• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Mystery of Shadows {Open - Just jump in!}

The amount of information Anna was given was almost overwhelming, but exciting. Soon she supposed she'd find out what she was capable of. She nodded at Henry, knowing now wasn't the time or place. But really, when would be? She hadn't much time to mull over what she might do once they reached her 'home' when the door flung open, causing her to clutch the baton to her chest. She'd never have known he wasn't a normal human, at any other time anyway. But Zero and Henry obviously knew better.

Annabelle had been in plain sight, and now she stood behind Henry, behind Zero. She furrowed her brows and tried to peer around them. The boy didn't look dangerous at all. And he didn't seem to her to be here to do any harm to anyone. But Henry and Zero were on their guard anyway. She couldn't help but frown at the things Zero said. Who was Julius? And had he just called her, a friend? His mood swings were exhausting.

She stepped up beside Zero and glanced at Henry, then back at the boy. She wasn't nearly as aggressive as they were. She blinked deep blue eyes almost owlishly. "He doesn't seem dangerous," she said to herself, almost questioningly. "If you aren't here for the humans in the dome, what are you here for?" she inquired curiously, glaring at both Zero and Henry. They were both being so rude to such a complete stranger. But then, Anna was completely ignorant to the types of beings outside the dome, and far too trusting. Had she not luckily stumbled upon Henry, well, he not literally stumbled upon Zero, she'd have already been dead or locked away somewhere.

Henry Francis Foster
"Girlfriend? Well, she is a female and we're close acquaintances. Whats that got to do with protection?" He vehemently shot back in return. "I'm not letting her near the likes of you because according to the food chain you're worse than cannibals." Foster continued to scoff, glancing towards Zero. "No offence." Nevertheless, listening in to the threats of Zero thrown about and Annabelle's evident, annoyingly innocent confusion - Henry was somewhat put off-guard. "Ann, my dear, look, I don't mean to be an ass, but you really must stop assuming the best in people. Zero, for all his progress, was going to kill you. This man, or creature as one may call him could be tricking you. Surely your mother taught you about stranger danger? Don't accept sweets from people you don't know? Well, it's that, but with words. A man might tell you he's a doctor and then try and harvest your organs. That's a quote from experience."

On the other hand, Foster was somewhat near offended as the vampire began to gag. "For one, I am no boy. And certainly, not stuck as a babyface like yourself. I'm twenty-six winters old, and going strong. As for the second question, yes. We're magic casters, and I'm entirely willing to turn you to ash." His intensity was somewhat lost on the vampires ... odd mannerisms.

Clearing his throat, he leaned into Zero. "If we kill it, would it matter? I mean, the bloke has others with him. Not to mention he's got the same stupid face you did when we met. Not that your face is stupid at all. It's just a vampire thing." He whispered, in the way only Henry can. He honestly didn't mean to insult people half the time. Foster could walk you through how to pick locks or make mustard gas, how brain surgeons remove tumors - but in situations like this, he seemed to dig himself a hole and be oblivious to it. Sometimes it was endearing, other times it was downright offensive.

poppet poppet Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas Kry Kry

Jason Salvator

"Who's Julius?"
Jason asked him, stupidly. Shaking his head, he said, "eh. Doesn't matter. I don't really have a game." Jason looked up. "Although 'Go Fish' is a card game. I suggest that." He was obviously not threatened by the blondie was snarling and scowling at him.

"He doesn't seem dangerous," the brunette said to herself, almost questioningly. "If you aren't here for the humans in the dome, what are you here for?" she asked him.

"My siblings. Forced me here. I fucking hate them. They know I don't drink human blood off the spot by hunting, yet they made me come," Jason groaned. "So I decided to take a tour. Not the best time, but, eh, oh well. First time outside from our mansion." He sighed. "I zoned out while I was using my super-speed... that's why I kinda hit the door." He threw his arms up. "If you don't want me here, just say so, no need to kill me."

Jason snickered. Not that you can with those measly 'magic powers'. You can only kill me by using revane, he thought, crossing his arms.

Last edited:
Of course Annabelle had put herself in harms away again, Zero rolled his eyes at her. "He's a vampire, he's definitely dangerous. Especially so if Julius sent him." Zero didn't want to take any chances, and he kept his eyes on the other vampire. Though he did shoot Henry a look, feeling offended. "I wasn't going to kill her...at least it wasn't my intention." Zero had almost pouted, but for the most part his attention remained on the other vampire. Something felt, off, about this one. He didn't seem like any other vampires Zero had met before, and he knew a lot. His sire had quite a large following. Still it made sense for him not to recognize this one, because that following was so large.

