• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kate Henderson

scarlett_johansson-jpg.346729

Kate didn't immediately start eating the food Luca had served, instead letting him respond to what she had told him. She nodded along as she explained what his intentions were. "I understand, Luca. Emmet is busy trying to keep things afloat and make sure there's enough backup against the Romanos. If you can get these weapons, it will help the Sullivans whilst leaving Vinnie with a loss of assets," she agreed. "With Conor still out of action and James recovering, you'll need others to help you," she nodded. She then took a bite of her food, chewing and then swallowing. "You know I won't say anything, Luca. It's not my place to and I know you're just looking out for the family."
@IIIREXIIIARCHERIIIII

James Porter

untitled-png.346544

"Lucy, you shouldn't feel guilty about this. You are a good sister, you're just angry. You're entitled to be pissed off with him for what he's done, just don't shut him out completely. Personally, I think he needed a slap - anything to knock some sense into him. You've got it out of your system now, so we can try approach this a different way, okay?"

James returned Lucy's kiss and nodded. "You're welcome," he replied. "I'll swing by my place so we can get Lady and not leave Conor by himself." He took her hand and inspected it. "And we'll tend to your hand back home too," he said, giving the skin a gentle kiss.

Conor sat in the back of the car, the tears continuing to roll down his cheeks as he felt like he was being torn apart. He knew he loved Alex, but he also loved his family. Even if Lucy truly hated him, he could never stop loving her. The thought of not being able to see Sinead and Carrick made him feel hollow. Then there was the fact his dad would flat out reject him and he'd never have his mother teasing him again. He was going to lose everyone and it was destroying him. Now he really did believe it would have been better had Vinnie just finished the job.

"Alright, Conor," James suddenly spoke up as he got into the car. "We're all going home," he told him. Conor looked awful, but James put it down to all of the drama just now.
Bellz Bellz

c6ff97f282e8a8c8327d3f15262ab317.png

am%2Bbit%2Bupset%2Bsad%2Bidk%2Bpretty.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy smiled softly as James returned the kiss, it didn't meet her eyes however, for she was still upset and distraught that she had treated her own brother that way. Something was definitely changing about her and she wasn't sure if it was for the better. Looking at her bleeding hand as he gently kissed it, she sighed softly. He was too good for her. Lucy followed James back to the car but hesitated to get in. She saw the tears coming from her brother eyes and her heart shattered into a million pieces. As she got into the car, she didn't say a word. What could she say? She had just slapped him and punched the girl he loved. Surely he was upset with her as well now.

Staying quiet, she just looked out the window as James started the car and drove off towards his place to pick up Lady. She glanced at Conor from the side mirror and she wanted to just take all of this away from him. It was her fault that he was even tortured in the first place, Vinnie would have never gone after him or James if it hadn't been for her. Maybe she was hurting more than helping. Maybe it was time to removed herself from it all. Her family was her world, and she didn't want to see them like this.​

original.gif

The longer Alex sat there the more she crumbled. She didn't know what she was expecting but when she heard a car pull off she knew that Conor had gone. She felt like she had been sucked into a dark hole and all she wanted was to go home and hug her mother, but she knew that wasnt possible. Her mind went back to that night in the ballroom, she knew something was wrong that night and yet she brushed it off, if she had of acted sooner then her mother would still be alive and Alex wouldn't be a cause in her death. Tears streamed down Alex's cheeks as she sobbed. She didnt have her mother, Alena or Gio to return home too and knew that she would be going home to an empty house, if she went home, that was. Alex closed her eyes as she tried to calm her breathing but she couldn't stop the sobs coming out, Alex had well and truly broken. She needed Conor, but he had already left. When Conor was with her, Alex had felt the happiest she had in weeks but now because he was gone and the way he had left, it had set her back worse than before. She knew she loved Conor and he loved her, but why did toxic vibes seem to find her everywhere she went, it was her fault that Lucy slapped him and fought with him, it was her fault that he had been captured and worse of all she wasnt quick enough to save her mother. Maybe she should have gone to Italy? Maybe Conor would be better off without her?. The thought broke Alex's heart even more and she didnt know if there was any more of it left to break. Alex took a few shaky breaths before getting to her feet, she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand before wiping the blood that was coming from her nose. She didnt know where she was going but all she knew was she was going somewhere she could drink all the feelings and thoughts away. Alex carelessly walked down the streets, she didnt care who was lurking and she didnt care what.could happen. Alex made her way down the street and walked for a while, the tears were slowly coming to a stop but she knew that it was only a matter of time before they started again. She just felt like an empty shell and due to the emotional trauma, the pain in her face was only a dull ache. Alex turned into a random bar and made her way to the bar without looking around, she wasnt looking for anyone and nor did she care who there. She ordered a triple vodka before sitting down at the bar knowing that if she moved to a booth she would be making a lot of trips for more drinks.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz
Lamia Lamia BlueHawk BlueHawk Misty Gray Misty Gray shes in the bar ye are in

