[The Murder Game Series] Murder: The Ties that Bind

RainbowWave said:
Molly gave a iterated grin, and pointed once again to the large building with her pointer finger.
"That." Replied molly. Tapping on what seemed big enough to be a warehouse, or a food store.

"It looks like a Warehouse....or maybe a food store? Where gonna need food, also something valuable could be in the warehouse." Spoke Molly, Her voice was holding a tone of bravery, and slight fear.

"Though, I don't know how many cross will be there."
Chris shook his head, "I don't think you should stray from the group, Molly. It's dangerous! Do you know how dangerous it is out there? And worse yet... what if you turn? You know the exact building we're hiding out at..."

Katniss, lost in the darkness focuses her senses by slowing her breathing and thus her heart rate - She closes her eyes listening to her surroundings..

Heavy footsteps..Tap-Tap.. Radio static..Fzzzuuull Fzzzll..

..Voices..

Katniss, opens her eye's listening to the footsteps.. She begins to walk briskly along the corridors, the lights flicker giving the otherwise lifeless animals an eery life like feel, there shadows jumping in the light.

Voices.. That's people.. People.. -Safety-

Katniss reaches a particularly long and dark hallway, the architecture on the pillars and the archways could be linked to that of the 'Capitol' the elaborate stories frozen in the cold stone. - She inches forward, further into the darkness..

Thud-Thud Thud-Thud
- Her heart beat feels so loud in her chest it seems audible to not just her own ears.

Suddenly - an Explosion erupts behind Katniss sending her diving to the floor! She spins around only to see that it's not a deadly creature awoken from it's never ending slumber, but a burst pipe - hissing it's scolding grey air..

Katniss picks herself up, from the cold marble and runs towards the light at the end of the corridor.. Her heart beating louder inside of her chest - the dim grows lighter as she hastens towards the exit from the dark and lonely hallway..

As she skids around the corner, she bursts into the a well lit room 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - with a group of strange people, some not even people! Despite everything has found the remaining survivors, she notices they are huddling around a large man, he's built like a bodybuilder, very manly features, handsome lad in khaki uniform and holding a rather deadly weapon..

Just like Gale.. - Gale! - Katniss gasps -

Katniss flicks a piece of dark brunette hair over her ear and out of her face, holding her head low as not to be noticed by the mass of 'beings' - She walks briskly towards them..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katniss peers at the map, surveying her three options:

Choice One: Travel North, in what looks like an old school bus.. Katniss peers at the bus's their paint shoddy, rust encasing the fragile steel rims, followed by listless blood streaks splattered across the outer hull.. Mmm..

Choice Two: Use the bus to travel South..?

Choice Three: The Hoover Dam.. That's 30 miles away from your current location, he said.. What was his name.. Chris? The surrounding region is fully operational, he said.. Thus significantly increasing our chances to contact the U.S. military and signal an evac - she mimicked his voice in her head, replaying what he has said, word by word..

Katniss Everdeen, let out a cough to clear her throat..

"Choice One, we take the vehicle North.. We can look for supply's.. - Build shelter, and survive.."

Akibahara said:
Lion... one of the busts glow a brilliant yellow aura, affirming Chrom's response! What follows afterward is... interesting, to say the least. The little aura danced in the air, whizzing toward the swordsman as it suctioned into his chest! Chrom glimmered a dim orange, and he felt... a bit more better about himself!
(( CORRECT ANSWER! Your reward is... Elimination immunity for +3 rounds!))
He looked at Chrom a bit in amusement seeing what happened after he answered, giving a small shrug of his shoulders scratching the back of his head with one hand.

Well, I overheard...I guessed a vulture for the 2nd and lion for the 3rd right off the bat, but I didn't quite figure out the first one until you said it. Well, congrats to you, bud. I mean...

He walked over towards the box, going next to Chrom and looking at it while gazing at the bust that was the drop of water.

Humans may or may not be the answer...I don't exactly see why there would be a water drop for a symbol for humanity...

