• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Keys to Dtrir

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Berries

Berry bad fruit puns
((OOC Note: Accordion below, click on your character's name to receive your letter.))
88monster 88monster LannaCrowe LannaCrowe PowerElite PowerElite The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Zamasu Zamasu Peculiar Panda Peculiar Panda Bill Nein Bill Nein Emmi Emmi Critical.Over Critical.Over Vyseryx Vyseryx Reis Reis

Aryea Kai
Miss Kai,

I am writing to you today to recruit you onto a team of adventurers I am assembling. We are in need of a healer, and seeing that our quest may take us underwater we would also greatly appreciate your experience in the ocean. I am sure that the experience would enable you to explore land to your heart's content, and most definitely assist you in developing your magic. You will be justly compensated for your work, however I will not lie and say that the road won't be dangerous.

If you choose to accept this invitation, please come to the Chubby Wolves Tarven in Namzu in three weeks. You should plan to arrive at 11am.

I look forward to meeting you in person,

Reis Flan

Slagz
Mr. Slagz,

Let me say I am a big fan of your work. Your ability to steal is unsurpassed, especially in the local area...

I have a business proposition for you. I guarantee that the potential payoff is large, massive in fact - it could engrave your name in the hearts of generations to come.

However, it will be a long and arduous journey. If you are interested in helping me, meet at the Chubby Wolves Tavern in three weeks. Meeting time is 11am, I advise you be on time.

Reis Flan

El Aguar Riviera
Mr. Riviera,

For a person with your talents, I strongly believe that you are destined for things much greater than simply hopping from ship to ship.

I am assembling a team of adventurers to seek out a great treasure that has been lost to many generations. We will be confronting many obstacles, and many of them will be dangerous, and I would like to hire you to assist in this journey. At some point, we will likely be crossing the sea, and in that case your skills will be useful. If successful, I guarantee that the payoff of this journey will be great, and the glory greater.

If you are interested in my proposition, meet me at the Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu three weeks from today. We will be meeting at 11am.

I look forward to seeing you there,

Reis Flan

Lilia Ratort
Miss Ratort,

As the youngest Ratort child, I am sure you are under a lot of pressure to be great.

I have a proposition that might make you the greatest Ratort in history.

I am organizing a group of adventurers to seek an ancient treasure which has been all but lost to time, and I invite you to be apart of my team. I can promise you that, if we succeed, we will be the most famous mages of our time - but if we fail, death will most likely befall us.

If you are interested in hearing more, please come to the Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu three weeks from today. We will be meeting at 11am, do your best to be prompt.

Reis Flan

Katheryn Virtunis
Miss Virtunis,

What better way to bring your family to fame than embark on a quest?

I am recruiting brave souls from all over the nation to join me in what will arguably be the most important venture of our generation. Glory will be abundant, but so will danger. Will you take these odds?

If you are interested in hearing more, please meet me at the Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu three weeks from today. We will meet at 11am sharp so please be on time. Of course, your cousin Maximylon is also welcome.

Reis Flan

Vilias Rileel
Mr. Rileel,

I am writing to you today to ask you to join me in a quest to unearth one of the most valuable treasures in our known history. I am recruiting adventurers and explorers from all around the globe in order to assist me on this quest, and would be delighted if you were able to join us. Your expertise regarding the lands of Elshil are unrivaled and would greatly aid us. I promise that you will receive just compensation in the event of the quest's success, but I can also promise great magic and personal growth in the journey.

If you are interested, please join us at Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu three weeks from now. We will be meeting at 11am, please do not be late.

Reis Flan

Richter Strauss
Mr. Strauss,

I would like to inform you of a high-stakes, high-reward operation I am organizing. I am assembling a group of explorers and adventurers to pursue one of the greatest treasures of our time. I promise that your time will be justly rewarded, but at the same time this mission will require considerable time and resources.

If you want to know more, join me at the Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu three weeks from today. We will meet at 11am, I advise you not to be late.

Reis Flan

Alexa Day
Miss Day,

I hear that you are in search of Dtrir in order to retrieve your parents...

I can't say that I can promise you your parents, but I can promise you Dtrir.

Meet me at Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu three weeks from today for more information. The meeting will be at 11am, don't be late.

Reis Flan

Veronica Jedah
Miss Jedah,

Perhaps this is an odd invitation for a painter, but I would like to invite you to join a group adventurers and explorers I am assembling.

We will be embarking to find one of the greatest treasures known to history, long since lost to our generation, and while the dangers will be abundant the reward will be worth any amount of hardship.

I can also assure you it would most likely give you inspiration for your art.

If you are interested in joining my team, please meet us at the Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu. The meeting is three weeks from today at 11am, please be prompt.

Reis Flan

Eve
Miss Eve,

I hear that you are in search of a certain man, lost searching for the Keys.

If you wish to find him, I propose that you join a team of adventurers I am assembling. We will be embarking to find those very keys, and may well result in crossing paths with your master again.

In addition to helping you out with your personal quest, I guarantee you that if we are successful in this mission, the fame and glory will be endless.

If you are interested, please meet us at the Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu. The meeting is three weeks from today at 11am, please be on time.

Reis Flan

Atlas of Dawn
Mr. Atlas,

I am recruiting adventurers and explorers from all around the region to assist me in searching for one of the greatest lost treasures of our time. I cannot tell you all the details now, but if you are interested in pursuing glory and fortune I have the perfect quest for you. I can assure that your time will be well compensated.

If you are interested, please meet us at the Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu. The meeting is three weeks from today at 11am, please be on time.

Reis Flan

Fen the Whimsical
Mr. Fen,

I am writing to you today to recruit you onto a team of adventurers I am assembling. We are in need of a person of your skills. I am sure that the experience would enable you to explore to your heart's content, and most definitely assist you in developing your magic. You will be justly compensated for your work, however I will not lie and say that the road won't be dangerous.

Meet me at Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu three weeks from today for more information. The meeting will be at 11am, don't be late.

Reis Flan

Clair O'Reilly
Miss O'Reilly,

I apologize for interrupting your early retirement, but I have a business proposition for you. I am assembling a group of adventurers and explorers to pursue one of the greatest lost treasures of our generation. I am a great fan of your work and would appreciate if you would consider lending your skills to aid us. I cannot provide more information at this time, but I guarantee that this venture will be well worth your time - and, if we are successful, will render you one of the most famous tacticians of all time.

If you are interested in hearing more, please come to the Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu three weeks from today. We will be meeting at 11am, do your best to be prompt.

Reis Flan

Metaralis & Delastarh
Mr. Fulgurhiel & Mr. Nagahoshi,

I am recruiting adventurers and explorers from all around the region to assist me in searching for one of the greatest lost treasures of our time. I cannot tell you all the details now, but if you are interested in pursuing glory and fortune I have the perfect quest for you. I can assure that your time will be well compensated, and not only that but this is certain to be one of the greatest adventures of our generation.

I look forward to meeting you two in person,

Reis Flan

Three weeks ago, you received a strange letter from a man called Reis Flan. You hadn't heard of him before, and no amount of asking around seemed to have come up with any results, but nonetheless you decided to accept his offer. Perhaps it was the promises of riches, or knowledge, or fame, but you decided to see what Reis had to offer. Travelling to Namzu, you might have had difficulty locating the Chubby Wolves Tavern: tucked away in the outskirts of the city, the buildings around it seemed to be slowly deteriorating, but the tavern itself was well kept. The day was bright without a cloud in sight.

Namzu, Capital of Agon | 11:00am | Chubby Wolves Tavern

Sitting in the center of the tavern in his usual bright jester getup, Reis was staring out a window contemplatively. Seeming to totally zone out as he sat, completely ignoring the mug of beer on the table in front of him, the elf's breathing was slow, but with each breath there was a small jingle as the bells on the front of his shirt moved. An odd mixture of serene and somewhat tacky due to his clothes, Reis waited patiently. Three weeks ago he had sent out letters to assorted persons all around the nation and further. Looking at each person and their skills his selection process seemed to have been totally random, but anybody who knew Reis knew this: nothing he did was dictated by chance. Hands steepled together on the table top, the elf was the first thing anybody saw when they walked in - vibrantly dressed, rather large and centrally located as he was. Besides, he was the only person in the place aside from the bartender - and, well, one annoying little boy.

"Reiiiisss, I'm boreeeed," moaned the said child. "When will they get here?!"

Ryas was dressed in a similar getup to Reis - colorful, excessively elaborate and hugely impractical. The floppy hat on his head bounced with every movement he made, and the sound of bells completely filled the small space. Sighing, Reis turned around to face his apprentice with a raised eyebrow. "They will be here soon." He responded with a flowing, musical voice. On his ukulele he began to absent-mindedly pluck on the strings, but as soon as the music started Ryas seemed to become calmer. The boy - or at least, what looked and acted to be like a boy - smiled and started humming along to the ukulele.

"What tidings bringst thou, messenger,
tidings of Dtrir?
Has it locked, shut itself away,
in a crevice far astray,
much to our dismay?

What tidings brinst thou, messenger,
tidings of the keys?
Have they been scattered around,
from air to ground,
waiting to be found?"

