• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Marauders - A Star Wars Tale

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Jadus

The Beast
We are all aware of how Order 66 decimated the Jedi, paving the way for the Galactic empire to begin its epic reign of tyranny.

But not in this Universe....

In this other world of different choices and situations Darth Sidious did not only want to Destroy the Jedi, but he wanted to Disgrace them. Leave their memory in shambles to make sure that the Jedi would live to see the world grow to despise them and chastise them.

Darth Sidious came forward with the full force of the clone army at his back, The Young and Strong Darth Vader at his side. Demanding the surrender of The Jedi in their entirety, the schools would be dismantled. No new Jedis would ever arise, any sort of teaching would be destroyed immediately. To avoid the death of the entire remaining jedi population, The Jedi council surrendered. To add salt to the wound, The Jedi council were given land and symbolic positions on his political council. The Jedi became what they hated the most, politicians.

Jedi Knights were left without purpose, going back to homes and families they did not know. Some were not welcome back or returned to empty ravaged homes. The eventually that the Jedi had to accept was that they needed to move on in this world that now discriminated them. Anakin Skywalker, now Lord Vader, began to care for and teach his twin children Luke and leia in his own image...with the passing of Padme. With all the clone armies power, Lord Vader still remained Darth Sidious most powerful weapon.

Our story is not about any of them. Our tale begins ten years later, Most Jedi have found different ways to cope. Jalen Mor the former Nautolan Jedi Knight turned to a life of Mercenary work along with his group of ex-jedi The Marauders. It seems like their journey will be one for the History books.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. Jalen Mor and his Marauders visit the local bar of Kotooli in the underbelly of Coursant. This seedy establishment is where the crew often finds the jobs they need to survive, we come to the still young Nautolan having a drink at a table, flipping a credit ingot which is now the majorly used currency since the rise of the empire. Jalens red smooth skin is often exposed in a sleeveless rust colored vest, showing the cooled muscles of his arm as well as the various scars of battles long past. Charcoal grey boots tap out a rhythm he remembers still from the academy, the steps of his old lightsaber styles...he never forgot them. Hanging from slightly worn grey cargo pants are Jalens weapons of choice, the two lightsabers always kept in prestige condition hardly ever left his side.

Zuu Banon the zabrak, sat along the way having a drink himself, his six horns sharpened to cruel points. If the horns weren’t intimidating enough, standing a daunting six feet four inches tall with Maroon face marks made him look as if he was bred a warrior. The ever beautiful Dasdana is leaned up against Zuu, her almond hair hanging loose over the small agile frame of her body. Yellow eyes peer ever watchful in the crowd, waiting for their shadow contact to arrive finally. Dasdanas shapely body and pale skin make her to be one of the more attractive of the group, yet that was only second nature to her skill in the force.

Scavenger Scavenger HK Fifty HK Fifty LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Epiphany Epiphany

Alashar occupied a seat at a small table set against the right wall of the unsavory locale , a nearly drained glass of water sitting in front of her. She was , as ever , rather uneasy with the amount of time it took for their shadow contact to arrive , a matter only worsened by her surroundings. While the Miraluka woman may have been an experienced Jedi , she was the newest member of the team by several months at the least , still growing accustomed to the workings of Coruscant’s underworld - and to the fact that the entirety of said underworld was no longer her enemy. Each time one of the other patrons of the small cantina caught her gaze she gave them an unvaryingly malevolent , yet sightless glare until they directed their attention elsewhere. An extreme few sentient beings wished to arouse the ire of a former Jedi , even in the underworld.

Despite the best efforts of her only friend , Sasha , the ways of the Jedi still hung about Alashar like a cloak , evidences in every facet of her behavior despite the decade that had passed since the Jedi’s dissolution. The polished silver handle of her Lightsaber being displayed prominently upon her hip , the only somewhat calming breathing excercises she performed following the footwork of Form III Lightsaber combat , her staunch refusal to partake in alcohol , the hostility she showed towards the other patrons and staff of the bar , and the quiet repetitions of the very first stanza of the Jedi Code all served as evidence to her continuing devotion to the Jedi. Even the beige colored civilian clothes she wore seemed to discomfort her , despite covering her stocky frame as adequately as her Jedi robes ever had - the collar of her shirt traveled all the way up her throat - as well as being loose enough not to overly accentuate her figure. Whatever mysterious actitivities she had been engaged in during the nine years following the Jedi’s dissolution before she had sought out her friend and joined Jalen’s crew , it seemed adapting to life without the Jedi Order wasn’t among them.

Nevertheless , the former Jedi Knight kept an alert watch on the few entrances to the Kotooli , both for their contact and for any who may take issue with a band of mercenary Jedi. The abrupt turns of her head occasionally caused loose strands of her short-cut silver hair to fall into her face , and while she didn’t see them - her Force Sight ignited them entirely , in fact - she could certainly feel them , necessitating her to take her off-hand to brush them out of the way. The path her hand took to return her hair behind her ear only accentuated the long , pink scar across the right side of her face that trailed from the corner of her right eye socket - actually puncturing the thin membrane normally covering the Miraluka’s vestigial eye sockets , though the tattered blindfold she wore covered that portion of the scar - and continued over her cheek down to her jawbone. Another diagonally split the left corner of her lip and continued midway through her chin , though it was much shallower. Still without sign of anyone who could’ve been Jalen’s contact , she drank the last of her water and continued her efforts to remain calm.