When Henry leaned in and whispered to him, Zero felt the slightest pang of emotional pain as his face was called stupid, and then Henry was clarifying things. Sort of. Zero let it go, the man was odd, but he still really liked him so that was fine. He had nodded. But he didn't answer Henry, instead he stepped towards the other vampire. "You know I can't let you live now. You've seen where we are, I can't have you making it even easier for Julius to find me by letting you giving him our location." Like most vampires, Zero was fast. Very fast, and in an instant he was behind the other vampire, blocking the escape route. Idly wondering what the hell a go fish was. This man said things that were almost as odd as the things that came out of Henry's mouth sometimes.

Henry Francis Foster
Henry examined Zero's expressions and seemed somewhat confused. "Well, whatever your intentions may be, you're starting to rack up quite a few manslaughter attempts." He chided, returning the attention to Jason. "Look here, kid. Putting this politely, as my friend here is saying-" He took some heavy steps forward, resting the sharp edge of the blade in his palm. "- We're just tying up loose ends. We've all got people to protect, and you seem to be endangering that. As much as you seem to act like a cocky little shit, I know for one, a vampire cannot survive being razed to the ground. If there is nothing left to repair, then nothing shall happen." Those big steel toe-capped boots hit the ground in low thuds, as his tall frame began advancing. Zero blocking the entrance.

"Fact is, I trust my new found friend, as undead as he is. And if he's telling me not to trust a bloodsucker who has ties to a man who tore his throat out - I think I'm going to listen this time around." Henry could handle himself, that was evident; behind the gas mask, that dark-eyed survivor had simply nothing there. As if within a second every aspect of his mercy, friendship, and helping-hand nature was wiped. He could be cold-blooded and it was the dramatic swing of his personality that became most frightening.

Like many survivors, one learned detachment in combat situations. He'd done things for mercy that could never be casually spoken of. Even to his own family, it was a road walked down with necessary death and little faith. And this godforsaken dome. How many children had been drowned, how many mothers had died, how many fathers had wept? All waiting for a heaven that never existed, a hope which was taken. Vampires, werewolves, mutants - how many had killed his kin? How many had preyed upon their broken bodies, twisted in the heat of atomic fire?

His teeth gritted. "At least your siblings still live. Perhaps they'll understand loss when they find your corpse. Like us few who have had to suffer to be your cattle, our bloodline never lasts. You always want more, don't you? Never satisfied. Never full. We let you go, and people will die. One less is what the world needs."

Although the speech wasn't meant to hurt Zero, it was clear the hate for vampires ran deeper than mere dislike. From the compelling emotion in his voice, something about the encounter with the cocky undead had struck a chord and the melody was harsh and melancholy to listen to. "Will you stand by, to watch as your siblings dash our little ones against the rocks? Or are you too much of a coward to stop them."

Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas poppet poppet Kry Kry

Jason Salvator

"First of all, this guy 'Julius' seems like a real bitch, frankly, and I do not plan to be enslaved by a huge motherfucking dick--" Jason held out one finger. "Second of all, my siblings aren't as huge assholes as this guy named Julius, I mean, come on?" He hend up two fingers. "Third of all, not all vampires are the same..." he trailed off, thinking about his parents, famous bloodsucking beasts. That's the reason why humans tend to judge vampires and hate them.
Reason why he and his siblings killed them.
Jason saw a window in the warehouse. If he could break it, he'll escape.

Grinning, he finally said,
"and fourth, no one can capture the Jason Salvator. Remember that name, Salvator."

Before he left, he winked at the brunette. Faster than lightning, Jason ran up to the window, broke it, and left the scene.

He was running as fast as his legs carried him. Damn, couldn't those kids make up their mind? "Leave"? "We can't let you escape"? They acted like girls on their periods.

And then he ran into a girl, fighting off a bunch of mutants and vampires.

Alexa Day

Alexa kicked a mutant in the balls. She reached for her knife and stabbed one of them. She slapped a vampire in the face and stabbed his eye. The vampire screamed in agony. Alexa then elbowed him and he fell to the ground. She did a round-house tornado kick on two of the mutants and the fell.

"I will not use my powers!" she muttered. Covered in blood, she felt her eyes go droopy. She's still weak from earlier.

A vampire pinned her down. "DAMN YOU!" She screamed. She grabbed her knife and stabbed him in the chest. Everything in her view is hazy. Her knees buckling, her hands shaking, she was about to get destroyed by a mutant, but then something--lightning--flew in and-- killed it.

The lightning killed everything that was still alive, but Alexa didn't see how, since her view is blurry.

Heck, she wasn't awake long enough to see herself faint in a really attractive boy's arms with pitch black hair and red eyes.

Last edited:
Zero watched that vampire carefully, trying really hard not to think about the things Henry had said, the way he said it. Mostly he was trying not to think about how hurtful it felt, of course deserved every ounce of hatred humans could muster for his kind. All of his kind deserved it. Knowing that didn't make it hurt any less, and hearing it from Henry seemed to hurt more than if someone else had said it like that. He really liked Henry. In such a short time he had grown far too attached to the wastelander. It was these things, this distraction in his own head that kept him from capturing that vampire. He was only one second to late.

