• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Island (Multiple Fandom IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Seabiscuit

Long Shot Legend
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
us-islands-exotic-06-kauai-shutterstock_1053409016.jpg

"Oww.... Ammy, what happened? Didn't I tell you to think before leaping?" The tiny human-like creature by the name of Issun said, speaking as he came back to reality.

His white wolf companion, named Amaterasu or Ammy, slowly regained consciousness, and tried to pull herself to her feet. It took a few tries, but eventually was able to do successfully.

Her coal black eyes scanned the area. This didn't look like any place in Nippon. A curious whine escaped her throat, as she tried to recall what happened, but with no luck. As she looked around, she noticed Issun at her paws, before pointing her nose in the air and sniffing.

It wasn't long before Issun managed to climb up onto the wolf's head, where he noticed some others nearby.

"Umm, hello?" Issun called, hoping to get someone's attention.

1647563327785.png

John blinked as he sat up, rubbing his head. He rubbed his head, noting it hurt for a bit before pushing himself off and dusting off his flight jacket with said "Resistance" patch on it. He stopped and looked around, observing the scenery around here. How he ended up on a island, he'd never know.

Whatever and however he got here was another question, how was he going to get back to fight Skynet now?

It didn't take long for a voice to call out in the distance .

John was cautious, keeping a gun pointed down in his arms as he kept walking.

"Who's there?" John frowned, seeing if this was indeed a friendly face or a foe.

Seabiscuit Seabiscuit

Liotro groaned as he sat up, taking a glance at his surroundings. What had happened? And why... Why was he here, wherever "here" was?
He pulled himself up to his feet, trying to dust himself off but... it didn't really matter, he was constantly covered in slime anyways. He did, however, hear voices off in the distance. He called back to them, hoping for some answers once he found them.
"Hello?!" He started walking towards the source of the voices, hopefully, they were friendly...

Dark Pit
Interactions: Open
Mentioned: DovahBeat DovahBeat darkred darkred Seabiscuit Seabiscuit

“Viridi? is this is some kind of dumb joke then quit it, nobody’s laughing.”

Nope, nothing. It’d been an hour or so since Dark Pit had groggily awoken on the sandy beach, and Viridi, his own means to access the power of flight, had gone completely quiet on him. Under normal circumstances he would’ve genuinely appreciated not having to hear her annoyingly shrill voice orderibg him around for once but now certainly wasn’t the time for that. If Viridi wasn’t playing some kind of sick prank then by the looks of it, the dark angel was currently stuck in the middle of nowhere with no easy way of getting out. He was a sitting duck in the biggest pond there was.

“Some commander to the Forces of Nature she is…” He grumbled to himself as he finally stood up, wiping the sand from his toga before getting a good look at his surroundings.

It was an island, obviously. A rather large one at that. Beyond the pearly white sand Dark Pit could seen miles and miles of jungle foliage, the crises and calls of local wildlife within almost as the crashing of waves. Next, Dark Pit checked his items. It seemed none of the extra abilities Viridi typically granted him were available. In fact the only weapons he had on hand were his Silver Bow, Dark Pit Staff, and Electroshock arm. At the very least, the clone could rest easy knowing he had some means of defending himself if the need arose. For now he’d go with the bow as his main weapon, it’s balanced use in both melee and ranged battle would be beneficial considering he’d have no clue of whatever he’d be going up against. With that out of the way he stretched out his dark teal wings before finally making his way into the jungle. If he wanted to get out of here, Dark Pit would need to use every last one of the resources at his disposal.

Walking into the jungle brought Dark Pit some relief from the harsh sunlight, however the sickly warm haze of the jungle’s humid air was entirely miserable. Not to mention the plethora of mosquitoes, uneven ground, and thick trees and vines made it quite the nightmare to traverse the maze of a forest at anything but a crawl. If he still had his flight the maybe it could’ve been a different story. He hated it. Just how dependent he was on Viridi to function. If Pitstain hadn’t needed to go to the rewind spring then Dark Pit could’ve still had Pandora’s power within his wings, able to fly with no limits in the slightest. Unfortunately, things could never be as clear cut and simple as that, of course they couldn’t.