Ashlyn sat next to Jalen, watching the coin flip in the air. "You flaunt to much." She mumbled with a grin. Though coming from her it was a bit ironic: Her white pulled back in a simple ponytail, her arms working on repairing one of her blasters. She wore a black long sleeve, one sleeve torn entirely off, with black cargo pants to match. Slender fingers were hidden under marksman gloves, a grey scarf complimented her outfit, currently set around her neck. She stood out as much as the rest of them, but only because she chose so.

"Alashar, at least sit down? You worry me..." She said to her after minutes of silence. She began assembling her blaster pistol, finally finding the problem. "Also, when will his guy show up? He's late." She sipped her drink gingerly, trying to stay combat able, But at the least enjoy herself.

Scavenger Scavenger HK Fifty HK Fifty LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Epiphany Epiphany

Jalen smirks at Ashlyn as the nerd takes his coin replying softly "They'd never expect me to be ominously flipping a coin in the middle of a crowded bar. Besides Ash, you know they wouldn't see me if I didn't want them too. LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 " Surprisingly enough Jalen was born to maneuver in water, though on land he was just as nimble. He peers to the side spotting Alashar, saying into their comms "There is no emotion, there is peace. HK Fifty HK Fifty " giving her a reassuring smile. The light is as dingy as this place is dirty. Speaking into the comms once more "Sasha where are you hiding? You slippery little minx. Epiphany Epiphany "

As the words leave his mouth, A dark figure almost glides into the establishment. Silent footsteps guiding the medium sized figure over to Jalens' table, all hint of mirth leaves his face, this was business...and Jalen was a no bullshit customer. As the figure sits down, the hood slightly uncovers the feline features of a male Cathar face. Yellow eyes stare into Jalens' black ovals in which time he asks "Not the kind of place you would think to find someone as esteemed as a former jedi knight." Jalen swore to god this douche almost meowed.

Captain Jalen merely sits up at this obvious mark on their now lowly profession as he quips back "Didn't you hear? The Jedi are all just normal civilians now. Eating, drinking, pissing, shitting civilians...and this civilian is wondering if you have a job for me or if you're just wasting my damn time"

Alashar sharply turned towards Ashlyn as the younger Jedi addressed her. In many ways she saw the human as one of the more well adjusted members of the team , despite her conspicuous dress. Even her skills resembled the skills of some sort of soldier than a Jedi Knight , though she knew there were many Jedi who had such specializations throughout the Jedi’s history. “Oh. I wasn’t aware I had left my seat. I’m sorry for that , Ashlyn.” She uneasily smiled and fell down into the chair her empty water glass sat in front of , leaning closer to the table than to the back of the chair , her arms crossed. Despite that she kept scanning the room at a more methodical pace than before , though she still seemed restless and uncomfortable. Jalen repeating the same line of the code as she didn’t help matters much , but she did return a slightly less forced smile.

Hearing Sasha’s name caused Alashar to wince , especially given the unsavory descriptors attached to it. Normally the two would’ve been sitting together and conversing about all sorts of things , which served to put the former Jedi at ease , but the fact that she seemed to be avoiding her troubled the Miraluka far more than the disreputable surroundings did. ‘I know I ruined our outing last night and rather awfully at that , but.. I was hoping she’d at least let me attempt to apologize. I must’ve upset her greatly for her to be avoiding me like this.’ If she wanted to she could’ve attempted to locate Sasha in the small crowd , but if her friend was choosing to avoid her it would be best to allow her to do so freely. Or at least that was what her instincts told her , dull as they were on emotional matters.

Thankfully Alashar wasn’t given much time to fret over the status of her friendship , as Jalen’s contact arrived soon thereafter. Undrtounately , it seemed he was the sort to make veiled insults instead of addressing the important matters. Were it Alashar’s operation she’d have the Carhar male at the mercy of her Lightsaber , but she instead chose to grit her teeth and allow those more given to interactions deal with him - not that Jalen seemed the diplomatic type either. In years past she would’ve lectured him - or sought to lecture him at a later time - for the numerous curses in his response , but her time with the group had helped her grow used to his penchant for less-than-proper language enough by now to simply ignore it. ‘And it’s not as if he’s sullying whtever prestige the Jedi Order has left with those particular words. Sasha did inform me that he could utilize far , far worse.’ Asides , as he was in charge it wasn’t her place to correct him , even if she would’ve been inclined to.

"Drinks for the table."

Dressed in a rather lovely black dress, the dark-skinned Chiss set out a round for the assembled Jedi, and included a beer for their just arrived contact. Despite her strikingly distinctive looks, Sasha had a knack for blending into a crowd, especially when she played 'the help'. "And you should know, boss," she said, glancing across the table at Jalen. "I'm always hiding in plain sight. Our friend here came with some company but they're polite enough to wait outside. Comm chatter's as expected too. I think he's going to be straight with us."

She slid around several chairs to seat herself at Alashar's side. One arm snaked out to wrap around the other woman's waist. Her right of course, as she habitually sat on the Miraluka's left to leave her with a free arm to draw in case of trouble. The Chiss Jedi Shadow didn't have any obvious weapons about but the Marauders knew she typically kept her yellow-bladed dual-lightsaber tucked beneath whatever she wore along the small of her back. At the moment, she looked decidedly like a decorative ornament on the arm of the other Jedi, an image often cultivated to lure others outside their group into underestimating her. Though given it was no secret Alashar and Sasha had known each other way back in their Padawan days, the familiarity with which she leaned against the other woman was likely unfeigned.

