• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The New World - an Overlord rp

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Zael was running through the streets with Emilia close behind him. He was late, and he knew that certain people would be very angry that he was. Of course, he could've just used his guild seal to teleport, but in the rush, he forgot to take it from Mara. As the pair ran through the city streets, they could spot a wide variety of Heteromorphs and Demi-humans going about what appeared to be their daily routine. Each one giving the elder wraith and elder lich a miniature bow as a sign of respect. Which he personally found kinda odd, but that wasn't important. As the duo ran into Ioavollr, Zael turned to his companion.

"Once we arrive at the war room, you are dismissed. Go mingle with your comrades and try to get a better grasp of the situation."

Zael barges into the war room and takes a seat.

"I apologise for the delay, I may or may not have forgotten to take my guild seal with me."

Emilia was trailing close behind Zael, with her sword on her back. Though her job was to serve and protect him, they were in the confines of their own city so the chances of an enemy attack this far without time to prepare was little to none. Besides, it was less intimidating to the more peaceful of the inhabitants. Even though she was not expecting attacks, she made sure she surveyed her surroundings as they ran, her armor clanking against itself slightly as she did. Her hood was up, and her glowing blue eyes cast out at those around them, noticing the bows. It was the respect they should show to one of the dróttnar.

She had her eyes forward when Zael had turned her attention to her, and spoke. She found his words a little odd, and the entire situation as odd. She wasn't sure why the dróttnar were on edge, but it wasn't her place to question an order as mundane as that.

"Yes, milord," she spoke - for the first time in full since everything had started developing. She wasn't fully aware what was going, but she'd wait on her orders. When they arrived at the war room, she held hup and watched as he disappeared inside. She stared for a second, before letting out a sigh and taking up a position near the door. She know she was commanded to mingle, but she was also dismissed, so she chose to just stand guard near the entrance.

Overlord_Marker.png

As Caveria gave her orders to him, Zyxom only responded in silence. The briefest of head tilts was given to confirm he understood her commands, an act she would have been trained in picking up from the masked man. The moment she gave her verbal words and turned towards the War Room, Zyxom began mass-messaging every Player in the Guild, relaying what Caveria had told him. He also made mention to inform Zael of what the Valkyrie had said about NPCs.

Though it was barely a moment of breath before one of their own was instantly rewriting orders. It was not the smartest idea in the world to be usurping command right in front of Zyxom but he did not stop Date from redirecting the NPCs. Instead, he gave the other Player an unblinking stare before slowly sinking into the ground like a ghost. Unbeknownst of Date, an order had already been sent to Reinhardt regarding certain topics…

It was a shame he was missing the player’s bravado with the gun, but such was life. In any case, the meeting had begun. The Players of Insomnia, or at least most of them, had gathered to the War room just as they had been ordered to. By the time Zyxom arrived, all were beginning to discuss their dilemma. Like the other members, he too had a throne of which to sit upon. But the masked man much preferred the danger of heights and so as always, leaned lazily against one of the high arches hanging from the ceiling.

Nemo had made an attempt to settle their numbers down, an attempt promptly treated in annoyance by their leader. Evidently, Yomino and Maladans were not present but it was assumed Caveria could see with her own eyes; thus, there was no reason to inform her of the obvious. First Date and then Zael said their pieces, the latter of which bursting into the room, late as usual.

Once the floor was open again, Zyxom tilted his head. “Considering Insomnia's size and stature, it’s doubtful we haven’t been noticed by any inhabitant of this new world. Assuming none of you have tried already, we should assume all contact with Yggdrasil’s devs has been compromised. If that is the case, we can consider ourselves the only Yggdrasil Players stuck in this predicament."

The masked man’s gaze swept from all those gathered, starting from Caveria and ending at Date. “A good number of our NPCs have been dispatched to study and analyze our surroundings. Maladans in particular has taken it upon himself to…get personally acquainted.” Zyxom turned to their leader permanently now, as if to inquire what she thought of the demon’s brash behavior.

Nuru Nuruyamiko
"Nice summery oh brave leader of ours." Nuruyamiko muttered under her breath as Selvernas finished her little run down of the situation. Glancing around from her seat at the War Room, she noticed a few empty seats and felt a twinge of sadness in her heart. If the situation was just like those classic 21st fantasy novels, the chances of ever seeing them or getting out of this.... situation was close to nill. Depending on what sort of rules this dumb world plays at anyway, doesn't seem too artificial so the whole "trapped in the game" seemed to be eliminated. Not to mention the fact about the NPCs... She still felt bad for freaking out and exploding at Kinako. Maybe she could apologize later. The silence in the war room was broken by Zael, barging in late as usual.

"Nice of you to finally show up, Zael. Not like we're in mortal danger or anything...." Nuruyamiko scoffed, clearly not being her usual cheerful self but who can blame her? Stuck in an unknown situation and despite how she looks, stuck in an inhuman body. As exhibited by the way she's seated on her throne, her head resting on the right armrest, legs dangling over the left armrest, and her torso oddly flush with the seat when anyone with a proper back knows that position would be uncomfortable beyond all hell even without a wakizashi strapped across her lower back. Keeping quiet as their de facto Second-in-Command chimed in with another report. This one made her already low spirits sink slightly.

"The only ones eh....?" She quietly mused, slowly shifting to a more 'human' sitting position before standing up and sighing. Staring at the center of the table as she slowly processed her thoughts and keeping her emotions back into check. How she wanted to scream at the masked idiot for being so calm but she knows that it'll only make things worse. Taking a few moments to stare at Selvernas with a blank expression she finally made her thoughts known.

"Sel... I can form a proper scouting party if you want. Drop into the closest village as a lost traveler and ask for a map. We should try to make sense of our surroundings as soon as possible. If what you say is right, maybe having one of us do a diplomatic mission would be best." Nuruyamiko suggested. Her voice oddly calm and steady, one that she rarely ever uses unless she had a particularly shitty work week.

"Anyone wanna add to this? My scouts are ready. Just say the word and we'll depart as soon as possible." Nuruyamiko finished up, leveling her gaze towards Selvernas.