Ryas' voice rang out softly, reciting an old folk song that any native resident of Agon would recognize. Dtrir was all but a myth, nowadays, and nobody but a few regarded it as anything but a legend. However, there were old stories and songs that hailed the country, but those were few and far between. A few times in history, people have claimed to find maps leading to Dtrir, but those people were fast to be classified as insane and faster to be forgotten. The last remaining book about Dtrir, the Keys to Dtrir, had been lost years ago - published by the man who claimed to have fallen from Dtrir when it locked itself in time, but that man too had disappeared. Left with no evidence, the modern world had continued on believing that Dtrir was nothing but a myth.

Waiting in the tavern, the duo of elves watched passively for the door to open and their recruits to enter. At the door, the bartender was prepared to direct any newcomers to Reis' table upon presentation of the invitation. Despite their easy-going postures, both elves seemed somewhat pensive. They had been waiting for this moment for a long time, and now that the departure was so near they found it difficult to wait. Would everybody show up? There were bound to be a few who didn't - after all, over fifty invitations had been sent, and it was doubtful all recipients would respond. So who, then, would they be left with? Of course, there would be some people coming at a later date, under special instructions...

The bell attached to the door of the tavern rang as somebody opened it up.

Last edited:
Lilia Ratort & Layla Tigasin

Upon receiving the letter and read it, Lilia doubts if she could ever participate knowing of her weak magic, but then she thought of giving it a shot. Layla soon learns of this and begs for the apprentice mage to join. At first Lilia told her feral friend to not come due to her status, but after being begged for several times, she gives up and has Layla come with her so long as she doesn't cause any trouble. For the past three weeks, Lilia continues with her studies, her practice in magic, and her teaching to Layla on how to be civilized. The week before her departure to Namzu, Lilia showed the headmaster the letter and asked if she would be excused for an unspecified time. The headmaster gives her the go signal.

Lilia made extensive preparations and told her parents and siblings that she'll be off to a journey. They were worried at first, but after being told that she can do it no matter the situation, the parents and siblings lets her go. And so, Lilia and Layla went off to the tavern where they, or at least Lilia alone, will meet Reis. It wasn't a long journey since the two them lived in Namzu (with Layla staying hidden from the public until now). Just before the clock strikes at 11:00 AM, they would arrive at the Chubby Wolves Tavern. Before they could enter, Lilia takes a deep breath and turns to her feral friend.,

"You ready?"

"Un! Un!"

The two steps inside, the door clashed with the bell to make it ring as to notify the inhabitants of the tavern of their presence. The two girls looked around before a bartender comes up to them and asked for the invitation. Lilia shows hers and told the bartender that Layla is "her bodyguard". The bartender leads the two to Reis and his apprentice. Lilia made quite an observation to their outfits being bright, colorful, and flashy. Layla on the other hand finds them to be too feminine and thought that they are a gay couple. Lilia begins to speak.

"Excuse me, but which one of you is the one who sent me the letter?"

Berries Berries

Aryea Kai

Aryea stuffed the remaining empty potion bottles into her rucksack, smiling in satisfaction as she managed to buckle it up. Next to her, Hyles, an apprentice of Umes swam about nervously, after Aryea left, she would have to take over temporarily as the local Witch. Aryea had done whatever she could to equip the young mermaid with the knowledge she needed, and told her about all the potion books in the study, but the young girl was still restless, nervous about being left alone to care for the well-being of the people of Elysia.

"I don't think I can do this Aryea, I'm not ready," the young mermaid stammered, the fins on the side of her temples twitching.

"Hyles, you'll be fine," Aryea swam forward to give her a hug. "I've taught you most of the things you needed to know, everything is in the books in the study. If you're not sure about anything, you can always ask the Monks in the church, they'll try their best to help." She pulled away and tried to give her what she hoped was a reassuring smile, she couldn't possibly show that deep down, she was as nervous about leaving the Witch's cave as she felt. The smile seemed to work, and Hyles nodded timidly, " Shall we go then?"

For the next hour, they swam in silence, watching sunlight pierce into the watery canvas as they swam closer and closer to the surface until at last, they could feel the waves lapping against their necks and the Sun shining warmly on their cheeks. The beach was a few miles before them, but that was not their destination. Carefully, they swam towards the cave near the far end of the beach, evading the nets left by fishermen away for an early lunch. The shade of the cave was a cooling contrast to the warm sun shining across the ocean. Aryea proceeded to hoist herself onto the ground of the cave while Hyles kept watch of the entrance in the water. Taking a deep breath, Aryea cleared her mind and concentrated on her fins, willing them to become legs. She was out of practice, but soon enough, she could feel the familiar tingling sensation as her tail slowly split in half, warping and folding until they were legs. Aryea wiggled them around and felt her heart beat in excitement, finally, an adventure!

She pulled the garments out of her bag and dressed quickly, eager to be on her journey.

" I still think you should cover up more, the humans might think you look weird," Hyles sighed, glancing at Aryea's attire as she put on her remaining armour.

" Nonsense," Aryea chimed cheerfully, oblivious to the apprentice's worried gaze as she equipped her rucksack again, " If I wore what they wore I'd never get anywhere."

"Besides, if anyone tries to touch me-" she slid a small knife into the sea dragon skin sheath belted to her thigh, " I'll cut them."

After making sure she had all her knives with her, she picked up her trident with one hand and the letter with another and said farewell to the anxious mermaid, once again assuring her that she would be able to handle things on her own.

"Now," she peered at the letter, "Where to again?"

Aryea was rather familiar with the streets of Namzu, having visited the town as a human many times before her mentor, Sae had fallen ill. However, the Chubby Wolves Tavern was not a place she had visited, or heard of for that matter. She wandered around the town, her teal-coloured hair and unusual attire attracting a decent amount of attention as she inquired about the whereabouts of the tavern. It took a while and quite a bit of asking around before she finally emerged from the bustling streets into a seemingly abandoned part of town, with its run-down buildings and empty streets. The tavern wasn't hard to find after that, it was the only building that still looked like it was in business. She stumbled a bit as she made her way towards the tavern and hoped that nobody saw that, it really had been a while since she walked on land.

The bell jingled as she pushed through the doors, her attention immediately drawn to the group at the center of the tavern. A pair of brightly-dressed men and boy, a prim-looking young girl and another one who looked her complete opposite surrounded a table. She was momentarily taken aback by the unusual group and realized that she must have been staring when the bartender tapped her lightly on the shoulder.

"Miss," the bartender pointed to the letter, and then motioned towards the group. "Ah," Aryea nodded, and thought, " That must be them."

She made her way towards the group, hoping that she didn't look too enthusiastic. " I'm Aryea Kai, former Witch of Elysia, at your service."

She smiled and took a deep bow.

Atlas of Dawn

The horse-drawn caravan jumped violently as the wheel hit another rock on the path, jolting Atlas from his sleep.

" What? Where am I?" he groaned and pushed himself up onto his elbows, rubbing his eyes with his non-robotic hand. A quick glance to his left showed his belongings splayed across the caravan floor, the yellowing letter indicating his destination. Next to it, his pet Oz was still curled up in a furry ball, asleep, oblivious to the bumpy journey.

He shoved his things back into his bag and picked up the letter. " Ah, that's right." He was on his way to Chubby Wolves Tavern in Namzu, which may or may not lead to his inevitable doom. He had received the letter about 3 months ago, just as he decided that his marksman days were over. Having been tortured and having his right arm chopped off affected him more than he would like to admit. Granted, the bionic arm was an upgrade, but it wasn't the same, really. At first, he was almost sure it was a trap to lure him back into town so they could finish him off. But the name, Reis Flan...it struck him in a way, call it a sixth sense or whatever but he had to find out what this was about. Plus glory and fortune? That didn't sound half-bad.

So he packed his things as soon as he could and set off. He'd manage to convince a bard from Ammit to let him hitchhike to Namzu, and now here he was bumping along in a rickety wooden caravan. He peered out the window and saw trees passing by. Up ahead he could see an abandoned segment of a town, forming a wall between the wilderness and the bustling town beyond. The skies ahead were bright and clear, slightly tamer than the harsh sunlight that shone over the deserts back in Kamut.

Atlas hoisted is bag and sniper onto his shoulder, we must be close. Oz seemed to sense their proximity to their destination as well, and unfurled itself, stretching, before climbing onto Atlas's shoulders and perching itself there.

Once the caravan stopped, Atlas hopped off and paid the bard the amount he promised before making his way to the seemingly desolate part near the outskirts of town. With his stun gun holstered to his belt, he hurriedly made his way to the tavern, glancing over his shoulders every now and then to make sure he wasn't followed.

A bell jingled as soon as he walked in, catching the attention of the bartender who was pouring a drink.

" Hey," Atlas greeted with a tense smile, " Any idea where I can find a guy named Reis Flan?" He kept his finger poised on the gun, ready to launch an escape if he had to. To his relief, the bartender just nodded and pointed to a group at the table in the middle. If he didn't know better he might have thought they were part of a circus.

