• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Key To a Locked Heart

"Sweet, so my work paid off, what I told you is that the criminal world knows of me as the masque, I'm a hacker known for Master Boot Record viruses, which allow me to completely control the computer without any detection from the user or antivirus, and because of my handiwork, not a single government knows that the masque is a college student in New York. I'll tell you more about my life as we get to know each other." Kevin got up, "want to see the best part? I'll be back" Kevin walked into his office and came out wearing a plastiform white mask with a black hoodie over it all. "This is what I wear and the voice I use for communication with other hackers or anyone else that knows me as the masque" he said with the voice that his phones voice modulator gave him, the sound coming out of a speaker in the jacket, yet no trace of his actual voice coming from the mask.

(I'll put up a picture of the mask in a few days)

Val smiled, leaning on the table. "Much cooler than me." She said, looking at him. She smiled a bit more, kind of dreading that she had to act this way all the time.

Kevin removed the mask and his hoodie, "it gives me another level of interaction that most other hackers don't have, but I rarely use it, especially not in public." Kevin sat back down, "what you don't wear some sexy suit when you go thieving In The night?" Chuckling to himself at his stupid joke, Kevin took another bite of pasta, knowing full well that thieves wore clothing similar to the occasion they needed in order to steal the target.

(Oh jeez, I almost mixed characters in RPs, I need to go to bed, I'll reply to whatever Val does in the morning)

Val smiled. "Yes. It looks like a catwoman suit, but the zipper goes down a bit farther than hers does." She said, leaning back on the couch after she finished the last of her pasta.

Kevin raised his eyebrows at her, "oh I highly doubt that, you would never be able to infiltrate parties without being stopped. But then again, it'll be my job to get you in now." Kevin took the plates into the kitchen. "Speaking of which, if we are going international, we need to get passports, I've got a friend that can get us those, and I'll put us into the Interpol system so it will be easier to get through."

Val smiled. "Alright, that sounds like where getting tons of trouble if where caught. I like it." She said with a mischievous grin. She was never one for following the rules like a blind bat, she wanted to be able to do what she wanted, when she wanted.

"Of course we will get arrested if we're caught, so I'll have to make sure we won't be." Kevin pulled out his phone, "before I call my friend, is there any name you would prefer?" He asked as he sat down, put the coffee table back to its original position and put his feet up, while leaning back.

Val shook her head. "As long as my name isn't Mildred like some old lady." She said, smiling at him. She crossed her legs, bouncing her foot as she waited for him.

Kevin laughed as he started up his voice modulator, and called a grifter who was very skilled at forging identity cards. "Hello my friend, I am in need of two passports, the names being Felicia and Seth Solmone, I'll send you the pictures for both via text, and the same rule applies, print one picture of each, then delete the pictures. You know what the consequence is if that rule is not followed. I can always find you and you are replaceable. I will drop off the money at the normal point once I receive my passports at the other location." Kevin frowned as his contact replied, "Look, you know I keep my word, have I ever crossed you before? I'll be seeing you." Kevin hung up and turned to look at Val, "was that good enough for you?"

Val nodded. "Good enough for me." She said, smiling. "This is going to be one interesting partnership. One person who will be the face, and another that does the behind the scenes.

"And who exactly would you say is the face?" Kevin smirked at her, "because we both have the skills to do both." But your right, interesting is probably just skimming the top."

Val nodded. "I just have to put on something super baggy before I get on the plane, or guys will be following me around the airport." She said, laughing.

Kevin laughed, "it'll be okay, we can go get you some clothes that will fit you better than mine. Besides, it'll take my friend a day or two to make our passports." Kevin raised an eyebrow, "but still you're avoiding the question, who do you consider to be the face of this team?"

"I dont know," Kevin said, winking at her, "I Can pull off a good con when I need too." Kevin looked at his watch, "Wow, Its starting to get late, Lets finish watching that movie. "I've got to get up early tomorrow for a class." Kevin sighed as he sat down and pressed play on the remote.

Val scooted over to give hi more room. "Oh really? It would be interesting to see you try to con me." She said, her smile reaching her eyes.

"Well, look at that. A real smile." Kevin grinned "I'm sure it would be very hard to con you, I'm not the proffesional one here. But if it came to technology, I would blow you out of the water." Kevin laughed

Val nodded, chuckling. "Yeah. There is a reason none of my heists involve virtual money." She said.

Kevin clasped his hands behind his head, "And that is all about to change." Kevin sat back and enjoyed the movie. Almost falling asleep a couple times. once the movie had ended he turned off the T.V. "alright, if you want to stay the night, you can take my bed, I'll sleep out here on the couch."

Val didn't respond. She was curled up on the couch, snoring lightly, her face a look of pure innocence. She looked almost like a regular shy girl rather than who she really was.

Shes even more beautiful when shes asleep. Kevin thought as he went into his room to grab an extra blanket. Returning with a very soft down comforter he put it over her, he smiled to himself, Wow, who ever thought it would be me with the beautiful girl in my apartment. He returned to his room, taking off his shirt and changing into a pair of pajama pants, He went to bed.

Val rolled over in her sleep, clutching onto the blanket. She murmured something in her sleep, clutching the blanket tighter. Now this was a common occurrence that in her haste of leaving her house, she forgot. Her entire house has recalled her screaming various times during her sleep, which is what began to happen. Her face scrunched up as she let out a scream, her breaths shallow and short as sweat ran down the side of her face, the nightmares getting worse.

(HAHAHA this is a fun twist)

Kevin sat bolt uprght when Val started screaming. "Whats going on?" he muttered to himself as he got out of bed and walked into his living room. Seeing Val in night terrors, he tried to remember what they would do for his step brother when he stayed at his mom's house. well, hope she doesnt freak out more when she wakes up. He thinks as he wraps his arms around her body, keeping her still and from hurting herself. All while softly saying her name, but loud enough to try and ake her up. "Valorie, Valorie, wake up. Nothing is going to hurt you valorie, please wake up." He repeated this, devoted to his cause, as he knows how badly someone can get injured from the thrashing caused by night terrors. Even if I'm here all night, I wont let her get hurt. He thinks as he continues to try to wake her from her nightmare.

Val stirred a little bit, her eyes opening a little bit. "Mhh..." She said, making a sound. She soon blushed a bit, realizing how embarrassing this was. She had caused him to worry, and screamed in the middle of the night, probably worrying the neighbors. She looked back at him "Sorry for making you worry." She said.

Kevin released his grip on her, relieved and breathing heavily. "It's Okay, But are you okay?" Kevin gave her a worried look, "My brother had night terrors. So i knew what to do. but I also know the damge that can happen to someone during one" Kevin wouldnt tell her, but the main thing he was thinking of was when his little step-brother killed himself in one of his nighttime fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back