• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Leo Davide
chase.png
When Leo entered the Fox's Den, he went straight to the bar to order himself a pint of beer. He told the barmaid to let Danel know he was asking about him and in return he was told Alena was waiting in a booth. After getting his drink, he carried over to where he'd been told Alena was sitting. When he saw she was on her own, he smiled and sat opposite her in the booth. "Well, you look amazing, Lena. Perhaps we should be heading somewhere a little fancier later with you looking a million dollars," he complimented her. He then drank a little of his beer. "Where are the others? What is it with those lightweights?" he joked. He had hoped to catch up with Lloyd and Giorgio, not that his present company wasn't enough of a treat.

sprouhtt sprouhtt Foxy Foxy Mooriot Mooriot Maxilgal Maxilgal

Vincenzo Romano

"Hello, Fortuna," Arnold awkwardly replied and watched as she began going through her hand bag. When she removed a dagger and held it in view, he shuffled in his seat. Then she asked if he had something to tell her. He glanced to Vinnie before looking back to her and shaking his head. "I don't believe so. What is this?" he asked.

Meanwhile, Vinnie remained silent as he leaned forward to grab the bottle of whiskey and pour some into a glad. He then casually sat back in his seat and began drinking the alcohol. Anyone would be excused for thinking there was nothing sinister going around in Vinnie's mind. Right now he was happy to sit back and watch Fortuna deal with Arnold in her own way.

Ineptitude Ineptitude

e1ec5a55a6010f60220254034c1f9b1e.jpg
Interaction: Misty Gray Misty Gray
Mentioned: N/A
Actions: Sitting down in a booth at the Foxes Den

Alena hated the feeling of getting stood up, not as in a date-wise. Just as soon as Alena was about to get out of the booth she was in, she heard a familiar voice. She looked up and saw that it was Leo. Alena felt relieved that he got here. "Hi," Alena said to him. "I really didn't know what to wear, this dress is pretty old." Alena told him with a slight chuckle. Alena is a designer by heart, and she has a passion for making clothes. Everything that she has in her closet, she made them. The therapist suggested that she should take her mind off of the whole incident that happened by doing something that will always keep her busy. Alena has made one hundred or more dresses that is to her liking. "Thank you Leo, you always seem to know the right words to say." She said to him as she watched him drink his liquid. Alena was curious as to what it was,"Is that apple juice?" She asked him as she tilted her head slightly.

Alena let out a soft chuckle when he called them lightweights,"Hold that right there because later on you might call me a lightweight as well." She said to him. "Do you think I could try one?" She asked him as she waited for his response.

Luca had been by the side of his car, have his usual cigar before going inside the pub before he turned to look at Kate as she walked toward him, looking beautiful as always. He had nodded at Kate when she had told him to join her, before going back to the task of finishing his cigar. Sure he could hsf thrown it out but had decided against it, mostly because it wasn't in his nature to not finish one.

Just as Luca was about to head toward the pub, he heard gun shots being fire, eventually leading to him hiding before his car, searching for the location of where it was coming from. When he saw three masked assailant firing at the pub, he took out both his guns and started firing toward them. He hoped no one had been killed on the pub. The moment he shot one of them on the chest, he had to hide again once they started to shoot his way. He knew it wasn't a great idea to hide behind his car, but he wanted to make sure they didn't go inside. Once he heard gunfire coming from the opposite side, he sighed relief before standing up and firing at one of them. Just as another bullet caught another one of his thigh, he had to yell out in pain and hide, when one of the bullet hit his shoulder. The pain was starting to hurt him but he had to fight throught it or else someone may get killed, before grunting as a large gush of pain went through his shoulder, the wound on his shoulder hurting him. He was using all his might to not lose consciousness, as blood started to gush out. "Dammit." He yelled out once the pain became too much. It wasn't every day that he got shot on the shoulder and it was starting to bother him. He felt on the ground as he grabbed his shoulder, the pain was starting to increase each moment as he was hiding the incoming bullet, that more or less where already destroying his car. He closed his eyes and grabbed one of the gun with his good hand, before growling out and shooting at the final assailant, eventually the third bullet hitting him on the shoulder also. As he started to walk toward the three assailant, he started to blink once he found his vision getting blurry, before he looked down and saw that one of the bullets had gotten him on his abdomen. Huh? This was the first time he had been shot twice, maybe the pain from the bullet wound on his shoulder had dimmed the pain on his body and he hadn't felt the pain of the second bullet. "Well shit." Before unconsciousness took over him, he heard the gang members come outside, shouting out his name, before the pain finally took over him and he fell down on his back on the floor.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
(Yeah I'm not really good at this, so this was the best I could come up with)

