• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
59E26FA6-933E-44F3-99E3-0EA9FBA8E617.jpegARLO BAILEY with Astraea ( Dazzle Dazzle ) Mood: Calm, bored tl;dr: Searching for something NEW

*thump* "Hey, no need to apologize!" Arlo smiled as he turned to face the girl that just ran into him. 'Man, this girl talks so easily. I'm jealous.' "I'm Arlo." He extended his hand for a shake. "A bowling ball is what closed this place down for so long?" Arlo took a look at the shop, for some reason expecting to see some sort of residual damage. To his surprise, Spooning actually looked better than it did before. "I mean hey, it might just be a blessing in disguise. Spooning's looking better than ever!" The line is finally moving into the store. It's a real cute place. The families getting their ice cream looked so happy. The smile on the kids faces were precious.
'I can't wait to have my own little family one day,' he thought, his heart warm from the love that Spooning spread to everyone in town.

"You've probably seen me around school or something if you go to Parish," Arlo explained. He maintained a very welcoming smile that inspired further conversation. He just had one of those faces that made him easy to talk to. Soon he realized that she was less focused on him and rather whatever was behind him. He followed her eyes for a moment and figured out she was probably trying to figure out what she wanted. "Oh, my bad!" Arlo quickly moved out of her way, about a half step to the right. "Better?"

Tatum Browne

Tatum couldn’t help but laugh at Zach as he called himself the pretentious architect, but to her he wasn’t. He was so much more to her and she wished deep down she could express the sentiment to him. But she had once, and he hadn’t expressed it back. However, she refused to dwell on that thought, because he was with her, giving her the time and the attention. Making something for them to enjoy and the time to be a couple again. The two weeks of avoidance hadn’t been great for them but today the time could stay still, and Tatum could be happy. She could be happy with Zach, she could see it, and sure she was young, but she could see her life with him. A life filled of these moments, moments that never had to end.

Of course, this one had to end because Tatum was getting hungry for real food and not candy. Zach was the one who moved the blankets, but Tatum she could lay in the pile and never move. Why leave a moment of comfort in a layer of blankets? Zach had other plans and Tatum was more the willing to follow him to the kitchen. As he lifted her up from the ground, she let her eyes look into his for a brief moment and moved the hair that had fallen in front of his face back to where it belonged. “I- “she stopped herself as she followed him to the kitchen and hopped up onto the counter.

She beckoned Zach to come closer and let her lips meet his. She hadn’t answered his question yet but there was no rush. She wanted to enjoy her happiness. That was until she heard a clearing of a throat and quickly pulled away from Zach. It was Rose and Tatum was embarrassed as she slid off the counter, “I’m hungry” was all Rose said. Tatum looked back to Zach and shrugged, “Well, lucky for us, Zach is cooking.” The horror that was written on the younger girls face almost caused Tatum to laugh, “Grilled cheese. Something he can’t ruin.” She sent a small wink towards her partner in crime.

Sure, her romantic moment had been cut short, but Rose was so nice to her, even though the two hadn’t exchanged many words in the year of Tatum coming over to their house. But she was comfortable with Rose. “How about you wait at the table and I’ll bring you your sandwich once our chef finishes them?” Tatum hoped the suggestion was one to get her time with Zach even if just a second. But, as soon as Rose disappeared, “Hope you don’t mind feeding your sister too. We can’t let her starve, Ramen Head.”

Mention(s): Interaction(s): lion. lion.

Lemon Pierce

Have you ever just been around someone that made you smile? Made you feel good about something stupid? Hayden seemed to be that for Lemon, even with her stupid wallet he didn’t make her feel bad about it, a little embarrassed but not bad. The way he spoke to her and the way his face seemed to light up just a little when he smiled brought Lemon nothing but joy. The boy standing in front of her could have easily blown her off, could have easily ignored her and treated her as if she was a nobody because at Parish Bay, she was a no one. She wasn’t in a sport, she wasn’t a cheerleader, she wasn’t super smart, she just existed. That wasn’t a bad thing but the smile that she received from Hayden made her feel like she was actually something to someone besides her parents. The smile made her feel like maybe she made his day feel a little better because she was around, but maybe she was being a little selfish with that thought. She couldn’t help but continue with contagious smiles even as she put her stupid wallet back in her back pocket.

Her eyes looked back over to Kat, “Studying went okay. We are taking a break. I think I overwhelmed Kat with my questions. But I got some of the practice problems correct which I think is progress. I wish I would’ve passed last year because this class is so boring.” Lemon had emphasized the word so to exaggerate just how boring she found the class. It wasn’t like she didn’t put in effort but the way the world worked in her brain, physics just didn’t quite connect the right way and there was always a deficiency. She finally turned her eyes back to Hayden, “Kat is doing a real good job at helping me, better than Mr. Dozer.” She moved in sync with Hayden, “I just need to pass this test. And every other test after. My parents are already on my case about not doing well. And now I have more problems to deal with.”

With another step forward Lemon couldn’t wait to gush about the ice cream, “Oh my goodness it was so good, Hayden.” She couldn’t help but let out a small squeal of joy, “I bet the mint chip would be good. Did you want to come sit with me and Kat? I don’t think she’d mind unless you have other plans?” it came out as more of a question than as a statement. She wanted to get to know the boy next to her more. This had been the second boy she had ever been interested in and the first one. The first one hadn’t been interested in her, so she had lost her interest and suppressed the feelings. But Kat…Kat was also someone Lemon was interested in, but she had no clue where anything was going. It wasn’t like she could tell her family.

The final step and they were finally right at the front again. Lemon had her cash pulled out, she couldn’t let Hayden beat her to paying, she had cut in line after all which would be frowned upon if her family found out. “Can I get a scoop of cookie dough and then whatever he wants. Oh, can you put it in a waffle bowl for mine?” After all the cup eating comments on Twitter, Lemon thought it best to go for a waffle bowl instead of a normal one.

Mention(s): Soap Soap Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle

MOOD: Chill

OUTFIT: Hartfield sweater and jeans

basics
MENTIONS:
@AllGrahamsFriends

INT:
PenguinFox PenguinFox (lulu)
tags
TL;DR going ice skating with lulu
tl;dr
Graham Moore
can I go home now?

Graham had been looking forward to the following weekend, him and Lulu had made plans to go ice skating. He hadn’t ever been ice skating before, but Lulu explained to him that it was very similar to dancing and that it should come naturally to him. He was excited all the same for the adventure. It was great to finally feel like he had friends in Parish Point. Between Evie and Ivy, though they currently hated each other… Graham wasn’t good at being a mediator when it came to arguments like that. He wasn’t even sure why they hated each other. Then he had Madi, and Lulu… And of course, Meera, she had been so kind to him in the new town to begin with.

Wow he really needed some guy friends. Oh wait! He had forgotten all about Peter and Nils, even though they made him feel like he had to rethink everything in life. How were you supposed to know if you liked girls or guys? Graham didn’t spend a lot of time thinking about it to be honest. He was just happy to be able to say he had all these new friends in town. Always having someone to hangout with meant a lot to him.

Graham heard a knock at his window, he turned around from his desk to see the little brunette girl waiting outside of it. Quickly, he slid the window up leaning out of it. “Hi!” Graham smiled as he gripped the threshold of the window between his fingers. “I’m so excited to try it!” Graham leaned forwards, lifting his lower half of the body out the window, before dropping down onto the mulch below.

“I’m glad I can borrow a pair...” Graham took small strides over to the sidewalk. “Are you sure I will be any good at this?” He rubbed the back of his neck. He was a decent dancer, at least that was what people told him. But, doing it all on ice... That seemed a lot harder.

“I actually have no idea where we are going.” He chuckled. “You should probably lead the way.”
code by valen t.

MOOD: FOOD

OUTFIT:
here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT: Harper Dazzle Dazzle , Max Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

tags
TL;DR the gang goes to Dojo and eats dumplings bro
tl;dr
Sawyer
I'm Georgia Peachy, believe me.

Sawyer waited patiently while Harper tried to get Max to order something of his own, going in so far as to call her a jerk in the process. She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at the other girl but didn’t do much else beyond that. She settled back into her seat, fiddling with the end of her lanyard that connected to the keys in her jean pocket as Harper and Max talked amongst themselves, trying to come up with something that Max would like. Eventually, something was agreed on and Sawyer was pulled back into a conversation, but her eyes stayed mostly rooted on the lanyard in her hands, twisting it this way and that and tying it in knots every so often. The waiter made his appearance out of the corner of her vision and Harper was the first to order for herself and Max. She looked up as Harper asked about contamination and came quite close to just out right punching this guy in his face. Because he did not just roll his eyes at Harper. She settled for a perfervid glare, getting kicked out was not something that any of them would really enjoy right now. That didn’t mean she couldn’t dish the same shit that he was right back at him. So, when the waiter turned to her to take her order she didn’t bother to drop her glare, in fact she might have even hardened it a little.