At the table was a pair of elves dressed like jesters, a feral-looking girl, a young female elf and a lady with fins sprouting on the side of her temples. The last one was dressed in rather revealing clothes, and he tried not to stare (or blush, for all his bravado he's actually never had any romantic encounters) as he took a seat at the table. " I'm Atlas, Atlas of Dawn," he said stoically, assessing each of them coldly, and returned his attention to the older elf with the ukulele, " And you must be Reis Flan."

Last edited:
When Vilias received the letter, he didn't quite know how to feel. He didn't know anything about the person who sent the letter, he didn't understand how this Reis person even sent him a letter, he didnt know anything. He sighed and said to himself, "Well, the best way to get answers, is to go."

He packed everything he thought he'd need - food, drink, money, clothes and such, as well as a dagger. Can't be too prepared after all. He stepped out the door and started his journey. Sometimes he hitched a ride if he could, sometimes he walked, but most of the time he flew. It was exhilarating to fly for so long through the air, but he had to make sure to stay low in case he got weak at some point. And he did, several times during the journey, and every time he had to spend a little bit healing his injuries.

When he eventually arrived, he was tired from the journey, his clothes were a little damaged from falling repeatedly then skidding across the floor, but he didn't have time to waste resting or getting changed. He asked people for directions to the Chubby Wolves Tavern, but it took some time to find someone who knew. Following them, he arrived at the deteriorating building and stepped in.

The bell rung as he stepped through the door. He'd never been in a tavern before, so this was a new experience. He was a little tense because he was indoors, but he was also excited. He went to the bartender and showed the letter, and he pointed to the group's table. He walked over, wings flapping a little, and introduced himself. "My name is Vilias. It's nice to meet you."

He really needed to practice introductions.

Slagz

Slagz woke up like it was any other day, in his creaky little attic far past noon. The room was a bit broken down and hasn't had any maintenance done to it in years. That being said, it was an ideal place for him. It was in the crummy part of the city and in the middle of a random alley way making it hard to pin down. The bottom floor is in worse shape and practically unlivable, so there's no rent and the only way someone's getting up there is with a ladder.

First thing he did was finish his drink from last night then continue to count his... 'findings'. He ended up tossing it all in a sack and tying it onto his belt. "Looks like an average night." he said aloud and opened up his window. The moment he did a letter he didn't notice sticking in the frame blew into his room and onto the floor. Slagz turned around and stared at it. "Odd..." He mumbled suspiciously. He never cared if people knew what part of town he was in, but precise residence? He really didn't feel like moving so hopefully this was all chance. He walked over and picked the letter up, opening and reading its contents.

"Reis Flan, huh?" he thought after reading who it was from. He's never heard of the man before and he wouldn't say he seemed 'trustworthy' by his letter, but at least it looked like he wasn't after Slagz's life or to take back something he stole. "The Chubby Wolves Tavern? That old place?" He knows of it, the bar is old, and far away from most of the city. Slagz actually went there occasionally when he wanted to be -really- alone. The meeting was set for three weeks from now so he had some time to burn. He decided to spend it selling as much stuff as he could and trying to dig up any info on this 'Reis Flan' though he found nothing.

Three weeks later the day finally arrived and he walked up to the Chubby Wolves Tavern. It was early in the mourning so there wasn't a soul around, even for this place. "If this is a trap they'll probably jump me when I walk through the door." He thought but shrugged pushed it open anyway, if it was he'll just deal with it as it happens. The bell rang and he stepped inside with no threat presenting itself. He took a glance around to see only the bar keep and one table occupied with a bunch of strange looking people sitting at it. He walked over to the bar tender and pulled out a few copper pieces, dropping them on the table. "Gimmie somethin' strong." He said and the bar tender took the copper and placed a whole bottle of whiskey on the counter. Slagz grabbed it and walked over to to the group without another word. He pulled a chair out and slid on it followed by immediately opening his bottle of whiskey and taking a quick drink from it. "Slagz, at your service." He said and leaned back against the chair, making himself comfortable.

Last edited:
1520082413325.png
EL AGUAR RIVIERA

Port of Namzu -> 'Chubby Wolves' Tavern

Listening to Reis ( Berries Berries , but open to interaction)​

The 'Red Ox' merchant fluyt was barrelling through the waters, at speeds rarely seen with ships - especially one of its size - as it sailed towards port. Easily travelling three or four times faster than usual, the currents beneath blasting the ship through, the wood on the underside began to creak due to the speed - yet, it held. The Red Ox was a stubborn ship, Aguar noticed, and it was going to take a little more than some strong currents to smash it apart. Just as stubborn was the Captain. Despite not being armed, Captain Davies insisted on sailing through known pirate hunting grounds. Yes, they were travelling far quicker than any pirate ship, but it didn't matter how stubborn a ship was - all it would take was one well placed cannonball to tear through the hull and send it to the ship's graveyard beneath.

Aguar sighed as he felt his magic slowly begin to drain. He wasn't using much magic to move the currents, but over the course of a two day voyage - which would have normally been at least a week - he was starting to feel a little empty. Still, it wasn't long now. Looking down at the parchment letter before him, written in fancy handwriting and signed with good penmanship, he nodded as he finally made up his mind.

"Land ho!"

The voice of the lookout echoed from the crow's nest, cutting through the air like a hot sword through flesh. Putting the letter away into the pockets under his plated leather armour, which the leather being coloured the same as the metal so foes would find a hard time judging where the plated metal is, he walked to the side of the ship. True to the lookout's word, there was the familiar sight of a port city looming in the distance.

It did not take them long to approach. Sailing past other galleons at speeds that made their captains' jaws drop, five minutes was all the Red Ox needed to charge into port. For the final stretch, Aguar cancelled his spell, allowing Captain Davies to approach at a reasonable speed. It took the Captain longer to reach port and anchor down than it did to sail to the horizon, which clearly baffled him. Aguar simply chuckled at the gruff man's observations, and held out his hand to accept his payment. A large leather bag of coins, no less. After all, captains really enjoyed it when he cut nearly a week off of their sailing time.

So, Aguar bid the captain adieu. He stretched, his bones clicking into place, as he began moving towards where the man in the letter said to meet. He practically knew all the taverns in all the coastal towns and cities, and this was no exception. Although, it wasn't one he would've picked himself...a little too quiet for his taste. Perhaps that is why the man chose that tavern - perhaps he wished to ambush him. After all, he was the cause for many a pirate who danced the hempen jig, and it was entirely feasible for a pirate to attempt to track him down to kill him. That, however, was not the impression he got from the letter sent to him - so, he decided to trust this 'Reis Flan'. He approached the tavern quickly, and entered it. Inside, he saw many different people - two flamboyant elves, two elven girls, what seemed to him to be a mermaid (being a man of the sea, he could recognise one quite quickly), a man with a metal arm - he had heard of men who dedicated themselves to technology, as opposed to magic, and finally a fairy and a goblin. Aguar made sure to keep his money well within the folds of his armour, to ensure its safety.

Walking up to the bar, he began to speak to the bartender. "Two mugs of water and a mug of rum, please." The man looked at him oddly, but did not seem to complain. A gold coin was a gold coin, after all. Downing the two mugs of water in quick succession, he thanked the man as he brought his mug to a table near to the other folk.

4570e26ebb7e96bba8d24f20d88fc527.png

6388d2a1db5121e05b575115c22372e1.jpg

The white haired woman gritted her teeth as she read the letter that was given to her. Son of a bitch. You have no right to nose around in my business, she thought, immediately crumpling the piece of crisp paper in her hands. She then thought for a long moment. Maybe I can use him in order to find my parents, she grinned to herself. She uncrumpled the piece of paper, and read it thoroughly again. "The Chubby Wolves Cavern?" She muttered to herself. "That's very convenient," she whispered to herself. She's here in Namzu right now with the Nights, enjoying a nice drink with her group, away from everyone else.

"Yo, boss, you good?" one of them asked her. "Someone threatened you? Want us to kill them, Lexi?"

Alexa looked at them with her broken red eyes. "No, it's alright Rufus." She paused for a long moment. "You know what... OI! JOHN! You're in charge... I have to go somewhere," she shouted, grabbing her satchel and darted towards the actual town itself. "MOVE!" She yelled at random people on the roads. She started to shove random people away, a few of them falling to the ground. "ASSHOLE!" One of them shouted, helping their wife up. The red eyed female coldly stared at him, and he cringed, not saying anything.

With her bow behind her with arrows, she started to pace quickly around the area, looking for the tavern. "He could've at least told me directions," she growled, kicking a rock, which hit a horse and made it run. "Watch where you're throwing rocks!" a boy shouted, running after his horse. Sighing, Alexa lifted up her white scarf, covering half her face. She looked around the place, and noticed a boy with blonde hair walk into a building. Alexa stared at it for a long moment.

Oh. That's the tavern.

She could tell by the way it looked. It seems... quiet. Alexa chuckled. Maybe this Reis guy knows his stuff. If Alexa wanted to discuss something privately, of course she would have chosen an empty or abandoned place.

With a pokerface, she slowly walked into the tavern, her chin high, and her ruby red eyes looked down on everyone, her scarf still over her nose. She immediately noticed a few elves, a woman, a guy with a bionic arm, a fairy, and a goblin.

