• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Magna Vis Tournament [ALL SPOTS TAKEN]

billthesomething

Four Thousand Club
"Hello there. I am Bill a man of dubious nature; however do not let my nature to put you at unease for it is only a title much like king, lord or baron and it is quite undeserved title at that. You are perhaps wondering why you have received a letter from a man you have never met (Well as far as you know) and I am getting to it. I am here to invite you to Alhazred and grant you a chance to take a hold of the “Volo Dantis” or the “Wish Granter” An ancient device that is capable of granting a single wish. And to answer your question I simply have no use for it, as I already have everything I could ever want.

But now as you can guess, I am simply not going to hand you the scroll. No you are going to have to EARN IT! Through The Magna Vis Tournament, were you plus nineteen others will be fighting for the chance of a single wish. Now then if you accept simply pocket this letter and you will be teleported to Alhazred.

Alhazred is a vast ruin of a massive alien city with architecture that resembles a mixture of ancient Chinese, Greece and Egyptian. It is located in a vast desert and as such a good chunk of the city is covered in sand. However there are enough buildings to provide shade and protection from the desert’s sun and chilly nights (and from other competitors)"

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Castles of the Slvian Kingdom, The King had called upon his Brother for a meeting about his kingdom and his departure.

"I think i get it. . .but uh. . .Eric." His Brother,Arin Nirvana, wearing the Armor of the LSR Said, turning to the King. "You sure you want to do this?"

"Yes Brother." Eraqus said, fixating his hat on his head. "But it would seemed that i would have to go alone. I will have to trust you with my kingdom for a while."

"Sure thing." Arin said, smiling softly. "So, how long will you be gone?"

"That, i do not know. But i will not have the time to make a declaration. So please, keep them safe from all harm. Wilton will give you advice if you need to." Eraqus said, holding the letter in his palms. Arin Nodded, he knew that he could fulfill his brother's wish in any means necessary.

"So. . .Farewell, Brother." Eraqus stood up as he folded the letter. "I must go now." He pocketed the letter, and a bright light engulfed the throne room. as the lighted faded, the King is no more.

King Eraqus Nirvana had pocket the letter

In the barren land of Alhazred, a pillar of blue light rose. And out of it, King Eraqus Nirvana, has arrived in the battle field. he checked his Equipment beforehand. His Blade, The 'Ring of Resolution' is in his hands. A Blade with two ends and could separated into two parts. his Gauntlet, The LSR Equipment Activation Correspondent or LEAC for short, is still intact. He might need to bring his old 'toys' back if the situation calls for. But Nevertheless, he waited for the Tournament to begin.

It came to Jor's surprise when a fancy-looking letter stood uniquely amongst wads of bills, taxes, and junk mail he was filing through. Opening the letter, first he was suspicious, but then his excitement grew with each sentence he was reading, exponentially so when the words 'tournament', 'fighting', and 'wish' catched his eye.

Awesome, not only if I win I get a free wish, I'll also fight other strong people! He hurriedly dropped the letter, intent on donning his Peng Win costume before he'll join. Thanks to his powers, it only took him a few seconds to wear the light armor. Who will protect the city, though? A thought popped up in his head, although he was sure that Penumbra and Lady Star will temporarily take his place as the city's protector while he was gone--they were his future successors anyways--he decided to message them just in case.

Now, he was standing in his living room, letter in hand as he was rereading it to make sure he got things right. Satisfied, he decided to take a deep breath, before pocketing the letter.

A flash of light and a cosmic f-bomb to the laws of reality later, he stood dazed in what he assumed was the city of Alhazred. He checked his body to make sure he was still in one piece, before gazing in awe at the city before him, staying in this position as he waited for the other combatants to appear.

??? [Preparation Phase]

Iris' heavy breathing was heard throughout the Millennium Temple, the energy she had to use to defeat that monster was quite a lot. She wasn't alone, as her friends also stood with her to conquer this demonic beast. However by defeating it, everyone she cared about and loved were sacrificed. Their blood and corpses were on the floor, lifeless and unresponsive. It wasn't normal for her to feel pain emotionally, as her species shouldn't have cared for anyone in this world, maybe it was because she learned how to feel... "Love".