“I’ll have pork Xiao Long Bao and Baked California.” The waiter nodded and before he could even open his mouth to ask about a drink, she interrupted him, “A water’ll do, but we’d really appreciate it if you did check about those spring rolls, dude. Thanks.” He kinda just stood there for a second before asking the others once more about drinks and making his leave. What an asshole. Sawyer glared at his back his whole walk back to the kitchen until she couldn’t see him anymore. When her eyes swung back toward the front, Mckenna caught her attention and gave her a sympathetic frown and Sawyer made a punching motion in the air that made the other girl laugh from across the restaurant. She was about to turn back to Harper and complain about their waiter when Harper chimed in about wishing Mckenna was a server. Sawyer smiled and nodded her head.

“Mckenna wishes she was one. She’s been here a while, doesn’t know why she’s not one yet.” The subject was changed quickly though as Sawyer moved into making fun of Max’s choice of clothing and Harper jumped to her side quickly and they ganged up on the poor kid like it was second nature, which after years of doing it this exact thing it might as well be. Sawyer laughed along with Harper and nodded at the admittance that it fit him well.

“It does, I have to admit. It’s a nice style choice.” Max didn’t seem to agree. As soon as they started poking fun at him Max went straight into defense mode. He had something to say at every turn. Sawyer frowned and shook her head at the kid.

“Ok, ok, chill. We’re just messing with you, Max.” Sawyer signed quickly, “We know you don’t like Zach, dude. It’s just a joke. Sorry, man.” Their waiter approaching again caught her eye and she turned her head to as he sidled up to their table, food in hand and sat everything in front of them.

“The spring rolls don’t have any contamination, if you still want those.” He directed at Harper, his tone was still kind of rude, but he’d done what she’d asked and Sawyer would have to take what she could get.

code by valen t.

MOOD: Romeo mode part II

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:
Lissy MePersonally MePersonally

Ivy Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Claire

INT:
Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek
tags
TL;DR: Simps gonna simp
tl;dr
Dustin Thackery
I'll sit and wonder of every love that could've been
if I'd only thought of something charming to say
Dustin was slouched on the school bleachers, brow furrowed in thought as he tapped away on the phone clenched in his hand. It was a text message, the same text to Lissy he'd tapped out and deleted again about a dozen times already.

It had been about a week since he'd hung out with Lissy, just by themselves outside of a group setting like the fateful Movie Night. Though they'd had a great time together, Dustin knew better than to hope Lissy considered it real date or anything...and that was kind of the problem. He had no idea what to say to her, or if she even wanted to hear from him at this point. The only upside was that this nagging indecision kept his eyes occupied on the screen instead of aimlessly wandering the field, and not in danger of looking like some creep ogling the cheerleaders milling around.

He perked up as he spotted Ashley dashing across the field toward him, graceful as a gazelle, and quickly pocketed his phone. She bounded up the bleachers to give him a friendly hug, and to his utter shock and delight, plopped down in his lap to do so. Dustin could only grin stupidly and squeeze her in return, blushing as he sputtered out a response. "H-hey, Ash!"

She seemed pleasantly suprised to see him, which was a relief, since their plans had been tentative at best. Ash had merely mentioned she had practice and perhaps they could maybe hang out afterwards if he maybe wanted to stop by. But, as always, if Ashley ever so much as insinuated she'd like to spend time with him, of course Dustin was going to be there with fucking bells on. One never knew if today might be the day she felt like making out with a friend or something, and he would be damned if he wasn't there to offer himself up as tribute.

Ashley finally made a move to stand after that glorious hug went on for way longer than any platonic hug should, but Dustin grinned and playfully pulled her back into his lap, happy to again fold his arms around her. "Nooooo! We gotta stay like this, what if Brodie comes by?" Shameless excuse as it was to hold onto her a few moments longer, his "joke" still got a laugh out of Ashley, which made him smile despite the bitter reminder of his status; nothing but a fake boyfriend to fend off creeps. He'd never be her real boyfriend, and she would leave him as soon as he released his loving grasp on her. And that she did, scampering off the bleachers to join the rest of the squad beginning their pre-practice stretch.

Dustin's face reddened some more as he was addressed by his brazen classmate Claire, caught like a deer in headlights when referred to, out loud, as Ashley's boyfriend. "Oh, I'm not--" He laughed nervously until Ashley jumped in, frowning as she shut that notion down with an emphatic He's not my boyfriend. No, just a fake one, which felt almost worse somehow.

It wasn't long before Ashley's attention was then captured away entirely by the tiny freshman, Ivy, leaving Dustin alone to watch their lively banter with his dejected puppy-dog gaze. With her pitch black hair, Ivy was like a dark omen personified, threatening to ruin his day...particularly the way Ashley seemed to be carrying on with her in an almost flirtatious manner. Never a good sign, in Dusty's eyes. She was his fake girlfriend, after all.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Sweet Sabotage

OUTFIT: Dressed to Flip

basics
MENTIONS:
Kat Soap Soap
Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Dustin Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

INT:
Claire Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR Cheer practice gets spicy.
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
Don't threaten me with a good time

Ashley's pastiche of Kat earned an approving nod and thumbs-up from the tiny substitute captain of the cheer squad. "You're a passable pirate queen, Park." Ivy grinned and cocked her eyebrows, evidently adding a top layer of pretend infatuation. "Maybe next time Kat leaves us to go get zesty, you can step up to the plate."
She shifted through a myriad of different comical poses as she spoke: palms up, leaning into one hip, then arms crossed, legs apart, feet pointed out, opposite hip, weight back up on her heels...
This was much too exciting to stay still. "I still can't believe she actually fucking marooned us to go give Lemony Snicket moon eyes at Spooning. Do you think they got one of those fancy milkshakes with two straws?" At this, she made a dramatic nauseated gesture, retching and hitting her chest with her fist. "In this tiny backwater New England village, that's basically third base. They'll be married in a fortnight." For all her gremlin-like mockery, a twinge of jealousy hung on Ivy's words. Cheer had given her an outlet for her violent jet-force energy bursts, but that left the weird and uncomfortable sediment beneath that. Did Ivy even know why she felt weird about Kat and Lemon? No. No she did not, so she pushed it down and covered it up with an extra scoop of playful ribbing.

"Can you blame Kat, though? The pirate queen needs her vitamin C." She carefully enunciated the C so it would be abundantly clear what innuendos were implied by the initial. Her toothy side smile bloomed over her face again and she lightly gripped Ashley's elbows, inching her just a little closer and prodding her arms back and forth as if to pose her for a photograph. "...We get ours, though." An awaiting torrent of giggles simmered under her voice. Ivy turned around and gave Dustin a very exaggerated wink before Ashley could notice. "Fruit juice is a great healthy blood sugar boost." She started her burst of laughter, but immediately choked on it and wound up wheezing and clutching her throat between chuckles before she pulled it back together and continued to run with the lame joke until it had come so far off course that it was a product of its own disastrous invention now. "Unfortunately we're on a strict 17 vegetable plant-matter-based biotoxin regime. Seriously, I better be getting fucking superpowers from those. If I can't shoot fire out of my palms by the game, I'm suing the school."

Ivy had heard the way Ashley talked about Dustin: always vehemently denying feelings for him, yet going into so much detail that it was very clear Ashley thought way too hard about it. Ivy thought that was hilarious... somehow she just wanted to squash that budding romance in her wicked goblin hands. Again, Ivy didn't really know why she felt the need to sabotage any remotely amorous situation she stumbled upon. She loved it and she wanted to kill it. An odd but very characteristic paradox. She was that kid who got really excited for the last act of Romeo and Juliet when they had to read it for school... something about a guy drinking poison to match his girlfriend's corpse was just inexplicably funny to her.

But she didn't hate it. She didn't even think it was dumb. It just warmed her heart to watch these things go awry.

"Hey Malkobitch!! How are your hamstrings now? Could I take them and play them like a violin? Nah? Stretch 'em out! Shake a leg, will ya?" Ivy, as much as she was enjoying her rule over the squad, was more than happy to stall for Ashley. To make Dustin squirm a little. Making needs slightly uncomfortable, creating a hostile environment for romance to bloom, the overblown sensation of being in power: these were a few of Ivy's favorite things.

code by valen t.

MOOD: concerned

OUTFIT: Black hooters top, black jeggings and black sneakers

basics
MENTIONS:
NA

INT:
r e i r e i (isa)
tags
TL;DR Walking through town, dissociated
tl;dr
Maxine Rhodes
she wears darkness, like some wear the little black dress

Maxine leaned back against the brick building as Isa explained herself, rather poorly…. What the hell was she trying to accomplish, why was she making herself out to be the villain in any situation she was given. Maxine just scowled at her. “Why?” She crossed her arms across her chest propping one leg up against the brick wall as she leaned her back. “Why would you do that?”

She sighed and reached forward, grabbing Isa by the shoulders, forcing her to look at Maxine. “If you don’t want to go to jail, then why put yourself in harms way. Did you even think Isa?” Maxine didn’t understand why Isa was being so destructive to herself. She had so much, a mother that loved her, friends that stood by her side at every moment. “What would you say to me, if I was the one doing this?” Maxine let go of Isa, retreating back against the wall. She looked down at the ground. She didn’t want to scare Isa off or force her to be someone she wasn’t.