She slowly started to clap, lowering her scarf. "What a wonderful group of people!" she said, sarcastically. She then looked around the tavern, and walked over to the table with the others, and rudely sat down, lifting her legs on the table, and leaned back, crossing her arms cooly. "Oi, Reis, or whatever the fuck your name is--" she started, "you better have a solid plan if you decided to waste my precious time."

Mentioned: The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald PowerElite PowerElite Peculiar Panda Peculiar Panda LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Zamasu Zamasu || Interacting With: Berries Berries || Mood: Pissed

Fen, outside the Chubby Wolves Tavern

“Reiiiisss, I'm boreeeed. When will they get here?!"

Those two sentences made Fen froze. He was sitting outside of the Chubby Wolves, under one of the windows. Two elves, looking like jesters, had just entered the building and were talking right now. And the two sentences young nymph overheard, suddenly put two crucial pieces of information into his head.

First - the older of the two was apparently Reis, the same person who Fen had received a letter from. A letter which had found him, even though nobody should know that Fem the Whimsical was staying at the outskirts of Bilita.

Second – ‘they’. There were more letters. And more people invited.

As he heard the younger elf singing, one thing became clear to Fen. It was likely not a trap. It still could a stupid joke, or some other scam, but it at least didn’t seem like meeting with the two inside would be dangerous. The appearance of other peculiar individuals, who made their way through the doors of tavern unscathed only confirmed that belief.

Fen rose from the ground, adjusted the backpack and cape, and confidently entered the building, feeling an excited grin forming on his face. He could not wait for the adventure, that was apparently coming. As his eyes scanned the ones who assembled in the tavern, he couldn’t help but notice, that many of them looked dangerously, but that didn’t bother him too much. He too was dangerous, after all.

Fen’s eyes stopped at the younger elf, as he sent him his widest smile, before turning to Reis.

“Good day to you all!” Fen greeted the people at the table, before tipping the non-existing hat at the direction of Reis. He then moved around the table and put the hand at the chair next to the younger elf, before asking him: “Do you mind if I sit here?”

Berries Berries

Veronica was making a meal for herself when she heard the flap in her door for letters flap about. Someone had delivered something. Veronica always had a problem with this, she was distracted very easily- and now even though she needed to be concentrating on her cooking she wanted to see what was inside the letter. Or if it was even a letter at all. It could’ve been a parcel. Maybe the extra cat food she’d ordered. “Nah something that big will not fit in that flap.” She said to no one in particular- now completely oblivious to her burning food. “Ah forget it, let’s see what’s at the door. I don’t even remember what I’m doing here.”

Much as she initially thought, there was a letter there. She picked it up and sat down on a chair near the door to read it. One of her cats leaping onto her lap. “Three weeks today, Reis Flan. Sure, sounds like I can make a profit out of this. Right Gloves?” Veronica said, summarising the letter to Gloves, the second cat she had adopted into her home. The cat simply stretched out before leaping off. “Alright, I don’t know what you mean with that response but I’ll take it as a yes.” Veronica said also getting up, she needed to figure out what she’d bring. She took out her rather large rucksack tucked away under her bed, the one she brought on little adventures like this. Naturally her sword and claws were already in there- she hadn’t taken them out since the last outing she went on. “Maybe I won’t even need these,” She said giggling to herself before she remembered “wait, I can’t. There’ll be other people there.” Reality of it hit her like a storm, she wouldn’t be able to use any of her magic around them, initially she wouldn’t be able to at the very least. Well, least she couldn’t use it around them when they’d notice. Veronica didn’t like the hiding her magic idea but she had no choice and it wasn’t enough to turn her away from this. She decided to finish packing later as she felt like there was something she was forgetting about and she couldn’t quite remember. Until her fire alarm went off.

Three weeks passed and Veronica was just outside of the tavern. It wasn’t too hard to locate, Veronica was familiar with the area. In fact she actually had a drawing of this area. She opened the door, half expecting it to be a joke, though all of the doubt in her mind about this being real was erased when she looked at the ridiculously large and varied group sitting at the far table, it looked kind of cramped. “Oh okay, it wasn’t a joke.” She said, rather nervous about walking over to such a large and somewhat intimidating group.

“Hey hey, the gang is all here! Long time no see guys!” She said jovially approaching them, trying to match the confidence that some of them seemed to exude- but probably not coming across that way. She dragged a chair over to the table, sitting next to what appeared to be a nymph (though she wasn’t too sure, she wasn’t familiar with them). “I’m kidding by the way guys, I don’t really know who any of you are haha...” she laughed awkwardly and cleared her throat. “Well okay, that’s a lie. One of you are uh, Rice Flan?” she then checked the writing on her hand, “Shoot, Reis Flan. Sorry Ric-REIS, I mean Reis...I’m Veronica...”

Berries Berries Vyseryx Vyseryx Emmi Emmi The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald PowerElite PowerElite Peculiar Panda Peculiar Panda LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Zamasu Zamasu

Richter Crumpled the note and Threw it aside on the road he was traveling on. It was a bit outside of Namzu
"Mr. Strauss. HAH. Nobody has called me that one before"
He chuckles at the use of formality for him. After all he isn't quite used to having kindness bestowed upon him. He ignored that part because it was the proposition that had him. He was low on funds and planed to make the big bucks out of this
"If this is what it seems I should get rich off my rocker"
He is eminating Exitment as he walks into the Namzu, feeling like a million dollars.
After getting hopelessly loss, per usual, he eventually found the Chubby Wolf Tavern where he entered and sat at the bar
"Bring me a Pint of Mead"
He drops a few coins on the table

The Invincible Lazy General: Clair O'Reilly

Clair was never really the type to take a stroll through the city outskirts, they were old and run down. Lawless and quite frankly stunk something more than foul. The outskirts were a place for those who wished to partake in unlawful acts came to play, trade, slaughter and find pleasure. A place where shadows held even the morning light hostage. Yet here she was, slowly but surely making her way to some tavern she had never even heard of prior to three weeks ago. And why might you ask? Well, you'll find that's a very good question but unfortunately, you'll find no real answer. Perhaps it was the thought of the money that perswaded Clair to act, perhaps it was the fame. Perhaps it was simply intriguing. None the less here she was and to be quite honest with every second that came to pass Clair came to regret her decision more and more.

Upon reaching the tavern Clair quickly made her way inside, and upon doing so was immediately met with quite the surprising bunch of folks. Those being a set of jesters, a pair of children, one she-devil, an 'overly ripped and almost definitely compensating for something' man, a fairy, goblin and what she could only describe as 'quite possibly a woman but perhaps a man' half human. Who by the way had a surprising ability to chug down mugs of overpriced tap water. With a soft sigh, Clair took in the sight before her and after a brief seconds thought decided it best to steer clear of this 'invitation'.

As such when asked by the barkeeper if she had received one she simply shrugged and responded with "I'm just here for the tap water". After a faint smile escaped the bartender Clair moved to the opposite end of the tavern, as far from the others as possible, and took a seat. It wasn't long after she had one so that yet another member joined the group, a woman with snow-white hair and a very bad attitude this time. Her Evident anger management issues combined with the fact the woman was rather pretty made Clair only want less to do with the group. In fact, the whole ordeal soon pushed her to drink. A tap water first followed by a strong ale afterwards.

Soon after sipping her Ale Clair came to focus on the group once more, three new faces striking her all at once. A young Nymph, yet another pretty woman and... a 'loud-mouthed idiot'. The group certainly was unique and despite being a literal tavern away Clair had no trouble listening in on the group's conversations. Let's be honest even the dead were likely to hear the loud concoction.

With her ale in hand and a few sips of it into her, Clair turned her focus back to the halfling. She was almost certain 'he' was a 'man' at this stage but was still somewhat unsure. The whole elven mix and hairstyle were really throwing Clair off. At this stage, her onlooking was bound to be quite suss but in fairness, she just couldn't help it. She needed to know if 'he' was a 'he' or if 'she' was a 'she'. Because if 'she' was, in fact, a 'she' then that would make three pretty women and Clair was not mentally prepared to deal with such an awful situation. Also on the of chance, 'he was a 'he' then.... well you know.... 'he' was quite something. And Clair wanted something to bring home. (innuendos.... haha funny!).

(Open to interaction)

Richter got up, burping quite loud. He fixed his jacket collar.
"Now that I have the right state of mind"
He giggles, he now has a slight buzz so his roguishly good looks can take true form. He puts his Scarf down so his entire face is exposed. He runs his grey hands through his silky white hair and approaches the rest of the group
"Greetings I have received an your invitation"
He checks his pocket for the incantation to find a Blank Piece of paper. He then uses his illusion magic and copy's the letter word for word down on the paper. He stabs the paper through with a knife that seemingly came from nowhere. Attaching the paper to the table with the dagger.
"Richter Strauss at your service"
He winks with at the Clair and sits down haphazardly on a chair. He sips on his mug of ale.

Last edited:
L O A D I N G - Booting System...

