• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Keys to Dtrir

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Eve climbed off of her Kalisk. She thoroughly pet the creature for a good moment, respecting it for carrying her considerable weight for the past few days. Looking up at the Floating Valley, Eve felt wonder towards the abnormal land. Her master went on multiple expeditions here, returning with stories of how dangerous the monsters could get. While Eve insisted on joining her master, the man felt the valley would be too dangerous for her to go.

But Eve was different now. She was a proper adventurer, one that has been through the most difficult quests with minimal damage done. Eve braced herself when looking up at the gravity-less land above. We will certainly face many dangers up there. And perhaps...we may even find my master... Eve stared up at the airborne platforms for a moment longer. She was determined to find her master, no matter where he was or how long it took.

She then looked up at Veronica, who spoke of the upcoming journey. "Indeed. I will try my best to help both of you survive the trek upwards, regardless of what monsters we encounter." Atlas and Veronica were currently Eve's only friends. She was determined to make the friendship last as long as possible despite the high risk of death ahead.

"Analysis: The monsters here will be hard to target and dangerous to battle. Proposal: If things get too tough, rely on me to help you two." Eve waited for Atlas and Veronica to lead the way up the stairs, wondering of what was to come.

Interactions: LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Critical.Over Critical.Over

The Floating Valley, Agon | 2:15pm | 400ft Elevation

Around an hour passed without event. Ryas maintained his lead, occasionally slowing down to make sure everybody was keeping up, but he accepted Fen's help in checking the ledges while gliding. It was apparent that a few members of their group had fears of heights, but so far nobody had voiced a complaint - meanwhile, the group was ascending higher and higher. The climb had been rough but not unmanageable. Along any gap that was too big to traverse simply by jumping, Ryas had constructed bridges out of his bag of tricks which had permitted mostly safe travel. At the moment, they were around 400ft in the air: high enough that a fall would kill any of them aside from the few that had means to break their fall. As they had been climbing, cloud cover had begun to blow in, and at this point they couldn't even see the ground; Ryas' estimate of how high they were was based off of intuition alone because the ground had been out of sight for at least the last twenty minutes.

69a82a1b93f021f062a64fa224744e59_zps1odk9aw8.jpg

The group was climbing steadily, and as Ryas looked back they were separated out on three different islands. The pieces of land had begun to shrink, leading to the group having to spread itself out on a bunch of different islands at once. Frowning, Ryas was about to call for them to wait and stick together - as he had said, their strength was in numbers - when the pit of his stomach dropped. Sensing danger, the small elf tensed up. "Everybody, grab onto something! Quick!" He cried just as the islands began to shake. The tremors were violent and the bridges between the islands broke instantly. Grabbing onto a nearby tree for his dear life, Ryas shut his eyes and squeezed the trunk of the tree hard.

Seconds passed.

c72fde7db489758bb16b7a3ff4654aa3.jpg
ISLAND ONE
Aryea, Slagz, Maximylon, Vilias, Eve, Tobias
LannaCrowe LannaCrowe PowerElite PowerElite 88monster 88monster Peculiar Panda Peculiar Panda Reis Reis N NovaLight
After the shaking subsided, Aryea, Slagz, Maximylon, Vilias, Eve and Tobias found themselves on a rather large island with what appeared to be a lake to the west. Tall rocks, easily stretching 20ft into the air, were also to the west whereas the east of the island was covered in flat land. Some of the characters may have started on a different island, or perhaps had been on an island with different people, but it appeared the shaking may have displaced some people or even changed the entire composition of the island itself. The fog was still present but not as thick as before, it was easy to see to the ends of the island but not beyond. All sounds were a little muffled by the fog as well. There was no sign of any of the rest of the party, and it was impossible to hear anything anybody said from the other islands either. Without Ryas' bridges, how are the characters supposed to get off the island? Aside from that, since one couldn't see beyond the island, what was to say which direction they were supposed to go anyway? As if the group didn't have enough problems, from the fog screeches could be heard slowly getting closer. What kind of monsters could be lurking in this fog?

a073ac8e8e632918de1565fc0e0fbf21.jpg
ISLAND TWO
Atlas, Clar, Lilia, Richer, Alexa, Metaralis
LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Uasal Uasal Zamasu Zamasu Emmi Emmi Mystikelh Mystikelh Bill Nein Bill Nein
After the shaking subsided, Atlas, Aguar, Lilia, Richer, Alexa and Metaralis found themselves on a rather small island with a river flowing through the middle of it. The water seemed to be falling from high up in the sky, and then falling off the end of the island where it disappeared into the fog without a trace. Some of the characters may have started on a different island, or perhaps had been on an island with different people, but it appeared the shaking may have displaced some people or even changed the entire composition of the island itself. The fog was incredibly thick and it was difficult to see a foot in front of one's nose, and all sound was difficult to hear. In fact, it was difficult to tell who even was on the island due to hearing and seeing difficulties, and the river could hardly be seen let alone heard. Without Ryas' bridges, how is the group supposed to get off the island? Aside from that, since one couldn't see beyond the island, what was to say which direction they were supposed to go anyway? As if the group didn't have enough problems, from the fog screeches could be heard slowly getting closer. What kind of monsters could be lurking in this fog?

49466f8ed2bc053b7b4bc0c13895a0a3_zps2hsmf7w3.jpg
ISLAND THREE
Katheryn, Layla, Delastarh, Aguar, Veronica, Fen
Vyseryx Vyseryx 88monster 88monster Mystikelh Mystikelh Critical.Over Critical.Over Zamasu Zamasu The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald
After the shaking subsided, Katheryn, Layla, Delastarh, Aguar, Veronica and Fen found themselves on a large island with what appeared to be staircases leading to the top... From the fog it was hard to tell what, exactly, was located at the top of the island but it looked like some kind of ceremonial platform. None of the characters had seen this island before, and all of the islands they had been climbing on recently had been devoid of any kind of human interference, so somewhere in the shaking the geography of the island must have changed. It seemed like a random assortment of the others in the group had been placed there too. The fog was still present but not as thick as before, it was easy to see to the ends of the island but not beyond. All sounds were a little muffled by the fog as well. There was no sign of any of the rest of the party, and it was impossible to hear anything anybody said from the other islands either. Without Ryas' bridges, how are the characters supposed to get off the island? Aside from that, since one couldn't see beyond the island, what was to say which direction they were supposed to go anyway? As if the group didn't have enough problems, from the fog screeches could be heard slowly getting closer. What kind of monsters could be lurking in this fog? Additionally, should the group approach the ceremonial platform?

Meanwhile, Ryas was nowhere to be found.

METARALIS FULGURHIEL - ISLAND TWO

Metaralis had fallen as the ground beneath him had collapsed under his feet. He crashed after a short drop into a pool of water, but it wasn't deep enough to break the fall. The black-haired mercenary pulled himself out of the small river, disoriented by the pain on the side of his head and left shoulder, the thick fog didn't help either.

He stood up on his feet, holding his left shoulder with his other hand, a small groan of pain escaping his lips. He tried looking around, but he could barely see anything in front of him, only vague shapes in the fog. And only the sound of the water crashing down on the rocks from above him and rushing off the island he was on reached his ears.