Conor Sullivan and James Porter

fa0da2e29ff7453afea05e15a9e674bf-jpg.345303
untitled-png.346544

As James drove, he kept glancing to Lucy and sending her reassuring smiles. He'd expected this to all come out, but just not so soon after what had happened the previous week. He hoped Lucy and Conor could move past this, but wasn't sure how much input he could have in it. James pulled up outside his house and rushed out of the car so he could get Lady, leaving the two siblings alone in the car for a short time.

Conor opened his eyes and looked towards the back of the seat Lucy was sat in, unable to see her face from where he was. "You're right, I betrayed the family and I should leave. I'll pack some things when we get home and leave as soon as James isn't around." His voice sounded weak and detached. "I didn't mean to hurt anyone. I just ended up falling for her," he added.
Bellz Bellz

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy appreciated the reassuring smiles from James and if her mind wasn't somewhere else she would have smiled in return. But she was ashamed of the person she was becoming and realized that it was a huge mistake to ever get involved. When James left the car, she didn't speak, but listened as Conor did. Her heart broke hearing those words. "I understand...what its like to fall for someone Conor." She murmured to him without really meaning to, not caring now if she revealed her little secret to him. "But falling is something that takes time, and you need to be able to trust the person you are with..." She slowly turned around and faced him, the street lamp dimly lit the car and she could see the mess that was her brother.

"It was wrong of me to say those things to you, you are my brother and I love you so much...I just don't want to see you get hurt..at the hands of those people." She was including Alex into the bunch, for she felt that she was just using her brother for some sort of sick twisted plan. "Vinnie hurt you to hurt me...I fucked you up baby brother..." She murmured softly. "And I don't know what's come over me, but this isn't the person that I am...or want to be. If anyone should leave, it really should be me. Everything I touch feels pain...I'm so sorry I failed you." She fought the tears that formed in her eyes and swallowed the lump in her throat. She honestly felt like she should leave, at least for a while. She created these serious problems and now she had to set them straight.

Conor Sullivan

Conor listened to Lucy's words and sighed. "Neither of us wanted to cause any trouble. We both wished our families didn't hate each other and then our feelings would be accepted." He shook his head. "We just forgot about business and wars when we were together. We both understood what it was like to live in this kind of world. It was our escape and I guess we somehow hoped it would all work out in the end. I know it won't change anything or make it okay in anyone else's eyes, but I'm just trying to explain why it happened."

Conor fell silent for a time trying to push through how awful he felt physically. "I think I'd have been angry too had I seen you with a Romano. But don't you dare blame yourself for what happened to me. I'd been pissing Vinnie off for weeks and it was only a matter of time before he reacted. I still blame myself for him targeting Sinead. She'd still be happily doing her own thing and living in her own place if I hadn't prodded at Vinnie. We've both made mistakes, Lucy. You haven't failed anyone and you can't leave. They all need you at home, sis."
Bellz Bellz

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy smiled lightly but shook her head. "Oh I'm sure you would all be just fine without me." She murmured. It was hard for Lucy to not blame herself for what happened to her brother and James. But Conor reassured her slightly, she was sure that it didn't help his case any. Clearing her throat she looked back at her brother, "I suppose...I can keep this a secret from everyone else." She murmured lightly and bit her lip. James would be furious with her that she was basically giving her brother the okay to continue to see the bitch, but she couldn't stand seeing her brother like this any longer. He had just as much of a right to be happy as she did. She didn't have the power to control him like this, and she decided that it would ruin her relationship with him if she tried.

