. She signed into her account on the dating website and decided to send a message to Alex since she had s couple of minutes to spare before she had to head to work.

Morning! (^U^)

Alex looked to his laptop. Desiree sent him a message. He went over to it. He tapped his fingers against the keyboard. But he didn't type anything yet. What should he type? He decided to go with something simple.

Morning.

Desiree left her laptop open whilst she continued to prepare breakfast and some coffee. She brought her breakfast into the living room just when she received a new notification. She settled down on the couch and started to type out a reply.

How are you?

She sipped on her coffee whilst she waited for him to send a message back.

Good, you? He typed before clicking send. He got up. He walked into his bedroom and got changed into something decent...Which was easy to do as, well, he was wearing nothing but boxers.

He came back into the living room and propped himself infront of the laptop.

I'm good thanks, I missed talking to you. She found herself blushing, on both of her cheeks. She smiled brightly - it was true, she did miss talking to him. She glanced at the clock - she had fourty minutues left until her shift started.

Really? Thats a new one. Alex replied. He found himself regretting it, But he'd already clicked send. He braced himself for whatever response he would get for something that sounded somewhat rude.

Yup ( :D ) She began typing out her reply. She then checked the time, and she had ten minutes to get to work. I gotta go... I'll talk to you later! Have a nice day! (<3) With no time to spare, she closed the laptop without reading his next response and grabbed her jacket and slipped on some shoes. She rushed out of the house and headed to the grocery store.

Have fun. He wrote before getting up, he pressed the send button as his phone rang. He walked over to it and picked it, it was one of his friends. He raised it up to his ear when he answered. Then he answered it. "A little earlier to drinking." He said before shrugging. "But I got nothin to do.''

Desiree headed back to her apartment. She wandered into the elevator and pressed her floor number. Walking along the corridor, after exiting the elevator she fumbled for her keys and opened the door. She shut it behind her and then leaned against it for a couple of seconds, slumping to the floor. She kicked of her shoes and got up from the floor, and then had a brisk shower and changed into some lounge clothes.

Hey, I'm back from work! She sent a message to Alex after setting up her laptop.

Alex didn't respond to that message for a few hours. He was out, doing rather stupid things with his inheritance. After getting a Taxi home he stumbled into the house. He took his shoes off, which were completely soaked from a puddle he'd fallen in. He tossed them towards his shoe stand, and missed completely.

He stumbled over to his couch, fell onto it, then looked to his laptop.

im bak now eswell. He typed, his spelling go down the toilet. He sent the message.

Desiree raised an eyebrow at his response, but didn't comment about his bad spelling. What did you do today? She typed out of curiosity. She stood up to make herself some coffee, in the meantime.

I wnt out nd had a few drnks. Alex typed, he clicked send message before getting up and heading into the kitchen. He wondered why he'd gone in there in the first place...

Oh... Well, I hope you had fun. Was all that Desiree sent back. She was never huge on drinking, and only ever drunk when it was a special occasion. She decided that she should probably leave their conversation for the day, since he was probably too drunk to have a conversation with her. She closed her laptop and then made a start on dinner.

I did Alex sent. He closed his laptop afterwards and laid down on the couch. He stared up at his ceiling...Then his eyes went wider than usual. "I.Do.Not.Need.To.Puke..." He told himself. He thought that was true for a few moments. Then the mess came.

He got up, covered in chunks. Feeling like an idiot he shuffled towards his bathroom.

After making dinner, Desiree padded bare foot towards her small bathroom. Afterwards, she had a warm shower and then started to dig through her closet for some sleep clothes. She picked out a turquoise top and a pair of navy blue pajama bottoms. Brushing through her hair, she pulled it into a ponytail and then started to head towards her laptop.

Have a good night. (<3) Was the last message she sent to Alex for the day.

Alex, laying on the bathroom floor, had nearly passed out. He recalled why he avoided drinking. Stupid cliche crap like this happened. Why couldn't he ever wake up in the north pole or something like that? Something original instead of just waking up on the floor with a bad headache and an empty wallet.

He didn't reply that night.

A couple of days, turned into a whole entire week. She'd spoken to Alex everyday since she signed up for the dating website. She really liked him, but it was really hard to know if he returned the feelings back... Or was even interested in her at all.

She woke up one morning, and it was her day off, once again. She slept in like she usually did and woke up eventually. She wandered into her living room and the first thing she did was turn on her laptop.

Morning ( :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex was sitting on his couch. He'd been playing 'The Witcher 3' for several hours when he'd heard a 'boop' noise from his computer, indicating that he'd received a message.

Taking the cup of tea from his coffee table and raising the brim of the glass to his lips he found that Desiree had sent him a message. He lowered the cup, savoring the flavor of the drink for a few moments before typing.

Good morning.

Desiree was in the kitchen, pouring herself some coffee so that she would be more awake when she heard that she had a new notification. She exited her tiny kitchen and then crawled onto the comfy sofa, sipping on her coffee as she typed out a reply.

How's your morning going?

Alex sipped at his beverage again. He had a fondness for Chocolate Hazelnut tea with two spoons of sugar and a few drops of milk. He stirred the drink around slightly before noticing the message.

Good, got myself some tea and game time going, yours?

-Time Skip-

Desiree looked around the large crowd of people who were wandering around the airport for Alex. She suddenly began to feel nervous, a lot more nervous than she was when she was in the airplane all the way to Canada. What if he didn't show up? What if he didn't like her? Was he a different person in real life to what he was in the Internet? She shook her head, pushing the thoughts away. She worried way too much, that was the problem.

The outfit she was currently wearing was a light pink sweater, a pair of cream colored jeans and some boots. She was wearing her rain jacket, and had a scarf wrapped around her neck. Her hair was pulled in a simple half up, half down style. She continued to look around.

Alex was standing near the entrance to the airport. He had a goatee going now, he was dressed in a black trench coat, cargo pants, and boots. He almost thought he looked like a gunman...Which is why he didn't go inside the airport. He wondered where Desiree was. She had come right? She wasn't one of those internet trolls who'd gone 'way' to far. He'd be pretty fucking pissed off if that was the case.

He said and pressed the back of his head against the cold wall behind him. Last time he'd checked he had pretty good karma. He hoped that play into his favor...Even though he didn't believe in it.

Desiree almost felt like giving up, but she knew she couldn't. She traveled all that way to see him. Her feet padded against the smooth flooring, and she was tugging her suitcase along with her. She stood around, and her eyes scanned the hundreds of people. Then her eyes rested on a guy who was leaning against a wall. Who looked s lot like Alex. Maybe because it was Alex. She felt her lips tug into a large smile and she started to rush over to him.

When she reached him she let go of her suitcase and wrapped her arms around him. "Alex! It's really you!" She said, and she could feel tears of happiness forming in her eyes - though she tried to quickly blink them away, in embarrassment.

Alex returned the hug the moment he'd received it. He padded her on the back, a grin on his face. "Really, I'm Alex? When did that happen? I always thought I was smitty werbenjagermanjensen." He said to her, a stupid joke. But a joke still.

Desiree pulled away and then giggled softly, her giggle sounded like gentle bells. She moved to grab her suitcase, and with her other hand she placed it in his, squeezing hjs hand carefully. Her whole face had brightened up, and she couldn't stop smiling.

"So, what're we doing today?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back