• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Last Kingdom | Viking / Norse History

Hi all.

I hope you’re having a lovely week so far. Tuesday is often a rough day, so close to the start, but you’ve got this.

I’m going to split this into three prompt sections: about me, about you, and about the roleplay. There won’t be any test of your loyalty hidden within, because, frankly, I prefer trust. However, to save us both wasted time, I do recommend you have a glimpse. It’s better we find we’re unsuitable to write together here, rather than much later down the line.

About me:-

* My name is Kassandra. Friends call me Kas or Kaz. I do prefer to be friendly with the people I write with. My longest standing roleplay partners, I’ve known them for 3-4 years. Friendship and writing is one hundred percent the best mix. Let’s make playlists together. Let’s spend hours googling aesthetic, making and finding fan videos with our faceclaims, messaging eachother potential scenarios and challenges ahead! Let’s inspire each other.

* That said. I am a lazy-lit writer. I am on the diagnosis path for ADHD, and do have periods of hyperfixation. I need someone patient, who won’t hound me and make writing feel like a chore. Some days, I will toss you 1-2 thousand words of mediocrity. Other days, I’ll hit my 3k average of best. If I’m passioned, I’ll send you 7k words. Often, I match what my partner gives to me. I need someone who can go with the flow, but also stick with me in rough tides.

* I’m twenty one, come September. I’m in my final year of university, doing psychology and hoping to become a professor. I love human behaviour, nitpicking at what makes people, makes characters, who they are and why. I’m also, as you could guess, an avid lover of history. Most kinds, in fact: Norse, British, Greek, Roman, Italian Renaissance, French Revolution, Austen Regency, Victorian, Modern American and European. You name it, i’m interested.

About you:-

* As noted before, I need a writing partner who is patient. I also prefer people who are at least casual literate. Short replies will make me disinterested. I often write two characters (double), this is not a requirement. Yet, note that my primary character preference is female.

* I do love writing romance, and would like it if you did too. Slow burn only, and there has to be character chemistry. I won’t force it. Romance can’t be primary focus either. Gimme two characters on their own paths, that meet at crossroads, destined by fate, by the Gods! Gimme a struggle between love and duty. Gimme a choice between the head and the heart. Relationships are supposed to be challenging. I need someone willing to get into the grit of them, the struggle, not to yearn for a happily ever after.

* Be open to writing background characters. Two characters, or four, does not an entire story make. I think of a story as a clock. Sure, the two hands portray the time, what you wish to read, but there is also a lot of hidden clockwork in the background. Let’s world build. Let’s make knights and priests, Saxons and Danes alike, all with their own smaller story. That being said, there is no need for complications. We do not need to venture too deep into the background, but it must be there no less.

About the story:-

* Ever seen The Last Kingdom? Perhaps the most underrated period drama to exist? No? No worries. The Last Kingdom centres around the Viking conquest of Anglo-Saxon England, and the battle between two sides for country, for god, for wealth and religion. I’m looking to write a story based in these times. This does not have to be set in the show, or even remotely related to the show, but this is my source of current inspiration.

* My favourite character is Ragnar Ragnarson. No spoilers for me, please. I’m only one Season 2, and late to this party. If we’re writing cannon, i’m hoping for someone to write as him. Or, alternatively, Finan. I can write as whomever, including Uhtred, if your wish. However, I am most certainly open to an original character world only.

Hey! Let's do something please!
I am currently on season 4 about to finish it soon and as you can probably see I love anything Viking related.
No spoilers will be hard :D But I'll restrain myself. Drop me a pm and we can talk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back