It wasn't something she agreed with, for her hatred for the brunette ran deep, but she would simply look the other way if Conor were to go see her. It was none of her business what he did with her, he would have to suffer the consequences. "I think...I am trying to hard to protect everyone from themselves...that I've stopped protecting my own self." She spoke honestly to her brother. "God I am just like mother...." She laughed and shook her head. "Poor James is probably trying to escape now."​

untitled-png.346544

Conor nodded as Lucy said she was going to keep his secret. He knew it wasn't a free pass to go off sneaking all the time, not now others knew. He knew he had to start focusing on business again. But he also knew he needed Alex and the affection, the happy escape they shared. "Thank you, Lucy." He sighed. "You do need to look after yourself and you also need to stay with us. "You and mum are needed to keep the rest of us idiots in line." Conor still managed a faint smile when she mentioned James. "He's not going anywhere. I saw how he looked at you this morning when you were pretending not to smoke. If he hasn't already confessed, I'd say he's got the hots for you."

James soon returned to the car, opening the door and passing Lady to Lucy before getting into the driver's seat. He was oblivious to the two siblings having spoken, so he just kept his mouth shut as he drove home.

Once parked up in the Sullivan driveway, James got out of the car and was approached by David who mentioned he'd got some fireworks and asked if they were getting a van for tomorrow night's job. "No van, just load the stuff into my car. We're not bringing anything back with us." James hadn't had chance to tell Lucy about his next job yet and right now he figured there were more pressing matters.

As soon as Conor got into the house, he slumped down into the nearest sofa and pulled his knees into his chest. His head was aching and spinning, and he felt quite nauseous.
Bellz Bellz

Last edited:

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy nodded lightly and laughed. She really never thought of it that way, but she did have a way of keeping everyone in check, much like her own mother did. Half the time she didn't even realize she was doing it, but Conor said that her family needed her, and so she would stay. She smiled softly as Conor talked about how James had looked at her this morning. Little did he know that they were officially together and head over heels for one another. "You think so?" She asked in a slightly teasing tone before the car door opened and the conversation came to a close.

Lucy cooed to the pup as James handed her to move, she placed Lady in her lap and cuddled with her until she fell asleep in her arms, much like a baby, on her back. Once home, Lucy got out of the car still holding a tired pooch as she heard the conversation between James and David. She didn't say anything though as she walked towards the house. Her eyes followed her brother as he moved to the couch and pulled his knees up to his chest.

Setting a sleeping lady down next to her brother, she moved into the kitchen to grab him water and something for the nausea, she could see it in his face that he wasn't feeling well. Grabbing a glass, she filled it with water before grabbing medication from the cabinet. Walking back into the living room, she sat down gently beside Lady and handed her brother the water. "Take this."​

Rita noticed the guy that she was looking at before, she wasn't really surprised at his horrible pickup line but took it anyway as more of a joke. She flashed him a smile "the question is, what if it is not free?" She smirked a bit, she didn't really want him to respond and looked at the chair. "It's free." She gestured to it and noticed his supposed friend smiling at the guy. She fixed her hair a bit and continued facing the front and not the guy that she had guessed was interested in her which she couldn't blame him. Although part of her was annoyed because she didn't know his name and couldn't hear much of their conversation beforehand.
(Sorry, been really busy and had a sports carnival today)

Conor Sullivan

Conor glanced down to the sleeping puppy beside him. He would have stroked the dog, but right now he felt everyone around him was suffering, so he'd hate to spread his curse onto the poor puppy. When Lucy returned with the water and tablets, Conor gladly accepted them, knocking the pills back as he drank the full contents of the glass. "I'm sorry I shut you out. I didn't want to burden you or anyone else in this house. You're all so used to me being positive and joking around, but I haven't felt much like that. I don't even know who I am right now. There's things from that night I can't even remember and then there's other memories that won't go away. I feel so weak and if I don't get my strength back, I'm as good as useless to this family anyway." He shook his head. "I didn't want any of you guys worrying about me, not with everything else that's going on."