"Delastarh?" he called through the fog. "Anyone?" he added when his partner didn't answer.

He didn't really dare to take a step without being able to see in front of him, by fear of walking off the island by accident. His head was throbbing pretty hard, too, but it was Delastarh that had the med kit in his backpack.

"Fantastic. This is just peachy," he hissed in annoyance.

DELASTARH NAGAHOSHI - ISLAND THREE

"Meta, no!!"

Delastarh had tried to grab for his falling partner, but he missed by an inch. All he could do was watch him disappear beneath the fog and grab the nearest rock for his own safety. When he opened his eyes again, the tremors had stopped. He looked down into the fog, trying to see anything that could help him find his partner.

"Meta!! Where are you?! Answer me!!"

Nothing.

"Meta, please!"

But his words were devoured by the fog.

"No, no, no, no!" he grabbed at his hair, pulling them hard. "I hope he's okay..."

Suddenly, screeches could be heard in the fog, getting closer and closer to them. Whoops, that was probably due to his yelling. The human mercenary grabbed his guns and walked back a few meters, closer to the rest of the group, but keeping his eyes on the fog.

"Alright, I know me and my partner didn't really talk to any of you during the trip, but we'll have to help each other now. Name's Delastarh, by the way. I know, a mouthful. Just call me Dela. Now, anybody got a plan?"

Last edited:
When the ground shook, Lilia held tightly onto Layla as she tries to maintain balance, but the shaking was too strong for them to handle and in the process, they both fell down into the unknown abyss, separated from each other. The last thing that they ever hear from each other is their screaming.

"LILIA!!!"

"LAYLA!!!"

-------

Lilia Ratort

Lilia woke up on a bed of soft grass. She let's out a loud groan as she gets up. She checks herself if there is any injury, and there isn't aside from a minor sore which would then fade off within time. She looks around the foggy area she is in and she is now afraid.

"Layla? Maximylon? Reis? Anyone?"

She calls out her fellow adventurers, but there was no answer. She desperately tries to find at least one of the companions, but all seems to be lost to her. Despair befalls on her as she sits on the bed of grass, curls up to a ball, and begins to sob. Would anyone be able to hear her weeping? Her cries then intensifies when she hears screeches. She quickly gets up and starts running to who knows where she'll stop, unless she bumps into someone. Am I right, Uasal Uasal ?

-------

Layla Tigasin

Layla wakes up close to the stairs. After getting up, she looks around the area. The fog isn't as much thick as the other islands, so it should be easier for her to see. Her sense of smell picks up a bunch of familiar scents, and she knew that it is her travelling buddies. She followed the scent until she stumbles upon a small part of the group. One of them, Delastarh, asked for a plan. Layla decides to step in and points the stairs.

"Nuh! Nuh!"

Mystikelh Mystikelh Berries Berries

1520218299561-png.408453

6388d2a1db5121e05b575115c22372e1.jpg

Alexa hated it. And by hated it, boy, she hated it. With her knees shaking, she had her chin jutted out, looking down on everyone, pretending not to be scared. Fuck everything. Fuck life. Fuck you, Rice--whatever your name is.

"Everybody, grab onto something! Quick!" He cried just as the islands began to shake. Alexa cringed. "What the hell!? Why--" she was cut off by the bridges between the islands broke instantly. The terrorist cringed, and immediately held on to a tree. "We're all gonna fall and die," she kept mumbling. She then closed her eyes, bracing for the impact.

After the shaking subsided, Alexa's lip quivered as she opened her red eyes. She took a look around the place. She found herself on a rather small island with a river flowing through the middle of it. The water seemed to be falling from high up in the sky, and then falling off the end of the island where it disappeared into the fog without a trace. The fog was incredibly thick and it was difficult to see a foot in front of one's nose, and all sound was difficult to hear.

Her legs started to shake, and she quickly yanked her hands back from the tree, her cheeks tinging in embarrassment. Ha! It's not like heights aren't the only think I should be worried of! Suddenly, the fog screeches could be heard slowly getting closer. "Err...."

Did I just freaking jinx it? She took a deep breath. "Alright... alright.. I mustn't get ahead of myself." She took a deep breath, and slowly started to walk. Her chin out, she pretended not to seem scared, however, it was obvious that she was scared, since her legs started to shake. She closed her eyes.

"All I have to do is not look down..."

She looked down.

The color drained from her face and she yelped, tumbling back, accidentally bumping into a boy. "Hey! Watch it lady!" she snapped, her voice wobbly as she turned around, noticing someone with long black hair, and immediately assuming their gender.

Mentioned: Berries Berries || Interacting With: Mystikelh Mystikelh

"Hi there Della, I'm Veronica. Welcome to this island, or as I like to call it: Floater Island. I came up with the name myself." She said proudly for some reason, responding to the boy who had started speaking initially. After falling unexpectedly and landing on a large island, Veronica immediately noticed no one she knew was here. She did see a few people she had only noticed before. Most notably the feral looking girl, who was next to another set of stairs making a rather adorable sound. Veronica reached for her sword, only noticing it's missing weight from her bag when she had stopped looking at the girl and payed any attention to the clear weight loss in her bag. Damn it, lost my sword and my friends. And I broke my promise, hopefully Eve didn't. She thought, rather worried about their state, well more so Atlas' seeing as how he couldn't fly. She hoped her friends were okay. Despite how bleak and almost hopeless, what with everyone being separated on foggy islands with no signs of anyone else and all, the situation was- Veronica was determined to stay positive. She did so by distracting herself with pointless things like naming the island. Though in the back of her mind she was thinking about the fall. When the sword fell out. She did remember herself being launched with a large amount of force back first into a tree. The impact could've shot her sword right out of her bag, given that she had it open enough for her to draw it easily. That was all she could really remember, and based on that the sword was either far far below them or on another island. Not wanting to make the same mistake, Veronica reached into her bag and picked out her metal claws, equipping them before she lost them.

"You say plan, Della? Well, I suggest we get up to that island over there." She said, pointing up to the island with the ceremonial platform on it. "Based on the fact that I can just about see there is some kind of unnatural structure up there, we can assume that that island has something important on it that we should check out. Especially since, well I don't know about anyone else but, I didn't see it before. That's some crazy magic stuff right there. Though I doubt we'll get up there and it'll all be peaches. Up there, there'll probably be some kind of fog monster or something, and we gotta kill it to kill the fog and get the key. You know, the usual with adventures. Or at least the usual of adventures I've heard about." She said to the Della and the group. Veronica didn't believe there was a fog monster up there: Ultimately it wasn't so much of a plan as much as it was Veronica making an excuse to go up there and hopefully find her sword. Though it didn't make much sense that her sword would fall upwards, she couldn't really see anything else, and it was definitely not on this island. So she couldn't really imagine where else it'd be.

"Oh, I don't know. Anyone else got any ideas? That's just one thing we can do. Also does anyone have a special talent in finding swords. If you do then I'll need to speak to you privately." She said trailing off a little at the end.

