• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Legend of the Legendary Mages [Open][Military Academy][Factions]

Hachi Machi

Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong
Thread Links

Interest Check
In Character Thread
Out of Character Thread
Character Sheets
Encyclopedia

The Legend of the Legendary Mages
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trail of Cold Steel, Akashic Records, Alderamin in the sky, Valkyrie Chronicles, and Fullmetal Alchemist are the five biggest sources of inspiration for this roleplay idea. All five sources focus on two central themes: Military and Magic. Those two themes will form the setting and plot for the role play. The role play will center around an Academy and multiple factions with differing ideals.

For this roleplay, you, the roleplayer, will create an academy student mage, academy teacher mage, military mage, or evil mage. For more information, select the "FACTIONS" and "ROLES" tabs.

Closing Statements

Thank you for reading my interest check. If you're interested, notify me in this thread of your interest. Also, If you have any other questions, or concerns, feel free to post them here in this interest check, and I'll answer them. I've probably forgot several important details, so I appreciate any feedback to correct any issues in my interest check.

Now, this is my only question to your characters, "Do you have what it takes to become a Legendary Mage?"

Last edited:
so we start as students or whatever at Jalder?

It depends on the character you want to create. Your character can be a student or one of the other different roles. All characters will start near or at Jalder Academy. Does that answer your question? I will have an objective and mission for each faction explaining why characters are all in the same area.

Not sure if I'm in quite yet, but do please reserve a spot for me in the time being!

I don't have a limit on spots, so take your time. If I may ask, what about the role play interests you?

Sounds neat. I'd like to see where this goes~

Does that mean you're interested in role playing the concept? If so, what do you find neat about the role play?

Curses ! It seems I came to late.
Well, if any Places open up later, I would be up for it.

There's no limit on spots. I just needed at least four other interested members before starting on the character sheets. What do you like about this role play idea?

"at least four other interested participants."

So maybe, just maybe, I can still sign up for this? ;3

You're correct. You can still sign up! Anything in particular from the role play concept that interests you?

If you're still looking this looks interesting, sign me up

I still got room for this RP. What is the idea from the interest check that strikes your interest the most?

Thank you everyone for your interest. Since we have at least four other interested members, I'll get started on the character sheets and have them done today or tomorrow depending on my schedule. If you have any questions for me in the meantime, feel free to ask.

I don't have a limit on spots, so don't worry about room.

Hachi Machi Hachi Machi I love how you asked everyone individually what about the roleplay concept interests them, instead of just asking everyone at once xD

I personally loved the idea of intertwining roles together to create a complex personality. In particular, I have a poker-faced character in mind, but I'd like to see what the others would create first.

The idea of military x magic has always been an interesting concept to me, since I love high-fantasy and action-packed stories, so seeing it presented here with a layer of deceit on top, instantly won me over <3

Hachi Machi Hachi Machi I love how you asked everyone individually what about the roleplay concept interests them, instead of just asking everyone at once xD

I personally loved the idea of intertwining roles together to create a complex personality. In particular, I have a poker-faced character in mind, but I'd like to see what the others would create first.

The idea of military x magic has always been an interesting concept to me, since I love high-fantasy and action-packed stories, so seeing it presented here with a layer of deceit on top, instantly won me over <3

Thank you for your answer. I probably could've asked everyone the same question, but I guess I did that so I could type a message to everyone individually.

What type of roles do you want for your poker faced character out of the ones currently listed? I'm interested in reading more about your character's concepts as well as what type of character you wish to create.

There will be multiple themes which will change or develop as the RP progresses. Military and Magic are the two main themes that will persist throughout the role play. Deceit will likely persist as well due to spies and undercover mages. I do know for a fact that as the RP continues, I will actively include suggestions and themes from other role players. So if there's a particular concept you want to see in the RP, just let me know.

I appreciate your comment. It helps me out a ton!

This is what I have been searching for! :D What interested me about this RP was the topic, which is not often explored, and the apparent effort and thought you already put into the IC, which indicates to me that you are very dedicated and will be more than capable to run an awesome RP! :)

However, I am on vacation for another week, so I have minimal time to RP, after that though, I should be able to meet the daily post limit just fine.

Thank you for your answer. I probably could've asked everyone the same question, but I guess I did that so I could type a message to everyone individually.

What type of roles do you want for your poker faced character out of the ones currently listed? I'm interested in reading more about your character's concepts as well as what type of character you wish to create.

There will be multiple themes which will change or develop as the RP progresses. Military and Magic are the two main themes that will persist throughout the role play. Deceit will likely persist as well due to spies and undercover mages. I do know for a fact that as the RP continues, I will actively include suggestions and themes from other role players. So if there's a particular concept you want to see in the RP, just let me know.

I appreciate your comment. It helps me out a ton!
No problem :)

I was initially planning for an evil mage infiltrating the school as an academy teacher, but to be honest, the teachers tend to stay on the sidelines whilst the students do most of the activities. So I may swap out for an undercover student instead, if I want more content to write about :P
(a teacher would be more mature than the student version, who would have less control.)

I haven't thought her through completely, as I was slightly waiting till the character sheet was up before brainstorming(I tend to do that because I forget things easily), but I want her to be a rather tricky character. She'll always have a smile on her face, and attempt to get on the good side of everyone despite how displeasing to her they may be. Her calm demeanor will be difficult to shake, but I'm planning to have landmines which will break her mask almost immediately, as well as times where she requires a break from too much acting. Once her mask breaks, she'll be out of commission for a while(take a few days off perhaps). Her drive will revolve around an insane thirst for knowledge and power, to gain revenge perhaps(for her past?). At her core, she might be rather pitiful.

'Discover the many places of the Kovolo continent, the secrets of ancient civilizations, and the empire's true purpose.' I would quite like the idea of exploring the continent, if you would like some more plot ideas ^^

Glad to help :3

This is what I have been searching for! :D What interested me about this RP was the topic, which is not often explored, and the apparent effort and thought you already put into the IC, which indicates to me that you are very dedicated and will be more than capable to run an awesome RP! :)

However, I am on vacation for another week, so I have minimal time to RP, after that though, I should be able to meet the daily post limit just fine.

Thank you. Your compliments flatter me. I've been dying to run or role play an idea centered around military mages, so I'm glad you like it as well. I have more details for the world but they're not fleshed out yet. I've only ran one other RP group, Auger Sign, so hopefully I can keep the same momentum and capapbilities as my other group.

Enjoy your vacation. I just added another requirement since your comment made me realize I forgot to state my rule on posting frequency. It's actually a weekly limit not a daily limit. The maximum one post per day is to allow others a chance to role play and catch up in the story. Although, I'll change it so a role player can only post again if another role player has posted after the prior role players post.

Does that mean you're interested in role playing the concept? If so, what do you find neat about the role play?

Yah~! Dunno about Akashic Records or Alderamin (only seen the first episode orz), but I am a fan of the Trails and Valkyria series so I guess I'm a bit eager to learn more about the setting. I love me a good world :9

I also have two initial questions about magic. :v

In terms of power and flexibility, how capable is magic? I'm thinking of making a "evil" mage character with magic based on spatial compression, so I wanna know how plausible it is and how I should limit it.

What powers magic? Is it an external thing where a resource is required like with orbal energy/ragnite, internal like mana/life force/qi or a mix of the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back