• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Last Adventure

JenniPerson said:
@littlemischief I was just wondering, does my characters need some work or something?? Cuz when you were accepting, you kinda skipped over them...but it's fine if I need to edit it.
I'm sorry! Your characters are accepted. I thought I had added them to one of the quotes, but I guess not. Sorry! ^^'

Ah, freaking time zones making me late to every conversation. xc

I actually dunno what I wanna put for relationships. My character's kind of that person who sits in the back and hands out snacks and plays guitar in her free time. xP Romantically, I'm not sure, but she'd be a pretty barbed and hesitant person.

Athenian said:
Ah, freaking time zones making me late to every conversation. xc
I actually dunno what I wanna put for relationships. My character's kind of that person who sits in the back and hands out snacks and plays guitar in her free time. xP Romantically, I'm not sure, but she'd be a pretty barbed and hesitant person.
Well all of these characters are already friends and have been since their childhood. Your character can't really be detatched with the group. They have to all have a certain connection not only with each individual, but the group as a whole as well. Sorry if that sounds not so great, but it's what I intended ^^'

@littlemischief Ah, I'm sorry, maybe I didn't phrase myself correctly!!! I didn't mean that she was really detatched, I just meant that romantically she might not be very open as she's currently in the closet and sort of in denial. ^^; Friendship wise, I'd say she's certainly a part of the group. I just meant for purely romantic relationships. c: I'm still not sure yet if she should have liked someone in the group before the trip, or have it start afterwards, hence the last sentence.

Ah, okay! Well we'll discuss relationships with everyone here and I'll try to hold off starting the actual rp until we all at least get some form of relationship in our cs :) @Athenian

Ah, I know that I don't necessarily want Alaric to have any relationships just yet, but Brenda is open.

@littlemischief I'm sorry, I should have clarified! I don't think I would want Alaric being in a romantic relationship with someone during the very beginning. I think it would be better if it happened later on, if someone would even want to.

Oh! Of course! Yeah, i prefer not to have crushes or anything for my characters until the role-play starts as well. Sorry, I haven't gotten much sleep and I've been stressing lately, so my brain is a bit slower than usual ^^' @Ambivert7501

Oh wow! This seems like my kind of roleplay! I just started, so it'll be great to have a fun, casual roleplay! Seems you need more males, so I'll whip up a character for you! :)

Alright! Character Posted. I hope you like it :)

Hey, just posted my character and I'm just getting the hang of the whole system. If it's not enough info or I missed something, let me know. I'd love feedback :3

Okay! If @Stoked911 's characters are female, we will only have two more male spots open and then we can begin the rp!

Well if @Keria Winston 's is because I'm fairly sure Garnet is female. lol

If Keira's is male, then we will have one spot left (male)

hey is there any space left? :)

if i'm not mistaken, if i create a male character and @Keira Winston 's character is also a male, then we'll have 7 females and 7 males in total

I'M FINALLY DONE! omg that took forever, the code was giving me so much trouble >:(

i'm so excited for this RP to start! idk why but i've recently been really into these high school friend group ones

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I finished making it and man it looks so fucking good I love it @littlemischief

And @Semblance

You and I need to talk relationships with our characters now xD

Stoked911 said:
OK I finished making it and man it looks so fucking good I love it @littlemischief
And @Semblance

You and I need to talk relationships with our characters now xD
ahahaha i'll PM you :)

@littlemischief oh also i was wondering if you had any plot in mind for this? or would it be completely character-driven? :)

If Keira's character is a male then yes, we'd be even and would start, but let's not add any pressure on her :) I love her characters and would like her to be able to decide for herself rather than for the group's sake :)

@Semblance So far, the plotline is quite simple; group of friends go on adventure, there are bumps and fights and outings and basically everything is let go/revealed and by the end of the trip, everyone is closer than ever and says their goodbyes with teary eyes :)

Damn, for some reason the BBCode wanted to glitch out, and now my CS is messed up :(

Screw it, I'll just fix it later xD

Here's a sneak peak to uh. Ashton's past and his relationship with Emilia. I didn't want to spoil but... I just couldn't keep the feels train from leaving. ;-;

Ashton and the school swim team had just got done with practice when a faint buzz came from his duffle bag. He quickly searched through the mess and answered it, immediately greeted by the sound of a feminine sob. He felt his heart drop.

"Mrs. Zhang?" He asked the woman, attempting to keep the panic he felt from showing. "Is everything okay?" Ashton wanted to shut out whatever her response was. He didn't want to listen because he didn't want it to be real. It couldn't. It was impossible.