Fortuna couldn't help the soft, sultry laughter that escaped her lips upon hearing Arnold's words. This went on for a couple more seconds before all too suddenly, she stabbed the blade into the wooden table with no little amount of force, laughter dying abruptly. Silence permeated through the room before the hitwoman cleared her throat, flashing the man a smile that even a blind person could tell was insincere. "My deepest apologies for my sudden outburst." She inclined her head as she said this, casually pulling the dagger from out of the table with a sharp tug. "That was unsightly of me." She gave Arnold a wry smile, standing up from her seat and smoothing out any wrinkles on her dress before approaching her victim with swift, elegant strides.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Kate Henderson

untitled-png.322074

As soon as she heard the gunshots, Kate shouted for everyone to get down or go down into the cellar. Just rushed behind the bar, using it as cover whilst she continued to check what was happening outside. She hoped Luca managed to find cover as he hadn't made it into the pub before the shooting started. "Damn it, I can't say Conor didn't warn me about this shit when I took the job," Harry grumbled, as he crouched down alongside Kate and retrieved a rifle from under the bar.

The gunfire seemed to stop, only to be followed by the sound of multiple police sirens heading towards the pub from the distance. Harry kept hold of the rifle and began collecting the other guns he was aware of. He knew exactly what he needed to do and where to hide the weapons. With Harry heading somewhere out back, Kate rushed to the door and out onto the street. After looking around, she eventually found Luca lying on his back on the ground. "Oh, shit, Luca," she commented, throwing the man's gun somewhere in the direction of the dead Romanos. She managed to keep a surprisingly level head. She ignored the flashing lights and loud sirens as the police car pulled up nearby. She then began doing what she could to tend to his wounds, the abdominal one first. "How about one of you makes yourself useful and calls an ambulance for this injured man?" she shouted to one of the nearby officers as they surveyed the scene.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Conor Sullivan

cfhf-png.321731

Conor was still fighting with the big man when he heard a gunshot coming from the top of the metal stairs. He immediately looked over his shoulder and ducked as he saw another man who had been aout to shoot him. The man then fired up towards the top of the stairs. Conor knew it was Alex who was up there. As Alex fired two more bullets at the Romano man, Conor was dragged by his hair onto the ground. Conor glanced to the side to see the man Alex had shot wasn't moving anymore. "Run or hide. Don't let anyone find you!" he shouted to Alex. Cops or thugs, Alex needed to get herself away from this one. Conor was about to get back up so he could stop playing around and just knock out the man he was fighting with. Then, he heard the sirens getting louder and could see the faint blue lights reflecting against the nearby lamppost. He let the big man kick him and punch him again. With any luck, one of the cops would see Conor being attacked so they couldn't pin any this on him. Hearing the footsteps of two officers approaching, Conor's beefy attacker sprinted off down the opposite end of the alley, behind the building and over the wall onto one of the backstreets.

Officer Lockwood and his partner were the ones who arrived to see a dead man on the ground and Conor on the floor nearby, blood pouring from his mouth and nose. Lockwood checked the pulse of the man Alex had shot and soon concluded the man was dead. "Go after whoever that was!" he ordered his partner, pointing down the alley where the large figure had sprinted off. Lockwood cautiously approached Conor, aiming his gun the the Irishman's head. "Face down. Arms stretched out above your head. You know the drill by now, Sullivan," he forcefully ordered Conor. He looked the man over as he readied a pair of handcuffs. "Hands behind your back." Still aiming the gun with one hand, Lockwood crouched down and began using his free hand to carefully restrain Conor. "Where's your gun, then?" he asked.

"I didn't shoot anyone, Lockwood. I was jumped... My gun is at the bottom of the stairs," he gave in. "That big ugly bastard who ran off is the one who shot him," Conor said, loud enough for Alex to hear, if she was still around. He hoped she wouldn't be stupid enough to admit she did it.

"Yes, I know he did," Lockwood ominously replied as he got up and retrieved Conor's gun. After checking over his shoulders, Lockwood lifted the nearby manhole cover and disposed of the gun down the hole. He then approached Conor and motioned for him to get up onto his feet. "Stand against the wall," he ordered him and he complied. "I need you to accompany me to the station for questioning. This needs to look as convincing as possible until I get you into the back of the police car and away from here."

"What do you mean? I didn't shoot him. I'm not lying," Conor argued, unsure what Lockwood was getting at.

