• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Lucy Sullivan
tumblr_orhfrke1lQ1ukc16yo1_500.png

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy had polished off her glass of wine before James began to speak again. Just as he seemed to be getting to the point, he paused mid sentence, looking quite nervous. He took her glass and quickly turned towards the basket again. She peered curiously at him a moment before shrugging her shoulders and looking back at the view. Nothing particular was running through her mind, only worried that James had been upset about something. When she turned back his way, she noticed his hand held out to her, he was now standing. She offered a raised eyebrow and a soft smile before standing to her feet. She wondered what he was up to now, the smile on his face and the redness of his cheeks revealing he was about to do something...

The blonde's heart skipped a beat as he knelt down on one knee, taking her breath away in that one single action. Lucy's hand went up to cover her mouth as a cry of joy escaped her. She tried to silence herself as he pulled the ring out and reveal the delicate diamond platinum ring inside. The smile on her face could be seen in her eyes despite the fact that she covered her mouth, he asked her to marry him then and she let out a soft laugh before nodding her head. "Yes! yes!" She happily cried, the surprise on her face was clear not having a clue that the ring had been around for a little while and that there was a few close calls of her finding it. Everything in that moment was complete. A happy cry escaped her again and she moved to pull James to his feet.

Lorenzo Romano
DJQDFNvVwAATMpm.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Over the few days Lorenzo assessed himself. He had remembered his drunken conversation with Leo about redemption, that he to could change. He had decided in that moment he wanted to change, but he needed the time to plan out exactly how. And today was the day of execution.

Lorenzo wore a simple black & white suit, thick Raybans, a black fedora, and a grey trench. The accecories were far from anything he would personally wear, but they were for his protection. He didn’t know Vinnie’s survelience routes, although the police station was most likely one... Waltzing in, he paused momentarily to assess his situation. A fair-skinned woman sat at the front desk, the police bullpen visible behind her. It wouldn’t be hard to grab everyone’s attention.

He began to remove his hat, placing his sunglasses within the hat, then tossing the two on the floor. Next, he carefully removed his pistol from its breast holster, and tossed it beside the hat. The clank from the gun drew a few confused heads, but what he did next was the bigger part...

Attention Chicago Police!” Lorenzo started, his Tuscan flake filling his words with gusto. “If you do not know my face by now, you as civil servants failed your job! I am Lorenzo V. Romano! I run the entirety of the Romano drug trade, along with a few other spicy details! Now, it’s your lucky day, because i’m all yours.” He smiled warmly as he placed both hands behind his head, and slowly sunk to his knees. A few lower-rank officers already dove to him, snatching him into cuffs and beginning his rights. All of that didn’t matter though, he knew he was their ace of spades...

Conor Sullivan
maxresdefault-jpg.364551

Conor looked to Finn when he slurred his words about him being home early and couldn't help but frown. He then looked to Aidan and nodded. "Hey, Aidan. You good?" he asked his cousin. Conor slumped down on the seat opposite Finn and looked directly at him for a time. "I finished what I needed to do. Well, it was already done.Besides, it's not that early," he replied. "Kind of early to be getting pissed
in the house without anyone else joining in, though," he pointed out. "I can tell you now, it's not going to help. I've tried it myself," he seriously told his cousin. "I was forced to talk about the shit going on in my head and it kind of helped. Y;know?" he hinted to Finn.

Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia

Vincenzo Romano
untitled-png.313172

"Well, I've already got some guys on the case as we speak. It could be tonight or tomorrow, but I need you to be ready to go with little warning. He can be quite difficult to get hold of if you're a Romano, so we won't necessarily be sending out an invite and waiting for an RSVP. You'll just have to be prepared for that," he explained. "I won't be accompanying you, because that would just ruin this little reunion you so desperately want. However, you will be safe from the Sullivans, I can assure you of that."

Lamia Lamia

Sergeant Banks
ethan-hawke-woman-fifth-portraits-2011-toronto-uuwq-a7cplhl-jpg.364537

When Alex approached him, he practically groaned at her question. "Of course I came alone," he answered her. He retrieved a cigarette and held it between his teeth as he lit it. He then offered one to Alex as he took a drag on his own cigarette. "Come on, then. I'm a busy man and I'm sure you want to get back to your boyfriend. What information did you get for me?" he asked her.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

Last edited:
Detective Edwards
christian-bale-batman225-jpg.364536

Detective Edward had been going through a case file when Lorenzo entered the building. It wasn't until the Italian spoke up that the lawman's interest was gained and he looked up from his paperwork. The name Lorenzo rang familiar in his head and he knew him to be a cousin of bloody Vincenzo Romano's. He couldn't help but wonder what the man was up to. He watched as some of the low-level cops cuffed him and did their bit. He then told them to take the man to a private interview room.