Do You Know The Way, My Brother?

Ah, things had finally settled down. Nemo's antics did nothing, but it didn't matter to him. He could act however he wanted, because he was nobody. After listening with great care to what Selvernas, Zxyom, and Nuruyamiko, he changed his skin color to black and his hairstyle to dreadlocks. And yes, he also manipulated his voice.

"It pleases me to know you still know the way, my brothers and sisters. The true way of Insomniaaaaaaaaa!" He sang the last part, talking on a deep tone, with an Ugandan accent. Briefly after he changed back to normal. Then he turned to Nuruyamiko. "On a serious note, I agree with Yamiko on the scouting party. If you permit it, leader," he shifted his attention back at Cavera "Then I shall join the scouting. My Doppelganger skills may be limited, but they are good enough for an infiltration. We do not know with what sort of forces we will deal with out there, and I have one of the highest chances of survivability. If things go south, I can at least aggro, and let the other members escape." As always, Nemo thought about defending his guild from harm. He did not even mention his own safety, or how he'd escape, but he did have a plan, courtesy of his special Axis and Counter Force classes. He did not say anything about it, as he thought his guildmates would know about his skills by now, even if he was one of the newer members.

Meanwhile...

The Outpost NPCs

"Heyyyy, Mirtillloooo. We where transported to a different place. Can't we survey the area for a bit? Do some recooonnnnn? I am bored." A young mischievous demon girl yawned as she begged Mirtillo to let her scout the area together with other NPCs that were sent to do so. "Pandemona, we where given strict orders by Lord Nemo." a deep voice replied from within the girl's shadow. "Don't be such a bore Demonbane! Seriously, I can't belive I have such an uptight brother. No wonder you never have any luck with the ladies." No reply was heard afterwards from Demonbane. He was sulking...from within her shadow.

"No, Pandemona. Demonbane is right. Do not forget we are the Oyster Squad. Our job is to protect the entrance. What would Sir Nemo think if he heard you?" Was Mirtillo's reply. Demonbane nodded...from within Pandemona's shadow (not that anyone could see him, but he did it!).

"Ehhhh, Nemo-sama would forgive meeeee. Right, Mercy?" She asked the invisible mare. "I-I...I do not think I can speak in the name of one of the Supreme Ones, Miss Pandemona. Please forgive me." Said the mare, shaking... in its invisibility. "Ohhh, come on Mercy. Don't be like that!" She pleaded.

"His reaction is reasonable Pandemona. Speaking in the name of the Supreme Ones without their consent is heresy." Said Demonbane...from within her shadow. "You speak wisely brother. As expected of a centuries-old lonely old guy with no love life. Hahahahahaha...ha..."

"Ouch!"
"That was harsh..."

And Demonbane sulked yet again... from within her shadow.

"Boredom is hellllll!" Pandemona went on with her spoiled brat attitude, jumping and running around in circles.
"Cam down Pandemona. This behaviour is unbecoming of a young lady."
"But Mirtillooo... !"
"Behave Pandemona. Sit down!" Demonbane's voice roared as he got out of his sister's shadow. He spoke on an authoritary tone, being a bit fed up with his sister's antics. And so, she stopped her childish behaviour, and sat down on the grassy ground, looking at the sky and pouting. Secretly, Demonbane was sorry for shouting at her, and returned to sulk...within her shadow.

"I feel sorry for him..."
"I feel sorry for him..." Mirtillo and Mercy's feelings resonated.

God_himself God_himself Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Lindew Lindew

[class=image] margin: 10px; width: auto; padding: 0px [/class] [class=backgroundImage] background-image: url('https://image.ibb.co/cqxZ9H/c17604cad0da714d816c5451cb747ee1.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: cover; //https://wallpaper-house.com/data/out/9/wallpaper2you_316799.jpg// [/class] [class=backgroundSecondLayer] margin: 10px; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.9); [/class] [class=textSettings] margin: 10px; padding: 0px; color: black; text-align: justify; font-size: 1.25em; line-height: 1.1; [/class] [class=ShuuenSpeech] // "" // [/class] [class=JormSpeech] // "" // [/class] [div class=backgroundImage]
[div class=backgroundSecondLayer][div class=textSettings]
Overlord_logo.png
  • After Shuu'en completed her mission of passing on her Mistress' word and had been dismissed by the Supreme Beings, along with the other NPCs, she left the Throne Room following the orders to scout the nearby region. She wasn't sure about what to look for in such a vast stretch of featureless countryside.

After a few minutes of aimless thought, Shuu'en decided that it would be better to seek more assistance and headed towards Lady NuruNuruyamiko's district. It was only right for her to do so, given that she and the rest of the Crimson Lotus Palace were under the care of Yoshiwara's Mistress until their own Lady said the contrary.

"Excuse my intromission", Shuu'en said as she entered the inn that was the heart of Yoshiwara. She paused for a moment, eyeing the several inhabitants of the district, before setting her gaze on Kinako's table.

"This is the first time I visit this place without Lady Yomiko. It really feels different when I look at it like this", she said to the other NPC while a genuine smile graced her face.

"I'm here under Lady Yomiko's request to offer Our services to Lady NuruNuruyamiko. If it's not too much; can I ask for your company until she returns? Naturally, I'll be the one offering treats to show the Crimson Lotus' goodwill", Shuu'en said before producing a porcelain gourd from within her robe and offered to pour it for Kinako.

The gourd was, in fact, an Artifact class item 「The Gourd of the Golden Peach Garden」, capable of producing everlasting peach wine said to be worthy of quenching a god's thirst. It had no other function aside from being a roleplaying accessory when Yggdrasil was just a game, but now such an item could very well be considered invaluable.

After making her offer known, Shuu'en waited for Kinako's answer while standing beside her table.

[/div][/div]
[/div]

Don't panic, she says. Oh, yeah, sure, that's easy enough. I mean, we only got warped away to some totally unknown world. And the game became real all of a sudden. And our lifeless NPC creations are moving around on their own. And I've got three extra limbs. Everything's totally fine! WHAT'S THERE TO PANIC ABOUT!?!?