"I believe you. Whether you shot him or that other man did, the victim was going to get shot one way or another. I overheard one of my colleagues on a call at the station and this was all a set up to have you arrested for murder. Right now, my colleague is likely still at the station searching for his car keys," he noted.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

Last edited:
article-2336944-1A2CD477000005DC-547_634x473.jpg

Alex heard Conor shout up at her followed by the sound of approaching police sirens. She didnt want to leave him but she had killed that man and if she was caught she was going to be arrested. The sound of police sirens were too close and Alex knew she had no hope of running and getting away without being caught, they could search his house and if they found her she was in trouble anyway or a Sullivan could come up and without Conor there, Alex was dead. Alex looked around for a brief second judging her options before tucking the gun into waistband. She had only one real option that she could do. Thank god she could climb. Alex carefully stood up on the railing before Jumping over and catching hold of the roof over the door of Conors apartment. It took all her strenght but she had managed to pull herself up onto the roof and lay down flat just as the Cops arrived on scene. Alex held her breathe as she listened to the coversation between Conor and lockwood. Conor was going to be done for something she had done. The guilt left however when Alex heard the end of the coversation, it was a set up. That was a low move. As the action subsided the shock of what she had done kicked in, Alex had killed someone, this was her first kill and to make matters worse Alex killed a member of the Romano's
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

cfhf-png.321731

During the ride to the police station, Conor could only think over what Lockwood had said about there whole thing being a set up to pin a murder charge on him. Any idiot would know Vinnie Romano was behind such a thing, especially given how much Conor had been getting under his feet lately. But then Conor questioned if he'd been the biggest idiot - had he let himself get played by Alex? She was the one who had shot that man. It was possible that this had all been part of the plan, to get Conor's trust. Vinnie would use every resource possible, including his owner daughter, and she'd certainly managed to fire off a couple of accurate shots to kill that man. If this was true, Conor couldn't help but think he'd been the biggest idiot in the city by letting his feelings take over his head. Thankfully, the Romanos plan hadn't worked out the way they had hoped and Lockwood was going to have him home in no time. None of this stopped him from feeling his heartache, both with the feelings he'd quickly grown for Alex and also his guilt for betraying his family. He hoped he was wrong about this, but all evidence was pointing to Alex being involved.

As he was led into the station, the handcuffs were removed from Conor's wrists before he was lead into a cell. "What the Hell, Lockwood?!" he shouted, as the door was closed and locked behind him. "You said I was just being questioned!" he snapped, grabbing the bars of the cell door and staring out onto the corridor.

"You will be questioned and we know you, and your pub, were the ones attacked. You're staying in here until the morning, for your own safety," Lockwood replied, as Sergeant Hunter approached and stood alongside him. "We've just heard that the Whistler has been targeted too. You're staying here so I can keep you from going over there and causing trouble. The CPD will deal with this." As expected, Conor responded by shouting many aggressive expletives and kicking the cell door.

"It's about time you started working with us, Mr. Sullivan. Your silence is part of the reason your enemies continue to roam free," Sergeant Hunter noted, before walking away.

Vincenzo Romano

Arnold flinched when Fortuna slammed the dagger into the table. "What the fuck?!" he snapped. He then shifted uncomfortably in his seat, trying to regain some composure. When she apologised, he simply nodded his head, keeping his eyes on her as she got up to approach him. "What is this about? Vinnie? What is this about?" he persisted.

"I think you know," Vinnie simply replied, knocking back the rest of the whiskey. He then glanced to Fortuna and smiled. "Fortuna doesn't like having her time wasted."

"I'm not..." Arnold replied. His eyes still fixed on the woman who was now making him feel uncomfortable.

Ineptitude Ineptitude

Leo Davide

Leo grinned. "I only say what is true and obvious," he noted. It amused him that she played the compliment down, by saying the dress was old. She was being modest. When she asked if he had apple juice, Leo could't help but laugh, only just stopping himself to spitting out some drink in the process. "Apple juice? I wouldn't be spending my time and money buying apple juice in a pub," he assured her. He found her innocence on the subject quite endearing, but at the same time he was disappointed in Vinnie for sheltering her so much. "It's beer. Do you want to try some of mine? If you like it I can get you some of your own? If not, you can try something else? Wine, cider, rum, vodka... Your choice. You can even mix some spirits up with soda, if you'd prefer?"

