• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The New World - an Overlord rp

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

God_himself

World's Worst Necromancer
[20:00:00]
Ioavollr, the hq of the guild master of Insomnia was rarely full of players, however, today was an exception. Today the crystalline castle was full of players and their npcs. Today, was the shutdown of Yggdrasil. For the past 12 years players from across Japan (and anyone who could speak Japanese) sunk hour apon hours in the game. However all good things must come to an end, and today was that day. Living up to the guild name, the members of Insomnia were meeting up at night to say their farewells.

[21:00:00]
The last members expected have arrived, and celebrations truly commenced. Eating tasteless virtual foods and recounting tales of the guilds past in it's prime. For today just might be the last time many of these people will see eachother again. Even with such a variety of players in the guild, from elder slimes to angles, each one of them was a human being with a job to do in the real world.

[22:00:00]
Laughter and cheers erupted from the arena as comrades faced eachother and the guild's npcs for the last time. A final test of skill in a world that they rose too the top of. Of course some of these duels enred in death, however it wouldn't matter, after all it's nothing a resurrection spell or some in game currency couldn't fix, it's the last day after all. They wouldn't need there mountains of Yggdrasil gold after tonight.

[23:30:00]
Time flew by fast, as some of the more tired comrades said their farewells, the guild headquarters began to quite down. As the remaining guild members returned themselves and their npcs to their own guild bases within the city, to enjoy their final moments. As message chats came to an end as the public chat was spamed with farewells from the devs.

[23:59:57]
It was fun.

[23:59:58]
Irreplaceable memories have been made.

[23:59:59]
But all good things must come to an end.

[00:00:00]

Last edited:
Caveria was watching the clock as it ticked down to Yggdrasil's final moments both with happy nostalgia and melancholic worry, what was she going to do during her free time after Yggdrasil? It was like a second life to her, something to keep her from slaving away 24/7 and leave something of desire to want to come back home. But once the timer hit 00:00:00 she wasnt booted, confused she looked around at her fellow guild members. "uh, aren't we supposed to be booted?" Maybe the devs extended the deadline? She tried to pull up her HUD to look up if there was any news but when she tried the familiar interface didn't pop up.

Outwardly she tried to keep a poker face up but inwardly she was asking questions left and right endlessly. "...can you guys use your Heads Up Display?" She looked back up to her friends to meet their eyes.

Maladans was supposed to be fulfilling his usual routine of hunting out in the wilds and occasionally killing a person or two. He was dismissed to do so sometime after the clock hit the ninth hour of the afternoon, to return next day morning. Well, today, it seems, something prohibited him from doing so.

Walking down the streets which lead up to the spire, humming a melody, grin on his face, he was deep in thought. Just that would be quite unusual on its own, but what he was about to report on? "Most curious."

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric sat down in his VIP area, if he was going to stay until the end, he would do so in his hot springs, his highest level undead roamed the resort, unable to comprehend what could possibly be happening. All of his work would be gone in an instant, all of his customized undead, his guests of honor, the overseer liches*. Of course they all started off as some of his very, very expensive pops, but they were special, for they had cool names. Clearly establishing a need for the VIP treatment.

Each one customized to the last Decaying skin cell. Looking back on it, he might have gone abit overboard, if not for their eyes and auras, they would look human, good times. He looked to his right, standing there was The All Father, a loli lich, and he pet project, he remembered the arguments he got in with his guild mates, no having his only custom npc a loli did not make him a pedophile, someone had to have gone further than him in that aspect.

"Mara, can you please get me a drink."
「Command not recognized.」

He sighed, the AI was quite basic when it came down to Yggdrasil, npcs can't comply with complex commands, yet he tried anyway, he was a roleplayer, it's what he did. He looked at the clock as it counted down.
[23:59:57]
[00:00:01]
[00:00:02]
[00:00:03]
"Huh?" Eric mumbled.

"Master Zael, is there anything I can help you with?" A soft voice let out. "After all as your apprentice, it's my job to aid you."

"Wait, what?" A deep, haunting voice echoed, "whats going on exactly?"

*Overseer Lich- a rank of lich between an elder lich and an overlord teir undead.

It was bittersweet time for Eastwood. For the past few years he had spent his heart and soul into this game and now the book was closing. It was something inevitable though, no game ever lasted forever. The servers closing down was something that was going to occur eventually, he just wished he could get a refund on how much money he poured into Yggdrasil. Though it wasn't entirely a waste.

He looked around the room. It had gotten pretty hectic, but it was starting to settle down. They had pigged out on virtual food, taking advantage of the fact that this wasn't reality and they wouldn't suffer things like obesity or stomach aches.

They had fought each other one last time as to let go of old grudges and settle fights mostly of the who could beat who kind. It didn't matter, it was a game.

Eastwood himself had put on a gun show to commentate the player skills he cultivated over years of playing the game. It was probably the closest thing they would see to a real gun show, as guns were illegal in realife Japan.

All the partying had gone silent. Most were looking down at the counter a few had left the room. Even if the virtual faces of their avatars didn't move the emotions of sadness were clear. Though to Date, he wasn't actually that sad about it.

Yggdrasil will eventually get a sequel. It was inevitable. A such a popular game like this one, there's no way anyone would let go of such a treasure trove. It wasn't just the money, but the dedication of the player base. Yggdrasil would return. All they had to was find each other again, they could just think of it extended break. All the hard work could be rebuilt, it wasn't over.

Ten seconds left...

Nine seconds...

Eight seconds...

Seven seconds...

Six seconds...

Five seconds...

Four seconds...

Three...

Two...

One...

Zero...

Date closed his eyes and then opened them and he was still in Yggdrasil. He wasn't taken back to the start menu, he wasn't logged out, at first he thought it was just lag. Then Caveria spoke.

"uh, aren't we supposed to be booted?"

