• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Lost Kingdom

Tasteless

Boink Bean
The Lost Kingdom
So many years ago,
in a land long lost within our memories, lays a kingdom. Our ancestors were taught how to live in a civilized manner, how to treat others with respect, and more importantly; how to belong.
There was a strict system in this Kingdom, the Queen taught her first born daughter how to actively rule the kingdom. The king taught all of his sons how to fight in battle, given they would be entering the army if war should arise. Upper class families often attended the royal parties, bringing lavish gifts and dressed in expensive attire. Middle class families found themselves living comfortably, yet not in lavish. Lower class families often resorted to being thieves, stealing whatever looked valuable and in reach.
The land was beautiful, thousands of miles of lush, green scenery. The land was full of equally beautiful animals, including an older version of Deer, not to mention wolves, large cats, and Dragons.
The royal blood that ruled the kingdom trained, owned, and even housed dragons. During war, many of the massive beasts were used, not many would ever return.
The Kingdom was amazing, peaceful and massive. What could be so terrible about the ancient location? Why did we progress enough to stop living how we did, and what happened to the dragons?

In Depth
Many different animals lurk around the land, here is a basic guide of what they are and what they eat. Almost all animals are able to be tamed, yet some are going to be more difficult than others.
One of the most noticeably ancient creatures is a Megaloceros, an ancestor of the deer. These creatures tend to be very skittish herbivore, mostly found in the forest and mountains around the kingdom. The one with the largest antlers tends to be the leader, some males will attempt to defend their herd so stay cautious.
megaceros-group-1.jpg
Another animal to watch for, Nephs. These creatures are unknown ancestors, and are primarily carnivores that hunt is large packs. The alpha tends to be the most virbrant in color, and they lure in their prey with the sounds of other animals in distress.
some_things_are_better_left_alone___by_tatiilange-danuh8r.jpg
Second the last, this creature is commonly known, even during our time. Wolves. These beautiful creatures are called Dire Wolves, much larger than the wolves we know today. They hunt in packs, and will generally stay away from a group of three or more humans, yet any less and you may be in trouble.
Who could forget about our friendly, dragons? Beautiful creatures, weighing hundreds of thousands of pounds, and being able to swallow a human whole. Different dragons can be found in different areas, the most common tend to be natural dragons. They vary in color but tend to only be able to breathe fire, other than their distant cousins.
Mountain dragons specialize in ice, Sea dragons specialize in water, you get the point.
nethradorus_by_allagar-dbd0hv2.jpg

Rules
I. This is a detailed role play, meaning i expect a minimum of eight sentences per post, per character.
II. You may have as many characters as you'd like, of any social ranking you'd like. If you'd like to have royal blood, please ask me first.
III. Enjoy this world, it is vast and holds many possibilities for everyone.
IV. Make drama, be a hopeless romantic, and face danger!
V. Have fun!

The world seems interesting, but... what... is... the plot? All I see is setting.
The plot is hinted, "why did we change from this lifestyle" "what happened to the dragons" There are many different ideas to play into the plot, such as war, famine, attack, etc. Basically, live during this time despite everything trying to kill you (:

The plot is hinted, "why did we change from this lifestyle" "what happened to the dragons" There are many different ideas to play into the plot, such as war, famine, attack, etc. Basically, live during this time despite everything trying to kill you (:
Hmmmm, count me in.

This sounds really cool! Could I be a sort of servant for the Royal Family?
Such as the dragon breeder or something of the like?

Just wondering, are you going to expand this and give us either more info about the world or more context for the reason why our characters would be here at the ruins of the civilization?
The scene is many many years before the one we know now, our characters were born into this world. They were raised and have their own special part of the story. May that be a significant lover, a rival, or a tragic death.
As for more context about the world, that can be covered during the role play because if we are being honest, I am not going to go and create an extra page of information about this world, its creatures, and the NPCs just for people to 1. not read it. 2. Randomly stop replying during the role play. So everything will be covered in due time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back