By now, James had entered the house and was sitting quietly across from them, but he wouldn't speak up unless he felt he needed to.

Bellz Bellz

Leo Davide

untitled-png.346156

Leo took another drink from his pint as he spoke with Athena and Isaac. He glanced ahead to see Nicolo was now sitting with Rita. He couldn't believe how much confidence he had with women - Leo was nowhere near as forward. As he turned his head back to face the others, Alex caught his eye as she sat at the bar. She looked upset and possibly even hurt. "Hold that thought," he told Athena and Isaac as he got up from their table, but when he realised Athena was going to get up, he nodded and let her go to Alex. The girls were like sisters and he figured Alex might want a little privacy.

Leo figured he could continue his conversation with Athena about the book later. He looked back to Isaac and shrugged. It was probably business causing Alex trouble, it always was. "Get yourself a normal job, Isaac. It's much less stress," he half-joked.

neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia BlueHawk BlueHawk

Last edited:
Athena Archer

9a7a7ec125dc650a3173d104fa89301c.jpg

Athena watched as Leo went to get himself and Issac beer, which didn't take very long as he was back in a matter of minutes. There was a little sparkle in her eye as he showed enthusiasm about hearing about the book she was reading. A small happy smile formed before she spoke.

"Well, it's about this detective called Darwin who takes a case. He has to solve the murder of a billionaire and he thinks that his wife committed the murder because she may have wanted his fortune. He's also keeping his eye out on his close friends too. So far, he has suspected his enemies, close friends, and wife. On the page I left on, Darwin was investigating the scene of the crime again and everything finally starting to come together when-" Athena stopped mid-sentence when a very familiar face met her eyes. It was Alex, the girl she called her sister.

The girl had made her way to the bar. Her face was tearful and she just looked rough. "Alex?" Athena mumbled. Alexandra was not far from where she and the boys were. Thena was becoming a little worried for the other young woman, what happened? She bit her bottom lip, eyes reflecting concern.

"Oh, um can guys just wait for just a second?" Athena spoke. But it seemed at the same time, Leo spoke up too, he was tarted to get up but stopped.

"What happened Alex?" She inquired, very worried for her friend. Alex's eyes were teary and she looked hurt. What could have possibly happened to the girl she called sister? Athena sat down besides Alex.

neverbackdown neverbackdown
Misty Gray Misty Gray
BlueHawk BlueHawk

Last edited:

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy listened to her brothers words with a frown. He didn't want to be a burden to the family, and it really made her feel sick that he felt that way. "Conor." Lucy's voice was strained from the yelling she had done earlier and she cleared it lightly looking at James briefly before looking back at her brother.

"Well whether you like to think it or not, we are always worried about you even on your best days." She informed her younger brother before sighing. "It's not healthy to bottle it in like that Conor, James and I were both there...we understand what went on, I saw it with my own eyes...." She swallowed the thick feeling in her throats and drew in a shaky breath. She understood where her brother came from...the conversation gave her slight anxiety.

"If you let this get the best of you then you will be useless...but," she lifted a hand a moved a strand of hair from his forehead. "I know my baby brother and you don't let make you feel that way...even me." She said the tone of her voice was that of guilt.

Isaac
Isaac held his beer, taking periodic sips while listening to Athena explain about her book. It sounded kinda cheesy to him, but Athena seemed enthusiastic about it so Isaac listened. It was then that Alex came in, Isaac recognized her immediately as Vinnie's daughter. He watched as she silently cried at the bar with her drinks in hand. "Somebody had a rough night." Isaac muttered quietly to Athena and Leo.