She stopped her heavy breathing, tears dripping from her eyes. Iris was too weak, if she were to be stronger then defeating that thing could've been easier. "Damnit!" she exclaimed, as she sank her crystal sword into the ground. There was no one else to go back to, it would be better if she would erase her own existence as well. But as she opened her eyes, a strange letter dropped from the ceiling. It's going to be the end of her life soon, maybe it was a letter from Death, congratulating her of victory and death. But as she took hold of the letter, she began to read the contents of it. A single wish, in a battlefield with nineteen others. The thought buried itself into her mind, if she were to participate, then a single wish could be possibly obtainable, in addition she could even grow stronger.

Something burnt inside her, perhaps her spirit to fight or it could've been her love for everyone she knew. She reabsorbed the crystal sword, and began to stand up. There wasn't any time to waste, Iris needs to complete this task immediately.

Iris... Pocketed the letter.

A dawning red light enveloped her, as she felt her own body being transported into another location. Magic? No, it could be something different. This mission is very important to her, well to others this may only be some kind of joke, but she was serious. Donning her cloak in order to hide her identity, Iris began to close her eyes, only waiting for someone to call her.

Medusa sighed as he walked into a tavern, his body was cracked and in need of charging. He seemed tired from his last fight, he felt weak due to his state of being "Damn body can't protect me from shit," he said to himself sitting at the booth. He closed his eyes trying to take a nap, however he hit something...paper. He glared at the letter, he wanted to call for someone to take it away but curiosity enveloped him.

He bit one of his fingers off and used his replacement to cut open the letter, he read through it as his grip tightened, and a smile grew on his face. He jumped away and did a little dance
before a shadow woman appeared in front of him. He looked at her "Lucy, we got a letter, isn't it wonderful. We will be fighting with 19 other constants to get a free wish, we may be able to use it to finally become human or be immortal somehow, doesn't that sound grand." The shadow clapped for him and gave a white smile "That is very lovely, I would like to be human or at least not let you crack on me. I really do hate being apart from you and only seeing you in short amounts or when we fight, it hurts my being," the shadow said looking down. He grabbed the girl and spun before pocketing the letter "So when do you think it will happen," he said jumping, his joy and jumping starting to make a scene.

Marter Medusa
has pocketed the letter.

Marter blinked only to be in the city of Alhazred, he looked around at the grand city "How grand!" was all he said to himself as he spun around only stopped by
Lucy. The shadow smiled "Please, lets start this tournament, we can dance later," she said laughing at his display. He grinned before spitting his finger out and reattaching it "The odds are against us, we have nothing, and may most likely fail but what the hell," he said putting his hands in his pockets. He looked at the old city as Lucy had now become his shadow again, he stood their as he dawned his mask, ready for anything.

Triggerhappy was sitting down in a burning forest, he was wondering what he could do with a genie. When he was thinking this, a note fell in front of them, Triggerhappy carefully picked it up and opened it."oh my, what a coincidence a large tournament for a wish? Why not."he got up and pocketed the letter,and suddenly they appeared in some town."wow, great change of scenery. The middle of nowhere, the burning forest was better than this. could have chosen somthing better, but I guess this is what they choose."he starts walking,wondering if it already started.

Jörmund

Jörmund had just gotten back to his apartment after having just finished a job as he worked as a mercenary. Checking his mail he noticed a strangely ornate letter among the bills and other assorted junk mail. Tearing open the envelope, he read the letter, betraying no reaction to the outlandish content.

Having read it he simply pockets the letter and vanishes. If what the letter said was true it would be a welcome change of pace from what he was doing now. Who knows, he might even get to have some fun.

He looked around, showing no more reaction than he did to the letter itself, at the ruined city around him. Only after this, when he begins to walk around to look for someone else, does Jörmund show any sort of emotion. If one were to look closely they would see a faint ghost of a smile betraying the fact that the quiet man is looking forwards to the fights to come.

