• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the one that got away - [one x one]

cheri

uh
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"in another life, i would make you stay... so i don't have to say you were, the one that got away."

Thrushwing Thrushwing as ---

cheri cheri as ------

roleplay type: one x one, fxm

basic plot: tba

tws: violence, gangs, drugs, mature themes overall

genres: romance, modern

52fe8f0e5022e2b64ed0f1181dcedb5b.jpg
name: Brooklyn Kidd
current residence: townhouse.
relationship status: single

important appearance details: none yet

personality: not quite snappy and quick-witted, more like, quiet and reserved. she's fast-paced though and tends to do a lot of things on her own. overall is pretty friendly but can come off as kind of bitchy at first, exuding the whole "talented but a jerk" vibe until she's more comfortable around someone. as calm as she can under pressure, Brooklyn is just kind of always freaking out internally. the type to suffer in silence and focus on someone else rather than herself.

ef13f2ac4e3f88d720fb9e677ff1e38d.jpg
her love for helping others mainly came because she was spending a lot of time around hospitals. the only thing that really made her stop from becoming a surgeon was the fact that she wouldn't be able to handle knowing someone and then losing them. [photo on right, 18 years old]

lives alone, doesn't seem like the type to go out drinking every night but it's not hard to catch her in a bar after a tough day at work.

actual name: Maverick Collins
Nickname: Maves, Avery
personality: At first glance Maverick seems lazy and uninspired to do anything and he needs to be nagged or guilted into doing things. He actually has a hard time finding reasons to do anything with his life beyond the necessities. He's always said he's a doer not a thinker. He doesn't consider himself smart although if you give him a problem he'd probably find a practical solution to it. His hands have always been deft and that's allowed him to get into all sorts of uninvited places.
looks

19 years of age:
156092644991678563.jpg

26 years of age:
alex-prange-2.jpg
156092644991678563 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Maverick sat outside in a 2000's purple suzuki. The brown leather seats were faded from the sun. "Funds are low Avery. We need funding. Find me something that has dirt on someone. You know the drill." Lucas said in a lowered voice. Maverick felt something in his stomach turn. He couldn't say no. The last time he did he got even worse jobs for a month and to top it off somehow he had gotten evicted. For some unknown reason. No doubt someone had offered his landlord more money, or perhaps they just threatened him, but it was sleeping on benches, picking the locks on the hotel doors hoping he could find a place to stay. While a little rainwater didn't hurt, it didn't contribute to helping him get some good shut eye. "Alright. I'll go in, go out. I'll get you the files." Lucas rubbed his face. "You made the choice when you wanted in on the gang." Maverick bit back a response It was that or dying on the street Even the thought of what happened angered him. Wanted for a crime I didn't commit he thought. Maverick walked out then turned around and tossed his keys to Lucas. "Try not to run away without me. Don't even think of stealing that car." Lucas smiled and there was still the gap in his teeth since Maverick had known him. "I wouldn't dream of it."

Maverick went quietly to the tall fence surrounding the house and climbed over it. He saw a ledge on the upper floor of the house that had been carelessly left open, or maybe someone thought no one could get up there and that it was safe to let the evening draft in. They thought wrong .. obviously. He took a few steps back then ran up the wall a few paces before grabbing the lower roof and pulling himself up. When he was on the roof he made his way towards the ledge and quietly went inside. There wasn't anything that would suggest a person was upstairs. He walked to where the map said the safe was. The room was all dark. Thankfully he came prepared. He pulled out a headlamp and began to get to work. The safe was stubborn and it took a few tries, some curse words and more coaxing until. Done! he thought as the safe opened with a tiny pop. He had been so focused in his work, that when he heard the sound of footsteps stop in the room he was working in he let out a breathy laugh. "Don't scare me Lucas. I just finished unlocking it. Give me a break before we sort through the papers."

Last edited:
Brooklyn was at home on her own for now, parents deciding that date night was in order. That left the house to the eighteen-year-old, who was just finishing the final year of high school before she was off to college. The night was young, there were movies playing on her computer, the sound echoes in her ears through her headphones. It was an old movie that she found online somewhere. It was some a really sketchy website as well but that was part of the fun. Other than that, Brooklyn hardly did anything out of line. There were a few detention slips here and there but other than that, absolutely nothing that would make her stand out amongst the rest. A sigh escaped her lips as the credits started to roll for the movie, she unhooked her earbuds, frowning at the sight of an empty popcorn bowl. Heading downstairs, she grabbed the bag of popcorn, basically dumping the rest into the cheap plastic thing her mother had bought. It was an off-white colour and most definitely not meant to be used for a single serving but that law was broken by everyone.