Huh? Eastwood rubbed his eyes as Caveria checked her heads up display. This had to be a glitch.

"...Can you guys use your heads up display?"

Eastwood snapped his fingers. He didn't need to, but it was just a habit, he did when opened his HUD. He couldn't. Eastwood took a breath and said.

"It's Probably just a glitch, it will probably be fix in a few moments. At least we get a bit more time right?"

Date gave the simple logical explanation. It may just be a blessing in disguise, at least they would get a few more moments. At that thought Eastwood grinned...

Avatars can't grin... they can't show a facial expression at all. Eastwood put his hand over his mouth confirming that his mouth had moved.

He looked at the others with a totally confused expression.

Overlord_Marker.png
“The HUD display seems to have malfunctioned.” The deep, and perhaps intimidating, voice came from the ground near Caveria. Specifically, it echoed right in front of the Valkyrie, spoken without a physical person in sight. A moment’s wait later and something began to rise from the floor up like a haunting spirit from the dead. Or rather, it was someone; Zyxom, as resolute and stoic as ever, soon stood before the leader of their prestiged Guild.

“Or perhaps, it no longer exists.” The masked Avatar gave a passing glance to nearby human; as it turned out, Date was also having issues with his HUD display. “If the both of you are having trouble, then we can rule out the possibility of glitches in the network. The system has been shut down; there should be no glitches of which to delude in.”

Date’s smile seemed to confirm more things, eliciting emotion from his Avatar. Although Zyxom couldn’t share in the sentiments, it was perhaps proof enough to narrow down the list of factors. “Assuming this is an attempt to hack the game in its last stages, what do you suggest we do,” the masked man asked, turning his gaze to Caveria.

As leader, she would need to gather whoever was left in the Guild’s domain. And it was to be his job to ensure her law was carried out swiftly and with efficient manner. But nothing could be done until the Valkyrie gave an order of some kind. Despite the recent events, it didn’t seem like Zyxom’s player was too concerned with their predicament right now. Maybe they were enjoying this newfound level in their roleplaying….

Last edited:
As the guild members she was near checked their HUD's to no avail it was easy to guess what was happening, Caveria had heard her employees talking all too often about these types of shows back at the office. Her hands balled into fists and she could almost hear the metal straining under the pressure she was giving them, 'keep calm Cav, panicking only makes things worse.' Her grip loosened but they were still solid in their form. "gather all guild members who stayed until shut down here, we need a meeting." She gave Zyxom a serious glare but that was quickly broken when she heard one of the NPC's talk. "Shall i gather them through messaging the others, High Queen Selvernas?" Caveria shot a look to where the soft spoken voice was and her heart skipped a beat when she saw Akudez, one of the NPC's she made to mange what the other NPC's of insomnia were doing, was kneeling before her.

"uh, did you just... speak?" Staring at the Nephilim both in shock and in awe of what she heard she glared at Zyxom with an obvious 'somethings very very wrong' expression on her face. "hm? Of course ma'am, how else will i fulfill my duties? i suppose i could go to each and every one of them although that would take a considerable amount of time." The NPC placed a hand on her chin and her eyes widened. "N-not that i wouldnt do it!" Caveria could only stare at her creation with fear and amazement 'well i did program her to be too smart for her own good maybe i should've left that part out' She shook her head to get rid of her thoughts. "No, right now its safer for Z... Zy-xom.. to do it" Now that she thought about it his name is pretty hard to pronounce with so many awkward letters.

Lindew Lindew Shiyonichi Shiyonichi

The transition from one world to the next, while jarring for the players, was as seamless as could be for those lacking their view. For an NPC, it was as though they stood on a patch of ice till it gradually melted and left them upon solid ground without a single step taken. Thoughts, memories, and emotions were as thought they always were, and as such, Mr. Reinhardt found his stolid visage sagging in confusion as he followed in his Creator's wake. Though in this case that was via the door, rather then flipping off the physical nature of his surroundings. Dressed in a tasteful suit with a tie hanging loosely from his neck, he looked to all the world like a man from the world his Creator had long neglected in his pursuits of advancement in Yggdrasil.

Long, confident strides crossed the throne room's threshold and he took his place beside Zyxom, his eyes cast towards the angelic monarch currently occupying the throne. Her mannerisms were decidedly off, far more expressive then he thought typical, though he cast aside such thoughts when the oddness of their collective words struck him. "A glitch? Error?"

He wouldn't dare vocalize it but this all sounded akin to one of Zyxom's schemes, yet the NPC could tell just by the subtle surge of enthusiasm this was even beyond his Creator's works. Such a thing was a long past luxury, one neither had tasted since their Guild had first conquered Yggdrasil's greatest raids, or crushed the mightiest Guilds who opposed them in open combat. The thought of such a thing was...intriguing, to say the least.

"Mi'lords, I was under the impression Insomia's protections would negate any such World Magics as you seem to allude to." He offered, voice diplomatic even through the deep cadence of his speech.

She looked up confused "that's strange.I thought the servers would have logged me out automatically" she gets up and rushes to the throne room to find it empty"oh yeah that's right.He logged out yesterday.Maybe the servers didn't actually shut down.Maybe it was all just a prank" she sat on the throne and began to think.

[23:59:00]
"Well.... I guess this is the end of it all...." Nuruyamiko sighed, gazing over the town from one of the castle's balconies. Feeling the simulated wind blow pass as she shifted her gaze skywards. The wide, boundless sky is a far cry to the choking cesspool of smog in the real world. She wondered what sort of life she'll have back in that broken world of respirators, paperwork, and artificial nutrient supplements. Tugging at the wakizashi her avatar carried, she turned her gaze off towards the Yoshiwara District and the little inn she took to running. The hours she spent in refurbishing the place with the occasional sucker helping her out. Not to mention the 5 NPCs she made to 'run' the place in her absence or to really just feel less alone.

