• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Marauders - A Star Wars Tale

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ashlyn came in rather quickly, forcing the Speeder to a stop inches from the rear wall. She hopped off of it, looking at everyone quickly as a hand rested in her sidearm. It seems everyone had been handled. "Zuu, you good?" She asked, seeing the arm in his hand, and feeling his anger, washing over her like a strong wave. "You did good, I'm not going to lecture you on feelings. That is Jalen's job... Just getting careful, ok? Losing one of our own would be a tough loss to deal with." She said, he hand leaving her holster and walking up and taking a seat across from Sasha. She pulled down her scarf and uncovered her face, cracking her neck as she strapped in.

"All's well that ends well." She said with a light smirk.

Scavenger Scavenger HK Fifty HK Fifty LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Epiphany Epiphany

The hatch closed in the hutt ship as it accelerated to get out of the atmosphere, true to Alashars prediction, noone even noticed they were infact apart of the thieving marauders. The ship lurched to lightspeed, taking them into hyperspace, bringing them out shortly after Alashars own ship came out of the hypertunnel. At this time Jalen with the help of R5K6 was loading the repository onto their own ship. R5 chirps a concern "Master...there seems to be-" Jalen runs around making sure the repository won't fall off their ship saying "Not now, we'll deal with it later, get our ship running immediately. Scavenger Scavenger Lexa rig the charges on the burner and get on our ship." The planet they were on was a barren moon with rather low oxygen levels, but they weren't going to be there long. R5 did as he was told making sure the systems were primed for their quick get away.

Zuu sits next to Dasdana quietly clutching the forearm as if he'd never let it go, the darkside since subsided. They break through the hyper jump zooming towards the rendezvous moon, Dasdana turns her face to Zuu in the helmet, the concern still so evident in the force. She simply places a hand on the zabraks forearm, a light gesture that brought forth a calm to the storm of confusion in Zuu. The ship easily touches down, Dasdana quickly begins lining the interior hull with charges as Zuu helps get the speeder out of this ship loading it to the Marauders ship with a cut reply to both Sasha and Ashlyn "I'm Fine." He maybe lying to himself but the force within him wouldn't allow it. The turmoil and hatred at seeing the ponytails cut through his spirit like a blender through a tomato. This was rather easy for Ash and Sasha to see LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Epiphany Epiphany . Alashars own ship was only alittle ahead of the group HK Fifty HK Fifty who by this time would have landed to help the others prepare the transfer.

Ashlyn nodded, not going to argue with him. His feelings were his own, after all. She glanced at Sasha, "So I assume everything went well?" She asked, fixing the sling of her rifle to fit her shoulder better. "Besides being chased by Boba, of course..." She added, having not forgotten that part. She crossed to the main ship, ready to get back as soon as possible.

Alashar was intensely relieved to see what she was quick to recognize as Sasha’s ship exit hyperspace shortly after hers. Her heart ached to hail Sasha on the comms , but she knew that she couldn’t allow herself to feel safe yet - after all , they weren’t to their base yet. Instead she merely landed her ship near the other’s burner ship and started placing the explosives in her V-19 , intimately familiar with the starfighter’s various strengths and weaknesses enough to know exactly where to place the minimal amount of explosives to obliterate it. The others had suggested she might wish to utilize it again in a different paint scheme , seeing as how common V-19’s were and how easily the transponder codes could be changed. However , she herself didn’t wish to utilize the fighter again after such a dangerous mission , just in case the Hutts or Black Sun somehow track such a fighter back to her. Asides , she had no need for a secondary ship to her Delta-7B , asides from usage as a temporary ship for specific missions.

Once she had finished sowing the ship with explosives the Miraluka left it in it’s position to join the others , waiting to actually destroy it until the primary freighter was destroyed as well. In the meantime she helped the others loading the repository onto their primary freighter. She did notice the Dark Side feelings rolling off of Zuu , but she knew she couldn’t do anything to help him. If she did try to help it’d likely devolve into one of her infamous lectures on the evils of falling to the Dark Side , and Sasha had told her that her lectures often did little other than make the underlying issues worse. It wasn’t difficult to notice she was sticking very close to Sasha , though she was more shadowing her and less conversing with her. Besides , Ashlyn asked the one question she felt she could ask at the moment. ‘I still need to ensure we get safely back to base before I allow myself to be openly affectionate with her. If I allow myself to feel at ease now , I could doom us all.

Ashlyn's question brought a smile to the Chiss woman's lips.

"Yes, I think it did. I made it look like another Cartel was after Jabba's databases, so the shutdown of the repository was the 'idea' of his security team. I'm sure our prompt theft of that repository may make them reassess that. Which reminds me." Sasha paused to make a note on her personal datapad. "I'm going to need to update Zuu's cover. Hopefully I can insert a record of him winning the lightsaber somewhere and using it on a couple of jobs. And hopefully I can do it before those Mandalorians report back and Jabba's security pulls off-world records. As it is, there aren't a lot of groups out there made up of Jedi so if they make the connection, that's a glaring tipoff in our direction."