Chasing the other up to the window, and reaching out to catch the back of his shirt, well Zero caught a piece of his shirt, it tore free and the other vampire was gone. He crushed that cloth in his hand. Anger radiating off him in intense waves. "DAMNIT!" He yelled the word and promptly came down from the high warehouse window. "Shit..shit..SHIT!" He was approaching Henry, though Zero seemed a little wary of the man now, his approach bordered on hurried caution. He glanced at Annabelle, there was no way he could protect her, or Henry. Even if they worked together, their chances of surviving if Zero's sire himself showed up were very slim. He dropped that piece of cloth on the ground, reaching up to rub the side of his neck nervously.

"We need to go, now. We have to..If they..." Zero had already moved to the door, looking about frantically. He didn't see any other indication of anyone approaching, but honestly, that didn't mean much. The vampire straightened a bit, calming some as he looked to Henry. "If I go, you'll be a little bit safer, and a little bit safer means a great deal given the situation." Zero really didn't want to return to his sire, but if he was already sending people after him, it was the only way to keep Henry and Annabelle safe. "If I return to him, he'll lose interest in you guys. You're only in extra danger because I'm here." He was looking back out into the city, already taking the first step out of the warehouse.

Annabelle had only continued blinking owlishly at Henry. Her mother hadn't taught her much of anything. And despite knowing that people were inherently crazy, she was unable to see beyond her positivity and hopes for the best. She'd glanced at the new vampire wondering if he was an organ harvester. It wasn't long though before Zero had moved, blocking the other's exit. Henry was advancing menacingly, and something about the change in him sent a shiver down her spine.

The girl frowned again. Were they really just going to attack this other person based on assumptions? "Wait you two!" she'd demanded. Each time Zero and Henry spoke, Anna was only left with questions and feelings of sadness for what they must have been through. They weren't listening to her. But it didn't matter, the other vampire took off in a flash, and then Zero was gone. It was the sound of breaking glass and Zero cursing that told Annabelle what had happened. She was glad the other guy got away. He hadn't tried to do them any harm after all.

Zero had returned and Anna nodded, ready to follow him out the door at his statement that they needed to move. But then he was hesitating, trying to go off on his own. "Wait what?" She frowned at Zero then at Henry. Was he really just going to leave them like that? Whoever this person was that Zero was afraid of, well, Zero didn't have to face him alone. "Don't go," Annabelle said. "I'm not afraid of Julius," she said with her chin up, "You?" she asked Henry. "Don't force yourself alone Zero. We're friends, right?" She seemed over it all already. Besides, he'd been the one who called them friends first.

Henry Francis Foster
Henry caught the vampire's arm, intently looking at him. "Zero, calm down." His gaze drifted back to the window of Jason's escape, causing a long sigh to emit. "We must think about this rationally. He may not be part of Julius' following. And if you dare go back to that man, I'll hunt you down. Would you get me killed over something as trivial as another leech who acts like he owns the world and everything in it?" Foster, turned to Annabelle and shook his head. "I'm not. And I've seen some shit over the years." The wastelander continued to try pulling Zero back with himself and Annabelle. "But trust on this, you called us your friends. And I'll burn down Kingdoms if they try to conquer me and mine."

The masked survivor, inclined his head. "You're on the run now, and if you stop, we're all going to suffer the consequences." It sounded like a threat - and he knew it was exactly that. Even a man like Henry understood when to resort to guilt tripping and intimidation. "I'm a sick man, not a stupid man. You'll be walking to a fate worse than death, and I can see that you don't want to die. So come with us, leave the heroics for another day when we'll need them. Realistically, I'm going to die soon enough and I won't be able to look after Annabelle. Whether or not she can learn to look after her self is a question for the future. So stay. Do it for me, of all people. Julius is a problem for another day."

poppet poppet Kry Kry

Jason Salvator

"Another magic user?" Jason murmured, holding the girl in his arms. He gagged because the stench of a magic-user is horrible. "Why the hell did she use a measly little knife? Couldn't she just use her magic," he groaned, picking the girl up bridal style. "Holy shit, she's covered in blood," he took a deep breath. All he has to do is control his instincts. He's been doing that for years. Right?

But a magic user's blood is delicious.

No! Snap out of it, Jason!

Sighing, he murmured, "should I leave her at their warehouse? I don't think they'll--" he stopped, gasping because the girl's blood turned blue.
"
Holy shit, a Faire Rime Witch!"

A Faire Rime witch is a witch that rhymes in order to cast spells. It's a disadvantage, actually. They're also extinct, and a better species of magic-users took place. Those "better" magic-users work with elements, and they don't need to rhyme. Jason took a deep breath. Maybe he can just leave the girl at the warehouse and come back? It's too risky, but he has to do that. If he keeps the girl here, then that'll be horrible for her, because those type of magic users are so.... delicious. If he even licks her blood, she could die. Heck, she lost a lot of blood already.