sprouhtt sprouhtt

article-2336944-1A2CD477000005DC-547_634x473.jpg

Alex waiting until she heard the police drive away and then waited a few minutes more before sitting up on the roof. She stared down at the dead body and shivered slightly before climbing off the roof. Without Conor here she wasn't safe and she knew this. Alex slowly made her way down the steps and onto the street before walking away. She didnt want to go home and was on a sort of auto-pilot, her feet bringing her towards the foxes den. Alex was numb, she didnt know what was affecting her more, having a mans blood on her hands or that Conor could think she had something to do with it. "Stupid Family" she growled under her breath. She felt cold both physically and emotionally, she couldnt even think straight there was so many thought running around in her head. Alex arrived at the foxes den and went to the bar to get a triple vodka, which she finished in one drink and ordered another before moving to sit down at a booth. Before Alex sat down she happened to see a familiar face and walked over to her sister, maybe company would help.
"Hi" Alex said to Alena and Leo "hope I'm not intruding" she tried to feigh as much emotion as she could while talking to them, even wearing a fake smile on her face. Alex reached into her bag and pulled out a cigarette placing it to her lips and lightening it. Alex didn't realise however that there was blood running down her hand from her arm nor did she feel any pain.
Misty Gray Misty Gray sprouhtt sprouhtt

Last edited:
Interaction: Misty Gray Misty Gray neverbackdown neverbackdown
Actions: Sitting down in a booth at the Foxes Den

"Sorry, but it looks like apple juice to me." She said as she let out a soft chuckle. Alena slowly reached over and took his drink, she brought the drink close to her nose as she took in a whiff of the drink. The beer had a very strong odor and she brought the drink to her mouth as she took a sip of the beer. It had a bitter but low key sweet taste to it in her opinion. She set it down, and saw how her lipstick stain was on the edge of the glass. "Sorry, I can order you another one." She told him as she looked up at him. "It's not that bad...the beer," she told him as Alena asked a worker who was employed here to get her another beer of the same kind that she took a drink in.

As Alena's eyes followed the employee, her eyes landed on her sister. Alena tilted her hair, she saw that Alex had a very frantic look on her face and when she approached Alena, she could see the blood on her hands when she tried to light her cigarette. "Alex, do you mind explaining why your hands are stained?" Alena asked her sister quietly. Alena got out from the booth and walked over to Alex to examine her face and body, Alena was relieved that it wasn't her sisters blood. But where did this blood come from? Alena was going to get down to the bottom of this, but she wanted to make sure that Alex didn't get blood on her white dress. Alena knew she shouldn't have worn all white. Alena reached over and took a napkin cloth from the table and she took Alex's wrist and began wiping the blood off her hand. "What am I going to do with you Alex, what happened? Were you involved with the Sullivan's?" She asked her sister.

Alex looked at her sister in confusion when she asked why her hand was stained. As Alena began wiping the blood Alex stared at it in shock, she hadnt touched the body, hell she hadn't even be close enough to get covered in blood. As Alena wiped her wrist more blood came down to fill the section she had just cleaned. Alex stood in silence for a moment before carefully zipping down the hoodie and pulling the sleeve of her right arm down slightly "No I wasnt involved with Sullivans there was a .... oh shit" Alex gasped the last bit as she looked at the hole in her arm just below her shoulder. The lack of pain should have worried Alex but she was still too in shock to feel anything but numb.Alex grabbed her vodka of the table and took a drink before taking a drag of her cigarette "please dont freak out, Ill be fine" she said to Alena

Actions: Tending to Alex's wound

"What the hell do you mean not freak out? You are wounded, we have to get you to a doctor or something Alex. If you leave that untreated it could get an infection and lead to worse things," She told her sister hoping that her sister would compromise. Alena couldn't believe her eyes that Alex was wounded, it took her some time to process it, before she came back to reality. She watched as her sister took a sip of the alcoholic drink on the table and a puff of her cigarette. Alena took the cloth and pressed it on her wound to keep it from flowing out any more then it has. "Apply pressure on the wound Alex," Alena said calmly. The waiter came back and began to panick before Alena shot a glare at him and told him to leave. Alena was surprisingly highly trained in medicine, or the basics of it. Being the youngest Romano she needed to keep herself busy so she decided to teach herself all about medicine. "Let's go Alex, I will not let you bleed to death." Alena told her sister. "Leo can you get the car," Alena asked him.

Sinead Sullivan

sinead-png.321729

Other than the dead gunman in the entrance, no more of Romano's men remained and the club was left in an eerie, yet panicked silence. People seemed to be speaking with their voices lowered. The calmness made Sinead feel it was safe to come out of hiding and she rushed back out to find her family. Emmet and James both looked uninjured as they spoke. But then she saw her mother tending to Lucy and she joined them. "Lucy!" she said, trying to hold back her tears as she saw the pain on her sister's face. "You'll be okay," she softly told her, squeezing her hand and then kissing her cheek. "I... I need to see if my boss is okay," she said, seeing her manager in a panic by the bar. "I'll be right back," she said, before rushing away.