"I hope you didn't worry," Sasha murmured to Alashar, the words meant for the other Jedi but her eyes warily watching their contact.

Lexa had decided that her skills were not needed at the meeting and so had volunteered to stay with the ship, just in case they needed to get off the ground quickly. She had never really liked planets, even her time at the Jedi temple hadn't shaken her dislike of being on solid ground. She was currently in the starboard engine bay, the room was never normally tidy but now it was chaos with parts and tools strewn all over the floor. The shield generator that stood off to one side had Lexa's leather coat hap-hazardly thrown over it. The few coverings that were left on the engine had been removed, and all that could bee seen was Lexa's legs sticking out as she was on her back tinkering deep inside the engine. Occasionally tools would float in and out of the hole as she changed tools.

Lexa had decided to use this time where most of the crew were on shore and in a meeting that shouldn't have much risk to power down the systems and try and figure out what was wrong with her friends engine. Her use of the force in helping with her repair skills often means that she develops a close friendship with ships she works on regularly as she gets use to the hum of their systems. Currently she was deep in this engine chasing a faulty power coupling that she felt might be the reason for the engine occasionally stuttering, especially in some of the higher G manoeuvres that Jalen had insisted on pulling despite her objections. She could here the chirping of her com somewhere in the room but it didn't sound panicked so she felt comfortable in ignoring it and losing herself in the machinery in front of her.

Scavenger Scavenger

droid.jpg

R5K6 scuttles his way into the engine bay where Lexas feet now stuck under the engine drive. He gently taps her boot while a series of high pitched beeps communicate the essential message "How much longer are you going to upgrade an already perfect design? You are going to work yourself to death." R5 backs up wheeling over to a side panel which he quickly connects to reading all the basics of the ship, Lexa is infact a wonder. They acquired this ship in less than good shape, in the space of a few years she made it a high performance machine.

Turning to Lexa once more "Oh and since you have your comms off...like always. Jalens contact just arrived. The meeting shouldn't take long, and he is expecting you at the HQ when they arrive...so...there is that." With a final beep sign off R5 unplugs making his way to the control room making sure the wires are all securely covered.

Alashar seemed relieved to finally see Sasha , straigtening in her chair and trying to seem less nervous. The Chiss woman looked absolutely radiant , both with her vibrant blue Force presence and her beautiful physical appearance. Her pale skin flushed just slightly , both remembering the previous night and taking in Sasha’s beauty in a decidedly un-Jedi like fashion. Her best friend’s ability to blend into a crowd and avoid detection no matter what situation they found themselves in continually amazed the more heavy-handed Alashar , only one of a great many traits she admired about her. The information her friend gave was also of great interest to the former Jedi , and she was very grateful to hear that there were , indeed , armed companions of the Cathar. She’d stay watchful of the entrances in case it was some kind of trap , although she was inclined to agree with Sasha’s estimation that they were nothing more than guards. After all , Sasha had far more experience in reading people than she ever would as well as possessing of much more cunning Andy intellect.

Alashar allowed herself a smile when Sasha sat next to her and wrapped an arm around her waist , leaning against her left side. It left both of them free to draw their weapons if need be - the Miraluka knew that her friend’s dual-bladed Lightsaber was hidden on her person , though that was another ability she found herself amazed by. While it may have been intended to make the Chiss appear more of an ornament than a skilled opponent to any enemies they may encounter , Alashar tended to think of herself more as a sword sheathed at Sasha’s side. After a moment’s hesitiation she tentatively wrapped her rather muscular arm around her friend’s shoulders and leaned back into the chair. She winced just a little at the question , hoping - futilely , she knew - that Sasha wouldn’t ask if she had been concerned.

The Miraluka sighed , knowing there was little use in attempting to brush off the question. “I was worried you would be upset with me after what I did to you last night. You not being here when I arrived only made me assume you were trying to avoid me.” She glanced down towards the ground , reddening slightly. “I shouldn’t have left you at the restaurant because of my trepidation , especially given how much effort you expended into planning our night out. I understand if you are , indeed , upset with me.”

Jalen smirks saying "Well, seems like you've heard our reputation for assholes who waste our time." The cathar slightly growls as he responds "Well...I will try to make my proposal to your liking. Are you familiar with Jabba the Hutt?" Jalen leans back with his arms crossed "Ofcourse, they run most the shadow business in the universe. Why?" The client smirks "He runs a number of pod races on Tatooine, the last one for the year is coming soon...they have amassed a rather sizable amount of credits. Fifty billion to be exact, and I would like you to relieve him of it."

Jalen can't help but smirk looking at his partners, this job was already getting interesting "Now you are speaking my language furball" Client is not amused by the nickname but he continues "This job pays 10,000 credits." Jalen laughs hitting the table for added affect, knocking over all the drinks Sasha just purchased for the table "My man. I don't get out of bed for less than 100,000 credits...take it or leave it." With a more obvious growl the cathar nods an affirmative, giving Jalen a info chip with certain info for the job. The client stands making his way out of the bar, taking his entourage with him.

Jalen takes the chip handing it to Sasha "Here you go sweetness, you know the deal. Infiltrate, lie, and scheme. The usual, hit me with a comm of your alias so when we arrive we know what to look for. Everyone else, HQ now." Standing up the Nautolan makes his way towards the Warehouse HQ, Zuu and Dasdana begins to follow close behind their leader.