"Maybe those guys know what to do? I mean, two of them are magical." Sighing, Jason super-sped all the way to the warehouse, placed the girl gently on the ground, knocked, and before the door could open, he sped away. Sure, that was a dick move for not giving her medical attention, but he had to act FAST.

Last edited:
Zero blinked. Both of them were trying to stop him? Henry had even grabbed him, but the touch made Zero flinch. He had felt that hatred for his kind coming off of Henry in waves, and it had hurt even if it wasn't directed directly at him. "You don't really want me here. You hate me." The words were directed at both of them, of course they had good reason to dislike him, but he was trying his best. Still as much as he wanted to resist, he allowed Henry to pull him back from the door. "You don't know him, it's stupid not to be afraid of him. Even I'm smart enough to fear Julius." It didn't really seem like Henry or Annabelle would listen to him though. They seemed adamant about keeping him around. Were they really so hung up on him calling them his friends?

"I'd like us to be friends...I know I bite a lot, but honestly sometimes I just can't help it...and I get angry easily." The words were spoken in response to Annabelle, she seemed rather glad he had called her his friend. Zero didn't want to think to hard about it. Henry was laying the guilt trip on pretty heavily, and Zero was already about to give in. Guilt trip or not, Henry made some really good points, but really nailed it home was a few simple words uttered by the wastelander. 'Do it for me, of all people' Zero slumped his shoulders in defeat. He wasn't sure why he felt so attached to Henry, this whole liking him seemed to go beyond just simple like. And those words were almost like driving a stake through Zero's heart. In an emotional sense.

"Fine. You guys win. But if Julius is looking for me, you're in way more danger than you realize. He's powerful, has an army of his own and is one of the main forces that orchestrated the attack on the dome."

Thankfully Henry wanted Zero to stay, too. Somehow, in this short time, the three of them had bonded. Their ragtag group wouldn't be a group anymore if Zero left. But Annabelle did draw her eyebrows together at Henry's mention of his dying soon enough. There had to be some medicine, or some way to help Henry inside this dome. Then Zero was agreeing to stay. Anna inhaled excitedly. "Hooray!" she said, wrapping her arms around both of their necks in ignorance to either of their dislikes for human touch. "So it's settled then. Let's get going!"

Annabelle released them and reached for the door just as someone knocked on it. Huh. Who'd be knocking on a warehouse door at a time like this? Anna pulled the door open before anyone could stop her. "There's no one-," but she stopped when her eyes fell on the girl laying on the ground. She wore a black party dress and was covered in who-knows-what. "Oh no!" Anna stepped over the girl to the other side so that she could see if she was okay, while making room for Henry, who she automatically assumed would also come to see.

"She's breathing," Annabelle said, holding the girl's hand. "But what's all this sticky blue stuff?" She touched some of it and rubbed it between her fingers.

Henry Francis Foster
"I don't hate you." Henry frowned sympathetically behind his mask, visible from the glass sockets. "-It's ... complicated. I hope you won't hold that against me." Inhaling and exhaling in slow, methodical rhythm, he shook his head. "I know what I'm getting into, you big bloodsucker. But if I can survive a wasteland, I can survive some bigshot bastard who has genocide on his mind." Foster gave the vampire a cheery nudge. As if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders, the survivor stood straighter. That was till he let out an odd vocal sound as Annabelle threw her arms around them both. He'd never admit he almost enjoyed it. There was a certain camaraderie which had evolved in the short time they'd collectively known one another. Rare but there was a warmth to it he thought nice. He'd spent his whole life avoiding every living, breathing thing and it was an odd influx that caused a measure of shock and emotion.

And then a knock. Odd, it wasn't as if survivors would rap their knuckles so politely. Nay, they'd slam their fists into it, all screaming and crying - it must've been a trick. He barely parted his lips before Annabelle had already pulled it open. Nothing but an unconscious girl. He didn't like the look of it, but even so he could see her bleeding. Sweeping across the warehouse floor within seconds he'd taken his place beside Anna. Removing his gloves for what - exhaustingly - felt like the hundredth time. Yet he couldn't feel properly through the thick rubber and it was essential to treat patients.

Pressing two fingers to the unconscious female's neck, he detected a pulse. Going through all preliminary checks, he gently brought her jaw down to peer into her airway, checking nothing was obstructing before opening her eyelids and lighting the very tip of his finger using magic to see how the pupil constricted. Yet where was the blood coming from?