Before she had chance to speak to the manager, she could see the graveness in the man's eyes. "These car keys. I think they belong to your friend," he said, pointing to James who had dropped them in his earlier rush fromt he bathroom. There was something different about the way the manager looked to Sinead and she was sure she already knew what he was going to say. "Sinead, I care about you and you've brought a lot to this place, but... You can't sing in here again. Not tomorrow, not ever. I can't have any more of my customers harmed and this is going to do irreparable damage to my business."

"It wasn't my fault..." she began. Of course, that didn't matter. All that mattered was her name and the fact she couldn't hide from it. She didn't resent her family, but she knew who she did resent. Hate. She hated Vinnie Romano. "Save it!" she snapped, snatching the keys out of the man's hand. "I'm sorry about your business," she softly added, before rushing outside to James' car. She got into the driver's side, dragged her shoes off of her feet before starting the engine and speeding away.

Sinead was so focused on getting to her destination she didn't even think about what she was going to do when she got there. When she approached Vinnie's home, she saw the gates were closed with a couple of burly men standing guard. She knew she was hardly going to just walk on in there or even be permitted to casually drive up to the door. She was about to search under the seat of the car for any sort of gun when she heard a tapping at the driver's side window. When she looked up, she saw a Romano man aiming his own gun towards her.

Meanwhile, Angel would have entered the Romano home to find neither Vinnie nor any of his kids were home. He was soon approached by one of the gang members. "Angel, we've got a visitor at the gates. The Sullivan girl - the redhead. I'm not sure what Vinnie would want us to do," he said, figuring Angel was currently the authority in the absence of the Romanos themselves. "Normally I'd know exactly what to do, but Vinnie didn't seem to want us to harm her..."

Enzyme Enzyme Bellz Bellz Foxy Foxy

Leo Davide

chase-png.322151

When Alena apologised about the lipstick she'd left on his glass, he shrugged his shoulders. "Don't worry about it, Lena," he reassured her. "It's not every day a beautiful girl leaves lipstick on..." he began, but was cut off when she ordered another drink and then Alex arrived on the scene. He listened as the two girls spoke and was also concerned to see the blood on Alex's hand. When he realised she had been injured herself, he rushed up to his feet. "You Romanos. Always getting into trouble," he grumbled. He wasn't angry, but he was worried for them. "Come with me," he sternly ordered the sisters as he walked towards the exit. Lucky for them, he had parked his car up on the street with the intention of picking it up when he was sober the next morning. He was just glad he'd not started drinking properly yet. "Get in. The hospital isn't far," he told them as he unlocked the car door.

sprouhtt sprouhtt neverbackdown neverbackdown

maxresdefault.jpg
Alex finished her drink and put out her cigarette as she placed her hand on the napkin which Alena had put on her wound. She watched as Leo jumped up and told them to follow him. Alex followed after them slowly "but hospital and bullet wound means cops and cops mean..." Alex stopped talking as the shock began to fade and the pain began to take over, she felt dizzy from the blood loss and her arm felt like it was on fire. She stumbled slightly and managed to catch herself before she fell. The alcohol definitely wasn't a good idea, she shook her head and clenched her teeth as she moved her arm to take the jumper fully off her injured arm. Alex opened the door using her bad arm and cried out in pain before sitting into the car , she used her bad arm so that she didn't get blood on his car. Which in hindsight Leo probably wouldn't have minded. Alex leaned her head against the window, still holding the napkin to her arm "I am never going to be allowed outside again" she sighed, trying to make light of the situation. "Sorry for ruining your night" she said to Leo and Alena. "Maybe just drop me home and yous go back out?" She suggested. Alex went quiet for a moment, her heart was beating too fast and she felt like she was going to pass out "Wait!" She suddenly cried out, we have a house doctor dont we? For Romanos that doesnt ask questions? Please bring me there if we go hospital the cops could be called" Alex was beginning to panic as the memory of her shooting that man began to play in her head

Last edited:
Carrick had just finished eating and cleaning the dishes when one of the gang members that had been at the Emerald Irish Pub being as a security came toward him with a worried look, something that he rarely happened so he had to raise an eyebrow whole letting him catch his breath, looked like he had run all the way here. "Yes?" He questioned him while tilting his head. He had to nod as the guy told him about what happened at there and even told him that Luca was currently being looked over at the hospital while Donor had been arrested. "So Donor was arrested?" He questioned and sighed when the guy nodded before standing up and walking outside, calmly walking toward his vehicle. He got in and started he ignition before closing his eyes and gripping the driving wheel tightly. "So they are finally trying to come at us?" He told himself before driving toward the police station. Now that he though about it, there was one person who was to blame for everything that was happening. And that person was Sinead, because she liked to sing, the Romanos saw her and now they where targeting her and the whole family. "Idiot, of course they would target us now, she was in neutral territory but mostly Romano's go there, so why couldn't she stick within the Sullivan Territory." He growled out. It was her fault that Conor had been arrested and that pissed him off.