[23:59:45]
"Goodbye... Everyone.... Time for a reality check...." She sighed, closing her eyes to feel the fake peace and serenity of the game. She quickly recalled the various misadventures she had with her Guild mates, smiling when she remembered the time she kept lobbing the water balloon party item at Selvernas just to annoy her when she was bored. It was also amusing how their usually stoic Guild leader responded by lobbing a sword, a halberd, a pike, and a mace in her direction. Good times.

[00:00:00]
[00:00:01]
".... What's taking so.... long....?" Nuruyamiko opened her eyes when the booting message didn't pop-up and she still found herself staring at the town. Confusion overwhelmed her as she slowly stepped back into the Castle. Brisk walking down the empty hallways, she attempted to pull up the HUD but found that it didn't work anymore. Being so deep in her thoughts, she literally walked into an NPC.

"Tch, watch where ya go- Oh. My apologizes, Madame. I should have paid more attention to my surroundings." A yukata clad lady apologized, bowing.

"Madame...? Wh-" Nuruyamiko gasped as she realized who was bowing to her. A short haired lady with a rather off-putting expression that's a mix of boredom, irritation, and an attempt to respect the person she's talking to. "K-KINAKO?! You talk?!"

"...... Of course I can talk... You're being weirder than usual today, Madame. Are you feeling sick? Should I tell the others to prepare your bed and have Daifuku make some soup?" Kinako politely offered, showing mild concern at her creator's behavior. As for Nuruyamiko, her head is swirling with a whole maelstrom of questions. Was this a prank? Was the server shutdown actually a server update? And if so, why isn't the HUD working. Shaking those thoughts from her head she took a deep breath to calm herself. She recalled that she would always set Kinako's AI to follow her if she set the Castle as the objective. Purely out of a roleplay sense.

"N-No... That won't be necessary, Kinako. Thank you for the concern but I'll have to speak with the rest first. Do you recall where the other Guild members are?" Nuruyamiko asked, slowly getting back into character while wondering if that is really necessary.

"Of course. The other Lords and Ladies should be back in the Throne Room." Kinako responded, fiddling with a shuriken while doing so. Nuruyamiko remembered that she would often do that when she was bored and not annoying the Guild Leader.

"Right... Let us move then...."

Zael sat down at his desk in his private quarters in the Oasis. He had many questions on his mind, but now is the time for that. His desk was stacked with a mixture of complete and incomplete paperwork and poor Mara was stuck running back and forth to all the sectional supervisors.

"Master Zael, I have the next set of papers. And forgive me, I am unaware of what a 'pop' is, but your 'pop' manager says that the minor undead won't stop rising."
"Uhhh, my Lord, are you there?"

Zael snapped back to reality, logistics and operational concerns have been all he's been able to think about, to the point where he didn't even realize that he was fading into his chair.

"Mara, I hate to trouble you some more, but can you get the void gate back open. We need to relocate these new undead, and while your at it, go down to reception and inform the lich at the front desk that I want everything in top shape."

"Of course my Lord, it is no trouble" The young lich bowed and walked out of the bedroom.

Zael let out a deep sigh, he finally had some time to process everything that just happened. Important fact number 1, he is currently working in his personal hq in Insomnia.

Important fact number 2, his npc and all of his pop undead were alive, or in a state of undeath.

Which leads into fact number 3, his pops won't stop spawning, and that's a huge problem. Back during his earlier days in Yggdrasil, Eric spent hundreds of dollars to customize his pops and visuals of things like exp and gold. And if the low to high teir undead spawned past his already massive pop cap, the Oasis would be flooded. His void space* hopefully can hold all of these undead.

"My Lord, I have completed all of the tasks you have given me." The petite undead said with a smile. "Is there anything else you require from me my Lord?"

Zael stood up, and placed a hand on his assistant. "Why yes, there is one more thing I need you to do for me."

He hands Mara his copy of the guild seal*. "Head to the Ioavollr, and invite all of my comrades and their assistants to the Oasis. If someone is not there, don't bother going for them."

The small girl bowed and ran out the door, she closed her eyes and channeled Mana into the seal. And when her eyes opened, she was there, but there was a problem. For the seal dropped her dead into the center of the throne room.

She bowed, "Forgive my intrusion, but my lord Zael Leere would like to invite you all to the Decaying Oasis."

Void space: an area of storage, not practical due to the fact that they required a gateway to open. And said gateways are constantly camped.
Guild seal: the guilds equivalent of the in guild warp ring.

Last edited:
[class=image] margin: 10px; width: auto; padding: 0px [/class] [class=backgroundImage] background-image: url('https://image.ibb.co/cqxZ9H/c17604cad0da714d816c5451cb747ee1.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: cover; //https://wallpaper-house.com/data/out/9/wallpaper2you_316799.jpg// [/class] [class=backgroundSecondLayer] margin: 10px; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.8); [/class] [class=textSettings] margin: 10px; padding: 0px; color: black; text-align: justify; font-size: 1.25em; line-height: 1.1; [/class] [class=ShuuenSpeech] // "" // [/class] [class=JormSpeech] // "" // [/class] [div class=backgroundImage]
[div class=backgroundSecondLayer][div class=textSettings]
Overlord_logo.png
  • Somewhere within Insomnia's massive base, Shuu'en, a being that normally wouldn't be able to leave her place at the Crimson Lotus Palace—the Chinese themed district which had a harmless rivalry with Yoshiwara, thanks to their different approaches to the same concept— was walking the streets of the city with a much larger degree of free-will than Yggdrasil's programming should allow.

