• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
c6ff97f282e8a8c8327d3f15262ab317.png

John-Russo-Photoshoot-amber-heard-32557169-359-480.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lazy Taco Lazy Taco
Lucy was about to slap the man silly for calling Sinead such a harsh name. She stepped forward and that’s when Conor’s arm blocked her from going any further. She was relieved that he had seen them and she stepped back to let her brother handle the rude and drunk man. Looking to Sinead, she gave her a soft reassuring smile before watching Conor in action.

Lucy felt bad for the poor sap who was drunkenly about to challenge her brother. Although Lucy could see that her brother was not his normal self, he still didn’t disappoint when it came to defending Sinead and her. She backed up a bit more with Sinead in tow, the man blantanly laughing in Conor’s face, refusing to apologize. It all happened so quickly that Lucy barely had time to keep up.

But Conor threw back his arm and punched the man so hard she surely thought that Conor must have broken his hand. But then he pushed the man down and he fell to the floor like a chopped down tree. Lucy raised an eyebrow as people sorta stared at them openly. Adam had already been making his way over. “You ladies alright?” He asked lightly peering between Lucy and her sister before looking at Conor, then moving to look at the now unconscious man on the floor. “Uh we will get rid of him.” Adam informed them to which Lucy smiled gratefully.

“Thanks doll, trash like that certainly doesn’t belong in here.” And just for good measure, she walked up and poured her drink on the man’s face, watching as he shook his head and sputtered. Smirking, she finally turned and touched Conor’s arm. “Thanks Conor.” reaching up on her tip toes, she kissed his cheek gently before looking to Sinead who seemed to be a bit shaken. “You alright now doll?” She asked slowly.

Conor Sullivan and Sinead Sullivan

jjjj-png.348164
5dc34c2d8ec775e7f45b0b275a8d2d4b-jpg.348237

Conor stood over the unconscious man and grinned as Lucy poured her drink on the idiot. He wouldn't be bothering them now. "Thanks, mate," he said to Adam, patting him on the shoulder as he said he'd deal with the drunk. When Lucy kissed his cheek, Conor kissed her forehead in return. "Just doing my brotherly duty. Nobody speaks to my sisters like that," he told her.

Sinead quickly nodded her head when Lucy asked if she was okay. "Yeah, I'm good," she told her. "Conor took that guy out with just one punch. That'll teach him some manners." She took a deep breath and decided not to let it spoil their night. "Let's get some more drinking done!"

Conor place an arm each around his sisters and walked them back to the table. Seeing some eyes were still on them following the drama, he pulled the curtains shut to give them all some privacy. "Now, where were we? We already talked about boys," he playfully teased them. As he sat down, he massaged his throbbing hand. The guy was probably lucky Conor wasn't yet back to full strength.
Bellz Bellz Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Lucy was satisfied with how things went to normal so quickly and she smiled as Conor wrapped an arm around both her and Sinead and they made their way back to the table without glance back at the drunken man who tried to ruin their night.

Lucy was well aware of the fact that people were still staring openly at them but she really didn't care now. They did what they had to do in order to keep their own safe and if that meant people would judge her then so be it. Once the curtains were closed however, she felt like she could finally breathe again.

The terrible feeling she had in her gut seemed to die down and she relaxed against the velvet cushioned seats of the table. Lucy poured herself another drink and downed it in a matter of seconds, wanting her nerves to disappear with each drink she took. Peering down at Conor's hand, she frowned slightly. "Need some ice dear?" She asked concerned. But soon after she asked she added. "Do you remember when we use to play wrestle and the time you got your fist accidentally stuck in the wall?" Bringing up old times would be refreshing and enjoyable.

jjjj-png.348164

Conor grinned as he watched Lucy quickly down the drink. He was actually surprised, though relieved, to find Sinead was still drinking her cocktails at quite a steady pace. In reality, she didn't want to get drunk and end up blurting out something she shouldn't, especially with Carrick present and as awkward with her as ever.

"Oh yeah, some ice right about now would be good," he replied to Lucy. His body ached and he debated getting extremely drunk to block out the pain, but considering what had just happened, he decided just a little bit drunk was in order so he could still keep his wits about himself.

When she brought up the wrestling story from the past, he let out a genuine laugh. "Yes, I remember that. It was hilarious, though mum did not agree," he commented. "I can still feel her hand slapping the back of my head now," he said, pretending to flinch. "What about that time we played hide and seek? When Sinead somehow got stuck under the bed!"

"Oh yeah, that was real fun," Sinead sarcastically replied. "Did you really need to keep tickling me?" she asked, a glint appearing in her eyes before she burst out laughing. "I don't even known how I managed to get stuck. Plus, it was the most obvious hiding place."

Last edited:

With the confirmation of her brother, Lucy quickly slid out of her seat and tracked down one of the waiters to bring something for Conor's hand and the staff did not disappoint in bringing it quickly. Smiling in appreciation, she slid back into her seat just as her brother began talking about how they use to play hide and seek, and how little Sinny got stuck under the bed. Lucy handed Conor the ice before smiling and laughing.