Lexa heard the familiar trundle of droid wheels on the grating but she was two preoccupied as she had finally located the power coupling which had blackening around it and so was almost certainly one of the causes of the faults. Bringing her tools in front of her face she started disconnecting it even as she heard R5K6 pipe up in the beeps which make the astromech language. "It's not perfect, if it was perfect I wouldn't be in here trying to change out this damn power coupling" her voice echoing slightly from her position, even as she spoke the old coupling came loose and floating out of the hole passing it's replacement in the process. Securing the new one took barely any time and so as R5 finished it's sentence she pushed herself out of the engine.

Her hair was pulled up into a braid that she had wrapped around her neck, she was wearing a grey tank top which was now smudged with oil stains from working inside the engine. Looking over at the astromech who was plugged into an access point she sent the old power coupling flying so that it lightly bounced off it's dome "Gut your grubby mechanical mitts off my nice computer system, anyway my com isn't lost it's just temporarily gone for a walk", as she speaks she makes a sweeping gesture around the room a large smile on her face. As R5 trundled out she pushed it over the threashold slightly with the force before using it to shut the door behind it. As she looked back at the engine she thought about going straight to the HQ to meet Jalen, and then decided that she would re-assemble the engine first, so she picked up a tool and floated the fuel pump into it's home where she had just been lying.

Jadus Jadus

Ashlyn listened intently, not looking up from her work. She put it together after a minute or two, holstering it as she finally faced the Cathar. She listened to the deal they drew up, then got up to follow Jalen out. "Hold on..." She said in a whisper. "We are stealing 50 billion credits, and we only see 100,000?" She questions, hands going to her pockets. "I don't think that's enough, unless we get some of that pot..." She added, but not in a way that suggested she cared all that much. She pushed her scarf up to cover part of her face, scanning around with silver eyes.

Jalen smirks once again with a Simple reply to Ashlyn “They always fail to ask whether or not we charge expenses...” with a wink of his black oval eyeball “yes we do, and I started charging him the minute he sat down.” Jalens gallant laugh radiates through the sea of muggy faces. Yelling back to Sasha and Alashar “cmon! We got beers at home. Alexa’s ass better be on her way to HQ.”

*A hour passes, and the group are now in the warehouse HQ. From the outside it looks like nothing more than a beat up old droid warehouse. But with the most advanced and stolen stealth tech thanks to Sasha, it was more than meets the eye*

The warehouse interior has a War room, armory, gymnasium, library, hangar, med-lab and several other little facets that the crew has bought (or otherwise) obtained in their time as a merc group. They each have a room that they tailored to their liking. Jalens room is a aquatic themed master bed with a pool in which he sleeps. It is adjacent to the gym in which he spends most of his free time. Zuu and Dasdana share a bedroom that fits their joint personalities. R5K6 scuttles around checking all the tech to make sure proper functionality is being achieved. Jalen stands in the war room with Zuu on his right, and Dasdana on his left. Meticulously studying the infochip.​

Last edited:
As Jalen and the Cathar talked terms, Sasha looked at Alashar and smiled, unnecessarily brushing a wisp of hair silvery hair off the blindfold. "I'd say something about there being no emotion, only peace, but I suspect we're both somewhat past that. You didn't do anything to me last night, Alashar. I wasn't hurt. Next time you feel worried about me, remember all the years we knew each other and what we've shared in the last year. Trust in that. I do. Enough to know there will be other evenings, other restaurants, and other times." She softly rubbed the Miraluka's back, a gesture meant to comfort.

Meanwhile, the business conversation around the table carried on. When Sasha tuned back in, she caught Jabba's name and listened intently. The amount of money at stake was enormous, even by the somewhat expensive circumstances she'd found herself in playing to one role or another. The Hutt Cartels were a different matter altogether and she silently wished the Marauders would pass on this particular job. But when Jalen added a zeo and the Cathar client barely blinked, she resigned herself to going up against one of the most powerful organizations in the galaxy.

Once the boss passed her the info chip, Sasha promptly pocketed it and nodded. "I have some things to pick up back at HQ so I'll meet you there." Alashar received an apologetic look, given orders and given the likelihood of the mission splitting them up for the foreseeable. Then she ducked out of the bar of Kotooli and joined the mingled hordes of people trying to make a living below the clouds of Coruscant.

Sasha made a point of visiting an old slicer friend of hers. While she was a fair hand at infiltrating systems and locked hardware, she was hardly a specialist and Kanni Tosk was, along with his advantage in having a fixed location allowing him to buy and use some top of the line tech. "I'm going to be Alys Veli," she said, "And I need you to work me into the Hutt Cartel of Clan Besadii. List me as a high-end indentured servant on loan to Durga the Hutt, the kind of personal assistant trusted to manage projects and oversee operations. I'm sure it'll cost and you're sure I'm good for it, aren't you."

She visited another slicer to get a full background written up from the planet of Makeb, including birth records, school attendance and a job history ending with her being 'hired' by the Hutt Cartel and taken off-world.

By that point, Sasha circled around to the Marauder Headquarters and dropped off the info chip she'd already read through with the assembled Jedi so Jalen could review and brief the criew while she sorted through her collection of costumes and disguises. Given the nonhuman composition of the Hutt Cartel's workforce, and given their distaste for humans, she opted to remain a Chiss with largely her own looks. Pretty and nonhuman were both points in her favor.