The Detective took a few minutes before entering the room and asking the cops to leave, all except Officer Lockwood, who stood by the door. Edwards sat opposite Lorenzo and opened out his notebook. "You said you run the Romano drug trade. Are you certain you haven't been taking any of those drugs?" he remarked. "It's not everyday someone gift wraps their self and shows up on the doorstep of the police station. So, tell me what brings you here," he asked, keeping his voice level. "Don't forget the spicy details you promised."

ReverseTex ReverseTex

James Porter
bvnb.png

James could see in Lucy's eyes how happy she was at the proposal - along with the cry of joy, of course. When she nodded her head and said yes, he felt his heart melt in his chest. After spending so much time thinking of all of the possible ways this could have gone, it had gone the best way He grinned and let her reach out to help him to his feet. Still holding the box, but closing it, he wrapped his arms around her waist and spun her around on the spot before passionately kissing her lips. He honestly couldn't recall a time when he'd felt this happy. He wanted to stay in this moment forever. As he released her from the embrace, he couldn't help the smile that was stuck on his face. "I'm the happiest man alive right now," he told her. "I figured if you said no, I was right by the cliff to jump off of," he lightly joked. It then dawned on him that he was still holding the small box. "Oh, the ring..." he said, removing his arms from around Lucy. He carefully removed the ring and let her hold out her hand so he could place the band on her finger. "Now, I hope it fits, but I can get it altered if not. Your mother helped me out with the size," he admitted. "All I know is it's too small for Conor to wear, the drunken fool," he remarked. "Would you believe he got it stuck on his little finger?" he told her, having wanted to tell the story to her for the last couple of days.

Bellz Bellz

Last edited:
Lorenzo Romano
DJQDFNvVwAATMpm.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lorenzo didn’t struggle whatsoever, merely for convience, and the fact that these men probably were on edge about his odd behavior. Though through the muddled struggle of cops, a detective’s voice froze them all. He was quite a boring man with a boring tone, but he had directed the officers to take him to a interrogation room of sorts.

Once seated and locked to the table, he smiled as he studied the bare room. “Have some imagination Detective, I would never use my own product... Bad for business.” Locking his emerald eyes with the cop’s dull pair, he chuckled. “And you’re right. It’s not everyday someone turns themself in. But I have my reasons... My reasons are quite personal i’m afraid, and it would take quite a long time to tell, and frankly I don’t want to bore you. Although, I shall lay my guidelines, then you can ask away.”

Shifting his wrists, the metal cuffs starting to irritate him. “First off, I would like complete immunity. I’m a former lawyer Detective, and I know how these situations work... Secondly, I want promised protection. My cousin is a deadly man who frankly i’ve lost all faith in, and I feel like a guard or two wouldn’t take much. And finally, I want a mutual cooperation between the two of us. Think of a eye for a eye?” Lorenzo sank back into the chair, waiting for the Detective’s move.

Alexandra Romano
_88813494_selena_press2.jpg

Alex watched as he took a cigarette and lit it before accepting the one he offered her. She took it and placed it behind her ear using the gesture to allow her to move closer. She decided that close range was a better option so to actually hit him in a vital area and also to cause less sound, she hoped. When he asked her impatiently for the information, Alex gave a slight smirk "never trust a girl that your blackmailing" she informed him "did you really think I was going to betray my family or the Sullivans and give you any information?" She asked him a hint of amusement played in her tone. Alex pulled out the gun and held it tightly as she aimed it at his chest, right where the heart was. She had gone over the plan so many times: pull the gun out, shoot him, dump the body off the dock and run. However as she aimed the gun Alex hesitated due to guilt and her finger froze just short of pulling the trigger.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Finn Sullivan
sad-liam-hemsworth-computer-wallpaper-16896362.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion Enzyme Enzyme
Finn frowned as his cousin both pointed out that he wasn't really home that early and that it was too early for him to be getting hammered without someone. His cheeks felt warm, but he wasn't sure if it was from embarrassment or the alcohol. "You're right mate." Finn sighed after a few moments of just staring at Conor, trying to figure out what he would say. Finn didn't want to talk about what happened to him, he didn't want to relive it.

"I just feel...if I talk about it," Fin sucked in a deep breath, his words were still slightly slurred as he sat up a bit straighter. "I won't be able to relive it..in order to move on, I know I have to face my fears...I just can't" Finn croaked out lightly, the emotion in his voice was clear. He let out another huff but in frustration this time as he leaned forward and put his head in his hands. "What's wrong with me?"