She avoided looking at Zuu while she spoke to Ash. The implicit critique was enough, and hopefully enough to help him get a handle on that rage next time.

Once the ship joins up with the others, Sasha joined in with the transfer, taking time to thoroughly trash their ship's computers before someone blew the vessel up. Better safe than sorry. Alashar's lingering presence passed without comment but from time to time, the Chiss woman looked at the Miraluka and smiled, knowing that the blind woman would sense her joy better than seeing the expression anyway. With the immediate mission over, Jedi serenity once more rolled over Sasha and she found herself pleased that they'd made it this far.

Now to get back to a safe port...and figure out how exactly Jalen was going to handle the exchange of money.

Scavenger Scavenger HK Fifty HK Fifty LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Epiphany Epiphany

As the Marauder crew quickly climbed into their main ship. Jalen lifted them off the ground, the burner “kanja klub” ships clustered together rigged to blow. Breaking the atmosphere Jalen nods to R5K6 who lets out an excited chirp sending the signal that began the destruction of the disposable ships. The show would have been rather pleasing from the ground level, they merely saw the small bright flash as they began to climb at increasing speeds. R5 rolls over letting out distressed beeps “sir....About the repository...” Jalen had completely forgot about that...the tension rose as the dark orbs slowly centered on R5 as the Nautolan threw them into hyperdrive. Now in the blue light speed tunnel Jalen gets close to the astromech “you were saying...R5?” the bot is obviously nervous letting out light twitters as if he’s trying to skip around answering.

“you see sir. The repository does not contain 80 Billion as the info chip initially told us....it only contains 400 thousand.” as soon as the bot dispatches the bad news it wheels it’s metal butt out of there so quick it might have left a lug but behind. Jalen puts hands over his face taking a deep inhale as he brings the driver glove clad hands down his face “that Cathar fuck...I’ll kill him.” turning to Sasha Epiphany Epiphany not angry at her but with obvious tension in his voice “I trust you, I’ve seen your skill in action. Whatever you tell me I will believe you. Is there anyway, even a shadow of a doubt, this was our fault?”

R5 sits in a lonely corner of the ship making soft sad chirps and beeps which translated to “how did I miss it....I should have checked the infochip a trillion times not just a billion...I’m sorry Jalen.” with that last apology to his friend and master R5K6 let’s out a sobbing like set of beeps Scavenger Scavenger Lexa happens to be with earshot of this.

Zuu already cleaned off his trophy, placing it into a mini stasis tank constructed by Lexa he smirks at it happy to gloat over the victory. Dasdana lays on his lap, they are in casual clothes, ditching the uniforms in the ships. They had not patched things up, Zuu was not one to talk about the issues in their relationship. He did leave the Kortosis vibroblade in Sasha’s quarters as a sort of apology for brandishing his saber. HK Fifty HK Fifty (there’s your present)

Sasha let out another soft breath as the ships exploded and the Marauders put further distance between themselves and those they'd robbed.

The news from the astromech removes much of that feeling of comfort and the Chiss woman frowns in speculative thought at Jalen's question. Then she shakes her head. "We did nothing to telegraph our approach. My own intrusion measures were only peripherally aimed at the Repository, seemingly positioned to target Jabba's security infrastructure instead. Moving 80 billion credits to a less secure location would take tremendous tolerance of risk, something Hutts are not known for. There's no evidence that the credits were lost in transit. That means the most probable explanation is that there were never 80 billion credits at all."

The red eyes of the Chiss could smolder with fury with the greatest of ease. It's a measure of Sasha's internal discipline that they are only slightly fierce. "R5 could spin out a million billion probabilities on various alternatives. But the most likely, most logical, least credulity-stretching explanation is that the man who hired us for this job set us up. Knowing our reputation, he did not do so lightly. It's tempting to go after our employer and exact revenge. It is the obvious thing to do, isn't it?"

"If you want my opinion, Jalen, I think someone hired our employer to set us up. They wanted us to put our reputation and lives at risk, to sacrifice our resources. They wanted us diminished when we come after their bait, and I believe that Cathar is bait. Once I have Core World access, I can confirm my suspicions. If someone's done their homework on all of us, if they've left the smallest fingerprint, I'll find it and see if I can trace it back to its source."

"We may no longer be Jedi but the Force remains. Always we used it for knowledge and defense. Let us gain knowledge, find who did this, how and why. Only then will a path to resolution be plain. A path that will see justice done and ensure no one underestimates the Marauders again."