Akibahara said:
Chris shook his head, "I don't think you should stray from the group, Molly. It's dangerous! Do you know how dangerous it is out there? And worse yet... what if you turn? You know the exact building we're hiding out at..."
"I don't think you should stray from the group, Molly. It's dangerous! Do you know how dangerous it is out there? And worse yet... what if you turn? You know the exact building we're hiding out at...

Molly frowned, she was more angry about this man not having faith in her then being in another mess like before. "I fought hordes of undead, groups of psychopaths, and much more." Shot Molly. Molly took a step back, her dark green eyes where focused on the man, and her voice held the most angry tone.

"We will need supplies, If you don't go fine, If you need me to take a group? I will, but if neither one of those are good, then I'll go myself."

Claire's attention was draw over to Chrom, Bigby, Rin, and Shiki as they overlooked something in a box, Chrom lighting up for a few seconds with some orange glow after answering some sort of riddle or something of the like. She moved over towards them, looking down at the Busts contained in the box, eyeing the riddles, seeing as if Chrom mentioned a "Lion" he must have solved the riddle on the third bust, and Rin shouting out "Vulture!" must have been his guess at the Second, so Claire instead focused on the first Riddle, clearly the hardest of the three, her hand on her chin and one of her feet tapping against the floor.

"Could be a raven. Ravens have the same attributes as vultures, and they are just as known for their bad nature".

Akibahara said:
ROUND ONE

"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"

Chris Redfield paced back and forth, his foot tapping against the hard marble floor: 'Click, click'! Bzzzt! Nothin'. An eerie buzz of white noise met the Captain's receiver, “This is Captain Chris Redfield, I have survivors. North Three-Nine, do you copy, over?” Bzzt~. Shit. He shook his head, “No response from Command. We're going to have to find another route.”

A large map rolled across a nearby desk, the edges are torn, and it appears weathered and brittle: It's a replica of the continental United States, lined and circled at three exact areas of interest with a black sharpie.

“Here, here, and here.” Chris' gloved index finger pointed at the map, “Unfortunately, I wish this could've gone smoother, but Command's down, as is my transmitter. I'll try to direct you all the best I can, but other than that, we're on our own.”

“Here's what we've got, I'll let you all decide the route...”

Choice One: An ensemble of old school buses lay dormant behind the Museum's guest parking lot. You count five, three appear in relatively poor condition—their paint shoddy, rust encasing the fragile steel rims, followed by listless blood streaks splattered across the outer hull—so perhaps it's best to avoid them. However, two appear in fairly good condition. Newer models, possibly. Do you use them and venture North? If so, you might want to check which two survivors among you can drive a bus!

Choice Two: Use the bus to travel South.

Choice Three: The Hoover Dam is 30 miles away from your current location. It's possible to utilize the two buses and venture forth toward your destination. WARNING: The Dam yields great benefit accompanied by great danger. Due to large quantities of hydroelectric energy flowing through the Hoover Dam, the surrounding region is fully operational, thus significantly increasing your chances to contact the U.S. military and signal an evac.

However...

The Crossed, naturally drawn to potential candidates of mass destruction, have taken up the mantle and seized the Hoover Dam. Currently faint, but audible sounds of explosions greet your ears. Do you risk it all and try to take the Dam back?

MEANWHILE...

Strange, you never saw this before: It's a vintage little wooden box, approximately 8×6 inches in length and width, dense, and sat lifelessly between the jaws of a replica velociraptor. There's a sticky note on top:

05/20/2014 – SEND TO SCP FOUNDATION

Mysteriously, the box's flimsy wooden lid popped open, giving way to three busts, approximately 1.5cm thick. The symbol of a water droplet lies in the first bust, a coffin in the second, and a crown in the third. A riddle! Do you think you have what it takes to solve it? Who knows, this... thing may grant you a reward... oh, and there's etchings at the bottom of each:

BUST ONE: “Guilty am I: murderer of my blood and Mother Nature's design, yet friend to the ultimate creation.” There's a water symbol on the bust.