Once he finally got to the police station, he breathed in some air before turning off the ignition and walking toward the front door. "May I speak with Lockwood." He told the officer in front of the front desk.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Angel was glad to be somewhere familiar. Even if the house was absent of any Romano blood, he still felt at peace. The bullet had been removed from his shoulder by the house doctor. It had managed to burry it's way through his ligaments, but didn't leave any permanent damage. It had been wrapped over his black button up, the white wrap a stark contrast from the black shirt. He was sitting at the empty dinner table, cigar in hand. He hardly turned his head when the man approached. He slightly cocked his head at the mention of Sinead's name, peaking his interest.

The walk down to the front gate gave Angel a lot of time to prepare himself to see the girl. The fresh air felt good, it was nice to get his blood pumping in a relaxed way. As he approached the car, her offered her a smile that also held a little bit of sadness. He stood in front of her driver's door window, looking down at the door silently for a couple of seconds. "I cannot begin to explain how sorry I am for what happened. This has gotten completely out of hand. We lost good people tonight," His eyes finally fixed on hers, "and for what? What did we possibly gain from this? I had to put down a good friend of mine. I mean, I know it doesn't seem like we were good friends," Angel motioned to his bandaged shoulder. "I just want you to know I am incredibly sorry for what happened. How are you holding' up?"

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Sullivan

sinead-png.321729

Rather than driving away, Sinead had turned the car engine off and sat defiantly in the driver's seat, demanding the armed goon let her see Vinnie. Again, she hadn't thought past that moment. All she knew was it looked like the man by the car door wasn't going to shoot her anytime soon, so she wasn't budging. Oh how she wished that she had it in her to be like the others in her family were. Strong.

From the corner of her eye, she saw the man move away only to be replaced by another. Hearing the familiar voice speaking, she turned to see Angel now standing by the door. His first few words were muffled, so she grabbed the handle and pulled it around to open the window a couple of inches. She let the man say what he had to say before deciding to respond. "I'm grateful you helped me back there and I'm sorry you got hurt in doing so," she told him. She closed her eyes for a few second as she thought over what he had said. "Perhaps he was a good friend of yours, Giovanni, but he was not a good person. He could have killed my sister... and he could have killed me. Why would I show any compassion for a man who would do what he did?" she asked. "And why should you be sorry for what happened? You didn't try to shoot us. You didn't destroy my home or make me lose the job I loved. That cold-hearted monster in that house did," she said, pointing to the Romanos home. "Is Vinnie too ashamed to come out and face me himself? If he's so set on destroying me, then he can look me in the eyes and do it now. Take me to him," she sternly asked Angel.

Enzyme Enzyme

Leo Davide

Leo sighed when Alex suggested he drop her off at home. It was almost as big a sigh as the one when she showed hesitance at being taken to the hospital. "Is there a doctor at your house?" he sarcastically asked, unaware that indeed there presently was one who had been treating Angel. "I'm taking you to a doctor and if that's in the hospital then so be it. Your dad would break my arm if he found out I didn't do the right thing and get your injury seen to. And if you do bleed to death or get an infection and die, he'll do more than break my arm. You need to get thinking of an explanation Vinnie is going to like. Meanwhile... where are we going?" he firmly asked.

neverbackdown neverbackdown sprouhtt sprouhtt

Conor Sullivan

cfhf-png.321731

After being called to the front desk Officer Lockwood approached Carrick and immediately recognised the young man. "Carrick Sullivan. Are you here to confess to any crimes?" he half-joked. He was pretty sure the kid was here to see Conor but waited for him to say so himself before granting him permission and leading him down the corridor. "You can talk to Conor for a bit from outside his cell," he said, grabbing a plastic chair for Carrick and dragging it along. "Visitor, Conor!" he shouted out. "Just keep your voices down and no funny business, else I'll be forced to end this visit. I'm being generous enough," he warned the brothers, before walking away.