She was headed towards the Throne Room where all the Supreme Beings gathered, carrying a message from her own—very irresponsible— Mistress. Shuu'en was immediately confused, soon as she arrived at the meeting. All of the Supreme Beings seemed extremely distraught by, or where talking about, something that seemed to make as much sense for as as for the other followers in accompanying their respective Masters. Nevertheless, she introduced herself with a practiced bow, making the elegance of her design evident.

"It's an honor to be in your presence Supreme Beings of Insomnia. I come with a message on behalf of Lady Yomiko. She said, 'Using using magic to do this kind of talk is boring. My opinion about this situation is that we may as well have gotten ourselves in a plot like the one of that novel series, of Blade Art Online,, or we somehow go transported the world of Yggdrasil for real. Either way, I'm going to perform my own parallel investigation. While I'm out, I'll leave Shuu'en and the others in your hands. Please, tell NuNu to good care of them'", she said, after a momentary pause, to be sure she was given permission to speak. "While I don't understand what Lady Yomiko meant to say, we will devote our bodies and soul to the will of the Supreme Beings. Under request of Lady Yomiko, we will be following Lady Nurunuruyamiko's words for the time being."

[/div][/div]
[/div]

Last edited:

Overlord_Marker.png
The masked man said nothing to their leader’s apparent annoyance; were he of the emotive type, he might have shrugged away her paltry glares. But he entertained the notion of amusing her for now, listening as she gave the order for him to contact every member in Insomnia. He would have carried it out without a word, were it not for the presence of rude interruptions. The first of which was the NPC called Mr. Reinhardt.

“Worry not of this current crisis, Reinhardt,” said Zyxom, turning a red-eyed gaze onto the butler warrior. “You should be ensuring there is no chaos or dissonance among the rest of our NPCs. Once you’ve organized them accordingly with the appropriate task, confirm our current location.” As he said this, the masked Avatar turned back to Caveria. “There is a very real possibility we may have been moved from our Guild’s location. Assuming this is no game error.”

Zyxom thus ignored any more intrusions, save for a certain purple-armored warrior. Reinhardt was also given his duties; and ironically enough, two other NPCs had joined them, no doubt to receive orders from Reinhardt. “Shouldn’t you be locked in your cage, Snake of the World,” was all Zyxom had to say to Jorm, not even turning his gaze away from in front of him. With no user interface available, he simply made the gesture of sending a message….and it seemed to work.

Explanations could be brought up later; for now he began to message every player still active within Insomnia, giving them instruction of what to do. That is, until the NPC Mara made such a bold suggestion by her master as to invite them to Decaying Oasis.

Before sending his message all throughout the Guild, Zyxom looked to Caveria with what looked like a questioning gaze; it was always so difficult to say with his mask. “Shall we gather here or as Zael Leere suggests. You are leader of us, and as such, your word is absolute law.” He waited for the Valkyrie to pick a spot, ready to make the order on her behalf.

Last edited:
They where in an another world... Date had to accept the fact that this wasn't the game they knew. The sudden gain of facial expressions and the autonomy of the NPCs had supported the fact that they weren't in Kansas anymore. Though he had to question why he wasn't as panicked over this as he should have been, even if he was naturally level headed the current fact should at least warrant a few moments of disbelief.

He was deep in thought when a voice no bigger than a whisper as the air behind his cracked open, as a hole in time pulsating with purple energy formed, as a golden eye with a gear like pupil stared out from the void.

"Good evening master."

Eastwood glanced back into the rift, having regained his composure, he knew who this disembodied voice was.

"Seer, nice of you to call. I suppose you have something about the current situation?"

Seer, was an NPC rarely seen outside Machincal Hearts, and it was no different here, as Seer was communicating with the occupats of the room using the skill: [Abyssal Rift] and Seer's body was still back at the tower. The golden eye shifted from left to right scanning around the room, before noticing the other players. Seer spoke up, so that everyone can hear.

"Ah, forgive me for being rude. It is an honor to glance upon your glory, the supreme beings of Insomnia! I came to report several space time disruptions akin to that of a mass teleport, however, I do not what caused these disruptions. My deepest apologies."

Date sighed a bit of this news as it would appear the new world theory was starting to pile on more and more evidence to support it. Well at least it would seem that his thoughts of the game not being over came half true. Eastwood then gave Seer several orders to relay upon the NPC's under his direct control.

"Have Joker start creating high level automations and put them into defensive positions after he's finished send him to our position. King, Queen, and Jack will remain at their original positions. Send out Ace with several recon troopers to scout out the area, have them avoid any combat and map out our surroundings if she can find Yomiko have her report back. Seer please lock down any external teleports."

Seer responded back.

"Roger, I shall be taking my leave."

With that the rift closed and the air around it reformed leaving behind a faint smell of oil and squid.

Last edited:
"Ich.." 'Eric know's how i feel about undead' Caveria looked at her options mentally and ignoring the interruptions around her, the undead oasis was isolated and essentially in another plane of reality which would make any conversation there secure. But it would be a hassle to get everyone there especially at such a short notice.. Using [Message], which she somehow just 'used' so only Zyxom could hear. "Tell every player to gather at the war room in Ioavollr and dont being their npc's." That should send a message to the others that it was something serious, they haven't used the war room for a long time. It was naturally secure and it could be reinforced away from any prying eyes and ears. "Also send a message to Er-, Zael that its an emergency and its better to use familiar ground where its easy to get to." Caveria Started to walk toward the war room, before stopping and turning to Zyxom, "And no NPC's, yet." She turned around to everyone in the room, specifically the NPC's.

"Tell your creators to gather in the war room" What was it that they kept calling them? Quickly glancing at Yomino's NPC she looked back at all of them. "The Supreme Beings are having an emergency meeting to a realization of what might have happened." Caveria kept a stoic face, she was used to this kind of thing giving speeches and presentations at company meetings and all. "Please gather them here." Looking at Akudez once again to talk to her. "Tell the non essential NPC's (specifically the battle capable ones) to scout outside the city, take care and to immediately return once they hear from you again, there will be a gathering outside of Ioavollr soon so i expect them to be here." Twirling around on her heel she walked away to the war room not waiting for anyone's confirmation, seeing how only Zyxom's was the most relevant right now and he could just message her.

