• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The King of Keshland

Atticus had to raise an eyebrow when said woman mentioned it was also her fault. But he saw how she started to act weird, which kinda made him confuse, since he wasn't sure what could confuse someone that quickly. At least he was confused by her expression until she questioned him on why he wasn't on a carriage, but instead how he was walking the dirt road. "Ah excuse me, does it seem to bother you? I though it was common for someone who wants some fresh air to just walk around without any guards and servant, it just feels liberating to just walk here and talk with the common folks who are working hard to make their keeps." He said to her. I mean it sure was rare for a nobleman to walk the streets without guards to guard them, but unlike other nobleman's, he knew how to protect himself. He even had a hidden knife on his boots in case it became dangerous. "Right now I was just walking and enjoying my first time here on Keshland."
Spacing Out Spacing Out

"Well it's not as common as you may think, though it would be nice if it became the norm. Your presence here doesn't bother me, it's nice to meet someone new." Delphine remarked. "Since it is your first time here, May I be the first to say welcome to Keshland. There's a lot of attractions here. Traveling troupes stop here from time to time, Gypsies playing music on the streets along with their dancers and fortune-tellers." The smile that remained painted on her face was genuine as she continued on. "But if you really want to hear some remarkable tales and play out your gambling skills, I'd suggest going to a tavern. It's nothing like ale and wine that makes a man speak his mind."

"You may want to change your clothes before you do anything else. You seem well suited for winter but I'm afraid that the season passed months ago, I bet your sweating like a sinner in church under that fur coat." Delphine proceeded to point down the road. "There's a shop only a couple of feet down the road from here. It might be cheaper clothing than what you may be use to but it will suffice for now."
Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Avlina waves as the princess and Taruka head back to the castle. "I hope she's alright.." She says frowning slighty, before turning to Ezekiel. "How have you been since my little escapade last night?" She asks, blushing lightly at the memory. She strokes Shadowmere's fur lightly, leaning her head against his side. She sighed lightly, content and able to relax now that she was alone with Ez. "What do you think of this King Daniel my father wants me to marry?" She asks, more trusting in Ezekiel's opinion than his.

LullDayBreak13 LullDayBreak13

Avlina waves as the princess and Taruka head back to the castle. "I hope she's alright.." She says frowning slighty, before turning to Ezekiel. "How have you been since my little escapade last night?" She asks, blushing lightly at the memory. She strokes Shadowmere's fur lightly, leaning her head against his side. She sighed lightly, content and able to relax now that she was alone with Ez. "What do you think of this King Daniel my father wants me to marry?" She asks, more trusting in Ezekiel's opinion than his.

Ezekiel chuckles and sits down beside her and thought of the things he did last night. He was at a pub, drinking alone and had a bit chat with some guys there when some women walked over to him to flirt a bit but he declined them politely and he finally thought of an answer. "Well, I went out to drink a bit at a pub, then I went home and slept soundly." he left the part where women flirted with him last night since it wasn't really important. Sometimes the princess would ask him things like this which was nice, catching up on things. "And I do hope you had a good night's sleep since you drank a bit too much last night." he flicked her forehead. "Still young and already drinking that much." concerned about her health. But when she asked him about the whole marriage thing, he answered "Hmm well if it's for the good of Ivrazia, I think your father is just doing what is right..." he looked up at the sky. And paused for a bit and remembered what he told her last night at the library and smiles a bit. "But then, I think it isn't right to force you to marry someone who you don't even have feelings for. Yeah, he is the king but that doesn't mean he has to control your every decision for you." he grins and turns to face Avlina and pats her head gently. "Besides, you are Avlina, screw being the princess. The Avlina I know is someone who will do anything to get what she wants. She is also the girl I know who will embarrass his father during a banquet and get drunk and not care about it the next day." he said while the last line was just to tease her a bit.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

Ezekiel chuckles and sits down beside her and thought of the things he did last night. He was at a pub, drinking alone and had a bit chat with some guys there when some women walked over to him to flirt a bit but he declined them politely and he finally thought of an answer. "Well, I went out to drink a bit at a pub, then I went home and slept soundly." he left the part where women flirted with him last night since it wasn't really important. Sometimes the princess would ask him things like this which was nice, catching up on things. "And I do hope you had a good night's sleep since you drank a bit too much last night." he flicked her forehead. "Still young and already drinking that much." concerned about her health. But when she asked him about the whole marriage thing, he answered "Hmm well if it's for the good of Ivrazia, I think your father is just doing what is right..." he looked up at the sky. And paused for a bit and remembered what he told her last night at the library and smiles a bit. "But then, I think it isn't right to force you to marry someone who you don't even have feelings for. Yeah, he is the king but that doesn't mean he has to control your every decision for you." he grins and turns to face Avlina and pats her head gently. "Besides, you are Avlina, screw being the princess. The Avlina I know is someone who will do anything to get what she wants. She is also the girl I know who will embarrass his father during a banquet and get drunk and not care about it the next day." he said while the last line was just to tease her a bit.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