Mentions: rest of people on Floater Island and more specifically Zamasu Zamasu
Interactions: Mystikelh Mystikelh

Last edited:
Maximylon
Maximylon coughed dryly and took in a fresh breath. The last thing he remembered was the boulder hitting him square in the chest before waking up to blue sky above him. Katheryn’s scream was still fresh in his mind, and he sat up to scour the area for her to no avail. A bad feeling crept over him and he shakily clamored to his feet, thanking Iveda for his chest plate and the effort given to forge it. He could feel his stress getting to him and he shut his eyes to stomach the situation... Only to catch the shrill screeches growing in volume.

“What in the god’s great divine is that?” He groaned, forcing his eyes open again.

His blood still thick with adrenaline, he scanned the area again, trying to pick apart his surroundings to find any way to get to his earl. But Maximylon didn’t know land well enough to know what direction the sun rose, and he couldn’t channel enough energy to create something that would support a number of people over a wide distance. Maybe with someone else’s help, he could form a bridge or make a beacon…

“Pardon me,” he called out to a figure not too far from him, a young woman with blue hair and fins. He picked a few twigs from his hair and brushed off his cloak as he made his way over to her, making note of the others he could see. The goblin, the man Katheryn fancied the wings of, and a few others. “Are you alright?” He asked, concerned and, though it was directed at her, he seemed to be speaking to everyone within earshot of him.

Katheryn
Katheryn didn’t breathe for a long time after Maximylon was gone. She didn’t feel the shaking stop. She couldn’t hear the voices of her companions. The earth below her knees slowly soaked through the fabric covering her legs, but she couldn’t feel the cold ground if she tried. Even the sword at her hip couldn’t make her feel safe. As if it had ever made anyone feel safe…

Ryas.

She took in a sharp breath and her blue eyes sharpened in focus as she looked for the kid, but was met with fog and land masses she didn’t understand. The group seemed to be gathering a few meters away, but the sound of screeching drew her hand to her hilt, and she stood with affirmation. As she approached the party, she scanned the skies for clues and allowed her will to become her armor. That was battle calling.

Mentioned: PowerElite PowerElite Peculiar Panda Peculiar Panda Berries Berries
Current Interactions: LannaCrowe LannaCrowe - Maximylon via Aryea

Island two. 2:40PM

He groans
What the fuck? I swear it be suuuuper ironic if the islands were the monsters.
He pretty much zoned out. He has a slight ringing in his head. As he now realizes he isn't standing. He has fallen in a rock....strange. That cut wasn't there before. He holds his hand towards his head. He feels the sticky, thick, and Maroon blood teickelimg from his Platnum Hair.
He stands up, he can't see in front of him, or behind him.
Can barely hear myself with this fog. Goddamn.
He feels a presence. He can't tell if it is his comrades or some strange monster.
"Hey anybody here. I've cut myself and I'm fresh out of bandages"
He hears a distant river. A small and low rushing sound. Kinda like the sound of blood coursing through his friends and enemies....
Richter you fucking cuck. All these years of practicing blood magic and you forget the blood flow.
He focus his magic energy, flowing like this river he concentrates himself with the life force of a person, the river of the person. The blood. His eyes grow a bright crimson. He detects a black haired mercanary shamefully pull himself out of the river. He hears a inhuman scream
"Fuck."
He runs toward the the mercenary....let's hope he is alive. He is met by a river.
"Seems he is in the other side."
He yells a the black-haired mercenary, most likely alerting any monster to him.
"HEY ITS M RICHTER. HELLO CAN YA HEAR ME"
he jumps and waves his arms At the merc.

Interacted/Mentions Mystikelh Mystikelh Metalaris Via Richter

Last edited:

Metaralis almost fell back into the river behind him when a woman just collided into him as she stumbled backward. He recognized her as a member of their group, and the one with a temper, too. And she was already barking angrily at him.

"You are the one who ran into me," he said, completely ignoring the 'lady' part. With his small stature and long hair, it was understandable why a stranger would mistake him for a woman. But his voice, though not as deep as certain persons, was undoubtedly masculine. "But I'm glad to see someone else."

Blood had started to trickle down the left side of his forehead and cheek, while the skin under his eye had darkened from where he crashed into the river's bed earlier. His left shoulder was still in pain, but he could still move it, a good news. Overall, his left side felt like crap.

"Alright, so I fell straight down from the island that should be above us. Hopefully, the tremors didn't make the islands float too much away from each other, but with this fog, it is impossible to know for certain," he explained to Alexa. He was trying to keep his mind active after the hit he got on the head.

Calls from the other side of the river made the man turn around, he recognized the drow elf from their group.

"Yes, we can hear you. The river is not that deep, believe me. You should be able to cross it no problem," he answered back over the thick fog. How could a fog make sounds not travel? Probably magic. Anyway, he decided to prove it by walking through the river to the other side. The water reached around his hips, which considering his height wasn't that deep. He joined Richter, hoping that Alexa would follow.

The black-haired man looked over their head, trying to see any hint of an island above them. If there was anything, he could make a high jump using the magnetic propulsor from his boots, but there was the chance that nothing was above them it could be dangerous. Instead, he looked at the river in front of them, then in the direction of where it was coming from. Surely, the waterfall above them would be leading somewhere. Anywhere.

"Does any of you know how to climb water? Or, I don't know, freeze it so we can use a knife to climb?"

He had to find a plan because he wouldn't trust that little jester elf to get them out of here.

[ Interaction(s): Emmi Emmi and Bill Nein Bill Nein ]

Delastarh lifted his eyebrows with an amused smirk at Veronica's ramblings. "Floater Island, huh? Original."

He followed the stairs going up with his eyes, the little dragon elf wanted to go up there and that Veronica lady seemed to agree. Heh, it was better than nothing. Plus, this was really intriguing to see something made by an intelligent species so high in those lands after not seeing anything as such for so long. But he was still worried about those screeches going on all around them, and some seemed to get closer by the minute. He couldn't help but worry about Metaralis.

"My partner fell down, though. Wouldn't there be any way for us to go help him?"

If the fog wasn't so thick and he could see the island under them, he would have probably jumped already to get to Meta. He felt lost without him. They were always together, fighting side by side. They needed each other! ...No. He needed Metaralis. But Meta had been a mercenary for much longer than him. He was tough despite his small body, and he could take on anything. He was the one who saved his life from a bunch of criminals, a few years ago. Whatever happened to Metaralis, he knew that he would find a plan.

With a sigh, the blond man nodded. "Alright, let's go up. Keep an eye out, though, I don't like those sounds."

Keeping his fingers near the triggers of his photon guns, Delastarh started to follow Layla up the stair. "Lead the way, little lady," he told her with a smile.