Henry glanced at Annabelle, rubbing the blue liquid between her fingertips. "Blood. But I'm not familiar with it, I know of some creatures like the fae who have similar, odd bodily differences. I'm going on the hypothesis it's something related to the tricksters. Definitely magic though." Gently cupping Alexa's head, he turned it to note a gash. "Seems like a mixture of shock, fatigue, and a bump on the head. This'll need stitches, till we find a place to settle, I'll just pad it and hope there wasn't any serious damage to the cranium. Last we need is a bleed or fracture." Delving into his bag, he began folding a neat wad of clean rags to push against the cut and wound bandages around it. "I need somewhere sterile, secure, with running water. This place doesn't seem too safe. The injury sustained will have to deal with movement, but I'm sure it's something she can survive."

Foster, scooped the girl up. She didn't weigh too much, and after the prior werewolf whom had gone his separate ways it was practically like carrying a feather. "Annabelle, you know this place the best. Whats your opinion?"

poppet poppet Kry Kry Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas

"I understand." That was Zero's response to Henry when the other said he didn't hate him, that things were just complicated. Truthfully Zero felt like maybe he sort of understood, but not really. Still it felt nice to know that these people seemed to genuinely want him around, even if he was more trouble than he was worth. Before he could make another response, he suddenly found himself in the grip of Annabelle. Hugging him and Henry. Zero blinked and inhaled deeply at her nearness, taking in that scent, and using a lot of effort to resist biting her. Then she was gone, fleeing from him? No going to the door. There had been a knock that he somehow hadn't heard. Before he or Henry could stop her, Annabelle had already opened the door.

Then the scent hit him, and he staggered for a moment, not expecting it at all. Pure blood, pure dome dweller blood, but there was something else to it as well. Some other allure. Zero drifted towards them, and reached out to capture Annabelle's hand, she had dipped her fingers in that blood. Zero lifted her hand to his lips, and gently licked and sucked the blood off of them. He shivered slightly as he tasted that blood. It was good, very good. Strangely not as good as Annabelle's was, but it was pure, tainted only with..."Magic." His brow creased slightly and he looked to Henry who was busy treating the girl's injury. Then he was wiping his fingers off on his pants. "Doesn't taste as delicious as Annabelle though." Zero said the words as if he were giving Annabelle a compliment. In his mind he was. Though he had tasted more of that mostly pure blood, already it felt a little harder to resist the call of it.

Last edited:
"Hmm," Anna was considering the strange blood when Zero had captured her hand. It had caught her off guard but he hadn't been so rough as before and she hadn't worried. Only when he put his mouth to her skin did she widen her eyes. He really couldn't help himself around blood. She wouldn't judge him for that, supposing it was in a vampire's nature and not really his fault.

She pulled her hand away quickly at Zero's comparison of their blood. At any other time she might have found herself appalled, but instead her cheeks reddened for a brief moment as she looked away, eyes falling on Henry. She was frowning again, recalling when Zero had also tasted Henry's blood. Blood that didn't taste "pure". Finally she nodded. She did know of a place, where they could help this girl, but maybe also help Henry.

"The hospital would have a place like that," she mumbled. But... in a time like this, what would a place like that look like now? Annabelle frowned again. "There are also pharmacies, and doctor's offices," both of which would also have useful things. "Just tell me where and I'll take you," she said, looking down at the girl who would also need a shower and fresh clothes, or a rag and sweater at least. Maybe...

If she was a magic user, too, maybe she would be able to fix all the things. Anna did a mental shrug. She didn't know anything about magic or what it could do, except for the little she'd seen Henry use, and she wasn't sure she'd ever want to try lighting her hand on fire. And, for all they knew, this girl didn't know she had magic either.

When Henry responded with a destination, Annabelle would nod and begin to lead the way, carefully.

Alexa Day

--Flashback--
"Your mommy and daddy left you to burn in a house?"
"LOOK! SHE'S GONNA BURST!"
"'Noooooo! Mommy!'"
All the children laughed at Alexa, when she was gathering her things to go to her next class, since she was in school. "Shut up!" She yelled at them. The chair was knocked down. "Maybe you are as unwanted as your parents thought."

Unwanted as your parents thought.

"Dude, that's a bit too far--" Before she knew it, Alexa had punched a boy that was trying to defend her, since she thought he was the one saying the rude stuff behind her back. The pale boy's nose started bleeding as she grabbed his collar. "You don't know anything about me, so shut the fuck up, before I make you shut your dirty mouth."

The boy's unusual red eyes looked at Alexa for a long moment, and then pushed her out of the way.
--Flashback End--

(Sorry this was short)

Last edited:
Henry Francis Foster
"Would you please, stop licking blood off people," Henry remarked, half-muffled as he leant in to check how steady Alexa's breaths were. He'd caught it through the corner of his eye and the tone he'd spoken in was back to it's scolding sort. Letting a half snort of laughter escape as Zero offered Annabelle the odd compliment. Nevertheless, after he'd lifted the unconscious girl up into his arms; facing Anna, the masked man tilted his head once given the choice of destinations that would all benefit that of his current patient. Instead of his usually sure and absolute state of mind, Foster seemed slightly taxed.