Lucy Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy let out another laugh as James stood at her request and wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her up and spinning her. The kiss was more than it had been before, it seemed to bind them together along with the ring in a way, making it official that she accepted the proposal and that they were to be married at some point. When the kiss came to an end, Lucy was left breathlessly smiling, so much so that her cheeks were now beginning to ache. James was smiling himself as he informed her that he was the happiest man alive, and casually joking that if she hadn't accepted he would have jumped off the cliff. She shook her head at that, "You thought I would say no?" She wondered out loud as he noticed the ring box in his hand and opened it. She watched him remove the ring carefully and she slowly held out her left hand to him, butterfly's in her stomach. "That sneaky woman." She murmured as James revealed her mother helped with the sizing. At the news that Conor had gotten the ring stuck on his little finger, she let out a warm laugh. "On his little finger! when was this!" She continued to laugh slightly until he slid the ring onto her finger, then she was stunned into silence by it

Last edited:
Detective Edwards

Edwards looked at the man, allowing his eyes to pierce through his skull for a time as he listened to his words. He didn't trust the man and it wasn't just because he was a Romano. He was suspicious of most people who walked into the station. He turned to Lockwood and motioned for the cop to wait outside, knowing Romano business was perhaps beyond the officer's duties, especially when he was more focused on the Sullivans.

"I'm paid to do this, so I have a lot of time to hear your personal tales of woe," he noted. He glanced to the cuffs but they were remaining around Lorenzo's wrists for now. He smirked when the Italian set out his demands, like he was owed them. He might have been a lawyer in the past, but that did little to convince the Detective. Still, he sat forward and looked the man in the eyes. "I can arrange the guards and I can be a very cooperative man," he said, nodding his head. "Immunity, now that depends on what you wish to confess to and what you can offer that will balance it out... If you really want to help us out here, then you found the right man to talk to." Edwards was as straight as a lawman in this city could be, so he wasn't into making shady deals and helping the mob.
ReverseTex ReverseTex

Sergeant Banks

The Sergeant saw Alex's smirk and when she suddenly spoke up telling him not to trust her, he raised a curious eyebrow. He'd already checked there was nobody else around, so that wasn't a worry to him. Then she asked him if he really thought she would betray her family. He knew she already had and thought she'd be smart enough to not let them find out about her secret lover. Suddenly, she pulled out the gun and aimed it at his chest, but she hesitated and the bullet he'd expected didn't come when he thought it would. He swung his arm, using his hand to it hit her wrist and disrupt her arm, if that caused her to pull the trigger, the bullet would fire right past the cop. Alex would need to act fast if she was to beat him to retrieving his own weapon...

Lorenzo Romano
DJQDFNvVwAATMpm.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lorenzo nodded, this man was going to be good. He was driven by the law, like him in his youth. and he admired that. Sighing, he spoke. “I plan to confess everything I have done. Then, we can go from there...”

“The drugs. Now to give you some brief background info, I used to live in San Diego, where I worked heavily with the Cartel after my retirement as a lawyer. So I already had experience in the area. And I know my cousin well, and I knew he wouldn't pay much mind to that aspect of his buisness like I would. So I came to Chicago, and convinced Vinnie to allow me to work with him. He gave me full reins of the drug trade, which in the past few months i’ve turned into a cash crop. Any drug you found, is tied to me. Any death related to drugs, is tied to me. I’m pratically the overseer...”

Rotating his neck, satisfied with the few cracks that followed, he continued. “Now here’s were things take a darker turn Detective... I am a very deceptive and manipulative person, i’m not going to lie about that. Any murder i’ve comitted cannot be tied to me, why? Because I convince the victim to kill themself...” His confidence was beginning to sink, as guilt began to wash over him. “Finnian Sullivan was my last victim, requested by my cousin. He didn’t want him dead, but I know I damaged that boy... It helped me come to a realization of my sins, and helped guide me here...”

With a sigh he spoke. “I’m willing to become a informant for you. I once followed strictly by the law in my youth, and now I think it’s time I try to get back in line...”

Conor Sullivan
maxresdefault-jpg.364551

Conor raised his eyebrows when Finn said he was right, but he remained silent as his cousin stared at him. The trouble going of in the young man's head was clear to see in his eyes and face. Conor knew how it felt to have such darkness lingering in his mind and not want to talk about it. Conor's fears were of dying and leaving his loved ones behind. He was perceptive enough to know Finn wasn't as determined to survive right now.

"Finn, there's nothing wrong with you, mate," he assured him. "I know you don't want to talk about it and relive it, but can you say not talking about it is helping? Honestly, I don't think it's helping. You're a mess and it's time to start fighting it." He glanced to Aidan for a brief moment before looking back to Finn. "I don't know if fighting it will help you, but sitting down doing nothing is doing more than enough damage already."
Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia Enzyme Enzyme myst.erion myst.erion

James Porter
bvnb-png.364582

James shrugged his shoulders when she asked if he thought she would say no. "Well, maybe it was just nerves, I don't know," he said, blushing. "And then we found out about my mother I was worried it could change things between us," he admitted. He laughed when she called Shannon sneaky. "I know Emmet already gave his blessing, but I thought it respectful to ask your mother and whilst we talked I asked her for help with the ring size."