BUST TWO: “Ravenous am I: Hungry, devourer of corpse and carcass, I begin my life on Earth, then soar high in the sky.” Coffin symbol.

BUST THREE: “Conqueror am I: King of the Jungle and all inhabitants within, when young, I watch and wait, when old, thus my kingship will begin.” Crown symbol.

You can now start posting in-game! The Traitors will be set up shortly. First kill & Choose-Your-Own-Adventure decision will be posted @ 2:00pm MST OR 12:00pm MST depending on activity levels. Get those votes in, boys 'n ghouls!

--------

SURVIVOR LIST:

Dallas as Dallas (PAYDAY 2)

Magnestia as Jehoel (The Apocalypse of Abraham)

Scave as Aiden Pearce (Watch_Dogs)

Flaming Centurion as Dandy (Space Dandy)

Jon N64 as The Arbiter (Halo)

Jeremiah as Annie (League of Legends)

AwesomeGu117 as Commander Shephard (Mass Effect)

The Golden Witch as Lambdadelta (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni)

Unusual Philosopher as Colombus (Zombieland)

Russian God as Vaas Montenegro (Far Cry 3)

Reaper Jack as Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero)

TSMBjergsen as Yasuo, the Unforgiven (League of Legends)

JayJay as Ellie (The Last of Us)

Leo Barnes as Leo Barnes (The Purge: Anarchy)

MrWubsDubs as Vi (League of Legends... again.)

Verite as Shiki Tohno (Tsukihime)

Kawashima Thunderas as Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)

LunarDiscord as Claire Redfield (Resident Evil)

Saturnice01 as Garrus (Mass Effect)

Lunar-Eclipse as Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)

Lorr as The Dullahan (Irish Mythology)

Trickster Vixen as Black Widow (The Avengers)

Evil Ephemera as Lightning (Final Fantasy)

MattieLee as Matt Miller & Kinzie Kensington (Saint's Row 3&4)

Kaatty as Lara Croft (Self-titled series)

Hunter2258 as Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Bombielonia as Debra Morgan (Dexter)

Xibilation as Ariel (The Little Mermaid)

Flowershadow as Adachi Tohru (Persona 4)

Cressy as Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls)

Hatty Hattington as... Hatty Hattington (Battleblock Theatre)

SuperChocoMilk as Clementine & Luke (The Walking Dead)

Deeox2 as Subject Delta (BioShock 2)

The Gil as Bigby Wolf (The Wolf Among Us)

Sandra as Rin Okumura (Blue Exorcist)

RainbowWave as Molly (The Walking Dead)

Roki R. Kankai as The Courier (Fallout: New Vegas)

Yuuki Tatsunohi as Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)

Misterchids as Oswald Mandus (Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs)

MozoWhittaker as Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

Elondora as Wynne (Dragon Age: Origins)

Delayinder as Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)

TheAlmightyEmperor as Rand Al'Thor (Wheel of Time)

LannTheClever as... Lann the Clever (Game of Thrones)

GreenSea as Junpei Iori (Persona 3)

Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Elsa (Frozen)

Ahzek Ahriman as Ahzek Ahriman (Warhammer 40k)

SirDerpingtonIV as The RED Spy (Team Fortress 2)

TheFelixMoon as James Earl Cash (Manhunt)

Atarf as Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) (PLACEHOLDER)

Eliminated:

Teh Frixz as GLaDOS (BOWED OUT- Killed @ End of Round One planned)

Umbraism as "Fem" Hei (BOWED OUT- Killed @ End of Round One planned)

Hayden as The Hermit (Underhell) (BOWED OUT- Killed @ End of Round One planned)
RainbowWave said:
Molly awoke in a small brown chair near the unsettling amount of people in the building, everyone was given 3 choices, Go north with 2 buses, Go south with the buses, or try to make it to the Hover Dam 30 miles away. Molly slowly moved her hand to her wound and smiled, the wound was stitched and holding, and the bleeding have stopped. 'It still burns...' answered Molly, her mind was filling with thoughts and her health was only adding to it Molly took a slight left look, Elsa was standing besides her, her face looking to be in thought.
"Elsa? Did I pass out or something? What happen?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@RainbowWave

When the lights went out in their room, Elsa called out for Molly, looking around. She heard the sound of shifting and someone else moving around--which she figured was Molly--before she heard a loud crash. Moving toward the sound, she saw Molly's figure, shadowed by the dark, on the floor unconscious once again.