Athena got up and approached Alex, Isaac watching her with a shrug. They seemed so close. Weird for a club singer and a crime bosses daughter. Isaac almost missed Leo's comment due to how intently he was watching the two, but when he caught it he let out a quick laugh. "It pays a hell of a lot less too." Isaac said jokingly, turning his full attention back to Leo. "I'm not cut out for real work." Isaac said, letting out a sigh and returning to his beer.
Lamia Lamia neverbackdown neverbackdown Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

Conor nodded his head as Lucy spoke. "I figured you both suffered enough that night to hear the details of all the shit that's going on inside my head," he admitted. "And I didn't want dad to think I wasn't coping. I can tell he's stressed and he's always away trying to sort shit out for us. Everything is chaotic and he doesn't deal with disorder, so I just wanted him to think I wasn't so affected by this."

As Lucy continued to talk to reassure him and pushed some loose hair back from his forehead, he bit his lip as he tried to stop himself from crying. Upon hearing the guilt in Lucy's voice, Conor stop holding back and allowing the tears to stream down his face. He placed a brotherly arm around her and pulled her in close. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have shut you out. You have nothing to fell bad about," he told her. Conor remembered Lucy wasn't the only sister he'd probably upset. "I feel terrible. Sinead kept trying to help me and I turned her away too. I just saw that smile on her face and I didn't want to drag her down with me. I could see she was hurt that I'd asked her to go, but I thought I was doing her a favour too." Conor shook his head. "I wish we could just go back to the days when the four of us would just muck around," he said, referring to him and his siblings.

Bellz Bellz

Misty Gray Misty Gray
When her brother wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her in close, she leaned head on his shoulder and wrapped an arm around him front of his chest. She hated seeing him so upset and it was killing her. "Shhhh" She whispered soothingly. It was hard for her siblings to go through all of this, she understood that. And her parents were always way too busy to be much emotional help. And in that moment, Lucy realized her worth within this family. Her parents were busy protecting the family and making sure everything ran smoothly, and here she was doing the most important part of parenting, comforting and supporting.

A small smile played on her lips as Conor revealed that he wished the four of them could muck around like they use when they were younger. She had always enjoyed those times with her siblings and cherished each moment. "I know its easy to wish that Conor, but we are all still here for you..and we want to spend time with you. Unfortunately, we are getting to the point in our lives where we are no longer able to do those things, we are not children anymore but at the age to where if we really wanted to, could have our own." Her eyes moved to James for a moment, wondering what he thought of all of this.

"I don't want to be heir of this business, I realize now that this isn't what I want for myself. You have worked too hard towards it for you to just fuck it up now."​

untitled-png.346544

James continued to remain silent as Conor and Lucy spoke, not entirely sure if he should even be listening in on the siblings' conversation. When Lucy mentioned about children and looked towards him, James' eyes widened at the thought. He smirked slightly and gave Lucy a simple wink. He then cleared his throat and looked to Conor. "I'll play hide and seek with you, mate," he remarked. "As for heir to the business, Emmet and Shannon have plenty of fight left in them for some time. There's plenty of time for you lot to get your heads together and evolve from this. Besides, we all know Carrick is secretly planning to take over everything," he joked.

"Ah fuck, now I know my head is screwed. James is joking and offering to play games. I'm hallucinating," Conor remarked, not being used to James being anything other than serious and to the point. "Jesus, I don't think anyone is ready for miniature versions of me to be running around." He shook his head as his speech became a little lazy and he closed his eyes. "I'll try make things right, Lucy, I'll..." he began, but trailed off before his head fell against the soft back of the sofa and he fell fast asleep.

"I'm not carrying him to bed!" James quickly spoke up.
Bellz Bellz

tumblr_inline_n03cceWgQA1rg5w1l.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy smiled at James' wink and let him speak. Smiling at he suggested playing hide and seek with Conor. It was laughable to imagine two grown men playing hide and seek and she had to cover her mouth to keep from laughing loudly. But when James mentioned that Carrick was secretly going to take over she couldn't contain it. Not that she didn't believe her youngest brother would be good at running the family business, but he was basically still an infant in her eyes. She was very protective of him.