James thought back to Conor trying the ring on and grinned. "It was at his birthday party. I think he'd had a bit to drink by then and he found the ring. He was messing around and got it stuck. I honestly thought he'd be joining us this evening whilst I proposed to you," he remarked. When he saw the ring fit her finger, he held her hand so he could admire it on her. "I hope you like it, Lucy. I'm not exactly used to buying ladies' jewelry," he softly told her. "I'm glad I don't need to pick the dress for you - that I would be clueless about!"
Bellz Bellz

Rayna Caito
d2f1ed13b1c825c3c08f11feb33ac449.jpg

Rayna listened intently as Vinnie spoke. Her fingers tapped lightly on the armrest of the chair. He went on to say that she would have to be prepared at the drop of a hate. "Don't worry about that. Your father gave me missions almost always at the last minute remember?" Rayna reminded with a smile.
The woman nodded as he assured her that she would be safe from the Sullivans. "Okay, sounds like a plan." She stated in an agreeable tone.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aidan Sullivan

latest

Aidan nodded to Conor, watching as his cousin sat down next to Finn. "Yeah, I'm good." he answered. He glanced at Finn, his older cousin had looked miserable in the days that passed by.
Aid sat up, nodding along to what Conor was telling in. "Conor's right Finn. It's not good to hold all that stuff inside." He spoke, eyes focused on the blonde.
The young man knew that he did not understand what Finn was feeling but he knew what i felt like to be in a rough, dark rut in his life felt like.

He listened as Finn explained that he did not want to relieve, he listened to Conor explain that what he was doing was not helping it.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz

Finn Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion Enzyme Enzyme
Finn nodded his head as Conor assured him that there was nothing wrong with him, but he didn't feel that was true. Finn had never had these type of tendencies before, not wanting to live. He never wanted to face the fact that his parents were gone and never returning. Maggie had more time to grieve than him, she didn't have to step up and take the reigns. Finn said nothing for a few moments as Conor told him that sitting in the house all the time wasn't helping. Finn felt helpless, the outside world had been off limits to him for almost a week, not wanting to deal with the painful stimulation.

Conor was right. Finn needed to get out of this house. He sighed and dragged his hands down his face before letting them rest on top of his thighs. "You're right." He murmured softly looking almost defeated. "I think I need to get out...the talking is going to come naturally at some point...I just don't want to force anything."

Lucy Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy nodded in understanding as James' explained his reasoning for why he thought she might have said no. At the mention of her father, Lucy bit her lip, remembering that her father had said those words to James, giving him his blessing. It made her a sad thinking about how her father would be there to give her away. He wouldn't be there for any of his children weddings,or to meet his grandchildren. "That's sweet James." She murmured as he told her that he thought it was respectful to ask her mother as well.

Smiling at the ring now on her finger, she admired it at the same time he did. It was a perfect fit. She gave a small laugh as James mentioned his relief on not having to pick out a dress for her. Looking up at him, her eyes were still full of happy tears and she smiled happily. "Its so perfect, I love you so much." She said leaning in and pecking him on the lips. It felt like a dream to her as she looked down at the ring on her left hand again. "Its going to be times like this..that are going to be the hardest...because father's not around." She told him after a long moment, although she was extremely happy with her new engagement, she just wished her father was alive to be there with them. "I could have Conor give me away, maybe..." She thought, now that she was engaged, these thoughts were going to become a reality sooner rather than later.

Leo Davide and Sinead Sullivan
gjgj.png jkl.png

"...If you worked closely with Vinnie, you'd understand." Sinead stopped in her tracks as she heard the male voices talking around the corner she was about to turn. Hearing that monster's name caused her to reach into her handbag and remove the gun, placing it close to hand in her coat pocket. She took a deep breath before lowering her head and continuing around the corner.

"I'll be there tomorrow evening, I promise," Leo told his friend. "It can't be any worse than doing jobs for that asshole." Leo's friend walked away and Leo was about to do the same when he saw Athena walking towards him. He stepped out from the doorway he'd been standing in but froze on the spot, unsure of whether to ignore her, walk the opposite way or talk to her like nothing had happened. He was soon broken from his thoughts as he'd stepped out in front of an absent-minded Sinead, causing her to lose her footing in the heels she was wearing and fall to the floor. "Oh, shit! I'm sorry," Leo quickly apologised, bending over to help Sinead back to her feet. Athena would by now be only a few feet from Leo and Sinead.
Lamia Lamia

(More replies later. I need food more than I thought.)

Last edited:
Athena Archer
Yara-Shahidi-Grayson-Hoffman-New-York-Fashion-Photographer-Studio-Beauty-Blackish-Photoshooot-Inspiration-10.jpg

Athena threw her cup of cocoa in a near trash can when she was finished with the warm drink. Thena sighed, gripping the bag in her hand. She was heading over to the nearby pet store to get some more things for her pets but something stopped her.

A familiar voice made its way to her ears. Athena quickly brushed it off, continued to walk down the sidewalk, eyes focused on the concrete. However, her first initial thought was right when she saw Leo just a few feet away.