"Not good!" Elsa muttered, shaking her shoulder. Molly was out. Did she bump her head on something? That had to have been the explanation. There was nobody else in the room. Deciding Molly needed more help than she could provide, Elsa lifted the woman into her arms and left the dark room, reluctantly leaving her supplies behind--she couldn't carry both.

Elsa made her way back into the main room of the museum, setting Molly down in a chair and taking a few deep breaths. "Is anyone in here a doctor? This woman may need to be checked over," she called out to the others, looking around at them. The others looked tired, worn, and as if they may have seen trouble while Molly and herself had been in the other room. She frowned, listening to Chris speak with such focus she didn't notice when Molly awoke at first. When Molly addressed her, however, Elsa's focus returned to the woman.

"You did pass out. I called for a doctor, but honestly I have no idea what happened in that room. The lights blacked out, and I heard you fall to the floor. I took us back out here in the open. It was becoming strangely uncomfortable in that room," she said with a shudder.

(Argh my internet is so slow today. It's quitting on me right when I said a reply. TT_TT So if Molly said anything other than this post, I'm gonna say Elsa just didn't hear it. xD )

Last edited by a moderator:
Deciding to try his luck once again, he decided to focus on the second one, since the first one he still didn't understand.

"Vulture!" He guessed, saying the same thing he said as last time, "Though it could be a number of other things. Raven, hawk...?" He mumbled the last part, hoping one of his given choices would be the right answer.

[QUOTE="The Gil]"Could be a raven. Ravens have the same attributes as vultures, and they are just as known for their bad nature".

[/QUOTE]
" Eh, its a shame they've been given such a bad rep, they're actually some of the most intelligent birds out there. They visit their parents when they get older, help wolves find kills, and a whole bunch of cool stuff like that.. " Claire says, adding on a bit to what Bigby had said, her mind quickly going back to what the answer to the first riddle could have been, although she heard Adachi mention it could have been something Chrom had said...

OOC: Oh, okay. Cool. I suppose we can disregard my other post then. Thanks and stuff.

Bigby sat on the ground. "We're all lost on the two first ones. The first could be a dolphin. Wait... I think IT IS a dolphin. But I'm still lost at the second"

RainbowWave said:
Molly frowned, she was more angry about this man not having faith in her then being in another mess like before. "I fought hordes of undead, groups of psychopaths, and much more." Shot Molly. Molly took a step back, her dark green eyes where focused on the man, and her voice held the most angry tone.

"We will need supplies, If you don't go fine, If you need me to take a group? I will, but if neither one of those are good, then I'll go myself."
Wait, undead? Are... are you a survivor of the Raccoon City incident? Wait, nevermind. It doesn't matter. The Crossed are smart, Molly, they can set up traps, plan, and will even hide until you're within view... and as you're aware, a lot of them wield firearms. We're... we're going to leave anyway, but... if you want, you're free to go. I'm no dictator.

Akibahara said:

ROUND ONE

"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"

Chris Redfield paced back and forth, his foot tapping against the hard marble floor: 'Click, click'! Bzzzt! Nothin'. An eerie buzz of white noise met the Captain's receiver, “This is Captain Chris Redfield, I have survivors. North Three-Nine, do you copy, over?Bzzt~. Shit. He shook his head, “No response from Command. We're going to have to find another route.

A large map rolled across a nearby desk, the edges are torn, and it appears weathered and brittle: It's a replica of the continental United States, lined and circled at three exact areas of interest with a black sharpie.