"You were so ticklish," Lucy giggled, "that you rolled around under the bed like a little sardine out of water and I honestly think Conor made it worse for you to get out from under the bed. You were truly stuck after we all found you under there!" Lucy smiled fondly and grabbed another drink. "Sinead darling, your hiding places were always so very obvious, for someone who's nickname is Tinkerbell, you do not have the footsteps of a fairy." Lucy leaned in and wrapped an arm around her sister's shoulders before pressing a kiss to the girls temple.

jjjj-png.348164

Conor filled a towel with ice and wrapped it around his hand. He used his free hand to hold his pint, glancing to Carrick to see what his brother was drinking.

"Ah, well, if we played it now I bet I'd be the best and the quietest. I don't think there's anywhere in the house Conor could hide now, being so tall. Where would he even hide all of those giant muscles?" she said, teasing her brother in return.

"You'd be surprised, Tinkerbell. I'm pretty good at hiding," he assured her, with a wink. "I hereby challenge each of you to a hide and seek competition. I have no doubt I will win," he assured them. In reality, he figured Sinead was right - he could no longer fit into the hiding spots he had as a kid.

When Lucy wrapped her arm around her and kissed her head, Sinead smiled contently. "I love you, Luce," she sweetly told her, resting her head against her sister's for a short time. "When we get home, I'm so going to tease James, you know. If he's with you now, he's got to put up with the rest of us," she said, grinning. "I'm going to make it my mission to make him blush," she joked.

Lucy laughed lightly and smiled at her siblings, she looked to Carrick for a moment longer and raised an eyebrow at the drink he had. It seemed the boy was definitely knew to alcohol, already swaying in his seat, not really saying much, as usual of course. Lucy looked at her sister as she leaned her head against her own and smiled widely at her words. "Good luck with that mission, its a pretty tricky thing to accomplish, but the pay off is worth it." Lucy loved it when James blushed, something about seeing him feeling just as bashful as she did about things just made their relationship all the more real.

"I can definitely help you if you wish, its actually pretty easy to get that reaction out of him now. My mission with him started a long time ago and once in a while he would." She laughed lightly and took another drink of her alcohol. She made a face at the bitter strong taste but it was delicious. "And Conor, I will certainly take you on that hide and seek challenge, you children have yet to see my new hiding skills." She teased and that's when the feeling came back.

Her stomach twisted into knots as she looked at the curtain covering them from the rest of the world. She heard something similar to shouting in the distance and that's when the gunshots rang out in to club. "Shit!" Lucy hissed and moved to push Sinead down under the table. "Get down!" She told her siblings and moved to get under the table with them. Her eyes went wide and her breath caught in her throat as she heard the screams of other terrorized people, there was several gun shots that rang throughout the club, letting Lucy know that there was probably more than one shooter.

Looking to her siblings, she placed a finger to her lips before moving to peek out of the curtain. People were running frantically and some were hiding under the tables like her and her siblings. The shooters were masked and couldn't be identified by face. There was three of them. Lucy continued to peek through the slit in the curtain and tried to locate the nearest exit and their driver, who was no where to be seen. "Fuck" Lucy whispered out before moving back away from the curtain, reaching up on the table, she grabbed the silverware wrapped in a cloth napkin and quickly grabbed the steak knife from in there, arming herself. Looking to Conor with wide eyes, she spoke. "Three shooters, our driver is gone and the nearest exit is about 450 feet to the left..."

During the time that the issues was going on with the drunk guy and his sibling, Carrick had been ordering the same beer that he had stolen from from Conor, swaying back and forth once he drank his last one, which was his third beer. "I'm tire." He said to himself before he fell off his chair, completely asleep. Heck he wasn't even awake once the gunshot began or the masked guys came inside.
Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz

Leo Davide

cfrfc-png.347786

"Hmmm, I think I should feel flattered that you'd choose me over finishing a book. Yeah, I'm having that one as a compliment - no arguments," Leo told Athena. "I agree, you should get out more. There's so much fun to have around here," he told her. He laughed as she imitated her mother in Italian. "Well, technically you have met a guy now, so you can tell your mother that," he said, with a playful wink.

When Athena spoke of Vinnie and Gia, Leo sadly nodded his head. "You're right, the Romanos are great. They've always been pretty good to me too, even though they didn't have to be."
Lamia Lamia

James Porter
150430139460743-png.348205
David and the driver sat in the car with the headlights and engine all turned off so they could remain unnoticeable down the narrow alleyway. The driver nervously tapped his fingers on the steering wheel, glancing to his watch which was slightly illuminated by the moonlight. "I thought you said he was behind you? Why isn't he here yet?" the driver asked, referring to James. "I know the cops will be too distracted by the explosion, but what if someone else sees us?"

"He was right behind me. We don't leave until he gets here," David firmly ordered. Despite this, he was feeling quite tense. He wanted to go out to find James but wasn't sure how risky it was now the cops would be making their way to the scene. After looking through the car mirrors for a time and seeing nothing, David relented. "Fuck," he hissed, grabbing his handgun and getting out of the car. "Don't go anywhere!" he told the driver. David didn't get far before he found James emerge from behind a stone wall, short of breath and clutching at his bleeding shoulder. "You were right behind me..."