Alashar’s face fell as soon as she realized what the ramifications of the repository having merely four hundred thousand credits , a minuscule percentage of the amount they had been told to retrieve. She immediately started pacing , both her hands frantically tugging at her short silver hair and repeating the code under her breath in an extremely nervous , almost frightened voice. Asides from one of their number being killed or captured or Sasha being assaulted or abused it was the worst possible outcome the mission could’ve had , and worse still she hadn’t quite forseen that particular outcome. Her features twisted at the mere idea of going after the Cathar , almost in terror , though certainly in disgust.

The Miraluka’s nervous energy focused entirely on her love , her hands clasped together in front of her chest. She wanted to her what Sasha would say before she even thought of saying anything , trusting that anything and everything the incredibly intelligent Chiss would say would be nothing short of flawlessly accurate and correct , not to mention sharply perceptive. As always she seemed like she was almost fawning over the woman despite the anxious concern overwhelming her , wholly and completely absorbed by every single word said. At the very least none of this was her fault , as she knew she wasn’t particularly skilled in the arts of stealth and subtlety.

Once her beloved was finished speaking Alashar stopped her pacing and finally turned to face the rest , standing beside Sasha as if she were guarding her. “This is , oh dear , this is terrible , this is so terrible. What if , what if it’s a trap? What if they know so much about us that they can exploit our every weakness? If we engage them on their terms we run a very , very high risk of them being prepared for us. We can’t lose each other. We’re all we have! We’re all that’s left! Jalen , please , please , I.. During the Clone Wars , or 5 years ago , or even just last year , I would’ve been craving blood , but.. but I can’t advocate anything that could mean I lose Sasha! Not anymore! I can’t lose her! I can’t! If it should mean that we , oh dear , we have to.. well , look a little foolish and take a hit to our reputation to keep each other alive , then.. well , maybe we should! If it means that we have less credits I can accept that - it’s not as if we aren’t used to living on a very small budget! All that matters is that we’re all alive , not just more casualties!” The strange , almost Twi’lek-like accent she possessed thickly coated her words , unable to repress it as she normally did in her current state. If anything she sounded even more anxious than before. In counterpoint to before she didn’t seem aggressive to any of them in the least , though she still did seem very passionate and protective.

Alashar turned to Sasha and took her into a very tight , loving embrace , starting to whimper on her shoulder. Her voice , though thickly accented and highly anxious , was kept rather quiet , only enough for her beloved to hear. “Sasha , I love you , I love you with everything I have. Please , please don’t hurt yourself on , on petty vengance. If I lose you I lose everything , because you are my everything. I love you! Please , please don’t do anything to endanger yourself. This isn’t worth it! If we have to protect ourselves , I understand , but.. please! I can’t lose you! I Love You!She failed to keep herself from openly sobbing in the tearless , quivering fashion the Chiss would know rather well.

Last edited:
Alashar's breakdown in Sasha's arms left the Chiss without many options. At least, not many she'd be willing to take. Instead of continuing the conversation and her analysis, she looked Jalen in the eye even as her arms folded around the Miraluka Jedi, hugging the other woman against herself tightly.

"It's been a long day," she chose to say to their leader and any other Jedi around for the discussion. "I'm going to put Alashar to bed. We'll be in hyperlight for some time no matter where we go. We can pick this up in the morning once rest, time and distance have given us the space to talk about our next steps."

With a respectful nod to Jalen and the others, Sasha rose to her feet and helped Alashar through the familiar ship until they reached Sasha's quarters.

Once inside, in the privacy of her small but comfortably furnished room, Sasha sat Alashar on the edge of the bed. Then she placed both hands on the other woman's cheeks before leaning in and kissing her softly yet earnestly. She kissed away every tear and every trace of tears from Alashar's face before she knelt on the deck before her.

"My love," Sasha said, her tone gentle and warmed by a smile. "We're both here. We're safe. If you can find no serenity to empty out your fear, find peace in the fact that we're both here, we're both safe and I love you."

The smile faded then. "For ten years, we've had the room to run. To live our lives without meddling, from the Empire or the Order. I sense that time has drawn to an end. What's happened here...I suspect it's part of something larger. Someone laid a trap for the Marauders, knowing we were Jedi. What if others of us are similarly being entrapped? I don't wish to borrow trouble from tomorrow, for we've had quite enough trouble today. But tomorrow, and in the days to come, I plan to find out if my premonitions are genuine or the product of an overactive imagination."

"If I lack certainty on the nature of our adversaries..." Sasha took one of Alashar's hands and placed it against her chest, right against her heart. "I am nothing but certain of my feelings for you, darling. Please." She pat the bed. "Stay the night with me. Hold me. Let me rest in your arms?"