Her hoodie still sat on top of her curls, the girl bit her lip. She was unsure if he would even be willing to speak with her, seeing as it had only been a little while their their depart.
Athena caught sight of the little commotion that followed after. Leo stood in front a another girl who seemed a bit shaken up and fell to the ground.
She saw Leo bending down to help her up. She was slowly walking towards them. By now, only a foot away from them. They were right in front of her. When the girl would get back up on her feet, Athena would feel a slight breeze ruffling her hair.
Athena pulled her hoodie off, glancing at Leo and Sinead, Undecided on whether she should just leave him be or to approach him.
The feeling after a breakup felt quite awkward indeed.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan
maxresdefault-jpg.364551

Conor sat up straight when Finn told him he was right and that he needed to get out. "Sure, one step at a time, yeah?" he encouraged his cousin. "You do need to get out, so get dressed and grab your coat. Lady and Samson have been abandoned by their parents for the evening, so the three of us are going to go out and walk them," he said, including Aidan in the plan. "Come on, lads. get your shit together. Quickly!" he said, clapping his hands together as he ordered them.

Conor had things playing on his mind, but right now Finn was his priority and apparently Maggie and Arlene weren't home, so it was up to Conor to make sure his two present cousins and the dogs were all taken care of.

Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia

James Porter
bvnb-png.364582

James felt great when Lucy told him she loved the ring. When she then spoke about how hard it was going to be without Emmet there for those special moments, he couldn't help but nod his head in agreement. The night the man was killed, James had listened to the his words and knew he would have loved to have been there to give his two daughters away at their weddings. It saddened James to think that Lucy and Sinead had been robbed of that. Emmet had been such a good man and an amazing father, James knew that first hand. "I understand, Lucy. I would have loved for your father to be here still, to give you away and to give me a stern, terrifying warning against ever hurting you," he lightly told her. "From what Conor said to me yesterday, I think he would love to give you away in Emmet's place," James reassured her.

One they had both finished the next glass of wine, James would help Lucy to her feet. "I've reserved us a table at a cute little fancy restaurant. Would you like to go for dinner now?" he asked her. He hadn't been so presumptuous as to assume she would agree to marry him, but he'd still requested a private table so they'd have some peace regardless of how she had responded to his proposal.

Bellz Bellz

Detective Edwards

Edwards remained silent and let Lorenzo speak about his involvement in Chicago's, and San Diego's, drugs trade. That was an area that had proven difficult to get under control and drug-related deaths weren't treated as murder or manslaughter. The police were too busy to investigate the deaths of those who died through their own addictions.

Lorenzo then went on to confess about the way he'd manipulated people into committing suicide. The man was starting to sound like he well and truly belonged with the Romanos, that was for sure. "Have you seen Finnian Sullivan since you played your mind games? I feel there may be a duty of care for my colleagues to follow up on this man," he told him. "I'd hate for him to turn up dead too."

The Detective wrapped his fingers on the desk for a time as he pondered Lorenzo's willingness to become an informant. "We may be able to provide you with guards, but you must still know the risks that would come with betraying Vincenzo. There's corruption all over this city and I don't doubt the Romanos may have their claws into some of my own colleagues. An informant would be advantageous, but you must realise the risks. It hasn't worked out in the past and charges against members of the Romano gang rarely stick. Evidence and witnesses have a frustrating habit of disappearing or backing out"
ReverseTex ReverseTex

Leo Davide and Sinead Sullivan
gjgj-png.364755
jkl-png.364756

Sinead looked to Leo as he helped her back to her feet. He didn't look intimidating, but who knew with the Romanos? "I didn't hear anything. I was just walking and I-" she began apologising. She then looked to see Athena approach and was relieved to see she wasn't on her own with this potentially dangerous guy. Hopefully the gun in her pocket would go another day without being used.

"Hear anything?" Leo asked, a little confused. "Whatever. Don't worry about it. It was just an accident and I wasn't looking where I was going," he reassured her. His eyes were then focused on Athena as she approached and pulled the hoodie off from over her hair. He bit his lip, trying to figure out how to tackle this situation for the best. "Hi... It was just an accident," he explained, feeling bad for causing Sinead to fall over.

"It's good. I'm fine. No harm done..." Sinead said, rubbing the dirt off of her knees as she spoke. "Forget about it," she trailed off. Without further word, Sinead wandered off down the street. She was bored of being at home and fed up of not being able to relax when away from home. The city was once again feeling dull and charmless.

"It was just an accident. I don't know why she was like that," Leo said, feeling like he had to explain the situation to Athena. He then cleared his throat. "So, how's life serving the Dark Lord?" he sarcastically asked Athena. "Better?"
Lamia Lamia

Lorenzo Romano
DJQDFNvVwAATMpm.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lorenzo shook his head, “I have not. And I agree, a checkup would be advantageous for his sake. Also, I would like to have a chat with him if you could arrange it. Purely apologetic.” He knew now this cop would figure him worthy of his last name, and he had all right too. No American trusted Benedict Arnold after Ticonderoga...