"There were some cops rushing to the explosion on foot so I had to hide out. Pretty fucking hard to look innocent with a bullet-hole in my shoulder. Help me back to the car," James told him. He was still pissed off David's mistake had got him shot. When they finally got to the car, James climbed into the back and grabbed some rag to press against his wound. When David suggested they got Kate to help, James quickly shook his head. "No, she stays out of this. I don't want the Romanos to see her," he argued. "There's a public payphone at the corner of the next street. Call the doctor and have him meet us back at the Sullivans' place." James groaned as he gasped for air and only now began to properly feel the pain in his shoulder. "Why do Sunday nights always end up with me covered in my own blood?!" he asked. As the car set off, James glanced out of the window to see the flames and smoke from the explosion. "Fucking worth it, though," he weakly remarked, with a sly smirk. He hoped Lucy and the others were having more fun than he was right now.

jjjj-png.348164

Sinead smiled. "Yes, you need to help me with my mission, Lucy. James is always cool and kind, but I want him to be more comfortable with the rest of us. I want to make him relax more," she told Lucy. She'd felt bad for how her earlier words had come across and even though James didn't hear her, she still felt like she needed to make it up to him.​

Conor furrowed his eyebrows as Lucy looked towards the curtains and they heard what sounded like gunfire. He placed his pint down on the table and tossed the ice towel aside as he stood up. Lucy pushed Sinead down and their younger sister hid underneath the table. By this point, Carrick had also fallen under the table and nodded off. Lucy may have told them all to get down, but obviously Conor wasn't going to do such a thing and leave Lucy to it.

When Lucy returned to the table and grabbed the steak knife, Conor instinctively reached into the inside pocket of his suit jacket to retrieve his gun. He'd managed to injure his right hand and fingers punching that guy, so he wasn't sure he could shoot with that hand. He hoped he'd be competent enough using his left hand to shoot with, if needed. When Lucy reported on the situation, Conor groaned with frustration. "Is there no way out of here without them seeing us?" he asked. He was always willing to take a risk and run on out all guns blazing, but there was Sinead and Carrick to think about. There was no way he could risk them getting hurt.

Lucy looked as her brother pulled out a gun and was for once in her life relieved that he was carrying a weapon. Her eyes darted to Carrick who was now unconscious under the table. She groaned softly and wondered just how they were all going to get out of there without ending up looking like swiss cheese. "They will definitely see us." She answered her brother's question before looking back up at the table they had been sitting at. "With Carrick passed out this is going to be even more difficult" She heard footsteps getting closer and she went silent. She peeked out from the curtain again and slowly watched as legs walked past them without even bothering to open the curtain. She couldn't see a way of them getting out without being seen. Lucy did, however, see the drunken man who had been harassing her sister and she cursed lowly.

"That fucking moron who was hitting on Sinead brought friends." She growled referring to the men in masks. "Why can't the people who harass Sinead just be normal drunks?" The question was rhetorical, but the frustration behind it was very real. Looking to Conor, she still held the knife firmly in her grasp. Lucy wasn't seeing a way out of this situation and her heart began to beat painfully fast in her chest. All she wanted was one fun night out with her family and she couldn't even have that.

Quick thinking was something that would get them out of here alive. The drunk man was out for blood now that Conor had embarrassed him in front of the entire club and he wasn't going to stop until he got the revenge he wanted. Lucy shifted uncomfortably as she moved to peek through the curtain again. Her eyes looked towards the left exit and saw that the men had finished searching that way. "If we make a bolt for the door, we could make it now." Her eyes went to Carrick once again and she huffed. "Give me the gun Conor," She said to her brother, more a demand than a request. "I can't carry Carrick out of here and you can't shoot with your left for shit."

jjjj-png.348164

Sinead remained hidden under the table, kind of wishing she had a weapon but also figuring she wouldn't even know how to use one. She nudged and prodded Carrick to try to wake him up. When she heard it was the guy who had tried hitting on her who had brought his friends, she began to feel more scared. She'd refused him and slapped him, what if he wanted revenge for that? She still wouldn't have let him have his dance if she'd know this would happen, but she was still upset he'd had to pester her in the first place then lead to this.

When Lucy told him to give her the gun, Conor was very reluctant as he didn't want her to have to shoot another person, not since she'd felt the guilt for shooting Gianna. He knew she was right about him being a crap shot with his left hand, so he hesitantly handed the gun to her. "Sinead, when Lucy gives the word, you just run out of here, don't look back or wait for us. Get outside," he firmly ordered her. Conor then lifted Carrick over his shoulder, mumbling something about never healing his ribs and back at this rate. "On your word, Lucy," he told her, ready to bolt out of there. "Don't you dare get yourself shot, damn it," he warned his sister, like getting shot would be her choice.

James Porter

When they arrived at the Sullivans house, James was disappointed to find the doctor's car wasn't parked up there yet. David helped him get out of the car and into the house. He led James into the kitchen, figuring that's where any medical supplies were and also knowing Shannon would be pissed if her lounge got messed up with blood. "Is anyone home?" David shouted from the kitchen.