[ Interaction(s): Critical.Over Critical.Over and Zamasu Zamasu ]

Island Two
LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Uasal Uasal Zamasu Zamasu Emmi Emmi Mystikelh Mystikelh Bill Nein Bill Nein

As the group began to recuperate from the tremors and adjust to their surroundings, the fog slowly began to dissipate. Meanwhile, the screeches were growing closer and slowly the fog revealed what was hidden inside...
[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:400px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a0/73/ac/a073ac8e8e632918de1565fc0e0fbf21.jpg') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:400px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:200px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgba(20,90,50, 0.8); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class]
[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]Island Two
-hover/click-
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11parent][div class=fyuri11content]

e21dd7948a7eb01c917c5863daa65ff2_zpsv078mgxf.jpg

Creature: Griffin
Species: Common Griffin
Number of Attackers: 7
Attack: Common Griffin attack by using their brute force. Their strength is said to be the highest of all the Griffins and their claws are also the longest. The Common Griffin attacks by diving in on their prey and latching onto it with their talons and not letting go until the prey either dies or another of their flock comes in to finish the kill. Their bite is strong and can break bones.
Defense: Common Griffin notably trade speed for strength, so they are the slowest out of the Griffin. However, they have tough hide for skin that can absorb projectile hits and also can sustain multiple weapon hits.
Immunity: Common Griffin are extremely resilient against dark magic, and any attempts to delude them with illusions or control them using blood magic are easily repelled. Notably, they are one of the only species whose corpses will not rise from the dead if necromancy magic is applied.
Notes: The Common Griffin has long ears that work like a rabbit's: they funnel noise so that they have increased hearing capabilities.
[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11credit]code/design by Fable Fable [/div]
As the fog continued to clear, the Griffins began to circle above the island in tighter and tighter circles. Their intent was clearly to focus on the smallest target then get out, and their eyes seemed to be fixated on that one target: Lilia. Without warning, the largest of the Griffins dived down with talons outstretched aiming at the girl. Behind him, the other six Griffins screeched loudly once more and began to dive down towards the island as well.

Lilia Ratort

With the fog dissipating, Lilia can see at least a little of her surroundings. However, the screeches are getting louder and it is not until the fog reveals that there are a flock of griffins circling around the island, their formation getting smaller. The most largest of the griffins begin to focus down on one target: Lilia. They all dive down, their talons aiming right at her and are followed by lesser ones. Seeing this, Lilia gets her wand out and channels her magic onto it, or at least try to knowing her status. After charging, she tries to release an orb of energy, only for the resulting to be bubble size and instead of being thrown, it falls off the wand and pops upon hitting the ground. Lilia felt both embarrassed and hopeless. With the griffins closing in on her, Lilia gets down on the ground and screams as she awaits her demise, unless someone comes in and saves her.

--------

Layla Tigasin

Layla nods before leading the group up the flight of stairs towards what could be a ceremonial ground. As they progress, Layla's ears suddenly twitch when they picked up the sound of screaming from a nearby island. Layla would begin to make haste, going down on all fours and sprint like a horse.

Berries Berries Mystikelh Mystikelh Emmi Emmi LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Bill Nein Bill Nein Critical.Over Critical.Over 88monster 88monster

1520956904523.png
EL AGUAR RIVIERA

Island '3'

With the party ( Berries Berries Vyseryx Vyseryx 88monster 88monster Mystikelh Mystikelh Critical.Over Critical.Over Zamasu Zamasu - mentioning Clair ( Uasal Uasal ))​

Aguar simply chuckled to himself, as the woman spoke. Despite the fact he was somewhat disappointed that she had not heard of him, it was the rest of her words that amused him. "Yes, I am only half human - on my father's side. And, I must say, your logic is quite commendable." He did not seem to be lying with any of his words - Aguar was not the sort to speak the non-truth. He took Clair's hand, although less out of need and more to not come across as rude, and dismounted himself. He walked with her further up, getting uneasier as he moved, until something happened that shook him to his core.

It was clear he was not fond of heights. He had never really been subject to them, living on the ocean, and being on a floating rock, suspended miles (at least, that's what it seemed like to him) in the air. Sweat began to form on his brow, and his breathing quickened somewhat. He still had his wits, but he was ensuring he did not venture too close to the edge or to look down. Bridges were the worst. However, as the islands began to shake and the bridges snapped, that was when he began to freak out. It was a silent freak out - fear had took his words, and his mind.

It took him a solid few moments to gather his thoughts, silently singing an old sailor song to himself to keep calm. With his breathing at a (relatively) normal level, he began to look around. The island was seemingly inhabited by creatures that weren't friendly, and they seemed to use fog for cover. Not that it mattered. Forcing a grin, he raised a hand towards the fog to begin draining it of water. Rather than dispelling the water, however, he wished to take the water for himself - it was less tiring and quicker to simple control existing water than to create it, after all.

(sorry it's short - still a little busy)

Richter sees the gryphons swarming her
"Fuck off you bird pricks"
He draws his sword and Hurls a volley of Knives at the gryphons attacking Lilia. His knives Penatrate them but don't slow them down. He feels his blood wanting to attack the creatures.
Can't use my ace right now.
He pulls out a seemingly oversized axe. He charges almost twice the speed he was running. He runs up a rock and dives down. Decapatating the gryphon in a might swoop. Like the beast was made of butter.. The body crashes onto lilia but she should be unharmed. His voice sounds a bit ragged as he is covered in a thick layer of gryphon blood. Lilia probably is too. He quickly uses all his might to move the body of of her. He is successful.
"Stay here and refocus yourself. Your no use if you can't properly use your magicical Abilitys"
He drops his axe and pulls out his two shortsword. He takes a defensive stance. His body glows a shade of Purple and a few projections of himself appear.
Let's hope this confuses them.
The clones of him are nearly lifelike. Enough so that they could probably harm someone. They all mimic Richter exacts movements.

Interacted with
Zamasu Zamasu

Last edited:
The Second Island: Clair O'Reilly

Clair wasn't all too happy about climbing up the floating islands but none the less she pushed on and did as she was told. If she didn't well it was more than obvious from Rias' line of talking that she would end up dead. Maybe even worse. Although now that she was more than a good few miles up in the air she thought perhaps death would be coming for he none the less. With a soft sigh, Clair pushed on, leaving Aguar and his apparent fear of heights some pace behind herself. She felt bad for the man but she also felt that perhaps sticking with him too much would cause her to become somewhat of an annoyance. And well she didn't want that. So as I said on she went.

Come the time of the tremors Clair was somewhat in the middle of the group, feet on the second island and somewhere between the small lake and waterfall thereon. Clair was quite fortunate with her placement actually as despite the violent shaking she was left completely unharmed, a few scratches dotted her hands from gripping tightly to a nearby tree but one wouldn't really count those.

With the fog rolling in deep as well as all sound being dampened along with it Clair decided it best to hang tight but within a few minutes, she was hit from the side by another member of the group. Clair recognised her from the bar, she was the small girl who accompanied the smaller and more feral girl. With an 'umph' sound escaping Clair she stumbled. In fact, she likely would have fallen down was it not for the same tree that had previously saved her being within arms reach.

Everything after the impact happened so quickly, The fog around the island came to slowly dissipate and as it did griffons made an attack. Clair, of course, knew the basics of Griffon's and how to combat them as a result of her studies and deployment in the mountainous region of Elshil. The beasts were vicious, strong, well armoured and above all else majestic. Clair knew they were physically strong, immune to dark magic, had amazing hearing and had a thick hide. In other words, she knew that these beasts were going to be a challenge and that had she been alone. Well, she'd be dead.