"Hospital? No - no - too busy. People would gather there." He shut his eyes a moment. Scowling with thought. "A pharmacy would do. Small, discreet. They have supplies." Henry nodded to himself. "Let's get her to a pharmacy then. Lead the way." Henry nodded to Annabelle, with a sincere look lingering on what was visible of his expression. "I want Zero and you ... or maybe just Zero, to then see if you can find us a place to stay. Beds, showers, clothes. You can't keep wearing that, and this gal certainly isn't going to be running about bashing heads in this dress." Henry tipped his head and laughed once more. "Quickly too, the water
grid'll stay up for a few days at most."

Foster began to move forward, head still somewhat throbbing. In reality, Henry suffered various side effects of his growth in conditions outside of the dome. Some of that was tumours, the kind which grew on the spine or otherwise. You'd never notice it, his back wasn't deformed, it was smooth albeit for the more affected patches of exposure. He needed steroids to counter them, a treatment which took knowledge and stock. The same tumours that made his hand tremor on the occasion. Occasionally, more than once, he'd dosed himself up on morphine. Or opium - of what he could get off of the survivors who used it as both fuel for addiction and medication. Painkillers were practically non-existent on the outside after all.​

To think Henry, a broad-shouldered man of athletic stature would suffer physical ailments such as wounds unable to close, or tremors and illness - was odd. In another life, perhaps he'd of been a picture of health.

Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas poppet poppet Kry Kry

Annabelle cringed. She didn't really like the idea of going around bashing in heads. But she did like the idea of a shower, a bed, and virtually anything but her college uniform. One thing she'd be glad to never see again anyway; not because she wasn't good at school, but because she just wasn't particularly fond of any part of it. Aside from learning.

"Okay," Anna said, "We are in the warehouse district, but there's a pharmacy not too far from here." There might have even been one closer, but she couldn't possibly know where everything in the city was. She thought for a moment. Staying on the street would get them there fastest, but was it safe enough? If those who'd broken into the dome had moved deeply into the city, they'd likely not run into too much trouble. Hopefully.

She began leading the way, turning a corner, "We'll turn left three blocks from here. The road should curve right and under a tram station. It shouldn't be too far from there." She glanced at Zero, and Henry carrying the girl. All of these people had stories. What were they? Who were they? "Henry?" she asked as they walked. "Are you feeling better? Can I help you find medicine at the pharmacy for... your condition?" She wasn't sure how to word it. Anna didn't know what made him ill in particular or what could help, or maybe cure him.

She glanced at Zero and whispered to Henry. "Is there a medicine to cure a vampire, too?" Annabelle didn't know anything about beings that weren't human. How would she? But she supposed she was about to learn, a lot. Sink or swim now, was it?

Zero didn't mind the idea of bashing heads, well. That wasn't true, he didn't particularly like killing, but he would do it if it would keep the people with him safe. So he wasn't put off by it. Henry was telling them things that needed to be done, and though Zero wouldn't really object to going off alone with Annabelle, he did know that was probably a terrible idea. That was probably why Henry amended his statement. Zero could look alone, in fact it would probably be easier for him to go alone. He could move faster and far more quietly than a human. However, she probably knew where to look in the first place, having lived in this dome all her life. The main problem with going with her, would be Zero's desire to devour her blood.

It was hard to control already, if there was no buffer between them. Nothing to distract him from her taste, her closeness, he would undoubtedly attempt to bite her again. Soon enough, Annabelle was leading them through the city to a pharmacy. Zero took to the back, so he could keep his eyes on Annabelle and Henry easier, he could watch if something was approaching them from the front of sides. If something came from the back, well Zero was already there to intercept it first. The majority of creatures had moved more towards the center though, to more concentrated areas where humans would gather. He felt like they would find little trouble, unless his sire really had sent others to retrieve him.

a2517f55c5224014493c75a484b4ce07--otaku-anime-manga-anime.jpg
(Perdita Geode used to be human with psychic abilities, also known as a medium. She was 5'6 and twenty-two years old, but she died during the raid and destruction of the dome. Her life was cut short and she is now a being that is called an apparition. She was blind in life, but now being an apparition she has the ability to see the souls of the living and the dead.)
She was now one of these beings. An apparition that knows how she died. Some of these beings are restless because they do not know that they have passed on due to unexpected events that ended their lives, or believe they have unfinished business to attend to. Many occupy places they frequented during life. Some do know that they are dead, and may come back for reasons of revenge, or to comfort the dying. When she bled out under a piece of roofing from the Dome and a UV light she was thinking that she could have lived... that there could have been enough time. However, she was caught where the paramedics couldn't move her body out from under the debris due to electrical wiring surrounding the area that her covered body. She was breathing in the toxic fumes from outside and her body started to change, but before she had begun to change she died.