Conor approached the cell door and leaned forward with his arms resting through the gaps in the bars. "Kean, it's good to see you. What's going on at the Whistler?" he asked. "These jackasses think it's funny to leave me locked up in when I could be out helping our family. Please tell me they didn't get at Sinead again? Are mum, dad and Lucy all okay?" he asked, not knowing Carrick was probably unaware of the incident at the Whistler.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

hqdefault.jpg

Alex sighed in response, she knew what he was saying was true, her dad would kill him and she also knew her dad was going to kill her when she gave her explanation. But Alex at this moment in time was more worried about the cops or being kept in the hospital, she hated hospitals they freaked her out big time and the thought off being in one over night on her own made her want to cry especially after the events of the night. Alex looked at Leo fear evident on her face "I promise you I can get a doctor to the house" She would have to somehow find the number for the doctor or find Angel or Monte but it was possible to get on there. "Just trust me, I can't go to the hospital" She clenched her face as the pain increased in her arm. "Does anyone have anything stronger than tissue" Alex asked as the blood was seeping through onto her hand. Alex leaned back into the seat and closed her eyes as she tried to focus on anything else to null the pain and her mind
sprouhtt sprouhtt Misty Gray Misty Gray

Carrick had smiled once Lockwood had shown him to the cell where Conor was locked at and thanked him, completely ignoring when he joked about him coming to give himself in. He never caused any problem so why would this asshole say that to him. He turned to look at Conor once he left and shook his head. "I have no idea what you're talking g about, I haven't even left my house until a few minutes ago." He commented, sure he could be worried if something happened to his mother and Lucy, but he didn't feel anything if something could happen to the other two. "I just heard about what happened to the Pub, you being arrested and Luca currently being at the Hospital." He told him while crossing his arm and looking at him.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Actions: Tending to Alex's wound

"I can treat her," Alena blurted out. Alena was only 18 years old, but she knew what she was doing. Those two years of shadowing a doctor at the hospital as well as reading a lot of medical books during her free time opened up her mind about the world of medicine. Alena had stitched up a few men here and there that were injured and she did had a bag of saline handy, don't ask why. Since the house is so book, Alena has two additional rooms that she uses, one for her medical practices and the other for her....well that's another secret/story for another post. Alena was going to treat her sister, and besides that, she's seen way worse then what her sister has now. "Take her back to our house, I have a few medical utilities there, don't ask me why. I can stitch and heal your arm back up in no time, on the mean time, Leo you can call the doctor to come to the house." Alena ordered.

Alena was taking charge now, and she didn't know if it was the small sip of beer that she had that gave her that extra boost but she loved it. Alena looked around the car so that she can give Alex something to use to press on the wound. Alena rolled her eyes when she couldn't find anything so she decided to go into her small clutch bag and take a very small and very compact dagger out. Alena took the bottom part of her dress, or the hem or whatever you want to call it, and she cut it. She took a long strip and leaned towards Alex as she wrapped the strip of torn white cloth around her shoulder/arm that was wounded. Alena made a strong tight knot,"There...that should hold it," she said to her sister. Alena's beautiful white dress was now ruined when she looked down at it, it was torn and it had small specks of blood on it, but she did it for a good cause so she's not so worried about this.

tumblr_inline_mnzivcHX0w1qz4rgp.gif

Alex opened her eyes when she heard Alena speak up. She knew her sister was interested in medicine and she had caught Alena reading medical books a lot. "Have you ever removed a bullet?" Alex asked, she didn't have an accusing tone to her voice rather it was more off curiosity, before turning her head to face her sister, she wished she hadn't ruined Alena and Leo's night, maybe she should have just gone home or back into Conor's and hid. "I trust you, thank you Laney" Alex said softly before looking at Leo "there mightn't be a doctor in the house, but there is one in the car" she said very matter-of-factly a slight teasing tone played in her voice to get back at him so the sarcasm. Alex groaned in pain as Alena wrapped the material around her arm. "Alena, your dress?" She said in shock "Ill buy you a new one, I'm so sorry". This was all Alex's fault if only she hid, or didn't go sneak out tonight all would be ok. Alex closed her eyes again as they drove.

A manicured hand grabbed hold of Arnold's chin, forcing him to look up and face Fortuna's intimidating and calculating gaze. Sharp black orbs that could seemingly stare into your soul, alerted and narrowed to a scary degree of danger. Then, a smirk graced her lips. One with a shiver-worthy air that promised pain and torture to the poor victim it was directed to.

"I can see that you're unwilling to confess." She commented softly, a low, alluring voice full of sadistic humor and self-entertainment. "That's fine. I enjoy playing with my food, after all." The knife in her hand was pointed to his chest, hovering just a few centimeters away from piercing cloth and flesh as it slowly slid lower and lower.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

cfhf-png.321731

"Alright..." Conor said, upon hearing Carrick knew nothing about the Whistler. "All I know is something has happened there too, but these idiots here thought they'd lock me up before mentioning it," he said, referring to the cops. As if on cue, one of the police officers approached and handed Conor a clean wet cloth to clean his face with. "About time," he said, as he started to wipe the blood from his nose and lip. He waited until he was alone with his brother again before speaking. "Romano sent some of his goons over to the Emerald. They started shooting at the place and Luca got injured trying to take them down. I got jumped and goaded into a fight with some big bastard. Vinnie was trying to set me up on a murder charge. Things are getting worse than ever and you need to watch your back, Kean. They've already got at Sinead, so I wouldn't put it past them to try something with you or Lucy. And it seems they'll do anything," he said, thinking of Alex. He l began cleaning the wound on his elbow as he went silent for a time. "They're not going to get away with this."