Inner turmoil aside, Eligos managed to keep a calm face and quietly listened as the others spoke. His seat hadn't really been designed with wings in mind, resulting in his being awkwardly pancaked between the chair and his back, and his Mantle was keeping him from moving his tail about much. None of this had been a problem in-game, but now that he could feel the limbs it was extremely uncomfortable. I think I'v still got some cosmetic-altering consumables lying around. I'll have to shorten my cloak up after this.

As the group decided on who would go out to scout around the city, Eligos felt he might as well chime in once Nemo finished. "We needn't rely solely on scouting parties. I know we've got at least one Mirror of Remote Viewing in the vault, along with some other long-range detection items. At the very least we can use those to mark points of interest nearby so our scouts aren't wandering aimlessly."

Desperately trying to keep his discomfort hidden, Eligos shifted slightly in his chair. "I don't think we need to be so wary around our NPCs, either. From what I've seen, for the most part they seem to be acting the way we designed them, at least for the time being." Aside from Abigor's deadpan tone, but that's a question for another day. "Besides, if we act strangely around them they might pick up on that. Aside from that, I've little to add. My NPCs and I are at your disposal, should you need them, leader."

Petroshka Petroshka

Emilia had zoned out trying to make sense of the situation. It didn't bother her that it seemed as the Supreme Beings were on edge, they were beyond her understanding in the first place. What bothered her were the orders that came along with it. It didn't make sense to her. Even what Zael had mentioned to her, about gathering more information. They weren't taking on the appropriate protocols, not taking advantage of their strengths.

Her thought was broken when Jorm's voice broke her concentration. Those glowing eyes of her falling onto her peer. She offered a bow out of respect, before thinking her words over. The nature of her creation dictated her attitude in this New World, though of course, she felt like that was always how she was. She had been raised by Zael but retained all of the aspects of her former body as an NPC, even technically still belonging to the other guild. This meant for her, her loyalty and servitude was to Zael, not the guild. She respected the Supreme Beings, and would normally follow their orders to the tiniest detail. Zael's safety and orders came first.

"I'd say, it's a bit of both," she started reaching her gloved hands up to remove the hood from her head, letting her black hair flow naturally around her shoulders. She had retained all of her beauty from her previous design, but that pale skin and blue eyes. She readjusted her weight before continuing on,"The orders are a bit weird. It's as if they are trying to keep us far away from them as possible. In any regard, my usefulness is here."

Kuronoyomihime Kuronoyomihime

Last edited:
Caveria gave Eric a straight face when he entered apologizing. "well at least you're here now" Giving him a small smile she turned her attention toward the others who gave good insights to how they should approach their situation and how they should gather intelligence. She looked at Eligos' offer, the mirror would be useful yes but it would me a waste to use it nearby where our scouts are already looking around and about.

"The Mirror should be used for long distance scouting, its useless to use it around the city unless we are in immediate danger. We should use it to direct scouting parties to points of interest we cant see from here."

There should definitely be multiple scouting parties however, they could risk doing something that might hinder the guild's reputation by accidentally attacking something...

"and for the scouting parties we should have a few for long distance scouting however they might run the risk of doing something that might tarnish the guild's reputation, worse if its first contact. we should set a perimeter around the city walls to inform about and not attack any intruders unless given the say so. I'll give Skost orders not to attack anyone approaching the walls unless they seem dangerous"

Sighing at the amount of responsibly that dawned over her suddenly she looked at everyone in the eye (or where there should be an eye(s)) one by one. "We don't know if this is still Yggdrasil or not but i want all of you to be careful about what you do, there might not be re-spawning anymore." Although she wasn't entirely sure about herself in the game she was able to be reborn after death without death penalties and was set to respawn in the guild treasury. Nodding at Eligos' remark at the NPC situation she agreed. "Yes, however if any NPC's start acting up you should inform the players, espcially Jourmundgandr understand?" The thought of the world snake going rogue made her uneasy even though she was nerfed to balance her out Caveria remembered the guild raids to get her.

"Thats all i have to say, i'll have Akudez recall all npc's soon but if we find any towns our top priority is establishing friendly relations and getting a map."

Zael sat down in the war room, there was a lot of information to discuss. From sending out scouts, to fear of the npcs, to the fact that they now seem to be the nobility of a city, small things. He highly doubtful that the npcs we're acting up.

"If you'll let me butt in here, I highly doubt that the npcs are questioning their loyalty. On my way here every single citizen I passed bowed to me. Now If the citizens, who were glorified pops bowed to me, I don't believe that the npcs, who we actually made, would doubt our orders."

He proceeded to pull out two pages from his inventory.

"Now I hate to add further stress to the situation, but I have what has the possibility to be a major problem. These sheets were just in game statistics showing me the amounts of pops I had in the void space of the Oasis. On this first sheet is the undead numbers the hour before Yggdrasil was supposed to shutdown, when I had my max pop cap."

Zael proceeds to slide the sheet across the table to Caveria.

"Now this second sheet is from just moments before I left the Oasis, when you get the paper, you might notice that there may just be a 'little' more than usual. Now the void space seems to have increased I'm size since our arrival, but if I'm wrong, the Oasis will be flooded by undead pops by the end of the week."

He slides the second paper across the table.

"Now this last question is an important one, so everyone's own good, please answer honestly. But has anyone else been feeling a little bit different than usual?"

Caveria gave the sheets a look over keeping her smile to disguise her distress about undead running about. It was definitely a problem but it wasnt an immediate problem so it would have to be set aside for now. But she guessed Eric wasn't essential to the scouting operations and with that face he almost definitely wont be very popular with any locals, although they still have yet to know what they were like. Still...

"We'll have to put the undead problem on hold for now, but you can start working on it, you're the undead expert here so im sure you'd find something. But the NPC concern should still be on the back of everyones minds."

At the end of Eric's talk he mentioned something about feeling a little different and her smile broke to a
Jormungand 02 - 05 - Expressions Of Koko.jpg/SPOILER]
face. and came back to her usual poker face.