Alashar was grateful that her beloved returned her embrace , burying her head in the Chiss’s chest as a result. She was in truth rather relieved that Sasha chose to lead her away from the others , as she knew in her current state she would be of little use. Additionally she was a secretly a small measure glad that the woman she loved chose to devote time to deal with her issues in an almost certainly comforting manner - though she knew such thoughts were dangerously close to being simple vanity. The still-sobbing Miraluka therefore alllowed herself to be led out without even a hint of protest , knowing that the kind-hearted woman beside her intended to help her in any way she could despite the war-torn former Shadow having a very un-Jedi like breakdown in front of a decent portion of their fellow ex-Jedi - many others would’ve simply reprimanded her , or else ordered her to bury her emotions until a more convenient time.

The Miraluka fiercely reddened as the beautiful , compassionate Chiss gently kissed her cheeks , finally ending her quivering and sobbing - if not entirely quieting the emotional storm within her. Of course , for that Sasha had many wise , insightful words , words that seemed to Alashar as the wisest in all the Galaxy. She was left feeling much more serene , hopeful , and , above all else , loved. Because , of course , Sasha was right in every possible way , and it seemed as if she knew exactly the right words to ensure that she knew everything was going to unfold well for them. Even through the leather Ubese Hunter’s outfit she could feel the warmth and affection the gentle hand at her heart radiated , helping her to feel comforted and loved despite everything they’d endured , and would endure in the near future.

Feeling more openly affectionate than ever , Alashar put both hands on Sasha’s cheeks and gave her a passionate kiss on the lips that lasted for quite a few moments , more physical contact than the reserved Miraluka had ever given. When at last she broke the kiss she was warmly smiling , keeping her pale hands cupping Sasha’s cheeks. Noticeably her thick accent remained , though now due to a conscious desire to allow her true , unaltered voice to show rather than due to fear or stress as it had been before. Indeed , the emotions now radiating from her was a pure , unadulterated love , a fierce protectiveness , and an undying sense of loyalty - all directed directly towards Sasha , and Sasha alone. “Thank you , Sasha. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for always ensuring I know that you’ll aid me when I’m feeling emotional turmoil , with all your boundless wisdom and compassion. Even though you know every unspeakable thing I’ve done , during the Clone Wars , during the 9 years before I reunited with you , you still love me with all your soul. If I ever approach those levels of darkness again , be it fighting all manner of vile enemies , or disagreeing with Jalen again , or whatever other trials we may face , I know you’ll still be able to pull me back to the light - to your Light. You love me more than I could’ve ever forseen , giving me more compassion than I ever knew anyone was capable of even possessing under the Order. My only dream was to love you , the one woman I admired my entire life , and the truth of that dream is even better than I could’ve ever attempted to envision. You’re the most amazing lover I could have ever hoped to have , Sasha. I’ll love you with everything I have , forever. No matter what the future holds for us I’ll always be by your side. My love for you will be my tether , my guiding light , that which I hold to when all the might of the Dark Side bears down upon me. I’ll always return to you , and no matter what the Force may have planned for us I’ll always defend you from any manner of harm. I’ll ensure no vile creatures anywhere in the Galaxy could ever hurt you , Sasha.”

Alashar bit her lip slightly in a reservedly flirtatious manner that , while understandably awkward , was as genuine as any feeling could possibly be. “Which is all a way of saying that I would love to stay the night with you , my beloved. It’s long past due that I hold you in my arms while we rest , especially since you’ve helped me grow past the passionless conditioning of my youth with such open compassion and affection. I could never thank you enough for all you’ve done for me , Sasha. Besides , you know i love embracing you.” She looked down at her dirty , rather rough-textured Ubese costume and blushed. “Though my disguise is likely even less comfortable to rest against than it is to actually wear. I suppose if I’ve shared my very soul with you sharing my physical form isn’t of much concern. I’d rather be out of this.. vile disguise and allow you to see me in my underclothes than attempt to warmly embrace you in something so roughly textured.” Once again , she bit her lip and invintingly smiled , before seeming to realize something. If you would be open to that , that is.” She made sure to hastily add , aware her beloved may not be willing to see her unclothed at this point in their relationship. Of course , her quarters were clear on the opposite side of the ship , which meant retrieving more appropriate clothing wasn’t an option for her at the moment.

Last edited:
"Oh Alashar."

Sasha's radiant look lightened into amusement as she glanced down at the Ubese Hunter garments worn by the Miraluka. "I wouldn't object in the slightest if you removed that, and perhaps never wore it again. It was a good disguise but it doesn't flatter you at all."

Being kissed in return led to a faint blush on the dark-skinned Chiss woman's cheeks as well and she tilted her head to the side, smiling and shifting in place slightly. At the end of Alashar's proclamation, Sasha bowed her head and took a breath to center herself before looking up to gaze upon the face of her love.