Maxine pulled her phone out of her pocket, her new phone courtesy of Isa. Holding it out for Isa. “You should call Lucky, he is worried about you.” All Maxine knew about Lucky and Isa’s relationship was that at one point they had been in the same foster home together. They were like siblings, the way that Isa and her were. Or probably even closer than that.

She chuckled, “It’s okay.” Though, was it. Had Maxine been a cop, and Isa had followed through with that punch… Even if she stopped herself, Isa would have been in way more trouble.

“Isa…. What is going on with you? Why are you putting yourself in these situations?” Maxine looked back up to meet Isa’s eyes. They were red, she was obviously exhausted, likely from the night before. “Are you…. Are you having nightmares again?”
code by valen t.

MOOD: way too awake for how early it is

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
Soap Soap (Josie)

INT:
Kyon Kyon (Arlo)
@Open
tags
TL;DR Enjoying some new found freedom
tl;dr
Astraea Dupante
there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy....

Astraea took his hand in her grasp, delicately shaking it. “Well, it’s nice to meet you, if we haven’t already.” She laughed lightly.

“Well, that is what they say.” She released his hand from her grasp, dropping it back to her side. “Though, it could all just be a story.” She shrugged her shoulders up to her ears with a soft smile as her eyes closed.

Opening her eyes, she looked back at the front of the store. It was not too different to her, but definitely updated. “It needed a new face I think, I am glad it is open again though. We needed a place to go on the weekends.”

“I— I mean no we, not as in us, I mean everyone.” Astraea felt her face warm up, she did not want to make things weird for him. “Oh, no, probably not. I was at Hartfield till this year.” She shook her head. “I was pretty busy during that time too, so didn’t leave much time for friends unfortunately.”

Astraea remembered that was why she was here. To see Josie, someone who she had missed so much while at Hartfield. School had to come first then, and when it did not. Soccer did.

“That is why I am here actually; I am seeing my best friend. We haven’t seen each other in forever!!” Astraea bounced up on the balls of her feet. It was in anticipation of seeing Josie.

“No, no. You’re fine.” Astraea did not want Arlo to feel obligated to move out of the way. “I have a while to decide anyways. I just was wondering if they had anything... well different.”
code by valen t.

MOOD: happy

OUTFIT: Outfit

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Lemon)
tags
TL;DR ice cream
tl;dr
Hayden Anderson
you get what you give

“Breaks can be good, give your brain a second to absorb what you’ve learned.” He nudged her with his shoulder. “I’m sure that Kat can handle it.” He smirked, Lemon was so kind, always worrying about others. Putting anyone but herself first, she reminded him of Madi, but Lemon was a bit more outspoken than her. Maybe because she was an only child, no older brothers to decide what was happening and when.

“Well, that’s because Dozer’s voice puts you to sleep.” Hayden rolled his eyes; Dozer was one of the worst teachers in Parish. “I am pretty sure he hated me just because I was on the football team, probably something he couldn’t do when he was in school.” He followed his last sentence with a wink.

Hayden bit his lower lip, looking down at the floor. “Not that sports are everything… Just stupid that he would treat… Never mind… I think you get what I’m saying.” Hayden looked up from the corner of his eye, chin still tipped towards the ground. He hoped that Lemon understood what he was trying to say, he didn’t think that being on the football team made him better then Dozer. “I am sure that you’re going to ace the next test, especially if Kat is as good as you say.”

Biting the inside of his cheek as Lemon asked if he wanted to join them, of course he would want to. “I mean… If you think Kat would be okay with that.” Hayden thought back to the texts that he had gotten from Kat when he had been ‘accidentally’ distracting Lemon from her study session in the first place. He knew that maybe it wasn’t his best idea, but it must have meant something to have Lemon respond… Right? But now Lemon was inviting him over to hang out with them. He couldn’t say no, even if he had wanted to. “

Hayden quickly dug for his wallet as they reached the counter as Lemon beat him to the punch. “Hey!” He chuckled. “No fair, the guy is supposed to pay.” He tilted his head sarcastically towards Lemon as she passed the money over. “I won’t fight you.” He pointed at her as he leaned against the counter. “But you owe me.” A flirtatious smirk crossed his lips.

The man across the counter cleared his throat, distracting Hayden from Lemon for just a moment. “Oh right.” He shook his head, pushing off himself off the counter to stand straight again. “I uh… I’ll get the same.” Any plan that Hayden had originally had for what he would get had flown out of his head.

“Please.” He added quickly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

As the cashier handed over the two scoops of cookie dough the two of them stepped to the side. Hayden handed over Lemon’s ice cream to her, as he did Hayden noticed that she had goosebumps running up her arms. “Sour, are you cold?”

Hayden placed his ice cream cup on the counter beside him before he grabbed the hem of his sweatshirt pulling it off over his head. “Here.” He reached over his grey sweatshirt to her.

“Don’t give me that look.” Hayden tipped his head backward. “Just take it.”
code by valen t.

MOOD: Happy to eat

basics
MENTIONS:

NA

INT:
KingofAesir KingofAesir (Sawyer)

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)
tags
TL;DR food at Dojo Sushi
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.

“I’m sorry Max.” Harper knew that Max didn’t like that joke, she shouldn’t have instigated it. Everyone did it, she shouldn’t have added to it. For whatever reason, Max was having a rough time right now. Though he wouldn’t tell her what was going on. Maybe they weren’t as close as she thought they were. Max was going through a lot, maybe it all had to do with Kat coming back. Though, Harper doubt that was all of it. It probably just what set it off, set everything into motion.

She worried about him though.

Soon the waiter came back with their food placing it down in the middle of the table, asking if she wanted the spring rolls. “Oh…” She looked to Max for some sort of input. He was still shut down from the light teasing they had given him. Harper shouldn’t have added to it, Max was always being teased. He didn’t need it from his friends as well.

“No.. We’re okay.”

The sever left the table without another word, Harper took in a deep breath. “Well. He’s not getting a good tip.” She rolled her eyes blowing out a long breath of air. “How do they hire people like this. I don’t understand.”

Harper always thought she was a decent guest, she was kind to all of the staff. Always tipping the servers well. She was basically a regular at Dojo Sushi though, they all knew she was a good guest. But all this guy saw was a bunch of teens taking up one of his tables on a Saturday afternoon.

Harper slipped the chopsticks out of their paper sleave taking a few pieces of sushi and dumplings and slipping them onto her plate. Covering each piece of sushi was a fair amount of wasabi and then dousing them in soy sauce. She pinched one in-between the chopsticks, popping it into her mouth. “The service might suck today, but the food.” She made a mmm sound with her mouth. “Amazing per-usual.” She nodded her head back and forth as she swallowed the food.

‘soo good.’ She signed. “How’s yours?” She pointed at Sawyer’s food with her chopsticks in hand.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Distressed ™

OUTFIT: Zach's Jacket: who wore it best?

basics
MENTIONS:
Kat Soap Soap
Zach lion. lion.

INT:
Harper Dazzle Dazzle
Sawyer KingofAesir KingofAesir
Ryker TexasKingPin TexasKingPin

tags
TL;DR
Oh boy
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

I don't know how I would even start.

"It's fine." Max deflected, shrinking back in his chair as if to put more physical distance between himself and his friend’s apologies. Already he was sitting with the cold realization that his inability to take a joke was ruining the mood. He pulled at the sleeve cuff of Zach's jacket, whatever reason he had come up with for wearing it vanishing entirely from his head.

Max had a chronic issue with being unable to rationalize the decisions he made, even just to himself. It wasn't just that he acted before he thought. He acted before he even knew what he was doing. Before this school year started, though, it hadn't even been that bad. Well, he'd always been a little impulsive and overprotective of the things he cared about, but Harper was right: these past few weeks were something else entirely. He used to be fine most of the time-- some of the time, anyway. Nowadays, his baseline emotional state had become an alternation of stress and exhaustion. It was a fleeting moment of reprieve to see him any other way, and it was taking a toll on just about everything: his schoolwork, his personal care, his friendships…

See?
Fucking weird.

The Zach talk had left a pit in his stomach, but drawing more attention to himself by not eating was the last thing he needed. Harper had gotten another order of sweet potato maki to share, so he tentatively took a few pieces, mostly just to ease the awkwardness of sitting doing nothing.

Unsurprisingly, Max was not good with chopsticks. They always broke unevenly, and even with his relatively precise hands, the unfamiliarity made it difficult to use them without simply impaling bites of food one by one. It wasn’t that elegant, but it worked and he didn’t really have the opportunity to practice this stuff at home. Max’s culinary ability extended only as far as tea and pasta and dry toast. Even the microwave was a little outside his comfort zone.
Harper was right, though: this was really good, and it had been a while since he had actually enjoyed food.

Max had been steadfastly ignoring his phone buzzing in his pocket for most of this time, knowing that the curdling anxiety that Twitter gave him wasn't a great table conversation. But whoever was trying to get his attention was unusually persistent. Weird-- nobody wanted to talk to him for 10 days; why were they all wanting to talk now? He would have been half insulted if he weren't so desolately lonely that he needed it. Reluctantly, he allowed himself to look up from his sushi and answer the text.

