The Melkin Fool in Red

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
Anywhere I can find more information on this deathnight??? Can't seem to find very much besides her deathlord...

Who does she hail to? Her name sounds like the country that Deandsor falls into. It's the country of Melekin.

I'm pretty sure it was the Lover Clad in the Raiment of tears...not sure...at the moment, I'm thinkin of having her somewhat like batman's harley quinn...leading a circus of the damned akin to the red triangle circus in batman returns...only with zombies

Which is why it's a good idea.

Clowns scare the crap out of small children.  Why?

Because inside, children know that people aren't supposed to be that color.  Their noses aren't supposed to be that size.  Neither are feet.

And let's face it, anything that is supposed to bring you mirth, joy and entertainment, that winds up disemboweling your granmmother, is some scary ass shit.  At least, if you happen to like your grandmother.

Carnies aren't great people--and the idea of undead carnies should scare the bejeebus out of folks.  And the predatory nature of circuses and their squatter-esque, free ranging gypsy ways melds well with a lot of sinister circus themes that have been used in the past.  Yes, I'm thinking Meridian and not just because of Charlie Spadderling's boobs--which while not natural in the least, were impressive in Full Moon Video releases for some time.

I can see a great scene of a towns emptying in terror when they hear caliope-esque trills in the distance, and a Circle of Exalts watching people flee from the circus coming to town, eyes wide with fear, and then in the distance, the first wagons crest over the hill, the miasma of rotting flesh carried with the wind, and jugglers tossing up severed hands and feet and childrens' heads walking before them...

Wow...now that you expand upon it...damn that's a good idea. That reminds me, Thorn, have you read the STC? I believe it hasa picture of Melkin in the sample Abyssal area. Because I know one of her Abyssals IS a circus performer.

Thanks Jakk...that's exactly why I'm using it...

Especially because the game I'm running consist mostly of a travelling group of performers...they've gotten center stage at a harvest festival thingy in Great Forks, and if my memory serves me correctly, the Lover has made several attempts on that city before...so, why not have some undead party crashers?

I've just got this image in my head of her fighting one of the spirits of Great forks...the one with the spear...can't remember the name, and the books are packed...but, I think I'm gonna have her impaled, slide down the spear, kiss the spirit deep and say something along the lines of "ooh, harder", then pull herself off the spear...any suggestions to this are welcome

Strangely enough I had an Abyssal NPC, ripped straight out of Soul Calibur, yes, Voldo. He scared my PCs because he loved the pain they gave him.

That's what makes them all the more fun to play out. It made some of them just weird out and want to kill him even more. Then I've got my plain macabre Abyssals. Check out my Hush fic in Lore5 for what I mean.

I'm still tinkering with the idea of making a heroic Abyssal...the kind that risks Resonance to protect mortals, to make them accept Oblivion when the time is right...and when they kill him, they have to deal with angry mobs trying to kill the monsters that slew their protector

Nice. The odd Abyssals who try new things to appear heroic and are secretly vile are something I've been dying to try out.

They're seeking to release people from the repeated pain of existance.

Without some sort of Transcendence, some sort of spiritual advance, what can souls look forward to?  A renewed cycle of pain and anguish.  Oblivion is a sweet release from the pain of existance.  A repeat of anger and hatred.  With the Oblivion, there is nothing but peace.  In Oblivion, there is a release of all debts and charges.  No pain. No anger. No hatred.

What will be fun, is an Abyssal who not only seeks to release Mortals, but ghosts as well, a perversion of the natural order, a vain hope of continued existance, instead of acceptance of their death.  One who looks at the Nemissaries as not just rivals, but also cowards who couldn't accept their deaths, and have accumulated power to stave off the Oblivion, and hates their hypocrisy of serving the Malfeans, while fleeing their own demise.  And that goes double for their Deathlords...

A Deathknight who recognizes his or her purpose to releasing ALL of Creation of the chains that bind them to pain and suffering, a paragon of Death, who has only contempt for those who seek to continue their existance, and who only "lives" so long as to complete his purpose, and longs for the Oblivion and release of his own charge...

Oooh, I like....maybe combine it with a kind of overbearing motherly love and make a really twisted Abyssal...

Combine that with an Abyssal in motley, and you've got a really terrifying motherfucker.  Kudos.

B00006FDCD.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

.... 'nuff said.

Man, that movie was shitty, even by TV-movie standards.

-S

Yes it was. But the book was pretty damn creepy. And I was too lazy to find a good cover-art pic for it...

I read that book at age 11. It was certainly the LONGEST book I'd ever read, at that point. Enjoyed it, though.

-S

... same here actually (first really long book I read). Then I found my father's copy of Lord of the Rings, and it was all downhill from there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back