"I'll do my best for you, darling. I just ask that you be patient with me. I have a great deal of experience at pretending to be in a relationship; infiltration training and field practice to say nothing of missions have made me rather good at it. Actually being in a relationship is new, though. Even without the strictures of our Order, I'm not used to letting myself feel for you the way I do. So if I'm...a little more awkward than usual, if I don't always say or do the right thing, I hope you'll understand and forgive me."

"Now, why don't you take that off and I get out of this dress and we spend a little time getting used to each other?"

Alashar giggled at Sasha’s opinion of her disguise , well aware of how decidedly formless she looked. Indeed , it was designed to make her appear as such , though the method in which it accomplished that feat was rather uncomfortable. It felt as if she was wearing a high-grain sandpaper in certain places , several of which she’d rather not disclose. Her beloved’s unmistakably genuine compliment to her disguise and her radiant beauty made her giddy , flushing rather deeply , for her exceptionally pale skin was very poor at disguising the warmth in her cheeks even at their lightest. For her disguise to be considered good by such a master of the art as the beautiful Chiss before her was very high praise indeed , and in truth the Miraluka adored being praised by the woman whom she loved so dearly. While she desired to be rid of her disguise she chose to address Sasha’s emotional matters before she would do anything else.

Sasha’s heartfelt declaration caused Alashar to move her left hand to stroke the Chiss’ beautful , raven-colored hair , much more gently than she ever stroked her own. Once she was finished speaking the blind woman very sweetly smiled , in a very understanding fashion. “Of course I’ll be patient with you , Sasha. There’s nothing for which I couldn’t forgive you. I love you! I doubt you would ever say the ‘wrong’ thing to me , but if ever you do I’ll understand. I can assure you that you’ve never , never said anything but the wisest , most perceptive , deeply compassionate things anyone could ever say to me. You always know how to help me overcome my issues , Sasha!”

She shifted slightly , feeling a little awkward herself. There was one more thing she needed to say before she could show Sasha her body , as she felt she needed to say it immediately. “The only thing I feel I must ask is that you please never punish me for my occasional emotional outbursts. Keeping my emotions buried for so long makes it where I can’t allow myself to feel them freely and keep them controlled at the same time. I know it must be embarrassing for me to break down in an embrace with you before many of our fellow ex-Jedi. I’ll understand if ever you aren’t able to aid me immediately , but please don’t abuse me over it.” She pulled the beautiful Chiss into a tight hug. “But I’m sure I’ll never have to worry about that , Sasha , just as you’ll never have to worry about me not being patient and understanding. I’ll love you forever , Sasha , with everything I have , with all my understanding.”

With that said Alashar leaned in to give Sasha another passionate kiss and rolled backwards off the bed , managing to land on her feet. “If you’ll excuse me , I need to get out of this vile disguise before I do anything else , my beloved. I feel as if I’m wearing a sandbag with leather boots.”

Last edited:
"You know." Ashlyn rose from where she was sitting, looking at Jalen. "I'm not for 'what ifs.' We can say that he did fool us, easily. He set us up, possibly. But don't him let him in that we know. If he thinks he has the upper hand, he lets his guard down, and then..." As she was talking she began walking toward Jalen, circling him. She was not a fighter, and she didn't plan on fighting. "We strike, when he least expects it." She sends a palm out, stopping an inch from his neck. "Seems simple, don't you think? He would be none the wiser." She suggested, walking back around to face him. "Thoughts?" She asked, leaning back against the wall.

Lexa was quickly running about the burner ships, pulling out the few components like the computers and extra hyperdrives to help cover their tracks and for parts, at the same timeshe was checking that all the explosives were correctly positioned and pulling on the force around her and the others to cover up the force signature clinging to the engines. Almost as soon as she made it back on board of the marauders main ship the hatch began closing and she could feel the rumbling as they pulled free of the ground. She dropped off her salvaged components in the engine room before moving forward towards the main area just in time to hear R5's announcement.

Lexa was shocked by the announcement she didnt thing that anyone would try to deceive a mercenary band who were known to be made up of Jedi. As R5 retreated into the corner Lexa could hear it beating itself up over failing to check before hand, although Lexa wasn't the biggest fan of droids and thought they got in her way more than helped she still didn't mind either of the two thast hung out with the marauders so as she stepped forward into the main area from the door she gave it a small reassuring pat on the dome.

She watched as Alashar broke down in Sasha's arms and although she thought that it was quite sweat how Alashar had finally found someone to care mainly she just felt sorry that the order had managed to do this to her, while Lexa was never a shadow she often helped build and maintain their more specialised equipment so she could guess at the types of missions they were sent on. This all being said she was grateful when Sasha left with broken Miraluka in tow, it would do them both good to talk this over and not have whatever this was aired to the entire group.