"Hey bird brain, where you at? "

Ryker's name on his notifications was a bit of a surprise, really.
Until recently, they didn't talk. Ryker was one of those Hartfield students that seemed way too rugged and individualist for a prim and fiddly private school. Max was also out of place at Hartfield, but for practically the opposite reason. Max was far too quiet and eccentric to be popular, and too forgetful and disorganized to be successful. It was all but inevitable that he was left behind.
For whatever reason, though, Ryker had taken a sympathetic tone with Max and the constant stress he was under.
...Wait, what did Ryker even want? The last thing Max needed right now was to read more about Kat’s history of hurting people. He knew going there right now would only add more stress to a situation he was losing his grip on, so he left the message unanswered for a few minutes. This was the first time in way too long that he'd had a chance to just hang out with Harper and Sawyer. He wasn't about to let anything ruin this but himself. The whole point was to let things slowly settle back down to a reasonable level of stress, before--
Ryker was waiting for him at the gym.
Why?
...Shit.
Fuck.

Max suddenly looked like he’d seen a ghost, shoving his phone back in his pocket and hurriedly zipping up Zach’s jacket, reaching under his chair to grab his messenger bag only to realize he hadn’t even brought that with him. He bolted up out of his chair, missing his footing and stumbling back into it before getting up again just as quickly but a little more carefully.
“I have to leave right now.” his hand moved at a nearly untrackable pace like he thought he only had 2 seconds to get his words out. “Shit. I’m so sorry. I forgot I-- something important. Sorry. Sorry.” He rummaged through his pocket, grabbed his wallet and clumsily pulled out $30. "That should cover me and the tip. If it doesn't just let me know, and I'll make it up. I have to-- have to... really--" He tried to explain what was going on but found himself floundering, teeth pulling at his lip and anxiously flexing his fingers without saying anything more.

The one day he actually had something to do, he’d managed to double-book himself. How did that even happen!? Max never had things to do, outside of school and work and his small group of friends, and maybe the occasional family obligation. He was never as busy as he pretended to be when the subjects of dating or parties or college came up.

It was just like him, though, to forget the one commitment he made. Oy, how could he forget about Ryker teaching him how to fight!? That was probably the craziest thing he’d done since…
...since that other thing 10 days ago. That one he didn’t want to think about.

With another hasty apology, Max ran out the door of the restaurant and back into the parking lot.

851 Norview Lane, Google Maps told him, was practically on the other side of town. And since he’d come down here with Harper, he had to walk. No, he didn’t have time to walk; he had to run.

Running was another thing Max wasn't good at. He was fast, but had the coordination of a drunk horse. He stumbled left and right over the pavement and cobblestones in a winding and frantic path, following the digital street map deep down into the southeast side of Parish Point where the edge of the Wickson Forest towered over the edge of the rooftops. By the time Maps let him know he’d reached his destination, Max was completely out of breath, wheezing and bracing himself against a battered old newspaper box so as not to just smack down on the pavement.

The building he stood in front of was so run-down he was convinced he made a mistake, standing there refreshing Maps over and over again until he was forced to realize this was the right place. The brick walls were soot-dusted and weathered down, small cracks in the glass door which showed a flickering dim fluorescent light within. One of the window panes on the upper floor was completely smashed, boarded up with wooden planks.
The planks on the window sent a wave of nausea over Max, as if he were once again trying to pry open boarded windows with Stu, desperately grasping at a chance to escape a building on the brink of collapse, wondering if they’d still have time to save everyone else before--
Shit. He didn’t need that thought spiral right now.

Get over it.
They’re over it.
You’re just being childish.

Swallowing the knot of fear that had tightened over his throat, he cautiously pulled the door open and stepped inside as if he were afraid he'd be shot upon entry. The old woman at the front desk didn't seem at all like the kind of person who would own a place this haggard and ominous. This had to be some kind of mafia front. Did Parish Point even have organized crime? Max had never thought so, but now he was scared. But Ryker was right: Max was an expected visitor. The woman smiled and said nothing, evidently knowing Max wouldn't hear her, and led him up a back set of stairs to a blacked out door. Max followed after, but kept glancing over his shoulder as if he were expecting to be ambushed from behind.

The other side of the doors, though... this definitely had to be organized crime. This place was amazing. Terrifyingly amazing.
This was the kind of gym movie training montages took place in. This was the kind of place Iron Man would hang out (Max had never seen Iron Man, so maybe that was just his imagination.) Max couldn't identify most of this equipment, which he supposed wasn't surprising, but this was far too high-tech to be hidden away in a building that looked abandoned.

Ryker was in here somewhere, but Max didn't step in and look for him, still standing awkwardly just outside the door like a deer in headlights, awed and overwhelmed. He may as well have just stumbled through a wardrobe into Narnia.
Absolutely incredible.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Happy that he’s got somebody to take his mind off things for the moment

OUTFIT: Ripped, bleach blue jeans and a pink and white t-shirt that says “DON’T MIND ME”

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Dazzle Dazzle (Astraea)
tags
TL;DR Looking for something NEW
tl;dr
Arlo Bailey
~my playlist is straight v i b e~
Arlo couldn't help but notice a warm, comforting familiarity in Astraea's hand as she so daintily shook his. It felt to him as though this has happened before. 'So soft!' Something blurry flashed through his mind, something distant and locked very very far away. He set that thought aside, though; probably just some deja vu. "Nice to meet you too." Arlo replied.

"Well," he began. "Even if it is just a story, at least it's a fun one." Arlo took a little glance around the store and all the people. "There's nothing like some free marketing to bring in some business." He was pretty interested in advertising, although he mostly just cared about how it pertained to spreading his music. It all translates between different types of business anyway. "It kind of gives the place some sort of a backstory too, yanno?" Arlo spread his hands apart in the air as if stretching out some type of banner. "The Legend of Spooning."

Arlo noticed Astraea getting a bit flustered at the whole "we" comment. It made him laugh a little inside. He honestly wouldn't have even thought anything of it if she hadn't brought so much attention to it. Perhaps she was the type to overthink. Arlo tended to overthink almost everything he said or did, never too careful about his words or actions. It was a double edged sword, being worried about doing the wrong thing. Insecurity's a bitch. In times of such insecurity, when his heart would race and he debated whether or not something should be done, he would abide by wise words he once heard and forever cherished: "just send it."

A lot of girls these days were rather fake. Rather, a lot of people these days were fake. Putting on a face or a front to gain popularity or friends or followers. Arlo wasn't about all of that. He hated fake people and wouldn't deal with them if he didn't have to. I think that's what he began to appreciate a little bit about Astraea. She seemed genuine, both in conversation and in her excitement to see her friend. "That's good. It's always nice to catch up with old friends." He lied. Arlo could probably live the rest of his life never seeing the lot of his old friends again. Was he being fake by saying that? Nonsense. He was just making friendly conversation.

"Ahh gotcha. I honestly couldn't tell you if they had anything new. I normally just stick with good ol' chocolate ice cream." Arlo was always nervous about trying new foods and flavors. He didn't want to waste the money if he ended up not liking it. Chocolate was a comfort food, which was normally exactly what he needed. His new resolve for something new in his life, however, led him in a different direction today. It was time to be a bit more daring. "I'm actually feeling a bit ambitious today. I think I'll switch it up and go with vanilla." This was a big step in his journey for self-discovery.
code by valen t.

ISABELLA ALEJA EDISON-ROSE

mood: angry and tired + location: hiding with maxine + outfit: xxx + tags: Dazzle Dazzle

Isa looks at Maxine and shrugged. "Because...I don't fucking know. I saw a ball, and I saw a goddamn target. I didn't think about the consequences or anything. I just fucking did it." She says honestly while looking down. "I don't have some good explantion on why I did what I did." She truly didn't. Half the time, she doesn't even know why she does what she does. It's not like she's trying to get into trouble, it's more like she just doesn't know how to stay out of it. She runs headfirst into things because it's all she knows how to do. All she knows is just jumping and thinking about her actions later. No one ever cared to tell her that her choices were bad, or there was a different way to handle things before Now there's a lot of people telling her that, and now she doesn't know what she should listen to. How do you abandon everything you've ever known to do, for something different.

Maxine forces Isa to look at her. She snorts and looks straight at her. "Max, do you think I would be in this situation if I had thought about it first. " She says sharply "I saw a ball, and I got angry. I wanted to break something. So without any thought of the consequences, I kicked the goddam ball. I just kicked it. I don't have a reason, I just wanted to break something so I did. That's what I do Maxine, I break things. It's all I'm ever good for." Isa then looks at her straight in the eye when she answers her next question.

"Fuck no. Max, your life is just starting out. You have everything in front of you. Even with the shitty cards, you've been dealt, you are still here and kicking. " Isa shakes her head "I would never let you throw that away. You deserve to have every chance you have. Unlike me, on the other hand. You got a chance. " She then looks at Maxine who pulls away and leans against the wall. They stay slient for a moment before Maxine hands her, her phone to use. She shakes her head and pushes it back towards Maxine.

