• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Island Of Misfits

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

CharlieBoy

Space Cowboy
Have you ever heard the saying that people like us should be rounded up and left on an island? Well that’s what’s happened.

All of us Mis-fits. Young thugs and petty criminals. They brought us here to rehabilitate us. They think that will help us better than jail.

But they were wrong. It’s all gone wrong and they’re ran away. They’ve seen what else inhabits the island. It’s now up to us to survive.

RP Rules-
No Godmodding-
Of course this comes as fairly obvious. But please don’t kill off characters if they are not yours. If you’d like to leave. Please pm me.

All characters must be over 16

Please post your character Sheet over in the CS Page. I must approve first.

Please post at least three sentences/ short paragraph per post. No one liners or one sentence.

I don’t mind if you write in first or third person

Please post as regularly as possible (at least once every few days).

IF POSSIBLE. Try not to use fancy BBCodes. My phone doesn’t like them. Just a selfish request.

(WIP)

I sat as I watched them all run. All of the guards running for there lives. They proclaimed that they couldn’t live here anymore. I don’t know why.
They didn’t even bother to take us. We’re nothing to them, anyway. Just a bunch of young criminals and thugs. Not fit for the planet.
Although, I’m innocent. I really am. They don’t believe me though. When you’ve lived a life as messed up as mine, they never will believe you.

I sat In my cell and just watched them all pass through the corridor. I was scared. I knew that I’d either die locked up... or they would unlock the doors. And who knew what other inmates would do without guards.

With a cream and a bang... the doors unlocked. I stayed put.

Xander sat in his cells bed. He had been in the middle of a nap- about the only thing he could do in his cell. Suddenly blaring alarms woke him. Peering out of his cell, he watched armed guards running and yelling. Many dropping their weapons to get rid of exess weight.

He seemed to have the worst luck. Not only was he falsly accused of murder, but now it seemed there was something else they could not fight here. He watched the uniformed officers run for their lives, without a thought for the prisoners. Soon the hall was empty. There was a loud buzz and his cell door opened. Stepping slowly across his small cell, he hid on one side of the doorway. Smashed between the little toilet and the wall. He reached forward and pulled the thin sheet to himself. He did not want to know what happened. He covered himself, leaving a tiny gap he could barely see through.

He did not know what made all those armed guards run like their lives depended on it. But he did not want it to find him. If he was lucky, and something did come lurking around, the sheet would be enough to hide him.

If not, something would be coming and it would be smart enough to spot him and eat him... or whatever it wanted to do. The halls were quiet, and he waited until some of the other prisoners started leaving their cells.

Elaine had sat in the darkest corner of her cell. What did she do wrong in life? Why did she choose to fall into the path of criminals? She was a good person at heart, but that didn't stop her from getting into the wrong crowd.

She glared at the wall as if it was someone who she despised. Not again. She will not trust anyone again. Her hands had turned into fists as anger started to surge within her. There wasn't anything she could really do now. Those she wanted to retaliate were long gone and she would probably never see them again.

Suddenly the cell doors were opening one by one and that had made her stop. Was this a test? Slowly she had gotten up and looked around. Guards were running frantically. Something wasn't and things were going to get heated.

I decided that I had to brave it to find out what was going on. I stepped out of myself slowly.. very slowly.
The corridors were deathly quiet. What I hadn’t noticed whilst cowering in my cell is that most of the inmates had now had the same idea and decided to follow the guards. The whole prison was virtually empty, save for a few of us still sitting in our cells not wanting to step foot outside.

“H.hello?” I called out, to see if I could get another inmate to talk to me. Someone had to know what was happening here. “Is anyone here?”

It was a stupid question, because I could see at least two prisoners from where I was stood. But I wanted to seem friendly enough that someone wouldn’t be too scared to come forward. All we had now, was each other.

Xander crept forward slowly. Pulling himself to his feet. He peered outside. He blinked slowly, the place was completely empty. No, not completely... as he looked atoynd he saw two others in their doorways. He wondered if they felt like him, not wanting to stay, but afraid of whats going on. He looked around again. Nothing seemed amiss, other than the empty cells. He wondered what happened to empty the whole builing. He slowly edge forward more. What had he ever done ro deserve this? "Do... you guys know what happened?" He whisper yelled, afraid of speaking too loud.

I turned to find the owner of the voice. I saw a red haired guy, maybe a little older than myself.
“N..no” I said tentatively “the guards just ran. Screaming about “it”. Everyone else followed suit. I don’t know if that was a good idea... I don’t know what “it” is...”

I stepped a little further out of my cell, my dirty bare feet making barely a noise on the metal floor.

“I think we’ve been abandoned “

Elaine's eyes darted to the two males that were talking quietly about the situation. She rolled her eyes, the tactic of staying low and undetected was slowly being given away. If it was a threat, she wasn't going to stick around to find out. She knew they were trying to talk to her as well, but all she could do was glare at the floor contemplating on her next move.