And with that very thought in mind, Clair made it her primary objective to 'get the hell out of dodge'. She had no idea what anybody on this island was capable of other than the Griffons and well she knew the griffons were more than capable of killing off a village in such a pack. But they were slow and big. If she took to the tree line they were likely to give up on her and pray more so on the others. And that's exactly what she did, the first chance she got Clair broke into a sprint. There wasn't anything she could do in this situation anyway.
Zamasu Zamasu Berries Berries LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Emmi Emmi Mystikelh Mystikelh Bill Nein Bill Nein

ISLAND ONE

Vilias held on tight to whatever he could, not particularly wanting to fall off even if he could probably survive it. He knew the place wasn't the most stable and could shift or whatever from time to time, but this? He didn't think earthquakes could happen in the sky. Closing his eyes, he held on and waited the shaking out. When it stopped, he stood up carefully, and looked around. The fog that had been here had thankfully lessened considerably, and he could see other people around him. Though he could have sworn that he hadn't been with these people before.

He hadn't expected the ground to be so violent, as he was more than a little shaken (I'm not sorry) by it. He was going to try and make sure everyone else on the island was ok, when he noticed the screeches of...something, in the fog. His smile, more or less ever present until now, faded as he realised that he, as well as the others, were almost certainly in danger. Well, from more than just the ground now.

The screeches were unnerving him, but he had managed not to get injured by the shaking earlier. He asked himself quietly, "W-what...what is that sound...?" Not wanting to be afraid during a fight - it might not end too well - he took a deep breath and started to calm down. He could be scared later. For now, he had to fight. He used his energy magic to form a bow in preparation for the fight he expected to be coming, and ran over to the remainder of the group. When the man asked whether the group was ok, he gave a thumbs up before creating an arrow.

Not yet seeing a threat, he aimed the bow towards the screeches and prepared to attack. He couldn't waste any magic. While forming an arrow didn't take that much magic, the little amounts tend to stack up, especially in combat. He tried to match up the screeches to creatures he'd met, but he wasn't able to figure it out. "Hey, do you know what's making those sounds?"

Mentioned and interacted: 88monster 88monster

Island Three
Vyseryx Vyseryx 88monster 88monster Mystikelh Mystikelh Critical.Over Critical.Over Zamasu Zamasu The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

As Aguar slowly drew the water in and the fog dissipated, their attackers were gradually revealed...
[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:400px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i457/Hkis7/49466f8ed2bc053b7b4bc0c13895a0a3_zps2hsmf7w3.jpg') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:400px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:200px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgba(20,90,50, 0.8); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class]
[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]Island Three
-hover/click-
[/div]

d3efbf6b0617880f8b1bf32730275ae5.jpg

Species: Thunder Griffin
Number of Attackers: 10
Attack: The Thunder Griffin was named after it's ability to let out an thundering cry that is capable of shaking the very ground beneath people. While the cry isn't high pitched, its strong vibrations will render anybody close by deaf. The Thunder Griffin's shriek is strong enough to create air currents and can be visibly seen rolling through the air, and if sustained at close range will paralyze its target. Once their prey is immobilized or weakened, the Thunder Griffin then uses its immense speed to dart in and fly off with their prey in their talons.
Defense: Seeing that Thunder Griffin rely on distance attacks and only go in once their prey is weakened, they don't have much in the ways of defense. While their feathers are thick enough to shake off light projectiles, heavy blows or weapons easily break their skin. In order to gain speed, their bones are even more hollow than the average flying beast, and can be broken through blunt force.
Immunity: Thunder Griffin are resilient against nature magic and any attacks using elemental magic are easily repelled. Additionally, attempts to speak to them through animal magic don't end well because they look down on all humanoids and only will accept them as servants.
Notes: In order to locate their prey, Thunder Griffin have incredible eyesight: they are said to be able to pick an ant off the ground from over 500 feet away.

The Thunder Griffins kept their distance but circled slowly around the island and eyed the people down below. All of a sudden, they began to shriek, and the sound waves from their cries were visible as they travelled down towards the group on the island.

Last edited:
Her eyes remained on the sky as she followed along with the group, attempting to shake her worry with each step, but as the fog cleared and revealed what lay within, she felt her composure giving out. Her armor exploded across her chest, the iridescent blue of her magic flashed with the bound steel. "He that fights and runs away may turn and fight another day… But he that is in battle slain will never rise to fight again." Her father's words emptied from her in place of her own, and she drew her blade with a guided hand. She knew if she died here, she could do nothing for the dead, let alone her cousin. His wish would be for her to live.

The grip on her hilt tightened and she forced away her hesitation, pulling her gaze instead to the platform now clear of the veil of fog. Taking in the majesty, she felt like a child again, the hundreds of stories her mother told her were coming to life right before her eyes. Perhaps she could begin to believe in Dtrir after all this time. As the beasts closed in, she readied her blade and kept her wits about her, equipped with mother’s teachings and a blessing to have had Maximylon as a tutor.

But if the beasts never got close enough, she couldn’t land a hit… The sound waves unnerved her, and she could feel her armor falter in strength as she moved away from the group, attempting to scour her opponents for weakness. She distanced herself, waiting for one to land to no avail. Just as she was looking for a way to bring herself to them, a wave ripped into the ground where she had once stood, taking up chunks of earth and grass as it cut through the land. A glint of her fear was reflected in the bound armor framing her face and adorning her chest as they briefly lost sustainability.

A tremor shook through the ground and her eyes grew dark as she realized just how useless she was against opponents that can keep their distance. “Daxius… I need you…” She called to her cousin under her breath, looking across the group of flying, screaming monsters. Her armor grew lighter in texture as she began to give up hope of fighting, sword heavy in hand. She wanted to survive at all costs, but if she couldn’t fight, then what could she do?

Except be a nuisance...

She sheathed her sword and focused her energy into her armor, using it to shield her more than usual. The power inside of her would last in bursts and drain her quickly, but it would be up to her team to take advantage of her sacrifice. She took a deep breath, brought her hands up to cup her mouth, and called to them like she would call the cattle in. Her voice was loud, years of calling across vast lands and living to be nobility had given her a powerful voice, but the calls from the beasts were so much louder than she was. And she didn’t know if her plan to distract them would work for or against her in the long run.

Mentioned: Vyseryx Vyseryx Mystikelh Mystikelh Critical.Over Critical.Over Zamasu Zamasu The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald - This is fine
Current Interactions: Berries Berries - Katheryn via the stupidly pretty yet carnivorous griffins she decided to attempt distracting for some god-forsaken reason

Layla Tigasin

When the fog dissipates, the ones that have made the screeches have made their appearance. Griffins, more specifically the Thunder Griffins. Their shrieks have shook the ground, and Layla doesn't like it. As they flew down to attack their targets, Layla brandishes out her massive bone club, and when the end hits the ground, it leaves a small crater indicating the massive weight this weapon holds. The feral girl looks up, but then she noticed that Katheryn is drawing their attention. If she wanted to defend her group and be their scapegoat, then that is a 'no' to the feral girl.