After swatting at the fifteenth bug who’d bitten him, he’d perk his head up upon hearing the sounds of footsteps some feet away. He’d stop, trying to gauge where they could be coming from before hiding behind a nearby tree. Could it be an animal? Maybe. No wait, if he listened hard enough Dark Pit could make out the sound of someone talking. Looks like this island wasn’t as empty as he initially thought. However much to his confusion, Dark Pit wouldn’t see a pair of human legs. Rather, paws? A talking certainly wasn’t the strangest thing he’d seen. Heck, he’d already met two back at the tournament. Still, it could mean that this wasn’t any ordinary island.

Dark Pit remained in hiding as he heard other steps coming their way. Ones definitely belonging to humans or at the very least humanoid creatures. Slowly, Dark Pit went to grab his Silver Bow, ready to draw and shoot if the need arose. But for now, the angel stayed silent, waiting for the others to make their move.​

Regaining consciousness, the first thing Kaguya saw was a crab. Before anything, she quickly felt for her weapon. Good thing I didn't unequip my weapon when going in this new area, she thought. Then she tried to think of past events before she appeared before this crab. When she couldn't bring herself to a logical explanation, she talked to the crab. "Hello Mr. Crab... d-did you bring me here...?"

The crab didn't answer and scuttled away towards the sea.

Without saying anything, she blinked and tried to get herself up. Shaking the sand off her skirt, she looked around for faces that she knows, but to no avail. There were others as well, probably having the same problem as her, winding up on an island. Holding a hand over her chest, she decided not to talk to those people, but to look towards the sea, wondering about the crab. Then she had a revelation. "A-Ah, maybe me and Ibaraki Douji were drinking~" A little giggle was heard from her.

“Kai… Kai… Wake up Kai!” Kai eyes fluttered opened at the voice calling out to him. “Matoi…” the operative didn’t need to look to know the owner of the voice, after all he’d always be able to tell who it was

“You’re awake, Kai.” Matoi gave a sigh of relief. “Good morning to you too, Matoi.” The Luster responded back in a slightly teasing voice, still on his back only to turn his head to the side to look at his partner. “I’m guessing another teleport malfunction.” The Male ARKS Operative guessed from the feeling of sand on his back and the sounds of waves reaching his ears. “I don’t know if it was a teleport malfunction, but we’re not where we should be.”

They last thing the two of them did was to accept a mission to Lilipa to do a ‘clean up’ and while that plant was composed mostly of sand, it was also a desert planet and didn’t have any water on the surface. Picking himself off the ground he looked scanned the area. “The coastlines don’t look like Wopal, it looks more like the coastline on Earth, though I won’t be sure I take a look at the night sky. I’m guessing communications are down?” Kai asked. “Afraid so.”

“Well that’s a problem, but on the bright side at least we together this time.” Normally you would expect more panic, but this wasn’t being teleported to random locations wasn’t something new to them, it was more or less a Tuesday for the Guardian. “Yeah, I’m glad we weren’t separated. I wouldn’t know know what to do if you were to disappear again.” The Male Operative responded back. “Same here, Matoi.” Matoi gave a small smile at that. “Come on we should get going.”

“Right, what’s our next move?” Kai had survival training, all ARKS Ops did, but they didn’t use it much. They could usually go between their Transport ship and the surface with ease, due the convince of warp technology, so they didn’t tend to use it much. In contrast due to her earlier years, Matoi was far better in terms of wilderness survival.

“Looking at the Sun, I’d say we have quite a few hours of daylight left, we should at least take a walk down the beach to see if we can’t find any sign of civilization.” Matoi suggested. To which Kai agreed. “Sounds like a plan.”

And so the two Guardians walked down the beach to find people, both operatives focusing on sensing life signals through photons, they were a good few distance away from where they started, but they would quickly get a few targets of interest that were picked up by photon sense.