Watching the man’s fingers drum on the table, he looked back up at the detective, eyes cold as ice. “The Romano family Detective has always been a certain way... Never steering from their comfort, and always controlling others. My father escaped that lifestyle, and became a farmer in Tuscany, away from his older brothers in Sicily. I was raised to hate normality, and to this day I still do.” Leaning towards the detective, he continued. “I appreciate your concerns, but i’m quite aware of the risks.”

His point clearly acrossed, he lightened his tone once more. “My guards should be undercover, and well-trained. I don’t want them cracking under pressure... Also, now that we’re friends, are these really nessicary?” Glancing downcast his wrists, he gave the detective a soft smirk.

Finn Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia
Finn offered a small smile in response to his cousin's words before heading to grab his coat and get ready to take the pups out for a walk like Conor instructed. It was going to be a bit of a journey returning to the man he once was, but if his cousin's were all certain that he could pull through this then what did he have to lose? He grabbed his coat from his room before returning downstairs. "Where did Lucy and James head off to?" Finn asked Conor lightly as he raised an eyebrow, Finn hadn't been all there earlier that day and wasn't even sure what time the happy couple left. He wondered if James was popping the question anytime soon. '

Lady and Samson came running into the main walk way of the house as soon as they heard footsteps and voice near the front door. Finn had grown quite fond of the little creatures and was enjoying there silent company when no one else was around. Samson was growing rather quickly since he was introduced into the family, his little body beginning to broaden out much like an adults would and there was definitely a size difference in his head and paws. He seems a bit clumsy however, still young enough to slip and slid on tile. So as he came sprinting into the room, his paws slipped out from under him and he went sliding on his tummy, spinning slightly from he momentum of his paws. Lady came to a graceful and quick halt, unlike her clumsy brother and patiently waited for one of them to fetch the leashes, her tail swishing against the tile. Finn let out a soft laugh at the pair, the pups always managing to put a smile on his face. He looked to Aidan and Conor, "I think the leashes are in the closet." He murmured to one of them closest to it.

Lucy Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy offered a rather sad laugh as James spoke of what could have been on their wedding day. Some of the guilt she felt for being involved in the efforts of her fathers death slowly seeping into her chest threatening to ruin the moment that James had so beautifully created for her. Sucking in a deep breath, she listened to the rest of James' words and offered him a small smile, pleased to hear that her brother had expressed this to James, but was curious as to what he said. "What did he say to you love?" She asked softly as they sat back down to finish their little moment with the view and the wine.

Once they were finished, Lucy didn't think the night would continue further until James reveal he had reserved them a table at a little restaurant. Lucy was pleasantly surprised even further and nodded her head happily at the man's question. "I would love to," She murmured before leaning forward one more time to kiss him. She couldn't express how much she loved him and how grateful she was to him through words alone, so she felt showing him the affection he deserved would suffice. After a few moments she pulled away but caressed his cheek with her left palm, the diamond on the ring catching in the light of the evening.

Athena Archer
Yara-Shahidi-Grayson-Hoffman-New-York-Fashion-Photographer-Studio-Beauty-Blackish-Photoshooot-Inspiration-10.jpg

The girl seemed to be a bit flabbergasted as she stammered on. Athena bit her lip, it was odd on how nervous she was being. She remained quiet, not wanting to interrupt. This girl seemed a bit on the jumpy side, like she was nervous. Though afterwards, Leo apologized for causing the girl to fall which she just brushed off. It was then that the girl walked down the street.

Athena turned to Leo when he spoke to her, explaining that it was merely an accident and going to say that he didn't know why the girl was acting the way she was. "I know." She voiced, shoving her hands in the pockets of her jacket.

Her mouth upturned into a smirk when Leo referred to Vinnie as a "dark lord".
"The same as always. Vinnie's cousin from Italy is in town but that's all that's changed." Athena answered, pushing curls out of her face, focusing her warm brown eyes on Leo.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter
vghv.png

James nervously laughed a little when Lucy asked him what Conor had said. "Well, after telling me to lighten up and party more often, and making some silly joke about wishing I loved him instead, he talked about us. He told me I'm already family and that he couldn't think of anyone else he would want to give his sister away to. He also said he'd make me suffer if I ever hurt you, but that's not going to happen," he lightly assured her. "Conor also told me he trusted me completely, which made me feel a little guilty. I want us two to have this evening to ourselves, without any thoughts of business and family secrets. But I need to tell him the truth about Rayna at the first opportunity."

James was pleased when Lucy agreed to go to dinner with him. He softly smiled after they'd kissed again. In all of his life, he'd never thought he'd be where he is right now, engaged to marry a woman he loved and wanted to spend a long life with. In his mind, his future had always been serving the Sullivans, killing the enemy and probably dying young at the hands of the Romanos. Things had taken a very different route for him now and he was more comfortable with it than he thought he could ever be. For once, he actually felt like a normal person. "Let's go," he suggested, otherwise he want to stay in this moment forever, with Lucy's hands gently caressing his face.