-------

Lilia Ratort

Someone has come to the rescue, well, sorta. Lilia get off her position to see Richter in action. She slowly backs away, but then the head of a decapitated griffin lands on her and blood splattered her face. She was shocked, but then Richter used his magic to move the head away and tells her to stay. However, Lilia gets up, her wand still in hand. She doesn't want to be labelled as weak or anything, nor being told to stay in the sidelines.

"I'...I want to fight too!"

Lilia thought with a pinch of determination as she begins to refocus her magic once more.

"Please! At least a big one!"

Lilia begged to herself to create at least one huge sphere of magical energy. She channels her magic hard enough until a griffon begins to fly right at her. By the moment it comes close, Lilia quickly swings her wand to point at the griffon and in that moment, she fires a beam of magical energy, completely obliterating the incoming griffon. However, this beam is so strong that it pushed Lilia back until she crashes onto a rock. Cringing from the pain and exhausted from the amount of effort she put on that attack, as Lilia gets off the rock, she gets down on all fours, panting and lots of sweat drops down onto the bed of grass. She then lays down, facing up the less foggy sky and looking at until she slip off consciousness.

88monster 88monster Emmi Emmi Berries Berries Bill Nein Bill Nein The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Critical.Over Critical.Over Mystikelh Mystikelh Vyseryx Vyseryx Uasal Uasal LannaCrowe LannaCrowe

"Than stop your fucking whining and pick a damn target already"
He puts his short swords back in to his holster and Draws his Longsword. A shield seemingly appears in his hand. He sees lilia use her magic. He feels the orbs power. If it hit him he would probably be gone. But instead it hit that gryphon....well what was where that gryphon is.
"Damn big blast mate. Could've nuked an entire city with that magic albeit"
He spoke too soon. He hears her hit her skull.
Now I have to play defense. Heterosexual shield coming up
His shield grows in size so it's the size of a pavise. He holds his shield in a phalanx formation. But right before he could set it down, A gryphon swoops at him. Th gryphon manages to grab his shield with his arm in the bracket. It pulls upward suddenly. This maneuver dislocates Richters arm. He dangles through before he uses his upper body strength to build inertia, swing into the gryphons back. he suffers through a tremendous amount of pain, but it is suppressed with the adrenaline rush. He cuts the gryphon to draw its blood. He then places a hand in the wound to focus his
"Let's see you handle this"
He channels his energy on the magic flow of the gryphon. He feels the repellent of the dark magic... it is almost to strong.
"your blood is only a river, rushing, rapid, and moving body of water. It is to fast,furious, and angry. It's choking, dying starving....it needs to breathe."
He says this with the voice of a thousand people. The amount of Mana out into this is ridiculously high.
His eyes Glow red. He has never channeled this amount of energy before. Of the other islands were covered in fog still, they could see it through the fog. He is Making the blood inside the gryphon seem to run faster and faster. As if his blood was going at speeds comparable to light. He then tightens the flow of blood, creating more pressure. The wound is now gushing with blood and before he can safely dismount the gryphon implodes. He falls a bit and lands on his bad arm. You could here a sickening crack.
"Fucking a. Now me fucking arms shot"
He gets up. He ha slots feeling in his right arm. The best he can do is relocate the bone but his Humorus is fractured along with several metacarpals. He sheathes his long sword, with a bit of pain, and draws a singular short sword. He takes a new defensive position over lilia. Whatever copy's he made of himself have been dispatched.
Looks like illusions won't help that much.
He sees his Shield. It seemingly is untouched by blood somehow. Heck it looks cleaner than it did before
seems my shield is intact...better get that later.
He feels a Mana drain. Seems he expended a bit to much with that spell. Normally that one would barely be a tic of he ol scale but he had to overcome the barrier set in place. He feels extremely fatigued. He probably can't handle the next attack without some healing of some sort. He raises his sword.
Seems like this is it
He chuckles. He raises his sword at one of the gryphons. As if to challenge it.
"COME AT ME YOU FUCK"
Interacted with Zamasu Zamasu

Mentions
Island Two
LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Uasal Uasal Zamasu Zamasu Emmi Emmi Mystikelh Mystikelh

Last edited:
Fen, Island 3

The tremors of floating island surprised Fen. Years of climbing mountains did not prepare the young nymph for ground, that was shaking so vigorously. Fearing falling down, the mage suspended a large water disk in the air and landed on it until the strange anomaly subsided.

‘This fog…’ Fen thought looking around at the white clouds gathering around him. ‘I can’t see the others because of it.’

Slightly panicked the young nymph released his water magic and using his cape he quickly flew down in the direction he had last heard somebody’s voice. Fortunately for him soon the fog came apart, and he saw an island with weird constructs ahead of him, at which few other adventurers had also stopped. The mage landed slightly clumsily just in time to hear a blonde man in a red coat say:

“My partner fell down, though. Wouldn't there be any way for us to go help him?"

‘I could do it, but in this fog it’s really dangerous to fly,’ thought Fen, but before he could say anything the man seemed to calm down and suggested going up the island, also commenting on the weird noises.

“I’m afraid that there is more to those noises” Fen muttered under his nose. He didn’t like what he felt in the back of his mind. Particles of water in the fog moved irregularly, as if… something was in flying around them.

“Hoooly…” the nymph started, but before his words left his mouth the other water mage dispelled the fog and revealed to them a flock of winged monsters circling around the group. When they became visible, gryphons shrieked, sending a sound waves through the air, that caused the members of group great discomfort, bordering on pain even.

Much to Fen’s confusion, one of the group members, a woman named Katheryn answered them, with something that sounded like a herding call. ‘Is she trying to startle them?’ Fen asked himself, as he bent the water from his bag, and formed it into a dozen of icicles. He then took a powerful swing and sent the missiles into the closest griffin… only for them to splash against its feathers as if Fen just spattered on them.

“Well, shit.” The nymph looked surprised at his palms. It seemed his usual combat style was inefficient against the giant bird-monsters, which apparently had some form of resistance against elemental magic. As they weren’t yet attacking the group directly Fen started looking around, thinking intensely about the new strategy. Few ideas worth trying came to his mind, especially as his eyes stopped at the sword that woman next to him carried.

“Hey, love?” the mage said to Katheryn, as he waved his hands gathering water from his bag, fog and a small streams on the island. “If I make you a stairway to heaven, will you bring me griffin’s head in exchange?”

As he was talking, a series of icy disks formed in the air, firmly suspended in space and with coarse surface, that one could securely put the foot on without a risk of slipping. Together, they formed a sort of stairs, that swordswoman could use to close the distance between her and monsters.

“I’ll catch you, if you fall,” Fen added with cheeky smile and wink, but also with absolute confidence in his skills sounding in his voice.

88monster 88monster (Interactin with Katheryn)

Before anybody could answer his question, the fog dissipated on its own, revealing what was lurking behind it: Griffins. Those beasts were usually found in the chain of mountains in the southern part of Du'Rym. They were territorial creatures, causing many problems to the exploiters who dug in the mountains to find crystals and other resources. Metaralis couldn't say he ever had to fight a beast like that, but he knew a lot of things about flying creatures. Three of them were already down, killed by his companions. His eyes landed on a fourth one who did a dive toward them, missing its target. Before it could fly back up, the mercenary ran toward it and jumped, flying higher than any human being could jump with his propulsion boots. He reached the beast and grabbed a handful of feathers from its back, making the griffin screech in protest. Metaralis clenched his teeth, his left arm flaring up with pain, but this wasn't the time to think of his wounds. He pulled himself on the back of the creature, preventing it from reaching him with claws and beak without doing a deadly skydive. The Griffin screeched, doing everything to make him fall off its back. The black-haired man grabbed forcefully the longs ears of the Griffin, pulling them hard in a downward manner. With another screech, the beast was forced to go up to not lose its aerial balance.