“Five, no 6 hits, four at the beach, two heading towards two, one hiding in the jungle, and one… staying still, they don’t feel like ARKS operatives, natives perhaps?” Kai relayed the information to his partner to which Matoi gave a confirming nod, while they both could sense things through photons, it was better to make sure that they were on the same page. They were still a good distance away and out of sight from the others, unless they also had extra sensory capabilities, they shouldn’t have been noticed yet. “I think the person hidden in the jungle is just watching for now, he’s not making any moves, though you should prepare to fire a Photon Technique at them if they try something. I don’t want to walk towards the larger group, without knowing anything.”

“So we should first talk to the person looking at waves right?” Matoi confirmed. What was left unsaid was If things went badly and they got into a scuffle, then it would be a 1v 2 if nobody interrupted. While they would rather not get into a fight, that didn’t mean that they weren’t capable of ruthlessness.

The duo quickly covered the distance between them and rest of the group and approached the eyepatch wearing woman.

“Excuse me…!” Matoi called out to the rose haired woman. “Are you… do by any chance happen to live around here?” Matoi was more of a talker than Kai, so he’d obviously let her take the lead. Though he wasn’t far behind her and ready to draw the Gunblade at the back of his waist to shoot a hole though anyone that tried to threaten them. The woman appeared to be human or maybe a Deuman, due to the horns, though she felt different when compared to ARKS Humans or compared to Earth Humans.

The Question The Question

Kaguya turned towards the voice that was calling for her. She finally noticed there were others, besides from these two. "A-ah, no... I'm not from around here." She waved a little. "Hello~ I'm Kaguya. Nice to m-meet you."
She bowed a little. "Are you guys.. from this place...? I don't know h-how I got here."

Shiyonichi Shiyonichi

“Nice to meet you too. Though We’re not from around here either, it seems like we’re in the same situation, we also found our way here.” Matoi responded to her question, both Matoi and Kai started to relax a bit knowing that the person in front of them wasn’t likely to be hostile, though Kai was still keeping track of the others and Matoi trusted her partner, as such focused more on her conversation with the Horned Girl.

“Though I guess we should introduce ourselves, my name is Matoi and this is my partner.” Kai gave a quiet wave to the Horned Girl and contrasting with a casual tone to Matoi’s more polite speech, gave a simple: “Name’s Kai. Nice to meet ya.”

Though turning back a bit, Kaguya had said was… concerning to say the least. At this point the best guess they had to why they were here was their Gateway Ship had a malfunction, though if seemingly multiple unrelated parties also got transported, would that mean that the issue was far more wide spread or more likely the assumption that the gateway had anything to do with their predicament was false to begin with.

“If you don’t mind me asking, where are you from? It might shed some light on the situation if we knew what happened before we ended up here.”

The Question The Question

Regina awoke to the dull roar of waves crashing against the shore. She lifted her cheek off the sandy beach, her sharp eyes taking in her surroundings. How did she get here...?

"Oh, shit..." the black ops agent huffed as she scrambled to her feet and drew her Glock. 'I have to be back on Ibis Island, somehow,' she immediately assumed. 'It's a wonder I didn't get shredded in my sleep...' The entire facility had been destroyed, practically wiped from her reality. The dinosaurs' numbers would have been thinned by the Third Energy cascade.

Thinking quickly, Regina checked her communicator watch. "Gail? Rick? You there?" No answer; not even a signal. "Shit," she repeated before roaming at the edge of the forest, looking for life and contemplating her next move.

At some point, Regina overheard a conversation. It sounded casual and vaguely friendly, though she couldn't make out what they were saying. Whoever it was, they weren't making the effort to be stealthy, so she approached the colorful cast who looked more like they belonged at some pop culture convention. She made her presence known by walking out into the open and locking eyes with the others, as if to both acknowledge and caution them.

The Question The Question Shiyonichi Shiyonichi

A secluded island getaway was something Lara Croft would've savored... assuming she knew where the hell she was. The legendary tomb raider hiked through the woods, tapping her compass to make sure it was correct. A sound soon caught her attention. Her eyes lifted from the compass. Someone was shouting. Not good...

