• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Multiverse Theory

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
There are many universes in existence, some so chaotic that nothing can exist but the most depraved and destructive beings in all of existence, some are so well ordered that there are no surprises and no suspense, simply awareness.

Between these two extremes exists everything else. From the Ordered Beings of Allslla to the Chaotic Denizens of Lienzium.

Our Universe is, oddly, closer to the Ordered side of the universes than the Chaotic side. Chaotic in it's expanse but ordered in it's laws. Because of this, our universe and those similar to it are among the last Universes to come into the Multiverse, fortunately, there are rules that protect them from being quickly assimilated by the major forces of the Multiverse.

Our Universes first ambassadors are traveling to the Nexus, the True Center of the Multiverse, so well placed that it is neither Ordered or Chaotic. Here, the various races of each universe can communicate, trade, and even battle for resources and information. From the advanced science of the Ordered Races to the wild magic of the Chaotic Races.

Will there be peace among the Multiverse? Will there be war? That depends on how well the people of each universe behave in the Nexus.

It has been a while since I made a roleplay. This roleplay will have an interest in both scientific stuff, like mechs and guns, and magic stuff, such as spells, demons, gods. I will allow everyone to make a race and what type of universe they came from as well as use existing races in the future.

I have a lot to work out, but I wanted to get people's interest in the beginning to make sure it will get interest. It'll also let me know who's going to stay and who is just posting interest for the sake of posting.

I love that this is getting so much interest. The roleplay will be up in a day or so after I've gotten everything I want written up.

I love that this is getting so much interest. The roleplay will be up in a day or so after I've gotten everything I want written up.

I was waiting to see how much interest this got before saying if I was interested or not. I tend to get too hyped and so I wanted to stay patient.

Alright, time to give everyone some busy work while I work on the roleplay. I hope everyone is alright with that and it will give me an idea of how you all roleplay. I'm going to give you a topic and you'll write me a little scene. I thought about adding this to the rules or the character sheet, but it is a good way to both keep the interest thread at the top and understand how you all work.

A Slip in Space

You, or your character of choice, has fallen through an inter-dimensional gateway and ended up in a completely new world. Tell me about this world and how your character survives. How does this world work? Is it scientifically advanced? Does it run on Magic? How does your character react to this new world? Are they compatible with it? What dangers do they face? Do they fight using brute force or do they fight using their intelligence?

In short, tell me a story. Tell me a story of a person displaced from their world. I would like at least three decent sized paragraphs, though longer is always better. Feel free to collaborate with each other as well if you want, though each person still needs the same amount of paragraphs.

It's dark, there is nothing surrounded by further nothingness.

Silence.

I slip and fall. I'm suddenly falling into an endless pit.

My stomach lurches and I sit bolt upright, covered in sweat. I'm in a strangers bed in an unknown room. The curtains are closed but there is a bright light filtering through the gap between. I glance around the room. I'm alone, thank the stars.

Surveying the room, besides the single bed I find myself in, there is a bookshelf, a corner desk and chair, a large and ornate metallic light stand underneath which sits a comfortable looking and very brightly coloured orange recliner. Rather than papers as one might expect, the desk is covered in trinkets, gears and tools such that you might see in a clockmakers workshop.

I pull back the bed covers and find that I have been dressed in a colourful gown, a cloth soft, light and warm unlike anything I have worn before. I place my feet on the floor and my head spins.

Where am I?

"Hello?" I call out softly.

A series of clanks and a chattering of gears brings the corner lamp seemingly to life, it's 'light shade' now facing me, a glowing red light shining, looking. I go to run but slip, I fall onto my face, scrambling now towards the door, panicked.

The door swings open, a man, though not a man, stands there. Shorter and light of frame, more like a child but wearing what could best be described as the attire of a pilot or race car driver with a helmet and large glasses sitting atop.

With a wave of his hand two flying machines (or are they creatures) move into the room and hover above my head. The size of a pigeon they are metallic but move so organically yet are clearly controlled by the man standing in front of me.

"Where am I? Please help me," I stammer pushing myself onto my knees.

"Come" the man says and he walks to the window and opens the blinds. I stand and walk to him.

"This city is Macron. Who are you and why are you here?"

Alright, the coding is done and I've added the information. So the rp is open. Please be sure to read all the rules in the OOC before making your character as well as the information in the Extra's Thread.

Pondy Pondy I like your little story. I was expecting the first story to be magical so it is nice to see something mechanical.

Grammatic Grammatic SolemnSongbird SolemnSongbird Rysesaka Rysesaka CharlesAngel CharlesAngel Petroshka Petroshka crumbelivable crumbelivable G .Guest The Empress of Ice The Empress of Ice Kiroshiven Kiroshiven BlightGiver BlightGiver A aaaah I Interstellar Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

@Starfish deer deer (If either of you two are interested in joining :P)

The Multiverse Theory

I am encouraging questions, it helps me create new ideas for the roleplays I am in. If you create a universe, please make it detailed.

I would like to give on the assignment. Considering how much I am interested in this roleplay!

This feeling felt like death. It felt like birth. However, neither of them was true.

I already faced death once. It was just a moment of unconsciousness, fortunately. Though, this setting is alien to me; it couldn't be on my world or am I still dreaming.

It looked like rock candy. Jewels were placed as if they were trees, clouds, animals and even the water! Everything was shiny and sparkling. Was it sharp? Further investigations should solve that. The "grass" was slightly more prickly that normal grass. The "apples" tasted like a brand of rock candy. I couldn't tell whether it was a world of jewelry or a world of (rock) candy. I recorded every detail on sight, making sure I don't lose any memory of this.

I was used to a monster/human/sci-fi setting. Throughout my life, I was adventuring that world. This world? I couldn't believe this. On one hand, I was thrilled to have an opportunity to gather information on this "Gem World". The other hand, I was filled with panic and fright about not going back to my world. That's of course if I was sure that I'm not on my planet, universe or whatever.

I'll just have to do what I do best: being curious and go on an adventure. I hope I find a way back home sooner or later.

Pondy Pondy Grammatic Grammatic SolemnSongbird SolemnSongbird Rysesaka Rysesaka CharlesAngel CharlesAngel Petroshka Petroshka crumbelivable crumbelivable G .Guest The Empress of Ice The Empress of Ice Kiroshiven Kiroshiven BlightGiver BlightGiver A aaaah I Interstellar Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Everyone getting along alright? The roleplay is open, come say hello on the OOC if you are participating.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-multiverse-theory-ooc.342857/

Oh, as a little bit of information, you don't have to make a Universe, though early on in the roleplay it might be necessary. But if you don't want to make your own Universe, you are free to make a character for someone else's Universe. Just make sure to get their permission and any information you think you should know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back