"you're asking that now?"

She flapped her folded wings a few times indicating "no duh"

Overlord_Marker.png
Mr. Reinhardt had been hoping to make some progress towards the Gates after he donned his uniform and felt the reassuring weight of his coat upon his substantial frame, only to push such thoughts aside as he found the Guild in a state his creator would have called 'functioning chaos'. It certainly couldn't be called orderly when ever part of the city was acting competently but entirely independent, and all the Supreme Beings had holed themselves up in their enclave for some matter of strategy.

Though with a moment's consideration as he enjoyed the serenity of empty hall's, accompanied solely by the rhythmic march of his own boots, it occurred to him that this was business as usual for most any Guild of Supreme Beings he'd encountered. Dissonance was a near constant and only the shared land, title, and glory brought them together to work towards a common goal, but such grand unions of thought and effort hardly lasted a late night before they broke apart and returned to the status quo. It certainly kept things lively, and Reinhardt knew his Creator thought much the same behind that omnipresent mask.

Speaking of the ever elusive Supreme Being, a message swiftly arrived...only to be rescinded before he could even open it. Such indecision did...not bode well.

"I'm sure it's well in hand..." Yet there was a kernel of concern growing where there had been none, and rather then departing towards the battlements his course changed to the vibrantly exotic Crimson Lotus Palace. Zyxom had no cause to partake in such scenery, much preferring their own quarters when not enacting Machiavellian plots, so the NPC was finding the change of aesthetic somewhat enjoyable. Obviously not just intending to loiter and soak up the sights entirely, he meandered towards the heart of this district where he knew several other Servants of Insomnia would be waiting for orders.

"It would appear I was not the only one drawn here." Mr. Reinhardt remarked upon entering and being greeted by the back of Shuu'en already in the midst of her own greeting. Immediately his eyes honed in upon the proffered gourd and a small smile chiseled itself upon his face. "Forgive the intrusion, but I was in the area and thought to drop in. The atmosphere here is inviting."

Seeing that the gourd of aromatic wine was an offering, he searched and his and pulled out a rather complimentary Rare Item, [Celebratory Beer Stein Set]. An item he recalled Zyxom earning for their participation in a seasonal event relating to Reinhardt's nationality, or so the Creator had told him. It didn't seem to be something the Vice Commander would participate in, and his only excuse was being something referred to as an Achievement...monger. The NPC would rather avoid vulgarity, even in recollection.

"These steins multiple the potency of any drink imbibed by how many people share in the drink. Hmph, I suppose I've had cause to use them, but Shuu'en shall bring drinks, it would seem only right to offer a gift for my intrusion."

Nuru Nuruyamiko
"...... Pfft. Dammit Nemo you always were a bit of an oddball but.... Thanks. Really. I think I'm starting to feel a little better now." Nuruyamiko smiled, thanking the Doppleganger with an approving nod to his offer to join her scouting party. As she quietened down and settled back into her throne, she listened to all the others for their input. Frankly, Eligos' suggestion to use the Mirror of Remote Viewing first seemed smart. No sense in just blindly stumbling around the place for a nearby town.

All things considered, she quietly agreed to his suggestion before Selvernas summarized all their suggestions and settled on agreeing to send multiple scouting parties with the mirror being used for mission control before finally finishing off her little order with a repeat of the NPC issue with a special mention on Jormungandr. The mention of that NPC sent a slight shiver down Nuryamiko's form. The idea of having what can be considered a Raid Boss in their control always troubled her. Hence the reason why her own NPCs are min-maxed so as to be good in their planned use but not too powerful in case they go rogue.

Then Zael started to speak. While his initial report on the Undead Population seemed important. His last point.... not so much.

"Gee.... Wonder what made you think that eh?" Nuruyamiko scoffed, slowly turning her head to face him. "Its not like I noticed the lack of skeleton structure in this body... Do you want a demonstration?"

Kinako
"Did the Little Lady tell you anything else, Kinako?" Mitsuba asked, clad in a Tosei-gusoku style armour with the accompanying helmet and mask sitting on the table next to a half empty bottle of sake. She slowly reached to pour herself another small cup before thinking it was better to just settle for water instead. Seated with her on that table were the two Homunculi archers, Yokan and Uiro, who wore simple Tatami style armour befitting their lower levels and status in the inn's (rather loose) hierarchy. The two were busying themselves with maintaining their yumi-style bows, a rather comical sight given the bow easily towering their users.

"Nope. Just for us to prepare... Its kinda boring sitting around...." Kinako groaned, leaning back to stare at the ceiling, she was herself clad in simple, loose clothing with the bare minimum for armour. She preferred having mobility over protection which made sense for a ninja like her. As the highest ranked member of Yoshiwara underneath Nuruyamiko herself, she had the honor of having a Rare item as a weapon. The Thread Stripper tanto hung off her right hip, a gift from Lady Nuruyamiko as she remembered it. Something of her being 'her second blade' or.... stuff like that. She smiled softly at the idea before being snapped out of her daydream by the sound of the door opening.

"Oh? What brings you from the Crimson Lotus, Shuu'en?" Kinako heard Mitsuba ask their visitor. Kinako herself was wondering what would a member of the "esteemed" Crimson Lotus be doing in their side of town when she greeted them with a warm smile and explained her situation. Kinako internally mused that their Madames were more alike than they think but her attention was mostly focused on the bottle of rare wine Shuu'en carried.

"Oh sure you can sit around, I guess. Its not like there's anything to do around here. Oi Dai, grab a couple of extra cups from the kitchen will ya?!" Kinako lazily offered a seat to their guest by shifting her position on the table slightly, seemingly offering Shuu'en a spot on the table instead of a proper chair. Just as Mitsuba looked like she was about to chide Kinako's attitude, the door to the inn opened a second time. This time revealing a certain Mr. Reinhardt. The man politely apologized for the intrusion and even offered a special stein that seemingly increased the potency of the alcohol offered. Immediately thinking back on Kokumotsu's already sorry looking state and the fact that the slime is nowhere to be found at the moment, Kinako made a snap decision.