Lara ducked and approached stealthily with her pistols drawn. Peering over her sunglasses, she noticed colors foreign to this environment... a person... a boy with wings? Whatever the case was, he had a bow drawn. She had to tread carefully if she wanted to see what he was planning to shoot and not be spotted.

DovahBeat DovahBeat SheepKing SheepKing darkred darkred Seabiscuit Seabiscuit

Kaguya did a slight smile as she concluded that she wasn't in much danger, for the time being. She then turned back to the sea to think, then looked back at Matoi and Kai. "To tell you the truth~ ...I'm from the Moon." Kaguya laughed a little. "I came to Earth to see what it was like, b-but this place is unfamiliar to me... it looks like..." Taking a quick peek in the immediate area to identify it, she saw yet another person approaching them.

"O-oh, hello... welcome to-" She started to boil with sudden excitement...
"Mysterious Survival Island!" She exclaimed. Turning to Matoi, she spoke rather quickly. "You know, now that I think about it, this is like those survival/reality TV programs! This is sooo~ cool! Maybe it's a special episode~!"

Kaguya tried to calm down a little, but she only could speak at a regular pace. "I wonder what will happen here... it's like our own group!" She turned to the new figure. "Do you think there's a secret base here?"

Shiyonichi Shiyonichi Goonfire Goonfire

Liotro continued to wander, trying to rely on his sense of hearing to navigate towards the other people he heard. Then he realized, with how loud the jungle was, it'd be easier to rely on his sense of smell. His horns twitched as he switched tactics, taking in the scents around him.
The air was fresh, much fresher than in the city. He could sense... at least one human nearby, and possibly an avian of some sort? Though the scent was off in a way he couldn't explain. He definitely smelled feathers, though, that much he was sure of.
With the lack of verbal response to his earlier call, he was getting nervous, which made him produce more slime from his skin, akin to nervous sweating.
"A-anybody? I'm lost, I don't know where I am or how I got here..." he called out again, still following his nose towards the freshest human scent and the feathery one. He was approaching fairly closely to Dark Pit and Laura now...

Mentions: Goonfire Goonfire SheepKing SheepKing

There was a slight pause and it wasn’t just because Kaguya said she was from the moon, after all they were from space. “The Moon? You wouldn’t happen to know a Mother Corps?” Matoi asked Kaguya. Mother Corps was one of ARKS’s Earthen allies and their main head quarters was the moon itself. It wouldn’t really be possible for Kaguya to be from the Moon itself without being part of Mother Corps, though from how she was speaking, it didn’t seem like she was and she didn’t seem to be lying…

Both Kai and Matoi took a glance at each other and made eye contact, not just due to Kaguya’s statement that was seemingly contradictory. Both Matoi and Kai put their hands at their hip, though a bit strangely. Kai hovered hand slightly at his waist, while Matoi’s hand was behind her and her wrist was at her hip. They were making preparations to draw their weapons, the Gunblade at the back of Kai’s waist and the floral shaped staff at Matoi’s back, as two more people had arrived, one was going towards the person in the jungle, but one was walking towards them. The person wasn’t showing immediate aggressive action, so neither ARKS operative was trying to show any overt aggression.

“I don’t think we’re in a show… I’m pretty sure we’d be told if we’re in one, umm I guess there could be a secret base around here?” Matoi continued the conversation, as the person was getting closer. Kai on the other hand turned to face the newcomer.

“You there, who are you?” Kai turned to face Regina, studying her. The woman appeared to be a solider from Earth, he could recognize her firearms as the same ones the forces than the militaries of Earth used. Though her firearms appeared to be a few years outdated compared what the most capable military forces of Earth were using.