Conor thought he was hallucinating and that made Lucy raise an eyebrow. James never talked with Conor like this, did there always have to be alcohol involved for them to get into conversation like this. At this moment it didn't reign true, but Conor was clearly surprised by James' playful behavior. "Hey you make me an aunty then I would love those kids to death, but you are right they would be a handful." She murmured before watching him fall asleep as he promised that he would try and make things right.

The Silence was followed by James stating he wouldn't be carrying him up the stairs and Lucy let out a giggle. "No need, Lady will keep him company down here." She murmured before standing and moving to grab a blanket for her brother before lightly draping it over his sleeping for and pressing a kiss to his forehead.

Turning to James she offered him a light smile, "Didn't scare you with the kid talk did I?" She asked him, moving a strand of hair behind her ear.​

James Porter

untitled-png.346544

James smiled as Lucy said Lady would keep Conor company and she draped the blanket over her brother. After what had just happened, the sight was a relief to him. Conor had messed up and he wasn't happy about catching him with Alex. But he was just grateful he'd managed to stop Conor and Lucy from both walking away from each other whilst out on the street. The damage could have been irreparable had they not talked things through this evening. He might not be related to the Sullivans, but not matter what, he didn't believe anyone should walk away and be forced away from the family. As far as James was concerned, that's exactly what Vinnie would want - for the family to break apart and become weak.

Lucy then turned to James and asked him if she'd scared him by talking about kids. He quickly shook his head as he got to his feet so he was on Lucy's level. "No, of course not. It took me by surprise, but it didn't scare me," he told her. "I'm not sure if I'd be up to scratch, but you'd be an amazing mother." As he spoke he reached out and gently squeezed her shoulder.
Bellz Bellz

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy smiled at James widely as he told her that she would be an amazing mother. "As long as I learn to balance my work and personal life." She added taking a jab at her own parents. Not that she blamed them for things, but their kids needed them now more than ever and here Lucy was stepping in as acting mother and father. "And I think you would be a great father James, don't let yourself think you wouldn't be." Lucy sighed softly at the thought of settling down and having her own family. It wasn't something that crossed her mind often for she never had someone in her life that she cared so much for. It was nice to indulge in that thought.

"It would be selfish to bring a child into a world like this." She spoke to James almost sadly. Looking towards Conor again, she sighed softly. "He better not get any ideas after I said that." Talking about Alex now, the last thing they needed was for her to somehow get knocked up, she couldn't even imagine the reaction from both sides.​

James Porter
untitled-png.346544

"Your parents might be too preoccupied right now, but they must have done something right. You, Conor, Sinead and Carrick - you're all good people. James shrugged his shoulders when Lucy said it would be selfish to have a child. "Then you change the world you bring a child into," he simply remarked. Most people had normal lives away from gangs. If she really wanted children he saw no reason why she couldn't bring them up in a different world. He let out a relieved laugh when she mentioned about Conor not getting any ideas. "Well, unless it's already happened, I'd say there's no chance of him getting Alex pregnant now. He'll get over her and find someone else. He's never been short of admirers," he reassured Lucy. As far as James was aware, this was the end of Conor's relationship with Alex. Now he'd been caught out he couldn't carry on seeing the Romano girl.​
Bellz Bellz

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy was surprised by James optimism and desperately wished her own mind would think that way. But with everything that had gone one Lucy was afraid to try and live a normal life."That's an awfully big task for a woman, trying to change the world she grew up in..."She thought out loud, not completely rejecting what he said. As easy as it sounded to separate a family of her own from the dramas of her family business, she knew it could never be that simple. And she hoped on some level James understood that. Especially if they end up starting a family together, he still worked for the Sullivans and was a big part of the operations that were carried through for them. And it didn't help that she had made herself known in the eyes of Vinnie, for she was sure that the man was not going to stop until Lucy was completely broken.

