The Last Poster Wins

I doubt that'll really be the case. The full campaign thing. It's possible , yes , but it's unlikely given how the first one turned out. And to be fair , you can't already play Yoda in the original Battlefront II , which itself is a vastly superior game in my opinion. Then again , I always preferred the lesser of the three early 2000's Star Wars games - Republic Commando -as my one shooter I ever actually play. There was something truly new to that game that I've never seen another game utilize - the one-touch Squad controls and NPC allies that are close to your level. Though I do like that Disney seems to be putting out a story that focuses on the Imperial side at the trooper level , and isn't about them being insanely , stupidly evil.

I just hope they don't do anything too crazy with the story, especially since it's apparently canon. Makes me very nervous.

I just hope they don't do anything too crazy with the story, especially since it's apparently canon. Makes me very nervous.
So , you're worried they'll 'THE Force Unleashed' it?

Personally , I doubt that'll be the case. It'll probably ultimately lead into what apparently now is the Empire'a 'ultimate defeat' at Jakku , maybe go a little beyond and show what.. established the first order. (is the FO even that organized?!?)

So , you're worried they'll 'THE Force Unleashed' it?

Personally , I doubt that'll be the case. It'll probably ultimately lead into what apparently now is the Empire'a 'ultimate defeat' at Jakku , maybe go a little beyond and show what.. established the first order. (is the FO even that organized?!?)

Well yeah, that's what they said they would do. The thing is we know virtually nothing about what happened in that time period and the game is coming out before even Episode 8. They could do ANYTHING...and we'd have to accept it. Who the heck was that guy in the red dress? And seriously how did Luke allow himself to get flanked by a trooper...

And they did build a mega death star so I'm guessing the FO is at least a little organized haha.

I like to believe that was already there , because even out there , how the fuck could no-one know they were building a superweapon bigger than the both the bloody Death Stars combined? I mean , if it was like the BSG series where the empire surrendered and was allowed a sector of Space to just do whatever in that nobody lived in or cared about , sure , but that's not how that's been laid out. They went and hid out in the nearer edges of the unknown regions. And if people knew about them , and about their other vehicles and such , how did they not know there was a project going on that massive?

It's either that , or the Star Forge is Canon again and wasn't destroyed at the end of the Jedi Civil War. If that even happened anymore , given what Rebels did to Malachor. Or it could just be another Rakatan creation oriented towards destruction instead of creation , since it also derived power from a Star.

Haha "the first order was just a dream...until we found this planetary superweapon left over from the Rakatans" that would be pretty funny. But it seemed like from Ep. 7 it was something they've been working towards for a while. Yeah it does seem ridiculous that they would build it without anyone knowing. There's just too much in the air honestly, hence my concern.

Haha "the first order was just a dream...until we found this planetary superweapon left over from the Rakatans" that would be pretty funny. But it seemed like from Ep. 7 it was something they've been working towards for a while. Yeah it does seem ridiculous that they would build it without anyone knowing. There's just too much in the air honestly, hence my concern.
At this point I'm strongly preparing for Rogue One to be the high point of the New Canon (admit it , Rogue One was your favorite New-Canon thing so far too) , and for episode 8 and 9 to be terrible.

Not that I won't still be watching all this anyway. IMG_1481.JPG
Hooray for fanatacism!

I feel like Rogue One did more to add flavor , character and depth to the Star Wars Trilogy than frackin' 7 did. Everything in that film looked like things from ANH with slight differences. Where the hell were the A-Wings? TIE interceptors? Since rebels added them in , why isn't the First Order using TIE Defenders? Hell , that would be a smarter choice than just giving all the troopers new armor that does nothing but just make them look different from the Stormtroopers. Though judging by this toy I saw , they apparently have a fighter that is basically a TIE advanced with lengthened interceptor wings on it. Which looks.. kind of cool. Cooler than their regular TIE , which is just the same imperial LN in black. (The Special Forces one actually has viable differences , so I give it a pass). Really , there should be a First Order Chiss Clawcraft. That would be frackin' cool.

Back on topic , TFA felt more like the jumping off point for more movies than anything else. Which is fine , as long as those future movies are also good.

Rant warning :grinningteeth:

I don't know why, but I despise TFA.
Maybe I would have liked it a little more if it hadn't been spoiled.
But the only risky thing in the movie was also easily spoilable. Everything else was boring.
They had very minimal "wars" in it.
Phantom Menace had a scattering of action throughout.
Clone Wars had an amazing movie. It was brilliant. (I burned the first half)
Revenge of the Sith honestly has a lot of action in it, and has a decent plot as well. The movie opens with the second third most impressive space battle I've ever seen. And there was a lot of action.
New Hope didn't have much action, but what they did have was good.
Empire had lots of cat and mouse and plenty of action.
Return of the Jedi had an awesome ending. Paired with awesomeness throughout.
Rogue One was eh until the tank battle. Then it hit where TFA climaxed emotionally for me when the X-Wings showed up and blew up the base. Then it surprised me with the battle of Scarif. I didn't expect much, if any, space. I didn't expect what I did end up getting on the ground (About equal to my expectations from the trailers) I also didn't expect Vader to show up at the end, not that I'm complaining in the least.
The Force Awakens had um the tie chase thing with like two guys... the weird beasts thingy... the part where Finn fights a trooper with that thingy was ok... and the stuff that happened around that point in time that I forget. Oh and X Wings.
Is it bad that I don't remember a single thing about the Rey and Finn v. Kylo Ren battle because it was just that forgettable?
Plus, again, the only risky thing they did was kill a memorable character. Everything else was ancient kung fu find your mentor and A New Return of the Strikes Back: The Revamp.