"Right.... Its no issue Mr. Reinhardt... We'll just use the cups we have. Besides, I think steins are more suited for beers than fruit liquors." Kinako suggested as the sound of light footsteps from the kitchen revealed Daifuku carrying a couple of wooden masu cups. The tiny vampire was dressed in a robe resembling that of a miko with a kitsune mask strapped to the side of her head.

"Cups for the guests, Kina...." Daifuku mumbled, trying her best to not make eye contact with anyone. Before anyone could say a word, there was a loud clatter and crash followed by a rather stressed apology as Kokumotsu stumbled into the room, a broom having somehow managed to skewer her exposed back. Her clothes were similar to Kinako's except a little messier and always being slightly damp.

"...... I'm sorry for the display... She's had.... a bit much to drink earlier...." Kinako groaned, sighing as she facepalmed at the antics of her fellow Yoshiwara colleagues.

Mirror, Mirror in My Hand

Nemo smiled at Nuruyamiko, and seemed to ponder Zael's last question seriously. He had already reverted to his usual appearance. Suddenly he took yet another cash item from his inventory: a mirror. "I see your point." He said as he looked at himself in the mirror, on a solemn tone. But, seriously, why such an obvious questi-... maybe not as obvious as the rest would think. But should he speak up? Ah, whatever, he was among few of his remaining guildmates, and also the only people he could actually call friends in the current situation.

"The brain is the only organ that names itself!" By this point he'd discard the mirror back into his inventory. The phrase seemed to come out of nowhere, and Nemo said it so spontaneously. Most people would have thought it was another one of his antics. That was not the case. He was trying to subtly underline the true meaning behind Zael's question. But he didn't know if his mates would catch on to it, so he decided to elaborate anyway.

"You are not talking about the physical aspect, are you Zael? What you truly wish to know is if any of us feels changes beyond that. If there are any changes in our psyche as well." If Nemo misunderstood Zael, it would have been quite awkward. Very awkward actually. As always Nemo felt very fragile when he truly expressed how he thought and/or felt.

God_himself God_himself Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Lindew Lindew Aimless Vagabond Aimless Vagabond

Do I feel different. Do I feel different!? Of course I do! Three new limbs, scales covering almost everything, claws instead of fingernails, it'd be weirder if I—...oh, that's probably what he meant.

Eligos's panicky train of thought was halted as Nemo pointed out that Zael probably meant mental differences, as opposed to obvious physical ones. That did make more sense; the majority of them were a heteromorphic race of some kind, so mental changes were more than likely. Well, it's easier to go from panic mode to calm and collected roleplay, I guess. Kinda like flipping a switch. They don't need to know that, though.

"Assuming Nemo is right," Eligos spoke up, "Then I don't particularly feel all that different. A bit confused at the start of all this, but that's all." Boy, that's certainly the understatement of the century. I felt like my head was going to explode...

"Now, if that's all we have to discuss," he continued, standing up, "then I'd like to get started with the Mirror. I'm no good for actual scouting, but I'm sure you all recall my sharp eye for detail. I certainly wouldn't be of much help for the undead issue. I'll see if I can spot any structures and report my findings to Nuruyamiko...Assuming, of course, I have your permission?" Eligos turned to look at Caveria and Zyxom, waiting for an answer.

Petroshka Petroshka Lindew Lindew God_himself God_himself Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Azure Sky Azure Sky

Overlord_Marker.png

“If the World Snake runs amok, I will personally see to her…discipline.” For the longest time, Zyxom had kept to himself, allowing the others to speak. But it seemed that the concern for all of their NPCs was the major cause for worry. And it was justified, seeing as they each had their fair share of monstrosities. To have the World Snake break free of their control was unsavory to their plans. Even so, it was just slightly obvious the masked man was enjoying all this commotion and upheaval.

That being said, when he spoke his words he looked to no one else but Caveria. Why wouldn’t he? Her opinion, as the great leader, was the only one that mattered realistically. It wasn’t like the Valkyrie had reason to doubt knowing his abilities and skills. Besides, it might have been a little bit fun to mess around with the purple-clad NPC. No doubt it would yield to him some interesting results.

With that established, the masked man went back into his careful observation of the conversation at hand. Orders had been given and Zael had asked a stupid question. Zyxom felt no need to ridicule the other Player; not when the other members were doing that in fair spades. Soon enough, even that too began to die down as everyone moved into their positions.

In response to Eligo’s inquiry, Zyxom only nodded before turning his masked gaze onto the others. “If there is nothing more to discuss, then we’re done here. You’ve all been given your orders. Go forward then and insure you do not fail the glory of Insomnia.” Assuming that no one had more to comment or question to him, he would soon phase out of sight like a haunted spirit.

Caverias smile grew when everyone seeming bounced off each others suggestions and ideas it meant they were working together rather than attempt to assert their opinions on how to do things. Nodding over at Zyxom's reassurance to her with Jormungand she trusted him to inform everyone about her status of loyality. "I dont have anything yet, for now, do we want to recall the NPC's to give them orders?" She was about to wave everyones dismissal but she remembered she had most of the NPC's on the walls and looking around the immediate area. Sinking in her seat slightly at the thought of one running amok either because of their new found freedom to defy their creators or because they believe they're helping the guild.

[class=image] margin: 10px; width: auto; padding: 0px [/class] [class=backgroundImage] background-image: url('https://image.ibb.co/cqxZ9H/c17604cad0da714d816c5451cb747ee1.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: cover; //https://wallpaper-house.com/data/out/9/wallpaper2you_316799.jpg// [/class] [class=backgroundSecondLayer] margin: 10px; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.9); [/class] [class=textSettings] margin: 10px; padding: 0px; color: black; text-align: justify; font-size: 1.25em; line-height: 1.1; [/class] [class=ShuuenSpeech] // "" // [/class] [class=JormSpeech] // "" // [/class] [div class=backgroundImage]
Overlord_logo.png

• "Seems like we are all set, then! We even have a gentleman as dashing as Master Reinhardt to keep us company. However, I'm afraid that I have to agree with Kinako here, beer steins aren't really the most appropriate vessels to savor a drink such as this one", Shuu'en said after Mr Reinhardt joined them at the Yoshiwara inn. She was in her usual good mood, sparing a moment to smile at Daifuku and thanking her for the cups, intent on easing the other girl's nervousness. If there's one thing that Shuu'en didn't like is seeing people being uncomfortable with themselves, she couldn't avoid bringing up her sisterly—or perhaps it was motherly?— instincts when confronted with such a situation.