But directing a wild animal wasn't easy at all. It trashed all around, at some point its beak managed to take a nip at his leg, blood tainting its feather in a crimson color. They were both zigzagging in the foggy sky, running into small floating boulders that could have ended both their lives if the Griffin couldn't keep flying. This was a stupid idea. A very dangerous and stupid idea. But Metaralis wanted to go up.

[ Interaction(s): Berries Berries 's Griffin, trying to ride it to his boyfriend or something. You decide the consequences. ]

The sudden blast of sound made the blond man recoil. Hands on his ears, he was disoriented for a moment. One of the women with them seemed to try to respond to them with her own call, but he had no idea what she was trying to do. The creatures were still circling them, but they were clearly hostile to them. He wasn't going to let them have the time to attack first. Taking aim, Delastarh shot at one of the Thunder Griffins, sending two bullets of pure light into its shoulder. He quickly started to run back down the stairs, quickly jumping behind a big rock as cover where he started raining bullets at them, aiming at any of them getting too close for his comfort.

"Come and get me, you bird brains!" He turned around to the others. "If any of them swoop down for me, you guys take care of them when they're in range!" he said before turning back and shooting again. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the Nymph standing next to the girl who just called the Griffins forming ice disks in the air. He turned his attention to them, deciding to cover them while they climbed. "I got your back!" he yelled at Fen.

[ Interaction(s): Covering Vyseryx Vyseryx and 88monster 88monster / Requesting help from Critical.Over Critical.Over Zamasu Zamasu The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald ]

Last edited:
It seemed as if only an instant had passed, but within that instant mighty Griffins had appeared in the sky. Admittedly they weren't actually doing much at the moment, a few being gutsy enough to actually try to come in for a swoop- only to be be shot at by some kind of thing in Dela's hand. Though one in particular did look as if it was ready to attack after being hit directly by a few thing-bullets. Then of course, she was given an order by Dela, who seemed to have taken charge of the situation..
"Cover you if they get close? Count on me." She said before her eyes adjusted to that nymph and the singing lady out in the open. Why she was singing at one wasn't exactly a question Veronica knew the answer to but it was probably related to some kind of attack. Each to their own magic I suppose She thought before returning her gaze to the circling enemies.

The waiting was exactly that, waiting the Griffins clearly weren't active hunters. None of them looked too keen on coming in for an attack.
"Okay, I'm kind of sick of this." Veronica said coming out from behind the cover. The Griffins were easily within jumping range of the ice platforms. Or at least she thought so. It took a moment to formulate a path that she could take up the ice platforms quickly that'd lead to the highest one, once she had that path in her mind though she readied herself to leap through them once a Griffin had flown just a little closer to be safe. Her expectation for the Griffin's actions became a reality and one began to fly just a little lower. "Now, Dela stop shooting." Veronica said making a break towards the platforms. "Sorry, I'll be using these first." She said to her two teammates near the platforms as she ran, not breaking eye contact with the monster above. It looked like it was preparing some kind of ranged attack. Dashing up the platforms, the rest of the Griffins seemed somewhat startled such a bold move had been made in a stalemate situation. The Griffin who had begun to prepare the attack had realised its error in being daring with its altitude, trying to retreat. But it was too late, Veronica had already lept off the platform onto the Griffin's back. She only just made it, luckily for her the Griffin was actually so low it was about the same level as the highest ice platform. Veronica clutched hard onto the pelt on the beast's back as it shook her about.

"Damn, stupid bird. Stop moving for a second." Her blue eye flushed red for just a moment. The blood in the Griffin's entire being freezing for just an instance, causing it to fall slightly as it lost the ability to move in that instance. It quickly regained control as Veronica smiled with satisfaction at the release that came with using her blood magic after so long, even if it was only slightly. She took the opportunity of the beast being frozen to stab her claw into the area where it's neck met its back, trying to get a more secure hold on it. She was positive no one would be able to recognise the use of blood magic at such a distance, she was quite high up in the air. The Griffin screeched once it felt Veronica's next attack, she had swiped at the base of its left wing with her other claw. Causing a deep gash. Veronica saw the effectiveness of the attack, she kept slicing at the hollow structure, trying her best to hold on in between being thrashed about on the Griffin trying to throw her off. Eventually, after the third swipe, she managed to cut the wing clean off. With no means to glide, the Griffin came crashing down. Veronica felt some pride swell in her: "Haha, take that stupid Griffin. You're no match for- crap."

...that was what she said when she felt her grip get loose. Her claw had alread unstuck itself and her fingers were getting sore from holding on for so long. Eventually she just couldn't hold onto the falling creature and was foced to let go. Veronica was panicking as she free fell through the air, she was so out of the way of the ice platforms so she coulnt possible grip onto them to stop falling and there was no way she could break her fall without breaking something inside her.

"ANYONE WANNA GIVE ME A HAND?" She managed to scream out in between the other screams for her life as she fell to the ground.

Interacted with: Mystikelh Mystikelh Vyseryx Vyseryx 88monster 88monster (and everyone on island 3 in regards to calling for help)

Island One
LannaCrowe LannaCrowe PowerElite PowerElite 88monster 88monster Peculiar Panda Peculiar Panda Reis Reis N NovaLight

As the moments passed, the fog cleared up enough to see a flock of griffins circling above the island...
[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:400px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/49/ee/cd/49eecdd77603ab1d95b8e1cde66b7a8c.jpg') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:400px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:200px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgba(20,90,50, 0.8); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class]
[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]Island One
-hover/click-
[/div]

8de56b22563d1436d4ee73b13cea08b4.jpg

Species: Albino Griffin
Number of Attackers: 6
Attack: Albino Griffins attack by relying on their strong defense. Seeing that it is unnecessarily energy-consuming to injure an Albino Griffin, they simply go in and flounder around until they eventually kill their prey then fly away. A large flock of Albino Griffin are one of the most feared occurrences in high-elevation towns because it is near impossible to kill a couple, let alone a flock. They attack by simply diving in and using their talons and beak to inflict injuries until their prey is either dead or severely weakened.
Defense: The Albino Griffin is notorious for being hard to defeat. While their attack capabilities aren't that high, their well-armored body makes it incredibly difficult to bring them down. Their feathers are more like flexible pieces of rock and deflect nearly any projectile thrown at them, and on top of it have a layer of scales beneath their feathers so even if you manage to cut through their scales they still have a backup.
Immunity: Albino Griffins are especially resilient against all forms of light magic and can deflect nearly all light-based projectiles with ease. Additionally, their presence is known to interfere with the summoning of spirits through spiritual magic.
Notes: They are extremely near-sighted due to genetic instabilities concerning their eyes.