"He'll just ask me where I'm heading and tell me to get back to the apartment. The last thing I want to do is lead the cops to him. Tums' house is better, I can lose them with all the houses there." Or worse, he would try to take the heat off of her, which is another thing he didn't really need either. Lucky was overprotective at times, and with their history, he tends to be overbearing with her. It's like her mother, times 100. So she wants to at least hold off on talking to him until she's at safe distance in Tums house where he can't find her or even try to. She then looked at Maxine wide-eyed and groans "Please tell me, he hasn't gone on a rampage and tried to find me or is out looking for me. The last thing I need is him freaking out. I swear that haircut is changing his personality."

The next question made Isa look away. Only a few people knew about her nightmares. Tums, Noms, Maxine, her mother, and Lucky are the ones that knew them the best since they had witnessed them happening. She doesn't like to talk about them, due to the fact that they messed up her thinking for a while and it takes a minute for it to get out of her mind. "Maybe. Does it matter? So what if I had a nightmare?" She says sharply. "And I put myself in this situation because I'm a dumbass and I'm always making stupid fucking choices. Have you seen my track record, not exactly clean? I did something incredibly stupid again. I fucked up again. When are you gonna see that is just who I am? I get into these situations because that is who I am. A fuck up who does dumb shit like kick a ball into a cop car. "
coded by natasha.

MOOD: Playful

basics
tags
TL;DR She interacts with the guests
tl;dr
Ashley Park
I've been thinking about you. Wondering if I'm caught up in your head at night.

Though she quite frankly didn’t give a rats ass what Ivy thought of her, she feigned perking at the girl’s praise. "I prefer the term Perfect Pirate Queen Park," She gently corrected, though she maintained the faux doe eyes of “love” "I suppose I could. Though that kinda counts on you not going full dictator and holding on to the position when Kat comes back."
Though their relationship was fraught with disingenuity, she found herself releasing a very real snort of laughter at Ivy’s ridiculous poses. “Sweet sweet naive Ivy. Don’t you know that our captain is obsessed with a girl that will never love her back? In fact you’ll never believe what she did to Maybe not fruity, fruity." She attempted to maintain a straight face though she failed miserably. "She gave her a gay smut novel! The Princess’s Denial and all it’s sinful glory." She cackled, at that little revelation. It was cathartic to mock her captain’s pining behind her back. She needed it. The validation that it was foolish. Stupid pining over someone who couldn’t really like them back.

"Don’t we all need the C every now and then? I mean I didn’t join cheer just so I could make other people horny." She snarked, making it perfectly clear that she was picking up what Ivy was putting down. Playing along with her little skinship, she leaned in to Ivy’s touch with a coy grin. "That we do babe." She winked, joining in on Ivy’s giggles. The mere thought of dating her was just so fucking hilarious she couldn’t conceal her laughter. "Bitch who the hell are you fooling? We don’t have the money to rightfully sue the school. It’d be more effective to set it on fire" She informed the girl, holding her shoulder with a tone of mock sympathy.

As Ivy moved on to torment Claire Malkovich, she paused to send a glance in Dustin’s direction. Though initially happy, she was a tiny bit irked that he was there. Just taunting her. She’d seen him beforehand glancing at his phone with “that look.” The “oh fuck I just fell for one girl who was nice to me and now I belong to her”. She’d known it was gonna happen eventually. So why did it bother her so much? Well yes there was the matter of dumb feelings, but nope. Nope nope nope. She didn’t love him or anything like that. So why couldn’t she just be a normal fucking person and let it go?

code by valen t.

Lemon Pierce

The reassurance was nice, the feeling of not being judged or made to feel dumb was nothing short of a relief for Lemon. Lemon couldn’t help but giggle as Hayden tried to correct himself and maybe that was downside to being teens. Words were difficult but even more so while being young. She couldn’t see Hayden as being someone who was mean or rude for any reason. The way he talked to her and others, the fact that he had saved Oli. Hayden couldn’t be mean to anyone. Well at least the way she saw him. But that hit a sore spot. Everyone kept telling her that people can pretend to be nice for personal gain, but really, they are bad. Max kept saying Kat wasn’t good and Lemon kept trying to defend her. Others…others kept saying she was naïve to only see the good in people when there’s also bad in them. But Hayden, he wouldn’t hurt her, he wouldn’t hurt others unless he had to, right? He was a good person.

Of course, she was glad she had won in paying, but the small wink he had sent her way cause her face to heat up. She could think of a few times she had seen someone wink in her direction but Hayden’s sent butterflies though her stomach. It had been a long time since a boy made her feel as giddy as Hayden, but she couldn’t let anything happen. Her father had made it clear she wasn’t to date anyone and she had agreed. It was better that way.

When they finally got their ice creams Lemon felt a chill run up her spine and she felt cold. She hadn’t quite realized how cold it was in the shop, but the next thing she knew Hayden was handing her his hoodie. She couldn’t take it. She was ready to tell him no, but he stopped her. It shouldn’t have come as a surprise and really it looked warm. Really large but warm.

She needed space to set down her scoop of ice cream and so she had moved from the line and found what she thought was an empty space. While she was putting on the hoodie, she felt the back of herself collide with another. As she turned around tugging the rest of the hoodie over her head so she could see. She saw not one but two different people. She had run into two people while putting on a hoodie? She felt more than a little embarrassed, “I’m so so sorry.” She quickly got out, “You see, I was with my friend.” The sleeve of the hoodie swung in the direction of Hayden, “and I got cold, so he gave me his hoodie and I thought there was space. I didn’t mean to run into you.” Her words were rushed. She grabbed her ice cream and looked back at Hayden. Of course, she didn’t want any problems to start but these two, well they were tall. The girl looked to be around Kat’s height and the boy well he was even taller. Why wasn’t the world full of short people?

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

MOOD: FOOD

OUTFIT:
here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT: Harper Dazzle Dazzle , Max Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

tags
TL;DR the gang goes to Dojo and eats dumplings bro
tl;dr
Sawyer
And after all I can't know anything at all because I'm just a space cadet with no one to make my bed.

Their food had arrived fairly quickly, much to Sawyer’s delight. If there was one thing she hated about going out to dinner it was the whole sitting and waiting thing, she had never been too good at the whole patience thing. The waiter placed the food down in front of them and Sawyer was much too preoccupied with the rumbling in her stomach to care much about anything going on. She gave the waiter a less than dignified wave as he walked away and set to work. Unsurprisingly, Sawyer Andrews had no idea how to use chopsticks. Not for lack of trying of coure, she had just never gotten the hang of it no matter how many times Harper may have tried to teach her. Sawyer got too frustrated with things that took too much time for her to learn so unless she wasn’t automatically good at it, it wasn’t happening. But, unlike her more civilized chopstickless friend Max, Sawyer had no desire to stab at her food with a singular chop stick so now she was just using her hands. She ate like she was in an army mess hall and only had ten minutes before she had to be somewhere else, a habit from when she was young that had just never worn off. Sawyer had always done things fast, otherwise she might bore herself to death one day. There was a piece of sushi poised in between two long fingers hovering just in front of an open mouth when Harper asked her how her food was. Sawyer grinned at her friend from behind the sushi before placing it back down on the plate. She should slow down before she was just sitting here waiting for everyone else to be done.

“Awesome.” Sawyer offered a thumbs up as confirmation, “I wish they would give me a fork. I hate these things.” She glared at her chopsticks, still neatly tucked into their package on the table. Sawyer had never hated two pieces of wood more. They’d make great kindling. While Sawyer was busy thinking about burning chopsticks, Max suddenly jumped up like he sat on a tack or something. He started signing so fast that Sawyer could hardly keep up with what the actual fuck was going on. Every time she blinked she was sure that she had missed at least two words. There was a “shit” in there somewhere, Sawyer was very adept at recognizing cuss words, several sorrys, and a bunch of other things that she couldn’t understand. Max then proceeded to throw money at them like they were strippers, sign some more, and run away. Sawyer looked over at Harper and swallowed the rest of the dumpling that had been in her mouth that whole time before she said anything.

“Did he have a hot date or something?” Sawyer questioned with a chuckle, “He looked like he was about to puke. I did not understand a word the kid signed. He was going too damn fast. Did you get it?” At her feet, Apollo stirred, his head perking up at the movement of Max getting up and running away. Sawyer’s feet had dropped from the seat in front of her to the floor and when Apollo had lost interest in watching Max run off, he dropped his head back on top of Sawyer’s foot, huffing his annoyance at the disturbance of his nap.

code by valen t.

tumblr_ppydyjc72F1tjl4xyo1_540.gif

Seeing Graham just as excited as she was only served to widen the grin on Lulu's face. Her anxieties about getting in more trouble than she was already in were starting to slowly melt away as her friend pulled himself out his window. "It'll be a great time, I promise!" It had to at least be better than the last thing she talked Graham into doing. A twinge of guilt about what happened at the beach party resurfaced in the depths of her chest. She pushed it back down, reminding herself that he didn't blame her even though it kinda was her fault. He wasn't planning on going to the party that night and she had convinced him. Anything that happened to him at the party led back to Lulu. At least his face was no longer bruised.

"I'm quite confident you'll pick up on it quick. If you've ever been rollerblading before it's similar to that. Your core strength and balance will help." Lulu reassured the boy. Graham was a talented dancer as far as she had witnessed, and he definitely had enough skill to be on the cheer team if they hadn't so rudely denied him for being a guy. Lulu was still grumpy about that but it wasn't like there was anything she could do about it. She had heard the captain could be...harsh, for lack of a kinder word.