Headed back up the steps to inside, Brooklyn passed by an open door that was leading to the office. That's where her father worked. He kind of always kept the window open too, saying it was always stuffy or too hot. Her mother didn't really mind, at least under the impression that someone wasn't going to break into their house. Paying more attention than normal, Brooklyn spotted a light coming from inside the room. Peaking through the crack in the door, her eyes widened to see that someone was in her house, trying to crack the safe. Biting on her tongue to stop herself from spilling out any word vomit, she realized that he didn't know who she was calling. Instead, he addressed her as someone named "Lucas."

"Uh... my name isn't Lucus," she stopped there, trying to figure out what else to say. Why wasn't she just running away or calling the cops? "What are you doing..?" Brooklyn asked, already knowing but hoping that she got it wrong.

At the sound of a young woman's voice he froze. "Shit" he mumbled under his breath. His heart rate started to pick up and his palms became moist. "shit shit shit" He knew that he was here, caught, in the presence of a witness. Lucas would call him a dumbass, a motherfucking idiot.. a- Lucas wouldn't bail him out of jail. The realization hit him as his grey eyes widened slightly. He wouldn't even give Maverick the time of day in jail, and neither would anyone else from their group. It was a unspoken rule that if you were stupid enough to get caught, you were left to rot and they prayed that someone would shoot you before you managed to get locked up. No one in their gang wanted to risk their own neck or the group's safety for the sake of one person. And even if they had the reputation, manpower, and the balls to try to bail someone out of jail where would they get the money?

That's why we're in this fucking mess in the first place - money he thought. He had two choices and he knew which one he had to choose, for his safety, and for the group. His hands trembled as he reached for the gun. "Don't move." he whispered quietly, praying to a god that the girl would listen. He pulled out the gun and cocked it, and his expression look terrified. As if he were a little boy already seeing the beautiful creature bleeding out to death in front of him. "Goddamn it!" he whispered and the gun fell from hand. He lifted both his hands in the air. "I give up." Maverick gave up, he didn't want to fight, he didn't want to die or be stuck in a jail cell forever, but so help him he was not going to have someone else's blood on his hands.

Last edited:
Brooklyn easily flinched as he brought the gun up, the bowl of popcorn dropping from her hands as they raised in defence. A sharp breath in, her eyes clenched shut as silent prayers left her lips. This was not how she wanted to die, this- was not apart of the plan. Her body was shaking as her breathing grew uneven, waiting for him to do something. Something. Something. He'd cursed and he'd told her not to move, Brooklyn was following along with that... Right? Biting on the inside of her cheek as tears started to cloud in her eyes, thank god they were already closed or else she wouldn't be able to see anything clearly. Swallowing nervously, words wouldn't form as everything got caught in her throat. There were so many things she still wanted to do, so many people she still needed to talk to... So many regrets-- The clang of the gun hitting the ground hit rang in her ears, echoing down the empty halls.

Opening her eyes carefully, stuttering, "Wh.. what..." coughing a little to clear her throat, in between hasty breaths, "Please don't kill me." Brooklyn wasn't often someone who would beg for their life but holy shit, she was terrified of the man in front of her. Mainly the gun that was in his grasp, now just lying on the floor. Her hands dropped, one coming up to her face to wipe away the tears, "I won't tell anyone," she quickly followed up, "I- I promise!" Ooh, a stutter... Now she was nervous. As calm and cool as Brooklyn could be, that would all leave once there was a gun to her head. Watching him carefully, he seemed distressed, now with his hands up in the air. Brooklyn made no move to take the gun, only stared at the ground, eyes honing in on the fallen bowl. "Do... you... uh... want something to eat or drink?" Why was she even asking? Maybe it was the kindness in her or the fact that he hadn't shot her, and was offering himself up.

"I'm not going to kill you." he looked down and muttered something else under his breath. "Um.. I- maybe a drink? My friend is probably waiting outside.. and if he knows that you know..." he let his voice trail off. The message was clear. If anyone else knew about it they wouldn't hesitate, they would do it to protect him, and themselves. He cautiously picked the gun up off the floor and put it in it's holster. "Sorry about that. I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone." He quietly folded up the papers in the safe and put some of them in the hidden pocket of his jacket. Hopefully it was enough information. "What are you doing here alone at night anyways? Or is that a stupid question? Do rich people not have to worry about someone killing them in the middle of the night?" he sounded genuinely curious, as the luxury of leaving anything unlocked was foreign to him.