"Have you got any clue how to treat my wound, or am I going to use what little energy I have trying to do it myself or talking you through it?" James asked. Just like last week, the blood loss was causing him to turn pale and weak. He wondered if this was going to be a regular state for him, because he knew he'd never get used to this damn feeling.
Bellz Bellz

Athena Archer
tumblr_o570k0Eyrw1r5uw9do1_1280.jpg

A light chuckle left her mouth as Leo told Athena that he felt flattered and would take the fact that she chose him over her book as a compliment, telling her there would be no arguing on the fact. "Well alright." Athena said, an amused smile on her lips as she spoke. The girl listened as he told her that he agreed with her mother, suggesting that she should venture out more. Adding in that there was lots of fun to be had. "I'll try." Athena spoke.

Leo went on to say that she was actually technically meeting a fella at this current moment, adding in a light-hearted wink. Thena laughed softly, "I'll be sure to tell my mother." Athena said, jokingly.

A sad smile came across her face, "They really are amazing people. It's a shame that others have a negative perception of them." She voiced.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:

Lucy felt the cool metal of the gun in her hand, and it brought back all sort of feelings. Gianna. That was the one person who came to her mind when she held a gun. Her first kill. Pushing back the nagging thoughts in her head that she should not be killing anyone else, she knew that this was what she had to do in order to protect her family. Conor was in no shape of doing it, but he was helping more than he could possibly ever know by carrying their little brother out. "Got it Captain." Lucy said a bit nervously and gave him a salute before looking at Sinead. "Please just run okay?" She asked her before turning to look out the curtain again. Her eyes saw two of the men still in the main hall, both of their backs turned. Looking to Sinead, she nodded her head quickly..."I will tell you when." Looking at her siblings for what could be the last time, she quickly moved out from the table, staying silent.

Lucy found their driver dead on the floor and it made her gasp. Her footsteps were slow and calculating. Trying to not make a sound. But the familiar sting of glass against her bare feet crunched against the floor, echoing off the walls like someone screaming, "EASY TARGET." One of the men turned to her and she quickly hid the gun in her purse. "Well well well, what do we have here?" The masked man purred at her, eyeing Lucy like she was some sort of prize to be won. Lucy tried to hide the disgusting look on her face as she let out a little drunk laugh. Sure she was intoxicated, but not THAT intoxicated. "Looks like this little lady is in the wrong place at the wrong time hmmmm?" The other man asked before holding his gun up at her.

"I think its the right place at the right time actually.." She giggled out and walked towards the men. She could smell the alcohol on them from a mile a way. Lucy waltzed right over to the men, giggling and running a hand through her hair as she did so. "I never knew masked men could be soon.....attractive." She giggled and she watched as the men looked between each other. A low chuckle came from the one and he lowered his gun, foolishly. Men, like dogs, could be easily distracted by the thought of breeding. Leaving whatever they were doing before behind.

Lucy moved over to the men and pretended to trip right into one, but as she fell the gun came from her purse and she quickly pulled the trigger. The bullet lodged itself into the man's chest. "What the fuck!" The other man cried out before grabbing his own gun from the holster. Lucy grabbed the nearest drink off the table and threw it into the man's eyes. Turning to her siblings, she shouted, "GO NOW!"

a6775b22c0af8d2245557dbd9139022e.png

liam-hemsworth-actor-wide-hd-wallpaper-51566-53265-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Finnian had arrived before Maggie. He knew he would seeing as how he had been closer to his Aunt and Uncle's home than she. When Finn first arrived at the home, it was completely empty. No matter how hard he searched, he couldn't find anyone. He secretly wondered if his Uncle Emmett knew that they would both be arriving at the house. Finn had been upstairs when he heard shouting, asking if anyone was home. Reaching for the gun at his hip, he raised his eyebrows. "Well yea, I am...but I don't think I should disclose that just yet." He whispered to himself before slowly walking down the stairs with his gun raised. He heard other voices, a familiar male voice. He listened to them speak and realized who it was, "James?" He asked before walking into the kitchen with his gun raised, making sure that his judgement was correct before deciding to leave himself weaponless.

When he saw James, his eyes widened and he cursed under his breath. "Shit what happened?" He asked as he quickly moved into the kitchen, not even bothering to stand and listen, knowing that the man would bleed out if he didn't hurry. Looking at David, he said, "I need you to grab the other medical kit upstairs in the bathroom, and the hydrogen peroxide. Go!" Finn like his relatives was a no nonsense type of man when it came to the serious situations.

Finn moved to grab scissors, cutting James' shirt without his permission, though he was sure that he wouldn't care. A shirt was nothing compared to dying. "Looks like they hit a main artery." He examined, and moved to grab the tweezers from the medical kit, he looked at James. "This is gonna hurt, but I'm sure you already have done this before." He gave a small laugh before digging into the wound with the tweezers and pulling out a piece of the bullet. "You remember me right?" He gave James one of his famous smiles before looking back at the wound.​

James Porter

James was surprised to see Finn arrive on the scene - he didn't even know the lad was staying at the house. "Evening, Finn?" James remarked. When asked what happened, James turned to face him. "I got too friendly with a Romano bullet," he simply answered. He watched on as Finn ordered David around, taking no nonsense, like the rest of the family acted.