Lulu took Graham's hand so she could lead the way to the ice rink. While it was somewhat chilly out, the sun was shining so it made it pleasant. A smile spread across her cheeks as she pointed her face towards the warmth of the sun. The pleasant weather combined with the warmth of holding her friend's hand finished off the anxieties that were previously swirling in Tallulah's head. Mrs. Woods made her daughter do a lot of different activities against her will but a few of them ended up being enjoyable. Ice skating was one of them.

"Sorry we haven't been able to spend much time together recently. I've been grounded. I made a new friend and we went on an adventure that...didn't go as planned. I...also may have not entirely told the truth about where I was going. Mother didn't appreciate that." Lulu bit her lip at the thought, mood dampening for a moment before parking back up. "But my new friend is super cool and thoughtful! She likes exploring just like me! And she said that her friends would probably like me too. I met them but we didn't get much time to talk because of the whole adventure not going as planned...I should introduce you to her though! She's very friendly and I'm sure she'd like you too! Who wouldn't though honestly..." While the Woods girl had the tendency to be quiet and reserved around most people, she was quite talkative with those she liked and felt considered her a friend. It was almost as if her sociability built up over time and she had to let it all out in the few chances she got to feel comfortable to. Amalia Woods told her daughter many times over that nobody liked someone who wouldn't shut up, which unfortunately has led to Lulu usually being self conscious about how much she says. But Graham was her friend and would never be mad at her. He was the sweetest guy she knew in that way, well next to her dad of course. "What about you? What have you been up to?" she asked, eager to hear about what he had been doing as of late. It didn't seem to matter what it was he said, even the most mundane of things, she was always interested in what Graham had to say.

The pair continued to catch up as they walked and before long they reached their destination. Lulu approached the counter and waved to the older gentleman manning it. He was a nice man that liked to act as a teacher of sorts to anyone younger than him. Many thought him strange, or even crazy, but the young girl knew he just had different interests, much like herself. "Hello Oswald! Do you remember what size skate I wear?" she asked cheerfully. It had certainly been a while since she had been there, but any bits of information that Oswald Stalter knew was anyone's guess. He could tell you exactly who built Mount Rushmore, but not what state it's in. "Like, of course little lady..." Stalter then took several long moments staring at Graham's feet. "I think I got like the perfect size for you my man." he finally said before walking off to grab the pair's skates. Lulu turned to her companion. "Have you ever met Oswald? He owns a music store but I've seen him do the weirdest jobs all over town. He's very wise. My daddy says that Oswald has been in this town for as long as he could remember, so that's probably why he knows so much."

In a moment Stalter was back with the skates, Lulu inquired about paying but he only shook his head with a smile and a wink before walking off towards the back room. Eagerly, the Woods girl got her skates laced onto her feet and waited for Graham to get his on. "Let me know if they don't fit perfectly. If your skates don't fit it's a lot harder to skate. Once we're on the ice remember to keep your knees bent a little and your back straight." her tone was gentle and almost motherly, but not at all belittling. "If you want me to, I'll stay close by. Or if you're more comfortable I'll do my own thing until you get your footing." There were only a few other people there so it wasn't like anyone would really notice or pay much attention to the two teens. They'd probably just assume it was some kind of friend date, which it was as a matter of fact. Lulu had heard that some people would take their potential significant other to activities like ice skating as a date but it's not like friends couldn't do it too right? The small brunette held her hand out for Graham so she could help walk him to the ice. Dazzle Dazzle

MOOD: way too awake for how early it is

basics
MENTIONS:
Soap Soap (Josie)

INT:
Kyon Kyon (Arlo)
@Open
tags
TL;DR Enjoying some new found freedom
tl;dr
Astraea Dupante
there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy....

Astraea nodded it was a great story, even if it was not true. Though… She would not put it past the kids of Parish Point. Some tended to get… Well, a little excited. That was the nicest way she could put it. They could get a bit rowdy, though Astraea wondered if she would have turned out similarly if she had been given the chance. What would it be like to get invited to a party, let alone go to one?

How all the girls would get dressed up, dressing way too old for who they were. At least that was how her mother would put it. But… She did think it would be fun, at least for one night. One night to get out of her comfort zone, be someone she wasn’t. Someone who did fun make-up and danced like the night would never end. “Do you think they made up the story for marketing?” She raised a questioning eyebrow. That thought had not crossed her mind, if they wanted to have a story to bring in business for the new store, they could have come up with a better one.

Astraea let out a small chuckle. “The legend of spooning, continued, this time bowling ball free.” She shook her head covering her mouth with her hand.

“Yes!! I am so excited to see Josie, its been forever!!!” She dropped her shoulder forward over exaggerating the exhaustion of waiting. The line moved forward, and they were finally inside the doors.

Just chocolate?!” Astraea’s eyes went wide. “that’s so…. Boring!!!”

“At least get like double fudge brownie or something.” Astraea crossed her arms, tapping her foot on the ground. “There are sooooo many options.”

She was able to see the sign behind the counter much better now. “Oh, my goodness!! They have S’mores! I am going to get that, WITH extra marshmallow sauce.” Astraea was so excited that spooning was finally open again. “Vanilla is even moree boringgggg.” Astraea rolled her eyes and twisted her torso back and forth. “You should do something completely unordinary! Be unpredictable, scare yourself.” She bit her tongue in between her teeth, rocking her weight back and forth between her feet.
code by valen t.

MOOD: concerned

OUTFIT: Black hooters top, black jeggings and black sneakers

basics
MENTIONS:
NA

INT:
r e i r e i (isa)
tags
TL;DR Walking through town, dissociated
tl;dr
Maxine Rhodes
she wears darkness, like some wear the little black dress

“That’s not a target Isa, you can’t just decide to be mad at the world anytime one thing goes wrong.” Maxine signed, resting her hands palms against the brick wall, running her fingers through the pattern of the cement between the bricks. “Isa, you’re not the villain in this story… Why do you make everyone think you are??” Isa was a good person, she cared for Maxine, Max, Lucky, Tatum, Noemi, but she wouldn’t take care of herself. Maxine knew that Isa would throw herself in front of a bullet for any of them. Even if the bullet wasn’t fatal to one of them but would kill her. She would give up her life in exchange for any of them to be safe. Free of pain.

Maxine listened to Isa, telling her that she had more going for her. “If you don’t have everything in front of you, neither do I. You have a mom; I can barely call my mom that.” Maxine sighed. She didn’t want this to turn into a pity party for either of them. “We both go to Hartfield, we can make it out of here. We can travel. We can do this Isa.”

“You don’t—” Maxine didn’t know what she should say. “Isa, you don’t see how good you are.

“You still have a chance.” Maxine didn’t believe that it could be all over for Isa, if that was true then Maxine and everyone else had no chance as well. Isa had a family that loved her, even if she was scared to lose them.

“Okay fine. Don’t call Lucky.. I’ll tell him that I saw you and you’re safe… That’s it.” Maxine knew Isa was right. Lucky wouldn’t let her hide out somewhere else, which maybe Maxine wouldn’t either if she had the option to hide Isa at her place.

“It’s not who you are, you don’t let me think that I am going to go down the same path as my mom.”

“You are the kindest, most loving person in the world. Isa, I know you would do anything for me, for Tatum, for Lucky. Why can’t you put some of that love into yourself?” Maxine knew why she couldn’t, it was hard to love yourself. Maxine wasn’t blind to that, all she wanted from Isa was for Isa to give herself a chance.

“You realize you put yourself in these situations, right?” Maxine didn’t mean for that to come out as aggressively as it did. But there was no taking it back once it had crossed her lips.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Happy to eat

basics
MENTIONS:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)
lion. lion. (Zach)

INT:
KingofAesir KingofAesir (Sawyer)

)
tags
TL;DR food at Dojo Sushi
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.

Harper had been happily enjoying her food, biting into the crunch of the fried sweet potato. The salty taste of soy sauce danced across her tongue. No question about it, this was her favorite meal. Harper began to laugh as Sawyer and Max struggled with the chopsticks. Reaching forward she grabbed the roll of napkins from the middle of the table and pulled on the loose corner, letting it unroll across the table. “They do give you forks.” She raised her eyebrows gesturing to the silverware that had been reveled like a magic trick.

She looked up to catch Max’s eye, but he was chaotically trying to leave out of nowhere. ‘Where are you going?’ She tried to sign, but he wasn’t paying enough attention. He had thrown money down on the table before booking it out of there. He had signed so fast that even Harper had missed most of the sentence. She wasn’t able to keep up with him, she caught only him signing sorry over and over again.

“What the hell was that?” Harper looked to Sawyer, still signing as if Max was still there. “Did you catch any of that?” Harper didn’t expect Sawyer to have caught on to Max’s chaotic signing as he ran out the door, almost knocking Mckenna over as he went.

“Maybe… I have no idea…” Harper rested her hands on top of each other under the table to stop herself from signing. “He didn’t tell you anything did he?” Of course Max hadn’t, Sawyer was the one asking if he had a hot date. “Did you see that?” She pointed over to McKenna who was standing at the host desk once again. “He almost took her out on his escape.”