The large beasts were circling the island closely but didn't seem to have very good sight of any of their targets. All of a sudden, one of the birds screeched, and all six griffins came plummeting down to the earth. They landed on an open stretch of land with a crash and in a triangle formation, starting to charge with wings outstretched at nothing in particular - indeed it seemed like they intended to simply keep on running until they bumped into something.

Island Two
Opponents left: 4

After one of the griffins was obliterated by Lilia's burst of magic, and two others taken out by Ritcher, the remaining four griffins seemed to decide to hunt in pairs. Seeing that the small girl and drained dark elf were essentially defenseless, two griffins lunged at Lilia and Ritcher: meanwhile, the other two had fixated on the woman running for cover in the forest. Screeching, two of the griffins started sprinting towards Clar with the aid of their wings. Despite the fact that they were slow, they seemed thrilled about a piece of prey that was running away.
Zamasu Zamasu Uasal Uasal Bill Nein Bill Nein

In the air, the mounted griffin spiraled up into the air for a little bit before screeching wildly. Seeming to decide that it was going to be impossible to get the human rider off its back in the air, the griffin dove back towards the ground: this time, instead of trying to preserve its balance, crashing into the ground. The force was great enough to easily shift the human rider's balance, but just to make sure the griffin started thrashing around on the ground to get this burden off his back.
Mystikelh Mystikelh

Other Island Two Members: LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Emmi Emmi

Island Three
Opponents left: 9 (3 injured)

The thunder griffins seemed to be biding their time for a bit longer when Katheryn suddenly started yelling at them. Eyes fixating on the woman on the ground, the griffins seemed to be profoundly confused, but by the time they readjusted their focus the stairs of ice had been formed. Before they could comprehend what the small humans below were planning, one of them had been jumped by Veronica. After the griffin's wing was torn off by the claw, it fell fluttering hopelessly to the ground where head-first impact broke its skull and killed it.
88monster 88monster Critical.Over Critical.Over Vyseryx Vyseryx

Meanwhile, the griffin that bore the brunt of Delastarh's two pistol shots was clearly struggling. The griffin's shoulder was greatly affected, and it was quickly losing altitude and sinking slowly to the ground as it tried to flap and stay airborne. A prize ripe for the picking.

In addition, Delastarh's bullets hit two other griffins that had fallen in the way of his numerous bullets. While they weren't as badly off as the first, one had been shot through the wing and was sinking slowly like the first, and the other had its foot shot clear off. However, the still sizable flock of griffins didn't seem to want to give in: mustering together a massive screech that rang towards the ground of the island: deafening all of the people on the island instantly.
Mystikelh Mystikelh

Other Island Three Members: Zamasu Zamasu The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

As soon as the griffins landed, he fired the arrow he had prepared directly at them...only for it to bounce right off, the griffin likely not even feeling it. 'Oh. That's annoying,' Vilias thought to himself, as he realised that these were creatures he likely could not harm. He could see quite clearly that they wouldn't really be fazed by his dagger, and his bow, made of energy magic, wouldn't work against something like this. It was quite clear to him that he wouldn't be able to hurt them directly without finding some sort of weak spot. The eyes maybe, but anywhere else, probably not.

Then again, the griffins didn't seem to really be charging at the group. They didn't really seem to have a target at all. They were just...charging ahead. As if they couldn't see. 'Why would a flying thing be blind though...how would they ever, well, fly? Maybe they just have...really poor eyesight?' While he thought about this, he cast aside his bow and drew his dagger. He doubted it'd get very far considering how durable these things looked, but maybe he could use their poor vision to his advantage... No, standing in the way of an angry thing charging that fast while pointing a dagger at its eye probably wouldn't go well, he decided. But he had to do SOMETHING. He darted just outside the griffins' paths, and held the dagger to his left shoulder. The moment it got close, he'd swing and stab it in the eye. Would it work? Maybe. If it didn't, he'd have to figure out some other way. He imagined a barrier of energy magic would just be pointless - it'd smash right through effortlessly, and it'd be a waste of magic. But maybe he could just prolong this for ages. He could heal any injuries he got as long as they weren't too severe, or at least, until he ran out of mana, and just kind of keep stabbing it. Its defences have gotta break sometime, that was just a fact really, but whether he'd be able to make it to that point was another matter.

He cursed his decision to come on this adventure - he was basically useless against in terms of dealing damage to enemies like this. He was glad there were other people on this island that could maybe do more. But he could still contribute at least. Maybe there'd be enemies he could hurt. If he made it through this anyway.

Mentioned and Interacted: Berries Berries (griffins)

When the Griffin suddenly dove back down, Metaralis almost lost his grasp on the beast's ears. It crashed back on the small island, probably shaking the ground with the force of the impact. The small man lost his balance from the hit and it only took a kick in the air to send him flying over the creature's head. Metaralis landed on the ground, creating even more bruises on his body. He could see stars dancing in front of his eyes and had trouble to get back up. Luckily for him, the Griffin seem to take as much time as him to get back up too.

If Metaralis was lacking in something it was a sense of self-preservation. Instead of trying to hide or run away, he turned around, grabbing the strange metallic object tied to his left hip. With a twist and a pull of the handle, the device deployed itself, bits and pieces moving outward to reveal a blue piece with a diamond-shaped hole in the middle. The hole suddenly started to shine with a blue light at the edges, producing a low buzzing sound and, in the blink of an eye, two blades of pure energy sprouted out of the large cross-guard. The blade was shining brightly and radiating an intense heat at its edges. Surely, the actual blades were blazing hot.

Metaralis took an aggressive stance at the best of his capacities with the bleeding gash on his leg. "If that's how you want it, then," he said in a low voice.

He had no idea what happened to the others that were with him, but that wasn't really on his mind right now. He always had been a lone wolf until he started working with Delastarh, and he only cared about the blond man. If the others were strong enough to be in this dangerous adventure, they had to be able to deal with a few beasts.

The mercenary let out a yell as he ran toward Griffin. Just before reaching it, he activated his boots to do a high jump, hoping to dive his sword right into the creature's back.

[ Interaction(s): Berries Berries (Griffins) ]

The blond man watched Veronica push the others out of the way and make her way up using the ice disks quickly. He kept shooting to protect her from any Griffin that would try to dive her from behind. When she yelled to stop, he lifted his guns into the air and watched her grab one of those giant chickens, letting out an excited exclamation when she did. She destroyed the Griffin's wing in a matter of seconds, making the creature fall to its death. Three other Griffins that he managed to hit with his shots were now getting closer to the ground where the others could do some damage. But Veronica was now free falling toward the ground, screaming for help.

"Oh no!"

Delastarh quickly started running toward her, hoping to somehow catch her and lessen her fall, but before he could reach her he was completely paralyzed by the Thunder Griffins' loud screeches. He could feel the air vibrate around him as the soundwave went through him. All he could do was put his hands on his ears in hope of blocking the sound. When the Griffins stopped screeching, all he could hear was an infernal ringing deep in his ears. The blond man blinked a few times, everything out of focus for him. He couldn't hear nor see the Griffins or the others. He was completely stunned for now.

[ Interaction(s): None. ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back