"Her heart is failing. The doctor said she might not even have an hour left. Please come to the hospital..." Mrs. Zhang forced through her harsh sobbing. Ashton could hear the cooeing of her husband on the other end of the line as well has his heart beat, which seemed to be pounding in his ears.

The call then ended.

Ashton grabbed his things and dashed out the building. He was sprinting so quickly that the strong winds were making his eyes water, although some of the tears were from the pain he felt in his chest.

Olivia... Olivia... Olivia... "OLIVIA!" Ashton shouted when he burst through the hospital room doors. His eyes had to quickly adjust to the white walls and small crowd of people that surrounded a bed. On the bed laid a girl with pitch black hair. Her caramel brown eyes were fluttering as a small smile grew on her face.

"A..Ash.. Ashton.." she breathed as he neared her. Ashton caressed her cheek gently, not paying attention to the crowd that was now leaving.

"Hi, Olivia baby. I'm here." Ashton murmured as he climbed into small hospital bed, letting her place her head in the crook of his neck.

Olivia couldn't help but put on a smile for all the people that surrounded her. Don't get her wrong, she was scared to death (no pun intended) about what was going to happen, but she couldn't stand to see her friends and family so sad. Her friend Emilia, the one who introduced her and the love of her life, sat at the foot of the bed, a sad smile on her features and glassy eyes, though she didn't shed a tear. Olivia guessed it was for her own sake; Emily knew Olivia well enough that she was trying to be strong for her rather than sobbing like the rest of the people in the room. Olivia patted her small friend's hand and gave her a wink, a sort of insider between the trio of friends that everything would be okay. She looked away when she saw Emily look down, her curly hair blocking the dimpled face she knew had crumpled and now had tears flowing from it.

Olivia took a deep breath, or well tried to. It was quite difficult to breathe; the motion used a lot of the little energy she had left. She looked up at the monitor that kept track of her heart beat and watched as the little waves became smaller. Olivia frowned at it.
No, not yet. I have to wait for Ash-- "OLIVIA!" A small smile returned to the girl's face. Right on time, just as usual. "A..Ash..Ashton.." she breathed as he neared her. Emily had gotten up from the bed and leaned over the frail girl, placing a kiss on her cool forehead and murmured "I'll see you later, babe," before walking around and giving Ashton a pat on the shoulder and then exiting the room. Neither of them really noticed.

As Ashton caressed her cheek, she leaned into his hand with a small smile and shiny eyes. When he climbed into the bed, she laid her head in the crook of his neck and took a deep breath, inhaling his familiar and comforting scent. The little hills on the heart monitor grew smaller and the beeps become slower as if in protest of Olivia's attempt to breathe. "Thank you for coming, Ash..." she said, her voice barely above a whisper. She snuggled into him the best she could, her body too weak to move much. Talking had already taken so much out of her. "Will you hold me?" The brown eyed girl asked, eyes closed. She was just so
tired.

"Will you hold me?"

The question sent a wave of pain to Ashton's heart. He wished he was in her place. That he was the one lying in the white bed, white room, white everything. He could feel the room get smaller. It was suffocating him and all he could do was wrap his arms around the frail girl before him, as if that would protect her. "Yeah yeah. Of course." He choked quietly, forcing his tears to stay back and voice to remain neutral.

He stroked her silky black hair gently and hummed a tune to one of their favorite songs. They discovered they both loved Arctic Monkeys 'I Wanna Be Yours' on their first date. In fact, at the end of the night he ended up asking Olivia to be his girlfriend.

"Hey, Olivia?" He waited for a response. "Remember the night we went on our first date? I was so nervous when I asked you. Emilia had to come over to help me find an outfit and everything. When I saw you standing near that beach, you have no idea how utterly beautiful or how utterly and undeniably hard I fell for you at that moment. The way you turned and your hair seemed to sparkling from the sunlight. God, you were so perfect. And when you smiled, I could feel my chest pounding and my mind screaming 'she's the one.'"

"Hey, Olivia?" He waited for a response again. "Do you remember that time we went to that knew milkshake place and I made you laugh so hard that it came out of your nose?" Ashton chuckled softly at the memory and he sighed in relief when he felt Olivia do the same.