She moved forward into the cockpit as Ashlyn spoke and settled into the co-pilot seat before spinning around to look at Ashlyn "Sasha seems to think that this is a trap though surely it would be a hard fight even if we know about it in advance. Also how do we even know that this was intentional for all we know it could have been bad information that he was given, he might be just as much of a dupe as us" Lexa moved her head to look at Jalen "Where are we headed captain"

Scavenger Scavenger Epiphany Epiphany HK Fifty HK Fifty LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Jalen rubs his face, looking over the two still in attendance as the entire crew brought forth what they thought about their situation. The years of battle tactics and war torn battlegrounds screamed trap at the weary ex-Jedi general. His mind wanders over to what he had heard about Zuus situation, the dark side was strong in him with very little control. That was a problem for another time, until then, how did the seek to solve this issue of misinformation and possible betrayal. Jalen punches in some coordinates into the ship, where they would be traveling to next.

He finally answers the two who are with him “there are a lot of different ways this can go down, yes we can seek them out and take our revenge. All that would do is blind us to any truth of the situation hidden within. LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Ash you know me as well as most, I’ve always been someone to hit first ask questions later...but if this was a set up. That means someone has it out for us. Scavenger Scavenger We are gunna make a stop on the outskirts of Jakku, We got to get all these credits moved off the repository and into a smaller less conspicuous containment unit.” Jalens head tentacles squirmed slightly with the obvious agitation of his voice. Sighing deeply he continues over the open comm to all the crew “it’ll be put up to a vote then, say ‘aye’ if you wish to meet with this Cathar fuck civilly and explain what happened to see if it wasn’t a mistake on their part. Say ‘Nay’ if you want to hold back and plan a recourse for him instead.” Inthe Comm Zuu responds with a Nay, while Dasdana responds with a Aye, R5 finally rolls himself back into the room looking intently of those still in the room.

Alashar had just started to lovingly embrace her beloved and continue their heartfelt discussion when the comlink - which she had placed on the small dresser along with her lightsaber - started to buzz , causing her to shift her rather gentle grip on the Chiss woman. She considered letting it continue to buzz and deal with it at a later time , but eventually she chose to acknowledge it’s plaintive noises with an exasperated sigh , using the force to levitate it to herself. As ever , the former Shadow felt obligated to answer any summons from her superiors or comrades , even if she’d much rather ignore it. As she did so she at last noticed the cortosis-woven Vibrosword laying in the corner of the room , although for the moment she didn’t mention it just yet - she’d ask Sasha if she could be allowed to have it later , if it wasn’t actually something her beloved had already owned , and not a recent addition from the infiltration of the Hutt’s operations.

Once the Miraluka opened the small device she heard Jalen’s voice asking them all to vote on whether they would negotiate with the Cathar who’d given them the task they’d do recently completed , or plan what she believed to be some form of retribution. Her instincts told her that the former would almost certainly be a trap of some sort , but she’d much rather defer to Sasha as she knew the highly intelligent woman would have a better idea of such matters than she. Aware that the Chiss would’ve heard her comlink , Alashar simply chose to stroke her hair and start softly speaking to her. “I don’t mean to bother you , my beloved , nor do I wish to break our embrace.. but if they’re already discussing our next steps , it may be prudent for you to be there , Sasha. Your exceptionally perceptive insights are always the most valuable parts of any planning they have , and I’d dislike to have you here with me instead of being able to share all your insights on , and be fully aware of , whatever plans Jalen may make.” The pale Miraluka’s scarred features reddened severely. “And if you’re there it may help us avoid some rather.. vile? Oh dear , not Vile , but.. well , the accusation we engaged in.. rather.. un-Jedi like activies together. Which we didn’t. Right , Sasha? Holding you like this isn’t.. quite there , is it?”

Sasha would be well aware what the exceptionally awkward Alashar was referring to , even with the somewhat vague terms she used. She wasn’t quite comfortable with becoming more physically intimate , and she likely wouldnt be for some time , regardless of the fact that she’d born every aspect of her soul to the Chiss woman several times over during the past few days. Secretly she was very thankful her beloved didn’t desire such intimacy from her just yet , though she’d willingly accede to those wishes should the beautiful woman voice them. She gently ran her hand through Sasha’s soft , raven-colored hair and bit her lip.

Last edited:
Wrapped up with the lovely Miraluka, Sasha listened to Jalen's comlink communication before looking towards Alashar. She couldn't of course make eye contact, exactly, but knew her childhood friend and hopefully soon to be paramour would 'see' her of course.

The Chiss' lips curved upwards into another smile and her wine-colored eyes twinkled as she drew close and rubbed noses with Alashar. "You're adorable. Business before pleasure, though, you're quite right." Sasha tapped the comlink to answer Jalen's question. "Alashar can speak for herself. For my part, Jalen, I don't want to commit to either direction before I've had a chance to check him out. Once we're in reach of a Core World, I can query Empire records, as well as the old hosted Republic archives. I'd like to know every name he's ever gone by, where he's worked, who he's worked with...and for. And I want to know who's watching him."