Not able to hear what else was said, she was thankful enough that he wasn't going to kill her. It didn't stop her from jumping as he bent over to grab the gun, Brooklyn's eyes very much still wide with fear. Shaking her head as she cleared her throat, watching him put some papers away, she grabbed the fallen bowl off of the ground, "Um... No problem?" confused if that was acceptable to say or not, the thought was pushed aside as she brought herself to stand again, "I'll... Take care of this later," before her parents come home at least. Pushing a hand through her hair, "I'm not going to tell anyone, it's, yeah, I'm not going to tell anyone." This was not an experience she necessarily wanted to remember either. Going downstairs, remembering that he actually accepted her offer of a drink, Brooklyn stepped into the kitchen, unsure if leaving him upstairs alone was the best idea, or if he was going to follow her. Taking a second to calm the fuck down, Brooklyn grabbed a cup from the overhanging cabinet by the sink, moving to the tap to fill it with water.

He walked down the stairs, his hands still shaking. He had come close to killing someone. He looked along the walls. Beautiful pictures with gilded framed were placed in several locations along the kitchen. Various bookshelves lined the walls covered in books. Some of the books looked to be originals. Maverick's eyes went wide as he waited for her to fill up a cup. "You really don't get to see much when you're looking in through the darkened windows. He approached the bookshelf and opened it. "Don't tell me-" he let out an incredulous laugh. Something, anything to ease the tension in the room. He reached up and pulled a blue book from the shelf. "You have the Great Gatsby? And the original no less, in good condition." The book looked worn, but Maverick held it up and grinned. "This is an awesome book. Number one favorite book of all time. I loved that time in English class I spent reading this thing." His enthusiasm for the book was coming off in waves and he flipped to the page. "See the thing is Gatsby is the kind of guy I knew I would always like" he smiled as he flipped through to the introduction of Gatsby.

The water was sitting on the island, disregarded as she raced into the living room to see what he was so caught up about. Confused for a second as her eyes landed on what it was he was staring at, The Great Gatsby. It was a copy her mother insisted she read at some point. A tiny smile came onto her face, realizing that he was not actually that bad of a person. Granted, he did spare her but the fear that he was going to hurt her again? It started to disappear as he flipped through the pages with a grin on his face. Brooklyn nodded, leaning against the pillar that connected the walls, "Yeah, my mom bought it a couple of years ago when I had to do a novel study on it," she explained, "It's a good book." Of course, she was agreeing with him about it. Was it her all-time favourite? No, but it was certainly up there with the rest of the books she had. Coming to join him at the shelf, she peered at the spines, "I've read all of them, at least once. Some of them I've read twice, my favourites? I read those all the time." Brooklyn's family was easily able to fund her addiction to fictional scenarios, considering it aided in getting her decent grades and kept her out of trouble. "Hey," she then turned to him, "What's your name?"

When he saw her approach him the feeling of unease that had been in his stomach started to unwind. Replaced with... Replaced with what? He didn't know. Only that it was a warm feeling. Her eyes seemed warm, and she seemed kind. The guys in his group were nice and all, in a brotherly sort of way, but not like this. And the girls.. well they were like the boys. He couldn't imagine actually having a girl to hold on to. He turned back his attention to the book. "It's crazy... all the stuff Gatsby does for a woman. I can't imagine loving someone that much that you'd do anything in your power to get them back. And then she screws him over." His long lashes covered his eyes, obscuring his emotions as he murmured, "Kind of like real life huh?"

At her question he swallowed hard. He wanted to trust her, he did, but what if this landed him somewhere he would never get out. Screw it. He messed up the moment he got caught. Or was it the moment when he took out the gun? Or maybe it was right now.. when he pulled out the Great Gatsby and he had an honest conversation for the first time in a long time.

"It- My name is Maves. Short for Maverick." No one called him his full name unless it was official papers or his mom, god rest her soul, but for some weird reason he felt like he could trust her with both names. He wanted someone, even if she was a relative, albeit beautiful stranger to know who he was.

He looked in awe towards the rest of the books. He had never really seen this many books in real life, besides when he went to the library, and the group always thought books were stupid. The small group was the closest thing he had to friends and if they found out about him liking reading? They'd never let him live it down. Besides that and the library was run down and getting there was like asking to be put in a shady situation.

"I always wanted to have a lot of books." he said aloud and then he looked down sheepishly before clearing his throat. "What's your favorite books?" He didn't know why he asked, only that he was curious as to what hers were. Maybe he could smooth this over by saving up and buying her one of her favorites.. if she didn't have it already. She probably did. For once he found himself cursing the rich for a different reason than the usual they had more money than him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back