Joining the group at the table once they'd had a chance to digest what was on the info chip, Sasha said to Jalen "I'm going to be Alys Veli, a Clan Besadii project manager on loan to a Hutt who works for the Black Suns. Important enough to get an invitation to Jabba's table, attractive enough to stay there, and protected enough to be left alone while I listen and learn what I can. So, what's the plan?"

She promptly planted herself by Alashar's side.

Lexa had finished putting the engine back together, and the covers on so the others couldn't mess with her work. Turning she plugged the cable from her forearm computer into the data terminal, tapping the screen a chugging clanging sound filled the room as the fuel lines re-pressurised and coolant flooded the core components. She sauntered back into the cockpit before sitting in the co-pilots seat and powering the reactor back up, both to ensure nothing else was damaged and to provide power so that the pipes could flush out everything that had been in them while she worked.

As she waited she took a look at the time before swearing, she had meant this job to take a couple minutes not 50 quickly shutting the systems back down. She raced round the ship grabbing her boots from besides the entry ramp and quickly checking to see if R5 was still around as she tried to move while putting on shoes. As lexa came bursting out into the spaceport bellow she skidded to a stop and quickly plugged her computer to the access port on the ramp locking it up and re-scrambling the access code, not even thinking how Jalen tended to get annoyed whenever he reached the bottom of the ramp and couldn't get in.

By a mixture of running and 'borrowed' speeder bike Lexa managed to cut down the travel time to get to the warehouse, but she still arrived 10 minutes after the others. She saunters in to the war room, with her face slightly pink from speeder use without a mask and her braid hanging out from both her shirt and her coat, the arms of her old jedi sentinel overalls tied around her waist too keep the trousers on. "Hey everyone"

"Fashionably late as always, Alexis." Ashlyn commented with a small grin, hands planted on the War Room table, standing next to Dasdana. "I'm going to need to source something to hide my face, if we are going to the Hurts... Being human I'm sure will draw unwanted attention we don't need." She said. She looked to Jalen, waiting for him to begin talking.

Alashar felt her friend softly brush a lock of hair from her face and looked back up at the lovely Chiss. It was certainly true that the both of them had grown past being the passionless Jedi they had once been - she wouldn’t have dared gone to a restaurant with another Jedi if she hadn’t grown past the code to some degree - although the very specific mention of having grown past emotionlessness brought a troubled expression to her scarred features. To her surprise , Sasha softly reassured her all was well. Feeling relieved to a degree she wasn’t aware was possible , she solemnly nodded , her lips parted in an unusually joyful smile. In response to the soothing back rub she laid her head on Sasha’s shoulders.

Alashar was on the verge of profusely thanking her friend when she caught Janna the Hutt’s name within Jalen’s negotiations , attracting all her attention. She , too , would’ve rather the offer be refused , though for different reasons than Sasha. While she had faith in their abilities to undertake and complete such a task , she knew her friend would be required to infiltrate the Hutt’s operations alone and without any support. The Chiss woman was highly skilled enough to ensure her own safety , but the unnecessary level of danger the task presented caused the Miraluka a great deal of concern. Unfortunately , their leader only requested more credits and promptly accepted the job. She tried her best to mask her irritation , but as always she wasn’t very good at hiding her intentions. ‘Sasha shouldn’t have to put herself in this much danger for nothing more than the allure of credits.

Nevertheless , Alashar returned Sasha’s apologetic expression with one of compassion and concern. The message was very clear - ‘stay safe’. Afterwards she wordlessly departed with the others , just as discomforted and irritated as she was in the bar. While she paid rapt attention to Jalen’s briefing on the specifics of the job she didn’t add any of her own observations as she normally tended to do , crossing her arms and waiting to be informed just what her role was to be. When Sasha did at last arrive she was half-amazed and half-concerned with the identity the Chiss had crafted for herself. Her friend stepping close beside her seemed to calm her just a little , although she very subtly took a step to be just slightly in front of her , as if protecting her.

Alashar had an thoughtful , concerns expression on her features before at last opening her mouth. “Someone is going to ensure nothing horrible happens to Sasha , right? She can more than look after herself , I know , but infiltrating Jabba’s criminal empire carries it’s own risks. He’s been known on many occasions to impulsively discard his own agents for little reason , sometimes none at all. While being one of Clan Besadii’s servants would merit her some level of protection the Hutt Clans have had disagreements among themselves in the past , and I wouldn’t put it past Jabba to do something awful to her in one of his fits of rage. Being on loan to Black Sun May afford her additional protection , as Black Sun is known to be possessive of it’s own assets and especially vengeful when someone angers them , but there’s still little gaurantee that Jabba won’t just kill her anyway. And the various criminals and assassins Jabba keeps as his company could very well have entirely different plans for her. Many of them aren’t intelligent enough to know how much trouble they would find themselves in by harming her - they certainly lack any morality. At least if one of us was there we could come to her aid if she finds herself in mortal danger. I’d rather lose the credits than Sasha - or any of us - be severely harmed or killed. No amount of credits is worth losing one another.”