As Finn assessed the wound, James sighed. "Oh good. Main arteritis are my favourite..." he trailed off. When he was told it was going to hurt, James gave a simple nod. It seemed pain was his thing these days. As Finn began digging in for the bullet, James tightly clenched his fists. "Fuck..." he hissed. "Yeah, I remember you. You've still got that grin like Conor's." He took a deep breath as he realised the pain wasn't done with yet. "I hope you know what you're doing," he remarked.
Bellz Bellz

jjjj-png.348164

On Lucy's word, Conor nudged Sinead forward before he bolted for the exit, still carrying Carrick as he ran for the door. As she ran close to Conor, Sinead did look over her shoulder and saw Lucy throw a drink into the eyes of one of the men. He was holding a gun and it didn't look like the liquid in his eyes would stop him for long.

Sinead ran, but in Lucy's direction and picked up a stool from by one of the tables which she then slammed down on the man's arm, hoping to knock the gun out of his hand. "Get lost!" she screeched at him and slammed the heel of her shoe down hard on his foot. She didn't really know what she was doing, other than not leaving Lucy to deal with them by herself.
Bellz Bellz

Last edited:
Leo Davide

cfrfc-png.347786

Leo observed Athena's features as she laughed along with him. He couldn't help but think about how beautiful she was, but he was certain he was too average for a girl like that to look twice at him. Especially with so many interesting and handsome young men around the place and who she likely knew through Alex and Nicolo.

"You can tell your mother, if I can tell Vinnie I've been socialising with you. Maybe then he'll let me go back to work again without nagging me about needing to get a life," he half-joked. When Athena mentioned about the negative perceptions people had around the Romanos, he shrugged his shoulders. He understood why Vinnie's enemies felt the way they did, but to those he considered friends, Vinnie really was a generous and thoughtful man. "It's a shame Vinnie and his kids lost Gianna," he sadly noted. "But I think everyone's beginning to move forward again now, and they have us to help them out."
Lamia Lamia

Angel turned off the facet, having wiped the ash and smudge off of his face. Flicking his hands dry, he readjusted his sleeves to his wrist. He moved for his tie as he stood up to his full height. There was still a faint ringing in his ears from the explosion, but his brain had grown to ignore it.

Stepping into the room, he moved to his assigned seat. He nodded to Fortuna and Vinnie as he sat. "I need to talk to you after this." Angel said to Vinnie, leaning back in his seat.

Misty Gray Misty Gray @Maiza Avaro

Lucy had expected to see her siblings exit the building like they had planned but Sinead was waltzing her way over to the man, with a stool in her grasp. Lucy watched as she brought the stool down on the man's arm and the gun fell from his grasp. Lucy was quick to react and pulled the trigger on her gun. Unfortunately for her, the blood was not too kind to her outfit and on impact, blood shot out from the bullet hole in his face. Lucy didn't react however, knowing that her sister was very sensitive to these types of things. The ringing in her ears from the gunshot made it hard to hear, but she turned to Sinead. "Go! Lets Go!" She called out to her sister, before starting to push her towards the door.

Lucy had completely forgotten about the third man that she hadn't been able to find and as they made their way outside of the exit door, he creeped behind them grabbing Sinead by the hair. "Sinead!" Lucy cried out as the man roughly pulled her sister back and out of her grasp. Lucy raised her gun to take a shot, but the man had Sinead tight in his grasp. If she were to shoot him, she would risk shooting her sister. That did stop Lucy however as she instinctively came at the man with everything she had. "LET GO OVER HER!" She demanded as she brought the gun down on the man's skull, hoping to have pried her sister free from his grip with the force. The man let go of her almost immediately. "Sinead GO!" She told her sister while she was still bringing the gun down on the man, however, his fist connected with her face and she saw stars as she stumbled to the ground. "Looks like you've run out of options." The man chuckled before moving to corner her against the wall. She stood up slowly, pressing her back against the wall wondering if this was going to be the day she died when she suddenly remember the steak knife. Reaching for her purse, she quickly grabbed the knife before plunging it deep into the man's chest. "Now I am." She growled out before twisting the knife deeper and deeper into the man's chest watching as the blood pooled from him and soaking her own bandaged hands. Leaning in, she whispered. "Don't fuck with my family." Before pushing him off of her and watching him fall to the ground hard. She could barely hear anything due to the roaring in her one ear from the punch and ringing in her other from the gunshot, but she quickly stumbled to Sinead and towards the car.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Finn gave another one of his signature smiles to James before letting out a light laugh. "I will have you know that my smile is the original smile." He spoke, trying to keep things light despite the heaviness of the situation. James didn't have the faith in him to fix him. It was typical, the last time Finn had been around, he was merely a boy who really didn't have any exceptional skills beside stealing. But Finn grew up a lot in that amount of time and had learned a thing or two. After trying to go to medical school, he dropped out towards the end and decided that being a doctor wasn't for him. At least a regular doctor. Doing everything he could to help his family and his families partners was another thing.