Max had been being weird, all day, something was bothering him, though he wouldn’t tell her. “He’s been acting strange lately.” Harper wanted to have an explanation for it all, but she didn’t have one. “Did something happen…?”

Harper had practically blacked out when Zach and Sawyer told her they needed to go to the hospital. She fought the whole way into the car and then out of it. Unfortunately for her, Zach and Sawyer were both much stronger than she was, and it was very much a losing battle for her. “He’s pissed with Zach… I know they aren’t close.”

Harper thought that it was weird though that he was so angry with Zach, but yet he was more than comfortable wearing Zach’s jacket. But he was only wearing it so that he could return it? That didn’t make sense to her. “Something is up with him… But he wont tell me.”
code by valen t.

MOOD: excited

OUTFIT: -

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift @Dede
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Meera Desai
Be a little clumsy.

She was saved—but there was a silver hint to the idea that it wasn’t just from the risk of merely drowning.

Never was Meera Desai an appalling soul; she was five feet and one inch and small as the body of a butterfly on a flower. She knew little of the things that devastated the soul, knew little of what happened when human fingers pinched the wings or of what happened when those foolishly whimsical wings that always flew got clipped. And like that, the ocean she saw underneath had been a splendid cyan to her. She had missed the darkness that the coral subbaterrain ground honed in several hundred feet beneath. So, in the end, it was not Meera Desai. It was her lens, the glasses that never siddled her nose, and her own innocence that made her so hopeless in the unpredictable world.

“I-I-I-Mr. T-Toothrot-”

It was her purity that barred her from the truths of life in general; she could’ve drowned while trying to conquer over the depth of understanding it.

The bringy scent of the sea was even more stronger to her olfactory sense than before, and while the waves rotated in tides like a splurging carousel, she did not want to return. Even in the light of being saved, she had gone stressfully quiet as a whisper. Drizzles of wet drops had her shivering under her stuffy nose. She was mentally in Davy Jone’s locker while physically cramped up in a tight ball under the thermal coat. Her legs itched to spread out, but the contour of her guilt and embarrassment was greater.

But, this was not Meera Desai. Throwing down herself like that-

The thought ran through her head, but instead of making an exit through her ears, it was as deafening as the ocean churning outside.

Her heavily wet sneakers smacked the wood as she unsteadily stood. Using one of her dry hands to wipe away the water from her cheeks, her eyebrows furrowed. The tension was thick in the air, until she made out her voice.

“Mr. Toothrot!” she said, with strength and clearness, “I’m sorry! I really am. Clumsy idiot I am-”

Her voice hitched as her left eye picked up on the blond tottering off the insincere edge of the boat and into the ocean. Her voice broke off with unease, and her stunned lips glittered like the gossamer-thin scales on a fish in the sun. Frozen.

Goosebumps rose on her bare arms and the symptoms of paralysis vanished as quick as they came.

Immediately, she calls the charming janitor, “Mr. Toothrot! Mr. Toothrot! He’s overboard. Mr. Too-”

Cupping her hands to her mouth, she yells, “Hey, French!” His last name folds over her tongue, and naturally worried and internally hysteric, says aloud, “Hey French! French fry! I’m here! Why did you jump?!”

She was restless, too anxious to accidentally dip again towards the sides of the boat.

“Stay there! Don’t-” she continues in a critical volume, “Don’t-Do you know how to swim?!”

He pushed himself out for her, but he didn’t even think. Something about that was meaningful even though she couldn’t put anything to it yet.

Then, after a moment, more softly to herself as she curled a fist to her chest, she repeated, “Stay there till we come.”

code by valen t.

1618544968450-png.873260
Winnie Matthews
mood: neutral | outfit: XX | mentions: N/A | interactions: ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie (Chance); Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Lemon) ; Dazzle Dazzle (Hayden)

The moment Winnie stepped into the ice cream shop, she gravitated towards her twin brother. It was natural, especially when there were large groups of people that she had never really interacted with. Chance met her halfway, abandoning whatever table he was sitting at in order to help her out. You didn't tell me there'd be so many damn people here. She whispers harshly. He shrugs, shoving a spoonful of his ice cream into his mouth and then turning his attention back to his phone.

Winnie moves towards the line and orders one scoop of cotton candy and one scoop of french vanilla. She was indecisive as always, but more ice cream for her. Chance stays by her side, scrolling through twitter on his phone in order to stay caught up in the drama. Winnie thought that he was ridiculous for doing that, but there were times where it was important to keep up with what was going on in Parish.

When they leave the line and head back towards the group of people Chance was sitting oat before, a shorter, petite blonde bumps into both her and Chance. Winnie takes a slight step back as the girl, who she recognized, starts apologizing.

I didn't mean to run into you. She says, nervousness obviously coating her words. Winnie basically towered over her, and she could sense how intimidating she looked to Lemon (she was sure that was her name), especially when she stood next to her brother who was even taller. Winnie puts her left leg back a little and leans on it, trying to make herself smaller and not so scary. She also pulls Chance back a little. A polite smile climbs onto her face as she looks down to Lemon.

That's okay. Winnie says. It's not a problem, nobody got hurt. Lemon, right? Winnie then notices Hayden is standing behind her and she smiles at him, deciding to send a quick acknowledgement his way. Hey Hayden.

Winnie has heard of Lemon and has had a few run ins, but they weren't necessarily friends – more like acquaintances. Lemon seems sweet to Winnie and she maybe wants to get to know the shorter girl better, but with one look at her brother she knows that Chance has the same idea.

When it came to Twitter, Chance barely posted but boy did he like when shit went down. That's where his eyes were when Lemon accidentally bumps into him and his sister. Winnie pulls him back, while she addresses the shorter girl. Chance does a quick once over, noticing how pretty she was while also noticing the huge height distance and he wasn't even standing at his full height.

Lemon points towards Hayden as she explains herself, and at the sight of the football player, the trackstar stands a little taller, a serious look settling on his face. It wasn't that Chance didn't like Hayden, it's just that everytime these two were together they happened to butt heads. It was a good thing that the two weren't on the same team. He nods slightly to Hayden, out of respect; as mentioned, Chance didn't hate him. He then turns his eyes towards Lemon and a flirtatious grin adorns his mouth.

Don't worry about it, baby. Chance says. The boy was always flirtatious, without trying, but at this moment he probably was trying a little. Lemon was gorgeous. Chance has seen her around a few times and alongside some of his friends, but he didn't have a relationship with her; he wasn't even sure if she knew who he was. Hayden, as mentioned, did know who Chance was and by reading the room Chance could tell that something definitely going on between Hayden and Lemon. And so he decides to takes advantage of the situation, push a little buttons while garnering a little attention from the blonde girl. Winnie leans back a little bit and softens her appearance, asking for confirmation of the girl's name.

Lemon, that's an interesting name. What's the story behind that? His speech has slowed into a drawl and his hands are stuffed into his pocket as he leans closer to Lemon, disregarding Hayden and his sister. But he can see that Winnie is kind of annoyed, a roll of her eyes acting as evidence. His twin looks as if she wants to bolt and he wouldn't be surprised if she did. Chance, however, was enjoying himself.
1619384872190.png
Chance Matthews
mood: flirty, troublesome| outfit: XX | interactions: ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie (Winona); Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Lemon); Dazzle Dazzle (Hayden)| mentions: N/A

Last edited:
MOOD: Chill

OUTFIT: Hartfield sweater and jeans

basics
MENTIONS:
@AllGrahamsFriends

INT:
PenguinFox PenguinFox (lulu)
tags
TL;DR going ice skating with lulu
tl;dr
Graham Moore
can I go home now?

“I think you have more confidence in my abilities.” Graham chuckled shaking his head. He hadn’t ever been rollerblading either, but Lulu was making sure that he didn’t over think it too badly. Lulu was probably right anyways. Plus, it would be a good time out of the dorms. Actually, spending time with people outside of school had begun to make this little town so much more bearable.

As Lulu took grasp of Graham’s hand, he felt the warmth from her fingertips run up his arm and to his cheeks. Graham felt like he was tripping over his words even though he wasn’t speaking. “Oh…” He said quietly as he listened to her story. “I’m sorry that happened.” He didn’t know how to respond to Lulu, at least not in a helpful way. “I’m sure it was a worthy mission.”

“But don’t worry about me.” Graham shrugged his shoulders awkwardly, closing his eyes as he smiled. “I kept busy.” Okay, maybe Graham had spent most of his time hidden away in his dorm room, chatting online with Meera since she wasn’t supposed to hang out with boys, and he may have been under observation since the party on the beach. “Oh cool, cool.” Graham was sure that if Lulu thought someone was a good person, they had to be.

Though, everyone liking him, that was a difficult topic. “I don’t think I’m that easy to like, that Stu kid seems to really hate me… I have no idea why?” Graham chewed on the inside of his cheek as his hand fell to his side. “Oh… I- uh.” Graham didn’t have anything interesting, no adventures or exploring to divulge. “Just… Well… Mascot practice I guess?”