Jalen presses a few buttons and a holomap is produced thanks to the info chip, looking to his team he says "So. Don't think I haven't noticed you guys all grumbling, except Alexa because she's late. As always." Picking up a piece of crumpled paper he playfully tosses it to their grunge mechanic. "anyway this is how its going down, Pod races will be going on all day BUT the bets are taken early on and locked in the repository here" Jalen waves a hand towards the map once more to a rather small sized building "Thats where the credits are, and now....this is a rough plan I came up with on the fly. But this seems like our best bet. The Building is completely sealed in after the final bets are made. I mean this repositry becomes a solid object. That plays to our advantage."

Jalen sits back saying "At approximately 2100 hours final counts have been made, Sasha will shut of the power to the repository with the assistance of Ashlyn, Sasha give Ash that one active camo we used on that Alderaan job. She will be your stealth guard. Ash, things get hairy, I mean if you feel your hair stand up. You get her and yourself out of there. Copy? AT WHICH TIME" He waves a hand as a mini version of their ship flies in, shooting a concentrated laser to sever the repository from the building. The ship then deploys a grav-hook to liberate the building from the foundation tucking it safely under the ship. "Alexa and I swoop in to snag the quiche. We will be dropping off Zuu and Dasdana to help you secure an exit, obtain a ship. Don't care how, just get it done. Copy Zuu?"

Zuu crosses arms and meets Sasha's gaze with a somber "You'll make it out of there, You have my word." His eyes flick to Alashar...the reassurance was meant for her. Zuu believed the jedi code was flawed, love was beautiful in his eyes. What Sasha and Alashar had, he'd protect with his life. Jalen claps his hand "Perfect, well at that time. Alashar...you will have one of the most important jobs of all. We need a distraction. I mean a big one. Get the attention as far from the repository as possible. A suggestion. Creating a crash in the pod race would be a crowd pleasing uproar, may cover the blast."

Alashar studied the map intently , taking note of all the various entrances , thoroughfares , pathways , and anything else of interest. If all else failed she’d find a way to insert herself into Jabba’s operations along with Sasha , disguising herself as some form of bounty hunter or mercenary - most Bounty Hunters were beings about whom little was known , after all. The discomfort she would feel may be an issue , but she would try her best to bury it if it meant her only true friend was safe. Her focus shifted to the repository itself once Jalen indicated it , studying it and finding awfully little ways her friend , or herself , or any members of the team could discreetly enter or exit the secure building. She failed to grasp in what manner the vault becoming nigh-impenetrable could possibly be a benefit to their efforts , only quirking her head in an inquisitive manner.

Nevertheless , Alashar felt a small measure of relief once Ashlyn was indicated as her friend’s bodyguard. She wasn’t very familiar with Ashlyn - or any of the rest of the team except for Sasha , for that matter - but from their experiences on other missions she was aware that the snow-haired woman was intelligent and capable , at least enough to give Sasha extra protection should she require it. The Miraluka turned her head to give Ashlyn a severe , compelling glare that even lacking eyes communicated just how important the Chiss was to her , and how vigilant Ashlyn needed to be watching over her. The hard glare was only broken when Jalen began detailing the next phase of the plan. A sort of revelatory expression played out across her features as the hologram revealed the inner workings of the heist. In truth she felt slightly foolish for not having thought of such an idea herself , though it was understandable she didn’t given her concerns about her friend.

Alashar was all the more relieved to her that Zuu and Dasdana would retrieve Ashlyn and Sasha as soon as their tasks were finished. The Zabrak’s determination to safeguard the Chiss - along with Ashlyn’s task of watching over her - gave her a great deal of security , although nothing could ever keep her from being moderately concerned. While the rest of the Marauders were all varying degrees of important to her , the cunning Chiss woman meant everything to her in a wide variety of ways. If she were to lose Sasha she’d be more hopeless and isolated than she had been since the end of the Clone Wars , perhaps even more so. She gave Zuu close to the very same look she gave Ashlyn , though in her expression there was just a touch of gratefulness as opposed to being wholly severe.

The blindfolded former Jedi’s glare was cut shorter , as her attention was sharply turned back to Jalen. She’d acted as a diversion numerous times before , so the task he chose her for wasn’t all that surprising. “I don’t believe a simple crash would serve to be as much a diversion as you require , Jalen. While the crowd would certainly enjoy the chaos caused , the various guards would be accustomed to even a rather large crash - they’re awfully common , given how dangerous the races are. Besides , it isn’t the guard’s duty to safeguard the racers themselves or the pods , not while they’re actively racing. Even Sand People can find their way onto the track and fire upon the racers without much concern. I’d need to do something a bit more spectacular than that to divert attention fully away from you for longer than a mere few seconds.”

The blindfolded warrior thought for just a moment before continuing. “If I arrive in my Starfighter and fire on the racers - and the stands , and especially the sky boxes the Hutts themselves reside in - I’d certainly gather the attention of any anti-air capabilities Jabba and his servants could utilize against you. Since my Aethersprite is much more agile than the YT-1760 - and likely whichever ship or ships Sasha , Ashlyn , Dasdana , and Zuu commandeer for their escape - I’d be able to avoid their fire much easier than you would. It’d certainly cause enough chaos to make everyone else’s escape easier - especially Sasha and Ashlyn’s. If Lexa found a way to install a Hyperdrive without compromising her agility I wouldn’t even be required to link her with the freighter - I would be able jump to Hyperspace as soon as I break atmosphere , as well as sparing the rest of you the danger of having to link with me before escaping. I’d recommend we all stop in remote systems - different remote systems - to check our ships for external tracking devices , but beyond that we’d have an easier mission should I utilize my own ship. If I need to I could arrive a day or so before zero hour and hide my ship somewhere in the outskirts of one of the cities - far enough from population centers to go unnoticed , yet close enough so Jawas won’t abscond with her. Not that R4 would allow them to.”