Once they returned to the car, James placed the basket in the back and retrieved a black shirt. He took his current top off and swapped it for the smarter shirt. Lucy already looked lovely so he knew he should make an effort too.

Once they arrived at the restaurant, they were shown to their private booth and handed the menus to browse. The place was small and friendly, with classical music playing in the background. James had wanted to avoid the usual big and bold places they'd ventured to in the past. He just wanted to have a full evening alone, including away from the crazy Sullivan family, who he loved dearly. Tonight was just about him and Lucy. "I hope you like this place. I saw this little booth and I just loved it," he told her. He then glanced down to the menu, not really able to focus on what he was reading as his mind was still all over the place thinking of how amazing it was that he was going to marry Lucy.

hgbhjkg.png

Not far behind Lucy and James, a suited man entered the restaurant. There was nothing distinctive about him, just a normal-looking man with a gun nicely hidden inside his jacket. He'd watched the happy couple as they were shown to their private area and after scoping the place out, he approached the bar to request use of their telephone.
Bellz Bellz

Detective Edwards

The Detective nodded his head as Lorenzo spoke about Finn. "I will ensure Finnian Sullivan is checked on. If he is willing to speak with you, then I will arrange for it under controlled conditions, but he will not be forced or pressured into it," he reasoned. He was aware the Sullivans were far from innocent, but Finn had never shown up on his radar and as far as the lawman was concerned, he was to be regarded as a regular citizen of Chicago.

"I've spent some time watching your family, Lorenzo. Even when there are slip-ups, they still walk away without consequence." The Detective was no fan of Vinnie's, with the pair easily grating on each other. It always irked Edwards that Vinnie had the nerve to show up in the same church as him, like he even had a place in God's house.

"I wouldn't go as far as to call you and I friends, but don't take that personally," he replied, before leaning over the table to unlock the cuffs, holding his hand out for Lorenzo to hand them to him once removed. "You might want to take steps to ensure your guards have the smoothest ride possible. Showing up in the station like you just did, well that's going to cause attention and perhaps deadly attention if the wrong people were present. He then reached into his pocket and handed Lorenzo a small piece of card with a handwritten telephone number. "This is my private line. I will refer to myself as Charlie Rogers. Anything else, including my own name, then you don't say a word because someone else has answered your call."
ReverseTex ReverseTex

Lorenzo Romano
DJQDFNvVwAATMpm.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lorenzo gave a grateful nod to the detective as he uncuffed him, the suffocating metal freeing his wrists. Rubbing his wrists a few times, he handed the cuffs back to the man, and leaned back comfortably in the metal chair he sat in.

As long as the two are strong-willed, they will be fine. I will only be needing a driver, and a actual guard. Both need to be loyal to me, as well as to you, so there is complete transparency. Vinnie will trust my judgement if he knows I hired them for my usage, and these men will have to turn a blind eye to most events I attend.”

Taking the card, he examined the number carefully, memorizing each number as if it was life or death. Once able to repeat it in his head, he handed the card back to the man. “Understood. And I suggest you keep that, if anything were to happen to me then Vinnie would most likely take that number.” Feeling satisfied with the results of this meeting, although one thing wasn’t addressed. “So Mr. Rodgers, what information would you like me to gather...?”

Alexandra Romano
Selena-Gomez-Getaway.jpg

Alex felt a slight slap to her wrist and snapped out of her thoughts to see him running from her. "Shit" she muttered to herself, Giovanni was right Alex wasn't some killer and that hesitation may have just cost her, her life. While she had an alright shot, Alex could not hit moving targets accurately and she knew this needed to be an one shot kill.
Alex ran after him, she needed to intercept his path to the car to stop him getting his weapon or calling it in. When she got close enough to him, Alex propelled herself forward and jumped onto the Sergeants back, bringing him down to the ground. As they fell, she felt her body began to flip and gave a small cry when the back of her head collided with the floor. The gun slid slightly out of her reach and she stared at it before staring up at the Sergeant who had managed to get somewhat in control. Alex pulled herself up and headbutt the Sergeant as hard as she could before trying to reach the gun that was beside her.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan
maxresdefault-jpg.364551

As Conor sat on the bottom steps of the staircase, fastening his shoes, Finn asked him where Lucy and James had gone off to. He looked around to make sure Aidan and anyone else was out of earshot. "Don't say anything, but tonight's the night," he said, pointing to his own left ring finger and winking. "He's taken Lucy out for a day of romance," he said, grinning. Conor didn't doubt in his mind that his sister would agree to marry James. He'd be super confused if her answer was no. "I sense another party on the horizon," he happily remarked. When Aidan returned, Conor closed his mouth on the subject.

Conor couldn't help but grin as he watched the two pups, the youngest being adorably clumsy on his feet, a little like Sinead could be. Conor took comfort in seeing how the dogs made Finn smile. Perhaps they would prove to be the most useful at helping his cousin in the days and weeks to come. He followed Finn's suggestion and retrieved the leashes, handing one to Aidan to attach to Lady's collar. Conor handed the other to Finn so he could attempt to attach it to wriggly Samson's collar.