'I won't die here' she thought as she remembered that with a prison, there were weapons. Her eyes widened at the realization. 'It's every man for himself. Sorry guys. Nothing personal. Just business.' Elain then took off down the corridor where everyone was running to. There are more than just one way, right? Eventually she came to a door and on the other side was a flight of stairs. She took a deep breath. Survival. The first thing she wanted was a map. So, she slowly and cautiously headed down.

“Don... don’t!” I called after the girl who had come out of her cell. “Don’t go out there alone... it.. it could be dangerous.”

I didn’t know what was out there. What anyone was running from. A tribe? A monster? Another country raiding the island? Who knew. But I knew I didn’t want to travel this alone.

I walked a little towards her, so I was between her and the other guy.

“We May be the only survivors...”

Xander, afraid of being left behind with whatever made everyone bolt, went after the other two inmates. "We should stay together.... safety in numbers..." he called out softly. He trailed after them, peering arpund corners. To have the armed guards flee, it had to be terrifying. "If we can find the security feed, we might be able to see what happened.." he suggested. If they had free run of the place, then they might have access to the cameras.

“He’s right” I muttered. Then I nodded at the older man. He couldn’t have been that many years older than me, but he looked so much more grown up than I did. I looked like a child, and wouldn’t have looked out of place in a school.

“Where... where do you think it’ll be!” I murmured nervously to him, turning to look at any and every noise that I heard. My guard was up and I was on high alert for anything that was coming our way.

Elaine had rolled her eye after hearing the two males talk about sticking in numbers. 'Idiots' she thought as she continued down the flight of stairs. It was kill or be killed. She didn't know these two and if they made a dumb decision, she wasn't going to put herself in a death situation because of them.

After landing on the third platform, she peered through the window of the door. There were random things scattered everywhere. Whatever it was, it was inhuman enough to make everyone leave in a hurry. Slowly, she went through those doors. Survival. Quickly Elaine had went into the nearest room hoping that if the monster was there, he didn't notice her.

When she looked in the room, there was a desk with papers scattered everywhere, a chair that was flipped over, and file cabinets half opened. Were they ransacked? A map. Quickly Elaine went behind the desk and began looking through papers in hopes of finding what she had came for.

I just watched as the girl walked away. I couldn’t believe anyone could be so blasé about not sticking together.
I shook my head, but decided to go the way I figured was best... to the security room like the other man had suggested. I had a vague idea where it was in the sprawling building.

I beconned the other man to follow as I kept my back flat against the wall, scooching myself along. Every corner, I stopped and peered around. I was deathly afraid, my breathing had gone heavy and my heart was beating through my chest.

The corridors were long and all looked exactly the same. I knew I was kind of lost, but kept going in the direction that I knew. Hopefully I would find the security room soon.

Xander quickly followed the other male. He was worried about the girl, going off on her own. However, they could always keep an eye on her once they found the security room. He was sure every room had at least one camera. Probably hidden ones throughout the whole island. As the two searched, they came across a door. There was no sign on it, but it required a code to access. "This might be it. Or even lead to it..." he whispered. "Any idea what the code might be?" He turned, swallowing, to one of the nearby corpses of a guard who didn't make it. Would someone have the code on them? Or were they going to have to try random combinations?

After a bit of searching, she had found a rolled up map. It was longer than what she had anticipated which worried her. When she opened it up, the facility was a lot bigger than what she thought which had worried her. Great. Scanning the map, she had finally found where the weapons room was. It was two stories above where she was almost on the other side of the building. Even better.

There was a sudden rustling which stopped and then rustling again. It made her stop in her tracks. Please no. Elaine ducked down under the table, holding her breath. Suddenly, there was a voice that was calling for help. Oh no. Oh no. Not now.

Elaine peered around the desk and saw a maimed body crawling helplessly across the floor. She was so in shock that the not identified male had seen her. "Hey. Help me."

Judging by what was left of the clothes he had, he was an officer. Keys. Taking the leg off of a wooden chair, Elaine walked over the the male. His eyes were full of terror. "What are you doing?"

Monotonously, Elain looked at him blankly. "Survival of the fittest." With that, she took the leg and stabbed him. Need to move. Elaine raised the now corpse and found a set of keys. Hopefully one of them works. She then ran back under the desk to wait just in case the thing had smelt fresh blood.

I shook my head.
“Not a clue.” I shrugged... I couldn’t believe we’d gotten so far only to have a stupid code be our downfall. “I mean.. I guess they might... but it’d mean searching there corpses”

I let out a shudder as the thought crept right the way through my bones.

“We could try some of the more... obvious codes... like the date this was opened... July 15th... maybe it won’t come to that”

"Good idea. Go ahead and try. These things usually have 6 numbers so put the year too." He had had a code pad like that to prevent his clients from going in the back when they weren't suppose to. Hopefully it was the same with this fancier one. Hopefully this worked. If it ment possible survival, he would search the bodies. He didn't really want to though. Heglanced around quickly, watching for anything coming. He stared down the hall a bit. He tapped his companions shoulder. "Hey... I think that guy is alive..." he whispered. Continued to watch, and saw the person move. He was another inmate. He walked over to the guy. Upon closer look, it was clear he wasn't going to live. There was no visable injuries, other than the blood that oozed out of his mouth. Xander guessed that there were several broken ribs puncturing his lungs. He quickly went back to the door. Such a terrible way to die...