"This could be paranoia but I have a feeling. A feeling that the Cathar is one finger of a collection of hands, all working towards a purpose. It's possible that someone, perhaps the Empire or another party, has decided to take steps to neutralize every last Jedi in the universe, in which case we may be the only hope our family has of catching it before it goes further. After all, most of us went our own way instead of forming a group like the Marauders."

"It's also possible that this is isolated to just us. Perhaps its personal. Perhaps...it's even genuinely a case of mistaken intel." Even over a comlink, Sasha's voice communicated profound doubt. Certainly, that doubt was as evident as her hair to Alashar. "And perhaps we won't know for sure until we face him. But if there's anything to find out, any reconnaissance I can give this team so we can put together the best plan possible, I will find it. I ask only a little time to do so."

"And then we deal with him. If he's a pawn, we use him to leapfrog up the chain. If he's a victim, we explain what really happened. And if he's really stupid enough to hire us to frame us on his own, then I plant enough evidence to put the Hutts on to him and let them deal with him while we get ourselves and our reputation clear."

Having said what she had to say, Sasha toggled off the comlink before caressing Alashar's face, cupping the other woman's cheek gently with her palm. "There's no one to accuse us, darling. We're not Jedi any more because there are no Jedi any more. There's no such thing as un-Jedi-like activities either. There's only the Force and each other. Resist the Dark and we can embrace the Light together. And right now, I want to embrace you and be held by you."

She snuggled against the other woman, content with the time they had until the ship arrived. Because once it did, it would be time to go to work.

Alashar lovingly smiled , feeling her beloved’s joy and taking in her beautifully Light-sided Force presence. While it was true that she couldn’t ‘see’ her in the visual sense , she could easily perceive the vibrant blue shape that she held in the Force , starkly standing out among the mottled greys of their surroundings. This vibrancy made her more beautiful than any physical characteristic ever could , a reflection of the pure , true spirit she had always known her friend to have , untarnished despite the horrors the Clone Wars had subjected them to. She just scarcely resisted the urge to kiss her when their noses touched , though the sheer joy she felt at that - and the accompanying compliment - was readily apparent through the Force , along with the radiant smile gracing her features.

The Miraluka listened to Sasha’s ever-astute , ever-perceptive observations with an almost proud wonder. She wouldn’t have thought of a third option at all , especially not the almost perfect one the highly intelligent woman beside her had thought of. She continued gently stroking her beloved’s hair as she spoke , very apparently overjoyed that she remained beside her and yet still managed to voice all the observation she had. While she appreciated Sasha plainly stating that she could voice her own opinion , Sasha’s various observations were very clearly the perfect choice from her own perspective in every possible way - including the trace out doubt clear in her voice each time she suggested it could’ve been a simple mistake. In fact , she held her slightly tighter each time the doubt appeared in her voice.

Alashar couldn’t resist passionately kissing her beloved after the unimaginably sweet declaration. “You’re right , my beloved. Thank you so much for healing me , and ensuring I’m not the fractured woman that came to you a year ago. Despite all the horrible things I did , you still comforted me and healed me. You’re so perfect , Sasha. You’re more kind and supportive to me than ever , despite everything that’s happened to us. You always know the perfect ways regardless of the situation we find ourselves in. If it wasn’t for you I’d be more lost than ever , but you’ve helped me to find myself where I once thought it would be impossible. No-one but you would ever love me as purely and affectionately as you have , Sasha. I can’t ever praise you enough for all you’ve done for me , my beloved. I love you. I love you with everything I have. No matter what befalls us I know we’ll still be together , together and safe. You mean everything to me , Sasha.” Instead of responding to the vote she simply clicked the comlink a few times in an old Jedi code indicating her agreement and moved it back to the dresser it sat on , cuddling Sasha even more tightly. She knew they’d be back to work when the ship landed , but until them Alashar allowed herself to be fully enveloped in the love she and Sasha shared. They could confront the rest of the Galaxy , and all the evils it contained , only after they shared this tender , perfect moment together.

Lexa grimaced as she heard their destination and turned partially back to the console, "Why are we headed to Jakku, you should know she hates it there and we could change the containment unit on any number of worlds" she rubs the console comfortingly as she speaks. "In regards to the plan I feel Sasha's has merit, finding out more before we try anything is likely to be the safest option. and even if we do meet with him we could leave some people on the ship or in strategic locations just in case anything happens". As she speaks one of Lexa's hands is moving across the console running system diagnostics and slightly optimising the hyperspace course to reduce some of the more pointless jumps. She wasn't particularly worried the team got free of the last mission with only a scratch and despite a few troubles on the ground side of the op the plan ran beautifully, any trap laid would have been much better to spring then so whatever was coming up would either have to be obvious or be no match for them.