Here, here, and here.” Chris' gloved index finger pointed at the map, “Unfortunately, I wish this could've gone smoother, but Command's down, as is my transmitter. I'll try to direct you all the best I can, but other than that, we're on our own.

Here's what we've got, I'll let you all decide the route...

Choice One: An ensemble of old school buses lay dormant behind the Museum's guest parking lot. You count five, three appear in relatively poor condition—their paint shoddy, rust encasing the fragile steel rims, followed by listless blood streaks splattered across the outer hull—so perhaps it's best to avoid them. However, two appear in fairly good condition. Newer models, possibly. Do you use them and venture North? If so, you might want to check which two survivors among you can drive a bus!

Choice Two: Use the bus to travel South.

Choice Three: The Hoover Dam is 30 miles away from your current location. It's possible to utilize the two buses and venture forth toward your destination. WARNING: The Dam yields great benefit accompanied by great danger. Due to large quantities of hydroelectric energy flowing through the Hoover Dam, the surrounding region is fully operational, thus significantly increasing your chances to contact the U.S. military and signal an evac.

However...

The Crossed, naturally drawn to potential candidates of mass destruction, have taken up the mantle and seized the Hoover Dam. Currently faint, but audible sounds of explosions greet your ears. Do you risk it all and try to take the Dam back?

MEANWHILE...

Strange, you never saw this before: It's a vintage little wooden box, approximately 8×6 inches in length and width, dense, and sat lifelessly between the jaws of a replica velociraptor. There's a sticky note on top:

05/20/2014 – SEND TO SCP FOUNDATION

Mysteriously, the box's flimsy wooden lid popped open, giving way to three busts, approximately 1.5cm thick. The symbol of a water droplet lies in the first bust, a coffin in the second, and a crown in the third. A riddle! Do you think you have what it takes to solve it? Who knows, this... thing may grant you a reward... oh, and there's etchings at the bottom of each:

BUST ONE: “Guilty am I: murderer of my blood and Mother Nature's design, yet friend to the ultimate creation.” There's a water symbol on the bust.

BUST TWO: “Ravenous am I: Hungry, devourer of corpse and carcass, I begin my life on Earth, then soar high in the sky.” Coffin symbol.

BUST THREE: “Conqueror am I: King of the Jungle and all inhabitants within, when young, I watch and wait, when old, thus my kingship will begin.” Crown symbol.

You can now start posting in-game! The Traitors will be set up shortly. First kill & Choose-Your-Own-Adventure decision will be posted @ 2:00pm MST OR 12:00pm MST depending on activity levels. Get those votes in, boys 'n ghouls!

--------

SURVIVOR LIST:

Dallas as Dallas (PAYDAY 2)

Magnestia as Jehoel (The Apocalypse of Abraham)

Scave as Aiden Pearce (Watch_Dogs)

Flaming Centurion as Dandy (Space Dandy)

Jon N64 as The Arbiter (Halo)

Jeremiah as Annie (League of Legends)

AwesomeGu117 as Commander Shephard (Mass Effect)

The Golden Witch as Lambdadelta (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni)

Unusual Philosopher as Colombus (Zombieland)

Russian God as Vaas Montenegro (Far Cry 3)

Reaper Jack as Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero)

TSMBjergsen as Yasuo, the Unforgiven (League of Legends)

JayJay as Ellie (The Last of Us)

Leo Barnes as Leo Barnes (The Purge: Anarchy)

MrWubsDubs as Vi (League of Legends... again.)

