• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Monsters Among Men

Redrobinwing

1215540_large.jpg

A glowing yellow moon illuminates the streets of Stormshield, the capitol city of Warshandein. Dark storm clouds are starting to set in, yet there are no signs of rain. There are hundreds of citizens standing outside of their homes and businesses, most of them brandishing weapons ranging from swords to halberds to crossbows. Every town guard who isn't nursing a wound sustained during the prior attacks is stationed on the wall. They're preparing for the fourth raid this week, and while they have been able to withstand every attack so far, their resources are slowly starting to dwindle. Their weapons work but are breaking easily, their armor does little to protect them from the wounds they receive, and any ammunition that can be used is running low. New shipments from other cities and kingdoms are on their way, but won't arrive for another two days at least. The smaller villages and towns have fared far worse. Many have been wiped out by the hordes, but just as many still do their best to survive without abandoning their homes.

Just when it seems that Stormshield might finally be able to rest for a night, the clouds overhead cover the moon as it changes color to a crimson red. The sky adopts this color as well, and a single, ear-piercing shriek cuts through the city. Worse than a nails on a chalkboard, loud enough for every single man, woman, and child to hear and cower in fear from. Another comes right after the first, then another, then another. Winged beasts descend from the skies and begin their assault. Their crimson eyes can see every living thing that they plans to kill, their demonic wings send it charging towards the city's defenses, and their fangs prepare to rip through the flesh, metal, and leather that attempts in vain to protect the city guards.

You sit in a cold stone room. You sit in a well-crafted wooden chair with a well-sized table in front of you. There's a man sitting on the other side of the table, a single sheet of parchment and a quill in his hands. He's older, bald with grey hair and tired-looking eyes. His skin is on the tan side, which contrasts with his striking, sky-blue eyes. He's writing something down, you're not exactly sure what. You've come to Stormshield by request of King Alexander. He's sent scouts out across his kingdom in search of those who might be able to help with the attacks, and you are one of the people he's found. You know the source of the attacks, as do most people, but few are willing to say it aloud. Vlad Tepes, known to most as Count Dracula, has reawoken and released his demonic armies into the world, vowing to destroy the human race. So far, he's succeeding; his monsters are wrecking havoc throughout the kingdom, and thousands of people have died in the two short weeks since the attacks began. It's up to you, and whoever else the King has gathered, to end Vlad's reign of terror, and to save humanity from certain doom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there! I've been reading and watching a lot of fantasy, gothic inspired books and shows lately, and I was inspired to make an RP that's similar in style. Obviously, this is a fantasy setting, and set in a roughly medieval period. I want everyone in the RP to have a lot of say in the story, I don't like to DM so much as I enjoy it when everyone has equal input in the story. The world is ours to build :D Regarding characters, I encourage everyone to be as creative as possible with backstory and races, there are no limits on either.

Regarding rules:
- Proper grammar
- Be pretty consistent in posting, at least once a day is preferred
- Be polite to everyone in the RP
- At least a paragraph per post, please
- I like it when everyone is active in OOC chat, so let's try to stay active in that too
- This is a darker RP in terms of aesthetic and influence, so gore, foul language, and sex are all going to be written about
- I'd prefer everyone to be 16+ due to the themes listed above ^

So, anyone interested?​

Count me in!

Get it, Count Dracula and all?...
I'll see myself out.

BlueHawk BlueHawk Totally! The more the marrier :D

starfallen.txt starfallen.txt Slav Slav Vampunk Vampunk

As I get ready to post the CS thread, would you guys prefer a CS template that's written as if someone is actually describing your characters (the scenario would be a scribe asking your character various questions, your character answering, and the scribe writing down some information) or would you rather use a traditional CS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back