Fields of Tharsis-Pre Tournament

"Ah, brother, how I miss your presence." Delsiv muttered to himself, sitting beside his long deceased brother's statue. A memorial to his valiant sacrifice. His brother had been a valiant warrior, and a great friend. Just like Delsiv, he had been an undead as well, but he had given his chance at eternal life to protect the kingdom of Tharsis from an invasion. Delsiv stared at the letter in his hand once again, rereading it for what was likely the fortieth time. He had found the letter not too long ago, lying on the site of his brother's burial. At first he had thought it to be a joke, but, even if it was, the offer of a wish granting device in exchange for entering some sort of tournament was still quite alluring. "...I'll do it for you, brother. I will beat down my opposition and bring you back at all costs... I owe you that much." Delsiv exclaims to the statue. Yes, he knew it was an inanimate object, but to Delsiv that didn't matter. He knew what he had to do. He had to get his wish granted, no matter what it took. "Well, no time to waste!" He exclaimed, pocketing the letter.

Delsiv Veridas had pocketed the letter.

Next thing he knew, Delsiv found himself swept away in a flash of light and brought to a quite unfamiliar location. Desert and deserted ruins as far as the eye could see. "Huh, quite the peculiar landscape. Maybe I should have paid greater attention to the details of the letter." He muttered to himself. As far as he could tell, there wasn't anyone in his near vicinity at the moment. This meant that he was safe, that he could prepare... If he could figure out what his plan was. "...Maybe this was a bad idea... Oh well, too late to worry about that!" He exclaims cheerfully before marching off to go see if he could locate any of the other combatants.

Akari Hirano sat at the top of a cliff overlooking a barren wasteland. How Akari had managed to climb to the top of the cliff, or why he had done so was beyond him, as he couldn't trouble himself with such petty questions. The same went for how he had received the letter. To him, he could have had it for his entire life. Either possibility mattered equally to Akari (nothing at all, that is). Akari had actually finished reading a long time ago, and had been engaged in an intense debate with himself about what their wish should be spent on. (Akari regarded himself as his best and only friend. He was always there for him, and he enjoyed his conversations with himself.).

"I still think we should use the wish to become supreme ruler over all existing realities", Akari said to himself.

"But that's so cliché...", he heard himself say, "That's what everyone's expecting you to do".

"And why is that?" Akari asked himself.

"Because everyone thinks you're evil and batshit crazy. And if you want to show them you're not, you can't just spend your wish on something that evil and crazy people always spend their wishes on".

"Good point, you know, I'm really glad to have you as a friend", Akari said cheerfully, and clapped himself on the back, "So what should I spend my wish on?"

Akari heard himself reply, "I don't know, that's for you to decide. Let's just worry about getting that wish first".

Akari agreed with himself, and stepped up. "Now how do I get there...", he examined the letter's words once more. At the same time, he took a step forward, off the edge of the ravine. Now, Akari was falling through the air toward the rapidly approaching ground, but he was too busy concentrating on figuring out how to get to the tournament, and couldn't spare the attention for such petty details. "Oh! it says here that I just need to pocket it!". And with that, Akari pocketed the letter and vanished in a flash of light several feet from the ground.

-------------------

Akari reappeared in a desolated desert of some sort. Ruins of unidentifiable origin dotted the landscape. None of the tournament's combatants could be seen, which slightly worried him. What if he was late? Now that wouldn't be good at all. He then took notice of a large lone pillar jutting out of a sand dune to his right. It was tall enough to provide good vision over a large portion of the area, which he could use to spot someone else. How Akari was supposed to climb it was beyond Akari's knowledge, and caring. Knowing what he had to do next, Akari set off toward it. He gripped the handles of his twin swords, Ignus and Arcana, reassuringly. One seared with a heat that seemed to grow in intensity the longer he gripped it, and another one hummed quietly with magic energy. By now, Akari had arrived at the foot of the pillar, and began to climb.

Asane Naki

• 4p5w45m.png

Asane was busy carrying back two dufflebags and a backpack full of her guns. After this last job she had, she ended up letting a guy live cause he looked cute, but turned out he knew where she lived and he didn't plan on letting her have the same treatment. So she decided it was going to be best to move, and because she has quite the trait that lets her carry any firearm without weight, she doesn't see the reason why she wouldn't take her whole arsenal at once. That being said, it would be an unlicky day for Asane because the letter that everyone seemed to be getting flew in the wind and smacked her in the face. A bit angry, she peeled it off, but being as she was moving at the moment, she didnt want to read it. However, she wanted to keep it for later despite it could be someone elses, so she shoved it in her pocket, and you can guess what happened. After being whisked through whatever dimension traveling system it was, she yelled out a "
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT" As she fell face first into the barren deserts sand, her bags at her sides as well as the one on her back. Like the letter from her face, she peeled herself up off the ground, and looked around after pretending she didnt just be scared shitless.