He let out a low chuckle, that barely was audible. “Nothing that could get me into trouble.” His eyes went wide as he pinched his lips together. “Not that-that is bad.” He said quickly. “I-I just mean that its like, cool. Yea…”

“Sorry.” He dropped his shoulders forward.

The two of them arrived at rink in record time. Graham had no idea how this town was so little, but yet there was so much to do and all in walking distance. It made the town even more tolerable, even if he did hide in his dorm at Hartfield more often.

He watched Lulu interact with the man she called Oswald. To talk to an adult in such a casual way, like he was one of her best friends. It surprised him, especially since he knew how her mom expected her to act. It made him feel more confident in this expedition, the man at the counter seemed to be well informed to say the least. Especially since he did so many jobs around town, he must have been very well versed in anything he came across.

“Thank you, sir,!” Graham smiled widely as he took the skates from his hands and turned to follow Lulu. “That was really kind of him.” Graham had a skip in his step as he sat down on one of the benches by the ice rink, slipping on the skates as he watched Lulu explain how to be successful for his first time on the ice. Graham nodded along watching Lulu and how she stepped onto the ice so confidently.

Graham stood up on the pavement outside, wobbling ever so slightly. He could feel that his center of gravity was already thrown off by the addition of another three inches to the bottom of his feet. Carefully he took steps towards the opening of the rink, grabbing onto the edge of the rail as he took one step onto the ice.

He looked up to catch Lulu’s eye as he cautiously took her hand in his. His second foot came off the concrete as it touched the ice.

For one moment there was a sigh of relief, his eyes looked bright, and a small smile was on his face. Maybe, Lulu was right. It would come easily to him.

Graham let go of Lulu’s hand and went to move forward, distributing his weight forward onto one foot. “Look Lulu! I’m doing it!!” Graham looked over his shoulder trying to face Lulu, and then he felt his body slip out from under him. The next thing he knew he was laying on the cold ice.

“Well… Maybe it won’t come that easily to me.” He chuckled.
code by valen t.

MOOD: oh wow possum

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Nils TexasKingPin TexasKingPin
tags
TL;DR
Peter meets a possum.
tl;dr
Peter Elliott
Sort of subtle, and perfect, and real.

The Nilsen Residence, known colloquially by its inhabitants as Fort Viking, was probably one of the coolest houses Peter knew about. Instead of a manicured suburban lawn like the Elliotts had, the house was encircled by tall grass and multicolored wildflowers. September had grown too cold for butterflies, and yet in the corner of his eyes, he found himself imagining them there anyway. It was stylized and eccentric, and yet comforting in its own sort of way. Peter had taken up a habit of waving hello to the carved wooden dragons perched on the roof.

The interior was equally odd and refreshing, a quirky and anachronistic mix of different furnishing styles. It was a shoes-off house, so Peter knelt down by the door to unlace his blue canvas high-top sneakers. This was a fiddly process that, when completed, Peter stood back up to find Nils had kicked off his own boots 40 seconds ago. Peter smiled and fought off the temptation to apologize for his choice of footwear.

The house, though, had adopted a new member since Peter’s last visit. Opal poked her head out from a pile of blankets on the couch, which Nils reached down and scooped up like a swaddled baby. Though ostensibly a wild animal, the furry creature didn’t seem to mind at all, looking up at her guardian with all the adoration of a new puppy.

“Yup, that’s a possum.”
Peter didn’t know why he stated the obvious, but the sheer confusion just made him say it again, this time with an odd little laugh. “That sure is a possum.”

He’d been made aware of the possum on Twitter a while ago, but seeing it live and in person was nonetheless surprising. Really, though, he had to admit Opal was a very cute and personable little lady. She was coated with thick silvery fur, and her round black eyes couldn’t help but remind Peter of his beloved Edward the Guinea Pig.

Also, the Virginia Opossum is the only marsupial found in North America, so that’s pretty cool.

Peter had seen opossums a handful of times before. They’d occasionally turn up scurrying through his backyard late at night or digging through the garbage bins, something which aggravated his father to no end. Seeing one in a house snuggled in a pile of blankets, though, was a whole other matter entirely. But once the initial surprise wore off, Peter smiled and waved to the possum (a useless social gesture to make to an animal,) reaching out his hand for her to sniff at and hopefully remember later. “Hi, Opal.” He spoke with the exact same cadence and intonation that he would to a human person. Peter wasn’t one to baby-talk animals… or babies, for that matter. He’d read somewhere that it helps language development more to hear normal speech. Not that language development is a priority for a possum. “I’m Peter. I’m a friend, don’t worry. I’m up here every now and again. No, I don’t have any snacks. Sorry.” He added the last bit as the possum looked longingly at his empty palm. Peter may have been the first in history to apologize to an opossum.

He looked back up to Nils, still cradling his soft grey pride and joy. “So I should probably unpack some of this, right?” He gestured to the duffel bag and backpack that had been abandoned in the corner of the room. “I mean, I’m probably just going to be leaving like 70% of the clothes the way they are. No point unfolding all that just to put it back in.”

code by valen t.

MOOD: Impressed but kind of in a Scared sort of way.

OUTFIT: Ryker's clothes.

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Ryker TexasKingPin TexasKingPin

tags
TL;DR
Ryker is cool, and Max has no idea what he's getting into right now.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

Let's get down to business

The still bewildered Max was led further into the room, up to the back of someone who gave one final kick to a suspended bag before pivoting around so sharply that Max instinctively jumped back.
Ryker was instantly recognizable. How could he not be? The rough and enigmatic Australian native was strikingly tall for a teenager, broad at the shoulders and complexion still shaded with a late summer tan. The knuckles of his hands were reddened and bruised from knocking a punching bag, but the rest of him was smooth and defined. There was really no better word to sum him up than impressive. Maybe a little daunting. Max certainly looked daunted, locked at the knees and bent at the neck to look up at the taller boy, pale blue eyes frozen wide open with one of his lower eyelids twitching slightly as if unable to facilitate a proper blink.

This wasn’t the first time Max had ever seen Ryker, but it was the first time they’d crossed paths on purpose. They were both Hartfield students, but in separate grades, and Ryker certainly didn’t hang out with the close circle of girls that Max had somehow become a part of. Ryker was someone he had only been vaguely aware of, up until these past two weeks when the older boy had taken pity on him and his Kat troubles. This sparked a Twitter correspondence, during which at some point Ryker saw Max’s spitfire ramblings about kicking Ryan’s ass (problem: Ryan was a thug built like a brick, and Max was a bony pile of long spindly limbs.) Though Ryker most likely knew that Max was practically committing suicide if he attempted this, he had kindly offered to teach him some proper fighting technique.

Max seemed to be very much behind the eight ball when it came to fighting. Even the kid who almost got murdered at the beach party apparently carried a knife. Though it might be surprising to those who knew him from his poorly planned and anxiety-driven activism stunts, Max was otherwise quiet and markedly well behaved for a 16-year-old boy. He seemed committed to avoiding the typical teenage antics: never been in a fight, never vandalized anything, never started a nasty rumor… never been kissed, god forbid anything beyond that. He almost seemed the type who’d practice abstinence until marriage on principle, but it was really much more of a lack-of-confidence thing.
In a lot of ways, this was actually a good thing. He got into enough trouble of his own kind; he didn’t need extra trouble on top of that. It wasn’t even like he was the only one who avoided these types of things. Still, it left him feeling inexperienced compared to some of his friends.

Ryker spoke to Max as if he expected more than the awkward stare that he got. Max tried, he really did, but the only words he recognized on Ryker’s mouth were 'you' and 'bag.’ Contextually, Max clued into what he was supposed to do, but he couldn’t help but feel alienated by the confusion. He smiled shakily, unable to bring himself to offer either a signed or spoken response, and hurried off to find the locker room. He actually ended up changing in the bathroom instead, though: locker rooms were always something of an uncomfortable situation for him.

He wasn't sure if the t-shirt and shorts were Ryker's or borrowed from someplace else, but they were clean and fit okay so Max had no complaints. Well, he had his usual complaint about shorts, which was that he really hated showing more leg than his ankle. He grimaced at his reflection in the narrow mirror on the wall as if it were someone unfamiliar and odious who stared back, rather than himself.

After that, he found the locker room, making his way through it quickly with his eyes averted to the ceiling to avoid anything he might otherwise see. He carefully folded Zach's jacket and his own clothes, sliding them into a small metal locker on the wall. Having never been here before, he had no lock and was forced to leave it simply closed. His jeans still held his wallet, phone, and house keys; hopefully, no one here was the stealing type.

Was he going to forget which locker he'd left his belongings in? Absolutely.

It took Max a minute or two to find Ryker again. Retracing his steps back to the exact spot proved difficult in such a maze of machines and equipment. Once he found Ryker again, who’d gone back to attacking the giant bag, Max waited for the boy’s arm to stop striking before giving him a tentative but firm tap on the shoulder to let him know he’d made it back. But after that, after they’d come face-to-face again, Max once again found himself at a loss for how to express whatever it was he was trying to say. He turned his hands out as if to imply ‘Show me what to do,’ but the frozen expression on his face said something more like ‘Help me.’

code by valen t.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back