Commencing System Check
Memory Unit: Green
Initializing Tactics Log
Loading Geographic Data
Vitals: Green
Remaining MP: 100%
Temperature: Normal
Internal Pressure: Normal
Activating IFF
Activating FCS
Initializing Armament Connection
Launching DBU Setup
Activating Inertia Control System
Activating Environmental Sensors
Equipment Authentication: Complete
Equipment Status: Green
All Systems Green
Combat Preperations Complete_

Eve calmly opened her eyes. She sat up slowly, rubbing her face with morning drowsiness as her sheets slid down her body. For a moment she looked around without recognizing her surroundings. Soon afterwards she remembered where she was and why she was out there.

I've had another dream... The reason Eve was so confused was because of her dream, an event that happens regularly. Every few months, Eve dreams of the times she lived with her master. Upon waking up from the dream she always feels as if she were just there. Sighing, she reviewed the information that refilled her head.

Eve was resting in an inn on the outskirts of Namzu. Her home in Elshil was an abandoned lab, one that was being managed by trusted automata that would preserve its cleanliness and functionality. She was journeying to find her master, a brilliant technician who went out in search of mysterious 'Keys.' Initially Eve had little idea where to start, planning to search the continent in the hopes of good luck. That is, until she got her letter.
Miss Eve,

I hear that you are in search of a certain man, lost searching for the Keys.

If you wish to find him, I propose that you join a team of adventurers I am assembling. We will be embarking to find those very keys, and may well result in crossing paths with your master again.

In addition to helping you out with your personal quest, I guarantee you that if we are successful in this mission, the fame and glory will be endless.

Reis Flan
She was confused about why Reis Flan knew her location and her master. But if he had so much information, it was indeed possible that she could find her master by following him. Eve set her course for Namzu 3 weeks ago, using her drones to help walk the entire distance. She didn't trust others enough to help her travel, and she wouldn't remove any machines from the lab and risk their safety. This being one of her only opportunities to rest during the entire trip, Eve spent the day before recharging. She wasn't in dire need of sleep after that amount of time, but sleep would refresh her in case of an upcoming battle.

"Objective: Find the Chubby Wolves Tavern. Scanning geographic data... Coordinates found. Activating combat preparations." Eve had scanned a map of Namzu and used it to pinpoint the location of the tavern. She then summoned her two spirits in case the letter led to a trap, an event she felt well prepared for. Both spirits took the forms of robotic creatures. The white one, Shu, could heal her and shoot arcs of electricity at the enemy. The black one, Schwi, created shields and blasted high energy rays at a target. With the two of them supporting her magically charged bullets, Eve felt confident enough to handle any threat.

When everything was in order, Eve casually leapt out the window. She landed on her two drones, which allowed her to hover in the air and reach the adjacent rooftops. Using this method, Eve followed the map on her HUD through the rather run down outskirts of the capital of Agon. It took mere minutes of travel to arrive at the tavern. It looked surprisingly well kept despite the surrounding buildings.

Steeling her nerves, Eve sensed no danger but mentally prepared for battle. If this wasn't a scam, there was a chance that she could find her master. Eve knew that she shouldn't get her hopes up. But the promise of accomplishing her goal was too important to ignore (no matter how shady it sounded).

She opened the door and quickly scanned her surroundings. She indeed saw an "assembled team of adventurers" inside. Most obvious of all were the colorfully dressed elves in the center of the tavern. Deciding not to let the intimidating team stop her from her goal, Eve almost furtively walked to the group and sat down.

1520126005770.png
EL AGUAR RIVIERA

Tavern

Drinking rum next to a person ( Uasal Uasal , Bill Nein Bill Nein )​

The man sighed as he drank further from his mug. His voyage on the sea was behind him, yet he was still feeling the negative effects of such a trip. Not to mention the salt from the water spray and the hard work but the two days of constant spell casting, with minimal sleep at best through it all, had exhausted Aguar. His eyes were physically tired - not only were his irises red, but red lines were starting to creep around the outsides of his sclera. His eyes were bagged, and his clothes smelt strongly of salt. While he loved the sea, it was harsh to its fans. Oh well. Nothing a good mug of strong booze and a few hours in a warm bed couldn't fix.

Then, he saw something out of the corner of his keen, bloodshot eye. A woman, probably older than he was (though, probably not by much), wearing military uniform was looking at him. At first, he assumed she was just looking at him to judge whether or not he was a criminal or some similar law related reason, but then he saw the look on her face. At first, she seemed confused but then...something else. He wasn't exactly sure what he thought of the second feeling he thought he saw rushing across the woman's face. He thought, that in this instance, it was best not to mention 'it'.

Still, a little part of him was curious about it. Downing some of his liquid courage, he looked towards the lady. "Is there anything wrong, miss?" His voice was quite rough, from the lack of sleep and his recent days on the sea, but it was still quite calm and kind. It also had a foreign tinge to it that may send shivers down a young woman's spine - quite romantic, in a sense (after all, his name is a mixture of French and Spanish :P). "I noticed you looking at me, and I must say I wonder why. Judging from your uniform, I hope I haven't done anything...illegal?" There was something else about the way he said 'illegal'...flirty? It was certainly different, and in a good way. Or bad way, depending on the woman's viewpoint. Just as he finished speaking, however, he saw someone else approach the woman. Assuming that the woman would be more occupied with the new male, he returned to drinking. He was still paying attention, though - he was still intrigued by the woman.

Richter is giving side eye to the blond halfling next to him. He can't believe that woman would be flirting with someone as simple as him. He might actually be jealous of Clair for even getting the attention of this elf. But never the matter he wasn't as impressive, or even as attractive as the halfling next to him. He finishes his mug
"Barkeep. Give me something stronger"he yells. He waight patiently for his drink which arrives within the minute. He takes a swigg. Jeez this is stronger than the might of an ogre. Good thing I can hold my Booze he giggles. He isn't as drunk as you would think he is. His near ebony-grey skin has shades of pink and red to it, his hands tremor as if a earthquake was happening for his hands seems I underestimated this drink he gives his signature sexy grin towards his drink.

Mentions The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Uasal Uasal

Maximylon watched his cousin's fair hair glow in the dawn's fresh sunlight, and the dewy, cool morning air of Namzu reminded him of home in the north. The sound of horse hooves to unpaved road was as soft as a lullaby, but he dare not sleep. He breathed in deeply and the nip of the capitol's casual heat felt coarse as it settled on the back of his tongue like spice. He longed deeply for Cape Lostpoint. He longed for his mother.

Two weeks prior, they had left the snowy cape, leaving behind the only home they'd ever known. They left a week late, as Katheryn insisted he celebrate his mother's mourning day, even though they were forced to ride their horses ragged to make the journey within the given frame. Among other things, he felt a deep guilt that permeated every thought he had. This journey weighed on them greatly, but they were desperate, and time was scarce. He had cost them that time, and though he knew Katheryn would bully him for the strain he put on himself, he was aware, deep down, that she would have never done the same to him.

And as the crest of the sun blazed past the horizon, and cleared into the sky, they arrived in Namzu as a pair of tired children, unprepared for what was to come.

##​

Katheryn slipped off her horse and reined the cold blood in the rickety stable, feeling like her legs might give at any moment. Maximylon passed her and continued into the next stall where he did the same, giving his horse new hay and then proceeding to take care of hers. She would normally have stopped him, should the straw he laid out not looked so fucking comfortable she was sure she could pass out in it. Heavily tempted by the dirty stall bed, she stumbled into the open square, feeling a thousand miles from home and sick to her stomach.

Katheryn Virtunis knew herself well enough to not be fooled by her own exhausted body. This was a primary state to piss her off. "I need a drink," she stated blandly, and Maximylon could be heard strolling up behind her as he finished with the horses. He sighed, but she knew he was smirking, and she put her hands on her knees, feeling the dried musk ox from their early breakfast coil in her stomach.

"I think you need rest and water," he chastised, "after we meet with the request."

She wanted to stop feeling the pain of the journey immediately, but she nodded to his rationality. The wave of chills that came over as she straightened and forced a patient look over her features felt like a damn omen. Today would be hell.

##​

"Thank the gods it’s a bar," she mumbled as they approached the Chubby Wolves Tavern. Katheryn looked upon the establishment like it was an oasis in the desert of her worst nightmare. Her thighs were killing her, and she thought if she didn't sit down soon, her ass might fall off.

“You’ve said that several times already,” he retorted mundanely, walking close behind her. “Don’t go in sword drawn. Today, we have to make a decent impression.”

Before she would allow him to pull his veil of common sense over her eyes, she stalked up to the doors and left her cousin behind. The patient mask melted away to an icy glower as she pushed through into the tavern. Her eyes immediately passed across the faces of adventurers and her shoulders tensed, her hand going to her silver hilt.

She didn't hear him approach, but Maximylon was beside her then, and slighted his hand over the hilt along with hers, keeping the blade sheathed. He deftly stepped in front of her and presented a smile to the barkeep and then to the group. He nodded to those who met his gaze. He waited until she settled and removed her hand from the sword before turning and placing his hand on her back, negotiating her forward toward the group.

Having no intention to sit now, she stopped them a few paces away out of caution. Maximylon occasionally whispered to her as the group cited introductions and went about business, and she seemed to trust him to his insights. He watched the goings on from her shadow.

