• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Mighty fall.

Yahtzee

Overuser of the word 'awesome'
Yo wait one sec let me just psych myself up for this. It's gon' be good. Alright alright I am now well and truly in the zone. Hopefully you are too and I can get this party- man your eyes are distracting. BACK TO POINT

It begins....

So lemme drop some knowledge on you bruh. Magic is the real deal. Like it's as legit as a brick house slamming into your face and in certain hands that is exactly what it can feel like. Only thing is though, nobody knows about it. Well not nobody nobody. Some people are in the know but they practice it with the utmost discretion in a sort of secret society that coexists with our normal everyday lives. A secret society with rules to prevent discovery. At the head of this organization are The Mighty. They are a select group of wizards that oversee and guide but if you read the title you may have a growing suspicion about my next words.

That group have fallen. More than that, they have vanished and chaos is raining supreme as rogue wizards go around doing things that will surely get them noticed. Some have banded together to attempt to rule over normal people without magic like kings. All while this is going on another threat is rising. A demon is gathering it's forces to launch an all out attack on the barrier between mortal and magic realms.

Messy messy. Our character for some reason or another are involved in tidying up this mess and motivations depend on the character. For example mine will have had a bit of a crush on one of the members of The Mighty and is seeking them out. The meeting between all the characters will be ironed out in a way that will hopefully make sense for us all.

Now onto magic. This is long so it's in a hider.

Simply put it is screwing with energy. You know how energy can't be created or destroyed but it can be changed from one form to another? Using magic bends that rule and with enough power can outright break it.

To utilize magic the magician needs to be in direct contact with the energy and they also will need a 'focus' which is just something that allows the wizard to use his or her magic. It can be anything and most keep what it is a secret but it is needed. They are found, not made and it's a sort of take what you can get situation. There are many different shapes and sizes, my character's is a ring but it could be a sword, amulet or underwear. All of these things are made of silver and inscribed with strange runes so the underwear option is really unlikely.

I'll explain about magic in detail but just before I do picture the mage as a drinking straw that can move and change energy that goes through it. Using magic requires certain skills of varying degrees and those are:

Strength:

The maximum width of the hole of the straw. A massive amount of energy can be transformed or redirected or even created. In theory a mage with enough strength could redirect the kinetic energy of an oncoming truck into the ground and remain unharmed except there are other aspects and he or she would need to be a badass in those as well.

Speed:

How fast can energy go through that straw? This wizard might not have enough juice to stop a truck but throw a dart or arrow at them and it could burst into flames on contact.

Resilience:

This is trickier to explain but essentially the toughness of the straw. Playing with energy can get a mage hurt but with enough of this they can withstand whatever energy they push through. Example: Redirecting lightning or something equally dramatic and not in any way related to Avatar no not the blue one.

Control:

Fairly simple here. How much control does a mage have over the energy he is manipulating? With low control it could be a weaker blast of light, heat and force but a more focused blast could use that same amount of energy in a completely transparent wave of force capable of crushing buildings.

Finally there are three official 'types' of magical practitioners although any mage worth his or her salt is passable in all three areas so don't fret about sticking to just one.

Transmuters:

These magi are skilled at changing energy from one form into another. Kinetic into heat or light into electrical.

Directors:

Instead of focusing on just changing what form energy take these wizards change where it is going. Shoot them with a bullet and you'll find it coming straight back. They also are skilled at using energy on themselves too in order to increase and amplify their physical fighting skills to near superhuman proportions.

Creators:

These guys are badass no matter how you swing it. They can create energy itself and some rumours tell of them destroying it but nothing is confirmed yet. It takes a lot of effort to do even the smallest of things. Lighting a candle can make a user breath a little more heavily. A jet of flames or force push could knock them out.

Bugger that was a long read and read it I hope you have. I'm really keen to see what interest this stirs up and get this show on the road. Here is a sort of character skeleton for you to either admire or ignore:

Name:

Description:

Personality: Pics, anime, description, whatever floats your ship

History:What happened to this char and why are they where they are? What is their ultimate goal?

Style of magic: How does your character utilize their abilities? What is their focus?

After a little interest has been generated on this I will get stuff going and I will without a doubt need a co-gm to join in on this thing. Just contact me via PM if you are seriously interested.

So yeah. That's it I guess. I look forward to some responses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back