I looked away from the guy who was clearly clinging on to his last seconds of life. I knew that the best way to help was to put him out of his misery, but there was no way in hell I could do that.

I turned my attention to the keypad and tried the date this building was made. No luck. I even switched the month and day around. Then the year. Every combination of the date. Each time a little red light bleeped at me.

“These aren’t working “. I sighed, frustrated with the little silver box. “C’mon. Please”

I begged it, I tried once more a random set of numbers. I new my chances were one in a million.

The green light blinked. I couldn’t believe it.

“Holy moly”. I shrieked. “I’ve done it!!!”

"Really?" Xander turned, "lets go in. What was the code? It might be good to remember for any other doors." He said, happily leaving the hall and away from the poor man. He had put several animals down, but he had no euthinatia and a human was very different. Once they were in, and made sure the door was latched shut, Xander looked around. They stood in a short hall with 3 doors. The closest one saying 'SECURITY.' Luckily, it was unlocked. Xander looked ver the room. There were several tvs, split to show different camera veiws. First thing first was to find the other inmate. He didn't know her name. Unfortunatly, none of the cameras could see her while she was under the desk. "I hope she is ok..." he looked for anything that might have made the building empty so fast.

“I doubt it” I swallowed hard, my eyes switching between each screen to see if I could see anything. There was nothing. Not a living soul that I could see. All I could see was absolute carnage all around. Everything was scattered around the once almost clinical institution.

“I can’t see anything in this. Worse, I can’t see what made everyone run. Did you see anyone?”

After what had felt like an eternity, Elaine stood up and looked around some more. The coast was clear. There was dead silence, but that wasn't always a good thing. She looked at the map once more. Go back to the stairwell, go up two levels and go two hallways down before taking a left. A quick huffy emitted from her mouths as she had tried to keep her cool.

Running, she darted back to the stairwell and up the stairs. Hopefully this was the last time she used them. When she stopped at the doorway, she could hear loud banging and growling. Quickly, quickly ducked down and down mid flight of stairs just in case she needed to make a quick escape. The noise sounded agitated and unfriendly. Maybe it was one of those things that everyone was running away from. Elaine was not going to find out, so she had stayed put until she felt the threat had exceeded.

After watching the various screens for a while, he found the girl. "Th-there she is! She looks fine..." he said looking around the cameras near her. He wondered where she was going. "What should we do? I was hoping we would see what caused this chaos..." he began rummaging though drawers. Looking for notes or anything to help them. He found a couple of military radios. He put one on, then turned to his companion. "Here, we can keep in contact if we get separated.... I'm Xander....." he said, introducing himself while they could talk freely.

"I would like to know what happened.... It would have been nice if she didn't go off on her own.... but there's nothing we can do but keep an eye on her.... we also need food and water... maybe something to protect ourselves with?" He went on a listing rant, naming basic things they would need to survive. He was not nessisarily a small man, so rations were going to be difficult for him to adapt to.

He really didn't want to leave their little haven, but they would die sooner rather than later without the basic items they needed to function. Then that would only last so long, before they would have to go outside for provisions.

A wave of sadness swept across my face and it didn’t leave. I took the other walky talky and smiled weekly at Xander

“Freddie” I almost grimaced as I said it. “Look, the only way of surviving this is to get off this island. We’re lucky to be alive as it is. We need to survive somehow, but I’ve not been out of this building since we got here. I don’t even know what the Island really looks like. Maybe it isn’t an island at all! Who knows, but something is out there. And it’s going to kill both... all three of us if we’re not careful.”

I walked and rifled through a drawer finding nothing but papers and a few pens. I sighed and looked up again, tears pooling my eyes.

“I’m scared. I’m not ready to die. I don’t think I’ve lived my life properly”

"Me either....." Xander sat down in one of the computer chairs. "I was actually hoping to be married soon...." He sighed, remembering his late girlfriend. He shook his head, it was too late now. "We should at least prepare ourselves before going outside. Come on, lets see if there is a map somewhere on here." He gestured to the computer. "I know they do in the movies. It will be faster than looking in each room." He went to start pushing random buttons, but stopped suddenly. "You don't thing there would be a self destruct button, do you?"

I chuckled at his last question.
“I.. heavily doubt that” I said, overturning a cardboard box, emptying it’s contents of various documents and sitting next to Xander on it. I looked at the computer screen, and felt almost homely. Like a normal thing. “Although. I can’t be certain”

Password. Great.

“Wait!” I said “the code to the door was erm.. 565678... maybe... the letters underneath might spell something.”

I wrote down the letters underneath each number on the keypad.
5-JKL
6-mno
5-JKL
6-mno
7-pqrs
8-TUV

“There’s nothing. I’m not clever enough for this...”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back