Unable to fashion a better expression due to exhaustion, she settled with a scowl and never removed her eyes from the flamboyant man in the center of the chaos who was unmistakably her caller. This was the man who promised her fame and glory: Reis Flan.

Tags: 88monster 88monster LannaCrowe LannaCrowe PowerElite PowerElite The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Zamasu Zamasu Peculiar Panda Peculiar Panda Bill Nein Bill Nein Emmi Emmi Critical.Over Critical.Over Vyseryx Vyseryx Reis Reis Mystikelh Mystikelh N NovaLight Uasal Uasal

Namzu, Capital of Agon | 11:05am | Chubby Wolves Tavern

Promptly at 11, people had begun filling in the tavern. It seemed that the nymph Fen had preceded them, and the tactician Clair had elected to sit across the tavern from the group, but Reis was satisfied with the turnout. Ryas was excitedly turning his head around the room and digesting the new faces - he had heard about them all from Reis and could identify them by description, but he personally hadn't seen any of them before. Looking up as a voice spoke to him and asked to sit beside him, the small elf grinned brightly. "Of course! Take a seat, Fen!" Ryas invited, tapping the chair with a nod before looking away to continue his observation of the room. He offered no explanation on how he knew the nymph's name, but his friendly response made it clear he meant no harm.

Looking around contemplatively for a moment, Reis sat still for a few more minutes before abruptly putting his ukulele away. Deciding that this was most likely the most people that were going to arrive, he nodded to himself. This was enough. At the last moment before he began talking two more people entered the room - a human duo by the names of Metaralis and Delastarh - and Reis was silent for a few seconds longer to make sure they were in hearing distance before he began to speak.

"You are probably wondering why I called you all here today." The elf said in a loud, commanding voice - demanding that all other chatter die down.

"My name is Reis Flan. I have been hired to assemble a group of explorers to seek out one of the most precious treasures of our time - one that has been lost for many generations. The journey will be arduous and dangerous to the upmost degree, and I have selected each one of you based on your individual skills. If we are successful, not only will we be famous, but I can assure you that the riches will far exceed any of your expectations.

I have implied this already but I will state it outright now: leave immediately if you are not prepared to risk your life in this venture," Reis paused, scanning the group solemnly, "this is your last chance to back out. If you decide to stay and hear me out, you will not be allowed to leave. If you should attempt to do so, you will not be leaving alive." The elf stated. Perhaps, at face value, Reis didn't look all that imposing - especially with the caliber of mages and warriors assembled, many were probably thinking they could escape his grasp in a moment. However, an unsettling aura was radiating from the elf, and that in itself was enough to inspire fear regardless of the host's outward appearance. He gave a pause to allow any person who wanted to leave to do so before continuing.

"Now that I have assurance of your loyalty, let's get to business...

2345 years and 3 months ago, the Kingdom of Dtrir closed itself off from the world. It used the culmination of all magics to open a rift in space and store their kingdom inside of it - planning to reopen once the danger to their kingdom had passed. However, Dtrir miscalculated. In order to close the rift, they made a lock - the keys to which were the only way of opening it again. As the rift was closing, the keys were dropped and fell to earth...

Dtrir has been locked in the rift ever since." Reis stopped for a moment to gauge the reactions of the group. This would be hard to believe and many would take it badly, he knew, but he hoped to at least keep their attention for a little while longer. Taking a scroll out of his bag, he slapped a map down on the table in front of him for anybody nearby to see.

Map%208_zpsanrenmpa.jpg

"So far, I know the location of 5 of the 12 keys to the lock, and am currently investigating the locations of the others. As far as we know, there is one key for every magic type of known magic. The keys are exceedingly hard to find due to the fact that they usually use magic in order to conceal themselves, and their magic is so powerful it is often treacherous to get near them. The first of the five keys is located near here," Reis pointed to the marker on the map, "and is the key of gravity.

Perhaps you have heard of Agon's Floating Valley?" Reis questioned briefly, not waiting for an answer. TheFloating Valley was considered one of the world's greatest magical anomalies: an entire valley consisted of nothing but floating rocks and plants. It was unknown how so much gravity magic had been centralized in one place to allow so much of the land to float. It hardly resembled a valley at all anymore, and instead was more like a stairway to the sky because pieces of land floated so high in the air. Many people had tried to venture up the stairway, but nearly all of them had died attempting to do so - the rocks sometimes violently shifted without warning and threw people off, and one person who had made it down the stairs claimed that he had been attacked, though he wasn't able to say by what he before he died of his injuries.

"The reason why the valley floats is because that is where the gravity key fell to earth. That is our first destination." Reis stated firmly. "We will need to make it all the way to the top of the staircase to retrieve the key."

For the first time, Ryas spoke up. Raising his hand like a student in class, the elf smiled at the assembled group. "The immediate threats are: falling to our deaths and attack by unidentified creatures," he said with altogether too much excitement to be talking about life-threatening peril. "I'm Ryas, by the way! I'll be your guide for the majority of this mission." The small elf added, standing up out of his seat but that didn't amount to much given his height. "The plan is to leave immediately and we have arranged for Kalisks to transport everybody. So, if you guys don't mind, the Kalisks are stabled outside." He said with an innocent smile. Kalisks were a local form of beast similar to horses - just with longer tails, sharper teeth and pretty vicious horns. They were very expensive beasts, and the fact that Reis was able to provide funding for nearly twenty of them added quite some heft to his words.

"Don't forget, guys... No trying to run off without us!" Ryas added with a giggle, "unless you want to die, that is..."

With that, Reis and Ryas began walking towards the tavern's stables. Reis didn't seem concerned with whether or not the group came, but Ryas looked around at everybody happily. Once outside, Reis whistled once and a black-striped Kalisk trotted up to him and nuzzled his hand. Vaulting onto the creature, the large elf sat comfortably astride the beast while he waited for everybody to pick out a mount of their choice and prepare to go.

Last edited:
"You had me at treasure boss"
He smiles a flashingly,ifnot blinding from the contrast of his skin, smile. He laughs with Gusto enough to warm the hearts of everyone
"And Kalisks. Tool notch mounts Cap' love those buggers. Last time I rode those was when I was clearing out a den of Bandits, thing killed off more of them than I"
He laughs nervously. He lied at that some of the details. He killed People who were trying to execute him for his blood magic ability. Not killing bandits like a noble warrior. But the acts of some animal about to lose his life. He did use the kalisks kill them all and flee. Only for it to wander off the moment he unmounted. He wishes he could find it. Poor grimfaang Hope your still kicking you bugger (the pet name he gave the Beast)

Lilia Ratort & Layla Tigasin

"Wow, there are so many people that have been invited as I thought."

Lilia thought as she makes observation at the arrivals of those that have been invited, from mages to warriors of different race, species, ethnicity, and others. Once there are no more people to come, one of the jesters stood up and calls himself as Reis Flan, the one who invited Lilia and the others. The two elves settled down as the jester starts to speak of his reason of inviting the people. The reason for inviting is because he is gathering a group of adventurers in search for keys to a long lost kingdom, and by the mention of Dtrir, Lilia's ears perked up.

"D-Dtrir?! But I thought that was a place of legend! Are you mean to say that the long lost kingdom is actually real?!"

Lilia could not believe what she has heard, thought Layla did not seem to mind. Also, while listening, the feral girl has her hand placed on the apprentice mage's, her fingers intertwined with the latter. She gets herself closer to Lilia, and once she got close, she lays her head onto her shoulder and start licking her cheek. Lilia didn't seemed to mind as she is so focused in the situation. Back on the discussion, Reis slaps down a map of Agon and pointed out where the first key lies; the Floating Valley. Reis explained that the group must head up the stairs, and not risk falling to their deaths. The other jester stood up and calls himself Ryas, Reis' apprentice and the groups' guide. After saying about the risks, he then says that there are Kalisks waiting for them outside. Now, Lilia has no knowledge on how to ride such creatures, and never she has touched them. Once the meeting has adjourned, the two jesters went out to where the Kalisks are stabled. Lilia and Layla would follow along with the rest. Once they're outside, the two elves went over one of the Kalisks. Lilia went shy as she approaching it, only for the latter to sniff and the former jump in surprise. Layla went up to the Kalisk up close, observing it in a curious manner before hoping onto it.

"Lilia! Lilia! Moh! Moh!"

The feral girl called out her mage friend, who is still scared. Lilia looked at Layla before slowly approaching the Kalisk and hop on it, with Layla up front. Lilia held onto Layla's waist, still afraid that the Kalisk might go against the two. Her body is shivering in fear, almost losing her grip. She gets her body stick close against Layla's and her head bowed face first onto her shoulder. Layla blushed at this gesture. She glances at Lilia and spoke.

"Lilia...not be...afraid..."

"I-I know. Its just that...this is my first time."

"Lilia not worry. Layla do riding."

Lilia felt a bit of comfort in Layla's rather limited statement, her shivering slow down until a complete stop. She tightens her grip and gets her head off of Layla's shoulder.

"Okay...I trust you in this one."

"Un! Un!"

Layla nodded with a smile and Lilia smiles at her feral friend back.