"Hey, Olivia?" He waited. "Do you remember your dad meeting me for the first time? I was outside making a stereotypical Asian joke about how he'll ask me a bunch of questions about my education and background. And your dad was standing right at the doorway. Man I was so scared, I almost ran off, but then he smiled and welcomed me in as if he knew me my whole life."

"Hey, Olivia?" Ashton continued to ask and each time he'd add a memory until finally...

"Hey, Olivia?" No response. Ashton ignored the beeping of the heart monitor and he could feel his eyes begin to fill with tears. "Olive? Hey Olive?" His voice cracked as tears fell, a torn smile still on his lips. He looked at her face and caressed her cheek, pushing a strand of hair away. "Olivia, baby. Come on... sing with me...
Secrets that are held in my heart... are harder to hide than I thought... Olivia... please..." Ashton cried loudly as he tried to hold onto her body, the crowd walking in. Tears were streaming down everyone's faces.

A part of Ashton's heart left him and he had never felt so alone.

"Yeah yeah. Of course." A soft sigh escaped from between they girl's pale pink lips as she was once again wrapped in Ashton's embrace. He still made her heart flutter and her stomach do flips.

As Ashton stroked her hair, Olivia fought to stay awake. She was just so comfortable,
he was so comfortable. A small tilt of her lips showed her contentedness with being on that small bed with the boy. When he started humming their favorite song, her mind began to play it in her head. She wanted to hum along, but decided against it.

"Hey, Olivia?" Olivia's eyebrows shot up, though her eyes didn't open. "Yes?" she said quietly. "Remember that night on our first date?..." Olivia's smile widened ever so slightly as he told her about their first date. A slight blush covered her cheeks the further he got into his recall, though it was pale compared to the bright red they used to turn.

"Hey, Olivia?" Olivia shuffled slightly in attempt to snuggle closer to him. "Mhmm...?" she murmured, head still in the crook of his shoulder, eyes still closed. "Do you remember that time we went to that new milkshake place..." Olivia chuckled softly at the memory. She was so embarrassed, but Ashton had looked at her like she had gold running out of her nostrils rather than strawberry milkshake.

"Hey, Olivia?" Olivia took a bit longer to answer this time, lost in her memories much like one gets lost between reality and dreams while on the verge of sleep. "Hm?" Her voice was breathy, the little hills lower than before and the beeps noticeably slower. She attempted a smile at Ashton's memory of the first time meeting her father, but only the corner of her mouth twitched up.

"Hey, Olivia?" Ashton continued to remind her of their memories and time spent together, filling her mind and heart with happy thoughts. She did her best to answer him until finally...

"Hey, Olivia?" The monitor let out two last tiny hills and beeps before flatlining, the beep going from multiple, far apart boops, to one long, silence slicing beep.

~

Emilia was standing by the door when she heard the flatline. She immediately burst into the room and sprinted to the bed where her two closest friends lay. A sob escaped her lips, her hand immediately slamming over her mouth as if that would take it back, make it all go away, wake her up from this nightmare. She saw Ashton crying loudly, and Olivia laying lifelessly in his arms. She turned away, unable to see what was left of her friend. She turned to the tall male and wrapped her arms around him. "Ash, Ashton...." Her heart broke as he leaded with Olivia's body, as he begged her to sing along with him to their favorite song. The doctors came in and told Emilia that she needed to get Ashton out of there. A nurse took out the girl's chart and unplugged the annoying machine with it's endless beep and straight lines, though Emily still heard it even after it stopped. She grabbed Ashton's shoulders and placed her forehead against his temple. "Ashton, please... come on..." She placed her hands on his and directed his attention from Olivia to herself, her face stern and composed though tears flowed freely from her brown eyes. She placed her hands on either side of his face, forcing him up off the bed, forcing him to listen to her as the doctors announced Olivia's time and date of death, forcing him to look at her as they covered Olivia's lifeless body with a white sheet. "She's gone, babe. She gone..." Another sob escaped her lips and her body shook, but she somehow held herself together just enough for Ashton. Ashton needed her. Olivia's last words to her rang in her ears.
"Take care of him. I'll see you later, babe."

Fivn said:
Here's a sneak peak to uh. Ashton's past and his relationship with Emilia. I didn't want to spoil but... I just couldn't keep the feels train from leaving. ;-;
Ashton and the school swim team had just got done with practice when a faint buzz came from his duffle bag. He quickly searched through the mess and answered it, immediately greeted by the sound of a feminine sob. He felt his heart drop.