The whole thing was boring. I had to constantly hype myself up during the movie and be like "... Oh wait this is Star Wars frick yeah! Woo!" My mind wandered a bunch. Never did that in Rogue One.
It's always awesome when your movie ENDS on a climax like Rogue One did and TFA didn't because its climax involved Han Solo. And ye.

I had a few favorite characters in it. BB-8 and everyone who was in a previous Star Wars movie. Kylo originally seemed like he could be cool but when he removed his mask I was done. Vader didn't remove his mask and comply with prisoners!

My favorite part of the movie was probably either when it ended or when that one dude was like "What you've brought me today is worth... one quarter portion." and CinemaSins was like "Gamestop."

Rant warning :grinningteeth:

I don't know why, but I despise TFA.
Maybe I would have liked it a little more if it hadn't been spoiled.
But the only risky thing in the movie was also easily spoilable. Everything else was boring.
They had very minimal "wars" in it.
Phantom Menace had a scattering of action throughout.
Clone Wars had an amazing movie. It was brilliant. (I burned the first half)
Revenge of the Sith honestly has a lot of action in it, and has a decent plot as well. The movie opens with the second third most impressive space battle I've ever seen. And there was a lot of action.
New Hope didn't have much action, but what they did have was good.
Empire had lots of cat and mouse and plenty of action.
Return of the Jedi had an awesome ending. Paired with awesomeness throughout.
Rogue One was eh until the tank battle. Then it hit where TFA climaxed emotionally for me when the X-Wings showed up and blew up the base. Then it surprised me with the battle of Scarif. I didn't expect much, if any, space. I didn't expect what I did end up getting on the ground (About equal to my expectations from the trailers) I also didn't expect Vader to show up at the end, not that I'm complaining in the least.
The Force Awakens had um the tie chase thing with like two guys... the weird beasts thingy... the part where Finn fights a trooper with that thingy was ok... and the stuff that happened around that point in time that I forget. Oh and X Wings.
Is it bad that I don't remember a single thing about the Rey and Finn v. Kylo Ren battle because it was just that forgettable?
Plus, again, the only risky thing they did was kill a memorable character. Everything else was ancient kung fu find your mentor and A New Return of the Strikes Back: The Revamp.

The whole thing was boring. I had to constantly hype myself up during the movie and be like "... Oh wait this is Star Wars frick yeah! Woo!" My mind wandered a bunch. Never did that in Rogue One.
It's always awesome when your movie ENDS on a climax like Rogue One did and TFA didn't because its climax involved Han Solo. And ye.

I had a few favorite characters in it. BB-8 and everyone who was in a previous Star Wars movie. Kylo originally seemed like he could be cool but when he removed his mask I was done. Vader didn't remove his mask and comply with prisoners!

My favorite part of the movie was probably either when it ended or when that one dude was like "What you've brought me today is worth... one quarter portion." and CinemaSins was like "Gamestop."
I quite liked the bit where they all pretty much died, the robot, blind guy and his friend. I found it quite saddening but I'm a bit soft-hearted xD
The whole bit with Rey's father though.. emotional at the time, but it was kinda boring to think about it afterwards. "Oh, I'm the only engineer good enough to do the job" was the only reason he was even relevant and it felt much more like a bad plot fill than anything else as they tried to make that loose "big weak point that blows up the death star" seem not quite so bad.

I'm sad when anyone dies, tbh. Except the unredeemable bad guy (Emperor and Maul).
Everyone else says they felt nothing when Reach characters died, and I still feel kind of sad to this day.
K2SO and the two dudes (I'm so bad at this... Chirrut and... Blaze or somethin') were the ones I felt sad about. I felt pride for Disney after the ending with Casian and Jyn. I was like "Wow... Disney. You actually did it. You redeemed yourself. You've done well." Then Vader showed up and I was in absolute shock at what happened. It was amazing. I had chills running up and down my spine. His entrance. The music shift (up until this point it was retro background. Suddenly, we hear dramatic vocals). The fluidity of the cinematography and the great highlight of what exactly makes Darth Vader... Darth Vader.

CinemaWins actually put a whole new light on it. It's actually pretty deep the way they explained it.
For example, when she starts breaking down crying, her world's been shattered.
Her dad is alive. Her dad is a good guy. The weight of the rebellion and, by extension, the galaxy, is on her shoudlers and her shoulders alone, when minutes before she wasn't going to look up to see the flag of the Empire. That is world-shattering, and so she responds accordingly.

It was sad at the time, but It's just know after I have time to think about it I.. well, think those thoughts. Things are different afterwards, but if you showed me that scene I'd still probably be crying my heart out xD

Basically, executed well but I kinda dislike the storyline

I literally watched the Death Star blow up Jedha City like 20 times. You've got to appreciate Empire technology.

And for the record...Revenge of the Sith is the best of them all.

unlimited-palpatine-unlimited-power.jpg

nuff said

You survived because your the main protagonist.... it takes toooo much energy to create another protagonist right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back