Last edited:
Date raised an eyebrow at Caveria's orders. It would appear that Caveria was actually pretty panicked on the inside, otherwise she wouldn't have made such a mistake.

Sending out all combat related NPC is overkill and ineffective. Most NPCs were not made for scouting reasons and made for pure combat, the amount that they would find is minuscule. Furthermore, a scouting party needs to be small otherwise they would easily get spotted and sending out all those NPCs would cause the guild HQ to become a sitting duck as a team of players could easily tear though POPs like butter.

Eastwood let Caveria go, she should at least get sometime to think and he didn't want to call her out infront of everyone. Instead he corrected the order she gave to the NPCs. He stopped all the NPCs from leaving to explain.

"Wait, what Caveria meant to say was, to send out all the non essential NPCs with recon capabilities."

Eastwood then dismissed the NPCs and then sent a message to Seer.

{Change of orders, have Joker stand guard around the perimeter of the meeting place.}

Of course he didn't know if they could use their combat related skills, so he had Joker at least stand guard in case of trouble, at least they wouldn't be completely defenseless.

Well that reminded him... he should at least try out if they had combat skills. Eastwood grabbed a cup from off the table. Putting it infront of his face he whispered.

"Marked for death."

Nothing, so Eastwood tried again. He had no idea what was going on, what did he have to equip a gun? Of course he did, that's how it worked in the game and the skill he was trying to use was a gun based skill, but where could he get a gun? Could he open his Inventory and grab Aurora and Corona?

A black abyss appeared behind Eastwood and out came a pairs of revolvers which then placed themselves into his hands.

IMG_0224.JPG

It would appear they could activate it by thought. So,does he just have to think...

[Marked for Death]

A crosshair appeared over the cup and Eastwood threw it into the air before turning around and firing a round. A shot rang out and the cup shattered behind him. It would appear the skill had it's intended effect, Homing.

Last edited:
Akudez looked at lord Eastwood with confusion, "Cav-er-a?" But before her question was answered, or even heard they were dismissed. What could lord east wood mean by Cav-er-a? from what she remembered there wasnt a supreme being named as such, and she couldnt disobey Lord Selvernas' orders, but she couldn't disobey Lord Eastwood's orders either. Although Selvernas' orders takes the higher priority being that she is both leader of us all and her own creator. She pondered these things as she walked outside Ioavollr, noticing the other NPC's looking at her for guidance she struck a fist on her hand. She'd have to carry them out soon! so she'll have to come up with a compromise. "All battle capable go to the walls to keep watch! those with stealth and reconnaissance abilities shall venture out to take a lay of the land until further orders!" Soon most of the NPC's whose supreme beings of old had left started to do as they were instructed, poor souls. But it seemed the NPC's whose creators are still with them seemed to have hesitated wondering what their creators were doing. She couldnt blame them.

Maladans made his way towards the room which served as the centre of today's and yesterday's celebrations, still humming his melodies, still grinning as he always did... or at least he thought that he always did. Before he could actually reach it however, he suddenly froze in place, his expression growing into a sort of half-frown as a voice resounded from within the throneroom, which now lay only a few sets of stairs away from him.

"All battle capable go to the walls to keep watch! Those with stealth and reconnaissance abilities shall venture out to take a lay of the land until further orders!"

He'd sigh, this means that the Supreme beings must have already learned of their compromised situation. Scouting was something Maladans could very much do, being a ranger and all, but the Houndmaster was not very fond of the activity, if anything, he'd at least have to put his own little spin to it.
He reached into one of his many pockets, pulling out a scroll out of it, he'd mutter,
"Message," the scroll dissipating in his hand.

"Iranon, I'm heading out of the city for a while, so all responsibility falls on you for the time being... If I return and anything that's not supposed to happen happens, I'll feed your intestines to the cinderwolves."

From the other side, a gentle, yet confident elven voice could be heard.

"Understood, and yes, I am aware. Good luck out there."

Maladans would bring about his provocative grin once more, without any other word, he'd start walking down the stairs again. At last, that outfit would come to use, he'd think to himself while making his way to the walls of the city.

This isn't good. This is very, very not good. Just what in the world is happening?

Eligos stood on the roof of his Exhibition Hall, gazing out over the city and the terrain beyond. Though he couldn't see much, what he could see was vastly different from what was supposed to be there. It was as if the entire city had been warped somewhere else, without so much as a whisper. This change in scenery wasn't his only concern, though.

A cold breeze blew in, causing Eligos's Butterfly Mantle to brush up against his ankles. Cold directional wind, soft fabric rubbing against a specific body part—the game's sensory data wasn't so complex. Plus he could feel his avatar's wings and tail, move them with just a single thought like he would an arm or leg. More than that, moving them was completely natural for him, as if he'd always had those limbs. It was all incredibly surreal for the shut-in.

"Lord, I have brought Raum, like you asked."

The new sensations were far from the most surreal thing, however.

Eligos turned to face his two NPCs, both on one knee, heads bowed and hand over heart. Abigor, his companion NPC, had just completed a task he never would have been able to assign her in Yggdrasil, and she was significantly more talkative and expressive than what the game's programming could do. She, his HQ's guardian Raum, and assumedly every other NPC in the city, had become completely autonomous. There's no way this is just a game anymore. Probably not a fever dream, either. So what, then?

"Very good," Eligos replied, somehow managing to keep his calm persona up despite the current situation. "Lift your heads and look out across the city walls. What do you see?"