Berries Berries Peculiar Panda Peculiar Panda Bill Nein Bill Nein Emmi Emmi Critical.Over Critical.Over Vyseryx Vyseryx Reis Reis Mystikelh Mystikelh N NovaLight Uasal Uasal 88monster 88monster LannaCrowe LannaCrowe PowerElite PowerElite The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

Richter follows the strange duo, not even bothering asking questions about that weird Feral girl. He looks at the Kasalisk. His eyes light up with joy
"Grimfaang. Is that you"
He goes up to the familiar Beast and pats its head. The beast responds with effection.
"Do glad your still alive,"
He whispers into the ear of the beast
"Hope your lips were sealed to animal mages"
His gaze is scary. The beast seemingly laughs like what he proposed was rediculous.
He mounts the creature. He would symbolically raise his sword but it seems he has misplaced it. He is worried for a second before he firmly grasps the handle on his back
Yep still there
He awaits for a command to move.

merm.jpgAryea Kai

Aryea watched as the remaining adventurers filed in one by one, taking in their age, build, and even their tolerance to alcohol. She was here as a healer, a potions master, and she had to take everything into consideration. Medicine works best when tailored to each person's needs and traits. If anything happens, she would have to be the one to take action, so she didn't want to waste any time getting to know how each of their bodies worked.Of course, she wouldn't need to ask for specifics until later, so for now, she was simply content with observing the group.

Most of the people here looked like hardened warriors, and the women who have come through the door looked like they were here to intimidate, especially the one with white hair and red eyes. For a brief moment, Aryea felt like she didn't belong in the group. Sure, she would be able to hit a moving target with her trident or her knives, but in a close-range combat? Her water magic would be enough to knock them out (assuming that the opponent did not wield water magic either), but it certainly would not be powerful enough to kill, unless she drowned them. She gulped silently and reminded herself that she was a healer, not a killer, not unless she absolutely had to. She returned her attention back to the others, keen on distracting herself from her own thoughts.

Other than the few humans who seemed to be part of the rumoured ones who dedicated their lives to technology, the only other person who really caught her attention was a half-human with ash-colored hair, or more specifically, his sword. It radiated with the energy of water magic, and so did he. It was almost as strong, if not stronger, than the water magic that seemed to naturally exude from most mermaids. In fact, it was prominent enough for her to feel it in her skin, even though she was a few seats away. It struck her as a bit odd seeing that she's never met someone which such powerful affinity for water magic who wasn't a mermaid. But then again, she supposed that there were still many parts of the world that she has yet to explore She squinted at him, from his looks, she could almost be sure that he was the man who used his water magic to sail the seas, speeding across the oceans like a demon, and almost running over several mermaids swimming near the surface on more than one occasion. But as of now, he was preoccupied with flirting with a rather attractive lady in a military uniform, so she just let him be. Looking around once more, she recognized a few faces. Kathryn and Maximylon- an heir to the once-powerful Virtunis family, and her cousin. She wasn't familiar with human politics but she had seen them in passing once and heard whispered tales of their family's tragedy, she furrowed her brows, she can only imagine what they wished to accomplish by joining this strange entourage.

Before she had the chance to ponder about the background of the rest of her companions, the taller elf spoke, his commanding voice immediately silencing the chatter in the tavern.

She listened intently as he briefed them, her eyes widening as he mentioned Dtrir. She wanted to ask he was serious, but she figured that no madman would have gone out of their way to assemble so many dangerous people for a wild goose chase. She peered at the map that he had opened up and watched in awe as he explained. Oh dear Umes, her face paled momentarily as they brought up the threats, but all was forgotten when they brought up Kalisks.

" I've always wanted to ride one!" she chirped, getting off her seat immediately.

She followed the elves and a few of the others in front of her to the stable, her eyes immediately landing on a Kalisk whose body seemed to be a gradient of cyans and greens. She approached it carefully and patted the snout, getting a low huff in response. " Hello," she smiled gently, stroking its head, " You remind me of the ocean." The strange creature didn't seem to mind what she said and moved closer.

" I guess that's my cue to hop on, huh?" she laughed and climbed on, relieved that her feet didn't get tangled up with the reigns in the process. As soon as she settled down, she waited for the others to get ready. Once again she felt the familiar hum of water magic from nearby, but this time, it was colder. As if was water magic, but not entirely. She looked around and realized that it must have been coming from the nymph with greyish-blue hair. Aryea flicked the reigns of her Kalisk and decided to approach him, it wasn't every day that she got to meet water magic users from another race or region.

"Hello there, " Aryea greeted in a friendly manner, " I'm Aryea Kai from Elysia, I couldn't help but notice that you're a follower of Umes' magic as well."

Mentions: The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Uasal Uasal Emmi Emmi 88monster 88monster Berries Berries
Interacting with: Vyseryx Vyseryx

Last edited:
gravmage.jpgAtlas of Dawn
marksman.jpg
Atlas raised his brow at the white-haired woman's harsh manners but said nothing otherwise. Most of the people here seemed to have gone through hell, and he was willing to bet that more than half of them had blood on their hands, a few swear words were nothing to be surprised about. Bored, he lifted himself from the seat and walked over to the bar just as a dark-haired girl with a purple eye entered.

" A fire scotch please," he said to the bartender as he took a seat at the bar. " And a bowl of crackers," he added when he saw Oz looking at him expectantly. The bartender took his coppers and gave him what he ordered, ignoring the odd lizard-like ferret creature that hopped from Atlas's shoulder onto the bar and proceeded to snack on the bowl of crackers. Atlas took a sip of his scotch and watched as the girl approached the table jovially, almost choking on his drink when she called Reis " Rice Flan". Atlas smirked to himself, that's definitely a name that will stick around.

Leaving Oz with its bowl of crackers, Atlas picked up his drink and returned to the table. By now, a few more people have arrived. Including a fairy, a goblin, a robotic fairy and several more humans. The robotic fairy piqued his curiosity, he's never seen technology being used on other creatures besides the humans in his clan. Hetried to remind himself that he wasn't here to intrude on others' backgrounds, but an introduction wouldn't hurt, right?

" Hey there," he nodded curtly, taking a seat next to the robot fairy. " Atlas of Dawn." He introduced, holding out his robotic arm.

A moment later, Rice- he meant, Reis, started speaking, briefing them about the mission and the dangers that await. He had to put down his glass when they brought up Dtrir, the fire scotch suddenly feeling numb in his throat. Perhaps deep down, Atlas had always held some belief to the myth of Dtrir. Most people thought it was just an old legend, but Atlas knew that there was more to it, he just never thought that he'd be part of the assembly of folks crazy enough to try to find it. He didn't know what was involved in the journey of finding the keys, but he was willing to bet his other arm that it would definitely more extreme than just your average scavenger hunt.

He was sure that the people here were not just ordinary folk, each must have their own talent. As for him? He's sure that he's the best sharpshooter around, and they could definitely use his help to evade enemies if needed.

Ryas went on to the threats of the Floating Valley, and Atlas listened quietly, keeping his eyes on the map. This quest would not be a quest for the weak-hearted, those not brave enough would certainly not be willing to trade their lives for the promise of fame and glory. No amount of gold would be able to bring a dead man back to life.

Atlas clenched and unclenched his right arm, watching the robotic fingers move.

" This is what happened the last time I was careless," he clenched his jaw and thought silently, " It won't happen again."

Getting up from his seat, he followed the rest to the stables, picking up Oz on his way.

Kalisks were not alien to him, having helped tame the few in Kamut. They were a common way to get across the desert by the people of his clan, and he found that they were rather easy to ride despite their intimidating appearance. He approached the one furthest from the group, one with dark brown skin and red streaks across the back. Oz hissed at the Kalisk as they got closer, earning a low snarl from the creature in return.

"Hey now, behave," he muttered lowly to both Oz and the Kalisk. Oz gave another indignant hiss before slinking into his rucksack, and Atlas patted the Kalisk soothingly, trying to get the creature to calm down. The Kalisk stomped a few times before finally deciding that it didn't want to maul Atlas over, and Atlas gave a small triumphant smile and got onto the back of the Kalisk, waiting for the order to begin the journey to the Floating Valley.

Mentions: Emmi Emmi Berries Berries Critical.Over Critical.Over
Interacted with: Reis Reis (In the Tavern)
(Currently open for Interaction)

Last edited:
Vilias listened carefully to everything that Reis and Ryas had to say. His interest was certainly peaked at the mention of Dtrir - he'd heard of it, but he'd always thought that it was just a story. He definitely never thought he'd end up trying to find the place, especially since, according to the stories, it's practically impossible to find it, let alone open it. Agon's Floating Valley, while it sounded dangerous for just about everyone else, didn't really feel like a true danger to him. At least, the falling part, since he has wings. Then again, if he had one of his moments while in the air...it would be embarassing to die like that. Maybe he'd just take the stairs.

Vilias had seen Kalisks before, but never ridden one, so he was certainly excited. Being indoors, even for such a small time, had made him tense, and the second he got out of the door, he took a big breath of the fresh air to calm himself down. "Much better..." he said in relief, to nobody in particular. He looked at all the Kalisks, and was surprised at the variation of colours that there were. They all interested him, but he obviously couldnt ride them all. He was only one person. Looking at them all, his eyes settled on a white one with light grey patches across it.

