The neighborhood

╔══════════════╗
Avani & Malini
╚══════════════╝

Avani got home and unpacked a few of the boxes that were virtually taking over the living room of the apartment. She then sat on the beat up sofa and watched a show or two on the little second hand TV that the Suresh sisters had picked up at the local thrift store. The fifteen year old scrambled to get up and get the door when she suddenly heard a persistent knocking on it. It was Malini with the groceries, which were just their every day staples. The two of them put away the groceries together and talked a little bit about their days.

"Can we go the diner for an early dinner Mal?"Avani asked.

"You just want there milk shakes,"Malini replied, laughing.

"Can I help it if they make the best milk shakes?"Avani asked. "They also make really good food. And lately your-"

"Watch it Avs...."Malini said.

Avani stuck her tongue out in response. Malini sighed and finally gave her consent. The older girl was just relieved that they seemed to be getting along a little better for the moment.

The two girls walked to the diner. When they got there they sat at one of the tables by the window.

Elio jumped a bit when he heard the knock coming from his front door. He smiled a bit, realizing it might be the kid he had a .. sort of confrontation with, earlier. He got up and walked over, opening the door. He waved happily and said, "Please don't clock me, it'd be really embarrassing considering I'm 18 and you look 12."

He looked behind him, then back at the kid. "Do you wanna come in or are we gonna stand here and get our legs tired? Because I was kind of in the middle of writing a song and I'm going to forget if I don't go back."

MAROON QUILLNEST MAROON QUILLNEST

"Ok firsts off im not twelve im 16 so you dont have to be weird about that and how about you keep that...music thought in your head because thats a little weird to go into someone's house you dont know and I already had plans to go to Th e town's little dinner to get milkshake and burgers. I would have to ask my parents but I already know they'll say I can so how dose that sound instead off staying in your house?" He says to him really wishing the boy would take his offer. "Hey also before you say yes or no whats your name?"
tweezoid tweezoid

Elio's a little taken aback by the offer, and even more by his real age. He supposed that the kid didn't actually look twelve, it was an overreaction, but maybe not 16. When offered to go with him to the diner, he perked up a bit and smiled. "Oh, that's nice. My name's Elio, by the way. I guess I could go with you, I don't really see a reason why not. I'm kind of hungry anyway."

He fidgetted for a second and looks behind himself, then back at the kid. "Can I at least write down what I worked on? I'm not going to remember anything later."

Later that afternoon when James finally showed up, Diane greeted him at the door. He looked around at all the boxes still needing to be unpacked. They had travelled light, leaving their other homes furnished, with plans to furnish this one separately. Until they had more furniture delivered, they would be living out of boxes and suitcases. Despite that Diane hadn’t been able to wait and created drawers out of cardboard. She had reasoned that they could always use the cardboard in the fireplace in winter - or have it recycled. James already knew what option Diane would choose.

“So, how was your day?” James asked.

Diane smiled. “Well about the most exciting thing that happened all day was going for ice cream in the park. Not exactly Central Park out there. How about your day.”

James laughed. “Well, I arrested a woman before she hurt herself.”

Diane gave him a confused smile.

James shook his head, “It went sort of like this …”

“Fine you can go and finish up just make it super fast I left my car running I don’t want to run out of gas”. He walks in his house and leaves his door open a crack. I start to tap my foot on the pavement restlessly waiting for him to get back not having very good patience. When I’m about to go up to the door and knock to see if he was done my phone starts to vibrate. I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone and see the name Bf with a bunch of hearts and heart eyed emoji. I slide it left to answer and say “hello lovely what do you need”.

@ Nick36545 Nick36545 tweezoid tweezoid

Madison's phone vibrated, and they read the text message from their boyfriend. Then, they texted back, "What is your shoe size, babe?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back