Verite as Shiki Tohno (Tsukihime)

Kawashima Thunderas as Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)

LunarDiscord as Claire Redfield (Resident Evil)

Saturnice01 as Garrus (Mass Effect)

Lunar-Eclipse as Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)

Lorr as The Dullahan (Irish Mythology)

Trickster Vixen as Black Widow (The Avengers)

Evil Ephemera as Lightning (Final Fantasy)

MattieLee as Matt Miller & Kinzie Kensington (Saint's Row 3&4)

Kaatty as Lara Croft (Self-titled series)

Hunter2258 as Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Bombielonia as Debra Morgan (Dexter)

Xibilation as Ariel (The Little Mermaid)

Flowershadow as Adachi Tohru (Persona 4)

Cressy as Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls)

Hatty Hattington as... Hatty Hattington (Battleblock Theatre)

SuperChocoMilk as Clementine & Luke (The Walking Dead)

Deeox2 as Subject Delta (BioShock 2)

The Gil as Bigby Wolf (The Wolf Among Us)

Sandra as Rin Okumura (Blue Exorcist)

RainbowWave as Molly (The Walking Dead)

Roki R. Kankai as The Courier (Fallout: New Vegas)

Yuuki Tatsunohi as Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)

Misterchids as Oswald Mandus (Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs)

MozoWhittaker as Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

Elondora as Wynne (Dragon Age: Origins)

Delayinder as Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)

TheAlmightyEmperor as Rand Al'Thor (Wheel of Time)

LannTheClever as... Lann the Clever (Game of Thrones)

GreenSea as Junpei Iori (Persona 3)

Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Elsa (Frozen)

Ahzek Ahriman as Ahzek Ahriman (Warhammer 40k)

SirDerpingtonIV as The RED Spy (Team Fortress 2)

TheFelixMoon as James Earl Cash (Manhunt)

Atarf as Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) (PLACEHOLDER)

Eliminated:

Teh Frixz as GLaDOS (
BOWED OUT- Killed @ End of Round One planned)

Umbraism as "Fem" Hei (

Hayden as The Hermit (Underhell) (
Taking a quick look at the map, she merely shrugged, not really knowing what she should pick from the options. All of them seemed thrilling, to say at least, yet knowing her real opponent, she'd choose, what was most likely the wrong choice, to make this even more agitating than they already were.

"I'll say, we head North, gather resources and fortify, and maybe send a team to clear the dam afterwards, since it already seems to be under siege."

// OOC : I'll pick NORTH

His eyes set on the first bust as his mind got thinking back to something he heard when he was in elementary school, tapping his forehead lightly with one finger before he spoke out.

Is the first one a shark? Sharks do eat each other and are known for destroying coral and such with their feeding habits and general habits. And to them, the "ultimate creation" is probably the ocean.

He pondered his answer, thinking it over a few times.

Solaire repeats it in his mind

BUST ONE
: “Guilty am I: murderer of my blood and Mother Nature's design, yet friend to the ultimate creation.” There's a water symbol on the bust.

2: "Could be a Raven." he says shivering

1: For some reason it made me think of Parents, Like God, Gwyn!

Ellie was trying to listen in on what everyone was talking about, not being tall enough to look over their heads, when she saw the brown haired girl with the braid standing somewhere in the crowd.

She noticed the girl was carrying a bow and a quiver.

Being a rookie archer herself, it had caught her attention, so she started walking toward the girl.

Maybe she can teach me some cool tricks, if she's any good.

She stood beside the girl, smiling while looking up at her.

"Hey. I just wanna know, is that like... an actual, real bow? And do you know how to shoot with it?"

Ellie had an excited look on her face, eager to learn.

@Atarf

Claire outed her opinion on the first bust after thinking over what Chrom had said, he had said his answer out loud, but maybe since he had already received a reward of some sort, maybe he couldn't get one again. " Would the answer to the first bust's riddle be a Human? " She asked aloud, watching the first bust as it lay down in the wooden box, hoping the answer and her theory was correct.

[QUOTE="The Gil]Bigby sat on the ground. "We're all lost on the two first ones. The first could be a dolphin. Wait... I think IT IS a dolphin. But I'm still lost at the second"

[/QUOTE]
Bigby's form began to glow a dim blue hue! He was correct, it's a Dolphin! The little hole in the box also began to shimmer, a small, barely audible Dolphin 'creeee...' coming from the mystery box.

(( CONGRATULATIONS! Bigby Wolf has been awarded +1 Round Elimination immunity; +3 votes! If you vote for the next round, it counts as 3 votes! ))

One puzzle remains...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back