Both NPCs complied, and Raum was the first to respond. "It looks as if the terrain has changed, my lord. Much less aesthetically pleasing, if you ask me. What has happened to it?"

"That's what I'd like to know. It seems someone, or something, moved the entire city and everyone in it without so much as a whisper." It seems the others have already put their pops to work securing the city. I'll focus on my own building, then. "Raum, I want you to go over the entire Exhibition Hall and ensure everything is as we left it. If even a single display is so much as facing a different direction, I want to know."

"It shall be done. Not a single mote of dust shall escape my gaze."

"...G-glad to hear it. Abigor, I want you to—hold on.......I've just received word from Zyxom, it seems our leader has called a meeting. I'll have you accompany me, Abigor, though you'll have to wait outside. It seems like it'll be a closed-doors type of gathering."

" 'Kay."

...Is that it? Abigor was certainly more deadpan in speech than Eligos had ever imaged she would be. Perhaps he hadn't been as meticulous in her settings as he thought.

Deciding to fly over to the war room instead of teleporting there, Eligos spread his wings and took to the skies. As with before, it all felt perfectly natural, which he couldn't help but find a tad disturbing. Abigor followed suit behind him, a pair of black-feathered wings sprouting from her back in a flash of light, and the two flew over the city, Eligos taking in every detail he could get. Even with the sudden wave of self-aware NPCs now moving about, the city still felt terribly empty. It had for a long time. Not everything has changed, I see.

Arriving at the city's center, he and Abigor landed outside the building the war room was located in. "Wait here for me," Eligos said to his companion. "I'll be back out once this meeting is over." With that, Eligos quickly made his way inside. Whatever was going on, he and the rest of the guild had to get a grasp on their new situation quickly, before things spiraled out of control.

Nuru Nuruyamiko
"...... Is something the matter, Madame? You've been.... staring at me.... More so than usual.... And its kinda creeping me out...." Kinako politely grumbled, leveling a look of polite annoyance at Nuruyamiko's own awed and amused stare. Minor rudeness aside, Nuruyamiko was amazed at Kinako's attitude completely matching the settings she gave her. The sole human of Yoshiwara is also the most unpleasant. It tickled her greatly but she brushed the thought aside with a small giggle.

"Oh apologies, Kinako. Its just.... its been so long since I last saw you and you'll forgive your creator for being a little wistful now and then, no?" Nuruyamiko apologized. To her surprise, Kinako's expression showed one of shock and shame as she quickly prostrated herself by her feet, stunning Nuruyamiko who only looked on with surprise. She's never had anyone do a Dogeza before her in the real world so this was a first in many way.

"A THOUSAND PARDONS, MADAME! I forgot about my position and await whatever punishment you see fit!" Kinako's loud apology echoed slightly in the hallway and embarrassed Nuruyamiko to say the least who glanced around to see if anyone was around to see this debacle. She panicked, just realizing that she programmed Kinako's behavior to be abrasive by default and that she's not fully aware that what she says is rude unless told off.

"P-Please raise your head, Kinako! I-I didn't mean to scold you or anything! Honest!" Nuruyamiko was in the middle of explaining herself when Zyxom's request for all Guild Members to head to the War Room reached her. Between the message, her NPC having a total mental blowout, and the whole situation. To say she felt like screaming isn't needed. She did scream.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ENOUGH! Kinako get a hold of yourself and return to the inn! Prepare the others while I try to understand what's going on here, alright?!" Nuruyamiko ordered, pulling out her Guild Seal and taking a few tries to learn how to teleport herself without any game mechanics assisting her before finding herself standing in front of the War Room door. Still pumped up, she opened the door rather loudly.

"Okay.... Anyone has any idea what the hell is going on here?" She asked anyone who happened to be in the room.

Kinako
"Tch... What the hell was that all about?" Kinako muttered to herself as she jogged back to Yoshiwara. She knew she messed up somehow with her Madame's frustrated breakdown earlier. Still, she did seem rather agitated while she forgave her transgression so maybe its not ALL her fault? Oh well. Still, to be dismissed like that kinda hurt but its better than a real punishment. Upon reaching the inn, Kinako pushed the door open to find most of her fellow Yoshiwara colleagues sitting around one of the empty tables, drinking.

"Ara, back so soon, Kinako? Where's the Little Lady?" Mitsuba, the Succubus 'Vice-Head Maid' of sorts asked before taking a small sip from a dainty glass. Her yukata being a little open to reveal her shoulders, befitting a seductress.

"She's in a meeting. She sent me here to tell you all to prepare. For what, I'm not so sure." Kinako sighed, accepting the small cup of liquor from Mitsuba and downing it. Kinako found Mitsuba tolerable and took comfort in being able to bitch about things to the motherly demon. Less can be said for the two homunculi who snored softly, their heads resting on their arms as they slept slumped forwards on the table. Their yukatas and aprons surprisingly neat despite sleeping at an awkward position. With a small frown, she walked over to the two and gave them a light tap on the head.

"OW!"
"Ah."

"Wake up Yokan, Uiro, we have work from the Madame." Kinako ordered, ignoring the surprised yelp from the two as they jolted awake. As they complained to Mitsuba who only sat there giggling at the sight, she turned her attention to the other resident Slime. Kokumatsu was idly drinking from a whole bottle of sake. Judging from her sloppy attempt at retaining her humanoid form judging from her sodden yukata, she must be slightly wasted.

"Kokumatsu.... that better not be mine.... And sober up dammit, the Madame wants us to be prepared for anything." Kinako ordered as Kokumatsu numbly nodded and slithered off, probably to expel the sake and whatever else she ate. Glancing around the room, Kinako noticed that someone is missing.

"Anyone know where Daifuku is?" Kinako asked before a rather loud bump and a soft yelp from under the table the others sat at confirmed her suspicions.