"Please, you don't have to apologize. We have all been there before. Plus, we are the unexpected guests here, it would be unbecoming of us to expect you to deviate from your daily lives like this", Shuu'en said, brushing off the issues with the—admittedly funny— drunk slime girl. "I'm pretty sure that, if we were to go to the Crimson Lotus right now, Sun would be causing trouble as well", she added, mentioning one of her travel companions—SunWu, the Monkey King.

"Anyway, if you want to know the reason I'm here, other than being told to by Lady Yomiko", Shuu'en made a brief pause to pour a round of drinks for all of them, "the truth is that I believe that we should get more in touch with one another. If Lady Yomiko said that she wants us to reach a whole new level. To make sure that the names of Yoshiwara and the Crimson Lotus are known through all of this world and then, we can finally settle our dispute once and for all", she finished her statement before taking a drink of her cup and feeling her body warm up immediately, so much that the tip of her hair turned into embers momentarily.

"What about you, Mr Reinhardt? I thought you were not that interested in socialization but it seems I was wrong, right?" Shuu'en asked, while refilling Reinhardt's cup.

[/div][/div]
[/div]

Overlord_Marker.png

It was with some effort he masked the desire to cringe as his offer was politely rejected as something of a social faux paus among present company. Seeing as the atmosphere was still amicable he put away the offered gift and carried on as though it were all normal. "I see the wisdom in that. I would offer instead a drink from my own stocks, but my creator never deemed it worthwhile to leave me any."

Were it anyone else, Mr. Reinhardt would have thought it odd to offer a man a fantastic cup yet not the nectar to fill it with, but when it came to Zyxom it was without a doubt intentional.

He broke from his thoughts as the absurdity mounted even higher and he found a skewered slime stumble out, her body seemingly composed more of alcohol then actual slime. A twitch of the finger was all the indication he gave of desiring to aid her with the broom before he rationally assumed she wouldn't be inconvenienced by a paltry shaft betwixt her form.

"I can't help but wonder how effective a combatant a slime of pure grain alcohol would be. Debilitating to consume, and immune to freezing perhaps..." He mused softly to himself, one hand rising to stroke the stubble of his beard. It was a soothing gesture, and one he used to buy time as the constant beacon of outgoing expression beside him declared her intentions to the inn and proclaimed her desire for greater cooperation between the Supreme Beings creations.

"Me? I suppose, but I'm only following orders. Zyxom desires I establish order within Insomnia. It just seemed to me starting here was as good a place as any." Mr. Reinhardt shrugged, a titanic gesture which had his coat whirling about him as he spoke. "I'd never had much of a notion to stray from Mi'lord's side, and...I don't much desire for it, but If must, then I can take this opportunity to broaden my horizons."

"And if we are all created in the image of the Supreme Beings desires, then there is no harm in taking after them in manner and action. A group gathering of like minded servants can only benefit us as it is no doubt doing for them, no?" He concluded with an audible exhale and finding the words stiff and stilted to his own ears. His eyes settled on the wooden cups being brought out and hoped he could wet his parched throat sooner rather then later. "Let us drink to cooperation."

Mirtillo & The Benevolent Nemo

[Bullet Seed: Radar 360°]

One of Mirtillo's skills, which when Yggdrasil was a game could only be activated by the command of an actual player. Mirtillo'd fire one bullet into the air and it would split into multiple seeds in all directions. They'd fall and enter the ground, then peculiar plants with multiple eyes would grow. The plants would act as cameras, and trasmit information to Mirtillo, who'd in turn give it further to the player that activated the skill. Unless specific detection skills where used, these plants where invisible. Each level 35.

13fc51dbeb47d41b306a71d9beea8cab.jpg

But now that Mirtillo was sentient he could activate the skill out of his own free will (which he did), and also give the information or transfer the visual data to any of the Supreme Beings. But obviously, given his settings, the one he'd give the information to first was...

"Sir Nemo, Miss Jorm discovered one of the denizens of this area, which was spying on us. It is a goblin from the looks of it."
"Huh?" Nemo's thoughts on how chunni Zyxom seemed to bahave where interrupted by a familliar voice. He was quite freaked out when he heared Mirtillo's voice in his head (not that it would be visible on his... face?), but he figured it functioned as a PM so he quickly calmed down. "Oh I see. I will make sure to announce the rest."
"She also seems like she's about to kill it."
"Oh...Wait, what? Tell me that sooner. What is their position right now?"
"My apologies, Sir. Outside the city walls, opposite side to the Oyster. Would you like me to send you the visual data?"
"No time."
"Understoood."

"Ladies and gents, Mirtillo just announced me Jorm has found a goblin just outside the city walls, back of the city. And you all know her settings." Nemo didn't bother to tell more, and used his guild seal to teleport to the location.

"Jorm, wait! If you're gonna kill it, at least torture it for information first!"
-Nemo, 2018​

Seriously, how could she forget the basics...

God_himself God_himself Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Lindew Lindew Aimless Vagabond Aimless Vagabond Kuronoyomihime Kuronoyomihime

Seek and destroy, the simplest of commands known to Maladans, one that was most usual for him to follow, since it was, after all, the reason for his creation. For him, it was the hidden meaning behind the word "scouting," and since there were no restrictions given to him at this time...

Pew!

The sound of a fired rifle echoes through the small forest which the houndmaster had infiltrated. Lifeless, an ogre falls to the ground, making a loud thud upon impact. Surely, any being currently residing within the woods was alerted by this, especially the small horde of minuscule, green beasts acting comrade to the giant, now all charging towards the source of disturbance. In unison, they'd chant battle hymns and swing their weapons above their heads, advancing forward.

