• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Island Of Misfits

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The noise was fading, but still there. It seemed like whatever it was had been checking every room to make sure there was no one left to chase or kill. A deep sigh emitted from her as she was stuck in the stairwell. Suddenly, a red light caught her eye. It was a camera. She had remembered that they were talking about a security room. Could they have found it? Taking the chance, Elaine took out the folded map and held it in the air. Security cameras didn't have sound so she couldn't tell them where she was going, but generally she was trying to tell them she had a map. Maybe they could tell where she was by the surveillance and find here. Regardless, she remembered the monster on the other side of the door and folded the map back up to put it away. Then, she gestured to the door and tried to make out a warning to not go through those halls and to take the stairs. Hopefully they would listen.

Xander stared at the screen that showed the 3rd person on the screen. "They probably change it a lot too..." he mused. He blank stare changed when he noticed the girl was moving again. He blinked. "She has a map." He said suddenly, pointing. He continued to watch her. "Looks like she might be a team player after all." He looked around, wonderng if it was risky to use the intercom. It would spread his voice throughout the whole building, so whatever thet were up against would hopefully be unable to use it to track either her or them. He frowned, indecisivness sinking in. She was in danger if his voice startled it and sent it her way. He really wanted to know what it was. He understood her 'don't go that way' signal. However, when his eyes went to the hall she gestured, there was nothing. Could the cameras not see the thing? "I don't really want to leave here..... but what if that thing is strong enough to break the door? We're screwed then....." he wished he was more tech savvy. Then he might know what button did what. They could try to turn off all the lights, but they didn't have a flashlight or even a lamp.... "we can't stay locked in here." That was the only thing he knew.

“We have to find her.” I said, grabbing the controls to the camera. I moved it so it looked like it was vigorously nodding at her. I wanted it to mean stay there. But I couldn’t be sure if I was passing that message on clearly. I grabbed some paper and sketched a very sloppy version of the map she was holding. It took a while, and I kept momentarily moving the camera up and down so she knew I was still there. I could just about read some of the room names from the map. Others were too blurred and small

After it was done I jotted down the name of the camera location. “Juniper corridor”. All the places had these Erie botanical names. I tried to find it on the map. I couldn’t But figured it must be what I’d written as “Jupiter corridor “ even though that didn’t fit the flowery theme.

“Come on. She must be here. We’re here”. I put my fingers in both places on my scraggy map. “Not too far. Then we’ll all get out of here.”

I shook the camera left to right so she knew something was changing and I stormed to the door, map in hand pencil in my pocket. I hoped my new friend was going to follow me

Xander followed, agreeing that they shouldn't remain separated. He took ne last, quick look for anything useful on his way out the door. He bolted back, grabbing some of the notes they'd found. "Might have useful information." He explained when he returned.

Once they were outside, he let Freddie lead the way. Honestly, his map was better than anything he could have even done. Every once in a while he would thing he heard something, but there was never anything there. He even jumped when he stepped on a stray paper. They came across a dead guard, and Xander took his radio. Now they all could communicate, if they found her. He peeked over Freddies shoulder. "She looked like she was saying to avoid the halls.... which leaves the staircase as the only option..." he said quietly.

“You’re right “. I looked at the map, putting my finger on the squiggly line that represented the staircase next to the Juniper Corridor “maybe.. here? I think we’re here...”

I pointed at another point on the map. Alas, it was only a guess. I couldn’t see room names or corridor names... I couldn’t cross check with my map and it was driving me mad.

“I think if we go this way”. I put my back to the wall and slowly edged towards the empty hallway.

Elaine looked at the camera and it suddenly started moving back and forth. Was it them? Were they trying to tell her that they had understood? By any means, she'd take the chance. The weapons room was down that very hall, but she wouldn't be able to go alone. Whatever it was, it seemed to be finishing up its rounds which seemed odd. Does it know how to climb? Why aren't there any in the stairs? This made her look up and then down the staircase. What an interesting assumption. Pushing the thought aside, she then saw the camera move back and forth before stopping. Were they leaving? Did they know where she was? At any rate, she wasn't going to make friends. She just wanted to escape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back