"I was bored, and frustrated with societal standards." She said, pouting lightly. "I'm glad you had a nice night though and I did sleep well." She smiled at him, relaxing back against Shadowmere as she listened to his words. "Who cares if I embarrass him?" She huffed lightly. "He's not pushing marriage 'for the good of Ivrazia,' he's pushing it to keep me out of Ivrazia. I'd love to go home but he's ordered Lord Jorma to keep me here. Every time I try to leave Jorma's guards drag me back." Avlina's eyes turned a dark grey as she thought of being kept from her Kingdom. "It's not fair.. I lost mother and father is so power hungry he won't allow me around. I'm trapped here alone being forced to meet suitor after suitor that i don't care to know."

"I was bored, and frustrated with societal standards." She said, pouting lightly. "I'm glad you had a nice night though and I did sleep well." She smiled at him, relaxing back against Shadowmere as she listened to his words. "Who cares if I embarrass him?" She huffed lightly. "He's not pushing marriage 'for the good of Ivrazia,' he's pushing it to keep me out of Ivrazia. I'd love to go home but he's ordered Lord Jorma to keep me here. Every time I try to leave Jorma's guards drag me back." Avlina's eyes turned a dark grey as she thought of being kept from her Kingdom. "It's not fair.. I lost mother and father is so power hungry he won't allow me around. I'm trapped here alone being forced to meet suitor after suitor that i don't care to know."

Ezekiel sighed thought about how harsh her parents treat her sometimes. When they were back at Ivrazia and back inside the palace, it always had a cold atmosphere between her parents sometimes that servants wouldn't look them in the eye. But Ezekiel would just observe everyone and how they would interact with one another. He adjusted his glasses and and cups her cheek with his hand gently and said "How about we stop thinking about those suitors of yours and maybe focus more on looking for a guy you will actually like. Sounds good?" he grins and rubs her cheek with his thumb before letting go and he leans against Shadowmere.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

Last edited:
Ezekiel sighed thought about how harsh her parents treat her sometimes. When they were back at Ivrazia and back inside the palace, it always had a cold atmosphere between her parents sometimes that servants wouldn't look them in the eye. But Ezekiel would just observe everyone and how they would interact with one another. He adjusted his glasses and and cups her cheek with his hand gently and said "How about we stop thinking about those suitors of yours and maybe focus more on looking for a guy you will actually like. Sounds good?" he grins and rubs her cheek with his thumb before letting go and he leans against Shadowmere.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

Avlina lowered her eyes to her lap, thinking of her past and family. She blushed lightly as Ezekiel cupped her cheek, not accustomed to any sort of intimacy with others. Lifting her gaze to his, she smiled and nodded. "That sounds like a good plan." She said softly before giving him a slightly mischievous grin. "You've got your work cut out for you though. He has to love books of course, be courageous and adventurous, I don't want some stuck up prince who thinks he's the gods gift to woman." She shook her head lightly at the thought of some of the pretentious suitors she'd been forced to meet. "Someone that's kind, good humored, that isn't afraid to dance barefoot in a stream." She leans back against the horse and smiles at him. "Do you think you can find someone like that?"

Atticus had listened to her as she welcomed him to Keshland while at the same time telling him the places he could but he had to frown when she mentioned how he needed to change his clothes. "While I'm grateful for your concern on my attire, it is not necessary." The only reason he had worm it today was because he hadn't really wanted to switch out his clothes, and mostly because it would had been troublesome for him. "While it's true the weather is different here, I am gonna be alright with the clothing I am wearing for now, after all, where I come from, it is always cold." He knew once he arrived back to where he was staying, he was gonna send one of the servant to go fetch him some clothes that he could wear here. "By tomorrow I will gave the different clothes, but for now, I am alright with what I'm wearing, but thank you for suggesting such a place." He said to her at the end. Now that he looked closer at her face, he could see some paint on her right cheek. "If you don't mind me asking, why has though have paint on your cheek?" He questioned while tilting his head to the side.
Spacing Out Spacing Out