"Foolish creatures... coming right for their demise," Maladans would mutter under his breath, before speaking aloud, "Greater Hellhounds, step forth!" His racial, which allowed him to store demonic beasts within his own body would be activated, six Greater Hellhounds would appear in front of him in a burst of flame, leaving six of the many jaw-like orifices plastered upon his body gaping open. His smile would grow all-wide, he'd point in the direction of the incoming mongrel horde, commanding his hounds, "Fetch!" Immediately after this, the hounds would sprint off.

A short period of more goblin chants would pass, before the hymns would devolve into sounds of battle, screams and ultimately silence, the green devils turned into a display of unsightly gore, either repulsive or mesmerizing, depending on the observer. As ordered, the hounds would all carry pieces of goblin to their master, each dropping their "cargo" in front of the houndmaster's feet, creating a small pile of the organic material. Much to the appeasement of Maladans, four of the six trophies were heads, with mostly intact ears still attached to them. When it came to the killing of goblins, the ears were the most important part, after all. He'd secure the ears of the maimed creatures, before recalling his hounds, declaring this part of his mission a success inside his head, and moving along, deeper into the forest.

Seek and destroy, an activity he underwent daily, under the name of scouting. That was, after all, the purpose he was given at creation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuru Nuruyamiko
"Oh.... That kind of different eh?" Nuruyamiko mused, hiding some embarrassment at assuming Zeal's question to be the obvious one. Based on what Nemo is able to imply, Zeal was asking if they felt different mentally. In that case, it took her a moment to think. Did she feel any different? Her thought processes are still the same but maybe time will tell.

"If you mean how I feel and all.... I still feel more or less the same.... I... I guess...?" Nuruyamiko stated, slumping back into her throne and seemingly starting to mope. She kept silent as the meeting continued, drowning out the meeting with her own sudden realization that maybe they aren't just stuck in this world. Maybe... this world will slowly start to warp their minds until all memory of their old lives slowly vanish, taken over by what could possibly be a worse version of themselves. Will I... change too...?

Shaking that thought from her head, she managed to snap herself back into reality in time for Zyxlom to announce the meeting to be wrapped up and done with. Seizing this opportunity to go find a quieter place to think, she hopped off her throne and with a very well-faked smile declare, "Well I should go prepare for scouting then. Later everyone!"

With that, she practically bolted out of the War Room and quickly used her Guild Seal to teleport to her own personal room in the Yoshiwara inn. Once in the privacy of her own 'office' of sorts, she slumped into her seat behind the rather chic looking desk and groaned.

"..... What's going to happen to me...?"

Kinako
"Kehahahaha! You look really funny now, Aneki!" Yokan burst out laughing as he and his twin sister Uiro jogged over to the skewered Sapphire Slime. Who, despite her condition, was more interested in the Gourd Shuu'en carried. "Ooooh! Is that the Gourd of the Golden Peach Garden? I always wanted to sample some...."

"And we shall... Once you keep still and actually let Yokan and Uiro help you first, Koku. Sheesh... I'm surprised you're still sober with all that alcohol already in your system.... Again, I apologize for this display... Were the Madame here...." Kinako scowled, shooting a glare at the drunk slime as the twins took a firm grip on the mop and with one swift tug, free it from Kokumotsu's body. During this whole debacle, Mitsuba only sighed and cheerfully watched the whole happy mess. The succubus only looked away to lustfully stare at Mr.Reinhardt, no doubt enjoying some male company for once. As for Daifuku, the little vampire miko vanished from sight once again, the only sign of her presence being a slight shifting of one of the tablecloths and the presence of 8 total cups on the table. As Shuu'en poured them all drinks, the twins and Kokumotsu have settled into nearby seats. Kinako and Mitsuba listened as Shuu'en explained her reasons for stopping by and Kinako chuckled when SunWu, the joyous and rather mischievous Monkey King, was mentioned.

"That Ape, I hope he's well at least." Kinako chuckled as the topic soon turned to Shuu'en adding that she was hoping that they would get to know each other better. An interesting prospect. A chance for their similarly themed future compatriots to know them better. As Shuu'en handed around the filled cups and seemingly proposing a challenge to let the outsiders decide which inn is better. Kinako smirked at the idea and stood up, raising her cup.

"Well, that is an interesting wager, Shuu'en. I'm sure we already know which inn is better but I'll drink to that anyway. To a long lasting cooperation between Yoshiwara and the Crimson Lotus," Kinako declared before downing her dri-WHAT IS THIS?! "T-This drink...."

"Ah. I see." Mitsuba softly giggled as she placed her cup down.
"Oh." Uiro smiled softly as she felt a pleasant warmth pass through her body.

"Uooh! This is good stuff!" Yokan cheered, almost smashing his cup down on the table before his sister calmly intercepted it.
"..... Ehe..." Daifuku's soft laugh can be heard from under a nearby table.

"...... Tastes alright I guess...." Kokumotsu sighed, putting her cup down.

"Ufufu~ I guess drinking all the time has numbed you to new alcohol, Kokumotsu?" Mitsuba teased the slime as Kinako eyed the Gourd and back to her empty cup. Shuu'en was busy talking to Mr.Reinhardt and refilling his cup. A part of her wanted very much to ask for a refill but she felt that her pride as the second in charge of Yoshiwara would be shot if she did. Caught between a rock and a hard place, she was running out of options.

Nuru Nuruyamiko
"Oh? This looks like plenty of fun going on here. I hope that there is no problems to be had?" Nuruyamiko cheerfully announced her arrival by slowly and deliberately walking down the steps from the second floor to the main lobby where the NPCs are gathered. After moping over her potential loss of mental identity, she decided that other matters hold more importance than her own personal feelings. Like getting a proper handle on their surroundings for example.