But, James had a point, she couldn't really live in fear. If she did, what kind of a life would that be? Looking over at her brother's sleeping form and Lady cuddled up beside him made her smile, but she knew her brother well. "We just need to keep a close eye on him for now, I don't trust either of them to stay away from each other....if they love each other like they say. I mean, would you be able to stay away from me if the tables were turned?" She questioned softly, sympathetic that the first girl that Conor had truly fallen in love with was a Romano.​

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

tumblr_mvphj0jFSS1seputeo3_250.gif Even though Sinead was gone, the night was still young. Angel ended up wandering back into the heart of Chicago, for his alcoholic tendencies weren't yet quenched. It didn't take much trekking, as a bar's near-by-sign drew Angel in like a moth to a fire. He was somewhat familiar with the joint, as he were with the majority of the bars in town. Sending open the doors, he was instantly greeted by the lively atmosphere that he craved so much. He strolled down to the bar, placing in an order for a White Russian.

He pleasantly sipped on his beverage, tapping his feet against the floor to the sound of the jazz. His favorite part about drinking alone was people watching, so as usual, he scanned across the crowd. His eyes passed Alex, before flying back to her. "Huh, that's odd." Alex wasn't one to bar hop, but Angel didn't question it. It was only on further inspection that her nose appeared to be a deep purple. He instantly shot to his feet, leaving his drink behind. "Alex?" he asked, his voice unable to mask the concern.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

(Also in the bar)
Lamia Lamia
BlueHawk BlueHawk

Sinead Sullivan and James Porter

giphy.gif ezgif-4-1b1a33540a.gif

Sinead had walked the rest of the way home once she'd parted ways with Angel. The cold air didn't really bother her as she happily walked along the street. She couldn't help but think back to how this used to be normal for her - though it was walking back to her own apartment after a night out with her friends. As much as she loved her family, she missed having her own place and not being afraid to let her friends hang out there with her. As she walked up the driveway, she noticed David and another guy loading James' car, but really didn't want to know what stunt they were up to now. Instead, she headed straight in the house, not even reaching the outside doorstep before she pulled her shoes off of her aching feet.

"You'd think of something, Lucy. If you wanted to have a child so much, you would make the changes needed. If it happened that you were still putting up with me and we wanted a family, I would make changes too," he assured her. He nodded as Lucy said they would need to keep an eye on Conor. "I wouldn't get mixed up with a Romano in the first place... But of course I wouldn't be able to stay away from you, Lucy. I understand what you're saying and I know Conor had gone and fallen in love with her." James felt bad for Conor, but he was still trying to get past the fact the lad was in love with a Romano. To brush that family off of his mind, he place his hands on Lucy's shoulders and was about to lean in to kiss her when he was sure he heard the front door close. He quickly took his hands away from Lucy's shoulders and smirked as he turned to see who was approaching the lounge.

"Well, this is random," Sinead commented, grinning at seeing James and Lucy standing around whilst Conor was spark out on the couch with Lady curled up by him. "Are you okay, Lucy?" she asked and gave her sister a hug. Sinead wasn't asking for any specific reason, other than because she knew the three people around her had been through shit lately and she just hoped her sister was feeling better. "Why is Conor sparko on the couch?" She kind of hoped he was drunk rather than still unwell.
Bellz Bellz

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy was comforted by James' words, but frowned when he said 'if she was still putting up with him.' She would definitely have to change his perspective on how she saw him. She never felt like she had to put up with him. Her head turned back to James and smiled as he placed his hands on her shoulder and was about to lean in for a kiss, but the front door opened and he quickly backed off. Frowning, Lucy looked to see who interrupted their moment but the smile returned to her face when she saw her baby sister.

"Sinead!" She said a little to excitedly and smiled even wider, hugging her sister in return before pulling away after a moment. "I'm more than okay." She said and couldn't help but look at James, but she tried to pass it off as if she were just briefly glancing at him before looking at Conor. "Oh he is okay, just a little drunk and tired is all luv, nothing to worry about." Lucy said this with ease, and she would have to lie to her sister to keep Conor's secret.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back