Avlina lowered her eyes to her lap, thinking of her past and family. She blushed lightly as Ezekiel cupped her cheek, not accustomed to any sort of intimacy with others. Lifting her gaze to his, she smiled and nodded. "That sounds like a good plan." She said softly before giving him a slightly mischievous grin. "You've got your work cut out for you though. He has to love books of course, be courageous and adventurous, I don't want some stuck up prince who thinks he's the gods gift to woman." She shook her head lightly at the thought of some of the pretentious suitors she'd been forced to meet. "Someone that's kind, good humored, that isn't afraid to dance barefoot in a stream." She leans back against the horse and smiles at him. "Do you think you can find someone like that?"
Ezekiel tries to think of someone who has those features and personality. 'Hmmm.... I know someone who likes books but I guess he has a bit of temper problem... so not him... maybe his brother? No.... not him..' he thought and shakes his head. "I know some people but didn't really fit your taste..." she told Avlina. He felt a bit jealous from her being beside another man one day and thought of this "Oh hey, if you don't find someone, how about considering me?" he teases her and chuckles, saying it like it was a natural thing. But it was slightly obvious that he was blushing from his cheeks up to his ears.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

"Oh, I didn't notice I had paint on my face. Thank you for telling me." Delphine said, slightly embarrassed by not seeing it before. She attempted to wipe off the paint from her cheek but was unsuccessful. "I am an Artisan. I am aiming to be a Jack of all trades, but Painting is my strong point. I doubt that you have seen my artworks in the past." She replied modestly. " In fact, The reason why I've been strolling around is because I need new supplies for my piece. The problem is I don't know what my new artwork will be. I've been suffering from a creative block for a day or so and is in desperate need of finding a muse." Creative blocks were unusual to her but when it did place itself in her mind, it was difficult to get rid off.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Ezekiel tries to think of someone who has those features and personality. 'Hmmm.... I know someone who likes books but I guess he has a bit of temper problem... so not him... maybe his brother? No.... not him..' he thought and shakes his head. "I know some people but didn't really fit your taste..." she told Avlina. He felt a bit jealous from her being beside another man one day and thought of this "Oh hey, if you don't find someone, how about considering me?" he teases her and chuckles, saying it like it was a natural thing. But it was slightly obvious that he was blushing from his cheeks up to his ears.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

Avlina blushed lightly at the thought of being with Ezekiel, but quickly masked it by teasing him back. "Well at least I don't hate you.. And you do love books." She grinned at him, hoping he didn't notice the blush. Your courageous and good humored too, someone I could have an adventure with. She thought as she tipped her head, watching him. "If I manage to avoid all of fathers matches and don't find anyone, you'll be at the top of my list."

Avlina blushed lightly at the thought of being with Ezekiel, but quickly masked it by teasing him back. "Well at least I don't hate you.. And you do love books." She grinned at him, hoping he didn't notice the blush. Your courageous and good humored too, someone I could have an adventure with. She thought as she tipped her head, watching him. "If I manage to avoid all of fathers matches and don't find anyone, you'll be at the top of my list."
Ezekiel chuckles and faces her, noticing she tilted her hear made her look rather cute. "Of course, and I'll be waiting for you then." he grins and takes out the books her bought. He went silent for a moment while remembering a book that her father burned when she was a kid. Avlina told him about it one time and he chuckled just remembering it. "Remember the book you told me about? The one your father burnt." he gives it to Avlina. "I was glad I saw another copy of this back at that little book shop, so I thought of you when I saw it. This is a gift from me." he smiled after handing the book over to her.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

Ezekiel chuckles and faces her, noticing she tilted her hear made her look rather cute. "Of course, and I'll be waiting for you then." he grins and takes out the books her bought. He went silent for a moment while remembering a book that her father burned when she was a kid. Avlina told him about it one time and he chuckled just remembering it. "Remember the book you told me about? The one your father burnt." he gives it to Avlina. "I was glad I saw another copy of this back at that little book shop, so I thought of you when I saw it. This is a gift from me." he smiled after handing the book over to her.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

Avlina blushed a little brighter when he mentioned waiting for her. "Father never did like me getting 'fanciful' ideas in my head." She stated sadly at the mention of the burned book. She grinned as she saw him pull the book out. Taking it from him, she ran her hand over the cover, tracing the images of faeries. "Ez.. Thank you." She leaned over to hug him, ecstatic over the gift.