She had wandered through buildings, what humans were left were...quickly no longer human. They had transformed either physically or mentally, changes that had enhanced them or made them inhumane. She watched people die and couldn't feel anything she was an observer of life and death. This existence was futile and to remain on the physical realm would only make her grow tired and sad. She should move on to the Godhood. The realm of the 'other', but there had to be someone...anyone that could see her. She wanted her body to be properly buried so that maybe it would give her a semblance of peace. However, she didn't want to share where her body was. Not after what she had seen a monster from- No! Don't think of such things...her body might not even be a body anymore...

Perdita floated on, her feet hovering mere centimeters from the ground. She looked around her and somehow winded up at a pharmacy building where people were probably looting. She floated over, want-no..needed to feel the warmth of the living. She hovered by a guy that stayed back and away from the others...but his heart wasn't beating. His soul was shrouded in the dark essence of the 'other' , so he was more likely a being of supernatural gifts. She brushed one long white pigtail behind her back and stood next to him looking at the people he was watching over. A tall man with a mask, carrying a woman. Another woman who had lead the way here, she had brown hair.

"There is medicine in the back for radiation. It's potassium iodide. It's a salt of stable (not radioactive) iodine that can help block radioactive iodine from being absorbed by the thyroid gland, thus protecting this gland from radiation injury. Please... the dome...the poison.."
Perdita's voice weakened out and she stood next to the vampire instead of floated and her form began to grow hazy.

Kry Kry idalie idalie poppet poppet Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas

Last edited:
Jason Salvator

Jason used his super-speed to run all the way back to his siblings.

He bumped into Geonia.

"Gah! What the bloody hell, Jason? Watch it!" She yelled at him with her usual British accent. "Sorry!" He yelled back, sarcastically. She rolled her eyes and proceeded to call Matt on her new phone, but then sighed since she just realized there wasn't any cellular data. Jason never really understood why she wasted money on a new phone, but then again, they are like, really rich.

"Did you drink a human's blood?" She asked him, tapping her foot gently on the grass filled with dew. "Umm..." Jason replied, stupidly. Sure, he could lie and save like a year worth of nagging, but then again, Geonia can tell when he's lying. According to her, he get this "twinkle" in his eyes whenever he tells a lie. When Tyler's lying, he usually moves around a lot, and when Matt's lying... well.. she doesn't really know, since he never really lies.

"No," Jason finally replied. Her eye twitched and sighed. "Really, Jason? We're vampires, we have to drink fresh human blood. I would appreciate it if you would stop drinking... packaged blood," she shudders. "And I would appreciate it if you don't stick your ugly nose in my business!" He shot back. Once he realized he opened his mouth again, he quickly covered it with his hands. "'Ugly nose in your business...'" she repeated, eyes twitching.

Oh shit.

And it was that point Jason knew...

He fucked up.

"JASON SALVATOR!" Geonia screeched, lunging towards him. Jason yelped and ran away, using his speed. Geonia was following him. "ONCE I GET TO YOU, JASON... I'LL RIP YOU TO SHREDS!"

((I thought it would be fun adding his siblings' picture here))

--Geonia--
e3086088ab1172d93ee385002bd048b1--anime-oc-anime-guys.jpg

--Matt--
lady_of_the_house___reiji_x_reader_by_stcabbie-d8nsjpq.jpg

--Tyler--
a128d0a3ce4ad2f7b96a9d4b1e1f1b45.jpg

Last edited:
Henry Francis Foster
Broken from his busied train of thought by Annabelle's concern, Henry shook his head. "Please, Annabelle. I'm perfectly fine. It's a passing thing - why, I could run a marathon now if I really wanted!" Foster remarked somewhat infusing his tone with scrounged enthusiasm. Nevertheless, he gave a sigh. "You have a way of thinking I would kill for, you know that Ann?" Henry cracked an invisible smile behind his mask; adjusting the woman in his arms momentarily. "It's optimistic. I've missed being around someone who trusts the sun will rise." A sigh thus rasped through the masks' air filter. "You cannot cure something you're born with, there is no ... healthy version to go back to. Even with advanced treatment. I was simply born a mess of magic, humanity, and radiation. There are ways to make it bearable, expand my lifespan by another decade or two. Yet it will always come back. It's not a thing to be sad about, nor mope too much on. As far as I believe, my life has been fruitful - and if I were a man in the Dark Ages, I'd be doing very well for myself." He nodded cheerfully.

Momentary silence had him tracing the path Annabelle recited to him, but came to turn towards the girl as she asked another question. Henry dipping his head closer. "Ah, well vampirism is an odd disease. I've done my best to study it - from what I garner, it's carried by blood or some form of change in the saliva. To cure a vampire is unheard of, although there is a thousand hypothesises. Such as multiple blood transplants to try and wash it out, vaccines, stem cell treatment. None have worked to this day. It really does possess a quality that no scientist or healer has been able to crack." The low and rambling explanation was something that evidently interested the masked survivor as they ventured further down the street. Glancing occasionally back at Zero to ensure the vampire in question hadn't vanished or otherwise.