The Question The Question Goonfire Goonfire

Dark Pit
Interactions: DovahBeat DovahBeat Goonfire Goonfire

….?”
Someone was watching him. He couldn’t see them but Dark Pit could feel a pair of eyes watching. He was near completely sure that at least one person had spotted him. Despite the hot humid air he could feel his blood turn cold. With the thick foliage proving to be the perfect disguise, Dark Pit knew by the time he was able to spot this stalker they would have surely been able to get the first attack in. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he mulled over all of his options. He could start firing wildly, that very well could scare his stalker from their hiding place to they could fight face to face. The thing was, Dark Pit didn’t have a single clue as to what they had in terms of weapons or power, meaning he’d be charging wildly in which, as tempting as it sounded, didn’t seem to be the brightest of ideas. Still, the more he waited the more likely he was to become a target. Dark Pit had to get the advantage no matter what.

Trying not to turn his head lest this stalker realize he’s caught on to their hiding, Dark Pit scanned his eyes through the thick vines and trees, trying to spot any sort of peculiar movement. Let’s seen, there were trees, more trees, even more trees, and so on. There were the dog and human he’d spotted but by the sounds of it they still hadn’t noticed Dark Pit’s presence. Where could they possibly be?

Fine, if that was the case then he very well may have to scare them out himself. Dark Pit held a tighter grip on his bow, suddenly pointing it towards some nearby bushes when he heard sudden movement.
“Got you!”

A arrow made of pure energy quickly materialized between Dark Pit’s finger tips and just as he was about to draw-

He heard them call out, sounding confused? Dark Pit would be greeted by the sight of a young man who at a first glance appeared to be seemingly normal however another look over revealed some concerning observations. First off, Dark Pit may not be a human himself but he was pretty sure that they aren’t supposed to have antenna sticking from their heads. Not to mention their conjoined fingers, the putrid grey sludge oozing from their skin, and the sturdy shell being dragged behind them. This was no ordinary person that was for sure. Still, as much of a strange sight as they were, they didn’t seem appear to be outright malicious, for now that is. Dark Pit certainly didn’t trust them in the slightest but you could call it his intuition that this wasn’t the big bad he was looking for.

The arrow between his fingers disappeared as Dark Pit lowered his weapon. Knowing he was going to regret it a whole lot, he walked over to the the strange creature, giving a indifferent nod of acknowledgment in their direction.

“Hey” He’d address them with a rather bored tone. “Got any clue of where we are?”

He looked clearly disinterested with the snail person, ready to walk away the moment he got his answer from them. Yet still, why couldn’t he shake the feeling that he was being watched?​

Liotro perked up upon seeing Dark Pit approach. He knew he smelled feathers! He was so relieved to see another person, at least he wasn't alone anymore!

"Hi! I--" He paused as Dark Pit asked if he knew where they were.

"I was actually going to ask you the same thing. I don't know where we are or how we got here." He seemed to wilt at that, then quickly perked back up.

"I'm Liotro! I'd offer my hand to shake but people tend not to like my slime..."

Interacting with: SheepKing SheepKing

"My name's Issun, and I am a wandering artist. My companion is Amaterasu, but you can call her Ammy. Furball works too." Issun called as Amaterasu started to move towards the male voice who shouted 'who's there?'

They both were on guard, as they now realized that this definitely wasn't Nippon, considering some of the strange individuals who they saw earlier. This wasn't even The Heavens, Amaterasu's original homeland, before she fell to Nippon.

Interactions: darkred darkred

John turned around to notice what seems to be a human of.. some sort and a dog. They seemed alright for now but he was still on guard.

He walked forward toward the voice who introduced themselves to be Issun and a dog named Amaterasu."

"I'm.. John. But you can refer to me as Baum or Reese. "

Interactions Seabiscuit Seabiscuit

John... that wasn't really a name from Nippon name, nor where the nicknames the stranger had mentioned. This was a stranger place than the tiny humanoid and Amaterasu had thought.

"Nice to meet you. But, umm, do you know where we are?" Issun asked as John came into view. "This isn't Nippon, is it?"

Interactions- darkred darkred

"I see. Well, maybe someone around here knows where we are? I saw some strange individuals eariler, but they got distracted and left before I had a chance to say something." Issun said, shaking his head a little in disappointment and confusion.

As Issun finished speaking, the white wolf's head turned, looking to the jungle as she lowered her head to normal position. She had caught the scent of others, but they didn't smell familiar either. A whine came from her, and her eyes continued to stare at the jungle.