Avlina blushed a little brighter when he mentioned waiting for her. "Father never did like me getting 'fanciful' ideas in my head." She stated sadly at the mention of the burned book. She grinned as she saw him pull the book out. Taking it from him, she ran her hand over the cover, tracing the images of faeries. "Ez.. Thank you." She leaned over to hug him, ecstatic over the gift.
Ezekiel smiles and welcomes the hug. Placing his arms around her while his other hand strokes her hair gently and said "I knew that it meant a lot to you and I'm glad I finally found it." he said. Women really are soft creatures aren't they? He felt it as he was hugging her and moves her to face her.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

Ezekiel smiles and welcomes the hug. Placing his arms around her while his other hand strokes her hair gently and said "I knew that it meant a lot to you and I'm glad I finally found it." he said. Women really are soft creatures aren't they? He felt it as he was hugging her and moves her to face her.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

It was really sweet of him to find this for me.. No ones done something this nice for me since mama.. She shook the sad thought away and hugged him tighter, enjoying being held. She smiled as he pet her hair, "It means a lot that you'd go through the trouble to find it for me." She said quietly, touched by the effort. "I'll treasure it always." She said with a smile. Not just because of what it is but because its from you. She added silently.

It was really sweet of him to find this for me.. No ones done something this nice for me since mama.. She shook the sad thought away and hugged him tighter, enjoying being held. She smiled as he pet her hair, "It means a lot that you'd go through the trouble to find it for me." She said quietly, touched by the effort. "I'll treasure it always." She said with a smile. Not just because of what it is but because its from you. She added silently.
After awhile, Ezekiel lets her go and said "Wanna go over to Town's Market? Maybe you'll find something good there to buy? Or do you wanna stay here and read that book?" he asked and pets Shadowmere's fur as it was now sleeping behind them. He looked at the old book that was now Avlina's. He chuckled and imagined her already reading it before going to bed.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

After awhile, Ezekiel lets her go and said "Wanna go over to Town's Market? Maybe you'll find something good there to buy? Or do you wanna stay here and read that book?" he asked and pets Shadowmere's fur as it was now sleeping behind them. He looked at the old book that was now Avlina's. He chuckled and imagined her already reading it before going to bed.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

Avlina sighed as he pulled away, missing the contact, but smiled at the mention of town. "I think I'll save reading it for tonight. Exploring the market sounds good. A servant mentioned another party tonight and it'd be nice to not be a princess for a little while beforehand." She placed the book into her saddlebag before opening a hidden compartment on the back of the saddle. Taking her tiara off, she tucked into the padded compartment and then closed it, making sure it locked into place. "You up to exploring the market with the traveling dancer Lina?" She asked with a mischievous grin.

Avlina sighed as he pulled away, missing the contact, but smiled at the mention of town. "I think I'll save reading it for tonight. Exploring the market sounds good. A servant mentioned another party tonight and it'd be nice to not be a princess for a little while beforehand." She placed the book into her saddlebag before opening a hidden compartment on the back of the saddle. Taking her tiara off, she tucked into the padded compartment and then closed it, making sure it locked into place. "You up to exploring the market with the traveling dancer Lina?" She asked with a mischievous grin.

Ezekiel watched her put the book and her crown safe in some pockets of the saddle before he gets on the horse and said "Well, it looks like I'll be with a lovely lady today." he said pulleling her up to seat in front of her as he starts riding off with her and Shadowmere to their destination.

When they arrived at the markets, he hops off to one of the trees outside the marketplace and ties Shadowmere's rope around it. He knew that Shadowmere woukd behave while they were gone for awhile. "Come on down Pri... I mean Lina." he chuckled, lending a hand to Avlina.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

Ezekiel watched her put the book and her crown safe in some pockets of the saddle before he gets on the horse and said "Well, it looks like I'll be with a lovely lady today." he said pulleling her up to seat in front of her as he starts riding off with her and Shadowmere to their destination.

When they arrived at the markets, he hops off to one of the trees outside the marketplace and ties Shadowmere's rope around it. He knew that Shadowmere woukd behave while they were gone for awhile. "Come on down Pri... I mean Lina." he chuckled, lending a hand to Avlina.

OceanBunny OceanBunny

Avlina blushed as he pulled her onto the horse with him. She was happy that, with their positioning, he couldn't see her embarrassment at being so close to him. She just hoped her couldn't feel her heart beating against her chest as Shadowmere raced towards town.

Avlina laughed lightly at Ezekiel's almost slip and placed her hand in his, sliding off the horse and to the ground. "Come on, let's explore." She says, pulling him towards the stalls. "Ez, look at the little dragon head." She excitedly points towards a figurine hanging in a stall.

92623fc8b548d7a0a64e9c2c0251bd64.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back