"Jakku is unassuming, however. Nobody will ask questions." She responded to Lexa, glancing her way. "And if we do wait, once we get a positive ID I will start following him, check his routine." She said, watching Lexa work. She leaned against the wall behind her seat, watching. "You know, I never really learned how to do any of that." She stated. It was a rather obvious fact, she never really flew.

Scavenger Scavenger Epiphany Epiphany HK Fifty HK Fifty LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

The weight of the decisions to come pressed heavy on their captain, He pulled the ship out of hyperspace, making a beeline towards the outskirts of jakku. Their ship Bastille was a rather unassuming vessle, Jalen doubted it would turn many eyes but to be on the safe side better to keep it away from everyone. Standing he says on the comms "I'm going ashore, I've got to clear my head before we figure out what were going to do about this guy. Anyone is welcome to join." The hatch of the ship opened as he stepped off, R5K6 followed chirping with excitement, he hardly ever got off the ship. Their captain pats the metal dome head of his companion, it was not his fault for what happened, he was sure of it.

Jalen finds himself in a cantina sitting at a lone table having a drink, a beautiful twi'lek escort walks to him offering her services, he politely waves her off. As he was beginning to lose his temper another rough shove causes the drink he was nursing to spill slightly. Jalen turned to utter a form of recourse only to see a extremely furry mid-section, looking up he sees a familiar happily roaring face. Abundant joy engulfs him as he sees his old friend "Chewbaca! it has been so long"standing and hugging the friendly wookie, Jalen was almost comically dwarfed by the mountain of fur. They both sit as Jalen recounts to them the tale of what had transpired with their last job.

Ashlyn wasn't sure what to do with herself in the time that followed. She had spent the first ten minutes fiddling with her handgun, the next ten pacing the ship, after that she had finally given up, and walked off the ship. The heat wasn't horrible, it was bearable, especially in her light clothing. She pulled up her hood and covered her face, making sure her sleeves were tucked down and gloves pulled up. Everyone had their scars. Her's she preferred not to show. At least not in public. Home was another story. After twenty minutes of idle meandering she found herself in the same Cantina as Jalen, she didn't have to look to know. She made her way almost instantly to him, finding him next to a wookie. "Jalen, I see you made a friend." She nods, then proceeds to growl out a hello to the Wookie in his language, a surprising feat.

(With a 5 in linguistics I'm sure this is fine)

Lexa scowled as the veil of lights faded back into a view of the ugly dust bowl that was Jakku, her hands moved across the panels in front of her ensuring that the Bastille had the correct permissions and ID codes as they approached, leaving all the actual piloting in Jalen's more experienced hands. As the Bastille settled neatly on the grounds just outside the settlement Lexa quickly got up from the chair moving to the larger consoles in the back of the cockpit, a few switches later and most of the vents and thermal vents were shut with only cruicial ones left open, She then moved backwards towards the engine room, her work with the burner ship had given her some great ideas for upgrades to the central computer and hyper-drive.

She heard someone moving to the front ramp at the same time the com crackled to life, in the background she could hear that bucket heading off with the captain, which was good, it always seemed to get antsy when she started to try out experimental systems. Suddenly remembering something she grabbed the com from where it was sat amid her tools on the bench, "I'm going to have to say no to that cap, planets are still unnerving but if you find any hints on kyber sources let me know and I might be pursuaded". Now that she had Jalen looking out for some of the materials she needed she floated one of the scavenged hyperdrive units from the burner and set to work on it.

The wookie Chewbaca was astonished at the linguistic skill of the woman continuing on a conversation for a short duration before the group got to talking about the situation. Chewbaca solemnly says "You have me at your back for whatever you need Jalen, you know where to find me. Ashlyn good to meet you, the force be with you both." Jalen nods smiling as he replies "Good to see you old friend, may the force be with you." R5K6 chirps out a farewell as Jalen waves for Ashlyn to follow him out of the cantina.

Jalen runs his hands through the long tendrils atop his head letting out a distressed sigh. Patting R5 on the head as they almost reach the ship he says to Ashlyn "Let's go home, we'll figure this out better when we have our own space around us." climbing aboard the ship the hatch closes behind the three. Their captain sends R5K6 to Lexa, as the little droid rolls up to the woman he chirps out "I couldn't find the parts for you Lexa, Jakku is a horrible place. Everyone was giving me eyes like they wanted to scrap me for parts."

(I know everything!)

Ashlyn nods, bidding Chewie farewell with a nod and a half wave before following Jalen out. "I guess you're right, something about deserts got me tense. Wonder why..." She fake wondered, doing quite well in her act. She then turned to Jalen and smiled. "Let's worry about getting home first..." And with that, she entered and parted from Jalen, heading to her quarters and sitting against her bed. She closes her eyes, facing away from the door, and using the Force to manipulate he Holo-deck to play some quiet background noise to help lose herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back