"Are we all ready now?" he asked.
Lamia Lamia Bellz Bellz

Vincenzo Romano
untitled-png.313172

Vinnie nodded when Rayna reminded him of the missions his father used to give her. "Of course, Rayna. After so long, I sometimes forget you were once dedicated to this family," he remarked, unable to help himself.

Vinnie was about to pour himself a drink when the telephone began ringing and he went to answer the call, instead. As he listened to the male voice on the other end, he turned to look at Rayna, a smile on his face. "Describe the inside to me," he asked the caller. "And they can't see who's walking through the door...? Perfect. Get me a table out of sight and wait for Rayna at the bar," he said, before hanging up the phone. He approached Rayna and rubbed his hands together. "Get whatever you need. We're going right now," he announced to her. This kind of "forced meeting" was usually Angel's forte, but having not been able to get hold of the man, Vinnie realised a softer approach might be necessary anyway. For Rayna but not for James
Lamia Lamia

Leo Davide
gjgj-png.364755

Leo picked up on Athena's nervousness, but after how Sinead had been, he wondered if he was somehow giving off scary vibes. Surely his inner anger wasn't having that kind outward effect on people. When she smirked at his comment about Vinnie, he wasn't sure if he'd even intended for it to have that reaction. Deep down, he knew it had been a cheap attack on her for choosing Vinnie over him.

"Another cousin?" he curiously asked. "Are they like Vinnie or are they normal? I don't think this city needs another Vinnie." He folded his arms and observed Athena closely. "You look a little shaken. Am I really that bad to be around?" he half-joked.
Lamia Lamia

Lucy Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
After the few more moments of peace together, James suggested they head out, both seeming reluctant to leave. He helped her to her feet and retrieved their basket before heading back to the car. Once they were back at the car, Lucy moved into the passenger seat as James placed the things they brought in the back of the car. As he slid into the seat of the driver's side, she noticed he had changed his shirt and offered a small suggestive smile his way with a wink, even more excited to see where it was he was taking her. The drive wasn't terribly long and soon they arrived at the place James expressed great interest in. Lucy could definitely see the same appeal as she took in the little restaurant, a happy smile presenting itself on her face.

They were led to a private booth which was even more breathtaking than she could have imagine with the dim lighting and light colored designs. She loved it. As they were sat down and handed the menus, Lucy looked over hers and could seem to decide on anything. She was far to excited about their engagement now to even think about eating, but she knew she would have to choose something eventually. Deciding to go with something simple, she bit her lip and closed her menu, enjoying the fact that they had a table to themselves without having to worry about prying eyes or pesky Romano's. It was even nice to be away from her own family for a while, she loved them all but sometimes James and her needed time like this. "I absolutely love this place." She told James after just appreciating looking at him for a few moments. "Its so perfect. All of it, is so amazing, James." Lucy murmured giving the man the credit he deserved for planning such a marvelous day. She looked down at the ring on her hand again and smiled, "I can't believe it.."

Finn Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia
Finn was delighted to hear that his guessing had been correct, James was finally going to ask Lucy to marry him. Finn was extremely for the pair, finding happiness despite all the constant chaos, Finn wondered how they managed such a thing, finding it hard to even muster up the strength to get out of bed anymore. He certainly wouldn't be able to provide the emotion support it took to keep such a loved one close. Noticing his thoughts were taking an awfully wicked turn, he focused back on the fact that he should be happy for the couple and smiled as Conor predicted another party in the near future. Finn had no choice but to be happy at types of events like that, it would have been rude not to be...he could hear his mother's voice scolding him now, At least pretend you are having good time teddy! it'll all be over soon! He might be taking her words in a little different context now...but it all would be over soon, at least he hoped he could get over this funk.

Smiling lightly at Samson, he knelt down to connect the leash to the puppies collar, laughing at how excitable the pup was as he realized they were about to go on a walk. Stroking the pups fur, he nodded his head at Conor's questioning and looked between him and Aidan. "Shall we gents?" He asked lightly, offering another small smile before leading a rowdy Samson to the door, he happily followed without any resistance, ready for the small adventure.​

Sergeant Banks

The Sergeant had been reaching for his own gun when Alex jumped on him and dragged him to the ground. Despite her small build, she had a surprising amount of strength and fight in her. "Big mistake. Stupid girl," he grumbled. Realising she had hit her head on the floor, he figured this would be a good opportunity to restrain her. Seeing the gun she had dropped, he instead reached over to grab it, keeping his other hand pressed on her ribs to keep her down. Before he could grab her gun, Alex headbutted him and caused him to fall back, releasing any hold he had. Groaning in pain and clutching his head, he decided he'd had enough and he may need to take drastic measures to stop the girl. Nobody knew of his dealings with her, so it would be easy to hide the body and never hear of this again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back