Going over to it, he marveled at the fact that something so fierce and dangerous looking could be used as a steed, but he knew that they were. He patted the Kalisk's head softly, saying, "Hey friend, my name's Vilias. Mind if I get on?" Seeing no signs of rejection, he attempted to climb onto its back...but he was way too short to do so the normal way. He ended up having to fly a little to be able to get on, but finally managed to get on top of it. "Thank you. You need a name...I think I'll call you Winter. Soft and beautiful, yet dangerous and harsh. I think it fits." He'd rode things before, he was sure he could ride a Kalisk no problem. Probably. Maybe. Well, he knew enough not to fall off, and how to get it to move, so even if it looked weird when he did it and might not go in a straight line sometimes, he could. Just not in a fight.

Having successfully managed to get on its back without it lying down on its front first (even though he might still be too short even then), and having sufficiently questioned himself silently if he could actually ride a Kalisk, he felt ready to go. He held the sapphire of the amulet gently between his index and thumb absentmindedly, and steeled his resolve. He would do this. He sat there patiently, waiting for the order to leave, and looking at the rest of the group. Some looked odd or dangerous but Reis wouldn't choose someone for no reason. Or at least, he hoped not.

Mentioned: Berries Berries
Interacted with: No one, currently.

The Invincible Lazy General: Clair O'Reilly

Clair let a soft sigh escape her lips as Richter moved to sit beside her. The man was quite tall, well built, clearly, fit and more than anything dangerous. But unfortunately, the whole old man thing wasn't really Clair's thing and to be honest she wanted nothing to do with his advances at all. And as such she simply flashed him a halfhearted smile before returning her attention to Aguar. Sure blowing off Richter like that could have been considered very rude but Clair felt it would convey her feeling much better than had she addressed him with words. Perhaps her silence would even give him a chance to play off his advances as a joke perhaps even altogether as if they never happened. None the less Clair had made her decision and it was too late to go back on it now.

As she returned her attention to Aguar he called out to her and inquired as to why she was gazing, his voice was rough yet kind. Calm yet exhausted. It bore a foreign accent the likes of which had likely led many a woman astray. A voice that sent shivers down Clair's spine almost instantaneously. Perhaps her adventure to this 'shit shack' had not all been for nought. She had come in search of treasure and well she had found her pirates booty. Aguar continued to question Clair and as he continued it was made quite obvious he was after much the same. With a subtle bite of the lip, Clair responded in a flirtatious tone of her own, eyes wandering dangerously as she did so "You have the right to remain silent. But I doubt you will.".

Just as things were getting interesting Clair was interrupted by the man of the hour. As he came to a close Clair downed the remainder of her ale and stood up from her table with what could only be described as an overwhelming aura of disappointment. She had been promised riches, fame and in a roundabout way a life with no hassle in return for her services. She was not promised a wild goose chase to fulfil some unknown guy's fantasy of finding a land abandoned by the world. A land with no physical location, recorded history or mention for centuries. A fairy tale if you will. "what a waste of time.....".

Clair fixed her cap, paid her bill and made her way outside the tavern, completely set on heading home as soon as possible. However, there was something that bothered her immensely, something that after a few seconds of pondering made Clair approach the stables. Just who in their right mind would hand away twenty Kalisks for a goose chase? A madman was not something Reis struck her as. He was logical in his thinking and everything so far was expertly thought out despite his outward appearance and mannerisms. The man was dead serious in what he had said and at no point had a hint of doubt spiced his words. Curiosity had gotten the best of Clair and despite her better judgement she soon stood face to face with a Kalisk of her own.

Everything about this adventure was a pain and with time it would only become even more painful. More exhausting and more demanding of effort. Quite honestly Clair hated herself right now. She knew she would come to regret joining this bunch but there were too many unanswered questions she had left to find out.Besides, if all went according to her new plan, not only would she be able to get closer to the half-elf but she would also be able to save herself the effort of piloting a kalisk herself.

With a smile planted firmly on her face, Clair approached Aguar and offered him her hand to shake "The name's Clair, guess we're going to be spending a lot of time together. Have you ever ridden a Kalisk before?"

Bill Nein Bill Nein The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

4570e26ebb7e96bba8d24f20d88fc527.png

6388d2a1db5121e05b575115c22372e1.jpg

"You are probably wondering why I called you all here today." The elf said in a loud, commanding voice - demanding that all other chatter die down. No, I don't, Alexa thought to herself, glaring at Old Man.

"My name is Reis Flan--"

Rice Fan, Alexa snickered, making fun of his name.

"I have been hired to assemble a group of explorers to seek out one of the most precious treasures of our time - one that has been lost for many generations. The journey will be arduous and dangerous to the upmost degree, and I have selected each one of you based on your individual skills. If we are successful, not only will we be famous, but I can assure you that the riches will far exceed any of your expectations.

I have implied this already but I will state it outright now: leave immediately if you are not prepared to risk your life in this venture," Reis paused, scanning the group solemnly, "this is your last chance to back out. If you decide to stay and hear me out, you will not be allowed to leave. If you should attempt to do so, you will not be leaving alive." The elf stated. Alexa yawned.

"Now that I have assurance of your loyalty, let's get to business..." What loyalty? Alexa is not loyal at all. Hell, if "Rice" were too die, she would kiss him goodbye, and leave him to die. "2345 years and 3 months ago, the Kingdom of Dtrir closed itself off from the world. It used the culmination of all magics to open a rift in space and store their kingdom inside of it - planning to reopen once the danger to their kingdom had passed. However, Dtrir miscalculated. In order to close the rift, they made a lock - the keys to which were the only way of opening it again. As the rift was closing, the keys were dropped and fell to earth...

"Dtrir has been locked in the rift ever since." Reis stopped for a moment to gauge the reactions of the group. "No shit sherlock," she muttered to herself. "So far, I know the location of 5 of the 12 keys to the lock, and am currently investigating the locations of the others. As far as we know, there is one key for every magic type of known magic. The keys are exceedingly hard to find due to the fact that they usually use magic in order to conceal themselves, and their magic is so powerful it is often treacherous to get near them. The first of the five keys is located near here," Reis pointed to the marker on the map, "and is the key of gravity.

"Perhaps you have heard of Agon's Floating Valley?" Reis questioned briefly, not waiting for an answer. Alexa's ears perked up. In the note she received anonymously, it had said there's a 6/10 change that her parents were being held captive there. She grinned to herself. If her parents are there, she would be able to retrieve them, and go back home, not caring for anything else. Even if she got paid all the money in the world--or Dtrir--she doesn't care. She just wants her parents, and she's in denial that they're dead. She just wants her parents to be proud of her for the first time in her life. She doesn't know what Agon's Floating Valley is specifically, since she never heard of it in her life, but she's determined.

"The reason why the valley floats is because that is where the gravity key fell to earth. That is our first destination." Reis stated firmly. "We will need to make it all the way to the top of the staircase to retrieve the key."

For the first time, Ryas spoke up. Raising his hand like a student in class, the elf smiled at the assembled group. "The immediate threats are: falling to our deaths and attack by unidentified creatures," he said with altogether too much excitement to be talking about life-threatening peril. "I'm Ryas, by the way! I'll be your guide for the majority of this mission." The small elf added, standing up out of his seat but that didn't amount to much given his height. "The plan is to leave immediately and we have arranged for Kalisks to transport everybody. So, if you guys don't mind, the Kalisks are stabled outside." He said with an innocent smile. Alexa rolled her eyes. She didn't care if he had Kalisks or anything. All she knows is that they're ugly creatures. She prefers cute horses thank you very--gah, fuck. Alexa likes cute things in general.

"Don't forget, guys... No trying to run off without us!" Ryas added with a giggle, "unless you want to die, that is..."

With that, Reis and Ryas began walking towards the tavern's stables. Reis didn't seem concerned with whether or not the group came, but Ryas looked around at everybody happily. Once outside, Reis whistled once and a black-striped Kalisk trotted up to him and nuzzled his hand. Vaulting onto the creature, the large elf sat comfortably astride the beast while he waited for everybody to pick out a mount of their choice and prepare to go.

Alexa walked towards the tavern's stable, and spotted a solid black one with red eyes. Her heart immediately sank to her stomach, and for the first time in her life, a coy smile spread across her lips. It was a very attractive smile, but she never knew it, since she never smiled before. She slowly walked up to the Kalisk. In a low, hoarse voice, she asked it, "Are you.." she paused, then scoffed. "Hah! Ridiculous... but.. you aren't dead... are you?" She looked down. "You look like Jax... Jax Day..." Jax Day was a famous terrorist leader that everyone knew about and feared. The very mention of his name would make someone tremble. And... he's Alexa's father.

She then managed to jump on the Kalisk's back, looking at the crowd, picking the best pet names to piss everyone off.
Mentioned: The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald PowerElite PowerElite Peculiar Panda Peculiar Panda LannaCrowe LannaCrowe Zamasu Zamasu || Interacting With: Berries Berries || Mood: Awed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back