"...... Well you heard me earlier then. Get ready to move out. Madame's orders. No arguments." Kinako grumbled before sighing softly and taking a seat on one of the empty tables. "What a pain..."

Overlord_Marker.png

"Hmph. As you say, I will see it done pr-" Was all the Vice-Commander's NPC could let out before the throne room was quickly populated with Servants and Supreme Beings alike. It was an eclectic display of clashing aesthetic, personality, and egos all cramming together into a room whose vaunted ceiling still didn't seem adequate to contain them. They certainly seemed to distract from the already issued orders, with one Supreme Being directly countermanding Zyxom's orders before engaging in some juvenile display of testosterone fueled dominance by shooting a perfectly serviceable mug right over their heads.

Brushing aside the faint dusting of masonry which fell upon his broad shoulders, the NPC directed a scowl nearly on the level of his Intimidate ability before marching past him to confront the far shorter woman waiting for orders. He met them with genial nods, in particular the purple clad warrior his Master seemed vaguely interested in. It was peculiar in and of itself that Zyxom bothered to address her at all with any significance. "The Supreme Beings desire privacy and security, and we shall see that they have it. Direct all cleaning staff from the War Room area, and establish a small, mobile force to respond to any emergency's within the walls of Insomnia. We know nothing of our arrival, and if our static defenses would still prove a deterrent to intrusion. And most importantly, we are to remain calm and composed. We have overcome many trials, and this is but another in our story."

Mr. Reinhardt paused and drew in a short breath, gesticulating with his wrist as he contemplated what else needed be said, only to reason that any more would just be further fuel onto the chaotic fires already burning across Insomnia. Every Supreme Being and ranking Servant was already calling out orders, and it wasn't likely an issue he could clear up in a single declaration. Order would take time to restore on its own once the shroud of the unknown was parted and the Guild could begin to reason out their fates in more concrete fact.

"Seeing as Mi'lord is occupied, I'll go man the entrance proper." He concluded with a gallic shrug, and departed from the throne room to change into his more appropriate uniform and take up position along the periphery of Insomnia should his services be needed.

Just Do It

Nemo punched himself. But since his defense was higher than his attack, he did no damage. Why did he punch himself? Most people would try that to test if they were dreaming. He could not call the GMs, he could not log out, and his virtual body actually felt like it was his own. But most importantly...

"Ahem...Sir Nemo, are you alright?" Mirtilo asked. One of the NPCs he created talked to him. Mirtillo talked...

"Mirtillo, shoot me."

"...What?"

"Right in the head."

"B-but...Sir, I can't..."

"Just do it."

"Ok." he sighed and shot at Nemo with one of his legendary class guns, right in the forehead . It actually hurt. Not lethal, but it hurt. "Ouch, that stings. Ok, it seems I am not dreaming." Interestingly, Nemo accepted the idea rather quickly. He didn't fancy the real world too much, so being transported to a real world, which was like an event from many popular japanese light novels of the 21 century (more than 100 years ago), was the best thing that could happen to him. Once his parents died, the only thing that remained for him in the real world was some money and detestable work. But one thing was for sure...

"Mirtillo... Am I just seeing things or are we on foreign ground?" he asked. "You are indeed correct, Sir. It is very strange" was the NPC's reply.

_______________ _ _ _ __________ _______ _ _ _ _ _ _ ___ _

As requested, Nemo went to the main building of the guild. He asked Mirtillo and the rest of the NPCs he made to keep protecting the outpost.

"Hmm things are quite chaotic in here." With that said he changed his hair colour to blonde, and slightly altered his voice, then took a cash item from his inventory: a voice amplifier.

"May I have your attention, please? Will the people that want law & order please stand up? I repeat: will the people that want law & order please stand up?" He shouted. It was his own special way of stopping people from being disorganized. If it didn't work...well, at least he tried.

Selvernas/Caveria
War room​

Caveria sat at her seat in the spacious war room leaning her head on her hand as she waited for everyone to come in, she was keeping herself calm by closing her eyes while thinking about the situation and what to tell the others. 'No doubt they would have figured out what has happened' How it happened doesnt matter right now, what does is what to do about it. The safest option would to stay isolated within the city, theres no telling what is out there, but that wouldn't work out with all the people here, they'd be curious and more reckless if she tried anything like that. 'Especially Eastwood and Yamiko.. Yomino already fucked off somewhere, Eric is taking is merry time getting out of his Oasis' She would have to regulate and keep track of scout parties probably if there were any locals attempt to make contact with them... gathering information should be their highest priority right now but she needs to set everyone straight before that.

She watched as the players came in one by one some calm others panicking and annoying but quickly silencing themselves, Caveria herself gave them a annoyed expression. 'i decided to host a final party for everyone, half of them weren't even taking part of it and would rather hang out on their own, then all of this had to happen.' It was supposed to be a final farewell with happy hearts and thoughts but it went so wrong so quickly, it was almost hilarious how fast her plans fell apart. Astonishing how people will do things on their own if there weren't consequences like in the real world really. Once everyone had gathered minus Yomiko and Eric Caveria stood up and used a sealing scroll incase anyone was listening in. Ignoring Nemo's little attempt to keep everyone quiet She decided to start without Eric and fill him in later.

'lets see...Zyxom, Eastwood, Shirogane, Yamiko, Nemo, Asarian,(hes talked to me about leaving the rp but he hasnt, so imma just list him here and we'll pretend hes a silent type for now cause hes confused.) and finally Eligos that makes 7 plus the other two bringing it up to 9 members who seemed to have stayed behind and unfortunately in this situation. and her of course.' Clearing her throat loudly to get everyones attention Caveria started to speak in a more corporate voice she used in board meetings.