"Well I would like to think those few years of intense medical school did me some good. " David walked back into the room with the rest of the medical supplies and Finn smiled at him. "Ah perfect, open it and please grab needle and thread out of there, along with a lighter from one of the drawers." He knew his family was avid when it came to smoking so there had to be one somewhere. "Alright James, i need you to bite down on this." He grabbed a cloth from one of the drawers and handed it to him. "In order to keep you from bleeding out any further, I am going to have to stitch that main artery. " He murmured. "And the needle that I am using is not your average needle so I would advise not to look."

Last edited:

jjjj-png.348164

Sinead went from being relieved at disarming the guy to being disgusted when she saw Lucy splattered in blood from shooting him. She caught a glimpse of the man's face and froze for a moment as she covered her mouth with her hand. She was suddenly reminded of finding the bloodied corpse at the Jazz Club and seeing Gianna in a pool of her own blood. When Lucy called for them to go and began pushing her towards the door, Sinead quickly nodded her head. She wasn't going to argue with getting out of there.

When the third man grabbed her by the hair and dragged her back, Sinead let out a pained scream. "Let go, you bloody ogre," she snapped at him. Even in this situation, Sinead still didn't let any profanity slip out of her mouth. She could feel her body trembling, but she was still too shocked to let herself start crying or anything. Then Lucy hit the man's skull and he loosened his grip on Sinead, allowing her to drag herself free of him. When Lucy told her to go, Sinead couldn't leave her sister, no matter how frightened she was. She gasped as she watched Lucy stab the man in the chest and twist the knife. She watched the man fall to the floor but her stare was broken when Lucy began leading her back to the car.

Conor had dumped Carrick's sleep ass in the front passenger seat and was about to venture back into the club when he saw Lucy and Sinead approaching. His eldest sister was covered in blood, but thankfully someone else's, and Sinead looked quite shaken. "Both of you get in the back of the car," he told them, giving each of his sisters a comforting hug. "Time to go home," he noted, climbing into the driver's seat. His hand was throbbing, but he would be able to drive them all home as long as he remained careful. "What happened in there?" he asked his sisters a she started the car.

"I should have just danced with him," Sinead spoke up. She ran her fingers through the back of her hair, her head sore from being dragged by her long locks.

James Porter

Untitled.png

James nodded as Finn kept the conversation going about his smile, not really making any jokes or remarks in response as he too was aware of the seriousness of the wound.

"Medical school?" James repeated, glancing to David when the man returned. "Come to think of it, I have heard someone mention your studies before," he recalled. He then took a deep breath as Finn mentioned the needle, thread and lighter. It wasn't like he was expecting an easy ride in being treated, he was just mentally preparing himself to block out as much of the pain as he could. He seemed to spend much of his life being slashed open or shot at, then stitched back together. What was one more, really?

"That's comforting," James remarked as he was handed the cloth to bite down on. Regardless, he did as he was told, being in no position to act brave or shrug his injury off. Although when Finn mentioned stitching the main artery, James removed the cloth from his mouth. "You're fucking serious? You'd better know what you're doing," he grumbled, before shoving the cloth back into his mouth. He couldn't help himself and glanced to the needle despite being told not to. He let his head drop back so he could stare at the ceiling. He was having a strong drink after this. A lot of drink.
Bellz Bellz

Athena Archer & Kanai Bronx
tumblr_o570k0Eyrw1r5uw9do1_1280.jpg
20482417_165474867332454_105999646836391936_n.jpg

Athena averted her brown eyes to Leo, a lit up smile on her face. It seemed the shy girl was beaming more when around the man. She pushed stray hairs away from her face that managed to escape from the ponytail she attempted to make. A bartender had then come over to their side of the bar.
"Would you two like another drink?" He asked.
"I'd just like water." Athena answered.
The bartender nodded, taking a glass and filling it with cold water and adding in ice cubes. He set it in front of her.
"Thank you." Athena spoke, giving a friendly smile to the bartender.

"So you two lovebirds having a good time on your date?" He asked.

Athena's ears began to turn scarlet at the question.
"Oh-um we're not on a date." Athena voiced, feeling her cheeks heat up as well.

"Oh, my mistake. You two just look like a couple." He said, giving a playful wink to the two. Oy, Athena was beet-red. With her fair complexion, it was very noticeable. Her big curls couldn't hide her face as they were currently pinned up.

Little Nai, who was finished with his food glanced at Athena.
"Thena, why is your face all red?" He asked curiously.
"Oh, no reason." Athena answered, trying to be as nonchalant possible, laughing nervously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trying to distract herself, she glanced at Leo as he spoke of telling Vinnie he's met a girl so he could get some work.

"I think that would be a great idea." Thena spoke, a small grin forming.