"Where the fuck am I?"

The Royal Palace: Before the Tournament

Empress Ceramis sat upon her throne, waiting for anything important to happen. The border between Therin and Her kingdom of Domdir was heavy with threats of war, she desired to conquer all and become master of Arcaneia. She thought about how she would achieve such a feat easily as she met the various nobles who came with propositions and ideas, all with a certain goal in mind like imperial funding for research into devices that could protect from some certain element, it's the same thing over and over. The nobles and others think themselves so clever as they think she didn't know their true intentions, the researchers only wanted to pocket imperial gold and produce some failure so they can get away Scott free. The nobles wanted more fame and to increase their own power among the kingdom, she obviously refused their ideas outright for why should she trust those who wanted to use her? Then she received a mysterious letter, no messenger or courier brought it to her, it just appeared in her lap. She opened and read through the interesting proposal, she just thought that whoever the Bill person was was a complete idiot for even tempting to get her to do something that would never happen. She couldn't deny it's strangeness though, with it just suddenly appearing and all.... She sighed and went to get ready for a possible embarrassment, she told her advisors to watch the kingdom while she was gone and not start any war until she returned. Once all had been discussed....

She Pocketed the Letter.

She was teleported to some desert city, the heat wasn't a problem to her since her element was fire of course and the cold nights wouldn't be that bad, she could just use a flame aura. She moved slightly towards a pillar and leaned against it waiting for the other combatants to find her or for whoever Bill is to summon them for the fight. She took out one of her daggers and tossed it in the air and catches it in her hands and would keep doing this until something important happened.

[Vs.Empress Ceramis]

Eraqus tucked his hat as he walked towards a nearby town. The heat was scorching, but that it won't affect his abilities. After a while, he decided to input his old LSR Unit Code in his LEAC;

Immediately, a belt appeared in his hands. It houses The LSR's Bomb Transporters on it's side, also acting as a leg Guard. He donned the belt, and started looking for shade

Small television like device appeared before all the gather fighters, it floated up to the face of the fighters, then an image popped up on the screen. the image was of an seemingly elderly human male with a grey beard and purple eyes on his nose rested a pair of small reading glasses "Greetings I am Bill the host of the Magna Vis tournament, and i am here to tell where you will find the Volo Dantis" The image shifted to that of a dark green tower "This is the Alhazred research tower, once the most prestigious laboratory in this ancient civilization, however it like the rest of this city now lies broken and in ruins, it now only stands out among the ruins due it being were the Volo Dantis is located and was invented, though you will not be able to enter as all access to the tower will remain locked until only one of you are left. and to those wondering there will be no deaths, those who have become unable to fight will be transported back home." the screen shifted back to Bill who nodded his head slightly before disappearing once again but this time with the broadcast device

billthesomething said:
Small television like device appeared before all the gather fighters, it floated up to the face of the fighters, then an image popped up on the screen. the image was of an seemingly elderly human male with a grey beard and purple eyes on his nose rested a pair of small reading glasses "Greetings I am Bill the host of the Magna Vis tournament, and i am here to tell where you will find the Volo Dantis" The image shifted to that of a dark green tower "This is the Alhazred research tower, once the most prestigious laboratory in this ancient civilization, however it like the rest of this city now lies broken and in ruins, it now only stands out among the ruins due it being were the Volo Dantis is located and was invented, though you will not be able to enter as all access to the tower will remain locked until only one of you are left. and to those wondering there will be no deaths, those who have become unable to fight will be transported back home." the screen shifted back to Bill who nodded his head slightly before disappearing once again but this time with the broadcast device
Triggerhappy ponders for a bit."ok so hunt down you target and kill people? How do you know who your target is?"he said out loud,expecting the host to hear him.

billthesomething said:
"Okay then." Eraqus sighed, as the broadcast finished. He put on his stance. his hand near his chest, while his blade is beside him. He had no question, and is sorry he had to do this.