"Mrs. Zhang?" He asked the woman, attempting to keep the panic he felt from showing. "Is everything okay?" Ashton wanted to shut out whatever her response was. He didn't want to listen because he didn't want it to be real. It couldn't. It was impossible.

"Her heart is failing. The doctor said she might not even have an hour left. Please come to the hospital..." Mrs. Zhang forced through her harsh sobbing. Ashton could hear the cooeing of her husband on the other end of the line as well has his heart beat, which seemed to be pounding in his ears.

The call then ended.

Ashton grabbed his things and dashed out the building. He was sprinting so quickly that the strong winds were making his eyes water, although some of the tears were from the pain he felt in his chest.

Olivia... Olivia... Olivia... "OLIVIA!" Ashton shouted when he burst through the hospital room doors. His eyes had to quickly adjust to the white walls and small crowd of people that surrounded a bed. On the bed laid a girl with pitch black hair. Her caramel brown eyes were fluttering as a small smile grew on her face.

"A..Ash.. Ashton.." she breathed as he neared her. Ashton caressed her cheek gently, not paying attention to the crowd that was now leaving.

"Hi, Olivia baby. I'm here." Ashton murmured as he climbed into small hospital bed, letting her place her head in the crook of his neck.

Olivia couldn't help but put on a smile for all the people that surrounded her. Don't get her wrong, she was scared to death (no pun intended) about what was going to happen, but she couldn't stand to see her friends and family so sad. Her friend Emilia, the one who introduced her and the love of her life, sat at the foot of the bed, a sad smile on her features and glassy eyes, though she didn't shed a tear. Olivia guessed it was for her own sake; Emily knew Olivia well enough that she was trying to be strong for her rather than sobbing like the rest of the people in the room. Olivia patted her small friend's hand and gave her a wink, a sort of insider between the trio of friends that everything would be okay. She looked away when she saw Emily look down, her curly hair blocking the dimpled face she knew had crumpled and now had tears flowing from it.

Olivia took a deep breath, or well tried to. It was quite difficult to breathe; the motion used a lot of the little energy she had left. She looked up at the monitor that kept track of her heart beat and watched as the little waves became smaller. Olivia frowned at it.
No, not yet. I have to wait for Ash-- "OLIVIA!" A small smile returned to the girl's face. Right on time, just as usual. "A..Ash..Ashton.." she breathed as he neared her. Emily had gotten up from the bed and leaned over the frail girl, placing a kiss on her cool forehead and murmured "I'll see you later, babe," before walking around and giving Ashton a pat on the shoulder and then exiting the room. Neither of them really noticed.

As Ashton caressed her cheek, she leaned into his hand with a small smile and shiny eyes. When he climbed into the bed, she laid her head in the crook of his neck and took a deep breath, inhaling his familiar and comforting scent. The little hills on the heart monitor grew smaller and the beeps become slower as if in protest of Olivia's attempt to breathe. "Thank you for coming, Ash..." she said, her voice barely above a whisper. She snuggled into him the best she could, her body too weak to move much. Talking had already taken so much out of her. "Will you hold me?" The brown eyed girl asked, eyes closed. She was just so
tired.

"Will you hold me?"

The question sent a wave of pain to Ashton's heart. He wished he was in her place. That he was the one lying in the white bed, white room, white everything. He could feel the room get smaller. It was suffocating him and all he could do was wrap his arms around the frail girl before him, as if that would protect her. "Yeah yeah. Of course." He choked quietly, forcing his tears to stay back and voice to remain neutral.

He stroked her silky black hair gently and hummed a tune to one of their favorite songs. They discovered they both loved Arctic Monkeys 'I Wanna Be Yours' on their first date. In fact, at the end of the night he ended up asking Olivia to be his girlfriend.

"Hey, Olivia?" He waited for a response. "Remember the night we went on our first date? I was so nervous when I asked you. Emilia had to come over to help me find an outfit and everything. When I saw you standing near that beach, you have no idea how utterly beautiful or how utterly and undeniably hard I fell for you at that moment. The way you turned and your hair seemed to sparkling from the sunlight. God, you were so perfect. And when you smiled, I could feel my chest pounding and my mind screaming 'she's the one.'"

"Hey, Olivia?" He waited for a response again. "Do you remember that time we went to that knew milkshake place and I made you laugh so hard that it came out of your nose?" Ashton chuckled softly at the memory and he sighed in relief when he felt Olivia do the same.