Ashlyn looked at the map, nodding. "If you want me tailing her, that can be arranged, but..." She points to a small nook in the nearby cliff, maybe about five feet long and three feet wide. "Get me some climbing gear and I can sit up there and provide overwatch." She suggested. "I can make it there easily after cutting the power, my only problem is I'd be blind from this angle." She pointed to an area behind the repository, leading toward the stands. "I won't be able to see that path, so you'll need to be wary of that." She informed, projecting a cone which represented her blind spot.

The ball of paper was shunted slightly to the side causing it to miss Lexa as she entered the room and popped a cheeky salute to Jalen. She listened to the plans that the others put forwards, formulating her own part in all of this and frowning at both the final part of Jalen's plan and at Alashar's request. As soon as the others stopped speaking she stepped forwards next to the main projector. "How long do we have until these races because it will take about a day, maybe two to move the grav clamp into position and re-orientate the laser to be powerful enough to make a cut like that, and unless you want to raid a ship yard it will likely take another couple and some parts to try and fit a hyperdrive into the aethersprite" She stood with her arms crossed as she spoke looking critically at the holographic simulation in front of her. This entire plan seemed to rely a bit to much on everything going perfectly for her liking, there was very little room for error, not to mention pod-races were fun and she wished she could be down there with the pods.

Sasha nodded solemnly at the holomap, having already familiarized herself with the generals while getting her cover setup. She'd likewise landed on the repository being the obvious point to make off with the credits. Stealing the whole building? That was a nice example of lateral thinking, something she was generally good at. But then, her training had been focused on being a single operative without logistical support, coopting the target's resources to bring them down. The smash and grab approach was bold and she nodded slowly as her mind turned over the permutations.

"I can ensure the power's taken care of," she said, glancing up at Jalen. "I'll likely coopt a few of Jabba's employees and get them to shut it down for me under a made up pretense. Hutts can be resistant to the Force but their subordinates are typically wide-open. By design." She smiled thinly and added, "The weak-willed are useful for the Hutt Cartels and former Jedi alike."

Ashlyn's suggestion of overwatch met with a considering look from the red-eyed Chiss. "It's unlikely I'll need fire support before shutting off the power. Afterwards? Definitely. If you can work with Zuu and Dasdana to identify a ship to make our exit with, I'd certainly appreciate the cover as I escape towards it. The Force willing, I'll look like another employee fleeing with the crowds to escape a disaster. I suppose my question then is...if you want me to cover up the evidence of this being an inside job." Implicit with the question is what's behind it; covering up her involvement would likely mean the assassination of those employees she used so there'd be no one left to explain to Jabba why they'd shut the power down.

Ashlyn's bold suggestion merited a somewhat more emotional reaction. Concern crossed the beautiful Jedi Shadow's face. "That will certainly work, dear, but there will be no using that ship ever again. The Hutt Cartels have immense reach and losing billions of credits will draw a permanent response. From Jabba, who will never rest until he finds the one responsible. Or from the Hutt Cartels if Jabba falls from power because of the theft...for they will want to send a message to deter anyone from ever trying something like it again. To be honest, our own ship is a risk. I'd suggest we come up with another vehicle for making off with the repository or give up on ever using ours again."

Sasha is again thoughtful for a moment. "It occurs to me, with my cover identity as a Hutt Cartel indentured servant with Black Sun affiliations, we may be able to leave clues that will point Jabba towards a rival Hutt Clan or the Black Suns. It may help if we take some basic steps to disguise those of us who may be seen. Perhaps a common uniform that will suggest we were a formal unit deployed by a rival organization instead of simply being mercenaries."

"That said, the basic plan seems sound. Even if it puts you in a great deal of danger." That last was added for Alashar's benefit, and Sasha's concern returned in full measure.

Alashar investigated Ashlyn’s vantage point as if she was verifying the evaluation the human provided. After she was certain she was indeed correct , the Miraluka subtly nodded her head. While there was a small arc unviewable from the perch , it covered a wide swath of the area around the generator. With most of the approaches covered Sasha would only be especially concerned with the pathway towards the stands - assuming , of course , that Ashlyn was a capable sentry. If the stern glare the Miraluka has given her had any effect , the Human revealed no sign of it. Still , her friend was more than capable enough to easily manage any shortcomings her allies may have had. The blindfolded woman winced slightly as Lexa stated she hadn’t yet modified either ship for the purposes the job required. She though she had told the mechanic she wanted a Hyperdrive in her Delta-7B some time ago - and that R4 would be more than willing to assist her - but perhaps she hadn’t said so forcefully enough , or brought it up enough times. Either way , she truly didn’t want to detract from modifying the main ship , especially when she could acquire another , more disposable fighter herself.