Medusa looked at the screen, he had seen many kinds of shit and this was a first "So no killing, aww that is how I end most of my battles but oh well," he said, he tried to lift his arms but felt a tug at them. Lucy had become a shadow lady again, and was holding his sleeve, she was nervous since the other constants must be dangerous "A-are you sure we should have accepted this, maybe we can turn back," she said her voice quivering. He smiled and stoked her shadow hair "Lets kick ass," he said as he clamped his hands together and pulled out a black spear, dripping with his blood.

"...No deaths? What a shame... I was looking forward to slaughtering any poor suckers that crossed my path... Ah well, I guess rules are rules." Delisv mutters to himself, shrugging. "Alright, I'll just have to find the tower and wait for someone else to come along, then I can ambush them. Easy win." Delsiv says with a smile, staring up into the bright sunny sky. Now this would truly be a challenge worthy of his time. He headed off to search for the tower mentioned by Bill. After all, he couldn't be the only one to think of trying to find the tower before everyone else, so most likely someone else would head there as well, meaning that he'd have an easy target. He slid his hand slowly into his robe, drawing his rapier from it's concealed sheath and pointing straight ahead. "Onward, to victory!" He exclaimed for literally no reason except that he thought it seemed cool.

Asane Naki

• 4p5w45m.png

Asane watched the screen blankly as she wondered what she got herself into. She never even bothered to read the letter so she didnt know what she was even fighting for.

"Well shit... I guess I should head that way but... No killing?"

She looked at her duffelbags of guns.

"Looks like Im gonna have to break some rules. Never was one for them anyways, gets in the way of torture"

She laughed a bit to herself before picking them up and throwing the straps over her opposite shoulders, and headed in which direction looked the most correct.

??? [Preparation Phase]

RMeNj2F.png

Iris opened her eyes as a voice seemed to have explained and pointed out the location of the wishing device. Her eyes were closed during the explanation, she just blew her chance of successfully locating it. But he did mention something about a tower and 'it won't be opening unless one person remains'. Now, there she sees a general flaw of this building. Did he even try and figure out a fail-safe if a participant was able to teleport or even pass through walls? Well that doesn't matter for now, it's his problem and she has no responsibility for it.

Now, she received a letter concerning a "tournament". But how will they know who their combatant is? Perhaps that man may send a message again about the match-ups. Hopefully the one she fights is a worthy opponent.

Looking around, it seems as if she's in a sand-like place. A desert perhaps? There are also some strange symbols and such that she has no idea of it's origins. In her line of sight there appears to be no other beings, but she can detect 19 other life-signatures throughout the whole city. Some strong, some seemed average. But even if the average ones may pose no threat, she sees hidden powers inside of them which makes them an even bigger threat than the strong ones. Iris shakes her head, she shouldn't judge people based on her ability to see how strong they are, it's best to judge them in person.

Since she wants to see the other participants, Iris decides to think about where they would most likely go to... The tower of course, the one that holds the wish-maker. Even though that man may use everything in his power to stop any unplanned battles to occur, she must watch her back for aggressive enemies. Iris raised her hand into the air as crystals started to form and shape into what looked like a handgun, she places it in her belt as she began to run towards the tower.

Marten looked around trying to figure out where the others were, he thought about going to the tower he slowly walked towards it. He looked at his shadow companion, always on her toes. He sighed "I don't see anyone, better come to them, maybe they haven't came yet," he said dragging the spear on the ground. Lucy glared at him "Why are you dragging it, it is your blood not a toy. Keep it safe, I am also your blood remember. When it is finally gone, I'm gone." She stood near him sharping her hands as they became pikes ready to stab anyone.

Matren kept to himself before hearing noises from the city "Remind me to find a library some time, maybe I can make you a paper flower," he said as he put the spear away following her wishes. The feeling of the unknown took over. He felt the elements and seemed to enjoy himself and get carried away. He hadn't been anywhere else so this was a dream come true. He started to dance around the place, twirling and laughing.
Lucy followed him from the shadows in case anyone tried something on him.

"No killing, huh." Jor asked to no one in particular. He didn't really favor killing that much, only using it as a last resort in extreme situations. So it came to his relief that he won't be able to accidentally kill someone, since they'll be transported away before he can.