"Hey, Olivia?" He waited. "Do you remember your dad meeting me for the first time? I was outside making a stereotypical Asian joke about how he'll ask me a bunch of questions about my education and background. And your dad was standing right at the doorway. Man I was so scared, I almost ran off, but then he smiled and welcomed me in as if he knew me my whole life."

"Hey, Olivia?" Ashton continued to ask and each time he'd add a memory until finally...

"Hey, Olivia?" No response. Ashton ignored the beeping of the heart monitor and he could feel his eyes begin to fill with tears. "Olive? Hey Olive?" His voice cracked as tears fell, a torn smile still on his lips. He looked at her face and caressed her cheek, pushing a strand of hair away. "Olivia, baby. Come on... sing with me...
Secrets that are held in my heart... are harder to hide than I thought... Olivia... please..." Ashton cried loudly as he tried to hold onto her body, the crowd walking in. Tears were streaming down everyone's faces.

A part of Ashton's heart left him and he had never felt so alone.

"Yeah yeah. Of course." A soft sigh escaped from between they girl's pale pink lips as she was once again wrapped in Ashton's embrace. He still made her heart flutter and her stomach do flips.

As Ashton stroked her hair, Olivia fought to stay awake. She was just so comfortable,
he was so comfortable. A small tilt of her lips showed her contentedness with being on that small bed with the boy. When he started humming their favorite song, her mind began to play it in her head. She wanted to hum along, but decided against it.

"Hey, Olivia?" Olivia's eyebrows shot up, though her eyes didn't open. "Yes?" she said quietly. "Remember that night on our first date?..." Olivia's smile widened ever so slightly as he told her about their first date. A slight blush covered her cheeks the further he got into his recall, though it was pale compared to the bright red they used to turn.

"Hey, Olivia?" Olivia shuffled slightly in attempt to snuggle closer to him. "Mhmm...?" she murmured, head still in the crook of his shoulder, eyes still closed. "Do you remember that time we went to that new milkshake place..." Olivia chuckled softly at the memory. She was so embarrassed, but Ashton had looked at her like she had gold running out of her nostrils rather than strawberry milkshake.

"Hey, Olivia?" Olivia took a bit longer to answer this time, lost in her memories much like one gets lost between reality and dreams while on the verge of sleep. "Hm?" Her voice was breathy, the little hills lower than before and the beeps noticeably slower. She attempted a smile at Ashton's memory of the first time meeting her father, but only the corner of her mouth twitched up.

"Hey, Olivia?" Ashton continued to remind her of their memories and time spent together, filling her mind and heart with happy thoughts. She did her best to answer him until finally...

"Hey, Olivia?" The monitor let out two last tiny hills and beeps before flatlining, the beep going from multiple, far apart boops, to one long, silence slicing beep.

~

Emilia was standing by the door when she heard the flatline. She immediately burst into the room and sprinted to the bed where her two closest friends lay. A sob escaped her lips, her hand immediately slamming over her mouth as if that would take it back, make it all go away, wake her up from this nightmare. She saw Ashton crying loudly, and Olivia laying lifelessly in his arms. She turned away, unable to see what was left of her friend. She turned to the tall male and wrapped her arms around him. "Ash, Ashton...." Her heart broke as he leaded with Olivia's body, as he begged her to sing along with him to their favorite song. The doctors came in and told Emilia that she needed to get Ashton out of there. A nurse took out the girl's chart and unplugged the annoying machine with it's endless beep and straight lines, though Emily still heard it even after it stopped. She grabbed Ashton's shoulders and placed her forehead against his temple. "Ashton, please... come on..." She placed her hands on his and directed his attention from Olivia to herself, her face stern and composed though tears flowed freely from her brown eyes. She placed her hands on either side of his face, forcing him up off the bed, forcing him to listen to her as the doctors announced Olivia's time and date of death, forcing him to look at her as they covered Olivia's lifeless body with a white sheet. "She's gone, babe. She gone..." Another sob escaped her lips and her body shook, but she somehow held herself together just enough for Ashton. Ashton needed her. Olivia's last words to her rang in her ears.
"Take care of him. I'll see you later, babe."
Well ow, right in the feels.

Took me a bit, but I got the relationships up. Screw responsibility and things I'm supposed to be doing, lol xD

littlemischief said:
Okay! If @Stoked911 's characters are female, we will only have two more male spots open and then we can begin the rp!

Well if @Keria Winston 's is because I'm fairly sure Garnet is female. lol

If Keira's is male, then we will have one spot left (male)
Mine is a female

Just clearing things up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back