The moment her beautiful , well-spoken friend began outlining her ideas Alashar found herself absorbed. As ever , Sasha thought of a great many ideas Alashar would’ve never thought of , always shockingly effective. Using the weak-willed minions the Hutts kept as helping hands for deactivating the power was brilliant , and would help throw suspicion off of her should she execute the plan as flawlessly as the Miraluka knew she could. The implication of assassinating the group the Chiss tricked into aiding her didn’t faze her in the least , actually pleasing her somewhat. Her strong dislike of the criminal elements of the Galaxy was well-known among the rest of the crew , especially those affiliated with the Hutt Clans. Using a different ship was a very good idea if they didn’t want the various Hutt Clans , and especially Jabba himself , hunting them down for the rest of their lives. Even if they rid themselves of their current ships , someone would recognize their YT-1760 from other tasks they had accomplished and lead all manners of bounty hunters right to them. Linking the theft back to the Black Sun cartels was brilliant , bringing a noticeable , if short lived , smile to her scarred features. It’d be quite easy for them to incorporate masks and other sorts of identity-hiding features into their disguises , especially as most Black Sun agents she knew hid their identities on missions.

Before Alashar could continue to help refine their plan she chose to address the concern she felt from Sasha , taking her left hand with both of her own and facing her directly. Her voice was kept lower , just loud enough so only Sasha heard her. “I’ll be safe , Sasha , I promise. It won’t be difficult for me to avoid whatever anti-air capabilities they muster against me , even in a Z-95 or R-22 Spearhead. Even if they do manage to shoot me down I’ll just hide in the desert until you can come and rescue me. Remember my story about how my first Aethersprite crashed? It won’t be any different - if anything , the Hutt Clans’ minions are easier to deceive than the Droid Army ever was. I’ll fight my way out if I have to - whatever it takes to ensure I return to you , I vow to you upon everything we both hold dear. Nothing they could ever do to me could keep me from holding my promises to you.” She smiled , winking in a fashion that seemed to be the most flirtatious Alashar could be with her expressions. “Besides , I still need to make up for ruining our dinner last night. Unless they’d like to pay for it , the Hutts had better stay out of my way.” Her smile faded , replaced with a deep concern that went to the very core of her soul. “You’re in much more danger than I am , Sasha. Just focus on ensuring your own safety , and I promise I’ll ensure my own.”

Alashar tightened her grip on her brilliant , beloved friend’s hand before letting go and turning back around to face the others. “As it seems best to use alternate ships , I believe I’ll purchase a Z-95 for myself. An R-22 spearhead might suit my purposes better , but they’re also newer and worth a considerable amount more - as well as less common among criminal syndicates. I suggest the overall group acquire a bulk freighter of some sort , less distinctive than our usual Corellon YT-1760. Such a ship may already have a magnetic crane attached to it , which would alleviate Lexa of modifying ours to have that feature. If we’re to appear as a Black Sun task force we may wish to paint our ships with matching colors and add a common symbol or two , preferably of Black Sun origin , just to reinforce our ruse of being an organized task force. I suggest whatever uniform we do use incorporates some sort of mask so no-one can identify us by our appearances. I think I may disguise myself as an Ubese - I have the short , muscular build to be one , and as I don’t intend to be spoken to it won’t matter I don’t speak the language. Doubly so if all of you aren’t Ubese.”

The Miraluka’s pale hand gestured to the vault’s location. “There will likely be a number of cameras here , with at least one of Jabba’s minions watching their feeds. It may be best for Sasha to mind trick them into shutting off the camera feeds and joining the group she tricks into turning off the power for her , along with planting a forged message from a known Black Sun official on his person detailing portions of our plan. Not Prince Xizor himself , of course , but one of his close advisors or Lieutenants. If she secured a Vibro-axe from a Gammorean or Weequay - which shouldn’t be too difficult - she could use that to eliminate those she tricks into helping her , making it appear as if one of Jabba’s guards caught them before they could leave and managed to defeat them. Or it could simply appear such a criminal was one of their accomplices , and chose to make off with the payment they’d receive themselves instead of splitting it among a group. If need be Zuu or Dasdana could kill them all dressed in our ‘uniform’ , while Sasha manages to run away unnoticed. We could hide a ship on Mos Eisley days before for them to take - or in case of emergencies - while Sasha and Ashlyn take one docked closer to the racetrack. Lots of ships are in Mos Eisley’s docking bays unattended , especially ones that are being serviced or repaired.”

Last edited:

Jalen leans up against the table saying among his team "We have two weeks. To get all these loose ends tied up. Make this happen...." Zuu comes forward whispering to his leader "The force is strong with us. Let the force flow through you." The Nautolan takes a deep breath closing his eyes...all semblance of time seems to disappear from his mind. Visions begin to flow through his mind, images of a quad jumper...red. It looks though R5K6 as well as Alexa is commandeering it. Jalen eyes forehead wrinkles slightly as darkness surges before the image...clone troopers. The images shift until it comes across Alashar and Boti the Hutt, the first and only Hutt Jedi. Apparently after the collapse of the order he returned to the family business...The vision it seems as tho they are talking of the best way to cause a ruckus, distracting the eyes and cameras of the Hutts.

At this point Jalens face seems distressed, Seeming Sasha being confronted by some rather forceful Mandalorians. Ashlyn is taking a path through the town, but is also accosted by clone troopers...its keeping her from being able to back up Sasha. Now their captains face seems like its in actual pain, the darkness swirls in a world pool of anger and sadness. As his vision returns Zuu and Dasdana laying on the floor with lightsaber wounds. Lifeless eyes seeming to penetrate Jalens soul, the hurt was too much. Jalen comes back to the present amongst his peers, he was now gripping the metal table with such force that it is slightly indented. He looks at his comrades, explaining to the group all that he had seen, leaving out the mortifying scene of Zuu and Dasdanas corpses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back