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Leo Davide

Leo listened to the two sisters talking as he drove them back home. He noticed Angel stood talking to someone inside a car, but thought nothing of it and drove to the gates. After seeing who was in the car, Vinnie's guards opened the gates and allowed Leo to drive up to the house. Leo got out of the car and walked with Alex and Alena into the house. "So, I don't know how you guys do things here. Do you have some special gangster doctor or something?" he asked. His voice sounded sarcastic but it was a genuine question. If they didn't want the police involved he figured they wouldn't be calling a regular doctor over.

sprouhtt sprouhtt neverbackdown neverbackdown

Vincenzo Romano

"You seem to have come into some money lately," Vinnie finally spoke up. He was enjoying watching Fortuna, but he knew Arnold was going to be harmed either way. If he didn't confess, he'd be tortured. If he did confess, he'd be punished. "Don't waste our time, Arnold."

"I..." Arnold couldn't take his eyes from the knife Fortuna was pointing at him. "Yes, I took the money. I admit it. I'm sorry, I betrayed your trust. But I'm telling you the truth now, so let me go," he pleaded. "I can give the money back to you," he said. Most of it. He'd spent some of it, but surely he could think of a way to repay them. "You can stop this now. I confess."

Vinnie smiled and got his from his seat, standing beside Fortuna and looking down at Arnold. "Now, was telling the truth so hard?" he asked. "But, this isn't church. You don't get to make everything better just by confessing. I don't take kindly to being betrayed and I certainly don't like people who steal from me. You'll still have to be punished for it, Arnold. It would set a terrible example if I just let you walk out of here." He glanced to Fortuna and gave her a friendly smile. "Would you like to do the honours?" he asked her.

Ineptitude Ineptitude

Angel sighed, using his good arm to lean on the car. "In a profession like this, there is no good and bad. It isn't so black and white. Every action comes with a reward and a consequence. This, I can agree, was too far." Angel shifted his line of sight to Sinead's eyes, not afraid to hold eye contact. "He isn't here right now. Trust me, he's not one to hide from conflict. Look, I know you wanna come in here and burst his bubble, but I think you outta' think this through. Meet me at Jason's Deli tomorrow. I'll be happy to talk you through anything you need. Hell, I'll even buy you breakfast. It's the least I could do. 8 o'clock sharp, I'll have a table reserved." He lightly tapped the top of her car as he stepped away. Moving back to the house up via the steep driveway, he thought over what he had said. "This isn't a date. You're just helping out a confused girl," Angel reassured himself.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Alex opened her eyes as she felt the car come to a stop. She pulled the sleeve of her jumper down onto her good arm and used it to open the door handle. She looked back to see Angel talking to someone in a car and usually Alex would want to figure out who it was, but she was in too much pain to care in that moment. Alex followed Alena and Leo into the house and made her way into the kitchen to get a drink of water. She still felt dizzy and weak so stumbled on her way back into the hall where she had left Leo and Alena. "Well yeah its someone who isnt really connected to the law so they dont ask questions sort of a buzz but eh . I dont actually know who the doctor is or how to get in contact with them but Angel would know" She said sheepishly. Alex looked at her arm to see that the blood was beginning to seep through the material. Her legs felt shakey so she leaned against the wall for support wanting to seem better than she was to Leo and Alena but it showed on her face how bad she actually was. Alex looked up to the door when she saw Angel arrive into the house. She reminded herself mentally that she needed to talk to him but she knew she had to sort her arm out first

Misty Gray Misty Gray sprouhtt sprouhtt Enzyme Enzyme

Angel entered the household, still wrapped up in his encounter with Sinead. "What a fuckin' mess," Angel muttered, his hands on his hips. He looked up to see Alex, supporting herself on the wall. "Jesus, you look like you've seen a ghost." Angel said jokingly as he approached her, slightly concerned. As he got closer, he could see the blood staining her clothing. "Jesus Christ!" Angel said, catching Alex as she slid further down the wall. He pulled her into his chest, examining the wound. "Didn't I always tell you to stay on the other side of the barrel?" Angel dragged her into the living room, resting her on the couch. Angel turned to the guard at the door, "Catch the doctor before he leaves!" He then turned back to Alex, "If you die on me, I'll kill you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back