As the familiar green cross of the pharmacy came into view, Henry pushed forwards quicker. Pausing by the shop front, to glance at the small display and then the door. Slowly moving till his shoulder swung it open. Glancing about to make sure the place was abandoned. As it seemed like the all clear, Foster gently moved the unconscious girl into the staff break room and placed her carefully on the sofa. At that, he stood up straight, removing his mask and shrugging off his coat to drape it on Alexa to keep her warm. In fear that she'd gone into shock. Peeling his gloves away from his palms, Henry beckoned Zero and Annabelle. "Keep an eye on her, I need to make a few preparations. If she starts waking up, tell me. I'll need to use local anaesthetic. Not a fan of putting her under with a head injury."

poppet poppet Kry Kry Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas PastelBeauty PastelBeauty

Annabelle furrowed her brow at Henry. He wasn't perfectly fine. A person didn't just vomit blood because it was fun. But she sighed. He may be right, about not being able to be cured. But maybe, there was something special she could do, that a witch could do. Maybe the girl he carried could do? Even Zero maybe... But she was brought out of those thoughts as Henry complimented her way of thinking.

The brunette hadn't had the most perfect of lives, but it was nothing compared to those around her. There was a darker side to Henry. Would Anna always be so optimistic? Of course she would. If she could be optimistic at a time like this, what could possibly break her now?

She might have even thanked Henry for the compliment, had she not begun to wonder if it was really a positive trait. Besides, she just wanted Henry to know, "I'm here to help none the less," she said sincerely, looking into the mask for a brief moment. "If you need something, you know...", don't hesitate to ask and all that, she thought. But she didn't finish her sentence, as something crept up her spine.

Annabelle shivered deeply as the hair on the back of her neck stood on end. She turned towards Zero instinctively, giving him a questioning look. But there was no reason for her to feel so odd. She saw nothing but Zero. Boy, was he suddenly giving her the creeps or what?

As they stepped into the pharmacy and into the lounge room, Anna felt more at ease. She'd thought that just before they entered the building she heard someone yell that they were going to rip someone to shreds. But the door had closed just then. Maybe she'd just imagined it. She nodded at Henry and knelt next to the girl on the couch, reaching a hand up to feel her forehead.

After a moment she turned her deep blue gaze onto Zero. She watched him for what was likely an uncomfortable moment for him. Finally she wanted to know, "Zero? Who hurt you like that? Who's Julius?"

Zero was somewhat relieved to be inside the pharmacy, being out in the open was dangerous and it would only get more dangerous. Surely word had spread and there was no telling who or what would be coming inside the dome now. More creatures intending to kill and destroy, as well as some that might just want to try and salvage things before a new world order was established. The vampire barely paid attention to the conversation that Henry and Annabelle were having, there were more grim things on his mind. Mainly the problem of trying to keep his new friends safe and of how to control his urges when the desire to bite Annabelle arose.

The unconscious girl was laid on a couch, and an odd coldness crept down Zero's spine, he shivered and noticed Annabelle staring at him, he blinked at her, then she. Then there was a voice, no one else seemed to respond to it, but he had heard it clearly. His eyes widened as he realized there was someone standing next to him, someone with a rather hazy body. Zero had never seen a ghost before, but somehow there was no doubt in his mind that what he was looking at right now was a ghost. It frightened him. True he was an undead creature, but there was something downright unsettling about a ghost. And this one had appeared right beside him, spoken to him.

Was it someone he and his master had killed, come to haunt him for the rest of his days? Eyes wide, Annabelle had asked him a question, but Zero was moving backwards. He barely even heard Annabelle's question. His eyes wide and trained on the apparition. "G-ghost?!" His voice wasn't quite a whisper, but it was cracked with fear, then his legs hit a chair. The chair and Zero both clattered to the floor, and he propped himself up. Once propped up on his elbows, he began scrambling backwards until his back hit the wall. Eyes still wide with fear. He glanced to Henry and Annabelle, not sure if they saw what he saw. They probably thought he was crazy. Maybe he was going insane.

Smiley quickly exits a portal and looks at the city in front of him. He shapes his face to look human-like and runs to the sidewalk. As he walks and takes a turn he sees a mall. He gets excited and starts walking faster. Each step he gets closer he gets more excited. He starts running and trips over a small bump in the hard ground. His tactical armor under his clothes protects him.

When he arrives at the mall he starts searching for a store with hand-made crafts. When he finds one he buys a kit for making one and a actual one. When he gets outside he sits down on a bench he notices his shadow. "Thats..... not normal" He says a bit confused. He ignores it and starts walking away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back