Interactions: darkred darkred

Lara squinted in confusion. One of these people had a snail’s tail, while the other’s wings were, in fact, attached to his back. What kind of alien world had she discovered?

Lara emerged from the bushes, visibly holstering her pistols in a gesture of good faith. “Well then... Suppose that makes three of us who are clueless,” she added, confirming she was in the same situation as they were. “Lara Croft, archaeologist.” She had several tools on her belt that supported her claim—a climbing axe, a compass, and a flashlight, to name a few.

DovahBeat DovahBeat SheepKing SheepKing

Regina crossed her arms, unamused by the showy girl’s dramatic greeting. “If this is a TV show, vote my ass off and send me home already,” she snarked with an eye roll.

It became evident no one here knew exactly what circumstances brought them together. It was suspicious at best and foreboding at worst. “Name’s Regina,” she answered when asked. “So we’re on an island? And it’s not Ibis Island?” Throughout this conversation, her eyes repeatedly shifted towards the forests for a split second, as if she was expecting something to happen.

The Question The Question Shiyonichi Shiyonichi

Kaguya caught herself, gasping a little as she was carried away, getting excited like would do once in a while. "E-excuse me..." To show how shameful she was of bursting out in front of someone new, she did a proper bow towards Regina. "I-I doubt this is a TV show... there's no cameramen and long microphones in y-your face."

She seemed a little sad, thinking of the place she called home; Earth? Or would it be the Moon? Is this island not Earth?
"Matoi..." she started, with a worried tone.
"Is this... really Earth?" Kaguya thought of where she was last, in Japan. She looked at the sky.

But, smiling at her previous thought of this place being a TV set, she tried to change the mood. "You know~ the secret base-- it's underground! Evil organizations always have their headquarters underground!"

Goonfire Goonfire Shiyonichi Shiyonichi

Dark Pit
Interactions: DovahBeat DovahBeat Goonfire Goonfire

Of course, the snail man had no relevant information to spare, of course. If that was how things were going to be then it wasn’t like there was much reason to stick with the guy anymore. Dark Pit had always been someone who worked best alone, why have someone dragging you down or bossing you around when you could do it yourself? Sure, there’d been a few times he had to team up with others out of necessity but, no offense to Liotro, staying with him would more likely than not just slow him down.

He’d been just moments away from walking off when he heard rustling coming from the nearby bushes. He immediately went to grab his bow and aim at the target, narrowing his eyes at the person who’d been watching him all along.

“Look who’s finally decided to join us. Got too bored with being a stalker?”

However, the mysterious woman went to put her weapons away, making it obvious that she didn’t intend to be attack in that very moment, going so far as to introduce herself. With a sigh, he’d go to lower his own weapon, giving a curt reply.

“If neither of you have a clue where we are then I’m guessing you don’t know how to get off of this heap of dirt either, right? In that case, It’s been nice talking but that’d my cue to leave”

“And your affiliation? Which military force are you part of?” Kai asked Regina, who only gave her name rather than anything else. “I don’t know what this Ibis Island is, but I doubt it’s this island.”

Matoi paused at Kaguya’s question of whether or not this was Earth, both Guardians had their suspicions about what was going on, but neither of them we’re sure that it was Earth. “I’m sure we’ll be able to find our way back” Matoi answered back, only for Kaguya to suddenly try and reverse the mood, which caused Matoi to smile.

The Question The Question Goonfire Goonfire

Liotro startled when weapons were drawn and another person made themselves known. He almost reflexively hid in his shell, but luckily he didn't have to. Things grew calm quite quickly, as introductions were made and--
"Hey, wait!" Lio reached out to grab Dark Pit's hand.
"Don't go! Wouldn't it be safer if we all stayed together?"
Then he realized his mistake, he had gotten Dark Pit's hand all slimey, and he immediately let go upon realizing.
"Sorry!"
He glanced at Lara, keeping his hands tucked against his chest self-consciously.
"So, um, you're an archeologist? That's cool."

SheepKing SheepKing Goonfire Goonfire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back