Shaking his head, he scanned his surroundings, hoping to find any source of life. He spotted a few, distant figures doing whatever the heck they were doing; he could see farther than the average human, but it was nothing special, so he could only make out their outlines and details from his position.

One was a girl carrying heavy-looking bags, and the other looked like a wizard from an RPG he played yesterday. The hero noticed the two moving in different directions, though he noticed their paths will soon converge.

Maybe one of them is my opponent. A hand to his chin and a moment of thinking later, Jor decided to move to a vantage point where he can observe the two combatants without being seen himself. Somewhere big and tall, where could that be? The hero thought for a few, long minutes, before smacking his head as he realized that any of the buildings here will do anyways. His eyes landed at an unlucky, Eastern-style pagoda, 'Peng Win' imagined a big, red 'X' laid on its top. Then, he squatted, focusing his energy on his legs.

A moment later, Jor leaped.

When you're a hero, you usually need to be multilingual in order to gain and understand the perspective of the speakers of a particular language; it makes those 'hero outreach' programs UNESCO did in various countries waay easier. Not only that but it also helps in other areas too, like what Jor was doing now, shouting strings-upon-strings of dandily colorful curses in various dialects as he became a brilliant-blue blaze that ascended towards the heavens. Hell, he even puts in a few Esperanto swear words from time to time.

"Fiku, merde, scheisse,
fuck!" Jor wished he could fly, but he couldn't, so he had to wait until the laws of gravity started to kick in. Thankfully though, he was only about 4-5 kilometers into the air, so the impact shouldn't hurt as much as it would in higher altitudes. It'd still hurt though. Our penguin-named hero grimaced as he began his descent into the earth below.

The village drowned in the matter of corruption. Those who touched it got devoured and turned to be bearers of the matter. They would not become one of the corrupted, but beings without will, infecting others. Next to the village filled with panicing men and women, even children, stood the cause of all that. A corrupted. Its visible eye focussed on the village with a cruel pleasure.

That was until it suddenly received a letter. It was weird. But it promissed a whish, something that tempted it. The Corrupted could wish for so many things... It would accept it. The corrupted transformed to its human form. Then it pocketed the letter. IT found itself somewhat teleported, finding itself in some kind of ruins. The corrupted, named by Katerina, looked around, seeing other individuals. She expected those to be the other competants. They appeared to be strong. Very strong indeed. Katerina knew she would have fun breaking them. Sadly the one who seemed to be responsible for this appeared to have done something against death. Quietly, the readhaired, apperantly human woman stood beside the others.

[EVENT!!!]

A loud rumbling could be heard across of all Alhazred. those who looked up to the sky would see a large serpentine machine
war_machine_against_the_sky_by_thebigredbutton123-d7qbkxu.png

before it dived into the sandy dunes of Alhazred and this caused the sand covered ceiling that Katrina and ??? had been standing on to collapse sending them down into a large underground chambers. @Ami the breadling @EXPMIRACLE

??? VS Katerina Mediara

RMeNj2F.png

As Iris tries her best to find the tower, a sudden event took place. A serpent-like machine seemed to have disrupted the area she is in. The floor collapses on her, she knows that the burden of the fall may hurt a lot.

She initiated her plan of protecting her fall, conjuring a crystal in her hand and throwing it below her. The sun's light was dimming at this point as she slowly reached the ground, her eyes focused on the crystal as it took shape. It began to extend itself forward, backwards and side-wards altogether. Iris successfully created a floating platform for herself. Her fall had been broken as she landed on her new crystal platform. Why would that man suddenly do such a thing? And if he shows off that serpent creature, it'll get a beating from Iris.

Her platform slowly dropped into the ground. She hopped off of it as she scouted the area she is in. An underground chamber? This wasn't something he explained. Irritated by the fact that she was given no warnings about this suddenly happening, Iris was ready to leave this chamber at this point. However, she felt something nearby. Something that she would've detected as just an average person at first, but now, she feels as if this was just a cloak to hide that person's real power. She didn't recognize it when nobody was nearby, which means...

Iris conjures up another crystal, as it quickly forms into a handgun. Remembering the other previous gun that was made, she also brings it out. The girl that embodies destruction and chaos knows that a similar beast was in this chamber alongside her. "Reveal yourself!" she shouted out, having the knowledge that someone else was with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back