When Leo mentioned the loss of Gianna and what it shame it was, she lightly nodded.
Then, saying that things are moving forwards now and the two could help them out.
"Yeah. You're right." Athena replied, crossing her legs.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Vincenzo Romano

150437208277221-jpg.348405

Vinnie and Fortuna were sat in their seats at the desk when Angel arrived, sitting himself to Vinnie's left. When Angel said he needed to speak with him after the meeting, Vinnie studied his face before nodding. He got the feeling there was something serious or important on the man's mind. A short time after, Brian Dawson, the casino owner, entered the meeting room, with Albert Francis and some big lump of a man following behind him. Dawson was an of average build, usually propped up by one of his heavies, such as the big guy who had joined him. Albert was a tall and toned man, but it was the man's temper and abrasive attitude that got him by in life. Vinnie had no doubt both of Dawson's accompanying men could be easily taken down if needed. The three men all sat at the opposite side of the desk. Albert faced Angel, the brick of a man faced Fortuna, and Dawson was in the centre of the two men, facing Vinnie.

"Get to the point, Romano. We're busy people," Albert ordered, clearly not trusting Dawson to manage his own meeting.

"Yes, you looked busy out in the bar with your boyfriends," Vinnie dryly noted, practically rolling his eyes. As requested, Vinnie removed a cheque from his pocket and handed it to Dawson, followed by an A4 envelope. "I'm buying this place from you. That's my offer and I have the contract ready to be signed."

"You know where you can shove that, you fucking dirty goon!" Albert snapped at Vinnie, practically slamming his fists down on the table. "I've got guys out on the streets who will destroy you, Romano."

"The last time a man refused one of my offers, he got a bullet in his balls, bleed all over his shitty office and now his men all work for me. You're very close to having your blood used to redecorate Mr Dawson's office," he said, briefly look to Angel. "I don't think I made myself clear, I probably assumed you three had more intelligence. Mr Dawson, you can either accept my generous offer and sign the contract. Or your friend Albert and your big lump of lard friend," he said, pointing to the men sitting at either side of Dawson, "They die. Then, my friends who are currently walking around your casino, they will kill the rest of your staff. Meanwhile, you will sign the damn contract before I rip out your eyes, and you won't even get any money from me. So what's it to be? Accept my generous offer, or I take this place anyway."

"Fuck you!" Albert snapped, taking the cheque and tearing it into pieces. "You've gone mental since your wife took a bullet for you."

"Uncalled for..." Vinnie commented, his voice eerily calm considering the asshole had decided to mention Gianna. Really, he was furious but hiding it too well. "Angel, Fortuna. Mr Dawson needs to think about my offer without his two friends distracting him. "Can you get rid of Albert and this other big mess?" he asked. Clearly, he wasn't asking for the two men to be escorted out of the room. The messier, the better, if he was going to change Dawson's mind. Vinnie brought his gun into view, prepared for any one of them to draw their own weapons.
Enzyme Enzyme @Maiza Avaro

Last edited:

Lucy was so focused on getting her sister out of danger and into the car that the shock of her plunging a knife into someone hadn't taken effect yet. She slid into the back seat with Sinead and shut the door quickly before Conor turned to them, she could barely hear him over the roaring in her right ear but she could read his lips. "Some assholes don't know when to give up....all three are dead." She told her brother a bit too loudly, unable to even hear herself speak. Lucy reached up and rubbed her ear lightly and that's when she noticed the blood. "Fuck." She cursed and cupped her ear lightly. Lucy looked to her sister and saw her lips moving, the ringing in her left ear was dimmed now so she could sorta hear what she was saying. Well, she didn't like the words that came from her sisters lips.

"Don't you ever say that again." Lucy said in a hoarse voice. "This is not your fault Sinead, that guy was clearly looking for a fight and he got one." She would have reached over and stroked her sisters hair, but the blood that stained her hands prevented her from doing so. "That asshole deserved every single moment of what happened back there and so did his goons."

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Finn laughed slightly and nodded his head. "I know what I am doing." He told him as James placed the cloth back in his mouth. Finn didn't miss the man peeking at the needled despite him warning that it was a bad idea. The look on his face looked a bit intimidated as he let his head drop to stare at the ceiling. That's when Finn got to work. He spent sometime just cleaning the wound at first and making sure that all the pieces of the bullet were removed from his shoulder. If left behind he could get gravely ill from an infection. After all pieces were cleared. He took the needle and held it over the flame of the lighter.

Finn had to work quickly as the man was still bleeding more than he should be. Grabbing the thread, he quickly got to work and began sewing the main artery. Finn's hands were still and steady, easily sewing up the artery in about 10 minutes. Cleaning the area once more, he then moved to sew up the bullet hole on the skin. That part was the easiest and in his opinion the most painless part.

After cleaning off his skin once more, Finn nodded his head in satisfaction at his work before grabbing the bandages and making sure to wrap his shoulder. "All done." He announced. "But you will have to minimize the movement in you shoulder for a few days, give the stitches some time to take effect and we will have to figure out a way to get a blood transfusion in here..."

Leo Davide

cfrfc-png.347786

When the bartender asked about drinks, Leo let Athena order hers before he asked for another beer for himself. He would have offered to pay for Athena's drink, had she asked for more than water. He quite liked that she didn't seem to drink alcohol - not because she was cheap to take out for drinks, but because most ladies in bars tended to enjoy drinking alcohol. He liked that she was different from most.