"Welcome back, Madame! We, the Servants of Yoshiwara are ready for your orders." Kinako declared, already standing in line with the other Yoshiwara NPCs, kneeling in reverence to their creator. With a curt nod and smile, they rose and stood at attention. Or their own versions of attention. Kinako was stonefaced as usual, Mitsuba had a serene smile on her face, Yokan was busy fidgeting slightly, Kokumotsu seemed to be having problems standing straight, leaving Uiro and Daifuku being the only two who seemed actually ready.

"Its nice to see you all prepared. "Nuruyamiko glanced at Kokumotsu's unsteady form. "Well.... mostly at least. Before I continue, might the two of you explain what you are doing here? Shuu'en of the Crimson Lotus and Mr.... Reinhardt was it?"

Lothern

The town of nearby Lothern was enjoying a rather peaceful night so far, monster attacks have been abnormally low, their fisheries are full and ready to be transported. However as its people were ready to sleep in for the night, a loud boom followed by a low droning sound woke everyone up. People rushed outside their homes to see what was wrong, sleepy guards quickly stood at attention rushing to the walls to see if the monsters finally attacked but they all stood mouth agape as what they found outside was not a horde of monsters but a large spire stretching into the skies in the distance. With goosebumps and panic slowly settling in the townsfolk looked to the baron of the town to see what he would do about the situation.

In a rash decision the Baron hired adventurers to go and make contact with whatever was inside the walls of the strange structure to make sure whatever it was it wasn't hostile and if the adventurers were to happen to be missing it wouldn't take from the town guard who were arguably better at fighting and defending. He also sent a courier to get a message to a 'nearby' City that a mysterious structure that was even larger than theirs appeared out of no where and they might need the army for assistance.

Monsters
The monsters around Lothern were gathering their forces for a good chance at a large siege into the tasty inhabitants of the town on the coast, unfortunately so far most of their low to medium scale sieges have been unsuccessful due to the roble kingdoms policy on almost all villages being defended with walls and fortifications. they were a few thousand strong with hundreds of ogres, goblins and various other vermin, most notably ratmen. They had all eyes on Lothern and if any of the foolish humans left their walls, being caught 'off guard' when the city of Ioavollr just suddenly appeared was a understatement. The leaders of the various clans of vermin and monsters acted independent of each other and some decided to attack the new walls wondering if they could possibly eat whatever is inside and the more cautious elements decided to send scouts to see what they were dealing with.

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow @Beto Azure Sky Azure Sky Kuronoyomihime Kuronoyomihime Garomorlem Garomorlem God_himself God_himself Lindew Lindew AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami Aimless Vagabond Aimless Vagabond

Overlord_logo.png

• "Actually, I kinda envy you guys for that", Shuu'en said following Mr. Reinhardt's comment about how they were all made in the image of the Supreme Beings. "My relationship with Lady Yomiko is kinda different, I don't have the luck to have been brought to life by her hands. I do owe a lot for the time when she helped me realize my destiny, however. In fact, if it wasn't for her help I think that I would never be able to meet SunWu, Gen, Bikko, and even you all. So, in a way, we are not really that different... I guess?" Shuu'en's words were loaded with a warm, sentimental tone, as she recalled the memories of her journey and the traveling companions that were even now in the Crimson Lotus, the new home that Lady Yomiko built for them.

The boisterous words coming from Kinako brought Shuu'en back to reality in time for the flame-haired bird take part in the toast. "Yes, I'm sure that we all know which of us can offer a more luxurious service, right?" She said, flashing a challenging grin at her rival of sorts.

Their momentary reprise was cut short when none other than Yoshiwara's mistress walked into the inn and, naturally, demanded some explanations.

Shuu'en bowed courteously once NuruNuru addressed her and Mr. Reinhardt. "Before anything else, I beg your pardon for the unannounced intrusion, Lady Nuru Nuruyamiko. I came to your domain following the word of Lady Yomiko. She wishes for the Yoshiwara and the Crimson Lotus to join forces and have their names known through all of this new world that we found ourselves into. She also asked that we—the Crimson Lotus' denizens— be under your guard while she's away. As a proof of good will, Lady Yomiko sent me to be at your service in whatever way you see fit", she said, as soon as she was given the permission to speak.

The serene, yet tempting smile gracing Shuu'en's lips made it sure that 'whatever way' really meant any way NuruNuru might see fit.

[/div][/div]
[/div]

Overlord_Marker.png

When the Great Snake had appeared in Zyxom's chambers, she would find him tinkering away in private studies. That is to say, as he sat upon his lonesome throne, a black book was being silently leafed through. She had interrupted his reading. One leg slightly crossed, he didn’t even look up to acknowledge Juno’s arrival, not until he had finished the sentence he was reading. Only then did the black book fade away into nothing and he turned his sights onto the wretched creature she brought before him.

“A denizen of this new world no doubt,” he said aloud, knowing there would be no escape for the goblin. Hearing that one of his Guildmates wanted to torture the monster didn’t surprise him in the least. Slowly he rose out of his throne and approached the pinned goblin. “Using your Gravity Well to keep it in place? How very cruel of you,” he said to Juno.

“Yet I suppose torturing it would be that much crueler. No, there are more effective methods to obtain information regarding our surroundings. Certainly not through such barbaric matters.” Standing over the goblin now, Zyxom held out a hand. He continued to reach forward, inching closer, until said hand was going right through the monster’s head. It phased through the goblin’s skull and whatever struggles it once had died down to a slow twitching.

“Let us see what we may extract. Show us your world through your eyes little one,” Zyxom said to the goblin. Immediately he was shown flashes of not only Maladans’ assault outside but of a city that looked to be under siege; or was about to. “Oh? You seem to be busy for something that claims innocence,” the masked man said to the comatose goblin. His hand remained in place, curiosity still driving his quest for knowledge.

All the same, the images of that town were very interesting. At once he sent a message to both Mr. Reinhardt and Caveria regarding the situation. Whether they should get involved was up to the leader’s decision after all, but no doubt it would serve an opportunity to explore this new world while also brandishing their name. At last, Zyxom removed his hand from the goblin’s head, having seen all that he cared to, before looking at Juno. “You may consume it. I have no more use for this enemy of Insomnia.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back