"its Obvious that something... has happened. But right now we need to stay calm and observe our options, the NPC's that went to scout around the area should give us an idea whats outside the city." 'speaking of which i'd have to address the npc situation.'
"And we cant panic, especially infront of our npc's they might not be aware things have changed drastically, and im not talking about the scenery. It seems they are self conscious now and theres no telling what they can do, so be cautious around them."
'for now at least they are a unknown factor'

bc8d75215072bad28b1da79c0293e6a4.jpg
Level 100​

Akudez stayed behind outside of Ioavollr awaiting the supreme beings return and for their orders, Selvernas has already given her what to prepare for once they were done, gather ALL servants outside the castle spire. She stood there observing the operations being acted upon but then stopped once she saw Sir Reinhardt, Supreme lord Zyxom's Servant. She walked over to him with a smile Wings folded in and hands behind her back "Things are quite hectic suddenly are they Sir Reinhardt?" She observed the often stoic and grizzled man curious on what lord Zyxom had told him and what his orders were. As she was the manager of Servants after all.

a2bfb3269f9db073497c58b1542bf667.jpg0b39eb840665687d7d4de8a6cab40b83.jpg
Level 80
Skost, daughter of Selvernas' and watchful eye of Ioavollr wasn't so sure about what just happened, she was simply doing her roundabout routine keeping the low level npc's (the crows) under her command under check and eternally watching past the walls of the city when suddenly everything outside changed. what was once a Forrest and a well defensible valley was now a large seemingly endless plain that stretched for kilometers past the horizon.

"Skost my dear, supreme lord Selvernas herself has sent all battle capable servants to keep watch with your crows, it would seem something is amidst."
"I- I see, i will see it that my Crows will make use of them."
"Also Skost, keep vigilant it seems Supreme beings are agitated about something, something might be coming"
"Do not worry sister, my eyes have never faltered any sign of threats will be reported immediately."

It would seem the lords have seemed to take notice of what has happened already, it filled her with pride to be serving such great beings but also felt a hint of uselessness. It seemed she wasnt too needed if they could sense something happening before even she could report it. But what had them supreme lords on edge? she couldnt think of something that would threaten this city except for the siege that has long since past. Could it be that there was another incoming? The crows would have to be more watchful than ever before if that were the case.

However the new in flux of new npcs most of which Skost knew as she had fought with them once before was both a boon and a curse, they were capable fighters yes but as watchful guards they are not. Some would report in unnecessary details like the movement of a insignificant creature or a splash in the water, it fell on to the crows once again to keep watch and to regulate their misinformation not that she blamed too harshly for their attempts.

bc98655e6594d69bcc3faae686cfe33b.jpg
Level 100
Nerono stood uptop the spire of Ioavollr observing the surroundings and everything below him, as record keeper it was a must he observed every inch of what happens within the guild but the sudden change he couldnt help but peer into the endless ocean which reflected the moonlight to his north. it was quite a sight to behold before the change everything was so much more static than it was now, he could feel the high piercing cold winds and see tiny dots of light far off in the distance of the water. Behind him was a plain cut through by a river, he couldnt see any details on the ground as the light from the moon was bleaching everything the same color though. "If only my twin sister can see this."

Last edited:
"Yeah I agree. Panicking is going to get us nowhere and the NPC are a bit of a wild card now. We need to wait until we get some report on the outside. I mean it would suck if we go out and find the World Eater stomping around."

Eastwood gave an agreement. As curious as he was and wanting to see what this new world has to offer, their safety was at a higher priority, he just wasn't going to risk his friends safety to satisfy himself. They didn't know if resurrections worked in this world. They should play it like they only had one life, since it might be. Eastwood decided to report what he found out.

"Well if I may, I have some good news, turns out our combat skills work. I tried it out and it's about the same in Yggdrasil meaning any restrictions still apply, for example I can't use Marked for Death if I'm not holding my guns. Though instead of picking from a skill list it's pretty much activated mentally."

Marked for death was used pretty commonly by Eastwood, so the other players probably had a good idea of what it does. Bullets home in on marked targets, only works when a gun is held, and only able to mark objects if their in the users field of vision.

"So would anyone else like to talk?"

Eastwood stepped back, giving someone else a chance to take the floor.

Last edited:
Maladans made haste towards the entrance of the city which right now was teeming with chaos, an aspect he rather enjoyed. His visage would be different than usual, instead of the simple, 21st century-ish black clothes, an outfit akin to that of an early 18th century Jäger covered his body, were it not for the blindfold and his long hair of silver, one could hardly even recognize this figure as the Houndmaster, such was the change of aesthetic.
unknown-5.png

He'd eagerly eye (through the use of Ranger abilities, anyway) every NPC he came across, many he's not seen for very long periods of time, maybe never moved into the streets, leaving their districts and occupying the walls. The question of just what has happened was long gone from his mind, all he could think about now was the numerous exploitations he could make of it. From what he's seen, the environment of this "new world" was very green, ideal for the type of scouting he was thinking of.

He'd lick his lips, murmuring something about the rifle he was carrying over his shoulder. Lempo's Rite, not a very high level or desirable drop, its only special effect being merely to deal some fire damage atop its base, but to the Houndmaster, it was a special, treasured gift, the first weapon given to him by his creator now departed for good. Its low quality also did not matter much because of the fact that he always has tens of canine guardians at his disposal, ready to jump and maim any enemy bold enough to challenge their master. He rarely does any fighting himself, being much more an observer of violence, than a harbinger of it.
unknown-6.png

In no time, he'd be gone from the guild base and out in the wilderness, oh the wilderness. His eyes fixated on the nearest forest, whistling now overtaking his humming, yet the grin all the same, he was very excited about the possibilities, just what will he meet on his little tour of the local land, just what will he watch being torn apart by furious, fiery beasts? The only other time he was this excited that he could recount were the sieges of the city, truly, this event was nothing short of a blessing to him, a very exquisite blessing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back