Leo couldn't help but blush and laugh when the bartender referred to them as lovebirds and asked about their date. Whilst he would love to take her on a date, the comment managed to catch him off-guard as he wasn't sure this was a date, especially as she'd brought Nai with her. Besides, Athena confirmed to the man they weren't on a date.

Once the bartender had gone, Nai asked Athena why she had gone red, which caused Leo to chuckle. "It's quite warm in here, isn't it?" he said, trying to help Athena out a little. He made eye-contact with Athena and sent her a warm smile. Perhaps he would invite her on a proper date one evening, though he wouldn't ask her in front of the boy and embarrass her more.

Lamia Lamia

jjjj-png.348164

When Lucy told him the three men were dead, Conor nodded his head and turned back to look to the steering wheel. He couldn't believe he'd let her go and kill three people, especially after how she felt after killing Gianna. Perhaps he really wasn't a suitable heir to his father's business. Despite his many crimes and violent acts, he had never killed anyone, as far as he was aware. Yet here Lucy was, no doubt burdened with three more deaths to her name. "We'll be home soon, ladies," he told them as he started the car and set off. He was aware Lucy seemed to be bleeding so she would need tending to at home.

When Lucy told her it wasn't her fault, Sinead quickly nodded her head. "I know he was trying to cause trouble. It just turned out so...." she began, but never finished her sentence. "I'm just glad I got a slap him. Plus, I knocked the gun out of that other guy's hand an stamped his on the foot. That felt kind of good," she said, trying to just talk so they didn't have to think too seriously. "Are you okay, Luce?" she asked, gently cupping her sister's cheek in her hand.

When he pulled up in the driveway, Conor parked alongside James' car, curious to see the bloody hand prints on one of the back windows. Perhaps James' night was equally interesting, explaining why he wouldn't let Conor in on what he was up to. Conor walked around to the passenger side, opened the door and slammed it shut again, before reopening it. "Wake up, Carrick, else you're sleeping in the car tonight. I'm not carrying you again," he playfully yelled at his brother.

James Porter

untitled-png.349293

James breathed through his nose as Finn got to work on his gunshot wound. Despite the pain, James was able to keep any reactions under control as he'd had enough practice in the past. Finn was lucky to have such a good patient as there was no doubt most others would have been squirming in their seat throughout. Once the artery was sewn and it looked like Finn was getting to work on stitching up the skin, James removed the cloth from his mouth so he could breathe properly. He was by now used to having his skin sewn back up, despite never being able to forget the memories of how he'd come to acquire the scars.

James was glad when Finn started to bandage him up, at least the wound seemed to be fixed up fine and he wouldn't have to sit around in the kitchen too much longer. When Finn told him he'd have to minimise movement in his shoulder, he nodded his head. "Luckily I'm a good shot with both hands," he noted, suggesting he wasn't down for complete rest. When Finn mentioned needing to get a blood transfusion, James almost shrugged his shoulder right then, but reminded himself that would probably hurt. "Is that necessary?" he asked. He wasn't in the best state for thinking of ideas, so he wasn't sure what else to suggest. "Don't you have any medical friends who can do over a hospital?" he sort of joked. "Or you could just pump some vodka into my veins. That's what I need right now..." he trailed off. He was going to stumble off to sit on one of the comfortable sofas, but remembered he was still kind of covered in blood so didn't want to ruin Mrs Sullivans upholstery.

At that moment, James heard noises coming from outside and turned his head towards the kitchen door, wondering who was home .
Bellz Bellz

((This is my 2000th post!))

Last edited:
Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

giphy (1).gif

Angel sat at the table, reclined in his seat. A waitress moved about the meeting, taking drink requests. Angel raised his finger to catch the waitresses attention, during the loud dispute between Vinnie and Albert. After placing in an order for a Bloody Mary, he waited patiently with his fingers crossed. His eyes remained on the center of the table, almost as if he was tuning out the argument. His drink arrived just in time, as Vinnie brandished his gun. Vinnie showing his gun caused everyone in the room to quickly go for their firearms as well. Angel remained in his seat, sipping the Blood Mary. Pulling out the celery, he took a large chomp off the back. "Look, gentlemen," Angel said with a mouthful of celery, "There's two things that can happen here. We can all reenact a western shootout until everyone's full of holes, or we can relax, put away our guns, and discuss terms."

Angel continued to sip on the Bloody Mary, reclined in his chair. "Mr. Dawson, it's quiet obvious you don't want to accept our offer, despite our kindness to you and your establishment. As for you," Angel, still as calm as can be, motioned his drink to Albert, "You disrespected my boss, a very kind man, beyond belief. I will not forget that, and i'll make sure you won't either." Angel looked back to Brian, "We'll give you sometime to reconsider. If you do, you know who to call." He stood up, finishing up the Bloody Mary. Smiling to the waitress, he put the empty glass on the platter. Angel then tipped his hat to the gentlemen, Fortuna, and the waitress, before stepping out of the room.

Misty Gray Misty Gray @Maiza Avaro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back